65644members
345943posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Had another good day, met up with an old friend from primary school days, lots of funny stories.........and more hot chocolate!
Am now on the "tired but happy" bench, bed early tonight and tomorrow and the next night xx

Highlighted

Jane, yes a bit more thinking time is always useful, especialy as my brain is a bit scrambled with Barley sadness. BUT I could have done this thinking over the summer if I'd had the information from Monday given to me in June!!! I always ask loads of questions, and I've told the clinic several times to volunteer info to me if I haven't asked about something significant. After all I'm not a medic so there will be questions I won't ask because I won't know there's something that needs asking about - if you follow me.
Anyhow spoke to BCN today and she agrees that it's a good idea to trundle off to a PS to get more info/second opinion etc. So on the Waiting Bench now and I'll just put it to the back of my mind until the letter comes.
Going to take the Only Dog out now - she's getting longer walks again and loving it.
grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Perhaps more time to be sure about what you want is good Grumpy, especially when you are grieving for dear Barley? Get ALL the facts this time and make the right decision - FOR YOU. You've waited yonks already so what's a few more days? (Yes, I know..... I'd be just as frustrated, impatient and unable to see that point of view, if it was me!)

On the CBA bench again tonight. Probably should be on the totally Kna**ered Bench - but CBA to move to it!

I was very annoyed to hear the local radio presenter, while I was driving to school both yesterday AND today, going on about it being half term this week. No it f*****g isn't! Not here! Ah well. Only 3 more 'get ups' now. ('Though we have to be 4 miles from home by 6.25am next Monday, to meet pick up to our coach. Nooooo!)

Is it the darker nights/mornings making us all so tired? Or did we all party too hard on Saturday?
Highlighted

It's deffo the darker mornings...I thought it was the middle of the night when the alarm went off this morning...pitch black!!!!!...just rolled over and thought...another five mins..looked out the curtains..don't know why...always do..and nothing but black...still the clocks go back soon so it should be easier then..mind I was quite awake this morning..spent last night on the CBA bench..also known as the sofa...until bedtime..was shattered yesterday..

Highlighted

Today I read Woman, and Essentials, and House and Home. There was a delay. Tomorrow I'm hoping to get Vanity Fair or Cosmopolitan 🙂

Shoulder aches, I think it's the lying funny for treatment. Trying hard not to get sucked back down into the illness thing again, if you know what I mean. I WAS feeling quite well!
Can I decorate a bench with a pumpkin lantern, or is that only allowed in the Woods?
Highlighted

Went to the cinema to see live transmission of Swan Lake from the Royal Opera House (based on the Nureyev/Fontayne version) for a treat. Had to leave at the interval due to coughing and sneezing fit!!!! So now on the Hot Toddy Bench with box of tissues to hand.
sniffle, sniffle - and I've had my flu jab!
grumpy (and snotty)

Highlighted

I've stopped by the Lake to throw in a bunch of guilt from calling and cancelling my herceptin today. Felt too ill to go in, but now think I should have just forced myself. What is this dire illness going 'round???-- to make matters worse, I've given it to OH, so now we're both miserable and cranky.
Hang in there Ali. I was quite surprised at how stiff radiotherapy made me, and how it has (even till now) persisted. DO THE EXERCISES!!!! (did I spell that right, it's too late...). With me some of the days, I'd breeze in with nobody there but me, and other times I'd be waiting hours and hours. Who knew you could catch up on a year's worth of Gardening World in a month. I think we can do whatever we darn well want in Benchland, so festoon away.
Grumpy, I hope you're feeling better today after your distresses of the past few days. Give O(nly) D(og) a big hug.

