73.3K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

katytc

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Burst out crazy laughing, my flushes are back too???? Says me dripping as typing grrrrrrrrrrrrr, bedding in washing machine, beetroot face and gently perspiring NOT! Bucket loads of yuckiness!

They think Mum may have had a slight heart attack, still waiting for confirmation, she's had lots of symptoms over the last couple of months separately not meaning much but when they are all put together they are def tell tale signsSmiley Sad! Will know more next week.

Meds not agreeing with me bloated to the extreme, very bad headaches, swelling feet and ankles so have stopped them and am feeling slightly better, thank goodness. Felt like I was a balloon about to burst...............

Any word yet JCJ?

Enjoy our capital city grumpy, hope the boy behaves up here

Thank you Ali xx

grumpy

Dame Meg, ASBO Joey and self off to Edinburgh tomorrow to visit friends. Joey been in the bath, so had to remove wet clothes and put on Jim jams.....

The warm weather brought on the hot flushes AGAIN, so I am now officially hacked off and VERY GRUMPY.

JCJ

I. Am. So. Tired. Do. I. Really. Have. To. Go. To. Work? 

Bl***y hot flushes back. AGAIN! 😞  Just when you think it's been weeks so perhaps you've got through it..... BANG.... drip, pant, drip, pant (my pants aren't dripping, I hasten to reassure you, I am panting from the heat!! 😛 ) hokey pokey duvet dance!

The bug children had better behave today: No patience.

Ali_H

Katytc happy birthday! I've had a plate full of Kayteeb's jam tarts to celebrate (especially the lemon curd ones, yum) . Hope your Mum's eye is recovering properly!
We've had lovely weather here, sunday was my day off so I decided to try and find the garden under two years overgrowth of weeds....well, there's a limit to how long you can kid yourself that you actually chose the 'letting Nature find her own way' look rather than not having energy/enthusiasm/time/marbles/strength to do some weeding. So, sunblock on, check. Long sleeve top to protect against scratches as per BC nurse instructions, check. Gardening gloves , ditto BC nurse instructions, check. Sensible waterproof shoes, check. Thick jeans for the kneeling in, check. A plan, hatched over breakfast, check. Secateurs and pruning saw and brown bin to hand, check. Sunglasses to protect eyes from pointy garden twigs.....ahhhh....if only I'd not left them on the kitchen table. I got attacked by the black currant bush, crikey it hurt! It ranked just below childbirth, just above the tittoos and on a similar level for squeamish 'I'd rather not think about what's happening-ness' as the breast core biopsy all those months ago. What a numpty! It's all fine now though 😉
katytc

Thank you had a lovely day, family all around, surprise presentsSmiley Happy! Sooooooooo all excited!!

No, not just flabby (regarding swimming) feel as though everything is tightening and expanding rapidly so will have to go to docs, ankles are swollen too, just a nuisanceSmiley Frustrated! And am having daily headaches.

Honestly you get rid of one thing and up pop some more!

We didn't have any WARM sunshine so feel quite jealous xx

Kayteeb53

Happy birthday to yoo-ooo! Hope you had a lovely day Katy. My stomach (and legs) are not a pretty sight either but if it doesn't bother me it shouldn't bother anyone else!
JCJ, I could always do the breast stroke but never learnt front crawl. The problems with my back made breast stroke more difficult so I thought lessons were the answer! I can swim a long way without breathing but the minute I try to breathe I swallow a large amount of the pool. Lol!
Have a good week all
K x
JCJ

Happy birthday to you

happy birthday to you

happy biryday dear Kaaaaateeeeeeey

happy birthday to yoooooou!!

Nom nom nom! Chocolate cake! 🙂

Does your local pool have a ladies only session? That's when I go to mine. I'm a bit less self conscious then - especially as there are several LARGE ladies that go!

ES been to visit us today. 🙂 Haven't seen him since just after Christmas, so lovely to see him, and it's been such a lovely warm, sunny day too. We've been sat in the sunlounge with the door open most of the afternoon. First time this year! In holiday mood now, don't want to go back to work tomorrow! 😐

katytc

Thank you for your kind thoughts, Mum says she can see better already, not sure will have to wait for TuesSmiley Sad.

