71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Ali_H

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Following on from my realisation that triggers for my tam flushes are food, drink and breathing I've given some thought to the major but frequently overlooked ADVANTAGES of tam (apart of course from the whole BC thing)
1) no need to change to a winter weight quilt. Actually no need for a quilt, a nice empty quilt cover is all I need for approx half the night
2) for the other half of the night when I'm freezy cold the immense body heat coming from hubby's feet is enough to trigger my own central heating
3) the rosy faced, sweaty look means my yoga teacher is impressed by the amount of effort she thinks I'm putting in to her lessons
4) umm......ermm.....well, that's it really...l
JCJ

On the feeling cr*p bench tonight. Not going swimming. 😞   Got the cough lurg, and what with that, hot flushes, windy Tapoxyfen stomach and OH snoring last couple of nights, I am much sleep deprived!

Day at work.............it was so hard to be patient with the children! Then I met some ex-colleagues (now retired GRRRR) at a garden centre near school, after work. Home. Cook and eat dinner - my "lazy ar*e lasagne" (which is actually macaroni, home made bolognese sauce and cream cheese bodged together in a casserole with mature chedder on the top and browned in the oven. Tastes just like lasagne but cooks in about 1/3 of the time!!) Yumm.  Going to bed very soon.

FF I got that dizzy feeling - put it down to being anaemic, because iron meds did seem to help. It's a similar sensation when you first wear varifocals - were you doing cross stitch AND watching telly at the same time? The focussing up and down may have caused it? Or as Katy said, a trapped nerve or something in your neck. 

I can recommend this product http://www.micksgarage.com/proddetails.aspx?pid=209393

(Not necessarily from this website - I bought it in a very well known large (orange and black uniform/logo!) car parts store!)  You spray it all over the car, especially the fabrics, and it does kill the bacteria and therefore the smell. We used it when ES had a similar accident with milk in his car. Needed a few applications but it did the trick eventually. I also used it successfully on a car that had a leaky sunroof, so the inside smelt permanently of stagnant water. Or, a bit more expensive, (but cheaper by far than a new carpet!) take it to a  garage and ask them to put one of their anit-bacterial aerosols in. ATS did mine when they re-gassed the air-con as the car smelt sweaty every time I used the air con. They closed the car up and set this thing off inside like a slow release bomb. It worked! 

foxyferret

Katy - give yourself a round of applause!  You may have hit the nail on the head about a neck problem.  I have got pain/discomfort at the back of my neck from doing all the cross stitch and constantly looking down.

I only thought ears, eyes or brain so it's good to know that necks can be a problem.  I shall stop doing the cross stitch and see what happens.

Also, it never occurred to me that I could claim on the insurance for the car.  I will think about that.  For now however, the offending piece of carpet is being removed tomorrow and I shall wash it and wash it and hope to put it back at some point.  At least in this weather there is no smell yet.

I really hope that your blood test comes back with something that is easily fixable and that you start to feel better soon. 

katytc

Oh  FF that just sounds awfulSmiley Sad! Excellent that your washing machine is fixed though, my daughter spilt milk on the floor just behind the driver's seat, we tried everything to erase the smell cause it also had gone right through, nothing worked. This happened one summer fortunately she could open her windows, she didn't want to claim on her insurance, waited around 6 months and bought a new car. She was also told the only way to get rid of the smell was to clean flooring underneath and replace the carpet. Such a bother and oh so smelly so there's not much choiceSmiley Frustrated! About the spinning if it's not an ear problem, it maybe an arthritic problem (neck), my MIL had that, every so often she would feel as though the room was spinning, very, very dizzy. Perhaps there is a bug going around? Both daughters had labrinthytis at different times but that causes terrible dizziness and they were very unstable on their feet. Fingers crossed that it's just one of those things and clears up quickly, what a ghastly week for you, big hugs.

Ouchy, ouchy grumpy, have seen lots of doggie coats in the shops recently and always think of Millie, has she any new ones this year??

JCJ, good that OH is feeling fine, it's a lot to take on board, just take each day as it comes and try not to think about things too hard, know much easier said than done........but you know what I mean.

