67.8K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Ali_H

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

MMM yippee!!!! Fab news xxx
P***ed camels....you do know they store alcohol in their humps don't you, they'll be pinkled for days...mind you the stairs should keep them entertained 😉
millymolly_m

I can give you all another excuse to raise a glass. Re excision clear margins so Rads meeting can go ahead! Yipeeeeeee! Have a lovely time tomorrow!
MMM x
JCJ

i am sure I can hear the camels rampaging aout on the stairs complaining that this escalator doesn't work!
it's a good job i'm not sharing this double room only 2 teabags -that's not enough for me never mind anyone else!
GIJaneH

The camels jumped off katys walker as we made our way back to the hotel, muttering about midnight feasts... Most of us don't sleep well, so we may as well have,a spiffing adventure.... Personally, I'm pooped..

grumpy

Oh I am ever so excited!!!!!
NDN and kids thrilled to be Millie-minding, poor dog will be frazzled by the time I get home.
Various outfits incl glitter at the ready, depending on weather.
Big shoulder bag sorted and nail polish applied!
See you soon, train gets in about 11.30, May meet other Benchies at Lancaster
Grumpy

Trisha_51

Glad you're having a good time Benchies. Make sure those camels get home safely, p**ssed camels and incoming tides do not mix! Carry on having fun, Pat x
JCJ

We have had our chips in our tiaras. Now on the prom supping ale or otherwise overlooked by Eric Morecambe and two p**sed camels. JCJ, FF, KTC, GIJ, J, RC,. We have sat on a lot of benches but resisted the temptation to label any of them! 🙂

JCJ

Sitting at completely deserted Clapham Railway station (yorks) hopefully on the correct side of track! Train due in half an hour. Just long enough to post this?! Hope my smartish denim skirt and cotton top have survived being packed since Thursday! Looks like I may be only one not in black trousers? No tiara either - I think a sheep on my campsite stole it! I saw something glittering on the hillside in the starlight, last night, when it finally stopped raining!!Soon, Benchies, soon!! 🙂
Zuleika

Have fun
RevCat

Rev Cat and camels are leaving the building... see you later without any alligators!!
Ali_H

Lol Jane I was reading your list waiting for 'clean knickers, check' to appear!
Have fun my lovelies, if anyone wants a glass of sparkly with their tea use me as an excuse because if I was going (sniff) I'd have one (cost permitting of course). Katytc I can picture you now, fabulous dahling.....fabulous!!!!
Now, has everyone got their meds? Got their purse? Tickets? Mobile phone? Clean knickers? Have you nipped for a LMW (last minute wee) ? Ok, you're all set!!!! 🙂
GIJaneH

tickets check
phone numbers check
pjs check
trousers check
tiara check
bling check
chargers check
jumpers uncheck
nervous anticipation check
excitement check
heavy case double check
books check

Right then, that's me sorted. What do you mean no knickers??!?!!?!!

katytc

Oh the virtual MMU's are soooooooooo lucky, cakes look gorgeous, yum yum!
Almost packed just need to put in this morning's stuff, woo hoo!
All doors in house kept open (just in case), this is the second time it's happened YD's room last year and living room yesterday, door lock man coming back on Fri to check all doors, do not want it to happen again!!!
Absolutely beautiful morning not a cloud in the sky, hopefully Morecambe will be the same................
Ali will look after Dink to the best of my ability, please don't worry. Am going to be standing with chariot on top of dink's back, everything will be ok. Tiara will be worn at all times. Virtual ones in the shed.
See you in about 9 hours xx

RevCat

Oh shucks, could have left some plain! Never thought of that. Whatever works for you is fine by me, Jane.

Benedictus, of course the virtual ones taste better than the real ones - goes without saying!!

Backpack packed all bar meds, cos need them tonight and tomorrow morning, and phones cos they are charging. Big knot in neck to remind my to pick up train tickets before setting off!! Hump and Dink sent to bed for an early night - drinking their hot choc and being read bedtime story by RevCat's cat.
GIJaneH

JUST back from Londinium. Shattered! Need to think about clothes....

