69103members
362986posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Grumpy - yes, I agree, sod the ironing. Ironing just doesn't happen in my house! Hope your appointments go according to YOUR plan.
Highlighted

Green tennis on BBC2 and the red button JCJ. Don't understand freeview as I've got sky but you must be able to get BBC2!! Can you record with freeview? Sorry if I'm being an idiot here, only trying to help.
Think we must break up later than you, by my calculations I've got 6 weeks and 1 day to go. Glad you've got everything sorted for your holiday.
Highlighted

Reason for bikini - it is easier than a one piece to go to the loo!!!
Ultra sound on Thursday, GP tomorrow, so should be sorted for Friday. It is exhausting.....
Feet up, sod the ironing.
Grumpy

Highlighted

My washing machine makes a lot of noise too, and rattles the kitchen so much the stainless steel cutlery drainer dives into the stainless steel sink on the final spin with an enormous CRASH!!
Green tennis - that's the proper sort, but as we only have freeview we can't watch it. Looking forward to Wimbledon. I was tempted to get tickets for Aegon Ladies' at Edgbaston again this year (YD bought some for our birthdays last year - but the day was an almost complete wash out, and we had a 50% refund!) but I thought it'd only make it rain again, so I didn't bother!

YD & GF off on their camping holiday tomorrow - I'm sooo jealous, but then again, it is a bit nippy, at the moment, for sitting in the middle of a field! They only have a week too, so I've no right whatever to be jealous!!

I've just finalised our mega expedition oop North. Booked phase 1 of the holiday: a lovely looking campsite in Austwick, on the edge of the Yorkshire dales. I'll be arriving at MMU either in the car with OH (he will then b***** off back to the tent - he has 2 pubs nearby, and Settle's only 5 mins in the car, so he should be OK! :)) or by train from Clapham (Yorks) about an hour away. SOOO excited! Only 5 weeks and 3 days more school to do first!
Highlighted

My washing machine is working fine! Hope that's not jinxed it.
Seem to be moving between the craft bench and the watching tennis bench, now strange in green and English! Grey sort of day here and now it's raining. Of course it's raining, it's Queens and then Wimbledon - it will rain for three weeks!

Haven't dared wear a bikini since teenage days - go Grumpy, ignore Millie!
Highlighted

My washing machine has taken on a very loud banging noise in sympathy Katyc. We are having my daughters machine when she moves so no point in replacing - it'll be fine (pops in earplugs)
kay x
Highlighted

Tee hee grumpy!!
Small things indeed JCJ including dooby/boobies!
No sunshine to report here..................it's actually a bit chilly.
Still in my happy mode, I love my washing machine!
Two clay things made and painted GD's Sleeping Beauty mine Snow White, she was really pleased, now pride of place on shelf xx

Highlighted

Tried on new bikini - Millie Dog looked horrified and left the room..... oh dear!!!!
Started painting the fences today so have developed a black speckled rash all over my arms and face.
New policy decision - as I seem to have only 2 spoons of energy per day I shall attempt only 2 'activities' each day.
Feet up now
Grumpy

Highlighted

Small things, Katy! 🙂 (I am of course referring to delight at *working* washing machine - not dooby/boobies! ;))

Love your new profile pic!

On the subject of 'small things' - because I have NOTHING that could remotely be described as a 'small thing' I have NEVER been seen anywhere near a bikini - (even someone ELSE wearing one nearby makes me look huge! :))
Highlighted

LALALALA am such a happy bunny!! Washing machine fixed, new door lock fitted, yahoo be dooby/booby xx

Highlighted

A BIKINI????????????????????????? Gee whizz am superly duperly impressed also DO like your attitude, am one of life's ditherers and tend to say thank you even when things are not right will need to buck up cause nobody is going to do it for me (am really mad with my own doc just now and when I see him again will have to tell him didn't like his dismissiveness, one about lymphoedema made me feel stupid to be worrying about it after I sliced my finger and the other about arthritis and stating pompously that we don't have a consultant for osteoarthritis and you just get on with it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) do not go to docs often, perhaps once every 14 months or so soooooooooo how can my questions be so annoying grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I now do have lymphoedema and my foot has twisted so badly with the arthritis I have to have the op. But it's all ok because as he earns his huge salary I can obviously feel reassured by his advice NOT!!!!!!!!!! Whew this has obviously been bothering me hee, hee. Deep breaths and think of other things......................
Jenanne excellent that you are feeling better especially now you have the letter written, def onwards and upwards for you.
Holidays almost organised JCJ!
Still no word about washing machine part!! xx