Had my fasting blood tests and my flu jab this morning, will get my results late next week, have been feeling so awful recently, crazy to say but I hope it is that and things get sorted cause there is def something not rightSmiley Frustrated! Feeling very apprehensive cause what does happen if it's not??? at the moment I literally cannot face anymore investigationsSmiley Sad!

As the say tomorrow is another daySmiley Happy!

ED and GD just popped in, coming back later, I'd cooked some sausages and asked GD if she wanted one, she said "yes please Nanny" gave her the sausage massive thank you, hug and the biggest smile ever, aaaaaaah the smallest things, she's made my day xx

foxyferret

Is there a rewind button anywhere?  I really could do with erasing this last week and reliving it differently.

Firstly, the washing machine decided to flood the kitchen.  Mopping up took forever but son-in-law fixed the machine so that's all ok now.

Secondly, four pints of milk spilt themselves all over the rear footwell of the car. Mopping that up took longer than forever and I suspect (no, I know) that the only solution to that is to remove the carpet.

Thirdly, I seem to have developed vertigo.  I was sitting quietly watching TV when the whole room went spinning.  Scared the living daylights out of me!  I've been to the docs.."ears ok...brain ok..come back if it happens again".  It hasn't yet but every now and then I feel a bit "off".  It is so very difficult to describe 

(possibly like having just that little bit too much to drink?)

On the positive side though, most of the seasonal shopping is done, only my son and daughter left, the two "difficult" ones. I don't need to make cakes or puddings as I eat out for two days!

Firmly on the CBA bench today.  Still in 'jamas and dressing gown!

grumpy

Just got in from a Parish Council meeting, on behalf of the Residents Assn - why oh why do I put myself through it!!! Oh I know - it's cos I'm a nosey cow....

Last night I spent TWO HOURS removing velcro (which sticks to jumpers) from coats and replacing it with heavy duty poppers purchased off t'internet. Two bruised fingers and one bruised thumb later, job was done - can I borrow your OH next time please???

grumpy

JCJ

OH appears to be fine still, apart from his shaky hand, which doesn't seem to bother him half as much as it does me!! He's still not taking the tablets, and I can't really blame him!! (After all, who was the one who played the "quality not quantity of life" card when chemo was offered???!)

The other day, I was really struggling to put the safety eyes on a knitted rat; It's a really fiddly job that needs a lot of force with the fingers - pressing a tiny tight-fitting plastic cone over a tiny plastic screw thread. I was getting cross & frustrated with it....OH had a go and did it straight away. So much for PD…..made me feel properly pathetic (but also pleased that he could do it! I'm dreading the day when he needs to ask me for help, because he will hate it so much!)
katytc

Think Mike Tyson is oh so heavy but Henry Cooper is fab, you would need to check though that it specifically picks up dog hairs, just have a small hoover now as all floors are woodenSmiley Happy!

Had a chicken stir fry for tea, it was ok, yours sounds nicer grumpy! Tonight it's mac and cheese, easy and tastySmiley Happy!

YD's freeview box has not been working for around 6 months so she just watches programmes on the laptop, went into a charity shop yesterday and spotted a very fancy one, cost £5, woo hoo brought it home plugged it in and it works brilliantly soooooooooooo pleasedSmiley LOL! What a bargain!

Tidying all done, ironing not done (also stays in the dark, dark cupboard).

Going to plonk myself down on the "tired" bench near the "not doing anything else today" bench.

Have reserved lots of new books from library, will keep me going for monthsSmiley Happy!

How is your OH now JCJ? Is he taking the tablets? xx

JCJ

My son swears by his vacuum - rhymes with Mike Tyson!! 😛 for shifting cat hairs. His is an upright so quite heavy, but you can get cylinder versions - though they not be such powerful suckers??? I have the red one with a face on . think of another boxer ....... Cooper! Which is light and easy to use but I don't have hairy pets!

grumpy

Does anyone have recommendation for a lightweight vacuum that is good for doghairs?

My hefty hoover has gone to a new home cos I couldn't lift it, weak shoulders due to surgery blah de blah, and I am making do with a little granny's vacuum at the moment.

i suppose it had better be PM so as not to upset the Mods.....

