70345members
370084posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

poemsgalore

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Katy

Blurt away, you are not a total twit - well, no more than the rest of us when we have niggles. Back in June/July I was convinced I had new lumps in surviving breast and they hurt. Had US but no lumps. Nursey told me to lay on my surgery side, then pressed so hard on my other side I almost leaped off the table. It was a condition called Costo Chondritis. Sounds too much like a cross between Costa Coffee and hyperchondriac. Anyway this has spread to my other side now. It sometimes feels as though someone is stabbing me. I know what it is, but it still freaks me out. So budge up a bit, I'm joining you on the "freaking myself out" bench. I'd better bring a nice fluffy blanket to keep us warm.

Mandy, I thought you'd already had your rads - shows how much I keep up to date Woman Frustrated

Hot toddies all round tonight - cold or no cold!!

katytc

aaaaaaah milly, do be kind to yourself, if you feel tired and are able to have a nap just go for it and do not feel GUILTYSmiley Wink! it's been a long journey.

sooooooooo grumpy's house is "snotland" hope you feel better soon just have to have some hot toddies, only for medicinal purposes of course!

It wasn't me JCJ, i get the blame every year.................hee hee.

well, am perched on the "freaking myself out" bench am trying to calm down but bad thoughts are simmeringSmiley Sad, logically am being silly but i know ,you all know, the fine line we walk, had bone scan last year and everything was fine, sooooooooooo realistically have had just a bad spate of luckSmiley Frustrated! not saying anything to family and friends in the real world but know i can blurt out my worries here............deep breaths and keep calm and stop being a total twit methinks xx

grumpy

Just surfaced ...... 5 nights of the play completed, set dismantled, stuff gone to store, AND I HAVE GOT A STINKY COLD!!!!! serves me right for missing my flu jab this week.

Doing the dog walk, then snuggle up on the sofa with a blanket and lemsips (with added whisky, well that's what it says on the packet)

There's TWO snotty noses in this house now.

grumpy

JCJ

Tick 'em off 1 by 1, MMM, you will get there. It's probably that ol' stinker rads fatigue making you feel low. I remember it came in waves. Some days I was just tired ànd then WHAM, out of the blue: completely kn****ed then back to near normal.

15 days seems a long time but it soon passes - and you won't feel as ill as you did on chemo. Snuggle up with me with a mugatea and an alliburger while we watch the virtual fireworks. Oooooooh! Aaaaaggh!

Look at all those wonderful colours! Oooops! is that a rude word I see in the sky? I wonder how that happened? *innocent face*.

Katy put that sparkler down, I saw what you wrote with it! 🙂 

I'm on the WideAwakeWhileOHSnores bench. It's in the spare room, but I can still hear him! 😞

millymolly_m

Sorry to hear you're not so good Katy. You behave yourself and enjoy your virtual walks.
I've spent the last week on the sad lady bench. Started rads number 2 on Friday 25th and was quite blasé about it over the weekend but it hit me like a brick having to go in again first thing every morning for another 15 days. I know it's nothing and I'm being pathetic but need to sit quietly in Benchland or the Woods to lick my wounds for a while.
benedictus

Oh PG. That itch - another of the horrible, unpleasant se's of this whole business that really gets you down.  Yes, deep inside and impossible to get any relief from. I always found it got worse if I  was sweaty i.e. had been exercising/was on a walk.  And now you mention it I haven't been troubled since I came off Anastrozole, although that could be because I've spent the majority of my time sitting on my ever increasing a*se getting no exercise at all to speak of over the last 6 months, although I always put it down to scar tissue/butchered muscles from the mx.  

poemsgalore

Katy, always knew Mark Twain had a drop of common sense.

JCJ, I reckon he is an arrogant *******
Tracey, this is part of his profile:

"Diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer and given weeks/months to live Oct. '07. Told by the first 4 consultants that there was nothing they could do - I was too far gone. Go home and prepare to die."

Whilst I'm glad he's survived for this long after a terminal dx, I wish he'd developed a bit of tolerance and understanding with it!!

I didn't personally find losing my breast traumatic. I wish I could lose the other one, it's a b****y nuisance. Anyway, still on the pi**ed off bench.