Highlighted

Prosecco in the woods??? Mmmmmm yes please!
My mum used to make our clothes too, I remember with huge fondness a yellow sundress with tiny puppies printed on it, and a polyester flared trouser suit in beige and brown checks....I was a real trendsetter y'know! The only thing i didn't like was standing on the kitchen table so she could pin my hem up, because I'm not good with heights and when you're 4 that table is miles high.... I've got her patterns now, her sewing machine and her scissors, any dressmaker will tell you how personal these things are 🙂
Highlighted

Grumpy, hold your head high if you can wear a bikini!
ED had the photos from holiday printed. The one in the scifi diner where my head pokes out of the side of the car (was trying to hide) looks worse than on the camera! Oh dear......
i wil (ahem) enter Morcambe sewing in my diary so that I don't double book! My diary is so full with very little these days.
must dash, Prosecco is calling in the Woods
kay x
Highlighted

Evening all, just popping in before Poirot starts.....
Clinic appt on Friday was fun - NOT!!!! They couldn't find my bone scan results, in spite of being done in the same hospital just down the corridor, had to phone my GP 40 miles away to get a copy faxed through. I said I had asked the scan lady to send a copy to the breast clinic, as they had referred me, and she said she would, but no it didn't happen........ and all the time I'm sitting there with me chest out getting a bit cross. Thank goodness I wrote down what the scan lady had told me!!
Any how, it's bone thinning not osteoporosis, so 'we will wait for the next scan to see if you lose any more bone mass and then put you on the drugs' No you won't says I, I don't want any more bone thinning and eventual OP, so gimme the drugs now! Still NO so I told them I shall see my GP this weeks and get him to do something.
The mystery pain in right boob is 'probably' late onset r/t damage so no worries...... how can you be sure of this? says I. Is the pain in the bone? they ask, I dunno says I, I've never had a pain in a bone, only joints and ligaments... so now I am going to have an ultrasound scan to put my mind at rest!!!

JOB DONE - I'm getting very good at putting on the pressure until they take me seriously.
grumpy
PS bought a new bikini for MMU, but (hangs head in shame) had to take the bottoms back for a larger size!!!

Highlighted

Mmmm...lots of cake! See you later
Highlighted

Well done Jenanne for getting that letter done. I *was* going to say something trite about you feeling better now you've got that of your chest but in the circs......? 😉

I'll join you at the BBQ. I'll bring cake.
I've booked phase 3 of our summer hol: cottage in Newton Stewart, Dumfries & Galloway. Not the favourite one on my shortlist but OH happy - (and he's paying for this one!) Can't wait for hol now. 8 weeks to go! Now to find campsite in Lancs/Yorks not to far from a train station. 🙂
Highlighted

Hello All! Haven't posted here for well over a week, but have been reading all the posts... I will definitely be at the Woodies & Benchies BBQ later.
It's not been an easy week for me - had to sort out a formal complaint letter to the hospital, which was tiresome to say the least. I'm sending it off tomorrow to the hospital. I'm glad to get it out of the way. I'm now concentrating on recovering from treatment. It will take some time for me to get over it all, but I've made a start on getting myself physically fitter. Most of all I'm feeling better in myself.
Jen.
Highlighted

Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!
Will jump on the barge!!
Alliburgers, salad, loads of tomato sauce and glitterberry juice.
Have just put my heating on it's freezing here, had around 5 days of sunshine, yesterday being the hottest, how can the weather change so much in one day!
Well done Ali!
Lovely memories of your Mum JCJ xx
PS one clay thing painted, only one more to do before bedtime xx

Highlighted

Just dropped into The Woods and there's a Woodie & Benchie BBQ tonight (prosecco and other calorificly free goodies) if anyone's interested... two finger flag flying..... follow the canal path... you can't miss it...