Cakes look amazing! You won't mind if I scrape the icing off and give it to someone else, will you RevCat???? how DO you find the time! Talented bunny... Bunny on camel... conjures up a good image!

see you tomorrow.. article on the BBC online news talks about The Midland Hotel as the ONLY thing Morecombe has going for it!!!! They didn't know we were coming!

foxyferret

Oops, sorry benedictus. As they looked too good to eat I haven't had any.

And why am I still here when I've got packing to do? Last minute Lil, living up to my name again but I have started, honest! Nothing's gone in the rucksack yet but items have been assembled together.
benedictus

Hey foxyferret! Hands off! They're the virtual cup cakes for those of us left to guard Benchland from marauders. I'm sure Revcat will have some others for you (surely they can't taste as nice as these do though ). Thank you Revcat so much. Absolutely delish x

foxyferret

Oh just WOW Revcat, they look absolutely delicious. I am totally impressed.
And why am I here when I ought to be busy packing?
RevCat

OK ladies, here are the virtual cupcakes for the virtual MMU

All made with 'not too much icing'....
vanilla pink ribbon cupcakes
triple choc cupcakes
lemon drizzle cupcakes with homemade candied lemon on the top! (am impressed with myself for doing the candied lemon bits)
Virtual cupcakes have no calories, are not tasteless due to chemo-mouth and can change flavour if you fancy something else.
Enjoy!
Ali_H

Oh dear Katy are you rescued yet?? And camel racing, yup- they'll be up for that, I can see it now, Revcat hanging on for dear life on Hump, urging him on with promises of candy floss and glitterberry juice.....Katytc flashing her rhinestone topped knee-highs on Dink, casting glitter as she goes...should be fun!
katytc

Am FREE!! So behind now with everything! Mad rush to get organised!
Kay, have a lovely birthday and surprise woo hoo!!
Jenanne wearing thongs???????? Oh my!
Fingers to be crooked around 4pm on the 7th, synchronising is a must virtual and real!
Thanks to everyone else for the good wishes, have fun here!
Will see you tomorrow girls she says nervously excited, yahoo be dooby/booby must not fall over wearing my knee highs! Chariot at the ready xx

Zuleika

Hello ladies, wishing you all a wonderful time in sunny Lancs. I'll raise my cup of decaf green tea in the afternoon,to you all. Hope you all laugh much
xx
JCJ

Finally got a decent signal. P***ing it down here (only 26 miles E of Morecambe) not cold though and forecast supposed to be better tomorrow. Going to look at Ingleton waterfalls now should be spectacular. Arrgghh posting on this phone is a F nightmare!
Kayteeb53

Have a fabulous time all of you. Suggest taking your crystal encrusted turquoise Dr Martins in case of bad weather.
so much gorgeousness! Food, ladies and camels! Is Morecambe ready for this?
be your fabulous selves and have a wonderful time
kay x
katytc

DISASTER!!! GD and me are stuck in the living room, have all the windows open and door slammed shut, lock is jammed and no one can come until 4.30 pm!
Can't climb through the window because of foot!!! Can't believe it?????????
More of that "lucky white heather" perhaps??? I'm fed up of all of this!
Where are the camels??? xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I'd better get going...haven't packed a thing yet! Sun's just come out here, so I'm off to town to buy a few thongs I'll need to bring with me. That should be 'things' not 'thongs'!
grumpy

Yes it is raining in Cumbria at the moment, but do not be disheartened..... it WILL pass over for the MMU, promise!
The posh tea is apparently VERY good according to friends who have sampled it - we probably won't need more than a bag of chips on the prom for supper.
Thanks for list of mob numbers: I DO have a mob but a) it's never switched on and b) I don't remember the number: I just keep it for a secuirity blanket when travelling on my own.
If I can join the TUesday Girls I'll ring someone's mobile, otherwise see you at the hotel/ Eric Morecambe statue on Wed.
Now then, where's the brolly? do I need wellies? or overkeks? No, of course not!!!
a very excited grumpy who's not at all grumpy now!

supertrouper

Just checked the weather forecast for Wednesday and there is a 10% chance of rain, partly cloudy with temperatures a reasonable 20 degrees.

