71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

foxyferret

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

In spite of all good intentions to read thoroughly and get back online last night, visitors turned up and put paid to those plans.  

No, not invisible..... Do without you all?  Impossible!!!!  S**t happened?  Well.... only that I threw tea over the laptop, nothing else.  I have got away with tea and laptop in close proximity for years.  Grandsons were using the laptop at the time and needed help so I stepped over, tripped and tea went flying (youngest grandson got quite wet as well but luckily it was not too hot).  Upside is now I've got a lovely new laptop with no missing letters and it's much much faster than the old one.  Downside is trying to persuade the insurance company that I didn't do it deliberately!!

Weather beautiful down here, got all the washing dry.  It's really only rained at night, we've had a lovely week albeit cooler.

It is soooooo good to be back.....and a party to prepare for next weekend....yay....now, where did  put that tiara......?

GIJaneH

three score years on Friday... EEEK!!!!!  Where did THAT go?????Woman SurprisedMan SurprisedSmiley SurprisedCat Surprised

I found out how to work the icons, in case you haven't guessed!

Pager's gone off 3 times... but not needed to go in so far... Yipeee!

katytc

Sounds sooooooooooo busy, Jane but all happy thingsWoman Happy! What's a Noughty birthday???  We will have to celebrate your birthday in Benchland tooWoman Happy!

Have tidied up, been to supermarket, done the washing woo hoo so am going to have some ssssh time, read book for a while with feet upWoman Happy!

Foot is ok, it's all healed nicely, scar etc, can wear a couple of different pairs of shoes, not too comfortable walking yet...............Woman Frustratedxx

GIJaneH

Welcome back Foxy!  Shame about the laptop.....  drinking tea whilst reading these threads IS dangerous!

How's the foot Katy?

Revcat - how're you doing?

I survived the not-quite-heated-through chicken the other night!

Got to tidy the house this weekend - it'll be full next weekend - family coming to celebrate my Noughty Birthday....  different house-full the following weekend....  and only three days to work next week!  Woo hoo!

keep warm....

love Jane x

katytc

yahoo be dooby/booby FF, so glad to see you back!!! Bad about the laptop but you have a new one woo hoo!!

Thank you JCJ will have a look, just want simple and tasty yum, yum!! 

Yes it is addictive...................big party soon for 7000 post, will be in the new holiday home xx

JCJ

Yay!! Glad you're OK FF!! 😄  Was worried that a) you were still invisible, or b) you didn't need us any more, or c) something sh*t had happened that you didn't want to/couldn't share!!

Yes I did miss you - as you will see by my "PSSST anyone seen FF?" post a few days ago!

Not only is Benchland addictive but you are trapped here for life, or other Benchies will worry unduly? 😛

I'm away to get my chippies........ before I try to eat THIS website!Smiley LOL

foxyferret

Helloooooo  I'm back.  Have you missed me?  Perhaps don't answer that, I might get upset!  So where have I been you might wonder?  

Let me answer that by saying that it was NOT a good idea to spill a mugatea  over my laptop.  This resulted in total death of said laptop.  I have had to buy another one but I am now up and running again and mugsatea will be kept strictly away in future.

Have not yet read the last pages properly, just skimmed but it seems to be tales of woe for some.  Briefly - great news for you ST - hope you enjoy your holiday.  RevCat I hope you are feeling better and that the BP starts to behave.  JCJ - hope your OH gets good news.

Will read properly and will be back later.  I have really missed you,  Benchland is totally addictive!

JCJ

Forgot to say CH280 - give your tooth a few days before you decide that it hasn't been fixed. It will be very sore if the dentist has been digging out a bit of old root - not to mention the infection which will take time to go completely?!  Fingers crossed it feels better in a few days and that's all you have to have done! 

JCJ

This looks yummy and fairly simple? I'm sure you could swap the mozarella for any other cheese and the ham for bacon?  I haven't done it myself yet but BBC good food recipes usually work out OK!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3652/stuffed-chicken-breast

Talking of food: I was working on the school website just before lunch today, and the banner across the opening page saying: "In under 5 minutes, you can have a professional looking, self-editable website up and running" came up. I was so hungry I read it as professional looking EDIBLE website! Mmmmmm! Yummy! Must make sure I include lots of pics of cake and chocolate??! 

katytc

Me again, can anyone help with a very SIMPLE recipe for stuffed chicken breasts? 

