69103members
362981posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Had a lovely day yesterday, skipping through the heather with RevCat, yummy lunch and a wander in the SUNSHINE woohoo!!!
Yep train tickets booked another tick on the list!
Was thinking we will have to have a “How to recognise me in MMU” bench, to include those who will be virtually there too!!
Here goes………..me!
Starting from the top, will be wearing small tiara on top of my stumpy, clumpy hair that completely refuses to grow in some areas.
Face permanently bright red due to excessive flushing.
Interesting facial hair sprouting, long black hairs that appear overnight and a soft down over all the rest of my face, peach effect.
Luscious constantly, burning, tingling lips due apparently to my lack of oestrogen
Small tattoo and an armpit where hair only half grows.
Selective scarring and one yahoo be dooby/booby distinctly smaller than the other.
Attractive sleeve and gauntlet, flesh coloured so hardly noticeable and the permanent fixture of tag a long Lynn.
Large handbag with lots of pockets so I can never find anything but just perfect for dancing around.
Appear to rattle when walking due to the large amount of pills swallowed daily.
A humungous jelly belly that wobbles happily.
Knee high tights that are jolly to wear and should be part of every woman’s attire and lastly my flashing light shoes.
Fingers crossed you WILL be able to SPOT me xx

Highlighted

On the 'why is my head hurtling I've only had one glass bench'.....think I'm tired. Spent the whole day packing chapel and offices p yesterday...(not good for Lyn). At 4 got a call to say today's move had been postponed! What?! The new area failed the fire & safety check which they did yesterday. The day before the move? Perlease! Not a happy bunny! Ah well....more wine please....

Highlighted

Shorts now baggy not snug...... must be sweating off the fat in this glorious weather.
Home tomorrow, back to normal life....... or something
Grumpy (and brown-ish)

Highlighted

Glad that the Scotland Benchies have had a nice day and bargains as well. Yay! Good luck tomorrow Revcat.
I came home from work looking forward to watching the tennis but it was all over. Really didn't think it'd be over in straight sets. That'll teach me.......tomorrow I shall record it!

I'm on the enjoying this weather bench... long may it continue. Please, pretty please!
Highlighted

Kit Kat....maltesers......said in the voice of someone crawling towards the water hole and whispering "water.....need.....water...." lol how pathetic am I!!!!!!
Highlighted

Oh the Scotland Benchies are feeling pleasantly full...
Yummy pub lunch and wander round the town
Seats are booked for the MMU
And the sun shone all day
What can we say?
Hip hip hooray!

Had a good time, new sport of non-synchro flushing coming on brilliantly. Found a hat for f's d's wedding in charity shop for £3 🙂 . And to top it all off (!) tomorrow is the grand unveiling of the new nipple!! On the pleasantly full and happy bench tonight 🙂
Highlighted

Or maybe not. 🙂
Highlighted

I hope the Scottish contingent had a good day practising for MMU, and that neither of you tripped over your knee-highs?:-)
I'm glued to the Federa match. Amazing! Dinner maybe very late tonight!!!
Highlighted

JCJ.........(e) too!! Fingers crossed I'm a winner!!!
RevCat, will be arriving at approx 12.41 pm, oh the fun we will have singing and dancing, through the streets with our tiaras and knee highs, really don't think anyone will notice the midge bites????

Where to lunch and working out train times, need to get my brain in order soooooooooooooo glad to know it's nothing to do with the tamoxifen turning me into a "confused and forgetful type person", mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Sorry about the large black writing wasn't trying to emphasize just hit the wrong key and can't be bothered writing again!! xx

Highlighted

JCJ ... (e)

Oh the Scotland Benchies are meeting up today...
Synchro flushes and hope to synchronise trains!
What can we say, Tamoxifen days
Fan heat away, fan heat way, fan heat away!

Looking forward to seeing you later on Katy 🙂 Hope can recognise me after the midges had a feast on my face last night! Spotty Muldoon rides again.
Highlighted

Is pain in my boob
a) as a result of gardening
b) due to Zoladex injection last week
c) because onc appointment is coming up
d) just scar tissue having one of it's twingy days
e) all of the above
or f) something to worry about?
Answers on a postcard please.
The winner gets to have tea with me at the Midland Hotel Morecambe (at their own expense, obviously!!) 😛
Highlighted

Had food in pub, Millie had chips on carpet.
On second LARGE vodka and anastrozole so will sleep well
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Grumpy

Highlighted

Chocolate camels?! Now you're talking! 🙂 I seem to be stuck on the tennis watching bench tonight!
Highlighted

