71.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Letter from local surgery, for me, this morning! OMG! The nurse got it wrong....??? It was just the standard "Having looked at your scan results, I would like you to be seen in surgery ....." But they very kindly added "(Nothing serious was found, so don't worry!)" Phew!!

Armed with this letter, I've just been up to the surgery and booked the earliest available bookable appointment with the doc who referred me for scans - as I believe he is my best bet for a referral to gallstone consultant. Appointment is Tuesday 21st, so not too long. I will wait until I've seen him before deciding on my other options!

I looked into going private and it will be £5000-£6000 and it's such a minefield - choosing a hospital/surgeon, checking their credentials, checking emergency procedures/hidden costs etc, etc, etc! that I just CBA!! (It took me 10+ years to organise the kitchen refit after all!!) I will mention to doc, when I see him, that I've considered it, as I've heard there may be a possibility of "going private on the NHS" - to speed things up (though I'm not sure how I feel about that, morally!! :smileyconfused:)

Now I know it IS "just" a gallstone, I think I will be able to cope with it better, while I'm awaiting surgery. I've just got to be strict with myself about what I eat!! 😞

katytc

NORMAL?? FF?? 

Have they seen you at MMU and other events? You use any excuse to spin on your head..........

Fabulous news, FF another sigh of reliefSmiley Happy!

How quickly would going "private" be JCJ?

If you can do it, perhaps sooner rather than later is a good idea as it has been awful for you, hope you get your appt and can make a decision tout suite.

Another gorgeous day, off into town soon, lots of shopping to do!

Had to laugh this morning was outside and in the car park there were two cars one registration "grr" the other "mmu" how weird was that?? xx

foxyferret

JCJ - I've got plenty of worrying features, just not in my boobs!  You're right, life is different, we have learned that we are not invincible.  My absolute belief that nothing is ever wrong with me and horrible things only happen to other people has completely gone. Although I can more or less ignore it for most of the year, every February,March,and April brings it back.

Ok, so at MMU3 we will ALL be on a low fat diet, wouldn't do me any harmSmiley Happy  I need to lose a few pounds.

Going private could be a very good idea.  Worth investigating the cost/timescale etc.?

JCJ

OMG! FF, I'd have been panicking too! But at least you didn't have long to wait to find there's no worrying features (they didn't look too hard then? I found plenty!! :p) - not meaning to sound bitter or anything??!! YAY though - as I said about mine: That's BC put back in it's box for the time being!! 🙂

This last week brought it home to me, rather forcefully, that life will be forever different once one has "a history of BC". Even though one is apparently successfully treated, it's there, waiting in the wings to scare the heeby geebies out of us at any given moment! 😞

MMU3 sounds good - especially with Revcat too! - but even if I can get doc to refer me, and consultant agrees to operate, it's at least a 16 week waiting time, I've heard, so Gerty the gallstone will have to come too! This which will make mealtimes a real problem - definitely no afternoon tea or fish & chips! 😞 ES, OH & YD all nagging me to go private so maybe.....?

foxyferret

Just to recap........mammo last Thursday, told results would be four to six weeks.  Imagine my horror to find the letter on the doormat THIS MORNING!!  I'm telling you girls, I had kittens!    All is well, "shows no worrying features".  Thank goodness.

Perhaps there is a note in my file saying "don't mess this up again!"Smiley Tongue

Another beautiful day,  I went a bit mad and and washed the car.  Very overdue.  After a winter of driving round muddy country lanes it was more brown than silver but it's looking sparkly now.  Shame it won't last long.

MMU3.  This year will be easier for me to fit in with everbody else's plans.  Any time between 27th July and 28th August will work for me.  It will be lovely to see RevCat again and all the rest of you, of courseSmiley Wink

katytc

Woo hoo scooby/booby doo!!!

Balloons on the benches, just fantastic news, you will feel so relieved and happy now, such a long wait for you, that's the worst part overSmiley Happy!

AND you have not been whingeing, at all!