Highlighted

This is going to sound really ditzy...but I forgot to do the exercises last week and this. So thank you for a timely reminder! I've also got company for the rest of this week's sessions so hopefully the waiting will pass much quicker. I hope you and Grumpy both feel better soon...and yes, dark nights and dark mornings....ugghhh. I think a lot of us feel like we missed out on summer this year, either with feeling poorly or going through various treatments, so to be faced with cold and dark when we haven't really had warm and bright is a bit of a blow!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Daughters' birthday today so I went to her house after work for tea and cake. I was teasing her about only being three years away from the big four oh.....and she smartly replied that I would hit the big six oh before then. All very lighthearted and teasing........and oh my goodness (in deference to Revcat) for tonight I'm on the feeling very old bench. My childrens' birthdays always make me feel old.... how can they possibly be 37 and 33!!!
Tomorrow I shall be back on the feeling thirty bench.

I have recently started doing the arm exercises again as although I've no stiffness or lack of movement, I just have no strength in my arms and shoulders. Have now added two tins of baked beans into the exercise and hope for improvement soon.

Quail - you're right to chuck that guilt, I do not how how Herceptin affects you but if you didn't feel well enough then you weren't well enough.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ali - our posts crossed but I was only thinking earlier that.... did I miss summer and the lighter nights? Where were they? I was diagnosed in Feb so it was dark then and it's dark now....did summer happen...? I think I missed it.
Highlighted

Pretty much the same here Foxy, diagnosed end of jan. Feb till June was chemo and all of its associated SEs, July mx, August recovering. Back to work briefly in September, so summer missed really! Everywhere looks so lovely at the moment with the falling leaves, but in a couple of weeks the trees will be bare and the cold weather setting in. Oooh, I sound like my Granma! I'll be complaining soon that it hasn't been cold enough to kill the germs/wasps/whatever it was....

Have done my shoulder exercises, and it's helped! Also has shifted a bit of the niggling tension headache that's been building over the last few days, so HUGE THANKYOU to Quail!! OH calls it the 'The emergency exits are here, here, and here" routine 🙂
Highlighted

made me smile Ali! My shoulder got stiffer towards the end (despite the exercises) but was bearable and all round I didn't find rads too bad. Friends offered to drive, so I had different people to chat to each day, and that made all the difference. It became fun, not just a chore.. bless 'em. I swear because of that, I didn't get any extra fatigue. (Had enough to start with!) Winter can be grim, but I like to think of being warm and in front of a fire, and .. and ... (I'm TRYING!) and...
oh bother... I give up....
have a good day....
love Jane

Highlighted

Ok, winter = snuggly cardis, closing the curtains and putting the lamps -or even better, candles!- on, stews and proper puddings with custard, homemade soup, boots and gloves, fairy lights at Christmas, shortest day because technically the nights start drawing out, frosty crisp mornings (especially if you don't have to go anywhere and can admire it with a cuppa)....
Although January is best spent in hibernation 😉
Highlighted
Community Champion

Love the sparkly. frosty mornings. How pretty everything looks the trees, even cobwebs!! (another SPARKLY thing, had no idea that I obviously love sparkles cause I keep talking about them)!!
Think it's why we put on weight, it's so cold and who wants a salad? You crave something more substantial, so the only way I'm loosing any weight is if I move abroad.............
Happy Birthday to FF's daughter, it was my daughter's birthday on Mon she was 29 so biggee next year, it is true time does go so quickly. My GD had "halloween" disco last night, she popped along to mine so I could see her costume and make up she looked fab, lots of spiders attached to her costume, even a flashing one!!! She had great fun and danced lots, sounds like our parties!
On the "better have a quiet day" bench, later, I want to read my book with feet up, ohhhhhhhh the luxury!! xx

Highlighted

Well, just nipping in to check on spoons, hankies etc before I disappear 'north' for a few days.

Good advice on keeping up the cabin crew impersonations during rads... I still do some arm/shoulder stretches daily in the shower as I was told to keep them up 'for life'. Doing them in/after showering was suggested as the warm water helps warm up the muscles and eases the stretches an extra mm or so.

