69791members
366612posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I've just got in, put on the TV and it's two sets all. I can't watch it either. The last few years I've got superstitious about watching Andy as every time I have done so, he has lost. So I can't watch him or I'll jinx him. So I'm watching my recording of Djokovic.
Strawberries and cream special offer taken up again today.....I shall look like a strawberry soon!

I can't bear to watch....

It's uncomfortable on the tennis bench tonight. It's like watching Henman all over again. Somebody tell Andy he needs to get the ball OVER the net! I'm too tired for this stress!

Where did I put that enormous vat of strawberries?

Hope it went OK today Katy, I've been thinking about you. Hopefully you'll soon be on the mend. x

What a brill party... those alliburgers were scrummy, washed down with glitterberry juice and h-u-g-e- bowl of strawberries. And the dancing round the handbags inflashing shoes etc.... priceless!

All the very best for today Katy... you are probably already there but hope all goes really well... on standby for wheelchair pushing practice ahead of MMU!!

Hugs to all

Good luck Katy, hope it's gentle, smooth and uneventful. Jane, have a well deserved rest....and Jenanne, what an upsetting evening for you, glad they were all ok. Have a glitterberry juice and a slice of cake. Now, off to the shed party...I'm hoping to find a GnT in there. I've been drinking tonic water to try and help the Tam leg cramps, been getting them over night recently. However I've been good and resisted the temptation to add a good slug of gin 😉

Congrats on getting the 6000th post Kay - the shed is lovely! Good luck for tomorrow Katy.
Went for a walk an hour ago and witnessed a car and small motorbike collision. Have only just got back after staying with the motorcyclist. He seemed OK, but was limping on left leg and shaking so ambulance was called. The car came out in front of him from a side road, & luckily neither was going fast - he went up on the bonnet. Glitterberry juice most welcome!!

Oooh, the shed has a pet door! Millie is thrilled to bits......
Rained all day....but weekend looks good.
Grumpy

Hope all goes perfectly......and recovery is smooth..

party time!supermarket all out of strawberries last night :(. Good job there are plenty in the lovely lost plottery shed 🙂

I was called out twice last night... Followed by full day....Exhausted

on the k*****ed bench

zzzzzzzz

Loads of hugs and luck Kaytyc. Be thinking about you x

Good luck, Katy. Fingers and toes crossed all is well and for a swift and uneventful recovery.
Brrrrrr indeed. How can two consecutive days be so different? Maybe it'll be summer again tomorrow..........please??

You'll get through it Katy! Think what you've overcome already! I'll keep everything crossed it all goes well and the outcome is worth it! Look forward to being fit enough for MMU. 🙂

Brrrrrrr! It's cold again tonight but my flushing is suddenly back again. Shiver, drip, shiver, gasp, pant, shiverr-sweat, drip-shiver. PAAAARTY hic!

Party before I go, hey ho ma daddy o, party before I go!
Tiara on, knee highs, onesie and flashing light shoes, ready to dance around my handbag!
CRUNCH DAY (literally) tomorrow, keep your toes crossed for me girls, feeling a little nervous, not about op but afterwards.....................oh dear!
Sooooooooooooo glad we're having a party tonight xx

I'm so excited getting the 6000 post! Will go and get my tiara ready for party (still trying to get paint off hands)
oh we're having a party, la-la-la

Lovely shed, Kay! 🙂 I was watching out for the 6000th post and you got it with shed pic. Neat! Strawberry gateau, alliburgers, spit-roast gator and lashings and lashings of ginger beer and glitterbery juice stocked up for the 6000th post party.

I'm on the tennis bench having just been on the camping bench. I've bought a little set of canvas shelves for YD's birthday, and it arrived today, so I just assembled it to check it was OK before wrapping it for her. She's coming to visit in 10 days - the w.end before her birthday, so I don't have to post it. 🙂 It's made me ready to go on holiday.

Oh WOWEEEEEEE!!! Gorgeous shed and Kay you bagged the 6000th post, party in the shed, party in the shed, woo hoo xx
Am still on the "childhood" bench!

That is so beautiful Kay... love it. And how appropriate that it landed on post numner 6000 (would be more of course if the gremlins/alligators had not vanished a few along the way).

Love the cookies, Katy, they look scrummy. You need to keep that stern look coming... no, not yet... see PS in two weeks anyway, and between now and then have two 'work' trips ('Halfway Town' and Bath) and a dentist appointment, so really cannot be doing with any non-urgent or non-essential stuff. Arm seems smaller again today, so hopeful... will see what tomorrow brings.