Just eaten baked salmon with herby crust, new pot, vegs and butter sauce - yummity yum.

grumpy

JCJ

I'm on the multi-tasking bench! Just discovered 'words with friends' the same day YD did. Now playing 2 games at once - (other one with ESis!) - whilst catching up on here AND cooking dinner. Spoons rapidly diminishing!!

katytc

Going to join you grumpy hoover has been dragged from the dark, dark cupboard, woo hoo job done!

Still all frozen outside even though it's sunny, even the waterway has frozen bits, brrrrrrrrrr!

Went to chippie last night so have done NO cooking over the weekend, everything seems such an effortSmiley Wink! Spent most of the time sleeping so am now obviously trying to break the sleeping recordSmiley Frustrated! Have had a couple of super, duper hot flushes recently why do you never get them when you are freezing cold???

Collarbone is def much better whew! Not nearly as painful and I can wear jumpers etc cause I can pull over my head now. My big winter coat has been great cause I can shut it and wear sling over the top so can keep cosy!

ED did her X shopping on Sat and said she saw something and thought immediately of me........mmmmmmmmm what is it??? Should I quiz GD??? Better go and sit on the "bad nanny" bench xx

That's 2 and 1/2 years taking ta"poxyen" only another 2 and 1/2 to goSmiley Happy!

PS Can't face ironing yet?? Tomorrow is another day!

grumpy

Quick Snot Update - both noses now clean and tidy, altho' Millie does the pathetic little cough now and again to get some attention (and gravy bone biscuits)

I have cleaned nearly ALL my house today so spending the evening on the Virtuous Bench....

grumpy

poemsgalore

No cooking or baking for me. My DIL does all that. No cards written yet. I have one more birthday to sort out at the beginning of December. As for grandkids, they're all grown up so it'll be money. So as well as writing cards, I have to sign cheques!! I hate signing cheques, as I'm convinced I'll do something wrong and they won't be able to get the money in their accounts.

So cold here, I'm wearing my 3 shades of grey shawl. to keep warm.

katytc

cakes done woo hoo not mine JCJ's hee hee!

trying hard to stay away from the "CBA" bench, had a little saunter, bought a cake so am about to have a muggatea and a tasty bit yum yum! no cooking last night had a curry so much eaten, so was well worth it!

Very hard frost here this morning and gee whizzzzzzzzzz very cold.................xx

JCJ

I've installed a Card writing bench for you, Kay, it's got pens, beverages, cake (of course!) and one of those wet pads they have in PO, so you don't need to lick envelopes! Thanks for the kitchen info. I'm thinking I might save hard and treat us for our birthdays in April. OH won't be impressed, but I'll work on him! 🙂

Christmas cakes made and in oven. Just licked the bowl clean. Shhhhlot of brandy in it. Hic!! 🙂
Kayteeb53

Aargh! I don't have a kitchen to bake in and the dining room is still full of bits of kitchen stuff so no dining table (it's piled in the conservatory together with the stuff from my kitchen and the rest of the dining room) to write cards on - can we please put back Christmas for a couple of weeks!
katytc

Happy Anniversary AliSmiley Happy your family will look so cute with your pixie slippers and bells, add the camels and that is a WOWEE surpassing all!!

Oh JCJ letters are horrid, your stomach always flips, you will need to give BCN a phone so you know what's happening, set your mind at rest. I am showing off hee hee but I don't DO cake making so I'm not that smart!! I don't know anyone who has deficiency so thank you for your info, if it's not that and blood tests were a fluke I will assume it's all the meds.

Now my turn to be green, feel quite envious of your walk grumpy, breakfast at Rita's was lovely, hope you are ok, has all your snottiness now gone??

Oh no ch, that's not good, hopefully you are not in pain.

Well another sunny day here, really beautiful but extremely cold, am on the "good girl" bench, house half tidied and bedding washed alreadySmiley Happy, buzzing around now so I can have a nap later, so there is method in my madness!! That hoover is still trapped in the dark, dark cupboard, it's not getting out................simply not happening xx

ch280

Hello all, 

I am turning green at the thought that some cards are all written and stamped ready for the post.  I am gradually getting myself organised and have certainly made a start on present buying and cake making  but the cards - that is another matter entirely!  on the fed up bench today - the morning started off badly with my computer crashing in spectaculat fashion - I have lost everything although I have got some things backed up on an external hard drive which I had intended to back up the c drive on regularly - but it must be over a year since I last did it.  therefore, much info is gone. Spent the day re-creating the christmas greetings insert for the Church mag (boxes of greetings in exchange for charity donation) Then to round the day off I finished eating my tea and was aware that there was only half a tooth where a whole one used to be!  no pain fortunately but  it feels as if the other half is in my throat, not painful but an irritation! Thought I'd done with the dentist for this year but will need to make an appointment on Monday. 