Also googled "camels in Morecambe" and notice that Morcambe cricket club were advertising a camel racing night. Word gets around quickly doesn't it!!

benedictus

Have a wonderful wonderful time at the MMU! Should we have a synchronised crooking of little fingers as the grand tea gets underway? And don't you dare come back without some seriously funny stories to tell us xxx

Tuppence

Wishing the travelling benchies a wonderful holiday! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. I hope there will be other meet ups in the future as I would love to join in.
Tup x
Ali_H

Ladies, have a fabulous time at the MMU! So sorry to not be there (sniff) so regular updates on here please.... Enjoy the afternoon tea, a treat every now and then is good for you!
Sorry the camels have been causing mayhem.....glad they've arrived ok, make sure they remember their manners and carry your bags (and you, if you like). And I'm sure they'll love giving rides on the beach 🙂
RevCat

Okey cokey, list of mobile numbers is now hidden in the Lost Plottery Shed next to the Tardis Fridge and opposite the transmat beam. It is weighted down with a thwacking lade should not blow away.

Hump and Dink arrived safely in Glasgow (why did they leave the train and decide to stoll up the M6/M74/M8?) and are now tucking in to a hearty breakfeast of cake sprinkles washed down with lashings of glitterberry juice. Ali, they are missing you already.

Busy baking and packing day plus ironing and housework... just got to get those camels to town on time tomorrow to meet Katy and her tri-wheel chariot!

Go camels, go!!!
katytc

Hee hee Trisha!
Jane have a lovely day!
Milly, hope you are doing ok, big hugs xx
Camels seem to be causing lots of bother, expecting mine to arrive before 10.30 tomorrow morning, sooooooooo will be galloping towards Glasgow if all goes to plan!
Can't believe after all the planning it's almost upon us, toiletries packed, tiaras, knee highs and camera ready to go in bag, now what will I wear?????????? xx

grumpy

So it was the camels causing the traffic holdups.........
Grumpy

millymolly_m

Have a lovely meet up girls. Cant wait to hear all your stories. Wish I was joining you.
MMM x
GIJaneH

ST my daughters tea tomorrow at f&m is nearly £50!!!! Can't afford for her dad to come too! Glad we got train tickets early, they're a whole lot more expensive now....

camels have been sighted hitching a lift and causing mayhem with motorists "rubber knecking" oh dear.....

grumpy

Well back home, 3 loads of washing done, Millie dog gone to bed exhausted, slumped on sofa watching Father Ted.
More excitement to come at MMU......
Will call you on mobiles once my head is straight again after HORRENDOUS drive - torrential rain, several hours of traffic jams on motorways ext etc.
Grumpy

Lols

Girls just popping in to say have the bestest time ever in morecambe, if the camels turn up get them to earn there keep its been years since there were donkeys on the bay and there's no fairground now, so they could saddle up and charge to go up and down the bay and its a looooooong prom!!! Enjoy your time together eat, drink and most important laugh xxx dont forget Lancaster and heysham quite pretty with good history xx
GIJaneH

I've looked at weather forecast and taken out the dress and most t shirts and put in jumper/long sleeved tops & thermal vest!
pass my no on Cat...

as I'm out all day tomorrow, I've put things out ready... black trousers & bright top seems to be the uniform! Me too!
p. Wonder how the camels are doing?

foxyferret

Sending my mobile number is ok with me.
I too will be wearing black trousers and some sort of top, not yet decided upon. Wanted to wear my navy blue trousers but the half stone I've put on has put paid to that idea as they don't fit! They will do up (just) but the look of them is not good. thankfully I possess trousers in several sizes. Just read that back and it won't be a sort of top, it will be a proper top. I will be fully dressed!

Made a case today to put the camera in and now must get on with making a list of things to bring with me. Can't do anything without a list and would forget important items.
Ali_H

ST the camels love chocolate eclairs, just don't let them have any coffee, they get excited enough without caffeine 😉
Guest user
Not applicable

Rev - sharing mobile no. is OK with me.
Eric Morecambe statue Noon Wed. also OK. I am staying in a B&B on the seafront, at the other end of Marine Road i.e. Travelodge...seafront...statue....seafront...B&B! On Tuesday after arrival at B&B I will ring mobiles to arrange where to meet.
I will probably wear black trousers and (ditto SJ) colourful top to Afternoon Tea.
Katy, I'm not bothering with coat/jacket - will pack lightweight plastic mac + umbrella just in case.
Trisha_51

Re Helicopter Heros rescuing soggy Benchies. As they hail from God's Own County I don't think H Heros venture over to the Dark Side very often, and certainly not so deep into the Land of Dragons. So you'll have to be extra careful on that beach!!
supertrouper

Feel free to pass my mob number on to the others Revcat.