Don't give in to all that chocolate, cake etc Ali, make the camels proud xx

Highlighted

Kit Kat. Maltesers. Kit Kat. Maltesers. Kit Kat. Maltesers. Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhh
Will. Not. Give. In.
Highlighted

Oh. Sorry Ali, didn't see yours on the next page. "Nom nom nom cake!" Probably not very helpful for your diet?! Yes, I think you CAN inhale calories - or at least I can - but it may have something to do with having to lick as well as smell the wrapper? That and having to EAT the KitKat to get at the wrapper? 😉
Highlighted

Cake! Nom nom nom. Thank you! 🙂
Highlighted

So......day one of my all new, sparkling, tiara-wearing 'Determined Diet'....as in, determined to get rid of some of this Tam Tum before I have to go up yet another size in jeans. Not doing that. So far I've been a successful DDer for, oh....counts on fingers....4 hours 🙂
basically it's a no carbs no dairy eat a lot of fish, chicken and cauliflower diet. Have had eggs and bacon for breakfast. Will have salad and tuna for lunch....can't say I'm hungry but oh boy I'd kill for a kit kat......maybe I could just sniff the wrapper?? Can you inhale calories???
Highlighted

My oh my squiffiness and singing..................roll on MMU!
Central heating in your van?? Well impressed!
Grey skies here today, hopefully rain will stay away, busy week ahead and am freaking myself out every time the postman comes!! Know it's too soon but waiting for op date is hanging over my head, just want to be fine for our meet!
Tiara on, knee highs on, bit of tidying to do, then off I toddle.
Congrats JCJ and OH, anniversary cake in the shed xx

Highlighted

Send her for a long walk with only dog Millie
Send her for a long walk with only dog Millie
" " " " " " " " "
Then back to the Honda!
Highlighted

I have got the central heating on in the van.......Millie is snoring but will have to be woken up for a walk soon!
Grumpy

Highlighted

What shall we do with a tipsy Grumpy?
Relaxing in her Honda.
Highlighted

Lovely Sunday lunch in a pub for our 31st wedding anniv. (31?! How did that happen?!) Then a walk in the country. Kna##ered now. Struggling with the thought that it's back to work tomorrow. I wonder if they'll let me do a phased return, like this time last year?! 😉

No idea why phone has decided to underline that?!

Highlighted

Yes Holllie the Honda will be coming to MMU
grumpy, relaxed and a bit squiffy

Highlighted

No hand to eye coordination, so hopeless at hockey, netball, tennis, rounders, volleyball, netball, ping pong.... However I was excellent at hurdling , running and jumping. A long, long time ago!! Loved (and still do love) needlework, my idea of bliss is a cuppa and a free afternoon with my sewing machine . I've bought some gorgeous fabric to make myself a bag, when the day job gives me time that is! (currently swamped by wedding dress alterations, this is peak season for bridal). Ah well, maybe October....
Have been out for lunch with mil for her birthday. We went last year, I was just about to have chemo #6 and barely made it through the meal. This year however.....mmmmmmm food, mmmmmmmm wine, mmmmmmmmmm pudding........am absolutely stuffed!! So ladies and gents, hang on in there! Treatment can make you feel awful but the return to health at the end of it is worth every single moment.
Now..... I could iron, or I could go to sleep in the conservatory.....don't really know why I'm debating this, siesta in the sunshine!
Oh, and I've entered a competition to win a vw campervan. I've always wanted one, on chemo I dreamt of touring France and Italy and Spain and Cornwall and Wales in one - so, fingers crossed!! 🙂
Highlighted

What was that red stuff called??? Driving me mad!! Went to a brand new secondary school built as the first comprehensive school in our area, so had very posh facilities, tennis courts, swimming pool etc and as first years we were the only pupils!! Did love netball was goal attack or goal defence.
Hating hockey JCJ the hidden link??? maybe onto something................
Last week have had my "super extra flushing", must be subconciously getting ready for meeting RevCat, tee hee!
Very sunny earlier but grey clouds now looming.........
Will we see your van at MMU grumpy?
Kay, are you preparing a Disneyland adventure for us??
No good books at the moment, well nothing that's holding my attention anyway xx

Highlighted

Morning all
Sitting in campervan with mugacoffee, Millie walked and now snoozing, bit cloudy but dry
OH BLISS
Sleep pattern restored
Spoons and hugs for everyone
Grumpy
PS using Kindle fire and hot spots it is great!!!