Like bacon, cheese, tomatoes not olives or pesto.

Many thanks xx

katytc

Haha, Kay, thought you were getting ALL healthy on usWoman Wink!!!

C, hope this now does the trick, toothache pain is just awful xx

katytc

Fabulously, wonderful news super, duper, supertrouperWoman Happy Have a brilliant holiday now!!

Hurrah JCJ, room sounds as though it will all be ready just in time!!

RevCat just let me know where and whenWoman Happy have been flushing crazily especially during the night which makes sleep interesting????????? NOT!  So will be on good form, hope BP starts behaving.

Ben hope you are out of the tunnel, apple juice and cake in the holiday home just past the shed.

Just slurping a muggatea then will have to start tidying up.................................if I can get off the "CBA" bench xx

Kayteeb53

Katyc, we need the juice machine for Revcats beet root juice ( and for th peach juice to add to the Prosecco)
ST, SUCH good news, and grateful to uncross limbs. Have a fabulous holiday, I love the Greek islands,.
Benedictus , hope things work out soon. Ch280, tooth sounds ouchy , take care.
Revcat, hope they appreciate you have 'white coat syndrome'. And don't delay because of it.
Ali, good luck with finding the camels, perhaps they are having a holiday too. Can you imagine the conversations with other camels about their lives in Benchland !

Hi everyone else (waves)
Hav a good weekend all x
ch280

Hope your bp is now behaving itself, revcat.  I really do not like the sound of beetroot juice!

What wonderful news for you, super trouper - now you can enjoy your holiday even more.

My tooth is still there  - the dentist discovered a stray bit of root left from a Tooth extracted many years ago in the gum next to the tooth he thought he was going to root fill, which he thought was infected from its appearance on xray, so he dug that out to see if my problems would then ho with it.  I was hopeful  when it was done but I am aching , no hurting, again this morning so it may still need the root canal work , but I hope not.    Off to take another painkiller now !

GIJaneH

Fantastically super duper super trouper...what a relief! (As is un crossing limbs, as you rightly point out Benedictus)

RevCat, I still can't believe the beet root JUICE. Yuk! No wonder y our bp is up!! We picked a load of eating apples and friends made juice from them, now that WAS yummy.

Chicken Curry wasn't quite reheated when I ate it tonight, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

JCJ

Thank **** for that. Yahoo! Wonderful news ST!! That's stress you could have SO done without?! But you wouldn't be as over-the-moon-happy now if you'd not had that worry. That's one way of looking at it? Enjoy your well earned holiday!

Hope you're having a good time in France, Ali? Found the camels yet? I think I might know where they are..... Colleague was singing something about midnight at the oasis and taking camels to bed!! Sounds a bit perveted to me, but if there's an oasis anywhere about, I suggest you look there! 😛

Stress is the worst thing for BP, Cat, (and you've definitely had a lot to cope with recently?!) so don't panic, try to keep calm, I expect it'll sort itself out.

YD coming for weekend and we're still awaiting delivery of the new bed for the newly decorated guest room. I thought she was going to have to use one of the camping air beds, but the bed shop has just rung to say they can deliver on Sat morning. YD arriving 11am Sat! This has made me ridiculously happy! 🙂 Just wish the lampshade will arrive in time too. 

RevCat

Super duper Super Trouper!  I am a tad surprised they did not note the mole BEFORE they did the mammo - my lot always ask (well the one where i was dx and the once since my mx) if Ihave scars or moles as they show up on the mammograms.  Anyway ♫ 'run for the sun happy one' ♫

Benedcitus hope you escape from the tunnel soon sounds very yucky.