Off to onco on Tuesday with a long list of questions about itching. Is it the Anastrazole or something else. The itch seems to come from deep inside. I had wondered if it could be Vasculitis but although it can cause a rash, it doesn't say it's itchy. But then nobody but me had itchiness when I had Cellulitis!! So, I will come back after appointment and report from the itchy bench.
katytc

poems, think Mark Twain was correct stating, it is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubtSmiley Happy!!

woo hoo party tonight yahoo be dooby/booby! Tiara and knee highs at the ready, JCJ thank you for suggesting our virtual walk, will imagine walking again in Morecambe, always makes me smile!

Have had torrential rain here today, spent most of the day getting washing up to date, tumble drier being put to full use, hang the cost.................

Have just spotted exactly what you are writing JCJ, off to the "naughty"bench for youSmiley Wink xx

JCJ

Poems, When I was Dx with BC and fell apart, having lost a sister-in-law and, more recently, my sister and a neighbour to lung cancer, the BCN was quite stern with me. She said BC is a 'completely different thing to lung cancer' and yours is curable. So the chap, though insensitive and highly annoying, does have a point!

The trouble is that the very term 'cancer' puts the terrors into us, but it actually describes many many different conditions (and life expectancies!!) even within BC, never mind all the other types! You are right that any one of us with a BC dx could develop secondaries and that that will be a constant worry for all of us, but the survival rate statistics for BC are very good overall, especially for certain types. The really aggravating phrase "If you've got to have cancer, It's the best sort to have" does actually have some truth in it! Though NOBODY chooses to have cancer, obviously!!

Reading his remark, I wonder if he was trying, like my BCN, to calm the woman's worries and point out she had every chance of coming through it?? (Or he could just be an arrogant ****** who's got to be iller than everyone else - they do exist unfortunately - but not in Benchland! Smiley Happy)

I found it so helpful, when first dx to hear of people who'd had BC years ago and were still here and healthy!

GIJ, I hope you have cleaned up, the suit is not too scarred from it's adventures and the new chapel has come through undamaged?  sounds like htat wasn't a fun experience, but it was lucky you were there to salvage the situation?!

Katy - BEHAVE YOURSELF! Come with me on a virtual walk around Benchland - calling at the Lost Plottery shed for *supplies* en route! 🙂 - instead of galavanting about and making yourself poorly.  It's good that you felt well enough to want to go for a walk - and probably a good idea to get some fresh air - but take it steady!  As to checking your blood markers, I have everything crossed htat (haha including my typing fingers? Smiley Wink) they don't find any alarming changes. At least they are on the ball and monitoring you so they can start treatment quickly if necessary.

I'm nailing Catherine Wheels and Rockets (they spell F*** OFF CANCER in sparkles in the sky) to posts in Benchland ready for the bonfire party tonight. Alliburgers are cooking and there's gallons of hot spiced punch brewing in the JM.  I've started to make my mincemeat today. Mmmmmmmmm 🙂

tracyld

Hi Poems,
He obviously doesnt realise how traumatic it is for ladies to lose a breast. Does he think our Cancers are less significant to his own ? Where is his Cancer i wonder. He needs to realise that although BC is very treatable it is still a life changing illness. We will never ever be the same again , so I am sitting on the flabbergasted bench that a fellow Cancer sufferrer could be so cruel !!

Good night benchies xx love Tracy xxx
poemsgalore

I'm on the pi**ed off bench now, and here is why.  I found it on a different website. It's part of the response to a woman asking a question about BC, from a chap with a completelty different cancer. See what you think:

"breast cancer has one of the highest success rates of all cancers - most people (men can get it too, though rarely) are alive ten years later (more than 85% I think). It is generally more of a chronic condition that can be treated just like any other illness."

I was really angry about this, and this is what I said to him in a private post:

"with the greatest respect, I'm going to take issue with your comment that Breast cancer is a chronic condition that can be treated just like any other illness. Every breast cancer patient lives under a cloud. They may be cancer free for the time being, as I am. But it isn't like any other illness. If my breast cancer comes back, or worse still metastases into secondary (and ultimately terminal) cancer, I will know that it could kill me at any time from that point on. I know of many women (one a close friend) who is in this situation. They have repeated chemo regimes until their bodies cannot take any more. It can spread to the brain, the liver, the lungs or the bones. Yes, the majority do survive for 5 - 10 years, but it CAN ultimately be a killer. And we all have to live with that knowledge, and that fear. A situation that I am sure you are familiar with."

He still believes that what he said is true!!! I'd love to know what you think. 

katytc

Not blood pressure tests, blood marker tests, that's the worry.

Great news about car not too naughty.................

Oh POOH, sounds just awful Jane, hopefully fixed soon, how lucky was your friend??? 

