71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Well my low fat diet is now in question. Too early to say whether it's helping, but I've read (NHS) guidelines that show rapid weight loss can CAUSE gallstones - or make existing ones bigger. So, I can't risk losing weight too quickly, can I?? *eats large chunk of fat-free sultana tea bread* 😄

I shall, presumably, have to go back to docs for the MRI scan results. I am going to ask the radiographer how long the results will be and book an appointment for as soon as possible after that day - should cut out a week of waiting? Knowing my luck, it'll be while we're away in Wales?! While I'm at the docs, I'll mention that I've bern ill again and that I do need something done about the gallstone (unless, of course, I have to have treatment for "what else is going on" 😞 )

Your poor daughter, Katy. I hope they fix her soon. It's so tough with two small children when you feel sh***y. I've put some tea and cake by the worry bench - and some soft cotton gloves to stop you biting your nails. xx 

katytc

Aaaaaaaaah JCJ, at the very least you have your scan dates now..........

Will you have to see doc again re gall bladder?

No goodies fell in your basket then haha! You can now sit on the "healthy eating" bench, the only bench I can never find!!

FF at least you can see to shred now!

Hopefully find out today about daughter, she's a tough wee thing and this is flooring her, off over to the "worry" bench xx

JCJ

Well that was a thoroughly depressing trip to the supermarket! 😞 Wanted to get some low fat snacks for when I crave CAKE or BISCUITS but fruit just won't do. It's so hard to buy low fat stuff that isn't either boring as h*ll (rice cakes, cardboard - sorry, crispbread) or packed with sugar.

I also wanted to treat myself by buying a snack lunch to eat in the car - to make up for not having my Friday night chippies. Everything that was low fat had chilli, which I can only tolerate in VERY small amounts, or peppers in, which I can't eat raw because they give me evil indigestion! Jeez! I've suddenly become someone I despise: a fussy eater!! 😞

foxyferret

I am still shredding.  The novelty has worn off and it's now a chore but I've got rid of all the business stuff fron the attic.  Just working my way through the personal stuff now.

Visit to the opticians went well, had no reason to get annoyed as, when she tested my eyes yet again, she agreed that the prescription needed tweaking and the treatment hadn't made any difference.  So, two pairs of glasses off to be changed.  One ordinary pair and one sunglasses.  Best bit about it was that as they have been wrong from the start there is no chargeSmiley Happy Hopefully they will be ready in a week and I can stop wearing the ones from two prescriptions ago which, although I can see fine, give me a headache when worn for too long.

Katy - such a difficult time for you, bench hopping between delight in your grandson but worrying about your daughter.  Hope she gets sorted out pdq.

JCJ - so glad you are feeling better.  I think keeping off fats is a very good idea and if you fall through any gaps I'll come and pick you up!

TGIF and I hope you all have a good weekend.

JCJ

Oh Katy, what worrying times for your ED! Hugs to you both. At least modern medicine has the means to find out what's wrong and sort it! I hope that happens soon.

I decided to give the hospital until Monday before going into docs surgery to see what's going on with my scan. Today, the letter came!! MRI scan is Mon 16th at 1pm. 2 weeks to wait, then probably 2 weeks for results - and at the same time, I'll be waiting for results from annual mammo, which is Friday 6th. Oh joy! How I love waiting for NHS letters??! 

At least I don't feel ill any more. I've decided to eat as little fat as possible in the hope of staving off another attack. I don't ever again want to feel as cr*p as I did on Tuesday evening!! So before long, I'll have to be careful which bench I sit on, because I'll be so skinny I'll fall through the gaps??! 😛

Watch out fot mad axe wielders and manic shredders everyone, and have a good weekend.

katytc

Am on the "what next???" bench..........

Daughter still not right and they now think a piece of placenta is roaming around, tabs until Mon and if she's still unwell a scan to see what's going on, no infection but in a lot of pain. GS doing fine put on 5oz, sleeps all day and awake all night haha.

Off to the "worried" bench now xx

katytc

Geez, feel like wielding the axe myself...................