Oh, Ali, Ali am speechless, rubbing it in....................believe it or not am away to that place shortly. Three weeks today grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Weather is gorgeous, it's fab to see the sun shining and not having to wear socks, another woo hoo moment xx

PS, We can now start planning MMU3, RevCat would like to come and see you all, hopefully we can arrange a date soon xx

foxyferret

YAAAY!!!!!!! At long last - fantastic news for you JCJ.  I'm so pleased and I can finally uncross my fingers!

Lovely day here too, hope it lasts for a while longer.

Ali_H

YIPPEEEEEEEE JCJ!!!!!!!!!!!
Phew, right, you can breathe again now, and concentrate on getting the gallstone sorted without the background worry of 'what if it's.....'
Sorry to rub this in but I've dried two loads of washing outside today, why do clothes and bedding in particular always smell so much nicer when dried outside??? And I've really noticed the SAD is lifting at last, so I hope fellow afflicted Benchies are feeling brighter too 🙂

Lovely yoga lesson today, our teacher has started working with 'just for today' (as in, 'just for today I won't worry about the future' etc). Does anyone else find yoga, meditation and mindfulness useful?
ch280

I am so pleased for you JCJ .....now hopefully you can get rid of the offending  gallbladder and resume life to the full.  Enjoy something nice to eat (no fat of course!)  Celebrate as best you can.

JCJ

THE RESULTS ARE IN AT LONG ****** LAST!! "No sign of cancer in the liver"  Oh TFFT!! Smiley Very Happy

I broke down and sobbed - feel too ill to dance and sing, but at least now I know it's not permanent and can be dealt with. Just got to get back to the doctors and make them look at the Ultrasound scan report again so they see the gallstone. So far nobody (including me) has been able to get past the liver mets possibility!

Thank you everyone for listening to my whingeing and being so supportive - and thanks again BCC for making this forum available so they can! xx

JCJ

5 phonecalls this morning - 2 while I was in shower; thank goodness for cordless?! - NONE of them from doc 😞 Mostly cold callers, and the last one got the sharp end of my tongue!!

I gave up waiting and ventured out to large retailer (think pants!) as I desperately need new clothes for work. Walking out of everything I own. People don't understand why I'm not filled with joy at this, but my rings slither around my fingers, my watch slides up my arm, and I can't make them smaller because one day (I hope) I'll be able to eat like a normal human being again and the weight will go back on. Besides, I don't look healthy - more gaunt! Smiley Mad

Of course there was virtually nothing I would even contemplate wearing, but I did manage to get a skirt and a couple of t-shirt tops. Will have to continue the search online.

I'm glad I didn't wait in - no missed calls 😞 - but going into a busy retail park made me realise how far from better I am. Joining you on the CBA bench, Katy, and I'll try to stop moaning!!

katytc

Oh dear it's just awful, this wait for you JCJ..........you'll be jumping every time the phone rings.

Such a lovely day here, back on my favourite bench you all know which one that is haha!

Making my way down to M as promised to GD, soooooooooooo if you are available grumpy, ASBO boy and The Duchess perhaps we could meet you for lunch or dinner?? Not until June.

Still NO washing machine part grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, nothing I can do apart from moanSmiley Frustrated!

As one of my friends said "it's not made of gold, is it?" I don't know perhaps it is haha!

Am babysitting both grandchildren on Sat, need to conserve my energy for then, that's my excuse for THAT bench anyway xx

JCJ

I rang surgery at 5:15pm. Receptionist went to speak to Dr. He has put in a request for the results and is waiting for them to be faxed through. (WHY??? Why aren't these things on the computer records?? What's the point of having computer records if they're still reliant on paper and fax machines FFS??? Grrrrrr!) I was told he will ring me as soon as he knows anything (and he's not seeing patients?!) "but it may not be today" ARRRGGGHHH! Does that mean I have to wait by the phone like a lovesick teenager for the rest of week?? Wish I'd given him my mobile number. Jeeez! It just goes on and on! Ah well my onc appointment is in June, surely I'll find out then?