It's all those Dame Grumpy moments in Benchland that have turned you into a superstarSmiley Wink!

Went for a little walk today, mmmmmmmm felt a bit sick, will need to stay in for a while yet received huge lecture from YD...............not told anyone else Smiley Embarassed!

Am munching peanut bars just now so tasty with a muggatea, kettle is calling, hope everyone is behaving or not??? xx

grumpy

Full house tonight AND they got all the jokes......

Then in to the pub for a relaxing debrief session.

Google Ambleside Players for reviews etc

love to all

grumpy

PS running out of spoons fast!!!

GIJaneH

Katy,  I hate to tell you this, but worrying is bad for your blood pressure!!!  Being kept an eye on is MUCh better than being ignored... even if it is worrying!!!!  I was advised to buy a machine to take BP at home (when it was up when I was pregnant) to avoid worry and "white coat syndrome"... you can get them from Boots (other bla bla)...

Grumpy - how's it GOING?

JCJ - back to earth yet?

A young lady I know had her car squashed by a falling tree, but was OK (she WAS in it at the time!)  Other than that, the storm seems to have been "much ado about nothing" here.... though we were without power for a morning...

Our lovely new chapel was flooded on Sunday afternoon.... sluice blocked two floors up.... that overflowed to the floor above, where they're doing building work, so no builders were in Sat/Sun to notice the increasing depth of (brown, smelly) water.... it poured through to us (and a few other places too).  Fortunately I was in to take a memorial service, so could put buckets/waste paper bins out to catch the worst of it.... and, equally fortunately, the service was elsewhere....  Ended up mopping it all up afterward with packets of paper towels.... worried in case the new wood flooring lifted.  Two moslems stopped to help (passing to the prayer room) which was lovely.  It all dripped in my hair, on my best (dry clean only) suit...  we were due out to a Ruby Wedding tea party... they knew we'd be late, but we were very late, as I couldn't go without having a shower and complete change!

Got a friend coming tonight who's got to the final 5 in the Daily Mail's Inspirational Women competition - looking forward to hearing all about it! 

JCJ

"Keeping an eye on you" is infinitely better than telling you to go away, but I agree that "Don't worry" is advice that is nigh on impossible to follow! You need your blood pressure monitored - don't want to be fainting and breaking anything else??!

Garage just rung: Good news: car done. MOT passed. Service done. "Only" £164.

Bad news: front wheel bearing noisy - cost: £136. "Don't need to do it NOW, but within the next month." Told them to go ahead, while they've got it. It's a pain in the behind trying to get it to the garage when I'm at work. Also, pay day today and I'm not going to be feeling any more like forking out for it as we get nearer to that season that can't be mentioned yet! 😐

So I've got a few more hours before I need to fetch it. Really should get off the CBA bench and plant those tubs; it stopped raining hours ago and will be dark soon!

Hope the show going well, Grumpy, to rave reviews? 🙂 

grumpy

On the Cream Crackered Bench (the sofa in front of the fire, snuggled up in a blanket) - THREE more performances to go........

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

grumpy

katytc

hope all goes well with the car and she behaves for you.............you just wait for the call, stomach churning, cause can be so expensiveSmiley Sad! so fingers crossed!

had a call from doc practice and doc said they had had a meeting about meSmiley Sad, said they will keep a close eye on me and to come in on mon, will be monitored for the next wee while, said please do not worry, just want to make sure everything is ok, will check to see if any blood changes first............mmmmmmmmmmm, don't worry who's kidding who????? xx

JCJ

Grrrrrr! Smiley Mad Just had my annual argument with Roadside Accident (Cars) recovery person, over the phone, about the renewal cost. Thoroughly ****ed off that new customers get all the bargains and loyalty is no longer rewarded (in ANYTHING, never mind customer services??) these days. He kept banging on about 'number of call outs', yet in 8 years joint membership I think we've only called them out 3 times - none of those being in the last 12 months!  I was on the FF bench for a while, but he did match the price for new members with their major competitor (even if that was still £2 dearer than their OWN new member price!) Saved me £30, but not sure it's worth the agravation!

Car is currently at the car doctor having it's MOT and service, (fingers crossed!) so I was on a bus at half past 9 this morning, coming back from the garage! It now feels like it should be tea-time never mind only elevenses time!