grumpy

Oh what a beautiful morning!!! and the rest of the day.... so took Our Millie to - wait for it - to Morecambe for a walk along the prom and a cuppa at Rita's Cafe!!! Felt quite sentimental - aaah.

Civic Trust AGM this evening, will be a tad boring, but drinks in the pub afterwards is good fun.

Christmas??? What's that??? This house doesn't do cards and presents any more, so I send a nice cheque to my friend Ruth who is a medical missionary in Zambia for the local children to have a nice time. Bless them, it doesn't take much - a teddy and a scarf to play Mum and Baby, a football and a pair of shorts to pretend being Beckham, some nice soap/body lotion for the parents, and job's sorted.

hope everyone is getting appts/pains/vit deficiency sorted out - I am waiting for a letter from the clinic so I am a bit preoccupied at the moment.

grumpy

JCJ

I hope you remembered to get some of those pixie slippers for the camels, Ali? Dink'll love them. Smiley Tongue

Ali_H

I'm refusing to feel guilty that you're all making and writing cards and ahead with your baking and Christmas shopping and Im lagging way behind!! I've been looking at the Christmas lights, thinking "ah....pretty..." without actually connecting to the fact that it's now a matter of weeks away! I've had a lovely short break in Manchester with long-suffering husband (to celebrate our wedding anniversary, must stop boring people with that now!) and there was a Christmas street market. I've bought us some lovely felted wool slippers made into proper turn-up-at-the-toes pixie shape, complete with little bells! A good start I think 🙂
JCJ

Now you are showing off, Katy! Smiley Wink

Enjoyed waking up naturally this morning BEFORE my alarm (set 1 and 1/2hrs later than normal! :))  Felt really guilty sitting about drinking tea when I should have been teaching Y5/6!  Penultimate jabbing done - but is it?? Just realised that my onc appointment is in June; expecting to end Zoladex in May - ie last implant in February, but won't have seen onc to find out whether to stop!! Bit unsure how to proceed there!

Had the **** scared out of me this morning! Smiley Mad  Letter from NHS. These ALWAYS put me in a tizz. This one started "unfortunately..." What? WHAT??? "we have to alter the time of your appointment with Dr .... to 3.30pm on June 16th 1014".  IS THAT ALL?  WAS THAT NECESSARY? Appointment was at 3.20pm, 16th June anyway! They have already sent me a letter to change the doctor.  It's SEVEN MONTHS away. It could change again by then! Have they any idea at all what goes on in our heads after a BC dx?? Grrrr

Katy, talking to my (new, temporary) HT this morning (felt I had to explain why I was late) and he says he has 3-monthly injections that 'keep him alive' too! Vitamin B12 injections!!  I immediately thought of you. What a co-incidence?!  He said he was soooooo ill: couldn't even get upstairs, barely knew his own name, and they thought he was a goner. This was 12 years ago and, honestly, he looks the picture of health now. Plays golf regularly and seems to manage to trot around school OK, and bob off on holidays!  He retired from another HT post and is helping us out short-term, so I guess he must be at least in his late 60s if not older. Just thought you might like to know that! 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm going to make my Christmas cake tomorrow! 🙂

katytc

JCJ all cards also have stamps on themSmiley Happy so just have to pop them in the box, "organised Annie" that's meSmiley Wink! Hope you enjoyed your long lieSmiley Happy!

ST lovely to hear from you and even better that you are having fun! Jan not too far away but far enough nothing much you can do with PS having a broken leg!

Well, had assistance on the trains which was excellent but why o why do passengers cram and push to get on the train??? It really bugs me that they cannot wait until people get off the train, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I was standing with my chariot waiting to get off and the guy that was helping couldn't get the ramp down cause the twits were all pushing and shoving, so so ignorantSmiley Frustrated! It's one of my pet hates..............