Had a hopeful thought earlier - maybe results went to gallstone consultant - bypassing the need for referral - wishful thinking?!! 😛 

My stomach seems to be settling. I actually WANTED to eat tonight, although I couldn't manage very much.

My sister continues to sound cheerful, and has started phase 2 which is 4 more days of daily chemo. Her neuts are now low so she's having to endure 2:30am wake-ups for assessments and, as of today, is 'confined to barracks' and a 'clean diet' - no salads! She's had more freedom to wander than she ecpected, though, and is glad she poked her head outside for a sniff of fresh air, yesterday, because it'll be a while before she can do it again!

katytc

Oh gee JCJ, any word yet? xx

JCJ

Stand clear! I'm on the FF bench!  Still no results! Smiley Mad Doc thinks they may have gone to consultant (breathe! Don't panic!) He's promised to chase them up and ring me today. He seemed uninterested in my gallstone - no referral, just prescribed ppi (no nothing to do with insurance!) to control stomach acid and told me to take cocodomol - didn't even ptescribe that!! 😞 Prodded my abdomen told me to relax when I was wincing because it's very tender.

I am holding on to the hope that the results DID go to consultant within the promised 7 -10 days, and the fact I've not heard anything means there was nothing of concern. Please, please please let that be the case. Turning into a blithering wreck.

Ali_H

How did it go JCJ? X
katytc

Crossed posts there JCJ, fab you are being seen let's hope things will move quickly and pain will soon be just a memory, fingers and toes still crossed for you, thinking of you and big hugs coming your wayxx

katytc

Aaaaaaah JCJ how scary and def frightening, hopefully you will be seen and sorted very soon. It's something you don't want to hang around with as it's making such an impact on your life.

Oh golly gosh can't believe I'm a winner!! woo hoo!!

Oh dear FF, you spotted it with your eagle eye, it was meant to be a spectacular trick to stun you all, it just went sooooooooo horribly wrong..............

Met up with RevCat for lunch yesterday, usual non stop blethering, but guess what??? we synchronised, first time since the Benchland Olympics methinks!! So it was  win, win all round haha!! xx

JCJ

OH went up to surgery and got me an appointment fot 11:50 this morning with a doctor I don't think I've seen before. He didn't ask if the MRI results were in as they were extremely busy - to be expected after a 4-day weekend?! So fingers crossed.

grumpy

Thank you so much for my award, and Meg and Joey are thrilled to bits!!! Mind you, they went for a swim in the lake wearing their hats and COMPLETELY ruined them.......

Grumpy

foxyferret

I am so sorry that you are feeling so c**p JCJ.  Must have been so scary.  Your OH did the right thing in phoning 111, just to be sure and it's got you an appt within three days.  That's good.  Hopefully there is some medication available to alleviate your symptoms. Fingers crossed!

Glad your sister is feeling well, if exhausted.

A beautiful spring day here.  Needed to go out to get milk so put coat on, walked as far as the car and realised I didn't need the coat so took it off.  No heating on either so saving money too!

foxyferret

Well, what a parade that was.  I have never seen such delightful bonnets and the way that you managed to hang on to them when Hump and Dink were frightened by the alligators and bolted, was nothing short of miraculous.  Sorry I laughed when you were bucked off Hump Katy, but the look on your face was just......

Because of the time warp that operates in Benchland you weren't too late at all JCJ.

I apologise for the judges behaviour (I won't be recruiting them again!), Captain Bird's-Eye was already p****d when he arrived and the glitterberry juice in the refreshment tent soon accounted for the other two, although Aunt Bessie did try to sop up some of the alcohol by eating ALL the cakes.

When they had sobered up, with the aid of photographs to refresh their memories, the results were as follows:-

Grumpy - smallest and prettiest. (We know you spent most of your time on M and J)

Meg       - most colourful (a riot of colour)

Joey      - tallest  (comparable to size)

JCJ        - most applicable and most creative (wonderful knitted animals)

Katy      - most flowery and best use of materials (where did you get that glittery satin from?)

