71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Ali_H

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Grumpy, thank you so much! The camels have arrived safely and are now busily popping their bubble wrap carriage, aided by my son . They've been admired by OH and MIL and are rather engagingly google -eyed, think I may need to check they don't 'accidentally' get packed up in sons uni stuff! You've brightened my day, thank you xx
grumpy

A response to

You ARE looking well.....

I am living testament to B##ts supplements and the NHS, otherwise I'd look crap/be dead (delete according to choice)

That always works.

To be fair, most of these comments come from people who are concerned about us, and for most of them their only experience of cancer will be someone who was terribly ill and died - BC people like us are not ' identifiable' to the general public so they don't know we have/have had this dreadful disease. I know at least 6 woman in the village who have BC, but unless they tell people  no-one knows just walking past them in the street, whereas the chap up the road (terminal, very sad) has lost masses of weight, very poor colour and very weak, all of which is blindingly obvious.

Being charitable when you are stressed out of your brain with worry and fear, and being assaulted by vicious treatments is just SOOOO hard.......

Rehearsals tonight - the play is about a chap who died and comes back to help his family ..........

grumpy

katytc

grumpy, you are soooooooo funny just read your post on stupid things, laughed out loud, will keep me smiling for the rest of the day hee hee xx

katytc

ch280, hopefully something will be sorted for you soon, such an ouchy thing toothacheSmiley Sad!

JCJ how annoying!! At least you are getting a new one, passed a charity shop yesterday and they had a smallish monitor for £27.00Smiley Happy, pity you didn't live nearer!

grumpy, my hand did feel tingly but arm just felt tight and heavy, hope it's not Lynn, snotty millie still snotty? poor thing!

Ali, sooooooooooo fabulous, camels coming home!

Kay you must be so excitedSmiley Happy!

Jane hopefully you can pay a flying visit (borrow RevCat's broomstick) tomorrow for Benchland celebrations!!

It's pouring with rain here and pretty cold, had to give in last night and put heating on, my nose was running and my teeth were chattering.........................at least I know boiler is working!

Had another set of new painkillers, not making any difference to pain, have had them for a month battling persistent nausea was shopping yesterday and felt soooooooooo sick so am done with them..................hopefully be nausea free in the next few days, woo hoo xx

GIJaneH

I've had so many broken teeth/fillings/ bits falling off teeth in last 18 months my dentist saysi should have a Samson ticket! She also says 'nothing to do with chemo'...... Mmm,mmm,mmm. Not convinced.......

Lynn appt,cancelled as poor nurse was ill. Oh did some thin bandaging, as shown, but tat hasn't helped either. Still bad and achy. Torn muscles still,complaining too, but I'd better stop (complaining)

Just had a really fun evening out with past & present colleagues. Just he four of us, but we,all enjoyed working together and laughed our way through a very serious job...two have now left, so,it was really good,to be together again, and much laugher rang out.... Great beginning to,four days off for celebrations. Start with appt with hairdresser tomorrow...son & DIL come home tomorrow, and DD too..... May be a bit quiet for,a day or three....

Hugs and spoons to those in need of any sort tonight...

Jane xx

Ali_H

I'm going to go to bed early so I'm up ready and waiting for the postie tomorrow. Knittie camels, woohoo!
Started back at yoga today after teachers summer break, arm and shoulder felt stiff and tight and tingly so I've decided this means yoga does it good, cause it felt fine while I was going every week!
Re chemo and teeth, I had a routine dental check up during chemo and although I didn't have any problems (well, apart from the chemo nausea when someone's poking around in your mouth, urghh) my dentist and hygienist were both of the opinion that you can get chemo-related teggy problems. If I'd actually paid more attention at the time I might now be able to tell you something relevant....but I didn't, sorry....
JCJ

Ch280 not cable from comp to monitor as monitor doesn't even power on. It isn't the power cable either, as I tried it with a different power lead. I suspect it might be the actual switch, so I've ordered a new monitor - cheapest reasonable one (same as some of school ones so should be ok). Should be here in 3 working days. Then I might see if this one can be repaired (by son when/if he has time) to keep as a spare. OH (who professes to loath all things computer!) is complaining that he can't use the Internet (he's not allowed on my school tablet or school laptop, and I'm in no hurry to let him loose on my phone!!) so I just bit the bullet (no wonder teeth crumbling?? :p) and ordered it.