Glad the mammo wasn't too ouchy... loving the stories... my hosp does them two-yearly if you have had mx so ages and ages to wait for my next one.

trying to load picture of lost plottery shed...... again!

Tee hee mine didn't mention not breathing, she just told me to stick my bum out a bit!

Glad all ouchy things went well all. I remember it was a lovely Chinese lady that did mine. Most memorable bit was her saying, in a Chinese accent ' don't breathe, don't breathe, don't breathe and......... Breathe'. You do need the Chinese accent for best effect.
k x

Bit ouchy Ali, but it's done!
FF, glad your course went soooooooo well and you knew ALL of the answers, tee hee!
Cookies made woo hoo!!! Nanny ended up with flour all over her and the floor, GD was spotless, so am about to raid our new tardis fridge for yummys...................then sit on the "how can I get so messy??" bench ! xx
PS hope you phoned your BCN RevCat, she says sternly.........

A bit squishy, but not too bad. Was looked after by a no-nonsense sort of lady, she just woman-handled me into position and got on with it, so over and done with in a matter of moments. Wonderful.
Am liking the idea of a walk in tardis fridge for the flushes! And the paper shoes are fab 🙂

An inebriated moose? LOL. And jock o'vich is Scots????

Oooh tardis fridge, so presumably it's big enough inside, despite the small fridge exterior, to actually WALK into when the hot flushes strike?? Loving that! Cool down nicely and grab a calorie-free snack or three at the same time. 🙂

Well done Lisicki. I've enjoyed the view from the tennis bench, tonight, of Serena being made to stagger around the court like an inebriated moose!!

Hope your mammo wasn't too painful, Ali, (my eyes still water at the memory of mine!) and that your results come back "NORMAL" too.

Each time I load the bleeping picture it disappears!
grrrrrrrr.....

Love e newly revamped lost plottery shed! Slipped on some stray marbles though (sadly, they weren't mine). I think I lost the plot of what ou're going to do with your sabbatical, Cat. Other than come to Morecombe!

VERY impressed with the shoes!!

well done Murray! I got home in time to see the end of 2nd set onwards :). Must be depressing having to play jock o'vich...

sorry, I've wandered back to the tennis bench....

xx J

Great shoes, Katy. Done the course, wasn't quite as boring as I thought it might be but very easy. The instructor kept reading out practice questions from what he SAID were past test papers. Gave us all the answers. Then, lo and behold, every single question was on OUR test paper. I think I might have passed. Find out in three weeks. Tea and doughnuts were provided for our break and we were out of there 1/2 hour earlier than stated. Not a bad way to earn overtime!!

Back on the Wimbledon bench - Go Andy - I don't think he'll win but I hope I'm wrong!! Can't face anymore strawberries, please pass me a banana.

Fingers and toes crossed for results Ali - hope it wasn't too painful.

Mammo done. Shattered now! What to cook for tea, hmm........

Tardis fridge, brilliant idea won't need cooler as fridge is soooooooooo big!
GD dispensed back to Mum, taking shoes to show Daddy who is very creative. GD loved them! Cookie making tomorrow, cannot copy and paste from my pictures, drives me crazy so you are not getting the full effect of the dazzling shoes, cookie pic to follow.................
RevCat op is looming therefore will not be able to meet up, flush for me in my absence at least you know which direction to go in for "tasty" food now! Would contact BCN asap about arm, I was lucky and was seen as an urgent, in my area there is a waiting list, so the sooner the better. Enjoy your sabbatical!
Fingers crossed Ali for great results.
Still have the gale force winds here and no sunshine, mmmmmmmmmmmm xx
PS Can't see your pic Kay!

Was toying wih Glitterberry juice (aka Prosecco) cooler as well. Will depend on space!
of course Tardis fridge, is there any other kind in Benchland?
transmat beam is cleverly disguised as cat flap on the right of the door
better paint our shed white again before OH notices.......

Tardis fridge, excellent idea! With some coconut yoghurt in please 🙂
Having one of those days at work, if it can go wrong it will.. And if it shouldn't, it still does. Also got mammogram this afternoon, it's a good job they don't check your blood pressure for that because I'd fail. Spectacularly. 😞

A TARDIS fridge of course - small on the outside HUGE on the inside. Love it! Great colour scheme too, Kay, love the way you have toned in all the different shades. Locating the fridge between the transmat beam and the spoon dispenser - genius!

