66854members
352777posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

"Glitterberry" give us a clue RevCat, need something to take my mind of Jane's naughty behaviour!!Boys, ties etc xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

OOOOOOOOOOOOh Jane, we will need to have a talk, you know boys are mostly nasty and mean spirited and they play such rough games, what were you thinking??? Really just stick to teaching origami I thought you had been doing so well too. I cannot forget last time you mentioned boys, the consequences Jane,put it all out of your mind and just think of the multi coloured lilies. xx

Highlighted

LOL, this is why I can't break my forum posting habit! Just made some scrummy bread in my shiny new bread machine, have some sunblush tomatoes in olive oil (so much nicer than sardines I feel) and some "glitterberry" J2O (am I allowed that word on here?)... just what is a glitterberry... come to the midnight feast and find out.

Shhhh, here comes Gwendoline Mary!

Highlighted

Should we all be fancying Jane's older brother? ;o)

Highlighted

are you sure I've not mentioned him before??? Must have done.... (sinks down under desk)...

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jane, this is the first time you have ever mentioned a bruvver x

Highlighted

would you believe me if I said it was my bruvver's???

Highlighted
Community Champion

Well Biff I know you're trying to make me confused so I just blurt out my colour scheme but I am remaining tight-lipped. Oh golly gosh Jane you are truly crazy imagine leaving the boy's tie as evidence...What were you doing with the tie in the first place??? You know we are not meant to meet up with boys only at end of term dances and then only under supervision, Jane I'm a little worried...xx

Highlighted

Sorry Katytc I don't do origami but never too old to learn something new lol I hope your not going to be dressed all in fluffy pink gear for midnight feast !!!

Highlighted

I've snuck into prefect's dorm and done applie pie beds, so that should keep them occupied sorting that lot out before Inspection! We NEED bedsocks with those cold stone floors! My dressing gown is SOOO fluffy.... hope I don't get any sticky bottoms on it!!!! And just in case anyone suspects US.. I've left a tie from one of the boys at the school up the road - THAT should get them into trouble!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Have new jim jams especially for Midnight Feasts but keeping colour a secret just now. Will also be wearing dressing gown, bed socks and slippers just lets say I will be very co-ordinated and a little stylish xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Jane, work what's wrong with you????? You teach origami now and we all have jolly super fun all the time xx

Highlighted

Are we going to compare pyjamas later?
Pillow fight?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes Biff your place is booked, wow, tablet who can resist perfect for after the sardines and lashings and lashings of ginger. Are you into origami?? I've a feeling your going to fit in perfectly. xx

Highlighted

tee hee, she giggles... haven't had so much fun in years! Why did I think I wanted to go back to work??

Highlighted

Hi all
I like the sound of the midnight feast!! can I join in? I promise I'll make some tablet to add to the table xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Ninja you are so brave, jolly entertaining stuff, I say. Will save a slab of gingerbread cake for you, and we will be able to guffaw with laughter at your mischievous antics whilst making origami lilies. Be careful though cause you never know who's listening xx

Highlighted

It's OK, I took the laces out of the Prefects' shoes so they won't be able to walk.
Then I pinged the back strap of their bras and ran away.

Highlighted

Yeah Ninj.

Highlighted
Community Champion

No Prefects allowed! Didn't read Rupert, EB my fave and The Chalet Girls can't remember who wrote those.
I think it was Alicia that was nasty and spiteful but there were more and a Gwendoline Mary who I think was spoiled but it's ok cause they are not coming to Midnight Feast, oops nearly forgot away to check my torch x x

Highlighted

Make sure that no-one tells the nasty, spiteful girls that lurk in Blyton-World.

And No Prefects!

Highlighted

No, it's Mademoiselle Rougier we fear...

Highlighted

Just found the recipe for the Sticky Lemon Bottoms... so I'm off to make those for the midnight feast now that class is over... What larks! (did we all read Rupert Annuals, or just EB?!!)

Highlighted

Who's afraid of MATRON??? Well done SlendaBlenda! Super!

Highlighted
Community Champion

yes still in Jane's class but will be there soon XX

Highlighted

All right then - twist my arm! Can I be in your Gang?
Shall we meet on the Bench by the tennis courts?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Slendablenda really you are very naughty, try and come, please please! I'm very excited to show off my new origami skills just think of all the fun, GIJaneH is a deffo. It's going to be super, just watch out for Matron xx

Highlighted

definitely coming to the Midnight Feast! I'll bring the chocolate, and it'll be so jolly! I hope no-one tells on us!

Highlighted

I'm not coming to the midnight feast. I got caught once raiding the 6th Form Common Room Tuck cupboard for a Midnight Feast once and got the Slipper! It's all too real - going back to the Goody Goody Bench............

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Jane,

Are you coming to the Midnight Feast? perhaps by midnight I will be able to show the dorm girls my new origami skills. Might be a tad late to your class you know how it is cycling round and round all these lanes trying to find potted meat. Jolly good show everyone and lets have jolly good fun tonight.
PS Remember it's a secret, hope someone has a little chocolate and remember the three special knocks.
PPS love the music! da da dadada hope I'm singing the same song.