Dropped my tea last night a curry, went all over the cooker, worktops, floor and me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, then around half an hour ago dropped my special hot choc cup all over sofa, cushions and floor, and am really hoping that the big splash mark disappears, so not sure where to sit on the "grrrrrrrrrr" bench or the "crying" bench, or perhaps the "p***** off" benchSmiley Mad! Am going to the chippie tonight to avoid anything else.

JCJ hope you have phoned.

ch280 fingers crossed for good results.

FF have you stopped shredding? xx

foxyferret

So......................................................my daughter was right all along..............................one of us IS a mad axewomanSmiley Tongue  And it could be ME!!!!!   Right now there are at least two people at my work that really need chopping into small pieces.  Incompetent doesn't come close to describing their work.

Sorry you are suffering JCJ.  Get yourself on the phone, chase the scan date.  See your GP and get yourself referred/put on a waiting list for the gallstone.  Hopefully there may also be some medication that will help you to feel better. Sending hugs and I would put cake in the lost plottery shed but you probably don't feel like eating it, so I'll have it insteadSmiley Wink

Back again to opticians tomorrow, I've done exactly what she said for the last 4 weeks and it hasn't made a blind bit of difference (typed that and then realised the pun!) so I shall be after answers, a new prescription and new glasses. If she doesn't agree to the new prescription this time I shall be VERY ANNOYED and she will know all about it.  Hopefully it won't come to that.  

Hi, ch280, hope your mammo result is all clear.

ch280

Hi JCJ 

my gall stones attacks were very painful and I could usually, but not always, link them to a fatty or spicy meal - even seemingly unfatty foods sometimes hide the fat sneakily!  My GP at the time recommended trying to avaoid as many fats as possible - I must say that going on a fat free diet reduced my weight considerably - rather a drastic diet though and I would def not wish to have gall stones ever again and wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.  the continuous background pain that I suffered was centred more around my shoulder blades - but I know of other people whose pains were different.  I have never regretted having the op - it really made a difference.  All the operations I have had in the past had been because I was already feeling rotten and made me feel better.BC came later and I found it quite bizarre to have an op that I knew was necessary but wouldn't make me feel better as I was very lucky and it was caught early before any of the nasty symtoms started.

Anyway I hope you get some definitive answers soon and yes, I would go back to the GP to a) chase the scan and b) change your mind about living with gallstones.

Hope everyone else is doing well. 

I am currently on the waiting for results bench as I had my annual mammo last week .........

katytc

Oh noooooo am having terrible thoughts of The Shining, will she be chasing us through Benchland wielding an axe?????????.....................I cannot run.................

Yes phone everyone JCJ cause if it's gall bladder that's causing all the issues you at least would like to be on a waiting list, then just slip in about the MRI scan. Have no idea if stress is a problem re gall bladder but obviously not doing you any good, phone them now xx

JCJ

Katy, I think it might be grumpy doing the chopping - she seems very keen to wield bricks and daggers?! 😛

Off work today, yet again. 😞  I'm fed up with having to mess everyone around. It's so 'not me'!  Grrr!

How long do I leave it before I chase up this 'urgent' MRI scan? It's 2 weeks exactly, today, since my doc's appointment - my CT scan was quicker than that to the actual scan, never mind the appointment letter!

katytc

Aaaaaaa JCJ, what a rotten time you're havingSmiley Sad.

Can only send lots of hugs and wish you speedy scans and results.

Am quite into "the headless" bench, though who is doing the chopping?? haha xx

JCJ

Been feeling really sick all day again today with pain under my ribs. Colleague has been giving all the gory details of her gallstone experience, which while reassuring in that her symptoms exactly match mine, has not done a lot to make me feel better! Apparently, she had to wait months for her op, because they kept putting her off! The way I feel at the moment, I can't believe I told doc I could live with it, and didn't want surgery!! I'd have my *head* amputated now, if it would make this discomfort and nausea go away!! :'(

katytc

What are men like????

On the serious side I don't think anybody apart from fellow cancer people understand the fear we all have, it just sits there nibbling at what's left of your brain cells................big hugs to you JCJ and hope you know what's what real soon. Such a long wait for you.