I keep waking up with pins and needles in 'affected' arm/hand. Don't know if I'm sleeping oddly and trapping a nerve, or if its Lyn foe-demon, or the start of carpel tunnel syndrome that I had an operation for YEARS ago on other hand. (They told me then that most people who have it done end up having to have both sides done!) What happens about operations on the Lynn-risk side, if we're not even allowed blood tests or BP to be taken???

Knitted camels! 🙂 neither  my wild animals or my pets book have camels in. I'm jealous! 🙂 

grumpy

Snot report - Millie's nose is still dribbling, and NDs kids are entranced by it!!!!

Got clinic appt next week to find out if the dreaded lyn-fer-dema is starting: it seems unfair  nearly 3 years after surgery. I 've started to get a tightening feeling from armpit down arm (thought it could be cording again) and prickling sensation - does this sound like lyn??? Oh poo!!!

Ali - camels sent off this a.m. in their special brown paper chariot all cuddled up in bubble wrap. PO lady gave me a very strange look - What's in the parcel - my reply Two Camels......................... knitted.

Hugs and lacey hankies to everyone who needs them (NOT Millie Dog)

grumpy

Kayteeb53

Hi all (waves). Glad went well RC and fingers crossed for you Jen. Jane hope lymphy. Appt went well.
I am still having problems with salivary glands. I can be speaking and suddenly my mouth dries up - lips stick to teeth (very attractive!). Think can only be chemo as started after final chemo session. Just hope it goes eventually.
House stuff moving on. Tiles off bathroom walls and floor, new tiles collected for bathroom. Have loaded a pic of kitchen plans on profile. Do you think 3 colours of tiles would be too much?
Start to pack up all kitchen stuff ready for builders/plumbers start next week. Going to be calling in all favours for dinner. Could have to spend some time in holiday cottage in th woods if its free?
Good week all
Kay x
ch280

JCJ, could it be a problem with the cable from the computer to the monitor?  Might be worth trying a different cable to see - may be sschool would loan you a cable to try..... buying new connecting cable much cheaper than new monitor!!  ~Alternatively is it a fault in the connector? 

Interesting that you have /are also suffering tooth pain - I wonder if it is anything to do with the drugs and/or rads???? 

have you noticed that we first registered on the site on January 2038 ?  ho'w that for time travelling? 

JCJ

Monitor refusing to turn on again. 😞  Sooo annoying that I know it's not completely foobarred as it worked last night ...... Or have I lost the plot totally, and that was a dream??

Branston pickle cake?! Mmmmmm yum! 😛

CH280 I didn't have chemo but I'm getting tooth pain. Maybe it's rads. My hairdresser says rads definitely affects hair, and my nails keep breaking, so perhaps it affects teeth too? Also, as Ta'poxy'fen makes skin very dry, maybe it somehow alters the gums too?

ch280

Thanks RC,  yes, the pain is yukki, but nothing  when compared with the problems others , including you,  have to go through.  I will investigate. 