Other joints are pants today! Tam is working his wonders in causing small join arthralgia and I rather overdid the chopping on Monday for our fab Nicaraguan feast... slaw style salad dressed with lemon & lime juice; gallo pinto, a chicken dish, and tres leches cake to end with. Plus damp and cold doesn't help I don't think. Tendons make an impressive 'crack' when I straighten my toes or fingers for the first time each day and all my little joints ache 😞

Having been born in the depths of winter, I enjoy this time of year and love winter. And I have a BIG ZERO coming up in December - with a five on the front of it. I am so excited - two years ago I genuinely feared I would be dead by now, no piint mincing words, so every year is a party and NEDette parties are the best! 🙂 FF I think your offspring are merely envious of your youthful demeanour.

Hope the rads go OK for those being nuked - at least you will glow in the dark and be able to find your way back to the car/bus/train. Hugs to all.
Highlighted

As I lay of the sofa this morning at 4.00, unable to log-in on my ipod because I couldn't remember my password, and not wanting to turn on the computer and rouse OH to voice the ire that I know he must have been feeling because of my incessant coughing, I thought about you, RevCat. I thought (a bit muzzily) "how can RevCat go up North--She IS up North?" Then I thought, "Oh of course, she's going to the North Pole, must be something to do with Christmas, her being a rev and Saint Nick, being, well, a Saint". So, don't let us distract you from any important message you may be taking "up North", and don't forget to wrap up warm--It'll REALLY be cold up there!
Me, I learned to love winter last year, partly by installing the love of my life, a beautiful little woodburning stove. All last winter as I braved my way through chemo, it's warm flames gave me hope and cheer, and I've found myself, for the first time since being in England (fifteen years now!) looking forward to the ridiculously early nights and cold mornings: they are just an excuse to get that fire crackling again.
Hope you are all feeling bright and chirpy this morning, even if it is a bit "mists and mellow fruitfullness" out there. Hope the rads are uneventful, the glitter firmly in its can, and the years held in check for everyone today--I'm going to duvet-it again today, so I can try to be fit for work tomorrow. Do you think it's too warm to light a fire?

Highlighted

Morning Ladies - is it a bit grey outside where you are? Hope it cheers up a bit for our walk soon.
The new photo is Millie, the Only Dog, when she caught the eye of a chap searching for MODELS!!!! Unfortunately she didn't pass the selection process as - shhhh, don't say I told you - she isn't very bright. Still, who needs brain when you are pretty and affectionate.
I think I've heard that somewhere before!
grumpy (and not QUITE as snotty as yesterday)

Highlighted

MOD is pretty as a picture, Grumpy. She's not worried about the grey skies. Look at those HAPPY ears!
I would have chosen her.

Highlighted
Community Champion

grumpy, such a really happy picture, it's just lovely xx

Highlighted

Felling smug and virtuous today (as well as a teensy bit rebellious). Went out briefly yesterday on the blue machine to show off my new toy to a friend, and got back 70+ miles and several hours later. What a lovely day for a ride, particularly when I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere and it wasn't too cold, so I could just enjoy the scenery and practice riding safely. The smug bit is that I actually went out this morning and washed it so it's back to being a bit shiny now.

Had second interview and I THINK it went very well (or did I say that already?) but I'm up against two other people, so I've done the best I can, and now I just have to hope that I'm more suited to the job than they are. I have a 33% chance of getting the job. Seeing as I had much less chance of getting BC and still got it, I'm hoping the odds work for me today.

Highlighted

lovely piccie of your dog grumpy..commiserations on your cold quail...get back under that duvet..here's a hot toddy for you and a pretty hot water bottle...choccie...best wishes for your job..all the luck to you...Ali..positive thoughts for winter from you...I like snuggly cardis..more excuses to go shopping....supposed to be saving money..not v good at it though...I love frosty mornings...v pretty..younger daughter used to call our lawn...crispy grass..when she was a little girl..

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Not enjoying these grey, damp days. I much prefer the cold crisp ones - as long as the roads/pavements are not icy, if I've got to drive/walk anywhere. Both OH and I are going to be even more paranoid about falling on snow & ice after his broken leg, in February, and my damaged coccyx (from forceps delivery and then landing hard on it several Easters ago - slipping on snow!)