ED looking better and safely home, she's superly emotional today...........GS had jaundice and ED has just popped up to hos because he has a fiery rash on his cheeks so just waiting to find out what that is.

Am on the "it's official I'm a Nannie" bench GS was sick all over me, hahaha, had a crinkly scarf on and it was all stuck in the crinkles, yuckety, yuck, yuck!!

Freezing cold here soooooooooooo have just munched a hot scone with lashings of raspberry jam, am just about to search for the new bench xx

Thank you for the advice about the jabs passed it all on xx

Ali_H

And hello Ch280 🙂
Ali_H

Oh dear, men eh???? No, you're not being overly sensitive, that does rank quite highly on the 'mouth open without engaging brain' scale....
grumpy

Oh yes, we need a Gumshield bench!!!!!! I have a collection of broken bricks (for throwing), daggers (for pinning people to the ground) and loudhailers (for broadcasting their stupidity) so I'll put them by the New Bench. Then we can dust off our hands and have a large glitterberry juice....

Grumpy

JCJ

Excuse me a moment, ladies, but I need to rant.

I know there is a whole thread on here about stupod things (non-cancer) people say, but I'm installing a bench here in Benchland too. It has headphones playing lalalala and there is a large supply of gum shields to prevent us doing damage when we grit our teeth and bite our tongues.

OH asked, as usual, over dinner last night, if there was anything going on this week. I said, 'nothing out of the ordinary, unless my scan appointment comes through, but I still haven't heard from the hospital about it: so much for "urgent"!' He had the utter gall (as opposed to gallstone?) to say: " At least we've had a week of from it. I'm glad they'e not been ringing up or sending letters."

WHAT?? HAD A WEEK OFF FROM IT??? He clearly has no ******** idea the anguish I've been going through suffering with nausea all week and trying not to think about liver mets! Grrrrrr! I know he means well (which is the only reason I didn't tell him EXACTLY what I thought of that comment..... or him at that moment!!)  but honestly??! 

Or am I just oversensitive? 

OK. That's got that off my chest. I hope all ailing daughters and doggies are on the mend.

JCJ

Hi ch280 thank you for taking the time to post, I appreciate your support! 

I know I have "a juicy gallstone" because the ultra sound radiographer told me. We're just waiting to see what else is there!

My stomach problems always seem to start with pains low down, in my bowel, usually all night, followed by a day or two feeling, or being sick then a pain right in the middle of my chest - under the breast bone, which is constant and lasts for 2 or 3 days. And lots and lots of wind!!  Does any of that sound familiar?

I have a small (child size portion)  fish & chips every Friday night, and have done for years, without any problems, so I didn't think fat was causing my symptoms. I'd love to find out what is, though, (and rule out liver mets obviously!!)  as I seem to be having a bout every 4 or 5 weeks - I've even wondered if it's hormonal, linked to the menstrual cycle - but can't tell now Zoladex has put a stop to my periods!

ch280

Hi everyone - it is ages since I last contributed to this thread but JCJ's pains and nausea tales have spurred me on.  I had my gall bladder removed about 10 years ago and I felt better immediately! - In fact so quickly that a friend who visited me in hospital the evening after my op commented that I looked so much better than I had done pre op even though I was still post op groggy and sporting drips at the time! (She said I was a normal colour after several months of being grey!)  My story was a bit similar to yours - my original  ultra sound scan showed a 'shadow' or 'mass' on the liver and so for a while, till after a follow up MRI my GP really thought I had liver cancer - but the follow up scan was clear and we both breathed a big sigh of relief.  If it is gall stones you need to avoid all fatty foods, - read labels carefully! I remember having one attack after a bowl of soup that I hadn't thought about being suspect - my fault really -CREAM of tomato should have given me a clue! I would advise having the op - i have never regretted it.  The only way I avoided the attacks was by eliminating all spreads, converting to skimmed milk and avoiding anything that could possibly have fats in 9like gravy!) Hope all goies well and you have your scan soon and are given good news. 