I was going to plant my tubs with the cyclamen, primula and pansies I bought at the weekend, but it's persisting down now. Oh dear. I'll have to have a sit down with another mug of coffee instead. Gutted! Smiley Wink

Thought about getting a costume for halloween, in case any of the local kids call trick or treating, but decided I didn't need one! 🙂  Are we having a Benchland/DDWoods bonfire party again this year? Shall I get some giant sparklers for the weekend?

I hope you are not feeling too miserable/sore Katy, (or anyone still undergoing treatment!)

katytc

Smiley LOL, feel as though i'm breaking everything for you grumpySmiley LOL!

seriously hope all went well!

what a treat indeed JCJ! you are living the "high" life! lovely dovely fun!

Ali, how fabulous, enjoy your day!

just started raining here and it's pretty breezy brrrrrrrrrrr! just had a lovely gift delivered, basket of food from local butcher, beats flowers hahaha, will have to wait till YD comes home so i can unwrap it allSmiley Happy!

just had a long nap...............so still on the "feeling snoozy" bench!

had a letter yesterday explaining some of the exercises i should be doing one is called the PENDULUM, had horrific images of me trying to swing my arm around, even the thought was making me feel nauseousSmiley LOL! nurse showed me what to do............. tiny little movements Whew! xx

JCJ

Hope your show went well, Grumpy, with no ACTUAL broken legs! 😛 I thought of you while we were watching an amateur production of A Street Car Named Desire last night.

Had a lovely day: walked on a beach - only rained for 15 mins and then the sun came out. Picnic lunch. Potter around YD's favourite 2nd hand shop. Dinner in Bella Italia (nom!) Then theatre.

Now eating croissants in bed. LOVE this "Room only" hotel because, although they don't do cooked meals, they provide a veritable feast of goodies for breakfasting in your room.....and a fridge to keep it in!!

Travelling home today. Let's hope there are fewer delays!

Hugs and cake, Katy. Thinking of you. x
Ali_H

Good job you've got us for company Katy... How did it go Grumpy?? How are the **bleep**s? All used up??
I'm in London ticking something off my 'effoff cancer' bucket list... Saw an American blues band last night at the Royal Albert Hall. Have wanted to see them for ages but they don't visit the UK much. Fabulous! Off to the V and A today 😄
grumpy

and pills for backache - check

busy busy busy grumpy

grumpy

FIRST NIGHT....

Floats for FoH and Bar - check

Camomile teabags and dcc cookies for props - check

Sellotape and sewing kit for emergency repairs - check

Extra **bleep**s for stress - check

Pills for headaches - check

Phone line mended - check

WISH US LUCK/BROKEN LEGS ETC

grumpy - on luvvie mode

katytc

whew thank goodness all ok, just some delays, no electricity, well we can live with thatSmiley Happy!

had my virtual appointment..............told me wrong details then phoned back and apologised for errors most profuselySmiley Frustrated! was asked if i could come up asap but yesterday had no energy whatsoever, so am going this afternoon to have a proper sling, splint and learn some exercises, will have splint etc for 6 weeks, not that bothered about that it's just being stuck at home cause i can't push my chariot...............so will be sitting on the "sad" bench for quite a bitSmiley Frustrated!

ooooooh staying in a hotel JCJ, what fun, afternoon tea perhaps? xx

JCJ

3 hour delay with trains. Nothing to do with weather - broken down freight train stopped any others getting past. had to re-route us so we ended up going back through our village on train. All connections delayed - london bound trains stuck and congesting stations. Eventually got here 5.30pm. YD taken day off work. What a waste!
Had a lovely meal out & YD insisted on paying. Now in lovely quiet (apart from OH fidgeting!) Hotel room with FREE wifi! 🙂
foxyferret

Quite a night and day here.  All the fields around are flooded but not the roads thank goodness.  The council has removed the tree that fell across the end of the road and the electric was off for about 4 hours.

Fortunately no damage was done to vehicles, property or persons by the tree falling.  Could have been a lot worse.

Hope your journey wasn't too bad JCJ.  I know what you mean about the time change once it get dark now I keep thinking it's much later than it really is.  

Muggatea now and off to bed,  I was awoken by the wind last night about 5am and didn't sleep much after that so early night tonight.

grumpy

Floods in Benchland - oh no!!!! I've left the washing out.....

grumpy

poemsgalore

Well, I hope all are safe and well after the 'storm of the century'! Here on the Notts/Derbys border it was the biggest non-event ever. Quite heavy rain for most of the morning, with a little wind. Not enough to keep us in!! Wet and windy seems to describe me at the moment. I can burp for England every time I even have a drink of water.