Alas BP still up today - better but not right - so GP nurse had to phone hospital.  She laid it on a bit thick that all the rechecking was stressing me and that it's normally fine.  Now I have to wait to see if they will let me go ahead... and it wasn't even damgerously high 😞  So busy drinking decaf and detox stuff as well as beetroot juice, cider vinegar, celery, garlic and a million other quack remedies which at least involve healthy eating!!  The Mozart didn't work... or any other classical music.  Meditation, breathing exercises, nah, nadda.  Will keep you posted!

Glad you got a butter-free bacon buttie Katy, phewee could have been very nasty.  Must arrange an All-Scotland flushing rehearsal some time soon 🙂

best wishes to all - bananas, red berries, and other healthy snacks in the Lost Plottery Shed Cat Happy

benedictus

PHEW!!!!! I think we've all been keeping absolutely everything crossed for good news, so it's something of a relief that we can now uncross contorted limbs.  Was getting rather painful.  Have a super duper trouper holiday xx

Been keeping an eye on the Revcat news.  Glad that some things have gone swimmingly.  Now need to cross everything again that forthcoming events proceed according to plan. 

I've been stuck in a tunnel for a bit, but hoping that clinic tomorrow will expedite things a little

Hope all other Benchies are enjoying this late summer sunshine (only just made its presence felt here, but welcome nonetheless) 

supertrouper

Hello again - if you are wondering where I have been - I've been sitting in the lost plottery shed worrying myself stupid about the re-call from the mammogram.  Went for my ultrasound scan with hubby - who had to sit outside.   I came skipping out with a huge smile on my face.  The mammogram had picked up on a mole that I have had for absolutely ages.  Breast tissue is perfectly okay.  I am now busy packing for our two week holiday in Skiathos whilst singing to myself.

Talking of replacement boobs, I asked for (and was given) a swimming prosthesis - much lighter to wear.  I have a new silicoln shell on order but it hasn't arrived in time for my jollies so I will take the swimming boob and my softie.  Also taking three sleeves although I do hope that I don't have to wear them all the time.

RevCat - hope your BP is coming down.  Mine always shoots up when I have to have it tested (white coat syndrome) but I know it's okay as I had a debridement operation without anaesthetic and I was hooked up to the BP machine and it didn't change.

Bye for now - back in two weeks (unless I do a Shirley Valentine  tee hee)

katytc

Woo hoo Jane, excellent news, you will be walking with a bounce in your step, still covet those shoes, hee hee!!!

Pretty nice day today, quite warm seemingly lots of rain later!

Pet hate; when an author introduces so many characters by chapter 4 you have no idea who is who? and you have to keep referring backwards..........

Off to have a muggachoc, some cheese and toast and may manage to sneak a little bar of choc, yum yum xx

PS Healthy fruit juice machine????? WHAT?????????xx

GIJaneH

Smiley Tongue  Ohh... thanks Katy ... I've gone on to the proper page and they work! Cat LOL

I am on the Excited Bench.  I've got a new boob!!!!  Smaller and lighter than the socking great thing I was originally given... tried convincing the lady that the Been-A-Boobs were great (and cheaper) but she has it in her head that they hurt (???????)  Most comfy thing I've found, but apparently I shouldn't wear the one I was prescribed 2 years ago for long, because of my lymphoedema - so I take it off after a couple of hours??  really???  Nowt so queer as folk....

Mozard sounds good Catriona.....  How are you doing now? 

Hope your foot recovers from your adventures  Katytc.....  bacon roll sounds tempting....

Nothing defrosted for tea tonight - might trundle over to the pub.....

katytc

Back from that very friendly city where the RevCat resides, all went well had a bacon roll and remembered in the nick of time to say "no butter or marg please" woo hoo. Am on the last dregs of washing now, thank goodness nearly everything back in place. Did not take my chariot cause was too late to book assistance so just had elbow crutch was only going from station to hotel and vice a versa managed fine but was a bit ouchy at night, mmmmmm, will stick with the chariot from now onSmiley Frustrated!!

Jane cannot get smileys to work from bookmark page but work fine if you go to proper page!

RevCat deep breaths and calm doon as the say here, don't have any constructive advice unfortunately, you have gone through a lot in the last couple of weeks maybe all to do with that? Now no showing the congregation on Sun your new and fabulous tittooWoman Wink!