So def have Burning Mouth Syndrome and oral thrush, mmmmmmmmm, been so lucky this year, haha! Still have to wait about the B12 so it maybe that or peripheral neuropathy (spine issues and brain signals) already have pn elsewhere. New drug may help. 

Away to try and find the "lucky" bench.................xx

supertrouper

Just thought I would stop by and see how everyone is doing.  Will have to do some serious reading of past posts to catch up with you lot.  So how about a quick catch up - in one sentence - how are you?  My sentence would be "getting on with life and enjoying myself"  my reconstruction still needs work doing on it but my PS is off sick with a broken leg so it will be 2014 before anything else gets done.  xx

JCJ

Aaaaaghhhh! Katy! You've *written* all your cards??? I make all mine - and so far I've not made a single one. Smiley Frustrated Now I'm panicking!!

I'm looking forward to a lie in tomorrow - on a school day too! Smiley Happy- Zoladex injection booked for 10am. No point in going to school for 8.20, kids come in at 8.50 and I'd have to leave at 9.30, so we've swapped about (teacher I should cover on a Friday am had to go to the dentist on Mon am, so I covered her class then - or would have done if I hadn't have ended up elsewhere due to rampant lurg amongst the staff!!) so I'm going in straight from docs. Feels really wicked! 😛  I've earned it though: Out of uniform day today to raise money for school funds, and the triplets' mother thought it appropriate to send them in animal onesies!! 😞 It's been like working in a *****y zoo today!! Aaaarghhhh!!!!

Right! Off for my swim. Get rid of some of this STRESS!

katytc

Think everyone's marbles are all mixed up cause I found some but brain is NOT improving sooooooooo will have to search some more.....................yum yum choc cake.........

Have been sooooooooooo bad today, was in my jammies until 4 o clock, am all dressed and showered now but it soon will be time to put my jams back on againSmiley Embarassed!

Aaaaaah poems hope itchy stops soon nothing worse!

My alarm clock was going off for 40 mins before I heard it this morning, it's ridiculous, will have to pinch YD's clock and have two.

Hos appt tomorrow this one a train journey, have booked assistance makes things soooooooo much easier, woo hoo xx

PS on the "smug" bench wrote out all my X cards today and one present to buy now, have bought all sweetie stocking fillers, oh so organised!

JCJ

Lost plottery shed this way, Grumpy  ------->

I've put some chocolate cake in there...should help you sniff it out? Smiley Wink

Here are some marbles I found earlier, that don't appear to belong to me! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

grumpy

Will have to spend this evening on the Lost Marbles Bench - went out for a meeting at 7pm, and found everywhere shut up....... that plus the jim-jams scenario on Monday has convinced me that i need to have a good rummage in the Lost Plottery Shed.

Ermmm - where IS the LP Shed????

a very confused grumpy

poemsgalore

Hi,

Thought I'd pop in for one of my intermittent visits to let you know I might be able to move off the itchy bench soon. I stopped a nasty stroll on bonfire night, one week later, still quite itchy. I stopped AdcalD3, itching got lesser. I started taking 2 anti histamines instead of one. Itching practically gone apart from the odd bit now and then. Got my Tapoxyfen today, but won't start them until 3rd December when 4 week amnesty is over. 10th December is first mammo. Got a question for my BCN if I can pin her down!! Original DX was ductal invasive (NST). Just seen a printout for the first time and it says ductal/lobular!! What's all that about then? I shall stamp my foot and scweem and scweem 'til I'm thick - no, I mean sick! Until I get answers. Point me to the pi**ed off bench quick!!

Oh, I'm also showing off my new photo with hair.

katytc

Hee hee!! Nothing wrong with BIG pantsSmiley Wink!

All went well today, have to double the dose of new meds so see how that works, if not there is some other new drug??? Will just have to wait and see................

Have to wait for blood tests regarding the B12 so won't know anything for another few weeks, Dec sometime whew!!

Rainy freezing cold day brrrrrrrr having macaroni for tea tonight, good comfort food, yum and some chocolate yum and maybe more chocolate yum xx

JCJ

Sounds to me like you are like me, Katy, and cry at the drop of ANYTHING - never mind a hat- when you are tired?!  Hopefully, these Hosp appts will sort you out with meds to fix the anaemia, if that's what it is. I'll keep everything crossed that it all goes ok.