You two are very good with your swimming, would like to go too but will have to pluck up courage......cause my stomach is HUGE, looked up meds online and said that bloating is a common side effect, sooooooooooo between the ta"poxy" fen and the new meds...........well am not a pretty sightSmiley Frustrated!

It's a woo hoo day for me today, am a birthday girl, sooooooooo large choc cake in the shed, tiara and knee highs adorned, balloons on benches whew, will have to go and lie down now Smiley Happy!! xx

JCJ

Katy, fingers crossed for your mum - I hope her eye is going to be ok. I also hope you've been able to get some well-earned rest today after your hectic day.

Kaytee, I was going to suggest goggles when you said your teacher told you to put your face in the water. I love swimming and do lots of lengths every week, but I really struggle without my goggles - the chlorine stings my eyes and swimming with my head out gives me a stiff neck, and for some reason I swallow half the pool!

I have to say I have great admiration for anybody who learns to swim as an adult. It takes guts, so you go for it and enjoy!

Kayteeb53

Hi all. JCJ so glad mammogram was less ouchy. Am sure,results will be good.
Made a double batch of jam tarts (raspberry) and have left them in the Lost Plottery shed. Please help yourself before I am tempted to go back under cover of darkness and steal them back!
Katy you are having a really hectic time. Don't forget to make time for you.
Swimming is good. Signed up for lessons so that makes me go. Loving the goggles I got. Never used them before but makes swimming with head in water so much easier.
Hi Ali, hope you ok
Hi to everyone else! Have lovely weekend
K x
katytc

Excellent JCJ that mammo wasn't ouchy, woo hooSmiley Happy!! One part over.

Well have had a day and a half as they say ED went to hairdressers to have her hair stripped of colour, a 5 hour job, so she texted me asking if I could pick GD from school cause she didn't think hair would be finished in time, in the meantime Mum says she can't see properly and is going to have a doctors telephone appt, ok, ends up, she is taken to another city for exam and tests in an ambulance, WHAT???

So have spent the day waiting and waiting, finally at around 5 find out she has a blood clot behind the eye. Allowed home and will be seen on Tues after taking blood thinners over this weekend, fingers soooooo crossed that all will be fine.

Picked up GD it was snowing and soooooooo cold.

ED's hair is gorgeous.

And me am tired beyond belief, what a day xx

Ali_H

Phew JCJ relax now! Enjoy the sun this weekend, it's forecast to be lovely. Not sure that's good English... Anyway, sunshine, good!!
JCJ

Thank you Ali & Katy for your support!  Mammo was soooooo much less painful than last time! 🙂  Just a bit sore, but nothing too intolerable and no painkillers required after! Phew!  'Only' 10 days to wait with baited breath for the results. 😞

There was a student radiographer in the room and I think the previous lady had refused to have her present, so I was her first patient (client? customer?). the expression on her face as the radiographer pulled my boobs about was a picture. I wanted to laugh out loud. She was only a young girl and she looked horrified that I'd let someone maul me about like that. I wanted to tell her that was NOTHING compared to a room full of MEN and women during RT - or the time I actually had to undress in front of the (male) doctor and 2 nurses before he thoroughly groped - sorry, 'examined' both sides!!

Lovely sunny day here today, and I think it's forecast to stay that way over the weekend. Looking forward to soaking up some rays! 🙂

S** broadband bill came this morning and I nearly blew a gasket. It was for more than TWICE what I was expecting (AND it didn't even WORK for the first week!!). Came home, from work, all guns blazing, to phone them and tell them where to stick it. Fortunately, I thought to check the figures, and I realised that the bill was for the period 14/2/14 to 20/4/14, so more than 2 months AND I am to expect a refund from O* (previous provider) of £5 for the overlapping part of the month.  Soooo glad I didn't get stroppy with them *embarrassed face*

Have a good weekend everyone - (or those few of you that still read this??!) x

Ali_H

JCJ hope it goes well for you today x
katytc

Another yucky day here drizzly rainSmiley Sad! All the best for tomorrow JCJ, hopefully you will hear back quickly so you can get off that "jittery" bench, xx

katytc

Don't think there will be a time where we don't feel jittery JCJ,  BC does funny things to your head!!