OOOOOOOOOH a Benchland holiday home...............sounds lovely!!

ST hope you are ok xx

RevCat

Thanks JCJ - I went through the list of things to lower blood pressure and most of them I already do/am. I never use salt but have been eating ready meals whilst i've been icky, so maybe that's part of it?

I did find some eviodence to suggest the antibiotics I'm on can cause hypertension and finish them up today so hopefully will be out of my system fairly soon thereafter.

Still high according to my home  BP monitor today - but everytime I decide to check it I get tense now!  One friend suggested fifteen mins listening to Mozart... worth a go!

JCJ

Jane, smiley things open right at the bottom of the page. I have to scroll down to find them in their little window.Smiley Wink Be careful with those pirates!! Oh! You said pilates! Smiley Tongue

RC, I hope your BP comes down. ES & OH both got their BP down by cutting right back on salt and replacing it with lo salt - which actually helps lower BP. However, it took more than a few days!

GIJaneH

RevCat that's not good.....  keep on keeping calm.....  deep breathing.....    beetroot JUICE?  REALLY?????  euwwww!

Glad the tittoo is good - you'll have to show it off!!!!!!

Hpe everyone else is OK...

can't get the smiley faces to work now... you guys obviously can - what am I doing wrong?  Click on it and nowt happens...

spoons and hugs where needed...

Jane-who's-off-to-Pilates-with- stiff-arm-and-not-sure-I-should-be-going...

RevCat

How about a Dawn French style chocolate fountain (calorie and additive free of course) ans lots of scrummy things on sticks to dip into it.Cat Very Happy

So BP still too high Cat Sad have to go back on Thursday to get it re-checked... in the meantime no caffeine and lots of beetroot juice or chamomile tea as these are meant to help...

Grand unveiling of tittoo - wow!  Even in its battered ealry stage it's amazing and am sure in a week or so it will be fab-u-lous.  Good to get to the end of THAT journey Cat Happy

Thinking of all who have a tough time just now... off to meditate and practice breathing exercises and generally force my BP to behave!!

Kayteeb53

Ooh thAt would upset Ali's camels! Think we hold have a juice machine that automatically prepares and selects the best fruit and vegetables to make healthy and tasty juice drinks ( that's the healthy bit), a large chilled mattress to ly on when needed. Ice machine and one of those champagne fridges that Patsy used to have in AbFab.
Kay x
Guest user
Not applicable

Also in the holiday home, some reclining massage chairs to ease all the aches & pains, and pretty fans - feather and lace ones - to cool the hot flushes.

JCJ

Kay, I read that as camel COVERED worktops!! tee hee 😄   Toaster, kettle, food processor, tea, coffee, sugar & biscuit caddies all camel shaped? Lol

JCJ

Obviously, the tardis fridge would need to be in the holiday home - with edible and drinkable contents of course!

We'd need a sun terrace - where it's ALWAYS sunny but never too hot - probably overlooking the sea, mountains and/or a river - with gentle breezes, and shade to protect our radiated bits.

A huge shelf of assorted books and multitudinous electric sockets for kindle/ereader/phone/laptop charging. Oh, and fast FREE WIFI inevitably! 🙂

Did I mention CAKE?

grumpy

What about a holiday home in Benchland???? For those days when we need to leave the c### behind?

We could design it ourselves, so it suits our particular needs.

Suggestions:

Pet door large enough for camels and small tiara-wearing dogs

Rhinestone trimmed soft furnishings

Automatic blanket machines

Personalised temperature regulation appliances

And of course ladles, spoons and lacey hankies everywhere

Now what else.....

Grumpy

katytc

Sooooooo glad all went well RevCat, hopefully tittoo wil be fabulous!!

Kay, kitchen sounds lovely, perhaps we should extend the shed and have a Benchland Kitchen, rhinestones and all!!