Man came out to survey for cavity & loft insulation this am, while I was at work. I've just seen the quote and it includes a water tank jacket. OMG!! I hope he didn't look in the airing cupboard! I forgot he might and the weekend washing was 'finishing off drying' on the tank: ie it was *festooned* with underwear (and none of it dainty think Bridget Jones' Diary: "big pants"!!) Smiley Embarassed Glad I won't be here when the installers come. *red face*!!

katytc

Haha grumpy that indeed would be a sight to behold, red faced, in your jammies and steam coming from your ears!

Hot flushes mmmmmm mine seem to come and go in phases minimal for a few weeks then crazy for a few, simply cannot work it out..............

FF how lucky, I'm wearing the 40 jumpers and have heating on, thick frost this morning!

JCJ, that's just fab that your OH has told your children such a big relief for you, hard keeping eveything to yourself. You had a superly busy day and you have had a lot of pressure no wonder you are tired!!

Yep that's what is happening for Xmas Day, sounds awful but it's not the dinner etc, it's the length of time everyone stays..........GUILT again! 

Ali, glad you had your "happy" time with sonSmiley Happy!

Start hos appointments tomorrow, Mum has just come around and left me some pennies with the order to get taxis everywhere, more tears, really have to calm myself down xx

JCJ

Hahaha Ali. I hope Dink wears her pink jumper and mascara (see my album anyone who hasn't seen Dink in her finery!)Then she'd be bound to win!! Smiley Very Happy

Ali_H

Evening all 🙂
I've had a lovely weekend with my son, he went happily back to uni last night until he's home for Christmas, which won't be long I know! Hubby and I celebrate silver wedding on Wednesday, we're going to a concert and for a steak supper... Yumm!
Saw a feature in the online paper this morning, a competition in (Saudi??????? Forgotten already) to find the prettiest camel. So now I know where Dink's gone 😉
JCJ

Oh. Meant to say: OH spoke to ES & YD about his PD dx on the phone yesterday. He reassured themthat he's feeling fine.  Suddenly I felt so much better, though can't exactly explain why!

grumpy

Well, ladies, you missed an amazing sight this morning!!! grumpy in jim-jams/slippers driving up our road behind a white-lining wagon with flashing yellow lights! We do NOT have white lines on our road - so yes, it was a contractor using an access to the uni campus from which they have been BANNED. A night-clad and slippered grumpy got out of the van to enquire (very politely) what was going on...... the site office told us to come this way, they said. Then I tripped up and nearly fell on my face. NOT a good start to the week.

I came home, got dressed (someone suggested I should have visited the site office in night attire - I think not) to discover no-one knew what was going on. Anyhow it's all sorted now, and a head will roll somewhere.

Which leads to the real reason for this post - has anyone got over the hot flushes, only to have them return at a later date? It's adding insult to injury....

Methinks a nice long rest on the Cream crackered Bench is called for this evening.

Christmas is NOT a time for guilt - I have turned down 3 invites which involve 5 hour drives, and going Next Door with my famous trifle. The bairns are all excited. Uncle Robin and Auntie Clare will stop overnight in my spare room. Auntie Clare's due date is 23rd Dec - oh-errr!

Chin up!!!!

grumpy

JCJ

Chuck the guilt - the alligators need a good feed or they won't be fattened up enough for Christmas party alliburgers and allisausages on sticks!  Can you suggest a pot luck buffet lunch, Katy? Everyone brings something to the feast - that way you get lots of yummy food but don't have to exhaust yourself cooking.

Talking of exhausted: hit the ground running today! Expected to cover 5/6 class until teacher got in from early dentist appt. Got to school and HT greeted me with "I need to talk nicely to you". I thought it would be an ICT issue as mon morning is usually my ICT tech time, but no, he said 2 teachers had phoned in sick (we only have 6 teachers!!) and could I cover 4/5 all day...oh and the Chair of Governors was in supporting the class and then HT popped in to "see how I was coping" (new temp HT) and stayed for aaaages. I felt soooo self conscious!  Had heaps of marking to do after school too! 😞 

Went to Sainsbury's (other....etc) straight from school. Did 3-weekly shop (including xmas pudding that I NEARLY bought @ £12 last time that was only £6. Have it!! 🙂 ) then met OH in cafe for dinner - lasagne, garlic bread & salad. Nom nom nom. Home. Put shopping away. Now on kn****red bench!

foxyferret

Straight into the lake with that guilt Katy.  Your ED is quite right, it's family and friends that make Christmas, not what you have for dinner.  They haven't yet passed a law that says everyone must have a roast turkey dinner!   I'm going to my son and daughter in law this year and I'd much rather have some of her wonderful lasagna but it will be turkey.