RevCat

Hi CH280

I don't know if it is related, but I do know that a lot of ladies who have had chemo have teeth problems; one thing I read said that chemo doesn't damage teeth (they aren't growing so it wouldn't) but because it messes with our mouths the chemistry can be such that our teeth get damaged.  Whether Tamoxifen or Aromatase Inhibitors can have a similar effect I have no idea.  There is no harm in asking your BCN - even if she  says 'no'.  I hope you get it sorted soon, it sounds horrid.

ch280

RevCat, just noticed a reply from you on a different thread -  about bone and tooth pain.  I didn't have chemo but is it poss that my tooth pain could be bc related, do you think?  The dentist could' t  see anything wrong with the molar (which is crowned) on xray which is why he decided that the pain was more likely to be originating from the stray root next door.   Do you think I should ask him about poss link or speak to bc nurse before dentist visit tomorrow?  Thanks

ch280

What good news, RC,  hopefully there will be a solution to development of polyps long term, too.  

Glad the monitor had simply gone on strike for a while  -it probably thought it needed a holiday!

My tooth is still playing up, managed a day yesterday without painkillers tho have had to resort to them again today.  Dentist again tomorrow to have last weeks stitching removed so i'll see what he says then.  To be fair the pain I am getting now is nothing like as intense as it was before he worked on removing the stray root ladles week.  Still hoping I won't need the root canal  work that he originally was planning to do.  

Was off to he gym this morning for 50+  class but instructor not well so it was cancelled, so spent the morning ironing my daughter's mountain and then cleaning out the chickens which are looking more cockerel like every day - of dear! 

Now on the flaked out bench before going to change the beds and other items of boring housework!

Hope everyone needing spoons, lace hankies etc has a plentiful supply.  

I will be baking a calorie free large magically flavoured cake for GiJanes birthday bash on Friday. (The magical flavour means that it becomes your personal flavour of choice as you bite into it, whether that be chocolate,  strawberry, vanilla or even branston pickle!)

Guest user
Not applicable

Went to Sainsbury's yesterday. My sister left to pick up my mother, so we could all have a muggatea in the cafe there. Waited outside the supermarket with my trolley. My nephew rang me on his mobile to ask where I was, to join us for muggatea. He said 'I'm looking, but I can't see you'. So I walked up and down describing where I was. Then the penny dropped: 'Oh, I'm outside Morrison's - wrong supermarket!'

MRI today - thanks for good wishes.  I  am waiting for hospital transport now.                                                                            Appointment 1.30 at Ysbyty Ystrad Fawr, Ystrad Mynach - could be worse, could have been at 

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!

RevCat

No worries benedictus, I knew what you meant - and I am a spectacularly shining example of it!   chuck the embarrassment in the guilt lake - we need to fatten those 'gators for Friday's party on the beach!!

benedictus

And meant to add that we're all victims of White Coat syndrome - wasn't thinking you were a fraud Smiley Embarassed  now completely covered in embarrassment.......xx

katytc

Sounds good RevCat, a lot to think about regarding continual polyps and bleeding though, fingers and big fat toe still crossed!!

Jen hope all goes well for you today.

Oh grumpy poor snotty millie, lets hope anti's work quickly for her and you!!

JCJ fabulously fantastical your monitor is working!!!

Watched GD swimming yesterday, told her she was like a dolphin so she had a beaming smile.............was thinking of going swimming too but one of my daughters friends said she was soooo annoyed cause every time she goes there are lots of "grumpy" old men (nothing to do with our grumpy) who hog the lanes and do lots of moaning if you are not fast enough, mmmmmmmmmmm!!! Kinda off putting could just go into big pool and go down the slides etc woo hoo!!

Still not walking that well, bit annoying......................

Psst, remember birthday party on Fri, on the beach?? Memories of MMU xx

benedictus

You are a shining example of White Coat syndrome Revcat, but what great news.  Very pleased and relieved - as I am sure you are.  

Sun shining here too so might plot a short amble and lunch as I am in the small and ever shortening window that is 'finish anitibiotics/start chemo'.  Oh joy!

RevCat

Spar pate... I had to read that twice before i relasied it was pat-ay not an allusion to some strange part of Millie's anatomy!  Primula cheese spread (other spreadable cheeses blah blah) original or 'with ham' works for the moggy known online as Pukey Cat.