I like the idea of sitting in front of the fire with a big fleecy jumper on - but this winter, I'm not sure how that's going to pan out with the flushes. I've bought some zip up fleecy jackets for easier ventilation!!

What a day today! The 6 year old triplets are back in school after 2 weeks holiday... and didn't I know it!! What a difference they make to their class. Such hard work!

Choccie - I've still got everything crossed. When will you hear about the job?

Love the happy Millie photo, Grumpy. She looks like she's loving being in the sea.

Oooh RevCat another excuse for a party - the big 5 oh!! - no wait! I've not recovered from the last one yet! I hope you enjoy your trip (further) "Up North".
Only 2 more get-ups!........................snzzzzzzzzzz
Highlighted

I ran for a bus today! It was the wrong bus, but hey...so impressed my legs could remember what to do! 🙂
Highlighted

I think we should have a Virtual NEDette Party in Benchland for Revcat's Significant Birthday - I'll do the cheesy puffs. Now oop north these sort of parties are referred to as either a Jacob's Join or a Faith Supper (cos you have to have faith that you will get a balanced buffet).
Millie says if alliburgers are on the menu she wishes to order three.....
There's a nice little Patterdale cross terrier age 7 advertised in the paper as needing a home....... oh deary me!!!
grumpy (and not snotty at all today)

Highlighted

So glad you're no longer grumpy Snotty.. no.. that sounds wrong.. Rewind... So glad you're no longer snotty Grumpy! Fingers and everything else crossed CM, which will make work a little trying today!
RevCat - you BABY GIRL!!!!! Remember that particular birthday - had a party.... I think a virtual NEDette party is essential - it's at least a week since we had one! We can start planning now... I'll bring the balloons and the chocolate banana pudding..... We can light a fire with some damaged benches... or should we repair to the JM in the Woods and keep warm?
Ali - running for a bus? Impressive! My joints feel so elderlyl I don't think I could any more 😞 Had a fab manual drainage session from a lymphodema nurse yesterday, who showed my OH how to do it...

have a good day all...

Highlighted

Party!!! Yes, how exciting! I think round here they are known as fuddles? Anyway, I'll bring an onion, bacon and taleggio cheese tart, and some mince pies made with my high brandy content mincemeat. Fab idea G I Jane 🙂
Grumpy are you going to adopt that little terrier do you think? Glad the snot's dried up! JCJ, 6 year old triplets!!!!! Bet they make for a lively classroom.... Fingers crossed for the job Choccie, when do you hear? Oooh, questions, questions....
Right, must get up. I must. Even though it's lovely and cosy in bed, and it looks a bit soggy outside... Timing of rads today means I get to spend the morning at work, wey hey!!!!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Ali, running for a bus?????????? What's wrong with you??? On the "superfit" bench for you!
Always up for another party, I'll get giant birthday card and appropriate badge, you now are all aware of my cooking skills soooooooooooo I'm going to try a toffee and pecan pie, can do aliburgers, tomato sauce and salad. If we can borrow the flamethrower from the Woosies, we'll be able to cook alligators at the time of catching, saves lots of time!!
Lots of sparkles, have to be very furtive and find out RevCat's favourite things so we can decorate Benchland! So we'll quietly throw questions out there when she comes back from even colder place than she lives now!!
Good luck to all with zappings, treatment and everything else (triplets too)!
Am off shortly to find finishing touches for YD halloween costume, so am now going to the "nightmare" bench cause she always spends too much, can't decide what to wear, gets in a bad mood and I try to keep smiling sweetly! Help xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Lively is one word to describe 6 year old triplet boys ----- I have others, (but mustn't use them - not professional! )

Could we spit roast an alligator - like the hog roasts they have at bonfire nights? We'd need a very long spit and a big fire - all the more room for choccy bananas and baked spuds! 🙂

I've just picked up my next Tamoxifen prescription and it's yet ANOTHER brand. 😞 Generics this time. The box is HUGE. I hope that doesn't mean the tablets are proportionately bigger! This is my 4th variety now - unless Teva(?) and APS are the same. My repeat prescription form says "Review Overdue" please see a nurse to review your prescription. NO! Absolutely not! All items on it have been prescribed by onc - apart from iron meds which I'm not taking at the moment anyway - so they're not going to mess with it. I don't want to take time off work for a pointless appointment (need to be off enough for important ones!) and I'm away all next week during half term. Grrrr!

