71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

katytc

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Well, BMS it most probably is, have been swabbed, have to have blood tests to rule out anything else, change toothpaste no sodium lauryl sulphate then go back in 6 weeks for all results, not worrying cause own dentist said that's what it appeared to be and consultant today agrees but needs results of everything else to give me a def. They asked for a full medical history and half way through I started laughing cause when you hear it all well..............especially as they were all giving me sympathetic looks................ I couldnt help my giggling, so must add nuttiness to the list tee hee! I appear to be on the "crazy, laughing, nutty woman" bench!!Woman Embarassed Went by train and was offered assistance (hadn't booked) so was very pleased, and managed to wangle a lift home woo hoo!! Onc visit tomorrow and that's me done hopefullySmiley Happy!

Good news about millie fingers crossed for you tomorrow, grumpy.

Hope you had no pain today, Kay!

Very misty and damp here tonight, not cold though, bought a TUB of mini choc bars from M&S today so plenty for all in the shed, yum yum oh and I was able to wear another pair of shoes today that have been hidden away for a couple of years still can't walk that well but can wear lots of different shoes woo hoo xx

Ali_H

Now you see I love Benchland, there aren't many places you can have a quick read whilst your (supposedly) making tea and come across a line such as "I'm off to knit a guinea pig".......
Hoping mammo was ok, glad snotty dog is ok, sorry I don't have many spare spoons but I'm happy to share, and what a lovely sounding guest room....hmmm, I could redecorate. Or tidy. Or re-arrange furniture. Or sit down with a muggatea. Hmm.....choices, choices...... 😉
JCJ

Hooray. Sooo relieved Mille will be fine. I can disentangle a small portion of my anatomy - still got lots of other bits crossed for good news for everyone else.

I 'accidentally' bought 2 new, solid pine bedside cabinets last night (thanks Mr Mark F-E!) so I've just popped into town to get another purple lamp so I've got matching ones to put on top of them. Spoiling myself! 🙂 Going to end up wanting to sleep in the guest room..... it's sooo much nicer than ours, or 'my' spare room!

Santa mug cosy  in my photo album! I'm off to knit a guinea pig. 🙂

grumpy

HURRAY Millie Dog  will be fine!!! She has acute sinusitis, so I know how she feels........ more ABs and some stuff to 'loosen' the mucus, so I am expecting she will need a bib (NOT lacey hankies) at some point. And if these drugs work, I shall be off to the GP to get similar for myself.

Rehearsals tonight, and I'm running out of spoons again.

grumpy

foxyferret

Good grief JCJ,  that's not a hobby, that's a full time job!  

katytc

Kay, hope all goes well today and you are not at all ouchy!! Fingers crossed for great results! Will need photos of your potterySmiley Happy!

Aaaah, grumpy, let us know how you and millie get on today.

Soooooooooo impressed with all your creativity................am on a bench nearby "just watching cause I can't do it"!

Jane you are such a party animalSmiley Wink!

Oh my there is another bug going around, appears to be 24h, felt a little rough yesterdaySmiley Sad, but better today, am off to another city to see about BMS, had to cancel first appt cause I'd just had plaster removed and couldn't walk properly so will see what they say.......................

Had email saying order has been dispatched am quite excited..............just want to feel comfySmiley Wink, great bargain isn't it JCJ??? xx

JCJ

Oh worried grumpy, what a week! Smiley Sad  I hope they find out what's ailing Millie and she gets better soon, and that your Lyn app is all positive. 

Good luck with the mammo, Katy - another step along the road back to normality (in Benchland???? NEVER! Smiley Tongue

FF, I have a cross stitch that's been festering unattended since before dx too. I think I overstretched myself - it's an autumn scene over a lake. Very lovely, but there are over 100 colours in it and it's printed over 8 A4 sheets of paper. (online auction purchase- one of MarK F-E's pals!)  It's just too daunting.

I've been merrily knitting monkeys, rats, snowmen, puddings and mug cosies instead.  Latest mug cosy is a santa one ready for school C-word Fair. (picture to follow when I have time). I'm planning on knitting a guinea pig next. Then an elephant. Then some more santa mug cosies and maybe more pudings. And I might throw in a crocheted camel (if I can understand the pattern - self taught when it comes to crochet - not that keen!)