Sun shining in Glasgow and am just blobbing around as still quite tired.  Chekced BP on home monitor and it was.... 115/65 so uber fit.  What's THAT all about?  Does White Coat Syndrome get worse and worse?  Who knows!

grumpy

Just watching for the second time the programme about the older ladies - what inspiration!!!

They are wonderful, and give us all hope...

Millie has got a snotty nose again and so more antibiotics to be inserted into Spar(other shops blah blah) pate twice a  day..... it is DIRE AND DISGUSTING

It is still raining so there are WET clothes festooned everywhere

Grumpy (and damp)

GIJaneH

Good news RevCat.....

The thouht of Hump in a pink titfer is interesting! I trust tiaras are having the dust blown off them for Friday? We have special glasses to drink the champagne from.....

Regarding Latest,posts, I'm sure a revamp or two ago, it just listed all the posts being replied to, not sixty posts for busy threads (ok I exaggerate) but you know what I mean...

Done pilates without using my arm again. Mugatea now, and tiffin....

Hope you got on well Jen...

JCJ

Oooh that sounds promising, RC! If rather annoying about the bleeding - but at least it's unlikely to be sinister! Phew!

Jenanne, I hope you have had similarly hopeful results today.

I've just spent 2 hours investigating new monitor possibilities using my school laptop. Decided to give monitor one last try. Plugged it back in and it's working!!!  WTF?? It definitely wouldn't do ANYTHING yesterday.

Totally bemused and utterly Kna**ered. I'm off to bed!

RevCat

I'm home!  And eating for Britain.

So quick report - two polyps one about 1.5 cm and one about 1cm I think (he showed me with finger and thumb but didn't have my glasses on so couldn't see properly!) both smooth and he is "not expecting anything sinister" results in about three weeks.  When I asked if I just have to put up with this if it happens again he basically said 'yes' unless it is sinister and then said Tamox benefits outweigh risks... my question wasn't 'should I keep taking Tamox' that's a no-brainer with my stats, it was 'can't you fix the bleeding'.  So when I next see my breast team I will ask them what options there are.  If they want to keep me on Tamox for 10 years rather than 5 do not want to be doing this every 9-12 months!

Early night planned zzzzz

Ali_H

Thanks Grumpy!!!! 😄
grumpy

Ali - Hump in pink titfer and Dink in tiara on their way home tomorrow....

grumpy

JCJ

Thanks RC. I have bookmarked the latest post link (on my tablet - will do same on desktop when I've replaced monitor - school tech says it's unlikely to be repairable - over £200 only 6 years ago - he said 6 years was pretty good! disgraceful!)

I'm quite happy to use latest posts link from my bookmarks if it doesn't  get put on the site. (I can understand the argument that it can be a bit too much for newbies seeing secondary & chemo posts before they even know if these things are relevant for them. It took me a few frightened, depressed evenings before I stopped myself reading anything other than where I currently was in the diagnosis & treatment process!)

Hope Hosp going OK. 

Person coming in a minute to pick up a canvas wardrobe that I put on freecycle - one less thing for the tip! 🙂 

Right, now to do battle with this teeny screen to try and order a new monitor.

katytc

Woo hoo latest postsSmiley Happy have missed them so much!!! Thank you techies and RevCatSmiley Happy!

Hope everyone is having a better day today.......................

Have been engrossed in a jigsaw puzzle so on the "bad behaviour" bench, should get housework done firstSmiley Frustrated! Bottom now firmly placed on the "CBA" bench.

Have my check up next week with onc (new one) prior lady left a few months ago, she was sooooooooooo nice, really liked her very much,feeling a little twirly already so if a letter was received from the NHS, would probably have a turn tee hee!!

Am off  to see GD swimming later this afternoon,  so excited to see by how much she has progressed!!