Jen, I bet you are very relieved that your son got off safely and is near his destination. 

Katy, sorry you are feeling very ouchy and have a smurflike shoulder. Hope your muggatea revived you a little.

Are there any floods in the Land of Bench?? Hope not, I left my cushion on the Jittery Bench and it was one of my favourites. Woman Embarassed

jenanne

The worst of the rain passed over here during the night - this morning all was  calm!  My son was supposed to leave for Heathrow at 3 a.m. but set off at 2 instead, as one of the Severn Bridge crossings had already been closed. His plane left this morning on time and is now somewhere near the Canadian border!  I've been watching its progress on the Flight tracker site.
Hope you got to Norwich OK, JCJ. Cwtch up warm Katy!

katytc

hopefully storm has missed everyone!

still can't concentrate on anythingSmiley Frustrated, but will read all posts at a later date..........

a drop in blood pressure seems to be reason for faint have a bump on side of face, one on top of my head and ofcourse shoulder is now a lovely shade of blue. it's very ouchySmiley Sad

am having a virtual appointment in a short while from ortho dept, that's a first..........

muggatea and a wee lie down, hope everyone else is ok, thinking of you allSmiley Happyxx

grumpy

OK so there's a Big Storm on it's way......

Ooop North there has been a rather unnerving total lack of wind for 12 hours and I'm getting very twitchy.

Millie couldn't care less, she just wants her food and walks

grumpy

JCJ

Fingers crossed that the trains are running tomorrow - hurricane permitting, we are off to visit YD & GF in Norwich. No trains running before 9am, apparently, but hopefully by 10.52 we should be ok???!

Really struggling to keep hold of the plot today. Completely discombobulated by clock going back. Can I go to bed yet?

jenanne

Thanks also to you, FF, and to all who did the play!  Kath (Poems), I enjoyed reading 'Wuthering Heights' - a touch of Mr. Poe there!   Changed my avatar to a skyscraper as my son is off to the U.S. tomorrow for three months, staying near Boston. I'll have the house all to myself. 

GIJaneH

Phew!  I've been away and it's just taken me AGES to catch up with whatever-eth happenedeth (still lost the plot, but never mind....)

Katy - how VERY grim!  Lots of pain killers.... what cause the faint.... do you know yet?  Broken anything is ouchy ouch ouch....  BIG (gentle) hug, lots of extra spoons and scones (without butter!) or cakes or whatever takes your fancy...

Hello everyone!  Hope we all survive in our Arks, and the storms of the next few days cause no chaos/havoc/problems....

God bless.... Jane xx

poemsgalore

Sending hugs to all those feeling

(a) ill.

(b) tired

(c) needing to rant

(d) anything at all (I like hugs)

As it is reaching the time of year when we hear the distant ring of jingle bells (love kris moose) I decided to put my little Robin photo up. His name is Red!!

Re butter, even I can't eat a whole packet - honest Woman Wink but I had more good news today. Youngest son has a new job, driving a fork lift truck. I've always wanted to do that since I was a teenager about 100 years ago. Eldest son used to do it.when younger. He's a boss man now. Heart

RevCat

ooh nooo, poor you Katy - rest up and let DD (darling daughter) care for you.  Hope you are feeling much better soon.  big hugs and lots of comestibles.

JCJ

hehehe feret racing! I bet they weren't on skates though?  but in a *swimming pool*??? That I've GOT to see! 😛

I didn't pay that price for the knitting book. I paid a very bargainous £5 to The Book People - or one of the other discount book companies that deliver catalogues to school staff rooms on a regular basis!

TLC stands for Tea and Lots of Cake?! 😄

foxyferret

Oh, Katy no......how awful.  Glad that you weren't kept in hospital though.  Sending tea, sympathy, and very gentle hugs.  And lots of cake of course.

JCJ - love that moose.  I was in our local garden centre yesterday and picked up that very knitting book to have a look and to see if there was a camel. Enjoy half term, as will I.

I saw a poster in a local shop this week, advertising a fund-raising event for our swiming pool, which made me smile.  They are having a ferret racing night.Smiley Happy

Many thanks to Jen for the medieval mystery.  Ladye Agatha did indeed run off with the circus as she took a great fancy to the lion tamer.

JCJ

Katy, broken clavicle ouchy ouchy! Smiley Sad Tests all fine: TFFT!! Smiley Happy

Of course you've shed some tears - you're poor old bod has been through so much, and you are in shock. (hahaha I accidentally typed 'sone' tears which tablet corrected to 'scone' tears.....NOW that would be excellent - pass the cream & jam please?!)