Highlighted

Made me smile....when I was a new bride, we struggled to keep our garden under control (nothing much has changed,but we hide it better). My neighbours garden was impeccable. I was sure the weedsdidn't dare come up in her garden (came up in mine instead)! One day, I asked her in for coffee. She said she'd just trimmed the edge of her lawn with scissors. Being a friendly soul, I offered her the use of our long handled shears. "I've got a pair of those" came the tart reply. "Scissors do a better job"!!!!! Not enough in her life, methinks....
oh Doz... Have a special hug....
flutter gently everyone...too much to respond individually, and too late at night.... Sleep well in between the flushes xx

Highlighted

Hockey. Urgghhh. Hated it. Always scared stiff I'd be permanently maimed by that horrible hard ball or some viscious b***h's flailing stick. We have to be careful here or some bright spark will claim that an aversion to hockey causes BC?

I've spent the afternoon edging the front lawn and tidying the borders. I can't kneel (hurts knees too much!) and the bending was giving me back ache, so I sat on my bum and shuffled around. I had an old pair of kitxhen scissors to cut back the straggly daffs and tuluips. I couldn't be a**ed to get up to get the lawn edging shears to trim the grass after I'd cleared away the bits I'd chopped off with edging tool, so I used the scissors. Effective, if a little unconventional. Neighbour saw me and I think he thought I'd cut the WHOLE lawn with scissors whilst shuffling around on my behind! He gave me such an odd look!

Have a super spiffing holiday, RC, and enjoy the wedding.
Highlighted

Ugh, hockey on redgra (that's what our PE techer called it - I checked it is still made otday - red and hard and horrid!) in the middle of wonter in airtex tops and short shorts... brrr. horrid. Giveme netball every time, love that... hoping to get to see it at Commonwelath Games next year 🙂

Finally got all my stuff organised for my hols and my friend's daughter's wedding... two cases packed and ready to go. Just waiting for PS clinic to load me down with dressings 'n' potions that will have to transported to Chorley and back then Maderia and back! Sooo looking ofrward to a chill out time.

Was ironing with National Grottery on - one of the quiz questions was 'what is a caiman'... those alligators get EVERYWHERE first QI now in it to lose it!

Won't be around so much for next couple of weeks but will fit in the All Scotland Flushing Team practice with Katy before I head south 🙂
Highlighted

I agree with you about hockey, awful game, hated it. Red stuff? We used to play on a muddy field. Could hardly lift our feet to run with all the mud stuck on our hockey boots!
Haven't dug sewing machine out yet. The glorious sunshine this morning showed up all the dust and grime in the house so I thought I'd better tackle that first. It's been difficult to get on with it though as I keep having to sit down to watch tennis. Nearly done now, so sewing tomorrow. Sorry, can't bring it to Morecambe as it's a real old machine and weighs a ton!!.
Highlighted

Morning all (well it is here!), last day before we come home. Lovely day yesterday at Universal Studios. Queue times reasonable and it didnt rain. ate out at Marguritaville last night which was good.
on Tuesday we went to Hollywood Studios. Went on the tower of Terror etc. ate at Scifi Diner. You all eat in cars in front of a screen showing old movies. OH and I were in the 3rd row of car. Suggested to OH he should take a photo of ED and family, whilst I ducked down in the back seat. When ED looked at photo she couldn't speak for laughing. oH had photographed whole car and my disembodied, semi bald head was sticking out the side of the car! Designated photo of the holiday!
am trying to read the set of Game of Thrones (song of Ice and Fire) by George Martin. Seven books in the set and only on book 2. orlando holidays not condusive to leisurely book reading. Never mind ill be off in the caravan soon for major book reading!
hope all are well

kay x
Highlighted

Amen to the sewing AND the hockey! Seemed to me there were two types of "gals" - those who could thwack the hockey ball for miles at great speed, and those of us who jumped over it or otherwise avoided it! Cold winds blowing across the playing fields... stupid short skirts and airtex blouses (even though the PE teacher was in a track suit, it was alright for us to freeze)!

not too keen to get close enough to any aligator to measure the inches from eyes to nostrils either though....

cool here, but dry at least... loads of washing on the line...

have a good weekend
love Jane x

Highlighted

QI: "To estimate an alligator's length: measure the number of inches from the eyes to the nostrils, this is approximately its length in feet."

This is also the number of Large alliburgers that can be made from it?! 😄
Highlighted

Just remembered something YD said last weekend that I meant to share, as it'll make you giggle. She was carrying my overnight bag and said "You're only staying tow nights what the **** have you got in here?" When I said it was my Chillow - (the mini one at that!) she said that Travelodge in Morecambe, never mind breakfast, should provide room service of iced Chillows!