Just had a look at the Midland Hotel Afternoon tea - is it really £16.50 per person? I better bring some more money with me. Do we have to share with the camels or can we tie them up outside. I don't "do" dresses but can manage white linen trousers and a colourful top - tiara is already in the bag.

The Midland Traditional Afternoon Tea £16.50
A selection of finger sandwiches: oak smoked salmon and caper mayonnaise,
honey roast ham, free range egg mayonnaise & watercress and cucumber &
cream cheese. Fruit and plain scones with fruit preserve and clotted cream,
chocolate éclair, glazed seasonal fruit tart, a light sponge cake and a pot of
premium tea or cafetière of fresh coffee.

katytc

Hee hee a "true" Benchlander indeed Jane!
No probs sharing number RevCat, we had gale force winds yesterday actually felt quite chilly, dull and grey today!
Will do packing tomorrow am popping in a DRESS, it's very casual, so if it's not all wrinkled by the time I get there will wear it for Afternoon Tea. It's not a "posh" frock!
Keeping fingers crossed that the weather is good cause adding a coat etc is a bit of a nuisance, will need the trunk??
Ate a huge curry last night, delivered to the door was soooooooo yummy!! xx
The Dame is snotty???????? xx

RevCat

Ali can't come 😞 but has sent Hump and Dink on a train north and entrusted them to myself and Katy (how foolish is she!) and we will ride them along the prom so be warned!!

Will PM my mob number to Grumpy (think I have sent it to all other MMU folk). I COULD text all the number on but my mob is so promitive it'd take me a week!

As most (but not all) arriving on Tuesday are staying at TL is that a good place to gather? Apart from that, we have Grumpy's excellent suggestion of Eric Morecambe at noon on Wednesday! Anyone got any cat herding experience...?!!! 😉
GIJaneH

If folk are concerned about internet security, you could text numbers..... Won't help Grumpy though! I have no idea how I'd manage without a mobile phone now... or how I got myself out of scrapes BM (Before Mobiles)...

I've lost track along the way (what's new?) - if Ali isn't coming, whose going to be responsible for Hump & Dink? Or is Ali just not on the list, or am I just confused?

RevCat

Hee hee, Hane, what a wag you are! 😄

Big thank you to all who have PMed me mob numbers. I just want to check whether or not you are OK with making a list of them and sending the list via PM to the MMU-Benchies. I have numbers from:

JCJ
Foxy Ferret
Jenanne
Super Trouper
Jane
Katy
Rev Cat (strangely!!)

Grumpy doe snot do mobs, but has asked for number(s)

Grand plan is to PM list to each tomorrow, and to PM my number to anyone who prefers not to share theirs more widely (online safety and all that).

AFter loads of rain we have sun in Glasgow today - whoopity whoop.
Getting excited now about MMU 'we'll coming round the moutnain/up the motorway/on the trains when we come..."
GIJaneH

tee hee... website doesn't say, so I sent them an email asking and signed it "Jane Benchland" !!!

GIJaneH

I had a dream last night....

a sub-group of Benchies had met (no reason given in the dream) and we were reporting back to the main group as to how the meet up had gone. My daughter was in the sub-group (for some reason, probably having seen her yesterday), and we described how good it was (tick) and how some of us had sat and knitted virtual chickens!!!!! what the ? I woke up at that point...

Taking DD to Fortnum & Masons tomorrow for afternoon tea for her birthday.... had a call from them Friday to "confirm the booking " (remind me) and ask if I knew the dress code. I said yes, so the woman said "so that is..." or words to that effect. "Smart". She then reeled off the no trainers, no jeans, no sportswear, no shorts or sandals for men, no holiday wear... Must look up our venue!!!!!!

see you soon, virtually or really!