J xx

Highlighted

Well done Ali! Have some Virtual Victuals of choice to celebrate your Desperate Diet success! 🙂

My mum used to make all our clothes - I remember a bright red crushed velvet suit that my brother had - he was over 6 foot at the time (still is - even more so now!) and VERY skinny! I had 2 sisters as well, so that was a LOT of sewing. Mum made lovely dresses for both my sisters' weddings, but she died before mine so I had to go out and try to buy something. Ended up making a skirt myself, but it wasn't anything like as good. I've always regretted not wearing my sister's dress. It was gorgeous: white with blue ribbons down the skirt, with beads at the bottom, and fitted me well, but I decided it was 'too much' for a registry office wedding. Bad error of judgement, The couple following us had the full works, white, bridesmaids, morning suits, top hats - the lot!! I could have cried. Still, it's only clothes, isn't it? Marriages aren't REALLY about the clothes - or we wouldn't still be married 31 years on! 🙂
OH's crutches are still in the garage (I keep nagging him to return them to the hospital, but wil he? I think he wants them as some kind of insurance against needing them again!) I'll try and fit them in the car with the camping/cottage/hotel packing! 🙂
Anyway, must get on. Lots to do. Didn't get up til after 10.30am. This isn't why I put the computer on!
Highlighted

Morning all, Desperate Diet has resulted in three pounds off , yippee!!!!
Highlighted

Moving and a grooving...............dancing as I hand wash lalalala!
GD today going to be making some sort of clay thing that you have to paint, oh dear!
Grey skies here, no sunshine was just getting used to it all.
My Mum was also very keen on patterns and I remember a coat dress, the most horrid thing ever and it was hairy, cried when I was made to wear it! And a wonderful trouser suit not! Large tartany squares................
Yep crutches for all (apart for Jane) tee hee xx

Highlighted

Jane's easily confused...!!! And as for that pattern! Made me shudder with horror!!!!!!! Not just because I remember wearing things like that (and thinking I was the bees knees) but because I hated (still hate) sewing, but had mum and grandma who thought things should be home made, and I shudder at the sight of the patterns!!! Memories!!!! Ugh!

Strawberries and cream - no excuse needed, but tennis is a must (when Wimbles comes on) don't have Sky, so I've not seen any of the other tennis. Don't have much time either, come to thtat. I watched The Voice yesterday in bits... tidied the main rooms, watched one judges' three contestants. Dusted.. made coffee and watched the next 3... Had lunch and watched thet next 3...hoovered... and watched the last 3.... gardened, made tea and watched the results.. OH was out for the day, so I could do my own thing... and I had a lovely day! He was off selling his wood (see www.wotknots.co.uk)

time for breakfast... it's cold today!

love Jane

Highlighted

Strawberries and cream are compulsory whilst watching tennis and if an odd meringue nest gets broken into the bowl, then that just adds to the enjoyment.......and the waistline!!
No no no no, not wearing that, far too similar to something I once had! I enjoyed my teenage years but thank heavens there are very few photos.
I can't give tips on clever dressing..............I don't know how to do it..............I was just quoting what I've read!

Shall we all go to Morecambe on crutches and confuse Jane? Sorry, my sense of humour is getting quite childish tonight. I've already been " told off" by my son for winding up my grandsons just before their bedtime. Naughty Nanny!!
Highlighted

Thanks for the suggestion, Katytc, from both me and OH: we just had strawberries and cream after our tea! 🙂 I went to the farm shop today and just had to buy some once you put the idea in my head!

I also bought some bedding plants. I don't know how long they'll sit outside the back window before I get around to filling the tubs with them. Said tubs are still full of 'winter flowering' pansies and violas, though, that are looking better now than they have at any time through the winter!