Ali, wonderful that you have managed to get away, woo hoo!! Would it be possible for you and the camels to learn the can can so we can include it in our next production??? xx

Ali_H

Bonjour Benchies! Have managed to sneak past the barriers blocking our hols (work, in laws, that sort of thing ) and am now in soggy France for a couple of days. Bliss. Can't find the camels though....
Ok... Anyone for a chocolate macaron? Pain au chocolat? Nice bit of cheese??? I've got wifi for about half an hour so speak up quickly 🙂
Kayteeb53

Oh my goodness. Major problems in Benchland! Huge hugs to all you Benchies that are having problems. ST , stay optimistic , fingers crossed all be ok for you. Revcat, glad Tiittoo went well and hope all be well for next round of procedures. Benedictus, hope horse pills did the trick and chemo starts as expected. Ali, does the same rules apply for anastrozole ? I also get all over prickles a the start of a flush, does anyone else get this?
Katy so glad foot no longer painful! MMM, poor you, hard to do much without your hands isn't it?
JCJ, what a worry about OH, so hope test results are good for you both.
GIJane , thanks for veg! Yum,
Ch280, hang onto tooth for as long as you can!
Hi Grumpy, glad Millie is ok. Nothing like a good slime trail from your dog. My Labrador is very good at it.

Trying to sort out colour scheme for new kitchen. I'm not very adventurous. Units will be cream in a shaker design. I am thinking grey and cream tiles with dark grey floor tiles. Thinking if I keep it neutral then I can change the look with accessories. Now if I was doing it Benchland stylee I would be fine. Swarovski crystals.down the edge of turquoise units. Vibrant pink floor and camel coloured work tops. For some reason OH not keen......
Take care and hugs for all
K x
RevCat

Thank you everyone for the spoons and good wishes.... am much better now, though still not quite up to my usual energy levels.  AFter leaving home at 10:45 to start my round of hospitals I am just in and very tired (plus had to chuck a bloodied blouse into the washer!).  Pre-op went fine e except my BP is allergic to hospitals with digital things and refused to cooperate, so have to get it checked at GP tomorrow.... For all that the ECG was fine so hopefully all will go ahead.  Tittoo done and covered in a dressing so will be 24 hours before I get to see it - this is the cause of the stains worthy of a major wound on my blouse.... Thankfully did not stop at a cafe on the way home!  I KNEW I should have worn a dark top!

C hope you tooth is soon sorted 😞

Katy - we have ordered sunshine specially for your visit... hope all goes well.  Be careful with that foot and chariot I don't want to be hearing about you on the local news!

Off to rest my bod now - have been warned booble may ache or be sore when local wears off!  Evidently the skin was very tough (25 zaps two years ago - what do they expect?) but they were lovely and it did not hurt a bit being done 🙂

katytc

Good for you C hopefully will calm down after tomorrow!!

Unexpected trip tonight am venturing to RevCat's city, YD is own her way home and booked a hotel so she phoned and asked if I wanted to come through so I thought why not?? Not leaving until later as she won't arrive until around 12 so quite excited.

Have had a lazy day so far, feeling a bit yuck managed a nap short while ago, no doubt some bug that's going around!

Sunny and a little cloudy here, air def has a chill to it!

RevCat hope your pre op asses went well and you are ok for next week.

Thinking of all the other Benchies and wishing you all well again xx

ch280

saw the dentist again this morning - pain still there but much more bewrable - at least i can eat without climbing the walls!  Have decided to give the tooth one last chance and begin the ordeal tomorrow with srage one of the treatment! 

Thanks for all the support

C

Guest user
Not applicable

Ch280,  it's horrible having lingering tooth pain...yet you don't want to lose your teeth...perhaps give this tooth one last chance?!  I've had problems with a back molar for ages - I don't know how it's still hanging in there, and I really want to keep it because I'm already missing 2 teeth next to it!  Had it re-filled recently and no pain now, which is the main thing.

Benedictus, good your chemotherapy won't be unduly delayed.  Get better soon, Rev.

ST, I hope you will be able to go off to Greece with no worries!  Hope other Benchies doing OK.

Heavy showers here today  - it's back to hanging washing indoors!  A few glasses of glitterberry juice all round!

katytc

tee hee ch280, JCJ had a donkey tail last year, hee hee.........