Anyhoo must away to my work. Got the small people today: Nursery and Reception, so I've put on my snot repellent trousers! 😛

Delivering a load of spoons for GIJ - I suspect you're going to need a bumper supply after all this family and partying?! 🙂

Kayteeb53

Thank you, will take your advice JCJ. I am also quite big busted and have always found the mammogram uncomfortable, particularly underneath.

I have joined a pottery class with my YD. OH laughed and said not to bring home my efforts. YD said he would be sorry when she and I were drinking out of wonky mugs and he had a boring straight one! LOL

Good day all x
foxyferret

Kay - best of luck tomorrow .  My first mammo after treatment was the first pain free one I've ever had !!  Hope yours is too.  Fingers crossed.

Fingers also crossed for Millie dog and for Grumpy as well....................hope I've got enough fingers for all this crossing.

Lovely photo of you Jane, sounds as if you had a great time.

Tickets arrived today for our  annual visit to the " Stitch, Sew and Hobbycrafts " exhibition on Sunday. 

In order to stop myself buying  any more cross stitch kits, I have today dug out the one that I started three years ago which has been resting......ok...abandoned.....in a drawer since before diagnosis.  Enthusiasm has been rekindled and I am now cross-eyed as well.  Firmly atttached to the craft bench for the forseeable future. I WILL finish it.

Muggachoc now ready then it's bedtime.

grumpy

and on top of all the vet stuff, my appt letter has arrived - Wed am for check for lymphedema.

Oh pants.....

Grumpy

GIJaneH

ouch - pour Millie Dog.... and poor Grumpy and WORRIED.....  not surprised you are both...... 

let us know how you and Millie get on....

Hope the genies do their thing!!!!

Katy, you HAVE been having a good time! 

back to "normal" for a couple of days before the next folk arrive... beds to change etc etc etc....

ttfn

Love Jane x

grumpy

Oh dear, poor Millie Dog is poorly and is going to the vet hospital tomorrow for a camera up her snotty nose........

I just hope it won't be something too serious.

grumpy (and worried)

JCJ

Scary times, Kay. Mugatea being delivered to wobbly (AKA Jittery) bench. I'll keep everything crossed for the lovely word 'normal' arriving on a letter to you  soon! Smiley Happy

Have some pain killers with you  just in case. Lots of people are fine, but my first mammo after WLE/SNB/Rads was excruciating. (Almost brings tears to my eyes even thinking about it now! Before, despite being quite big busted, I'd only ever been mildly uncomfortable having mammo.) Radiologist (radiographer??) was sooo apologetic. She said it was because the rads damaged tissue was still tender and I was advised to take paracetamol (other...etc etc) for a couple of days, but I only needed it for the rest of that day!

I'm sick of my bra riding up on the affected side, and I've not been arsed got around to seeing BCN for a 'chicken fillet' - (she's far too busy anyway for my fussing!) so  I've taken advantage of Genie's sale and ordered some. I'm a bit worried that I won't get on very well with them being nylon (prone to fungal rash under both boobs, so I usually try to stick to predominantly cotton! Smiley Frustrated) but it says I can return them if not completely happy so I'm going to give them a whirl (the bras not the boobs?! Smiley Embarassed) especially as they come with free padding to boost the mangled side!

Kayteeb53

Hi all. Am on the 'Wobbly' bench today as its my first mammogram since dx tomorrow.
Hope all are well x
katytc

Jane, you look fabulously, superly, duperly, fantasticalSmiley Happy!!!

Ali, sad times reminds you of their first day of school, sobbed all the way home, 17 years later the same!!

Gone mad this week bought the genies, jacket, ankle boots, scarf and sandals so am popping onto the "spoiling myself" benchSmiley Happy!!

Beautiful sunny day here, not a cloud in the sky, can't believe it??? xx

Ali_H

Thanks JCJ. I haven't been in his room yet, I've just shut the door for now! It sounds like he's having a great time, and I'll be fine- I've got a huge amount of work to do this week to keep myself occupied. It's just very, very, WEIRD!!!
JCJ

Very glamorous GIJ! Glad snotty Millie is no longer snotty - though with Pukey the cat, they'll make a great double act for the C-word pantomime?? 🙂

Ali, try not to fret. If he's happy that's the most important thing! You WILL get used to him not being around (though you may spend quite a lot of time just standing in his room at first! I did. And my friend said the same - she said it was almost like a bereavement. I thought she was nuts... Until my two left home within 3 weeks of each other and there I was, mourning the pair of them!!)  Now though, I love it when they come to visit, but I like it when they go home again and I can settle back into my own routines...... I honestly never thought I'd say that!!