SMALL fridge????? Get real?!! 🙂

Hi all, please see proposed redesign for Lost plottery shed. Note comfortable chairs for visitors to ponder over where their marbles might be. Intend to put in a tea tray with cups for mugateas and mugalattes to help in the pondering process. Small fridge to hold provisions of lemon and chocolate cakes, strawberries and cream, and raspberries of course!
What do you think?

LOVE the shoes!!:-) But where atre the flashing lights? Lol. I must get on with my work now. Tennis later, after this looooong day, staff meeting after and shopping (strawberries!) on the way home.

Very impressive, Katy. Just wondering, are you free for flushing practice next Tuesday? Will be in 'half way town' for work (well sabbatical study) and could meet up if you fancy it?

Speaking of flushes mine are extra evil at the moment - no idea why, no changes in diet or drugs... maybe my real hormones are up to something?! Also wondering if the dreaded Lynn might be moving in as 'at risk' arm is feeling tighter and I think is bigger than 'good' arm 😞 Will see if it settles (was using it a lot last week) but if not will ring BCN and get referred. Blurry eye still blurry and still waiting for referral to come through. Nipplet looking better every day - nearly all the dead skin has sloughed off now; trimmed stitch tails down a bit to avoid velcro effect. Hope Eminent PS is happy when she sees it in three weeks time!

Seems odd not being in normal work pattern, but nice kind of odd!

Sun shining in Glasgow... yes our schools are off but they return in mid-August so it kind of evens out. If memory serves the first of the English school will close this week (East Mids) but some in NW not until third or even fourth week.

Shoes made woo hoo, only taken about 2 hours!!
Ideas for the MMU, perhaps???? xx

Had to do that recently Jen, you just have to be ruthless with books!
There are really some weird people around..............being wealthy doesn't stop this lady's ignorance, grrrrrrrrrrr!
Enjoy your day LGFB!
Tennis, girls it's back, strawberries and cream ready in shed that is due a makeover courtesy of Kay!
Paint, crayons, paper, sellotape, scissors, no glitter, shoe prep under way, skateboarding over to the "childhood" bench shortly.
PS Soooooooo envious of your sunshine xx

Started off today watching the Stones at Glastonbury on YouTube. I took the kids to Glastonbury twice - wish I could afford to go now! Sorted my clothes out today and got rid of what I won't wear again. Some pairs of jeans nearly brand new, but I lost weight, so will take them to charity shop. Tomorrow I will start cutting down the amount of books I have - it will be hard deciding which ones will have to go!
My son met up with his girlfriend in London a few weeks ago - she comes from Boston, USA, and was touring with her mother & sister. It was the first time for my son to meet GF's mother. Her mother seemed suspicious re. my son's motives for wanting to be with her daughter. She asked after me, and either wasn't listening properly/misunderstood my diagnosis when my son explained it. Apparently son's girlfriend said her mother was even suspicious about whether my son was being truthful about my having BC!
This is all to do with them being a wealthy family - she probably thinks my son is just after his girlfriend's money!! You often find that with people who have plenty - suspicious and controlling. Anyway, as my son & his girlfriend are very keen on each other I may get to meet her mother one day - and then I can tell her all the gory details about my BC!!
Jen

It's been hot and sunny here today. OH in a foul mood because his hay fever is bad. I know it must be miserable so I'm trying to ignore his snarky remarks and stay off the MOHIAB bench!

I've missed the tennis too. It'll be even worse next week. What will we do with ourselves after it finishes? I finally managed to finish planting up all my tubs - better late than never? I gave up waiting for the winter flowering violas to be 'over' and shoved them in the front borders as they were still flowering away merrily in the pot and much too lovely to throw away. They'll either survive or they won't! I couldn't wait any longer or the plants I'd bought to go in the tubs would've died in their little pots!

Scottish schools broken up. Grrr we've still got another 3 weeks, by which time the weather will have broken up too! 😞

Haven't known quite what to do with myself today with no Wimbledon to watch, still, I have caught up on jobs I have neglected in favour of the tennis bench. Back on it tomorrow after a course I have to attend for my job.
The course is "manual handling" and apparently I should have been sent on it when I first got the job. So...........only 5 1/2 years late then!! Four hours of "bend your knees when lifting..." In two of my previous jobs I 've been the Health and Safety officer! I could probably teach the course. Oh well, at least it's four hours overtime.
Good luck with the shoes Katy - summer has been down here today, sunny, hot, gorgeous, grockles everywhere, causing traffic jams and filling our car parks!

Hope you all have a good week.