On the "happy bunny" bench

1) managed to put on a pair of shoes, woo hoo (foot a little

throbby now)

2) chariot fixed, felt a bit precarious when crossing roads,

pavements etc!!!

3) did small amount of shopping (can't get my head around

looking for food just now)

So am zipping around Benchland in my chariot delivering goodies to all, ferrero rocher coconut with white choc and almond yum, yum yum, forgot how lovely they are..........xx

PS would def keep tooth xx

ch280

hugs to all who need them - hopefully you will feel better soon and for those awaiting test results / appointments hope the news is good - Iit is a worrying time until l you know for sure what is going onr

My tooth still causing problems  - now on giant sized pain killers (which seemed to work after the first dose but have not had much effect since) and anti biotics.  Dentist wants to do a root canal filling on Weds but I am getting a bit iffy about it - I wonder whether I would be better saying a fond farewell to the offending tooth - it is one that I have had a lot of trouble iwht over the years and i don't think I will miss too much - it is the back molar - so perhaps I could manage without it - could certainly manage without the pain! 

one of young GS comments made me chuckle the other day - "i  was talking to my friends - the one with short hair, the one with long hari and the one with the donkey tail"

JCJ

Chocoalte cake with real chocolate (think planets/stars) and clotted cream filling, in the lost plottery shed for anyone in need.

ES here yesterday. He fixed our electric problem - loose wire in the back of the socket - in about 2 minutes. It's a good job he also wanted to wash his car (upstairs flat - whoops! sory, *HOUSE* so he can't use his jet wash at home!) or I would have felt really guilty dragging him on an 180 mile round trip just for that. I did provide a cooked 'breakfast' (lunch!) and dinner though - and he took back the rest of the chocolate cake, so I hope he doesn't feel too put out! 🙂

I'm away to do the ironing  if I can just get off this CBA bench.  Sooo tired after the first week back.  

I have a stack of spoons lashed to my back..... *best David walliams voice*...... because I'm a ladle!

Fingers crossed ST. Hope you are feeling better MMM, B & RC. Hugs xx

PSSST! Anyone seen FF - has she gone invisible again?? 😛

katytc

Oh dear Benchies are having a hard time at the moment, Ben big hugs to you, post whenever you want or can we're here for you xx Spoons, scones lashings of jam and cream and lots of muggateas for all.

Beautiful sunny day here woo hoo, HAVE to go shopping today YD home soon, have been soooooooooo lazy not done a proper shop since before she left.................bad behaviour!!

Foot is def a lot better, bit sad that it's broader than the other one but small price to pay really.

Lost the bolt now on my chariot so will pop to local DIY store, am sure it's the cobbled streets that loosen the bolts as you do shudder and judder about, will have to try and avoid.

Hugs to all, take care girls and DO be good to yourselves xx

Ali_H

Morning all! Unexpectedly sunny here, I hope the sun's shining on Benchies who need it today. What a worry ST, you won't relax till you get the results...but, good that your team are being pro-active and looking out for you. I hope you get your holiday as planned and can heave a huge sigh of relief.
Poor Benedictus, you have been through the mill! I was also brought up to Just Get On With It, so I did, and then my sanity was saved by the lovely people of Benchland. Thank goodness I found this place , although I do wish I'd found it before the trials of chemo and mx...ah well, things come into your life when you need them, and boy do I need Benchland! Onwards and upwards Benedictus, no more set backs.
How's everyone else today? RevCat, MMM, how are you doing, feeling a bit better I hope? And now I'm worrying, cause I've missed people out....JCJ, Katytc, Jenanne, G I Oniony Jane, pop the kettle on, my marbles are all over the floor again 😉
GIJaneH

Heavens!  RIght, quick dash round Benchland with huge canteen of spoons/ladles... some being left by every bench... along with a fresh supply of hankies, cake, glitterbury juice and honesty bars....