Ali_H

Hello all!! Wow Jane, go girl, sounds like a fabulous celebration! Enjoy it all 🙂
We're just back from dropping son off at uni, he's fine, I'm a sobbing mess. I blame the wine! Just spoken to him on Skype (other very technical talk to people thingies are available etc) he's off into town with his new friends, apparently one of them woke everyone else up this morning by walking down the corridor shouting "good mooooorning caaaaaaaampeeeerrrrsssssssss!!"
Kayteeb53

Lovely photo GIJANE. Been out to lunch with family as daughters birthday, now getting ready to watch GBBO repeat.

Welcome to the DOLLS Katy, grumpy and Jen!

X
Guest user
Not applicable

Lovely picture of you Jane.  Hoovering on your birthday weekend & 'kids' in bed?? ... nothing unusual there!

Have another fun day today.  Cat Happy  

GIJaneH

proof that I wore the Dress and The Tiara!!!!  Great evening.... OH's family tonight..... my "children" are in bed... no stamina!!!!

RevCat - how're you doing now after your chest infection and ordeal?

Hope the Genies are OK Katy....  wearing mine as we speak - with a Been-a-boob, which I find best with them.... £29 .....

see you later - just hoovering up last night's mess....

katytc

Jane you have done us PROUD by wearing your fab dress and tiara, a true Benchlander indeed!!!

Sooooooooo pleased you are having such a wonderful time!

Glad millie is better!

FF, sounds good!

Poetry, mmmmmmmmmm,  just reserved 3 books at library too!

It's a lovely sunny morning but we still have that wind, windows open and time to tidy up.............

Ordered the genies cause they have a sale on at the moment, really good prices if anyone is interested (their own website) it would be fab to feel comfortable again, fingers crossed, last bra was fitted and expensive and not worth it, they should arrive sometime next week, woo hoo xx

GIJaneH

Hic......

GIJaneH

Another party tonight amd I seem to
HAve ha a surfeit of glitterbury juice...aka I'm tiddly.. Fab evening though

Another gathering tomorrow...... I'm feeling VERY weary.... And not sure about closing my eyes.... Dress went down well though... And I (and one of my friends) wore the tiara

grumpy

Two items of information:

1 . Millie Snotty Nosed Dog is now a Clean dog - the a/b tablets have done the job.

2. I  am old enough to be in DOLLS - I have had my bus pass for 5 years, so there!!!!

Have enjoyed the birthday party, and a 'do' this evening, so tomorrow will have to be a lazy day due to shortage of spoons......

Grumpy (and knackered)

foxyferret

Great party!  Sorry I slowed everyone down in the conga but it must have done my back good as it's much better today.

Carnival night in town tonight, haven't bothered going for the last couple of years but thought I'd wander up tonight.  Glad I did, loads of entries in the procession and the larger floats were spectacular.  Burger bars and candy floss stalls in the square and lots of people having a great time.  Loads of money is raised for local charities. 

Son and family coming over tomorrow and he will load up his car and take the stuff that I'm throwing away to the tip for me as it's on his way home.  He doesn't know this yet but he will Smiley Happy

Guest user
Not applicable

It's been SO warm and dry here today!

Will have to get the ingredients for macaroni pie - I made onion & leek quiche for supper, which turned out well.

Spent time on & off today doing more poetry analysis - I really enjoy reading poems.  Went to the library last week and ordered 3 books which they didn't have in stock - so I hope I can get back into reading novels .  I go through phases when I just can't settle to read a novel - that's when poetry comes in handy!  

JCJ

DOLLS and it's baby sister DYLLS sound fun, but I've always be more of a TEDDIES person (Terrific Elderly Dames Dressed In Exotic Splendour - note the 'x'. Do  NOT confuse this with an 'r'. Not going to happen. Not on these meds!!Smiley Embarassed) Of course, there doesn't need to be a branch for younger members because, thanks to BC and its treatments, we all FEEL elderly anyway??! 😛

katytc

I wanna be a DYLLS, what do I do????