Jen, you will enjoy it. I went to FGLB in December and enjoyed the meet up with other ladies as much as anything. I felt rubbish at the time and felt a million dollars when I came out. They even had wig stands for us to pop our hair on, whilst we mostly took our wigs off without embarrassment, to apply makeup.
i must admit I have strawberries every day for breakfast. Bit odd I know but I have some 0% fat free Greek yoghurt, strawberries and banana sprinkled with a couple of spoons of sugar free muesli ( or bird seed as my husband calls it).
The grandsons love fruit and always ask for a bowl of fruit as a snack. The eldest dives into the fridge and comes out with loads of fruit for me to chop for them. Cherries are another favourite of mine.
all windows quotes back in and have made a decision on who to go for, w quote was good too so sitting on the 'quietly satisfied' bench today.
have good week all

kay x

A case of the disappearing post again, I saw yours Jane, a little tipsy eh???? You can't blame it on the camels!!
YD has just left.................one enormous suitcase, 5kg hand luggage and huge handbag, her friend one smallish medium suitcase, and here's the betting she's left something behind!!!!!! She's been like this since she was small packing everything including the proverbial sink...................what'll happen when she goes a camping???
Schools are off so have GD for next two days, tomorrow we are making shoes with high heels all out of paper, well think you all know my artistic skills?????? Said to my eldest, her Mum, "she's soooo excited about the shoe making and I am sooooo bad at making things" she burst out laughing, the bin bag costumes have obviously scarred her for life!
Next day we are making cookies, yum yum!
Been gale force winds here today, c'mon summer where are you??xx

Hmmmm - knitted camels?????
Leave it with me.....
grumpy

just a quickie cause I'm late for work... when I did my LGFB, only 3 out of 12 of us were in active treatment. Everyone else had their hair back! Some well and truly. Go for it Jen..!!!
I did invite Gok to Morecombe - no reply!!!!

ttfn
J xx

Is there a LGFB for when your hair's grown back, your eyebrows and lashes and nails are (mostly) back, you're off chemo and rads and surgery BUT the you in the mirror isn't the you you're expecting? I just need someone to tell me how to dress this new me, the one with the wobbly tamoxifen tummy, the identity crisis, the false boob and the tattoos. Or maybe I should just accept that no-one else really notices these things! Where's Gok when you need him, although can you imagine a programme where post-op BC ladies are supposed to model nude (was it two or three years ago when he did that??) it'd be " show me your tittoos" , " oooh your nipple looks good, did it hurt?" and "show me your scars and I'll show you mine"

Good for you Jen....

talking of winning, I went to the village fete thirds afternoon. The school had a bottle tombola stall. As a governor, I felt duty bound to buy a couple of tickets.... Won a bottle of champagne! Very happy Girl!
well done Robson...love strawberries and raspberries... And cream!
so good to have some sunshine today 🙂

Jane, I will definitely go and have a makeover now! Why do some people want to criticize? I would appreciate some makeup advice and a chance to try out some different products now, because of the effect treatment has had on my skin, especially dark circles round eyes. I am pretty good at doing makeup, but going for a makeup session is a way of me making a start to feel better after the physical battering of m/x, chemotherapy, etc.

Well there are some strange folks indeed! How lovely to win something!!
Had a busy day, visitors, then helping YD pack, her hols tomorrow, she was meant to be staying into night but has had a better offer...............
Have had a few people say to me recently "have you been in the sun", my face seems to be permanently red, no, am not flushing at those times...............so what's going on??????????? Oh well another easy way to spot me at the MMU. YD says maybe you're embarrassed and then guffaws with laughter!
Strawberries and cream this week please, am a bit of a raspberry fan too, healthy eating has gone by the by, see what next week brings??
Got my nook finally, after very grumpy me went into shop to see why I had no phonecall, after 3pm and they still hadn't unloaded delivery, steam coming out my ears and face red for a reason, then it magically appeared, so have downloaded 2 library books and 2 free books, am all excited.
Knitted monkey very cute. Yes JCJ doesn't take much to knock you off that tightrope, so glad it was just a change, whew xx

Jane, some people are just plain weird! You weren't taking advantage of cancer, you were using a service which is provided to help! Honestly, some people...
I once won a smurf at my school raffle, made by one of the mums. Very proud of it I was too, even when the neck seam came undone and the stuffing started falling out....well, I was what - 9? 10?
I've recently entered a comp to win a VW campervan (called Jim), now I would LOVE to win Jim! I've got my trip round Europe all planned, it's going to be great 🙂 🙂

I've ordered this book from the book club that comes to school. Looking forward to knitting some of the characters. They're adorable. Gutted there isn't a camel though! 😛

http://cache1.bdcdn.net/assets/images/book/large/9781/8610/9781861086709.jpg