Benedictus - I too was brought up to get on with it... I've had to learn to say what I need (as I discovered people can't mind-read very well!!!) and for me, myself personally, the process of treatment was not exactly easy, but I knew how to deal with it.  Grit teeth and get on with it is something I can do.  AFTERWARDS, I had to learn to be gentle with myself.. and that was mUCH harder, but maybe if we learn that, it will be a life-skill that stands us in good stead and will be a gain to us from this ghastly process.  I think I'm not alone in finding gentleness a hard lesson ...  You are not bothering us, you are saying how it is.  Very different!  and How it Is is HARD....

Now then.... ST... how frightful, but great that it's been spotted and looked at.  Hopefully it'll be nothing, but you won't relax till you know..

RevCat - hope you're behaving yoursefl and that someone else will lead the flock tomorrow....

katy, hope the foot's improving....

On a more trivial note, my OH is helping at a "street party" this afternoon, doing the food... he sliced 20 onions last night in readiness, and the smell as he took the bag from the fridge and out to the car has permeated the whole house!  Every single room stinks...  and i'm on call, so I have to stay in it!  poo wee!  small problem to have though...

hugs to anyone else feeling fragile today...

Jane xx

Spellcheck seems to have stopped working 😞

benedictus

Third time lucky.  Long post lost, tried to retrieve and managed to post blank message.  So here we go again.

I'm sorry so many Benchlanders are having such a torrid time at the moment.  Revcat:  I do hope the bionics are beginning to do their job and you are starting to feel more human again.  Be gentle on yourself.  ST:  I can understand the CSL bench, especially if you are posting at 12.40am.  However many loving people you are surrounded by, this is a profoundly lonely time.  Many virtual hugs and spoons - nay, ladles - being sent your way.  

I need to embrace the spirit of Benchland more because it is such a special place, but because I was brought up to 'just get on with things without bothering others' I've tended not to post too much.  But it's been an interesting time here:  infected Hickman line last weekend led to hospital admission, led to confirmation of MRSA, led to two weeks of humungeous horse pills,led to echo of my heart because that can be affected,  led to (fingers crossed) things getting better.  And it seems that chemo will in all likelihood only be delayed for a week or a fortnight rather than the month I was expecting.  So that's me...  

Sending hugs and spoons to all Benchlanders, but to Revcat and ST in particular

benedictus

katytc

Fingers and toes crossed for you ST, spoons, choc cake and glitterberry juice now delivered along with huge hugs xx

RevCat, you are def going through the mill too..............take care of yourself and hopefully infection will soon be gone spoons, choc cake, glitterberry juice and huge hugs too xx

Another grey day here, rained non stop from early last night to just a short while ago, have to go into town today couldn't be bothered yesterday so now will have to face the SAT CROWDS, trying to motivate myself to go in early, it's not happening xx

supertrouper

I need spoons - big spoons and lots of them...and hankies please.   And a big space on the CSL bench - enough room to lie down on please.  I had mammogram 2 weeks ago - was very patient and decided to wait until I had an appointment at the hospital this Wednesday (to be fitted for a new prosthesis) to ask for results.  I was called through to what I thought was the fitting...only to be confronted by a sympathetic looking BCN who wanted to talk about my mammogram results.  I have to go on Wednesday for an ultrasound scan on what "looks like a node that wasn't there last year"  GULP

And we are supposed to be going away to Greece for two weeks just two days after this scan???

Pass me a big glass of glitterberry juice please!!

GIJaneH

----0. ----o~~~~0. Spoons for Catriona and any who need them

Home grown cherry tomatoes , cucumbers and lettuce in the lost plottery shed, for easy, healthy munching...

MMM , how VERY painful

Catriona - you ARE being battered - gentle hug.... And prayer....

Hope everyone has a good weekend......

Love

Jane

Ali_H

Gentle hugs for MMM, Revcat and anyone else who needs one... I have some spare spoons so I'll telepath....telepathically....telepathetically... Ahem they're on their way to you 🙂
The decorated and cleaned room sounds fab, will have a nosey at your pics. MIL is home and fully recovered, so we might get a couple of days away after all. I fancy paddling in the sea somewhere, in the rain if needs be, and a picnic of French bread, cheeses, macaron....and French radishes. I know it's strange but I love the really peppery radish they have, yum.