Cold?  Snow?  It is positively balmy down here, I've just been up to town and did not need a coat on.  Nor have I yet put the heating on.  Plenty of jumpers have sufficed to keep me toasty warm.  I think that is probably about to change though as it's supposed to be much colder tomorrow.

Love the albino rat JCJ.  Did /does your OH go with you to your appointments?  If so, perhaps you could tell him what a support it was and that you'd like to do the same for him?  

Monday again.  Another week of work.  Just where did the weekend go?  I did nothing apart from potter about, watch TV and do the cross stitch.  It's just flown by.

Soup is now ready to eat so I shall manoeuvre myself to the Lunch bench.  (Had to get the dictionary out for that!)

katytc

Keep unburdening JCJ, too much to keep to yourself cannot be much help medically but can support you virtually. Like your rat but it gives me goosebumpsSmiley Wink!

Another chilly day here SNOW is being forecast today/night brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Have to go into town but not in a hurry thank goodness, everything seems to take such a long time to do!!

Spoke to ED and we are not having Xmas Dinner, everyone is coming and we will have an easy brunch, even with all the help I just can't see me being able this year sooooooooo after lots of tears, I feel such relief! 

GUILT was horrendous................

YD says she's delighted and feels happy about Xmas now, ED says "Mum, it's only a dinner" it doesn't matter the most important thing is that we are all together...................more tears.................xx

JCJ

JCJ

Katy, I DID ask to go with him, even got it cleared with my HT, but he didn't want me there. I'm not one of those bossy wives that try to take control, so I let him go by himself. There is a website, similar to this one, for PD so I may ring their helpline to get reassurance/advice. I'm just going to focus on the fact that if OH is happy, I should be.  He won't let me tell the 'kids' until he sees them in person. ES was here last week so we probably wont see him for a few weeks at least, and YD scheduled to visit 7th Dec (for mince pie manufacturing marathon) so I'm struggling a bit to know what to do when people ask. Hence unburdening myself on here - thanks ladies!! x

Kay, I meant to ask earlier: If you don't mind me asking. I may even have asked you before - (I, too, am missing a marble or 6!) Is it a local firm (can't even remember where you live Smiley Indifferent - I'm in the midlands) - or a national one that is doing your kitchen? Would you recommend them? I only ask because I'd love to have a new kitchen but don't know where to start. They're so expensive and I don't want to be ripped off! Feel free to PM me if you don't want to name names publicly! If we have any money left after cavity/loft insulation (thoroughly researched company coming to survey on Tuesday...I got my act together after b******king OH about cold callers!!), I may start pestering OH again about kitchen (what was that about not being a bossy wife?? Smiley Embarassed

katytc

Well, I totally ignored said hoover, it's NOT coming out of that dark, dark cupboard...............

For being on the "CBA" bench you have managed quite a lot JCJSmiley Wink!

All the fencing talk has left me confused (unable to find my marbles) when I was a schoolgirl one of our activities was fencing so am a dab hand at feint attacks, ripostes and lungesSmiley Wink!

Aaaaaaaaaah your OH, so hard when you are not aware of the whole picture, if you read side effects on any medication it's scary stuff and like your OH find it amazing that some of the effects are ones you are taking the meds for???? Did he come with you JCJ? If so you may be able to drop huge hints about coming with him for next visit, just wishing the best for you both xx

JCJ

Glad it amused you, Katy.  Pleased to be of service; and relieved that you were well enough to see the funny side and not take offence (not that there are any fences in Benchland, as previously explained: they are all in "Stupid things non-cancer people say"land!)