I hope your daughter is looking after you with TLC. Gentle hugs.

Kay, I've replied to your PM! (Email system alerting me to a PM now seems to be working again! 🙂 )

katytc

Thank you soooooooooooo much girls, that bench def sounds the business JCJ, only allowed out of hos because YD is home broken clavicle, all tests fine, still terribly upset and bursting into tears at the drop of a hat...................will catch up with all the gossip soon hopefully, thank you again for thinking of me, means a lot, a HUGE lot xx

JCJ

Kay, Kris, Ellie elephant & Marty monkey all came from this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Knitted-Wild-Animals-Sarah-Keen/dp/1861086709

But I can copy and email you the moose pattern if you want? PM me  with email address if you'd like me to do that.

Welcome madjock. Moan away and then share some virtual delicacies and lots of laughs with us. Hugs.

Madjock

Hi ladies

I’m just on for a moan, no-one else to moan to. Got a stinking rotten head cold and I have now resorted to the good old-fashioned Scottish remedy – whisky. Won’t make the cold any better but hopefully I won’t care and I should get a night’s sleep without coughing. This is the first time I’ve had any illness since chemo over a year ago, and I’m out of touch with feeling unwell. It’s only 9 pm and I’m going to bed as I feel so bad – I know it’s only a head cold but I’m tired. Been busy all week cleaning and clearing things out.

Taking a lot of the things my OH wouldn’t part with over to his brother next week, 3 hr drive, so hopefully I will be much better by then. Why do men squirrel things away – I never knew there was that much junk in this house until I started to clear out after OH died. I could nearly furnish another house with the things he thought might be useful at some point. As for tools, don’t get me started! Might try and get his brother to come and collect the next load as I certainly won’t get it all in my little car.

Ladies have a wonderful evening and bless you all for being there – Think I’ve had enough strong liquor, I’m out of practice. Good night, sleep well .

Maggie

Kayteeb53

Love Kris Moose JCJ. Is the pattern on line? Am knitting football hats for the GSs for Xmas at the moment but the little one really wants something I have made.
K x
JCJ

The latest edition to the knitted menagerie. Meet (merry) Kris Moose (can't call him Chris - too confusing!) 😛

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/808i9E0313C5008F29AD

JCJ

I am erecting a new bench. It is the "Will the sh*t please leave Katy alone, she's had ENOUGH!" bench. We will all gather round and sing silly songs to cheer you up - FF can you oblige on the keyboard to keep us (almost) in tune?

Was the fainting perhaps a reaction to the strong pain killers you have been on?  Keeping everything crossed that they find out what's going on and you can start to get back to normal....... well not normal, obviously, but you know what I mean! 😛

Poems, we NEED fat in our diet - just in moderation. So enjoy that butter, but don't eat the whole packet! 😄

I am sooooo tired. Half term holiday, at last, with 9 "no get ups" now though, so hopefully I shall recover soon.

grumpy

Oh Katy that all sounds about 9.75 on the Grim Experience scale....

Anyhow the play is 'A Distant Plateau' and I'm not actually IN it, I'm just the backstage bossy cow - and you all know how well I can do that!!!! Google Ambleside Players and there is more info.

Snot report: blood tests and new a/b's so Millie is wearing a fetching tuft of cottonwool(NO glitter) attached to her front leg.

And it still pisseth down in Lakeland (the place, not the shop)

grumpy (and damp)

benedictus

Been absent fishing for neuts for some time, then once I found some I was hit by chemo no. 4 so simply couldn't fathom a way into the intricacies of the recent showstopper, but just had to send a very large virtual hug to Katy.  Hope all the tests have gone well and that simple answers have been found.

Love to all other Benchies xxx

poemsgalore

Thanks JCJ,

I've bought a cushion for the jittery bench to save me poor old bum and hips. Beverages and comestibles sound lovely, calorie free or not. Best news I've had this week is that butter is not bad for you, in fact fat in general isn't as awful as they've been making out. Phew, the amount of butter I've put away these last few weeks was starting to worry me, now I can eat it with a clear conscience.

Mandy, glad you're doing ok.

Katy, also sending hugs. 

Kath xx

jenanne

Katy, thinking of you. x 

Kayteeb53

Oh bless you Katy. Don't wonder you are upset. Sending you loads of hugs and so hope the tests show what is wrong.
Look after yourself x