Ali_H

Grumpy, put gin in EVERYTHING! Splash it on your face like toner, I think we've all earned the right to a lovely and large GnT.
Injections...son, diabetic and therefore no stranger to injecting himself (poor lad) says sit or lie down so there's no tone in your tummy muscles, curl over a little if sitting down so you can easily pinch an inch. You can hold an ice cube in a flannel against the skin to numb it a little first, and then, don't push the needle in, its very sharp so will go in easily, and don't squeeze the pinched skin around it, because that can hurt. I have to say he's much, much braver than me, I was a wuss with the white cell whatsit jabs on chemo. Anyway, I hope they're not as bad as she fears and that she soon starts feeling much stronger.
Am full of cold, and have just got rid of yet another hormone(?) migraine. Is gin good for colds?????
grumpy

Ooooooh, sticking needles in yourself - HORRIBLENESS.

I have to lie down for any application of needles otherwise I keel over, real wimp.

Joey has been given so many bottles of shampoo that the Dogs Cupboard looks like a grooming parlour!!

Meg loves the new vet and has developed a bit of a spring in her (wobbly) step - is this because he's a VERY nice young man?

Hope the new grandbaby is doing well, and that everyone else is on the Onwards and Upwards Bench.

Thanks for tips about painful joints - will try tonic water. Can I put gin in it? The health centre say it can take months for the effects of AIs to wear off, and of course the older one is the longer it can take.....oh bliss. Apparently the extra strong ibuprofen gel is the stuff to use last thing at night.

JCJ

Katy, I had to give myself those anti blood clotting injections, into my stomach,  for 28 days after my WLE/SNB op. OH had to have them too after his leg op. He got the nurse to come to the house do the first few, until he plucked up the courage to do it himself.

When I was first told, I thought it was the worst bit of the whole process, but I did get used to it. It doesn't really hurt that much if you squeeze up a roll of fat (plenty to choose from in my case!) to inject into.

Tell her to count them down - tick the days off. Good luck with getting rid of the sharps bucket afterwards - that was the trickiest part - we had two, from different hospitals!!

katytc

hahahahaha JCJ you are funny a baby in Benchland??? hahahahaSmiley Happy!!!

On the "bit happier, less worried" bench today, though now she is anemic and has to give herself injections to stop blood clotting which she is utterly horrified about, partner feels the same sooooooo that'll be a bonding moment for them.................

Trying sooooooooooo hard to get off the "CBA" bench, it's not working at all.

If you do have to have keyhole surgery JCJ, it's meant to be excellent now and you are on the mend much sooner, less painful etc than the olden days?? xx

JCJ

I had a scarily vivid and real feeling nightmare last night. I have never been so glad to wake up!! I dreamt the radiographer doing my MRI scan told me he couldn't continue becauae I was...... wait for it......PREGNANT!!  Shock! Horror!

I was actually in tears saying I didn't want to go back there again, I liked my life now the kids are grown up. OH, ES & YD were all excited, but I said I'd rather they had found secondaries!! I was contemplating a termination and having to argue my case. It was so horrible!

That's what comes of reading about babies being conceived (The Letter by Kathryn Hughes - brilliant) and born (Katytc's GS) and going to sleep with stomach pains!! 🙂

JCJ

The fire doors in the corridors at school have magnetic doodahs (technical term?! :p) that hold them open. Apparently, as soon as the fire alarm sounds the magnets switch off and the doors close. (And the little ones can't open them because they are so heavy!!) The classroom doors tend to be propped open with assorted wedges.

Don't feel sick anymore, but still suffering with pain around the breast bone area. Feels like trapped wind..... With corners!! I'm fairly confident it's gallstone related - I did have a big meal the evening before it started and big or fatty meals (ie food high in fat, not food FOR fatties!! 🙂 ) are known triggers for gallstone episodes. Lasagne, garlic bread and chips followed by Baileys white chocolate bread and butter pudding would probably fit that bill?? Never again! Shame, cos it was delicious, but not worth the pain/nausea :'(

If nothing else is discovered on my MRI scan - which I've still not heard anything about, so much for "urgent"?? - then the treatment for gallstones is either leave them or remove the gallbladder by keyhole surgery. Last time I was at docs, I felt fine so said leave it, but after the last couple of days I'd probably opt for surgery. Not that I want a third lot of surgery in 3 years (yes, I know, many BC patients have more, but I'm a big wuss!)