Hopefully no one slipped on those marbles.................

Am on the "stiff as a board" bench will have to swallow some more tablets, have been moving around cause am scared to sit down,  in case I can't get up!

Going into town later, we have terrible gusting winds so it's difficult to hold onto my chariotSmiley Frustrated! So I may "blow" past a town near you hee hee!

Also can't stop eating sweets, can't get enough of them!! Will have to get it under control, well, maybe??

Don't have to worry now about losing my marbles, they have def ALL gone xx

JCJ

Dizziness MUCH better today, and I feel better generally. Just done a full day teaching (teacher off sick with man(?) Flu!), follwed by after school sewing club and then I went to the farm shop, via filling up with petrol, on the way home. And I'm not crying with exhaustion. So much improved on last week!! 🙂

The lady at the garage had to call me back, however, because I left my card in the machine! Whoops! She didn't spot my marbles rolling about all over the floor though?! 😛

Still a bit jittery about Friday's mammo, but trying not to think about it.

Can I steal a jammy tart or 3 for with my mugatea..... to give me the energy to get the dinner..... It's been a long day....that's my excuse! 🙂

katytc

Oooooooooooh jammy tartsSmiley Happy!! Have not had any for years, Kay!

Swimming, have been thinking of going for ages, must try this year and pluck up the courage!

Be careful and NO swimming in our guilt lake, pleaseSmiley Wink!

Beautiful sunny day here and it's reasonably warm, woo hoo! Windows all open!

Hope you are ok JCJ, mammo and bug, fingers crossed xx

Kayteeb53

Oh my goodness, where does the time go! Been ages since I posted. Katy I have taken up swimming lessons to see if that will help with my back. Lovely teacher says I should put my face in the water to do the breast stroke properly. All ve.ry well but I can't get my breathing right! Breathing in water and spluttering it out is not right. More practice methinks
Too many bugs around by the sound of it. Internet and cold bugs. Still am sure a snifter in the JM will get rid of them all JCJ . Grumpy your dogs sound lovely, right pair of mischief makers - bet they make you laugh.
Just made some jam tarts, had forgotten how quick and easy they were to bake. Unfortunately they are quite easy to eat too.....
Have a good week all
K x
katytc

Oh JCJ felt the same way yesterday, sooooooo dizzy and staggering around, am assuming it's ANOTHER bugSmiley Frustrated! Am much better today, hope you are ok.

All quiet here, downloaded a couple of library books and in the middle of a jigsawSmiley Happy!

ED and GD came around yesterday and GD had her scooter with her oh my goodness she was whizzing around so fast, my heart was in my mouth!!

Sooooooooooo have borrowed said scooter and am swiftly moving around Benchland this morning will be travelling back to my favourite bench the "CBA" super fastedly? soon xx

JCJ

Foot properly better now (grabs wooden desk hastily) Katy, thanks.  I've come home this afternoon, to work on the school website at home, because I really don't feel well.  Felt dizzy sitting up in the dentist's chair, yesterdeay, and nearly fell over when I stood up. Put it down to sitting up too quickly from a prone position, but I still feel the same now. I was wondering if the anaesthetic has affected my ear, but there are 2 teachers off sick, AGAIN, with the stomach bug, so maybe I'm going down with that? Tired of feeling below parr: "If it's not one thing it's your mother"!

However, the garden is full of snow(clare)drops, crocuses (croci??) and mini daffs, and the sun is trying to shine; the evenings are staying lighter longer and I'm still here and (grabs desk again) NED, so mustn't crumble (hahaha - genuine typo - I meant Grumble!!) 😛

katytc

Forgot to say was chatting with a lady this week and she was saying that she had only one lymph node removed and the dreaded "Lynn" is now with her, so always be careful ladies xx

katytc

One down JCJSmiley Happy! How are your feet now??

Oh golly gosh am trying extremely hard to extract myself from the "CBA" bench.............proving difficult...........have loads to do and am getting on my own nerves.