I'm off to the Surfing The Internet bench to find a campsite and a cottage for August! 🙂
Highlighted

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah JCJ, you have just made my day, says she laughing hysterically!!! Soooooooo funny!!
Kay and FF get ready cause you will be inundated with orders, put me down for mustard and cherry red methinks (2 days 2 suits), oh we will look soooo good.
Up to the elbows in hand washing??????? What??????????? and have to SEW YD's new trousers such fun times.
Will just keep looking at dancing pantsuit girl, makes me happy!!! she says wiping the tears from her eyes xx

Highlighted

Hahaha Just seen this and it immediately made me think of MMU. Should be our uniform (get your machines out Kay & FF, and I'll join you - we can add sequins too!)
http://i.imgur.com/qeKLbqy.gif
The dance will be our signature dance - can't you just see the handbags on the floor?! 😉
Highlighted

ES texted last night. He has a pet bat in his new flat! If he leaves the balcony door open it comes in and flies around! ES says it doesn't seem impressed with the lack of soft furnishings - (or any furniture at all really - waiting on Ebay auctiond!
Highlighted

Jelly Bellies of the world unite
come to Morcombe on your bike...

OK, well, maybe not the bike bit.... blast from the past just jumped into my head....

So pleased you'll be able to join us Katy - at least we'll recognise you (the one with the crutches!) Others of us'll be "the gang with the arm sleeves on"... Foxy - relieved you'll leave the tiara and glitter at home...Not sure that Ali won't bring the camels though...

DDs mischevious (tiny) dog loves jiffy bags when they come through the door... the other day I found an ordinary envelope in his bed.... he doesn't usually do that... ONLY my tickets for Morcombe!!! Humph! Close one! Whilst I shall miss my daughter when she moves to Surrey, we won't miss her dog! (Soddit will though)

horrible without a washing machine.... ours died a few months ago - no power to it. We rang the manufacturer to get an engineer, he asked which model it was, what the problem was, told us to slam the door and hey presto! It burst into life! No charge sir...

colder this morning.... have a great weekend..

Highlighted

NO working washing machine, they have to order a part..............good news though managed to get washing out of machine. Will have to go to ED's with washing mmmmmmmmmm, have one of those new fangled washer/driers, so can't do anything, no washing, spinning or drying. I hate not having it and it's only been less than one day??
Are you both having your strawberries and cream while watching the tennis, JCJ and FF??
Good luck with your crafting, will see your efforts at MMU and any tips on clever dressing would be most welcome!
Lovely and sunny again, it's so nice to feel warm sunshine.....no good books have 4 from library but just can't get into them xx

Highlighted

Tennis - WOW indeed just watched the end (I recorded it). What a match!
I'm back on the craft bench, I've really got a bug to create something and the t-shirts are not working out so I've moved on to handbags. Everything is now pinned so tomorrow will be a sewing day. I can sew and watch tennis at the same time......I hope.
Jelly belly - yes ever since first child, Size goes up and down but flabby bits are always there. Lots and lots of flabby bits. Thank goodness I've got to an age where I really don't care anymore! There are more important things and clever dressing hides a multitude of sins.
Highlighted

Katytc, I ask that question myself many a time! I don't know: I pay for him to qualify as a 'leccy then he beggars off to live daan saarth to be a senior estimator in the building trade - so he's not here to fix stuff (except occassionally!) 🙂

Kay, good news on the discharge (ew?!!) from onc. Hope back results are something that can be dealt with without too much pain/agro/hassle.

I was on the tennis bench earlier - Djokavic (sp?) - Nadal match! WOW! Now I'm on the kn***ered bench in my nightie. Have we really only done just one week since the holiday???

Have a good week end everyone. Let's hope the weather holds? xx
Highlighted

Big big steps Kay but all good ones, not too long to wait for scan results, fingers crossed for you xx
Lovely sunny day again though a little windy, have been bearing my arm woo hoo, still a little self concious but just going for it!!
Waiting for washing machine man to come and save the day, cannot get the door open so all the bedding is stuck in there grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Hope it's easily fixed cause don't like the idea of not having a washing machine!
Where's JCJ's son when you need him??? xx

Highlighted

Hi all. Went to see ONC yesterday. Been discharged from her care and passed back to Breast Clinic. No appts until first mammogram in September ( I had appt through for 3 yearly mammogram today, just as well I got some symptoms last August and didnt find out at this mammogram!), so hoping all will be well now,
MRI results at back clinic next Tuesday.
hope all are well. Glad your op date is through Katyc.
last ime I didn't have a jelly belly was 34 years ago, before my first daughter!
hugs to all x
Highlighted

Great news Katy, so glad you will be there. Wouldn't be right without our founder! Hope all goes well and you recover at the speed of light!
Must admit I will be wearing real world clothes at MMU. OTT bling and glitter etc., however much fun, is only for Benchland.
Highlighted

YAY! whoop de booby! So glad you are joining us at MMU. Would be wrong without you! Hope the opp goes to plan and you'll be hopping the light fantastic with us.