Tar ra ra ra ra, tar ra ra ra ra ra ra still congo-ing now! What a party, loved the dance off...........Ali and the camels doing the can can was a WOW!!

What a fright when Jane blew out the candles, total darkness for a few seconds, good job I swapped tiara for torch attached to my head (strobe lighting effect, disco dancing speciality).

Fab night, glitterberry juice flowing...............

Yep macaroni pies everywhere here too, have never tasted one!! Good luck with recipe Jen xx

Kayteeb53

Well Grumpy, not sure that you are old enough to be a member of DOLLS, you have to be over (whispers) 60. If you are not old enough you can join DYLLS, the trainee part of the club.

DOLLS party sounds goods, DYLLS can come too for practice at being a DOLLS

Kay x
GIJaneH

Great DOLLS party...not heard that one before!

Very tired now

I wear genie bras - so comfy.... Think I got them on line from bhs on the sale, or maybe another store bla bla

Night all... Thanks for your company and conga..

Guest user
Not applicable

All that conga dancing has fair worn me out!

I will have to try making  macaroni pie, Revcat - never tried it.  I just googled some recipes and it looks very nice!

JCJ, I have searched for a free camel knitting pattern  online &  you just can't get one...so maybe will have to make one up.  I saw a sweet crocheted one:  http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/32695-claude-the-camel/

Have a good weekend all.  xx

P.S.  I would like to be DOLLS member too!

grumpy

Can I be  a members of DOLLS????? please, please, please, oh go on, let me , please please please

grumpy 

Kayteeb53

Oh blow, hit cancel instead of post!

Hope you had a fab day GIJANE. You are now officially a member of the DOLLS (Disgraceful Older Ladies Looking Splendiferous).
Thank you for yummy party food. Oh look, there goes the Conga led by Katyc, followed by Grumpy, Revcat, Ali, FF, JCJ, Jen, Bene, CH and Milliedog. They seem to be going quite slowly....ah that'll be due to the knee high tights. Always on trend :-). Wait for me! (Straightens tiara, hitches up ball gown ) I'm coming..........

Phew, that was fun. The Benchies certainly know how to party. WhooHoo!
ch280

Katyct, I used belvia bras after my wle and sentinel node op last year, and all the way through radiotherapy and for a few months afterwards.  I found them very comfortable .  Have no experience of the genie bra though.

Hope this helps

katytc

Sounds fabulous Jane, yum, yumSmiley Happy!!

Ballgown bit crinkly now, bought 4 pairs of knee highs today, tiara on, handbag on the floor and have squeezed into my flashing light shoes and am ready to party, woo hoo scooby doo!!!

grumpy Dennis the Menace sounds good.

FF will miss you spinning on your head but there's always next time, seriously hope you are ok!

Wowee JCJ splashing the cash or what???? How wonderful especially when you had to buy a new monitor!!

RevCat, yummy yummy, still think of your lemon catcake soooooooo tasty, drooling now!

Came home today to my smoke alarm beeping, finally managed to unscrew it and fiddle around with plastic cover hiding the battery, took ages grrrrrrrrrrr, had to go back out cause ofcourse didn't have the battery that fitted it, grrrrrrrr, no buzzing now all fixed woo hoo!!

Has anyone tried the Belvia or Genie bras?? If so which do you think is best??? Am so fedup of feeling so uncomfortable.......................xx 

GIJaneH

just rushing in to say I hope you enjoyed the smoked salmon, scrambled egg and champagne for breakfast....

Denis the Menace is fine Grumpy....

been using the Glitterbury juice glass - and about to ask for a refill of Champers...

Cheers everyone!  Thanks for coming to the party....  home made cheese straws.. smoked salmon, lamb tagine with lime cous cous.. lemon meringue pie... preceeded by more champers, of course! 

May be dancing later...

RevCat

OK ladies, I have just finished a HUGE bakeathon ready for the Freshers' Tea tomorrow and filled up the tardis fridge at the same time... assorted cat-cakes, macarons (they worked since I bought the fancy mat thing that one of you suggested) and cake-pops.  Then munched a Scottish delicacy - macaroni pie, yum yum (think macaroni cheese baked in in a quiche case).  Now just need to clean the kitchen again Cat Frustrated

grumpy

Camels were found looking lost and rather damp in my garden, en route to Morecambe from Ribble Valley where they were 'born' - I.e. knitted by my God daughter.