Muggateas galore and a tasty viennese whirlSmiley Happy!

Am a little annoyed cause tummy is enooooooormous and spent yesterday chin plucking.............

Happy times NOT!!! Tee hee xx

JCJ

Motherhubbard, your post, like your cupboard appears to be bare?? Have you used invisible ink? Welcome to Benchland anyway.

Tooth filled. Anaesthetic stasrting to wear off, but a couple of hours ago the numbness was still spreading... As far as my forehead, my ear and the opposite side of my mouth!! Feel really weird: like coming round from a general anaesthetic! I'm hoping it's just a combination of extreme tiredness, being mauled by the dentist and a numb ear. Thank **** it's Friday tomorrow! 

katytc

Yeah cheap and cheerful for T/lodgeSmiley Happy! Will check with RevCat, FF and ST about dates then we can make it official, woo hoo!!!

grumpy because you know the area is there a nice place we can go for tea on first night? Your cafe was brilliant.

Asbo boy, dentists and mammos?? Did laugh imagining Joey being badSmiley Happy!

Good luck JCJ!

Can't believe it SUN is shining here, lovely day but we have that wind again so it makes it feel very cold brrrrrrrr!

On the "smug" bench have ironed today, woo hoo scooby doo xx

Motherhubbard

JCJ

I can fit in with 5th, 6th and 7th August. Are we booking in at the Travelodge again?

I had a letter, today, *reminding* me to book my orthopaedic surgeon appointment (trigger thumb). It had my NHS number, and a reference number, and it said I needed to go online or phone a given number and quote the ref no and "the password on the referal letter given to you by the person who referred you" EH??? The "person who referred me" was my GP and all he gave me was a form to fill in my mobile phone number to give to the surgery receptionist! I rang the surgery and asked what the f  what was going on and she gave me the password. Bonkers!!

Anyway, appointment is now booked for 18th March, after school, so, what with dentist tomorrow, mammo next week and this 2 weeks after my social (??) diary is beginning to look as busy as this tine 2 years ago! 

Grumpy, your description of ASBO Joey mouthing off at his elders made me snort with laughter! 😄

grumpy

Yes for MMU in August......

Having a dogs playdate this evening, Sid and Doris are coming for supper (with owners.....) so blanket on sofa for mucky paws as we are having WEATHER today.

Lady Meg is getting a waist so the diet must be working. ASBO Joe may need additive free food to stop him acting like a 'youth' leaning on a wall with a **bleep** in his gob and back answering old people!!!!

But I still love them!

Grumpy

katytc

That whole bench is jittering JCJ, thought we were having a small earthquakeSmiley Wink!

Come and join me on the "tired" bench/sofa, take deep breaths and keep calm.............says me who would feel exactly the same. Fingers and toes crossed, though it does make walking difficult???

MMU Revival, will we try 5th, 6th, 7th Aug?? xx

JCJ

Strewth I'm tired!! 😞  Have we really only been back at school 2 days?? Colleague asked me today if I'd had a good holiday (she doesn't work Mondays!) and I just looked at her blankly. It seemed so oo long ago... didn't know what she was talking about!  Heyho 6 weeks and 3 days to Easter (me? Counting the days??) Really can't see me doing this job 'til I'm 68! Barely got the stamina now, never mind in 15 years!!

2nd annual follow up mammo next week, so I've taken up residence on the jittery bench again! Smiley Frustrated

katytc

They look soooooooooo cuteSmiley Happy!

Last tick on the list completed today, nothing planned for the rest of this week, woo hoo!! GD's birthday party was fab kids running around madly, red faced with all the exertion and full of smiles, lovely, lovely daySmiley Happy!

So staying on the "cosy down sofa/bench", tabs are working well feel tired but NOT exhaustedSmiley Happy!

Good times xx

grumpy

new avatar of Lady Meg and ASBO Joey......

grumpy

katytc

Woo hoo be dooby/blue booby JCJSmiley Happy!! Slurping glitterberry juice and munching crisps, a glass raised to youSmiley Happy! Never had a blue booby...........