Wore a POLO neck sweater yesterday, it's gone very cold here, will be wearing another one today!! Brrrrrrrrrrr xx 

Ali_H

Sense of humour failure, oh I can so relate to that! However I've found the cure, sit down, put your feet up and enjoy either a muggatea or even better a chilled glass of rosé. Works for me 😉
Address pm'ed to youGrumpy, thank you!! Excited, love that sort of post rather than the bill in a brown envelope type....
Good luck to Revcat and everyone who has procedures, ops, investigations, appointments, tests, results , treatments and SEs to face today, Benchies are feisty ladies, we can do this!
Psthank you for the latest posts link, I really miss latest posts. TECHIES I love the new site, but please can we have latest posts back???? Thank you 😉
RevCat

grumpy

Ali - address, yes please. Hump and Dink want their 'Mummy'   because the black and white dog is being mean to them and won't share food, and it never stops raining in this strange country........They really did think it would be an adventure like going to Morecambe.

AND IT'S STILL FLIPPING RAINING!!!!!!!

grumpy

RevCat

Pssst have you discovered that latest Posts is back - for a trial - on a URL of its own?  You can  see them here http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/thread/page/1

I think that BCC are wanting monitor usage to see if it ought to be reinstated permanently - so if you you think this then be sure to use it!

Switching off now - just came on to wile away a few mins before I head to hosp.

PS you may want to 'pass it on' on other threads you read if people there are interested.

foxyferret

Thanks for the giggle Jen,  badly needed here as I've not had a good day.  Whatever could go wrong has gone wrong and despite  all my intentions to never sweat the small stuff again, I got seriously annoyed about nothing in particular.

Think I had a sense of humour failureWoman Frustrated

Good luck to RevCat and Jen for your appts. (and anyone else with any).  Fingers crossed.

After the lovely weather last week today was grey, cold and wet.  Think summer is definitely over.  I had to put the lights on at 7.30 tonight. I do not like dark nights, I shall start looking forward to March right now!

GIJaneH

Be thinking of you tomorrow RevCat... And Jen.

Not being a person who likes to see, I impressed myself last night by taking up posh trousers I want to wear on Friday and doing so using herringbone stitch! My mum would be amazed!!

Only two more days to work this week. See lymph nurse tomorrow, which I'm pleased about cause the arm is still bothering me after the fall - muscles and lymph..... Hey ho...

Take care of yourselves precious friends

Jane xx

Ali_H

Awwwwww Grumpy! Do you really want my address, I will pm it if you do.
Been very chilly here today, I'll need my gloves for walking in to work now I think! All this talk of defrosted fridges and cleaned out cupboards and repainted bedrooms has made me feel rather lazy, mind you my house is full of stuff ready for my son to take to uni on Friday. We just need saucepans now and he's all set! I'll have a god sort out and deep clean next week....or the week after....well, definitely before Christmas. Oh, who am I kidding!!!
I only know one joke, and it's not even camel-related ,

What do you call a three legged donkey???

Wonky.

Good luck hugs and spoons to everyone who needs them. 🙂
JCJ

Good luck tomorrow RC & J and also for Wed, J. Everything's crossed for no nasty surprises for either of you.  

Don't we just love those NHS envelopes eh?  How the mind races???!

Hugs xx

JCJ

I'm on the FF bench. Long day at school full of people offloading work onto me. Then staff meeting. Come home tired to find OH has decided to have his breakfast in the new bedroom, spilt crumbs all over the freshly Cleaned carpet and just left all the dishes on a tray on the bed!  The same new bed that he assembled inside out on Saturday (while I was fetching YD from station) and promised to reassemble correctly today, so that the tatty bit that's supposed to be hidden in the middle is not the first thing you see when you walk in the room. Needless to say, he hasn't put it right.

On top of that, the expensive 6 year old computer monitor has suddenly, inexplicably died so I'm having to do everything on the fiddly tablet and I've got several freecycle things and Ebay auctions on the go. Arggghhh!Smiley Mad

Deep breaths. Ohnmmnm!   