Ali         - most chocolatety and biggest (a thing of beauty indeed)

FF        -  afraid I got the gave it a good try but......I spent SO much time organising it all that I thought sticking a chocolate fountain on my head would do.  Apparently not......never mind.

Congratulations to all the winners

JCJ

Managed to stagger out to meet friends for coffee (or hot water in my case Smiley Frustrated) this morning because I had a better night last night. Only had to sit up for an hour in the middle of the night. Masses of painful, foul-tasting belching (TMI?) - better than all night the night before, when it was so painful I couldn't breath and I really thought I was having a heart attack. Nearly dialled 999. It settled down, when I calmed myself down and sat upright in a chair, to the usual mid-chest pain but MUCH stronger.

When I told OH in the morning, he panicked and dialled 111. The paramedic was lovely and spoke to me for ages over the phone, confirming that it was most likely gallstone, but he did make me promise to call next time I was worried in the middle of the night: "Just because you have gallstone problems, doesn't mean you couldn't be having a heart attack!" Oh thanks! That's made me feel sooo much better?!!  He offered me a doctor's appointment that day (Sunday), but said I'd only be prescribed painkillers, and as I need to see a doctor at my own practise re MRI results anyway, I said I'd wait and book an appointment on Tuesday. He's sent a memo through to my surgery, attached to my notes, saying I MUST be seen within 3 days, "so they can't fob me off with 3 weeks next Wednesday!" Helpful! Smiley Happy

It was lovely to see my friends - both retired ex-colleagues - especially as one of them had her gallbladder removed 10 years ago so she was giving me dietry advice. I'd had to cancel 3 previous coffee meet ups (we usually try and do it in school hols, for my sake) due to this ******* gallstone, so I was determined not to cancel this one too!

I finished my bonnet but too late for the parade. It has yellow flowery fabric stitched on it and it's covered in knitted chicks and lambs. In the middle is the Lindt (other...but not as nice) chocolate bunny that was delivered to my sister with her morning meds yesterday - a lovely touch even though she can't face eating it! She's doing really well. Says she feels better than she has for ages as she's forced to do nothing at all, and they are keeping on top of the side effects - 7 different tablets at regular intervals! She did say her morning trip down to the shop for a paper today might be her last for a while, even if she's still allowed to go, because it exhausted her.

Right I'm off to sit in the sunshine in the garden. I hope everyone else is enjoying some lovely spring sunshine.

katytc

Back on the "grrrrrrrrrr" bench thought my days of dropping things were over, no, dropped a bowl of cornflakes and milk all over my newly washed floor!! At least the sun is shining.............xx

katytc

Oh, golly gosh am sooooooooo excited by the judging panel, how did you manage to wangle that, FF?

Ali, your hat sounds spectacular, such thought and effort, particularly like the Australian influence.

JCJ, will forsake my ride on Hump or Dink and instead will push you around on my chariot, you can sit facing front and enjoy the views. You can't miss the parade and will try and make a hat for you out of my favourite, "the original black bin bags".

Really hope you are sorted soon just sounds awful, appt asap.

YD was dancing in a field this weekend near you JCJ, she's back in RevCat's city now. 

Still on the "CBA"  bench, seem to be glued to it most days, trying hard to get over to "the get up and move" bench xx

Ali_H

So, my hat. Two perfectly pert and symmetrical bosoms lovingly moulded in high cocoa content milk chocolate, topped with cheeky cherry nipples. Two nipples to be precise, because I do rather miss my missing nipple. An ocean of white chocolate surrounds them, because sometimes The Benchland Lake just isnt big enough, and a welcoming bench made out of several flakes with mini marshmallow pillows for extra comfort. A pile of chocolate raisins to throw into the Milky Bar Sea, and a cocktail umbrella to shade any Benchie from the weather. A cheery red ribbon to tie under my chin (because I've never liked pink, sorry). And suspended on lengths of thread all round the brim in Waltzing Matilda fashion are little toy camels which bob happily whenever I move . I'm not entirely sure which category I'd like to be entered in, but my hat is A Thing of Beauty indeed 🙂

JCJ I'm sorry you're having such a rough time 😞 xx
JCJ

What? No Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood in your culinary giants line up? 😛

We came home a day early, from Wales as I'd been in agony half the night. NOW I understand why everyone goes on about the pain of gallstones - what I experienced before wasn't really pain - a mere inconvenience compared to this!!
Still a bit sore and as weak as a kitten: all I've dared eat in the last 48 hours is 1 piece of honey toast (Katy-style - np spread!) and a small bowl of muesli - and they were yesterday! Know I should eat, but scared to, and it''ll be a VERY long time before I have anything from the chippy!! ;(
It's a good job it's a virtual bonnet competition as mine's virtually non-existant! Is there a prize for the best excuse for not making one?

No letter from surgery so either: a)results STILL aren't in, b) they've found nothing of concern or c) they already told OH for me to ring on Tuesday. Going to book apppintment asap anyway to sort out this ******** gallstone. :'(
foxyferret

So excited!  I have managed to get three giants of the culinary world to be our judges.    Non other than...

Captain Bird's Eye, Mr Kipling and Aunt Bessie.  What do you think about that?  By the way, anyone putting fishfingers etc. on their bonnets WILL be disqualified for trying to unduly influence the judges. (Only chocolate allowed for the Most Chocolaty category.)

We will all enter left of the lake to the strains of the Irving Berlin song ( trying to get Gareth to agree to conduct the orchestra) and parade as far as the refreshment tent.  Lots of goodies will be on the menu and glitterberry juice by the bucketfulSmiley Happy 

Don't panic ladies, you still have two days to perfect your bonnets. 

Grumpy - please can I come with you to that imaginary place?  I hope your vertigo has cleared up.  Hide the glitter, they can make things without it!

JCJ - I hope you feel better by now.  Surely there must be some medication to help while you wait for the op?  Hope your sister is doing as well as possible. 

katytc

Whew FF, you know how talentless I am and to throw an Easter Bonnet Competition at us at such short notice.........................stayed up the WHOLE night, glueing, sewing and sticking, no glitter involved whatsoever. May have a winner here woo hoo!!! What's the prize? When is the judging? Do we walk as in a parade? Bagsy I sit on either Hump or Dink, soooooooo excited!!

Aaaah JCJ not good, do you have to wait on scan results first before anything is done?

Better news about your sister, a lot to go through.

FF, I thought it was soooooooooooo ouchy, thought it would get better as time passed but no, that's a long wait.

grumpy, am just staying out of your way for the moment, swig some of that glitterberry juice and everything will be ok................xx

JCJ

I'm sitting up on the You Stupid Idiot bench, wrapped in a quilt and my dressing gown. Stomach discomfort redoubled and feeling sick too. Yummy as they were, and lovely as it was not having to cook, those chips just weren't worth it. 😞

With extreme difficulty and considerable whingeing, that's how a low fat diet is followed, Grumpy.

I will cover this straw boater in this yellow floral pillow case, to distract myself. I'm sure the cottage owner won't mind - it's in a good cause!
grumpy

GLITTER? Oh no, visitors at Easter with THREE small children who love MAKING THINGS.

That's absolutely the final straw!!!

Grumpy (very)

grumpy

The Duchess and the ASBO Boy want to enter the Easter Bonnet parade.......which means MORE work for moi! And we are in the throes of rehearsals for The Play........ can't cope, leaving home, moving to a place where the sun shines all day and it rains only during hours of darkness, gardens do their own weeding and pruning, houses do their own housework, corgis brush their own coats and terriers clip their own fluff.

OK, rant over, sorry to be a whinge when everyone else has to cope with varied real trauma....

And to cap it all, Joey lost his Frisbee in the park due to high wind and small brain capacity.

More gin is called for (how do you do no fat diet?????)

Grumpy

JCJ

The glitter would have shown up on your mammo as somrthing to need further investigation, so it's perhaps just as well you thought of the cleaners? 😛

I'm franticly knitting chicks and lambs for my bonnet. Have abandoned the cow (yes, really!) I was knitting as probably not very apropriate for an easter theme? 🙂

Sister had 2nd chemo with only sickness as SE. this time. She said she felt much better this morning. Probably having dose 3 (with anti sickness meds) by now.

I woke up with galloping stomach- or rather chest- pains today. Had them all day. Gallstone kicking off despite low fat diet? 😞 At least I don't feel sick this time and paracetamol and a walk on the beach has helped. We had chippies for tea because I couldn't be ar**d to cook and if I'm suffering anyway......! I only had 1/2 a fish and took the batter off; and about 6 of the least greasy chips. I told OH, If I'm sick tomorrow, to remind me it's my own stupid fault. He says he's not that brave!! 😄
foxyferret

Glitter.....great idea.....put some sparkle in their lives! Yay!  Then I thought about the cleaners and I just couldn't do it.  Sorry but I couldn't.  

The radiographer said to me when we got in the room "Do you have a problem taking off the clothes on the top half of your body?"  Couldn't believe it, what does she think I'm there for?  And apart from that, after the last few years I'm likely to bare the boobs in any random room full of strangers!  Ok, so a VERY painful mammo later she says to me "results in four to six weeks.  I ask "will my surgeon have the results when I see her on the 15th?"  Answer " don't know, we have three people who report on the mammos and two of them are on holiday next week"  Oh great.  How DARE they go on holiday when I need results!

Your poor sister JCJ, hope the second chemo dose went better.

If we wrangle all the alligators away from Benchland would the otters come back?..............But what would we do for burgers?

Right - Easter Bonnet parade on Sunday.  You have all been issued with a straw boater and various haberdashery items.  Prizes will be awarded for:-

Prettiest

Most Colourful

Best Use of Materials

Most Applicable

Most Flowery

Most Chocolatety

Tallest

Biggest

Smallest

Most Creative

And, oh dear, gave it a good try but........................

Judges to be announced later.

katytc

Not saying nuthin' lips are sealed(that'll be a first)!!

Good luck today FF fingers and toes crossed for you, hopefully no nonsense like last year.........

Ali what a super, duper idea made me laugh all that glitter appearing from nowhere or somewhere??? hee hee.

Your sister is going through the wars JCJ, hopefully things will settle for her soon, worrying indeed.

Been to THAT place this morning just finished tidying up and am now settled with a muggatea on the "CBA" bench.

There were otters in Benchland but think they disappeared...........something to do with the alligators, methinks!

ED does have to have physio will find out more today xx

Ali_H

Oh and Foxy, take some glitter with you to the mammo appointment, it might cheer the place up. You could make a teeny hole in your pocket and leave a trail of glittery sparkliness in your wake .....
Ali_H

Crikey JCJ I hope she gets on ok! What a worry....
Nope, it wasn't warm in France but I don't mind, I've got a very warm quilted jacket and tam flushes to keep me toasty.
Rented accomodation, yes, different rules there , bit of a b****r to get a bill like that though.

Did the Plough in yoga today, well chuffed with myself 🙂
JCJ

Fingers crossed for "NORMAL" for you too, FF (no comment about that please KTC :p)

Went for a short walk in the Welsh Wildlife Centre this afto. Lovely place and the rain held off until after we got back to the car - then only a few spots. So much for the "heavy rain" forecast. Chap came to next car and said an otter had just crossed the path in front of him, not 50 yards from the carpark!! Soooo jealous! Would love to see a real, live, wild otter!!

Sister had 1st chemo yesterday and thought she was having a heart attack today - chest & left arm pain. X Rays taken. Not heart attack, but they don't know what it was. She's just been told they're going ahead with chemo 2 tonight as planned though. Ooo er! 😞
foxyferret

Ooops, quite right Ali, Edward not Edgar!  Still closer than the teachers!!  Oh yes, glitter and glue all over the place.  Your weekend away sounds great.

Estate agent at daughter's today to take photos, so an early start and frantic de-cluttering and cleaning.  Just finished in time.

Mammo tomorrow..............not looking forward to it at all.

katytc

Oh my "CBA" with activities????? That's a def no noSmiley Happy!!

Yep laundrette happiness has worn off....................am in rented accom and washing machine comes with house, approx cost of repair quoted is £190 and a joiner will also be needed so costs will escalate! If it'd been my own I would have just bought another tout suite, have never been without one for soooooooooooo long. What a moaner I am..............

Great news about your sister JCJ hope all goes well for her, just need you sorted now.

Ali that sounds lovely, was it warm there?

FF, who should be teaching then?? you methinks haha!

For MMU3 JCJ you will have to wear your tiara, oh so skinny lycra onesie and your flashing light shoes cause we won't recognise you otherwise...............was checking out for my promised visit with GD, have been feeling so yucky recently that I thought trip maybe too difficult but feel so much sharper today, woo hoo!! so def going ahead at some point. It's wonderful to feel fineSmiley Happy!

It was SNOWING here yesterday!  xx

JCJ

Saw an activity centre on tbe river Teifi today. It was called cba! Made me chuckle and think of Benchland. 😄 My thoughts exactly! CBA with "activities" - too much like hard work or 101 ways to hurt oneself/drown!

Sister started chemo! 🙂 4 days of it then 2 days off, then repeat. Transplant on 14th April. That's one worry over.

No rain, despite forecast, today until after we were back in cottage. Sunny with cold wind. Had a pub meal - least fatty thing on menu and gave OH 1/4 of it. Suffering now. 😞 I'm going to get so fat, when the gallstone is fixed,eating all the things I have to abstain from now!! Better start re-enforcing the FB bench in readiness?! 😛
Ali_H

Hello Benchies! I've had a very, very lovely weekend away in France with Him Indoors. We went to Reims to do a spot of champagne tasting, mostly on the grounds that we've always said 'one day it would be lovely to...' and we decided that this illusive One Day may as well be now 🙂
JCJ I hope your sister is deemed well enough for treatment. Katy would a reconditioned machine not fit the bill? We bought one for son at uni, good machine, warranty, good price, will probably last as long as a newer model as they seem to be disposable these days.
Foxy was it Edgar or Edward? And what exactly is a runcible spoon, unless my memory has mis-remembered a much loved poem? I had a beautifully illustrated copy when I was little, I particularly liked the pea green boat. Do the pictures involve glitter? Whenever I see the ads on the tv for the vacuum cleaners (or possibly steam mops, I don't actually pay that much attention) with the Glitter Princess I think of Benchland 🙂
foxyferret

Another day (well, two hours!) spent working my fingers to the bone. Another job that really needed doing but again they probably won't notice!  There is still glitter, there is ALWAYS glitter with this new lot of teachers.  I have resigned myself to that fact and refuse to let it bother me any more.

Katy - thought you were enjoying the delights of the launderette.  Novelty wearing off? To be honest I'm surprised your washing machine is repairable.  In todays throwaway society that's rare.

JCJ - glad your sister got her her bed, (if not a kettle). Hope she is considered well enough to have the treatment.  Yes it was Voltaire (had to Google it, I didn't know!)

Quotation reminded me of something that happened at school a couple of weeks ago.  Children doing projects based around "The Owl And The Pussycat" poem.  A wall display with their work looked really good so I commented on it to the class teacher and the T/A.  Mentioned Edgar Lear and they both looked at me blankly.  I said he had written the poem and they both admitted that they didn't know who had written it!!  Aaaaaargh!!!  

JCJ

I'd be tempted to just buy another washing machine! It'd be delivered next day. Then sell old one when fixed. Lol.

Sister now has a bed in her own room with fridge and small stereo (but no kettle allowed: "she might burn herself"!!!!!). However, the stress goes on because they're now not sure her cold has gone enough! She may yet be sent home again! Smiley Mad
Was it Voltaire who said "medicine: the art of amusing the patient while nature cures itself"? Well neither of us are particularly amused - or likely to be cured by ourselves!!
katytc

Well she's not quite settled JCJ but hopefully in the next couple of weeks..............

Hope your sister is now in a bed, what a carry on, just never ends!

Am going crazy not having a washing machineSmiley Sad totally fed up and still may have another couple of weeks to go, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bumped into a friend yesterday and went for a muggatea, 2 hours later returned home, was meant to be a quick nip to the supermarket haha!

Not too long then FF, no specks of glitter left?? xx

foxyferret

I have no idea what happened with that post.  No rage was involved just frustration! Why should anyone be in pain?  Aaarrgh!  Now I shall have to get frustrated again at your sister's situation JCJ.  Hope she gets that bed tonight.  

Went into school this morning (so nice to have flexitime in the holidays) you could now eat your dinner off the pre-school floor,it is so clean.  Two hours work...............will they notice?............probably notSmiley Sad.  Note to self, DO something they WILL notice.  Working tomorrow and Weds.then on holiday until 13th April.

I know it's only been two days but so much enjoying the later, lighter nights, thank heavens for BST.

Glad that YD's surgery went well.  Hope ED's check up is fine.

Enjoy your holiday JCJ, low fat chili and boil in the bag rice rice is much better than pub grubSmiley Happy

JCJ

Sister due to start treatment today but hospital rang this am to say they had no bed! Grrrr!! She finally gave up waiting for them to ring back and rang them around 4pm. Told to go in tonight "so A&E don't steal her bed when it becomes available". She could be in for a long wait!

It's made me get a grip and stop feeling sorry for myself about all the delicious pub food & chippy takaways I daren't eat!

Just been for a longer-than-intended walk to the beach - Poppit Sands - despite heavy rain forecast for all afternoon. It was drizzly and grey but not too wet really.

I shall now cook a low fat tin of chilli with boil in the bag rice and try not to think about that pub we just passed with a scrummy (high fat of course!) menu. 😕

Glad your daughters are on the mend, Katy. Is mum settled in her new home? No more threats of moving back? 😛
katytc

Haha FF, some rage methinks??

Will wait until May but may have to go to docs in the mean time, don't like most of the painkillers because of the side effectsSmiley Frustrated, The receptionist at lido is really nice so will pop along there with my drip and hopefully she can sort me out, have another review in Aug so will see because think it's pointless to have to wait months again before lido commences again, really stupid idea!

Aaaaaaah docs, results, surgeries.........................hope you are having a nice wee break and not thinking too much JCJ!

Decadence indeed that's what I likeSmiley Happy!

YD's surgery went very, very well, much better than before, so happy with that. ED gets checked this week so will know what's happening with her tummy.

Lovely sunshine here but it's freezing, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! xx

JCJ

You created so much steam in that outburst, FF, that there is a LARGE space at the bottom of your post! 😛 I thought my tablet was playing silly beggers and having half a blank screen again!

No results. Doc appointment cancelled. OH couldn't rebook it for the week after we come back from Wales as "there are no appointments available for Dr W, at the moment. Try ringing on the Tuesday after Easter" WTF!!?  Really want to see the same doc, but I'm going to have to settle for 1st one available after we get back (assuming results in by then!)

End of term Staff meal at a local pub tonight after school. Watched my colleagues munching through 3 course meals while I ate the ONLY thing on the menu that wasn't full of fat, spice or raw onions/peppers. 8oz steak but swap the chips for jacket potato - no butter. I struggled to finish that and now have a windy stomach! Perhaps the pint of orange juice and lemonade didn't help? Such appalling decadence?? 😞

foxyferret

No Katy, please do not wait until your appt. in May to start finding out what is what.  Start right now!  Get on the phone.... make a FUSS!  Crazy is right and I completely fail to see why anyone should be in pain in this day and age.