Hello and welcome, Lakeslover, you are def not gatecrashing!

Now there's a thought, a BENCHLAND calendar, that means the Dame will appear in twoSmiley Happy!

Think my pose will be my head (with tiara) sticking out of the tardis shed, Lynn arm and varicosed vein leg protruding seductively, sorry hahahaha! Am not doing nakedSmiley LOL!

Gale force winds here and that rain again, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xx

Lakeslover

Sorry for gate crashing your thread, but the thought of Ambleside players doing Calendar Girls is irresistible. I will be there, cheering you on (though not in the cast) 🙂

grumpy

Saw Calendar Girls last night- gives us all hope!!!!! The tanning sallon has done well in the last few months... and the cast must have buffed, exfoliated and moisturised like crazy!!!! No one suggest Ambleside Players do it next year.... Altho why shouldnt I bare my scars???? They are my badges of survival after all, and I'm proud of them.

Lady Meg and ASBO Joey are doing well, cafe manners are excellent, just need to try out pub manners and we shall be sorted.

PS Lady Meg could well be related to Aunt Elizabeth's tribe, as there are very few Corgi breeders now in the UK. Union jacks to be purchased in case of royal visits....

Love to all

Grumpy

JCJ

Plenty of crisps, nuts and nibbles, Ali. Cheers!

Had to laugh: there's a Jaysee Jay (sp?) Anderson in the Snowboard Slalom. Sounds like JCJ 😛 You didn't know I was competing in this too did you? 🙂

Ali_H

JCJ I'll celebrate that with you, cheers!!! Got any crisps to go with the wine???
JCJ

Just realised: Two years ago at this precise time YD was transferring me from one hospital to another, following 'operation blue tit', for my WLE/SNB op.  I'm still here and *crosses fingers* fit(ish) and well! Snifter in the JM and/or lost plottery shed to celebrate anyone? 🙂 (Any excuse? :p)

JCJ

WHOOPY DOOBY BOOBY DO! At long ****** last! We're back online. I was just about to phone S** and give them a piece of my mind (politely, of course - calls are recorded "for training purposes"! :p) I thought I'd try unplugging the router and plugging it back in one more time, before phoning, and BINGO! Here we are. 🙂 There's a few hours back I can spend doing something more enjoyable and less like work! 

It's sunny again this morning too! Happy bunny. 😄

katytc

Hopefully a lesson well learned, grumpy.

Quick run into town, purchased "teas" for a few days, just made a curry, simple recipe!

Hopefully quiet tomorrow, feel a bit tired, then GD's official party on SunSmiley Happy!

Have had the heating on for ages today, it's sooooooooo cold and that windSmiley Frustrated, roll on summer xx

grumpy

Visitors been and gone - oh the peace.

Middle one 'stole' some of my make up to take home, mummy found it, daddy went ballistic, she is paying the postage to send it back, and now has something to confess at her first communion next week!!!! Still it's a lesson better learnt as a child from mum and dad, rather than as teenager from the courts....

Meg and Joey have a fantastic new game called rolling in the deepest muddiest puddle available.....and I get my own back with the outside tap!

Grumpy

katytc

Oh my JCJ, that's a lot of money? and no internet?? Sooooooooo annoying for you, lets hope senior man will do the jobSmiley Frustrated! Makes you so mad when things won't work, hope you enjoyed your few days away.

Well, GD so very, very excited with the bear and bits, lovely seeing her opening box, the eyes and smile getting bigger and bigger! New avatar is her birthday card from moi, I just love it and told her Mum not to throw it out,don't what I'll do with it, but I want itSmiley Very Happy! Small birthday cake eaten, small party with Great Grannies, big party Sun...............whew!

Will have to lie down ALL of next week!

Back to raining here again and the wind that never stops, back to the rhinestone curling in my tiara, knee highs and groovy trousers, just sweep, sweep, sweeping xx

JCJ

I've just moved across from the p**sed off bench to the HOW MUCH????? bench.