Lock the door on the dark dark place and leave the hoover to it's own devices - it'll get over itself and pipe down eventually!  (hahaha unintentional pun there - unless you have a pipeless upright hoover? Oh shut up JCJ!)  

I've showered, stripped the bed, sorted the drying laundry and done my ironing this am (not bad considering I was on the CBA bench until nearly 12?!). Turned on the computer to print some 'inners' for the December birthday cards I've made (12 of them!!) and spent an hour doing everything BUT that!  Really behind this year. I've got 40+ Christmas cards to make and I've not made one yet! (bought some "handmade for you by JCJ" stickers, but have nothing to stick them on yet!! :p)

Talking of CBA - I saw a car parked in hte village where I work. It's registration was: Letter, Number, CBA. Saw it and thought of you all! 🙂  Perhaps that IS the CBA bench? Warm and comfy and you can get it to take you places? 

OH is still fine - better mentally than he's been for years. He said he's not taken his PD meds this week because he read the side effects leaflet in the box (bad move! 😞 ), and depression is one of the 'common' SEs. (that and, among other things, obsessive, compulsive behaviour!) He just couldn't face it: been there too often already. Can't say as I blame him, but I did repeat what Dr said to me: "Don't LOOK for SEs!"  Maybe the Anti-D meds, he's already on, will prevent it? We thought Tapoxyfen is bad for SEs - you should see Rasagaline - and it's for life, not just 5 years!! 😞  Perhaps the shaky hand can be put up with if he's feeling OK!!  I just worry that if he doesn't take the meds his condition will deteriorate faster. He says not. Says doc said some people delay treatment. OH asked what she'd recommend and she said it's up to him, but she's recommend taking the meds. Wish I'd been at the consultation with him, as I know from past experience, that his version of events isn't always the same as everyone else's!!. (But he'd get in a right 'ar*e' if I suggested that to him!! :p)

katytc

Forgot to say keep bursting out laughing re:

PS You got up "feeling normal", Katy? No wonder you fainted.... Such a shock?

Just LOVE it JCJ xx

katytc

How lovely Kay, have you been shopping abroad before?? Always looks sooooooo good!

Good to hear you are still pottering as obviously kitchen will not be finished until that tea bag thingy is in placeSmiley Wink!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr another cold day here but we have sunshine again, the "CBA" bench seems to be my favourite just now, have 3 hos appointments next week (not BC related) 2 in another city which means I will have to get up really early, oh deary meSmiley Sad! Bus for one and train for the other, not filling me with joySmiley Frustrated! Will have to get onto the "well, will have to just get over it" benchSmiley Wink!

Can't believe the time......................where has the morning gone??? Hoover is calling from the dark, dark cupboard, should I just ignore it?? xx

Kayteeb53

Hi Katy, yes am still pottering and the kitchen is STILL not finished. The pottery teacher keeps telling us that they are having an exhibition and that we can sell our spare pottery. I fall off the chair laughing - didn't she see my bowl! I am currently making a light pull for my bathroom and a dish to put used tea bags in. YD commented that the light will keep switching itself back on due to the weight of said light pull!
Kitchen is moving on, floor still to be tiled, door handles on and dome cupboard doors, under cupboard lighting and other bits. Just need it to be finished in time to bake 3 Christmas cakes.....
I am escaping to Budapest in a couple of weeks with YD to Christmas Market. Was a 60tjh birthday pressie so that will be fun.
You are so in the wars things can only get better, am glad you are getting the medical attention you deserve. Take care.
JCJ hope things are working out and OH is coping well
Grumpy, love to Millie, sending virtual hankies! Great anniversary to celebrate, here's to many more
FF nice to see you back. Hi Ali (waves)
Right that's me done with hat knitting - have now knitted 14 full size ones as Christmas presents. Back to my cushion cover.
K x
katytc

Smiley LOLSmiley LOL, Good job I'd finished my muggatea or there would have been splatters everywhereSmiley LOL!!

Hahahahaha, will be smiling for the rest of the day, thank you xx

Ali_H

Ps tee hee it seems both JCJ and me are fixated with normal!!
Ali_H

Katy I'm thinking of camels as instructed, Grumpy sent me knitted Hump and Dink and they google-eye at me every day. I hope they get things sorted for you soon, feeling 'normal' is wonderful and I really hope you're there soon 🙂 x