ES on his way here with a load of washing. New flat has washing machine but he's not got around to buying any washing powder yet and has nowhere to dry it. Men, eh??! At least it means I get ot see him and check he's OK, and maybe he'll clear some more stuff out of 'his' room. 🙂 Mothers, eh??! 😉
Highlighted

Love bargains FF gives you such a buzz!! You just have to buy chocolate now and you're ready to go!!
SEWING MACHINE, she shrieks in horror, brings back bad memories of school, sewing and hockey yuk yuk yuk, hated them beyond belief and think I was worst, no not think, I was the worst.................
Couldn't follow a pattern, sew blah blah, hockey standing in the freezing cold hitting a stupid ball on that red stuff (can't remember the name) that if you fell your legs, knees etc were scraped to pieces, was asked to be on the team declined gracefully.
Sun shone wonderfully yesterday morning then died a death rained all afternoon, welcome to our summer xx

Highlighted

Ff, can you bring your sewing machine to morecombe? Tonight I put on my new jeans & realised they're too long.....
vest and shorts? Heavens!
there I was, melting quietly in a hot, airless hospital wearing a blouse with a collar up to the chin! We pack everything up Monday, move chapel and office Tuesday. yesterday I asked when the drawer units to go under the work surface that passes for desks were going to arrive. "You'll bring yours with you won't you?" We have 40 year old desks with drawers integral part... Sent them off into a panic!

hoping for a quiet weekend on call...hope its warm too...

Highlighted

Popped into my local charity shop today, was hoping to find a candle holder. No luck there but I did find two pairs of jeans. Yay!! Only need to take in the waist and they will fit beautifully. One pair is brand new (M&S) only £5. Bargain!
Back on the craft bench for the alterations and I've just removed the sleeves from the t-shirts that are too big to alter them as well. Going to be a busy day tomorrow after I've dug the sewing machine out of the understairs cupboard.
So pleased that I can now cancel the clothes shopping expedition!

Beautiful day here, think it's the first day I've not been wearing a cardi. Long may it continue!
Highlighted

Katy I did not have any glitter to hand, due to being a RETIRED teacher. Should have nipped next door to get some from the kids....
Been walking today in shorts and vest, now on the Boingy Bench I.e. sofa watching tv and planning trip to coast for a few days.
Oh bliss.....
Grumpy

Highlighted

On the shady bench in the garden WITH MY SHORTS ON!! Been a busy day. Zoladex injection then round to friend's house dor coffee then Sainsb ( other....blah blah blah) shop. Now having well-earned 5, before doing some more jungle maintenance (AKA gardening!).

I love my friend: as soon as she opened the door she said "Gosh! You look slim!" Not "Have you lost weight?" (As in "you don't look as fat as usual") but she actually called me 'slim' - don't think I've EVER had that adjective applied to me before! 😄 Excuse me while I just take up residence on the 'sitting-on-air' bench. It is the one several inches off the ground. I won't be there long. I'll be on the 'M-needs-glasses-get-a-grip' bench soon. 😛
Take that Ta'poxy'fen with knobs on!! (Lop-sided ones???)
Highlighted

JCJ hope you enjoyed your swim!
FF, kittens, lovely!!
Jane, wonderful news about your daughter, well done her!!
Dame Grumpy, did you use the opportunity to throw glitter all over your new paths???? How gorgeous would that be?
Sun is shining, woo hoo!!! Windows all open it's actually WARM...............
Have been all excited, have a wii and love it!!! now I have new IP I can play using "virtual console" yahoo be dooby/booby!!
Sooooooooooooooo is MY world too virtual??? NO ofcourse not!! now where am I? here or there? xx

Highlighted

Paths look lovely, Millie is trotting gently over them so hopefully no tar will be trodden over the (pale grey) carpet....
Having a weekend away to get over a few FRAUGHT residents meetings - I nearly lost the will to live (sorry....) when it got complicated, but we keep on. It will be so nice to sleep in the new campervan with Millie all snuggled up.
Rev, the tittoo procedure sounds complicated and I am sure you will be Super Glam Revcat for MMU. Wrinkly t-shirts available on most market stalls - no, that should be TWINKLY - so I think we should all have one to wear for a walk along the prom, giggling hysterically and frightening the natives.
Appt at clinic next week 're: boob and joint pain - ho hum.
Grumpy in holiday mode

Highlighted

On the Bursting with Pride bench (shiny new one). DD has got a new job - respiratory physio, which is what she loves, and it's near her partner, so they can think about their wedding. Only downside is that she'll be the other side of London, and I'll really miss her. Time for her to fly though.

Highlighted

Not got sky. Have to watch on ITV4. They only show ads when they sit down - usually the same ones - but I still find them so annoying. Used to Wimbledon on BBC.