Torn stomach muscles??? Owwwy! Get well soon Katy's daughter!

foxyferret

Ooooooh!  Torn stomach muscles??  Your poor daughter but I'm glad that they've sorted her and she is mending.  "Whew" bench indeed.  Yes, I'm still shredding, having to keep records for seven years doesn't help with the small mountain of paperwork.  Nor does having a son-in-law who's paranoid about identity theft and seems to have infected me.  

Ali, thank you for the information.  Will try some of the things suggested.......but really, exercise?.......me??  

Grumpy, my joint pain has been a lot better since I started drinking tonic water. Read that the quinine in it helped joint pain and thought I'll give that a go.  I don't like it at all but I treat it as medicine and get it down and the pain in my hands and knees is definitely better.

Your kitchen looks fantastic JCJ, you must be so pleased.  I remember when I had mine done I just sat in there as much as possible and kept admiring it!  Thanks for the pics.  Hope you are feeling better.

School now ready for next week.  Non pupil day Monday so time left for the things that I haven't got round to yet.  I sometimes wonder about the sanity of those in charge at school now (lots of things have changed in the last 6 months).  Doorstop "thingies" have been fixed to the doors.  Really work well, hold the doors open beautifullySmiley Happy  Unfortunately the doors will not now close properlySmiley Sad  The doors are fire doorsSmiley Frustrated  Seems to me that fire doors ought to shut, or am I wrong?  

Hope you all have a good weekend.

katytc

On the "whew" bench all things have been taken care of, she still is not looking a good colour but tablets etc should help, blood pressure is almost normal. She has been transferred and is now back in our city, which is fab, she is happy even though things have been rough for her and she has to wear a huge girdle thing for the next 6 weeks because her stomach muscles have been torn, physio after that, so a huge sigh of relief.

Baby perfect, just sleeeping and eating constantly haha!! GD has been with me, she has held her baby brother and kissed and hugged him!! It's her real birthday today so she has been munching choc cake, which will be in the shed soon.

JCJ your pictures are very small, will need magnifying glasses to see them haha!! Hope you are feeling better today and your scan is superly soon so you know what's what and if gallstones what happens next? 

Still shredding FF??? I had a huge bonfire before I left my old house, why do you keep all that stuff?? Am also a terrible hoarder..........

Ali hopefully you will have lots of energy soon so rotten when you feel like that.

grumpy have no idea how long, one lady that I know lost a stone in weight gradually took around 6 months after stopping ta"poxy"fen but still has joint pain and that's coming up for 2 years.

Sunny here but bitterly cold brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr xx

JCJ

ARGGHHHH! The photos were all the right way up in my album - lord knows why they have been turned on the links. Grrrrrr Smiley Mad

JCJ

As promised: Now it's finally finished here are the before and after photos - hopefully the right way up this time!

before 1    

After 1

Before 2

After 2

Fingers crossed for your daughter, Katy. I hope they find out what's wrong and make her better quickly so she can enjoy her new baby. Hugs for you at this worrying time!

katytc

Just dashing in, haven't had a chance to fully read  posts, thank you for your congratulations, he's gorgeous!!

Daughter not quite right so lots of tests etc Smiley Sadso Jumping between the "worry" and "running about like a mad person" benches.

Will find out more today, keep your fingers crossed girls xx

Ali_H

Congratulations Katy, hope mum and baby are both doing well now xx
Oh JCJ, I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it, I hope you feel better soon xx
Yes Foxy I think the SAD lamp does help, or at least my new big one does. It's light is bright and clear and white, I use it when I'm bookkeeping or ironing or cooking in the late afternoon. It would probably be better in the morning but my OH doesn't like a bright light to wake up to, and then I'm at work and wouldn't get chance to use it there. When I saw the homeopath a couple of weeks ago she reminded me that depression and feeling low are also SEs of tam, as is the lethargy and exhaustion that comes with depression, so maybe a double whammy of being susceptible to the winter blues and a bit of tam in the mix too. She suggested : SAD light. Get outside in daylight as much as possible. Don't use screens in the late evening/night time (eg phones, tablets, lap tops, ooops!!) meditation (an app on smartphones called Headspace for example) and exercise that you enjoy, especially if it's outside like walking , or the gym etc. she also suggested I start by sorting the tiredness, which means trying to reduce the night time hot flushes so I sleep better, so I've got some homeopathic medicines with unpronounceable names which seem - fingers crossed!! - to be helping a bit 🙂
grumpy

Does anyone still have joint pain after stopping hormone therapy?