On a happier note, I'm going to steak night at the pub later to meet friends/ex-colleagues. 🙂

RevCat

Great jokes Jen!   Made me chuckle.Cat Very Happy  Hope all goes well with your scans and more to the point you get some answers.

All set for tomorrow I think... bag packed, kitchen scrubbed and polished (including defrosting the freezer, cleaning the oven and all the cupboards inside and out!!).  Had a teeny scare this morning a letter from NHS arrived on my doormat... eek... phew, it was my follow-up appointment for the tittoo Cat Indifferent Speaking of which, the top layer of dead skin is starting to slough off, so soon I will see whether or not it has 'taken'...Cat Tongue

Won't be passing this way now until at least Wednesday, so look after each other (bossy cat)

katytc

Tee hee jenWoman Happy!!

Hope all goes well for you and you have good results, perhaps when everything settles you can see about your feet, it's such a painful conditionWoman Sad!

YD off to capital city today, don't know how she manages it but despite leaving house with 10 mins before train left station she made it..................she turns me into a nervous wreck???

Bed washing today, almost all done then into town, just a wander. It's absolutely FREEZING here brrrrrrrrrrrr, am so happy we had a summer this yearWoman Happy!! Away to look out the cosy jumpers and the 40 fleeces xx

Guest user
Not applicable

The change to Autumn seems really sudden this year, but we may get a few more warm days yet, JCJ!

I haven't posted much lately,  feeling a bit worn out. MUGA scan tomorrow and MRI on Wednesday. I have an appt. for clinic this Thursday, but I've been feeling unhappy about seeing my oncologist again, after all that's occurred with mets d/g.  So I've decided to arrange to have a different onc - I'm sure it will be better for me.

Glad ST's off to Greece with the 'all-clear' and  Ali, welcome back - the camels have certainly been gallivanting! I'm hoping to have a break in Paris in the winter - will try the pistachio macarons.

The 7000th post! Does Benchland hold the record?

Your foot op's gone well Katy - my feet have been getting worse, due to the arthritis in big toe joints, plus now the effect of  hormone tablets. (My feet were much better when off the hormone therapy).

Ballgown etc. ready for Jane's birthday bash;  can we have games, like 'pin the tail on the camel' and 'musical benches'?   FF, take care with new computer & muggateas!  Some jokes:

What do you call an Irish spider? Paddy long legs!

A man at the cinema sees what looks like a spider sitting next to him.  "Are you a spider?" asked the man, surprised.   "Yes."   "What are you doing at the movies?"
The spider replied, "Well, I liked the book."

I needed a password 8 characters long - so I picked Snow White & the Seven Dwarves.

I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again.

My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.

My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard.

Every 10 years the monks in the monastery are allowed to break their vow of silence to speak 2 words.
10 years go by and it’s one monk’s first chance. He thinks for a second before saying, “Food bad.”
10 years later, he says, “Bed hard.”
It’s the big day, a decade later. He gives the head monk a long stare and says, “I quit.”
“I’m not surprised,” the head monk says. “You’ve been complaining ever since you got here.”

A guy spots a sign outside a house that reads “Talking Dog for Sale.”  Intrigued, he walks in.
“So what have you done with your life?” he asks the dog.
“I’ve led a very full life,” says the dog. “I lived in the Alps rescuing avalanche victims. Then I served my country in Iraq. And now I spend my days reading to the residents of a retirement home.”
The guy is flabbergasted. He asks the dog’s owner, “Why on earth would you want to get rid of an incredible dog like that?”
The owner says, “Because he’s a liar! He never did any of that!”

JCJ

If the weather in The Midlands dramatically improves ovwer the next few days, you have me to thank for it!  I've just done the 'summer's over' tasks of putting away all my sandals and getting out my boots. I've also hooked the bedroom curtains back onto their end stops as we won't be needing to open them from the ends to let the air in from the open windows anymore. 😞  Wet and windy here today - but I bet that'll change now!!