ES just been here with a van from work and has taken a load of his stuff, but somehow 'his' room now looks fuller than before. I guess it'll be a while before I can get in there and make it into a nice guest room. Patience. Ohhhhmmmmmm.
Highlighted

Have you got Sky JCJ? Tennis is on Eurosport and they do very short ads, only one or two, when the players sit down so they are not too intrusive.
Creative bench is no longer busy. Bought the t-shirts two years ago so tried them on last night and they are too big!! Need to buy more and by then I'll bet the creative urge has died. So maybe you'll see them at Morecambe and maybe not but I can assure you all there will be NO glitter.

Been to my son's tonight to see their new kitten. He is really cute, they'd only just got him when I arrived and the poor little thing was quite bewildered. He was keen to explore his new surroundings but was also scared by them. He soon found a little hidey hole under the T.V. and he kept venturing bravely out and then scurrying back. The grandchildren surprised me by being very good and mainly content to watch him. Perhaps they were well threatened!
Highlighted

The Doc Martins were virtual ones - for the diving/synchronised swimming! I think it was Kay who provided/blinged them up for us?!

Glad your eye problem is nothing too serious, and hope it rights itself soon.

Don't worry about being blingless at MMU - You won't be the only one. The only adornment I'm likely to be wearing is mud, as I'll have come from a tent in a (inevitably) muddy field!

Well the rain finally stopped so I did some tidying in the garden. Now I have a stiff a**e from all the bending. I'm off for my swim now. Going to buy a leisure pass, which costs £8.50 but saves 70p each swim. That should guarantee something happens to stop me going every week??! Hope I'm not tempting fate!
Highlighted

Hope the new paths are worth the disruption Grumpy.

All these hols sound amazing but hard work... only a week to go til mine 🙂 No swimming allowed due to yesterday's surgery... but will be soo good to chill!

I have zero sparkly/twinkly teeshirts let alone DMs.. oh dear, will be letting the side down big time I fear...

Back at optician this morning re: blurry eye... the good news is there is no eidience of anything sinister or anything that suggests poor eye health. However they are referring me to opthalmologist anyway as there must be a physical cause... they think probably Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD). No, that does not mean bits of glass bling/sequins falling off the back of my jeans/tutu/blingy gown. Apparently it is quite common in "very shortsighted people" and a bit of digging suggests no causal link with Tamoxifen, phew and yay! If confirmed, there's no treamtent but it should settle down in a few months!! Maybe I'll be a blinged-up one-eyed pirate for the MMU!!
Highlighted

Have had to leave home today - 5 men, 2 wagons, one trailer, several noisy machines and a load of tarmac arrived!!!!
Anyhow, new paths will look LOVELY by teatime.....
I've got 2 t-shirts with twinkly bits so I'll save them for MMU, but I haven't got twinkly doc martens - will bright orange sandals be OK?

grumpy

Highlighted

Kay, sounds like you are having a brilliant time, busy but lots of fun!!
RevCat hope you are ok!
FF tried a couple of Faye Kellerman books enjoyed one and didn't like the other, same with Jodi Picoult have enjoyed some but not others.............read Mark Billingham's Rush of Blood recently liked it but figured out whodunnit really early on, I like books that are either psychological or those that really keep you guessing.
See the "creative" bench is busy will be watching carefully at the MMU for FF's designs............no glitter I assume?
Am waiting and waiting for a delivery meant to be yesterday, grrrrrrrrrrrrr, can't believe it!!!!knock at door it's here, yippeeeeeeeeee xx

Highlighted

Trouble with the French is it's on ITV - I've only been watching for one day and I've already warn out the mute button, using it for the ad breaks!

I love watching wimbledon - I'll be glued to it, whenever I'm not at work, for the whole fortnight. I lOVE the red button - can usually skip the analysis drivel from has-beens and actually watch some tennis!
I'm tempted to try to go to the Aegon Tournament at Edgbaston again. YD bought us tickets for our birthdays last year, but it rained nearly all day. I think we saw about half an hour's play in 5 minute bursts. Got a 50% refund though, that we spent on a lovely day out on holiday. You can guarantee that if I spend £60 on tickets, it'll be another wash-out?!

I'll join you on the craft bench. I'm knitting a little baby jumper. It was going to be for the latest great-nephew, but as I only bought the wool a week after he was born and then delayed starting it (too attached to the CBA bench! ), it won't even fit him by the time it's finished. Never mind, I'll enjoy knitting it and donate it to a charity shop.

You going to be wearing bejazzled t-shirts (T-jazzles?) at MMU then, FF? They'll look fab with the rhinestone covered doc martins! 😄