I've finished my 5 years on AIs but still got pain, less acute but still enough pain to keep me awake at night.

Any advice????

Grumpy (and aching)

foxyferret

Just seen your post JCJ.  Sorry you are feeling rough again.  Expect that your gallstone is giving you those symptoms...........not nice but not bc related.   Don't panic!!!!!!

Hope you feel better very soon. 

foxyferret

Fantastic news Katy, congrats to you all.  Sorry though that your daughter had a rough time, hope she is a lot better today.

Still happily shredding, only about two years worth of paperwork still to go.  Didn't realise there was that much until I started but on the upside......the loft is now empty.  Got my son to go up and get all the boxes down.  Bin liners of shredded paper to get rid of now!

Went to school today with plans to give one of the classroom floors a good scrub.  What do I find?  An electrician busy installing safety lighting and making as much mess as he possibly can in said classroom and all over the school in general.  He said he would be finished on Friday.  Just when am I supposed to give the school a good clean ready for next half-term?  Nobody told me he would be there.  I am not a happy bunnySmiley Sad

Does your SAD lamp help Ali?  I used to take St John's Wort but I can't anymore because of other meds and it wasn't until I read your post that I really realised that I am not quite myself at the moment.  But, yes, about 6 weeks and all will be well. (Don't think Teva brand of Ta'poxy'fen helps either, so much better on Relon)

Dinner's ready (pork chop, mash, broccoli, carrots, peas,gravy.......one of my healthier meals)  so will eat that, watch a bit of TV and tomorrow is another day.

Nearly forgot........had a letter from the hospital giving me an appt with my surgeon for the 4th March.  Had another letter today changing the appt to the 8th April.  At least they haven't forgotten me this year!

JCJ

CONGRATULATIONS!! Katy. Best wishes to your daughter, I hope she feels better soon. A new grandson to spoil? How lovely. 😄

Hugs Kayteeb! x

Back from Norwich. No letter here. 2 missed calls, but no messages. Guessing my scan won't be this week then? Was awake all last night with stomach pains again and felt really sick on the journey home. Wish I knew what was causing it! 😞

katytc

On the "woo hoo scooby/booby doo" benchSmiley Happy!!

Grandson born yesterday, 8lbs 7oz, he's perfect but ED having a rough time, weren't allowed to see her yesterday but we are off to other city today to see them both, soooooooooooooooo excited xx

Ali_H

Helloooo JCJ ! Yes you're right, and today was a nice bright day and I've manned up a bit 🙂
Did you get your scan date? Hope pub meal was good 🙂
JCJ

Hellooo Ali!

The snowdrops and crocuses are out and I didn't have to close the curtains until 5 O'clock. The days are definitely getting longer. Chin up! Spring will soon be sprung. x

We helped 'boost the economy' of Norwich by eating Indian takeaway with YD and her OH. Tomorrow we will sample the evening menu at this hotel (pub) we're staying in. They've only recently started doing meals, so it'd be rude not to try them??