Highlighted

can hear the music playing...... da..da... dadada DA da DA da daa daaaaa

Highlighted

"Then I'll begin" ..............
Oh, the comfort. Just what we need.

Highlighted

multi-coloured lilies no problem! We could decorate the woods with them too! Lessons begin in half an hour..... on the "back-to-childhood sofa"... Now, boys & girls, "are you sitting comfortably?" Jane

Highlighted
Community Champion

and for sharing hot flush stories.......

Highlighted

A Midnight Feast-just the things for those Steroid Nights!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Am up to my elbows in lemons for the homemade lemonade, when I finish am off to little shop to purchase potted meat, sardines and buns for the Midnight Feast. Can someone cover for me I should be in the library studying, can't remember room numbers for feast, help!! Anyone seen Darrell she'll know. Getting on my bike now. Thank you Ninja felt very thirsty. xx

Highlighted

Yes please Ninja.

Will bring chocolate mud cake to the midnight feast- which dorm are we in?

(feel like reading Mallory Towers again to remind myself)

Highlighted

SHHHH
Miss may hear you!

Anyone for lashings of ginger beer?

Highlighted
Community Champion

Just been outside for a quick game of lacrosse, have now made a cup of tea, refilled the hot water bottle, ate my scone (raspberry jam, no cream) and swallowed two paracetamols. Must have been all that exertion. Jolly good show says me! GIJaneH, have never done "origami" before, probably too busy playing lacrosse and jolly hockey would you be willing to do a little teaching?? I can imagine just strategically placing these lillies around my home. Can you use coloured paper? Am off to plan our Midnight Feast. It's all just super fun xx

Highlighted

Golly Gosh! Is there an origami bench too?? Haven't made lilies for years!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

What ho, ragamuffin, thats a simply jolly smashing idea! Tucks up. xx

Highlighted

Re "A "blether" what a great idea, and a cup of tea and a hot scone with lashings of cream and jam"

In Enid Blyton style -I think ladies, that that is a topping notion!!

Have been thinking of making some strawberry jam and that's just the incentive to get on with it, so I'll bring the jam. Will get me off the guilty bench for a while too.

Highlighted
Community Champion

WOW!!!! Val, am well impressed with the new sofa, my favourites were the St Clair and Mallory Towers girls, I just loved the stories. I did read The Secret of Spiggy Holes but can't remember too much about it now. I preferred the boarding school stories. My new sofa is sooooooo cosy, you're most welcome to come over and munch the scones, trying not to drop any crumbs, oh my, feel a little guilty but not moving!!!xx

Highlighted

New Sofa ordered for Kaytc that has a heated underblanket and a soft light goose-down duvet. May just cuddle up beside you! Val

Highlighted
Community Champion

Lovely day here too, watching people just wearing t shirts walking along the walk (short cut into town). I am always cold and have on jumper and two t shirts, am sitting with a hot water bottle too and will have to put on coat when I go out later!!I moved here pretty recently and am sure people must think I'm a little eccentric but I'm really cold. I am going to bring my duvet over to squishy sofa, looking forward to LL's homemade scones, I'll bring jam and cream, yum yum xx

Highlighted

Hi Jeanette, Weather varied throughout the day. Bursts of sunshine then it clouds over. Hope your pre op assessment goes Ok. Not sure if I am well enough to visit you in hosp right now but keep me posted and I will play it by ear.
Scones sound perfect. Edid Blyton. Did anyone read "The Secret of Spiggy Holes" or the "Secret Mountain". It wasn't eh famous five series but set in Cornwall/Dorset/or Devon and inc=volved smuggling. read it and read it and read it over the years. Lent it to someone who forgot to return it to me. Would love to read it again now I am in my 60s!
Love to you all, Val

Highlighted

Now I should go off to the smug/guilty bench...or sofa??? as I have to say it is BEAUTIFUL here warm and sunny!!!

What is the weather like up there Val I am up tomorrow, just for the day, a flying visit for pre op assesment ready for JMD to do his stuff next Monday!! Hope you are soon feeling a little easier ...Lots of love Jeanette XXX

Highlighted

What was it with EB and lashings? Lashings of ginger beer, I remembertoo.
Would rather have the lashings of cream and jam though.
I am beginning to believe that just thinking of food makes me put on weight.
It's really grey outside, budge up on the squishy sofa and let me at the scones

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Val,

Settle back and enjoy your squishy sofa, everything is at hand so you don't have to feel guilty! A "blether" what a great idea, and a cup of tea and a hot scone with lashings of cream and jam, takes me back to my Enid Blyton days!! x x

Highlighted

Can I request an "out of puff" bench/sofa. Not managing very well at mo and spending a lot of time in bed sleeping. Low HB is the reason. But I would love to have a "blether" and some female company to moan and groan and listen and learn. Hugs to all. Keep the thread going I just love it! Val