73.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

grumpy

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I think I've got them in 'public images' now .....

grumpy

JCJ

I did try 'all images' grumpy. I think you may not have made them public? Only pics visible to me are *that* dress, Barley &Mille and the cute little puppy. You are on !my friends list - don't know id I'm on yours... Or if it makes a difference!
grumpy

You need to go to 'all images' - I think!!

Will try again tomorrow with photos in the park .

grumpy

JCJ

VERY blurry photos? So much so, I can't see them at all! Or have I jumped the gun? :). So pleased for you.

grumpy

The New Residents have arrived!!!!!!

Images on my profile - not very good, as they both rush round like little dervishes.

Meg weighs a ton, and Joey needs a bath due to mud and white fur not mixing.

They are SOOOOO lovely.

Grumpy and happy

JCJ

Happy doggy day grumpy!! I hope your new companions bring you joy! 

My foot appears to be a lot better, even though I was on my feet for a lot of yestetday. Fingers crossed it isn't just because I rested it all week end!

grumpy

Meg is a 9yr old Corgi, and Joey is westie/Jack Russell age 5. He looks like a yard brush on legs, and Meg is - how can I put this? - a little chubby!!!!! She won't fit through the pet door until she slims down a bit.

Collecting them tomorrow after lunch so hope it's fine enough for an introductory walk in the park.

Then round the village on Wed to meet people and see the sights.

Can't wait!

Grumpy

Kayteeb53

Am delighted for you Grumpy - and excited. What breed?
Ali_H

Sorry I'm a bit late catching up with this, I've been getting stonking (good word that, I like it) four day head aches since being on tam. I've put it down to stress (because of the teeth clenching thing that seems to be going on at the same time) but I'll make a better note of them and see if there's any regularity (made up word?? Probably) to them.
Any doggy news yet? Any piccies??
katytc

Maybe it is another bug, really thought I was done with them JCJ. Long wait for your appt hope things ease a little in the meantime.

Woo hoo grumpySmiley Happy!

Really quiet duvet day, very chilly outside, macaroni for tea, sweets to munch and early bedtime, hopefully better tomorrow xx

grumpy

House now scrubbed from top to bottom and Fabreezed to within an inch of its life, camera batteries installed, dog annexe has new bedding courtesy of Oxfam (other charity shops etc), campervan all fresh and twinkly, dog walking boots cleaned and proofed.....

I am SO excited.

Photos will be posted soon!!!!

Grumpy

JCJ

Your headaches might be something else if it's only been the last couple of weeks? Lots of headaches about round here! And stomach bugs.....again! And coughs. 

Katy, not sure what happens when Z stop. SHOULD be post menopausal and onc said, if so, I''ll switch from Ta'poxy'fen (she didn't ACTUALLY say *precisely* that! :)) to AIs, but my onc has 'left the trust' and I've not met her replacement yet, so I don't know what the new onc will do!

I really hope I won't start having periods again because not having them has been the silver lining in all this!

I just limped up the lane, for the sake of my sanity, to enjoy the sunshine. On the way back, I picked up a 1.5l empty Lambrini bottle to put in our recycling bin. Got some odd looks from neighbours and passers-by. Think they assumed *I* had drunk the whole bottle and couldn't walk properly!! Smiley Surprised

katytc

Great you have appt, bad that it still hurtsSmiley Sad. What happens when the Z jabs stop, JCJ?

Drenched again last night, have GD and she wanted something from the chippie, so we ventured out in the wind and rain, was worth it thoughSmiley Happy!

Have a bare wall in my living room and it's been like that since moving here, finally found a picture I like!!! It's just over 5ft long, am now thinking how will I manage to put it up??? Am famed for my squintness...........oh dear, methinks I will need help!

Cartoons are on here or silly childrens game show programmes YD is in fits of laughter, I'm just watching in disbelief????

Used to get menstrual migraines but since swallowing ta"poxy"fen they have almost disappeared which is/was a woo hoo moment, this past couple of weeks they have returned which has left me on the "thought I was rid" bench.

Anyone else had similar?? xx

JCJ

Went to docs surgery to book Zoladex injection for 2 weeks time with nurse. Might be last one. Not sure what to do. Next one will be due in May, but will already have had it for the prescribed 2 years by then. Onc app not til June. I asked surgeon and he didn't know. Told me to ring onc secretary! Might just have the May jabbing....what's 3 more months in the Grand Scheme of Things?

While I was there, I booked a doc app, expecting to be given one in about 3 weeks time, as it needs to be outside school hours, and I want to see a particular, popular member of the practise. Got an app for next Wed at 8:10am as they've started (at last!!) doing early apps for working people!! Stunned and a teeny bit disappointed. I had hoped that by time docs app came round either foot or thumb, or both, might have got better and I could cancel app. Smiley Frustrated

Thrilled about your dog news, grumpy, and can't wait to see photos/hear all about them. x

katytc

You made me smile this morning grumpy, can feel your excitementSmiley Happy

What kind of doggies?? How old? 

No rain here at the moment but it feels freezing, brrrrrrrr time again!! Found a new chariot last night, will be delivered next week...........hopefully will stop me trying to do somersaults, lighter with 4 wheels, even has a bell so I can tring a ling if people are in the way!!! Never thought I would be soooooooooo excited over a WALKER...................Smiley Wink!

JCJ, did you get your appt with doc? xx

Ali_H

Meg and Joey, that sounds exciting! 🙂
grumpy

We have got weather here oop

North, slush will freeze tonight..

Spending a few days fumigating the house, so New Dogs will settle OK.  Collecting Meg and Joey on Tuesday from the rescue kennels. Meg will need to go on a DIET in order to fit through the pet door.....

What breed, did I hear someone ask?

Wait and see!!!!

Grumpy and excited.......

katytc

whew just rushing in, a whirl of wetness, not the flushing kind but the weather kind, what's it like???

Not fussed where we go, did thoroughly enjoy M and the High Tea, travelodge was cheap and cheery, would prefer Aug again but will try and fit in with whatever anyone else can doSmiley Happy!

Chariot was causing a bit of bother today, just about did a somersault, so thinking 4 wheels will be safer.

YD off to RevCat's city, weather meant to be atrocious, oh dear off to sit on the "worried" bench xx

supertrouper

Oh Grumpy - so sorry to hear about Millie. Gone to the rainbow bridge to play with all the other animals. You could always go to Skiathos and bring back a Greek dog like I did x

JCJ

Lynnq, MMU was when 8 bonkers Benchlanders met up in Morecambe (because it was geographically central for the participants) for a couple of days last August. Much nattering, laughing, eating drinking and strtolling along the sunny (miraculously for Morecambe!) prom. 

We ate fish and chips in our tiaras,  played Ladies of the Manor scoffing afternoon tea in a hotel overlooking the sea and spent 1 or 2 nights in a Travelodge. We had so much fun among like minded people that we want to do it again despite LONG train journeys for some! 🙂 

I can manage 20th to 27th April, 26th to 30th May, 19th July to end of August. I'd be happy to go to Morecambe again (although the likelihood of being so lucky with the weather again is very slim!!) or somewhere else mid-way between Devon & NE Scotland and easily accessible by train!  Manchester? Lancaster? North Wales?

Right, going to catch up on The Jump before crashing out.

Ali_H

Yes Grumpy, there'll be a pet out there who needs your love and care, go for it.
Yes, that's Dink - in one of her "more is just so much MORE!" moments. She does like a bit of bling. Actually quite a lot of bling...
MMU....depends where and when ladies, would love to join in if I can get (but work tends to get in the way of my social life!) Hello Lynnq, MMU is the Morecambe Meet Up, held in Morecambe last year, featuring high tea and fish'n'chips I'm told 🙂
Lynnq

What is MMU ?
katytc

Cheers too, grumpy raising my goblet.

JCJ that sounds ouchy, hopefully you will get an appointment soon.

For MMU Revival......

We have definites, FF, grumpy, JCJ, RevCat, supertrouper and me., Jane to be contacted.

So girls where and when???

Anyone else interested, just add your name.

Last year we managed to arrange things very quickly, hopefully we can do the same this yearSmiley Happy!

Soooooooooooo excited, now where's my tiara?? xx

JCJ

CHEERS! A toast (literally - it's breakfast time :))To Barley & Milie! 

I'm glad you are looking for a successor, Grumpy. I wanted to suggest it, but wasn't sure you'd be ready to hear it yet! 

I think I need a vet. I feel like I'm falling apart. Still got trigger thumb, although splint does help, and now my right foot really hurts - metatarsalgia, if my internet research is correct. I was nearly crying with pain by the time I finished the big food shop yesterday evening. Smiley Sad guess I will have to make that docs app.

grumpy

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes about dear Millie, very much appreciated when I have lost my Best Friend.

Went back to the vets after lunch to ask them to let me know if they hear of a nice little terrier who needs a home, and trogged round on t'internet to see if any of the local shelters have anything suitable......

So watch this space!!!!

Grumpy and squiffy due to bottle of glitterberry juice to commemorate Millie AND Barley.

JCJ

Big hugs grumpy. So sad. But at least little Millie was happy, despite her problems, almost to the end. You gave her a good life. Enjoy your memories. I shall erect a special statue of her in Benchland where we can queue to have our photos taken with her (like EM in Morecambe!) xx

Ali, I was reading a book about camels with the children at school today. I think the picture on the front was Dink! 🙂

http://voyage-vixens.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/camel_fair.jpg

Kayteeb53

Oh Grumpy, I am so so sorry. She was such an important part of your life. You do have some lovely memories of her and those memories will stay with you for ever, to replay whenever you need to. Thinking of you x
Ali_H

Oh Grumpy I'm sorry, that is sad news xxx
katytc

Aaaaaaaaaah grumpy, terribly sad news, Millie and Barley will be forever here with us dodging the alligators and running all over Benchland, big, big hugs to you xx

grumpy

Sad news today - my dear little Millie was put to sleep this morning, after a massive stroke during the night. 

RIP Millie, and find Barley to play with in the dogs heaven.

grumpy

katytc

Well, well, well had the most nasty of nights, hot flushes back with a vengeance againSmiley Sad!!

I honestly have the utmost sympathy for those who suffer this constantly during the night, I say as I am flushing madly, I don't know how they function with practically no sleep and sweating non stopSmiley Sad! Not nice at all.

Staying at home today, pouring again with rain, at least am not cold haha!!

Have lots of tv programmes to "catch up" with I LOVE this serviceSmiley Happy!

Soooooooooo a sofa/bench day, nearly finished book and 3rd jigsaw is oh so difficult, in fact have no idea where to start...............

ED's car went in for MOT and service, didn't pass and has unfortunately cost her a lot of pennies, grrrrrrrr cars xx

katytc

Kay, disappointing that injections are not solving your issues, you always hope that something, somewhere will work........... fingers crossed for you.

Soooooooo glad all went well for you and OH, JCJ, ballroom dancing indeed, your moves in Benchland have always been super duperSmiley Happy!

Ali, good your appt is now earlier, you just want it over and done with!

It's pouring with rain here and oh so grey, have to go out later so am hoping it all calms downSmiley Frustrated!

Time for a sandwich, a muggatea and a tasty bit, reading Apple Tree Yard at the moment and still doing my jigsaws, there was 4 in a box so am on number 3, really enjoying them!! No more extra tidying, over for another year sooooooooooo am back on one of my favourites the glorious "CBA" bench xx

Ali_H

JCJ I'm glad OH's appointment went well and it sounds like there are lots of drugs/treatments out there to help, my son's diabetic and whenever I read about a trial drug or some other breakthrough it really does feel like a huge step forward. Good luck with the spandex, the flesh coloured Lycra and the rhinestones - hope you get time for the dancing! I used to do ballroom and Latin American, loved it. Only stopped when I was hugely pregnant (a week before the birth actually) because I didn't want my waters to go all over the lovely sprung dance floor...
I'm not a blur now Kayteeb! Son has gone back to uni after a lovely visit home (well it was lovely for me, I suspect he's glad to have escaped back to uni!!)
My onc check up has been changed again, the lovely trial nurse rang me today and said she's moved it closer again because of the trial requirements for the timings of follow up appointments. She said she was ringing to tell me because she knows it's unnerving to get a letter bringing an appointment forward, bless her 🙂
Crikey you lot aren't half busy - knitting, cooking, tidying.... I'll just sit here and read all about it!!!
JCJ

The alligators (crocodiles?) are circling (see avatar). Chuck that guilt! 🙂

OH's hospital visit went well. He even let me drive him there! We had loads of time so we parked at Tes  a certain large supermarket, 1/2 a mile up the road, and walked back, thus avoiding all the hideous hospital traffic and nightmare parking.  He was seeing the PD nurse not the consultant (is it me, or is that bonkers: he sees the consultant at our local hospital (10 miles) but the nurse at the further one (30 miles)??)  Anyway, she was lovely and explained everything in detail and asked if we had any questions. She stressed that he's unlikely to get much worse over YEARS, but that the meds won't control the tremour or stop the deterioration. It seems there are LOADS of drugs/treatments in the developmental stages, so things look very positive, and the fact that he's keeping very active and also playing the piano are going to be of huge benefit to him. Aparently music, and dancing, have been shown to help PD patients. I've threatened to drag him off to ballroom dancing lessons! 😛    All that spandex and sequins!! 😄

He's managing to maintain his sense of humour about it anyway, which is good.

Kay, the thumb splint really helps as it completely prevents me bending the thumb and so stops the agonising clicking. I can do most things wearing the splint with no pain at all, Writing - neatly - on the whiteboard at school is tricky, as is turning the key in the ignition to drive the car, but at least I can knit without it hurting! 🙂

Kayteeb53

Well done Grumpy, lovely to be recognised! New stove sound lovely and warm. Just what you need
JCJ, knitting doesn't seem to affect my trigger thumb, maybe because it's my left hand and it's not doing much. Hope the splint helps. Hope appt for OH goes well
Katy, injections have helped a bit but not as much as I hoped. Maybe I just need to accept that it's my age!
Hi Ali (waves at blur that is Ali rushing by)
FF - hope your yellow marbles sort themselves out and you are keeping well
Made a curry on Saturday for YD, was worrying because it tasted awful whilst it was cooking, but by the end it tasted good. SIL had 2 helpings so must have been good.
Played new game Logo Billionaire, that is fun, apart from when it morphs into a monopoly type game and lasts for hours.
Knitting again today.....
K x
katytc

Yahoo be dooby/booby Dame Grumpy, how superly, wonderfully fantastical. The talent you have shown in Benchland Productions was/is stupendous, lovely to hear you have been recognised in the real worldSmiley Happy !

That's fab you can still do your knitting JCJ, really hope all is well for you and OH this afternoon, very good news that you are going too!

Finished my crazy tidying up for the moment, really it just goes on and on! Said to YD it was only her room to do and she said no way cause if she ever moves out she will have no money to buy clothes therefore she wants to keep everything...............................oh dear!

ED is having her teeth whitened this evening, first time, said she will continuously be smiling, can't wait to see what it looks likeSmiley Very Happy! xx

JCJ

Congratulations grumpy!! Your outstanding contribution to Benchland dramatics has finally been recognised in the 'outside world'? Smiley Tongue we'll shall all have to raise a toast to our Dame Grumpy!

I've got quite used to wearing my thumb splint now, and with a sticking plaster underneath on my thumb knuckle to stop the metal strip chafing, it's quite comfy now. I've even managed to finish knitting and, even more surprising, sewing up, Albert Alligator's brother. I can finally take them to work for colleauge's grandsons.

OH has an appointment with PD consultant tomorrow and he's letting me go with him. My HT has been very good about me taking the afternoon off. Will be odd going to the hosp where I had RT and it not being me that's being treated/seen!

Ali_H

Grumpy that's fabulous!! Well done 🙂 🙂
grumpy

Oh ladies, I got a trophy from the Players - the Mike Wagstaffe Cup, and my name will be engraved on it!!!! It is for an outstanding contribution to amateur dramatics, and I don't even act!!!!

Please form an orderly queue for autographs........

It is real boost when I was feeling glum -aren't friends WONDERFUL.

Grumpy

katytc

It does sound ouchy JCJ!! And book collection, a mammoth job, whew!!

Sorry grumpy had to borrow your nom for a little while, it's true there is only one "grumpy"!

Did the big suitcase yesterday, woo hoo, just shredded, shredded and shredded...............

Bought an electric screwdriver cause I will never manually try to screw things together, ever, ever again!

Also had to do a little bit of sawing, so something would fit in my bin, took ages cause have to be careful of Lynn (who's always creeping around)!

Had a curry for tea and tummy has expanded to a degree I have not seen before or hope to see again tee hee!!

Quick nip today to supermarket oh so can't be bothered and it's pouring with rain here, grrrrrrrrrrrr xx

JCJ

Not sure 'better' is the word I'd use katy. 🙂  When I wear the splint, I don't get the excruciating clicking pain every time I - accidentally or otherwise - bend and/or straighten my thumb but the splint isn't very comfy so my hand and wrist ache.  I din't brave wearing it to school today, but I probably should have because I've been fighting library books all day and it's very painful now.  I had the bombshell dropped on me on Monday that County Library Services want all 400+ books,that they have loaned us, back NEXT WEEK, when I thought I had until the end of March, and was going to start collecting them in soon in readiness!! 😞

After a week when I've worked all through break and lunchtime and not left school until at least 5pm, I've found and boxed up all but the last couple of dozen and sent letters home to recall about a dozen of those. I have lists posted around the school so people will be on the look out for the missing ones. Just as well I'm finally feeling human this week; after weeks of cough/fragile stomach/sore throat lurgs. Interesting that I feel better since the check-up - I wonder how much of the generally cr*p feeling was due to that???

TWO NHS letters this morning! It's a good job I was expecting them to send appointments for next year's surgeon check-up and March's mammo. Lord knows why they had to post them separately though - same hospital, same extra information sheets - what a waste!

Right! I'm off to the TFIF bench to put my feet up. OH says there's some tennis on tonight so I'll prob watch that. 🙂

grumpy

Excuse me, Katy, I am the only official grumpy-person on this thread......

Had the new STOVE  fitted and it is gorgeous!!! Trust me to choose the most expensive marble for the surround. Millie is in 7th heaven cos she can actually snuggle right up to it..... hmmmm, methinks a fire guard may need purchasing, and the hardware shop is shut for a refurb this week - you can't get the staff can you?

Feeling a bit glum for no particular reason, just the time of year and naff weather, and I am very pleased to hear that everyone is being cheerful/bloody-minded/assertive/self-centred!!!

grumpy

katytc

How's the thumb, JCJ?? Does it feel better with splint?

Ali, it's one of those things you just want over and done with, never mind April is far enough away.........

Well am def on the "hopeless at DIY" benchSmiley Frustrated 2 hours later tiny bookcase done..........one tired and grumpy DIY'er, NEVER again!!!

Now have to do lots of shopping blah, blah, blah.

Stayed up late cause I couldn't stop jigsawing, bad behaviour!!

Have to hurry before shops shut, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, soooooooooooooo can't be bothered! xx

PS don't mind where we goSmiley Happy!

Ali_H

Hospital have cancelled my onc check up , should have been today but now it's April. Ah well. How is everyone???
JCJ

I'd be up for MMU revival - (not necessarily in M again, if anyone wants to go somewhere else!)

My trigger thumb splint has arrived. Sooooo much velcro! I'm worried I am going to stick myself together! 

Oooh jigsaws! Haven't done a real one for years. Done lots on the computer tho'.

Right, must drag my a**e off for a de-stressing swim.

katytc

Yum, yum lemon meringueSmiley Happy!

Have been sooooooooooo good today have ironed, woo hoo for me!!!

Also been trawling the internet for a small, thin bookcase, found one after measuring space around 100 timesSmiley Frustrated, being delivered tomorrow, woo hoo, have a book overload so will be nice to have books all organised. Still have big suitcase to sort, can do it tomorrow cause some of it can go into new bookcaseSmiley Happy!

Sun is trying to shine but it is oh so cold, brrrrrrrrrrr!

Bought 3 new jigsaw puzzles yesterday, obsessive or what??? Sooooooooo excited which one will I start first???

MMU REVIVAL, participants required!! xx

Ali_H

We've finished Sherlock series 1, and most of a lemon meringue sponge cake. The fridge is bursting with food, had to buy more - I forgot how much teenagers eat!
I've got my next onc check up on Friday....trying to put it right to the back of my mind...I like Neddy and want to stay there!!
foxyferret

Haven't finished the marble jigsaw so can't return the marbles yet Katy.  It is a stinker, every piece I've got left is yellow and it's driving me bonkers!  You mentioned doing MMU again, I'd be up for it.

Yay JCJ, Neddy is brilliant.  Long may it continue. Mammo in March for me too.

If I can tear myself off the CBA bench I must go and get some shopping, the larder is looking rather bare as is the fridge but it's raining AGAIN and I am so sick of getting wet every time I go out.  Another muggatea perhaps and then I'll brave the elements.

katytc

Yahoo be dooby/booby JCJ, fabuuuuuuuuuuulous news, you just have to get rid of the "bugs" now!!

Have been on the "sleeping" bench this afternoon and only woke around 10 mins ago...............

Noticed that I am reading two books, have a jigsaw on the go and have instructions out on how to play a new game, looks like I have a distinct lack of concentration............

Where's that bucket with the marbles??

Raining here AGAIN xx

Ali_H

Hello all....sorry, dashing through - son has finished his exams and is home on a flying visit, woohoo...we're busy catching up with Sherlock and baking cakes.
Grumpy I'm sorry to hear about your friend, be gentle with yourself on the hit for six bench. JCJ great news! And ooo mr Dar*y too.... 😉