New router was at neighbour's house. Delivered yesterday while we were away. No card put through our door! Anyway, neighbour brought it round this morning. I was all excited and set it all up. It doesn't work. No internet at all now! 😞 Spent 40 minutes @ 5p per min on the phone but techie unable to work out why it won't connect. Now waiting for a more senior techie to phone. Grrrrrrrr
Then I had to visit dentist about a tooth I broke on Sunday. Not painful, but I thought I should get it checked. Needs filling, but he also recommended white fillings where my gums have receded and I have 'damaged them by brushing' (FFS! Doing what hygienist TOLD me to do!! :() Total cost: £326. Ouch! NOW I'm in pain! Not sure I want him drilling an already broken tooth to attach filling either. Booked apptmt but may cancel. So fed up.
On a lighter note: GREAT curling lads and lasses! 2 more medals. 🙂
katytc

Oh Kay, it's so annoying you build up all your hopes and hope something works so disappointing when it doesn'tSmiley Frustrated what's your next step?

Have been on the "childhood" bench today as in service days here, it was a watch Tom & Jerry day!! Tomorrow is her birthday so presents and cake readySmiley Happy!

Will have to make a quick dash to supermarket but am glued again to the "CBA" bench, will really have to get my groove onSmiley Happy! xx

Kayteeb53

Hi Katy , bit disappointed really. Still get pain in my back so denervation not worked very well. 😞
Back to the drawing board
Keeping all possible body parts crossed hoping your lidocaine infusions work really well. Keep us posted!
K x
katytc

Hope you are having lots of fun JCJ and FFSmiley Happy and grumpy with your visitors!!

Kay how is your pain now? I am to have lidocaine infusions, takes 8 hours every 6-8 weeks,sooooooooo am on the "feeling a bit excited and a little nervous" bench. Am on the waiting list, should take a couple of months, am thinking that if it works fingers and toes crossed I should be "good" for my holiday, woo hoo scooby doo!!! Has a 60% success rate, so my wee heart is indeed a flutteringSmiley Happy!

JCJ, that's what my flushes do, quiet little ones for a couple of weeks then really ferocious ones about 20 times a day..................there really is no figuring why it happens like that, I'm not doing anything different, really don't get it???

Well because of all the excitement have just eaten a peanut bar and a huge bag of fizzy sweets, should slink off to the " my tummy is soooooo big, if I was younger people would think I was having a baby" bench.

Bad behaviour indeed!!

Where's my rhinestone chariot and my knee highs?? Better get on the ice again xx

JCJ

Made it to Norwich with no delays. Some of the fields on the way were lakes but no disruption to journey. Hope your trip was as uneventful, FF.

Now having breakfast in bed at our favourite B&B 5 mins walk from YD's flat.
I was stupid enough to say, recently, that my hot flushes seem to have almost stopped. Just had a terrible night. Back to the old Hokey Pokey routine! 😞

I stopped drinking alcohol as it made the flushes so much worse, so now I can't drink more than a couple of halves and stay out from under the table!
Kayteeb53

ST you hoping for an alcohol fuelled afternoon? LOL
Katy, skating very impressive, love the way you incorporated your chariot
Safe journey FF, floods mainly around Essex so should be ok
Have good week all
K x
grumpy

Visitors arriving soon - honary nephew, wife and 3 under tens. So bought a LARGE bottle of glitterberry juice to see me through...

The bairns want to go up a mountain tomorrow, so that will be High Sweden Bridge. Getting the Duchess over the stile could be problematic!

Memo to self weigh the Corgi before we set off.

Everyone seems cheerful, if a) damp b)sniffly c) aching d) cream crackered!!!

Grumpy

katytc

Ok who squirted glue on the "CBA" bench? Have been stuck for hours......................

August is fine for me, 2 nights? and afternoon tea no butter? Breakfast at grumpy's cafe?

Not a drinker with all the meds would be under the table after a couple of glassesSmiley Wink!

Have to move soon, get into town, collect present and buy a small birthday cake for GD, her proper party is on Sun, she is sooooooooooo excited, it's catchingSmiley Happy!

Back to grey skies and showers, was drenched on Fri had to put all the clothes I was wearing in washing machine, feet were the only things dry............happy days? NOT! xx