Varifocals (BASIL'S?????? WHAT IS THIS MACHINE ON???!) That's the way to go. Shove 'em on face in the morning and leave them there! Only have to swap them for driving or car journeys as transition doesn't work through windscreen. Mind you, a couple of days recently, I've got an hour or so into the morning at school, wondering why I can't see very well - blame the usual suspect: Ta'poxy' fen - then realise I've forgotten to swap varifocal sunglasses for transition ones. DOH!

And, by the way: I've ALWAYS been a jelly belly - just a weeny bit less so recently. 🙂
Highlighted

Operation beginning of JULY, woo hoo so keeping fingers and toes (won't be able to cross toes after op) etc crossed should only have crutches and will def be at MMU, DELIGHTED soooooooooooooo looking forward to meeting you all xx

Highlighted

Well, should have no worries spotting me, you and whoever at MMU, beautiful in Benchland and in the real world. We truly sound an impressive group!! Says she guffawing with laughter.................
Am a little worried about everyone's pants, shorts, trousers etc falling down am I the only "jelly bellier"??
Was thinking of wearing my gold lame pantsuit but have decided against it because you may muddle me with the camels, would def clash.
Yep also need specs cause can't read a thing otherwise, they are tied around my neck cause keep forgetting where I've put them.
Kay have always closed my eyes with the MRI, agree it seems to make it easier, hope your back is ok and you have good results.
RevCat have a wonderful time and so pleased all are ecstatic about YOUR nipple!
JCJ that's a whole lot of holidaying!!
"lalalalala we're sooo pretty, oh so pretty.................." xx

Highlighted

I wish my white would 'grow out' instead of FALLING out! ;-{
Have a good week gadding about RC. Try not to over do it!
Highlighted

Kay, hope all goes Ok with the scan. This is probably trite and stupid, but does closing your eyes help? I remember being warned that the pre-chemo bone scan machine would pass very close to my face (it did) so I closed my eyes and it felt much better.

Yup, joining you on that bench JCJ.... "they aren't REALLY goong to come looking like that are they...?" "What if they do?" "What if I do?" 😄 We are all virtually gorgeous and really beautiful, so it will be fine. Jeans and teehsirt gril, me.

Too kind Jane, I'm sure I am nowhere near the youngest Benchie (sadly) even if my hair is getting browner and browner (more and more brown? increasingly brown? I quite forgot my gramma!!) as the white grows out.

Off south today, back up Sat, back down Sun, fly to warmer climes Monday... feels like life B.C. (before cancer) when i could hurtle around like an idiot 🙂

Have a lovely weekend ladies - back in a week or so.
Highlighted

JCJ. I think, perhaps,maybe there were clues in the descriptions that, for MOST of us, under the virtual tiaratara is a slightly greying/middle-or-older looking person who feels young inside (sorry RevCat , you really ARE young!)

well, that's what I'm hoping....

Highlighted

Ps fingers crossed for your MRI scan, Kay. I hope you get good news which will make the horrid experience worth it! Hugs.x
Highlighted

You know that bench some of is were on a while ago? The What If Nobody Likes Me bench? Well, I've just put another one near it. It's the What If They Actually DO Turn Up In Tiaras And Sparkly Clothes? bench. Two horrendous scenarios keep circling my tired brain:
1) You all arrive dressed like the worst tacky hen party and I'm in my jeans and Cotton Traders (other outdoor shops.......etc) polo shirt and feel I need to run a mile in the opposite direction.
2) I turn up in wacky sparkly outfit and EVERYONE is dressed normally and looks at me like I'm some freak.