YD on her way home now on the train. She approved of the new room, not least because she didn't have to sleep surrounded by all her brother's tools & clobber!

grumpy

Well well well - look who I found wandering round in the lake district!!!!

More piccies on profile page.

Ali - pm me your address and I'll make sure they get home.

Millie thinks they are STUPID, why come to the wettest place in the country when you should be living in the desert......

grumpy

katytc

Woo hoo JCJ, party, partyWoman Happy!!

Chicken breasts are in the shed with roasted tomatoes and thyme, mashed potatoes and cauliflower and cheese or steak pie, veg and gravy, glitterberry juice on tap, pecan pie or triple choc cake, cream for dessert!

Woo hoo Ali and FF are back, more glitterberry juice...............

Wishing you all the best for Tues RevCat, more good news please, fingers and superly fat toe crossed for you!

Well am now 2 years and a few months on the ta"poxy"fen and am having an awful time flushes are horrendous and am awake during the night again haven't been as bad as this since the start, what is going on?? Am on the same brand, not liking being awake at 2.00, 3.00 and 4.00 amSmiley Sad! Don't know why I've gone backwards.......................very annoying been over a fortnight now, any ideas? or am I just take synchronising too seriously???

Psst, big party for Jane on Fri ballgowns, tiaras and knee highs order of the day, can't believe it here I go again and have just had a shower whew so hot, am going outside to stand in the gale force winds xx

RevCat

Yup you got number 7000 JCJ well done you!  The glitterberry juice +/- additives is on you!

JCJ

According to the mobile version on my phone, this is the 7000th post! PAAAAAARTY! However, in my bookmarks it says 6643 so we'll have another excuse for glitterberry juice (with beetroot for RC) soon! 🙂

RevCat

Is it just me (or Firefox 23 on Windows 7) but if I am reading Benchland before I log in, then log in, it jumps to page 2?  Not a problem but it confuzzes me!  At least since the upgrade new posts appear immediately so that's identified something to be glad about Cat Happy

Chest infection all gone away apart from last dregs of gunk which will be gone before Tuesday I'm sure.  I've stopped checking my BP cos just doing so is getting stressful at the moment... but I will be well detoxed and decaffeinated and antioxidanted by Tuesday.  Had to laugh, letter says 'nil by mouth from 7 a.m.' leaflet says 'no eating after 7 a.m. but we encourage you to drink water until 11 a.m.'... so which is correct?  I've decided to go with the 'nil by mouth' option as safer.  Might mention this to them, if I remember.

Enough of me.  Good to hear that there is some good news around benchland after all the recent worries.  Oooh, a noughty birthday... Jane I did not think you could be two score yet Cat WinkRobot winkWoman Wink how exciting for you, how you get scores 'n' scores of pressies.  Party... party...

Probably won't be around much this week - mega house cleaning still needed 9playing catch-up after icky poo time) hosp Tuesday and  chilling Wednesday.

However, I have dropped off spoons, hankies, assorted juices ( +/- beetroot) and cakes.  Big hugs to all xx

EDIT - I stillforget to use the gorgeous new spell checker and end up having to edit my posts!

Ali_H

Hello my lovelies, I'm back! Now, how are you all? Phew for ST, what a relief....RevCat how are you, has the BP come down? JCJ hope you're having a good weekend with daughter and lampshade....waving merrily at everyone else....I didn't find the camels, I suspect they hitchhiked further south in search of some sunshine because we've had rain. Ah well! The washer's on, I've got a proper muggatea (and a pistachio macaron, yum). Benedictus how are you, I hope you're feeling brighter after your time in the dark tunnel......how's the tap dancing coming on Katytc, not too many pirouettes on the poorly foot.....
JCJ

Oh. Is THAT the oasis, where the song tells us to take our camel to bed?? 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable