66404members
349951posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Hi all,

Val I have been sitting on the "lets bury my head in the sand" bench, have been sitting there for a wee while now, tonight I feel stronger and I'm off to "stop being a twit" sofa/bench, going to have a cup of tea and a bakewell tart and lots of sweeties xx

Highlighted

welcome to benchland Clare. We are a mixed bunch. all the more the merrier. Well girls what new bench can we add to the lot we already have. There must be room for more. Val

Highlighted

Hehe my first time in benchland, wont be my last though, the map really made me chuckle and choccies one about when the music stopped very funny. I think i may need to park my bum on several of these in the not too distant future. Would have been on the sad bench yesterday and this morning but i dont think i need it now x

Highlighted

GO TO PAGE FOUR OF THIS THREAD TO READ NORBERTE'S BRILLIANT PLAN/MAP OF BENCHLAND. (NUMBER SIX POST ON THAT PAGE DATED AUGUST 26TH).
CM HAS ANOTHER GOOD ONE A FEW PAGES LATER!

Highlighted

great stuff Norberte- some of the newer inhabitants of the benches could do with your summary.... do you know how to find it and re-post it? It was so fabulous! Have a sit down on the knackered bench for a while first.... Jane

Highlighted

post deleted

Highlighted

have pm u j, fast healing,love 2 all xx

Highlighted

Hi Jeannette - great to hear from you. I'm MX day 10 and it gets better every day.

I'm on the SeromaWatch Bench

Highlighted

YEAH!!! hello everyone I'm Home!!!! Mx/recon/aux clearance plus nipple recon on both sides!!!!

I am knackered and weepy and ever so slightly grumpy???which bench/sofa????

I have not had a catch up yet will do so over the next few days hoping all other october mx ers are OK and Jo C ...who had op last Monday too, we complare notes later....

I am worn out writing this so will read up and be posting in a couple of days, love Jeanette xxx

Highlighted

Scones, clotted cream and home-made jam...... Chocolate eclairs... Tiffin..... carrot cake..... will that do? Shove up a bit.... Jane

which bench did I end up on?

Highlighted

Afternoon Norberte. Thank you so much for all your support
Shove over and I will come down from my nest in the Yew tree and help you eat the cakes while I can still taste them. I struggled up here this morning and intend to laze about all day.
The pain was improved for a few days thanks to taping but the tax has mucked it up today B.......... As you can see I need the grumpy bench as well.
Love the support from all the Forums. I did not think it would be my 'thing' but have become addicted. Sad but true. No doubt it will wear off eventually.
So nice to know somebody else has had what you have. I had never heard any of my patients complain about this bilateral iron band like grip. It actually feels like metal digging in. The annoying thing is I fought to get the bilateral done and was do pleased with it until this happened. Such is life.
Now what cakes have you got in that basket???????
Cackles xx

Highlighted

post deleted

Highlighted

Great picture Val superb improvement! Any room on a bench for a bald rugby ball shaped knackered old woman that can't get comfortable because of chest oedema and nest in yew tree to high to jump into.
Promise to provide food and drink on demand from my picnic hamper.. Still looking for thin Badger pelt like hair with 53 years of bleached blonde ends. Reward to be set at a later date - got chemo brain today or perhaps it is the temgesic.
cacklesxx no hugs too sore round cooper barrel rings.

Highlighted

Yes, what a lovely pair! I've been eating for England today - in the real world so need a space on the guilty bench please.

Highlighted

Hey Val your new picture has mine beaten into a squshed pumpkin 🙂
Valx

Highlighted

It made me smile too. I thought it looked a bit like me! hee hee

I am making chocolate roulade and raspberry pavlova for tomorrow. I have never dieted in the real world so not doing it in benchland either. Eat up girls.

Highlighted

Val - Nice pumpkins!

You've just made me laugh so much - THANK YOU!

Dx

Highlighted

Do you like my new picture? Val

Highlighted

Chocolate cake and double cream, large portion pls!!! Large double brandy and lemonade plus pringles for my supper!!

Highlighted

The thing about Benchland (along with the Woods) is that we don't put on weight here - can eat whatever we fancy (and as much as we fancy), and it's all calorie free - don't deprive yourself of HERE!!!! There's enough of that going in in the RealWorld!!!! Lots of hugs and sleep fairies tonight.... Jane

Highlighted

doc gave me temazepan in the short term but only get 2 hrs and wake up for rest of the night. Can't switch brain off, positivethinking keeps legging it and ohmygodwhatif moves into my head.

Op coming up so bag of nerves and very worried about results. Once I know the outcome I might be better hopefully. poor hubby sleeping in spare bed to get some sleep as I am up and down so much!!!

No choccie cake today if we're watching waistlines, I'll bring sorbet to go with jelly. M

Highlighted

Nothing worse than lack of sleep. Do you need to see your GP just to help out for a few nights. I cannot keep awake but have been in that awful place where you just cannot switch off. I put earphones in and listen to radio 5 live at night as there is usually somehthing good to listen to and I can then nod off.

Okay no cakes today I am making a fruit jelly with fresh fruit in it to save our waist line! Val

Highlighted

Hi

I'm sitting on the furious bench again, I'm FED UP!!! no sleep again and when I do nod off the gremlins are whispering things in my ears, if this is a rollercoaster I want to get off!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Keeping everything crossed for you horace! It's so hard not to be nervous, I haven't even had first one and am already nervous just thinking about it. Imagination runs riot.
Val, what a woman all these goodies we'll all be on the reinforced fat ****ards bench soon. xx

Highlighted

Are you any good at consoling nervous wrecks who have convinced themselves that ordering an online cream tea has tempted fate to the extent that the 5 year mammo will set the roller coaster going all over again?
Vx

Highlighted

Horace of course you are allowed to come to Benchland. You don't have to be having treatment to join us. After all we need some sanity to calm our nerves. I see you posting on the other site so your posts are always welcome.
Well girls I had to nip home to make more scones as you scoffed the lot. But the pups and cats have eaten all the crumbs so nothing wasted. This time it is Cheese scones and Bran scones filled with grated cheese and some fruit scones for the sweet toothed. I have been watching Mary Berry on TV so may give the Brandy Snaps a try next. Never made them before so I hope you don't mind me experimenting on you.
I am feeling very calm so anyone needing a listening ear or a just a good blether and I am your lass. Val

Highlighted

I'll set my cats on you!

Highlighted
Community Champion

AAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!! Horace, You just whacked me with your tail, ouch xx

Highlighted

It's quite a good likeness actually [sniffs haughtily whilst holding tail out of way]

Highlighted
Community Champion

Don't think you'll be able to shuffle off without anyone noticing ie: your pic haha xx

Highlighted

My cats are very therapeutic and will snuggle up and purr hypnotically sending you into a mind emptying trance.
I have just realised I may be an intruder in Benchland as it is a long time since I was 'undergoing treatment' I'll just shuffle off,pretend you didnt see me and help yourselves to the pavlova 🙂
Vxx

Highlighted

Spent ages calming down, reading posts all over site relating to my situation, leaving comments and feeling as if people really understand, will come for tea and scones now. Will bring cake.

Highlighted

Excellent Jane, get here quick - it could be popular.
Watch out - my cat loves bacon. So do I !

Highlighted

Wow! We never had a pet therapy bench before! Fabulou my woodland dog, Soddit, is ace at jumping up on your lap when you're feeling down. He doesn't like the smell of chemo tint. Who does? On my way for goodies. Might bring bacon rolls with me.

Highlighted

I've been sitting on the crazy sobbing lady bench all week and all this morning, am sitting on the f****ing furious bench now, will come over for tea and scones in a bit when I calm down, will bring chocolate cake in appreciation of the welcome.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Slendablenda, Val has been very busy this morning, she has opened a stall with lots of goodies, so let the birds enjoy your windfalls!!xx

Highlighted

If I had the energy I'd go outside and pick up the windfall apples in my garden, make a lovely apple crumble cake with cream and invite you all over to my bench - but unfortunately I haven't so I'll just sit here on the Pet Therapy Bench with my cat Montague on my lap.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Applestreet, there is a crazy sobbing lady bench, I know that one very well!!
Come and have your tea and scones xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi all,

I love the "****ing furious" bench, you can pop over anytime and there is always someone there usually sitting with a very red face (not tamoxifen induced). Eye contact is discouraged and no musak!!!! C'mon over to the "comfort" sofa when you're feeling a little calmer scones and tea served over here! You can pop in and out as you feel like it. xx

Highlighted

need a good cry to let it all out!!!!

Highlighted

Crying now, milk and 2 sugars pls

Highlighted

So am I!
Cup of tea?

Highlighted

Hi

I'll sit next to you then, I need someone who understands today, I'm
F***ing Furious this is happening to me.

Thanks this is the first smile I have had all morning!!!

Highlighted

There isn't an Angry Bench as such, it's called the F***ing Furious Bench.
It's usually quite full but there is always room for more. I'll budge up.

Highlighted

Hi

Is there an angry bench, I feel angry today that this is happening to me, I am feeling a lot sorry for myself but most of all I have got the Why Me? thing going on in my head!!! Can I join the queue for the guilty bench pls I am just having a rant today and feel guilty for that but it's the first one I've had, I have my op this week so I'll sit on a scared bench as well, then after that I'll sit on the Oh god what are the results going to be? bench and then after that I will ask all you kind ladies to hold my hand because I am terrified of the treatment and I'll sit on that bench last.

Sorry for the moan M

Highlighted

Is there a:

"I've defied logic and grown my boob back.
Oh, it was just a seroma after all" bench?

;o)

Highlighted

Welcome to benchland... You will find benches for all eventualities...actually, most of them have been upgraded to sofas. ( on offer at DFS) the guilty bench is one of the busiest s still, and that's still a bench cause if it was comfy you'd feel even more guilty. It's not big, so there's always a queue. That ensures that while you're on it you can feel bad about keeping others waiting. Basically, feel free to add any benches you need, but if you want a good laugh and have time, do in back to the beginning and see how it developed. Norberte did a hilarious summary. Are you sifting comfortably? Oh dear, that got me into a lot of bother on here one time.......

Highlighted
Community Champion

A warm welcome to all the new girls, cream teas and scones and comfy sofas, wow!!!!
I was on the "running around like a headless chicken" bench, all last week. My eldest daughter suffered concussion and had a lump on her head the size of a saucer, so very worrying time but happy now to say she is on the mend!!! So now I am going to visit the "need to lie down for a wee while" bench. Will visit Val's stall first though xx

Highlighted

Oooh, that sounds lovely Val, put me on the list please.

Highlighted

There is an new automated massage bench ( well it is actually a sofa/ bed) on order to arrive soon in Benchland. It is to soothe the aches and pains and aching bones. But you will need to queue as I am having first shot! Think we will need to order a timer next so we can all have a try! Love Val