You see what happens when the virtual and 'real' worlds get blurred?!:-)

OH just announced (finally!) What he wants to do this summer: A week camping near Morecambe then a week in a cottage up in SW Scotland with the possibility of a few more days camping if we're not ready to return home! SO, I will have 2 days after returning from 5 days camping in Brecon Beacons, with YD, to pack for a camping, cottage AND hotel holiday. OH has absolutely no idea how mind blowing that is. He doesn't realise that the packing is usually very different when we stay in a cottage to when we're spending a fortnight in a field with no electric!! Camping with YD different again because I take my (smaller) car, so we downsize on the camping equipment. And that's not even thinking about what we'll do with the car full of (probably wet) camping stuff while we're in the cottage! Ho hum!
Highlighted

Hi Katyc, got back Monday lunchtime. Have been horizontal with exhaustion since then Lol!
went for an MRI scan today on my lower back because of he continuing pain. It was horrible! So claustrophobic. It hope I don't ever have to repeat it. Get the results at my back clinic next Tuesday.
got ONC tomorroe - Wow have I got an exciting week scheduled this week.
sounds like you will all be pretty spectacular in Morecambe. Think the tiaras will be a dead giveaway on the recognition front.....just my opinion .........
kay x
Highlighted

I shall be the one covered in dog hairs........
With luck I shall be able to SEE properly - New specs - and constantly googling NO, ROOTLING, in my bag for keys, tissues (hay fever) pills, Sun specs, purse, sunscreen, and fiddling with bra straps to keep boobies comfy.
Almost normal then........ I sound rather boring, so I shall wear a twinkly top.
Grumpy

Highlighted

Well of course I am the one who does not know what she looks like anymore! Not quite like profile pic cos hair is less grey and longer, but still overall quite short. Shirt on backwards, obviously, with bit of washing up liquid bottle carefully positioned in the front, probably adorned with tigers eye or truquoise, or maybe both. Will obviously be flying in on my broom from several adventures ago and swooping over unsuspecting passersby.

By then will be just a tattoo away from 'perfection' judging by the way the nurses drooled over my recon with its new nipple this morning!! "Oh it is so natural looking" "oh it is so soft" etc (it's also MINE!).

Off tomorrow and not back for at least 10 days, so have stocked up all the spoons, hankies and calorie free goodies for you. Take care, don't melt in this strange heat we are having, and "keeeeeeeeep laughing!"
Highlighted

I will be wearing an emerald and diamond tiara on my short greying hair, flashing chandelier earrings given to me as a joke by my daughter many moons ago. Specs are either on or off depending on what I want to see! Then there will be an extremely be-jazzled t-shirt with MMU in rhinestones across the front covering uneven boobs with three tattoos, two scars and an awful "dent" where half my boob used to be.
Charity shop jeans possibly also adorned with rhinestones, not decided yet! I will give the knee high tights a miss as I've not worn tights for many years - hate them. Pants? I too used to buy Sloggi but lately I've been thinking "How much????" Those that I have bought from a famous chain store have been fine but you need to buy a size smaller than you think you are.
Handbag? - will need to think about that, don't like them but I might not have enough pockets! I can still dance around an imaginary one though.
Highlighted

I'll join you on the How to Recognise Me at MMU bench, Katy.

I am the one with the sapphire tiara on a mess of grey, straw, long, thinning hair. I, too, am part of the red, hairy face tribe adorned with specs. Also have blue bags under my eyes due to sleeping badly, and creases on my face from my wrinkly Chillow.
Three small tattoos, two fading scars - glued not stitched, so very neat seams! Left boob considerably smaller than right, bra riding chinwards on that side.
Sparkly t-shirt, trousers falling down, creased and probably covered in mud as i'll have come drom a tent in a field. Pants permanently descending to meet knee-highs as I was too mean to buy usual Sloggi ones and bought famous (especially for underwear!) chain store's ones instead. They are either too big or the elastic is decidedly dodgy - not impressed!
Laddered knee-highs. Blue, be-rhinestoned and flashing light doc martins. Rucksack for a handbag - room for all those medicine bottles, lotions, snacks and of course my kindle. Also fab for dancing around and doesn't look like a handbag so it's safer to leave it unattended on the beach when I go for a swim!
I'm sure you'll recognise me.
Highlighted

Are you back from your hols Kay?? xx

Highlighted

Alas Katyc, think you just described most of us!
kay x