Must remember to phone surgery tomorrow, as advised by doc, to see if I have a scan date yet - but I don't really want to have to think about it while we're away. 😞

Ali_H

Oh and Katy, three or four takeaways a week is not excessive, it helps support the local economy after all... 🙂
Ali_H

Hello Benchies xx
Sorry to see that you're still waiting on yet more tests and results JCJ, the waiting room is an awful place to be. Good that you've got a holiday booked, surely you will be celebrating clear results soon...
A shredder eh?? I must shred or otherwise destroy (ie light the chimnea thingy) my paperwork, I've got years and years and years of the stuff, doesn't it build up??
Poor Meg...although asbo Joey sounds very handsome...
Any news on grandchildren and births yet???
I'm finding the dark evenings and grey days very tiring, I know it will lift in a few weeks now but the temptation to just curl up in bed and hibernate for six more weeks is almost overwhelming. My new, bigger SAD lamp is helping but oh boy bring the daylight back soon!! But on the plus side I've found something that really helps, Indian Head Massage. Amazing. Too expensive to go often but worth saving up for, I had a massage last week and it was fabulous. 🙂
grumpy

Vet visit today for Meg's checkup - she's put on weight due to less exercise, so it's back to restricted food intake. She's not happy......

ASBO Joey had his bath and haircut, aso he looks and smells gorgeous!

grumpy

katytc

That's the best attitude, JCJ, YOU are in control!

Very quiet today, have slept most of the afternoonSmiley Happy!

Now up and about again and have to think of something for tea..............can't have a takeaway cause have had 2 this week??? Oh no how bad...........off to sit on the "don't care, try to sound convincing" bench haha.

FF you still shredding?? xx

JCJ

Favourite hotel (just round corner from YD's flat. continental breakfast in room in nightie! 🙂 ) booked for 2 nights in Norwich. Train tickets bought.

Cottage booked, near Cardigan, for 1st week of Easter hol. I suddenly thought S*D IT!! I'm not waiting any more. The medical appointments can fit around MY plans!! I need something to look forward to, other than the next lot of results!! The cottage was ridiculously cheap, so in the unlikely event that we can't go, we'll not lose that much. (Cancellation insurance would cost me more than the holiday in my current situation!!) 😞

foxyferret

More waiting JCJ?  Just not right.  Why on earth can't they do the definitive tests first??  I expect it is a matter of cost.  At least you can hang on to the "very unlikely" and also your blood test results being ok.  Enjoy your break with your daughter, let the sea breeze blow away your troubles.

I now have a paper shredder that works and it is so much fun!  Am slowly sorting through all the paperwork that needs to be shredded ( papers from my self employed days that had to be kept for seven years, two years worth of bank statements, bills etc., have I ever mentioned that I am a hoarder?):smileysad: It is quite cathartic seeing it all disappear into little tiny pieces.

Changing the subject, yes, I did get an appt. for THAT van.  Don't these people ever cross reference?  Waiting now to see if hospital remembers I am due for an appt. and mammo in March.  After last years mess up I will be chasing them if I've heard nothing by the 14th.

Fingers crossed for ED Katy, by coincidence one of my daughter's friends is also due this week so waiting for news of her as well.

katytc

It's hard until you know for def so MRI then a mammo?? Gee!

Great that you are away with your daughter, hopefully keep your mind off everything, lots of hugs coming your way.

HOOVERED today, woo hoo!! Sooooooo am on the "smug" bench, won't be there for long cause I feel a "CBA" moment coming onSmiley Happy

Still no baby news ED is convinced she'll be induced, appointment next week, unless?? xx

JCJ

And the wait goes on. I read the CT scan report on doc's screen. It said that there is "an area" that is "unlikely to be metastatic but this can be confirmed with an MRI scan". So it's looking positive, but I still don't really know. Doc insisted that I go for MRI scan even though I tried to argue that I felt fine (and have had enough of inconclusive tests!!) He is marking it urgent, so it could be next week.

I asked about going to Norwich mon-wed and he said " Go. Enjoy the break. Phone the surgery on Tuesday to see if the scan date has come through." YD is going to take me to the coast for some sea therapy! 🙂

I am annoyed that I keep being bounced back to my GP instead of just being referred for next scan. Such a waste of everyone's time! Also, Should have had MRI scan first??

katytc

Hope all goes well for you today, JCJ, fingers and toes crossed xx

foxyferret

Crossing fingers and thinking of you JCJ.

JCJ

Waiting, waiting, waiting! I hope this morning will be the end of the waiting (for now! Mammo on 6th March!) but I'm bracing myself for the possibility of yet another referral for yet more tests. 😞