Bit of crisis on the party clothes front due to  (ahem) size of bottom, and top come to that. Velvet pants  and twinkly jumper have shrunk in the wash, honest. I may have attend in PJs, any preference between parrots or Dennis the Menace???? I will put on twinkly shoes and knee highs.....

Then I have a do tomorrow, so it's down to Oxfam in the morning

Happy Birthday, cheers, bottoms up everyone.

Grumpy

JCJ

Whoop whoop! 😄 Drinks are on me tonight! Just had letter from WCC saying I have a pay increase due to term-time only contract (no holiday pay!) and it's been back-dated to April 2010!! An extra 1200 squiddles in my pay packet this month!! Unfortunately, it's taxable, but they won't take pension off it.

Been working from home this afto as still waiting for sh**ty link (as ES calls them) to deliver monitor. I could have stayed at school after all, as I'd be home by now. I had so much to do that I can't do here, but never mind I've ticked some things off the ever-growing to-do list!

Time to start bathing and titivating ready for tonight's celebrations! 🙂 

Oooh doorbell. Parcel arrived! 🙂 

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy, hippy,  hoppy Birthday Jane, and many Happy Returns!!Cat Very Happy  xx

ch280

Happy Birthday GIJ, and many more to follow!  Have a great time celebrating with your famiky.

benedictus

Have a wonderful birthday GIJ!  The  sun has made a late summer reappearance to celebrate with you.  Can't get better than that xx

foxyferret

Many many happy returns Jane.  I hope you have a wonderful day/weekend.  

Thank goodness the dress code coincides with what I had planned to wear Smiley Happy

Looking forward to the party immensely, however I'm afraid the spinning on my head will not be happening tonight.  I foolishly decided to clear out my spare room yesterday.  I threw away an awful lot of stuff that I had kept,  thinking it might come in useful one day.  Re-arranged furniture, and generally made room for the next lot of stuff that I shall keep in case it comes in useful one day!!  Oh, and I need another bookcase for all the books at present on the floor.

While admiring the finished job I was aware that my back was aching.  Come this morning I can barely move, anyone watching me get downstairs would have laughed their socks off!  Paracetamol taken and gentle exercise has helped a little but I think work will be fun this afternoon.

Summer is back - glorious sunshine and radio says temperature of 17 degrees. Woohoo!

katytc

Double celebrations!!! The camels are home and Jane's birthday woo hoo!!! 

Have a superly duperly Happy Birthday, raising a muggatea to you JaneSmiley Happy!

Wearing ballgown already in anticipation of the festivities, soooooooooooo excited, balloons on Benches, glitter sprinkled, rhinestones polished and shiny!

Bacon rolls in the shed, yum yum.......................now just to put candles on the cake.

Have a fabulous time xx

RevCat

Happy Birthday GIJ and many, many happy returns of the day

Have a truly splendiferous weekend with your family

Benchland licencing laws being more English than Scottish the glitterberry juice is already flowing Cat Very Happy

Ali_H

Happy birthday GIJ !!!
JCJ

Happy birthday two ewes (or were they camels?) GIJ. Have a fab day and many happy, HEALTHY returns.

Big knee-highs up in the JM tonight followed by barbeque, bonfire and fireworks in Benchland. Dress code: Ballgowns, knee-highs, doc martins and tiaras. 🙂 

xx

GIJaneH

Phew! So glad the camels got home safely.....the responsibility of looking after them in Morecambe was immense, especially given their propensity to "explore". WHERE did you say you found them Grumpy?

Great start to the celebrations (or inebriations). Son, DIL and daughter home....three bottles of wine drunk....not sure if I'll sleep, witht he ringing in the ears...l see you later.....

JCJ

Email from delivery company to say monitor arriving tomorrow between 7.30am and 5.30pm.  It's got to be signed for, and they won't leave it with a neighbour. 😞 That's a long time to be up, dressed and waiting in?!

I'm going to have to come home for my out-of-class prep time in the afternoon, if it's not come by then, so OH can go out. Glad I didn't pay £22 for next day delivery (order before 6pm) - only ordered it at 9pm last night - paid £8 for 3 day delivery. Wasn't expecting it until early next week! 🙂