Running? Bus? What are they? (OMG - that makes me sound like a snob - was only trying to be funny! :))
Highlighted
Community Champion

JCJ be careful, I get the review overdue and then I get warned again and then they refuse to dispense the meds!! They never mess with them and yes it's a pain having a pointless appt. It is easier than trying to get an emergency appt for a prescription though.

Another party... ooh yes please .... although someone tell me what to bring/decorate/do I'm too tired tonight to think of anything other than bed.
Have been helping my daughter with her tax self assessment.......that really means doing her tax self assessment for her........and she is not the most organised of people......" how much did you earn last year dear?" "I don't know" "It's on your P60" "Oh I've got that somewhere" etc.....we got there in the end but my brain is mush. At least I got a lovely dinner out of it.
Highlighted

Wow been a busy few days in BENCHLAND !! I'll try hard not to miss the next party, love the thought of dancing (which generally I dont do..) Aliburgers sound yum, I will make one of my famous Lemon Drizzle cakes, all syrupy and sharp and sweet.
What is a Woosie? and why do they have flame throwers?
Highlighted

JCJ a bus is a large blue vehicle speeding away from the bus stop, with 9A proudly emblazoned on its back. It was only after I'd run in a futile attempt to catch it that chemo brain apologised and reminded me I actually need the RED bus, route 9........

:)
Highlighted
Community Champion

Halloween shopping went well, thank goodness!!
MRI scan read by onc ,saw all the things we already knew that were wrong but NO bc related things, Yahoooooooooooo!!! Only have to find out who is actually going to deal with "arthur"...........it just goes on and on, think I may have to see doc to see if anything can be done faster, they all know what they are dealing with, Grrrrrrrr.
Postman just arrived, have an appointment for orthopaedics who I have no doubt whatsoever will refer me back to Rheumatology Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! And that's where it all began around 5 months ago, need to stop myself cause getting a little mad!!
Woosies=Woodies, they have the flame thrower!
Beautiful sunny day here, xx

Highlighted

BIG congrats katie...at least you only have to put "arthur" in his place now... Ali..fantastic that you have the energy to run...I don't do running.. not voluntarily anyway...didn't before my dx..the last time I ran..beloved grandchild did a flit in asda about a year ago..and I had to run after him...he stays in the shopping trolley now..he's heavy to push but my heart wouldn't stand the fright again!!!...nannabarb..I love that name...my grandson calls me nana fluffy head..just use your imagination and a baby owl picture in your mind..to understand...A woosie is a woodie with an s instead of a d..can't remember how it came about..I am proud to be one whatever we're called and we have flamethowers to fire at the "gremlins"..physical and mental se's that come to torment you in the middle of the night...if you come to the woods..there's a big pile of flamethrowers outside my tent..mine is beside the lagoon it's the one with a two fingered flag and a pair of frilly bloomers hoised on a flagpole..my bum is too big for a thong!!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you apple, keep smirking after reading your post, hahaha!!
I sometimes go into the woods if you look above the tents and nests in the large trees, you may spot me!
I'm the one with the red, hairy face and new style clumpy haircut, no hair on back soooooo far but who knows??
I swing from tree to tree on my way back to Benchland, keep your eyes peeled I maybe at a tree near you soon xx

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Great to get confirmation that it *is* "Only" Arthur, Katytc! Another excuse to party - again! 😄

I'm on the smug-but-kna**ered bench. I made it to the end of the longest half term EVER! 🙂 Just skived a couple of staff meetings and came home for my PPA a couple of times, otherwise present and correct (ish) every single day. Definite improvement on the summer term! Couldn't have managed another week. Very glad we've made it to the holiday now though.

Now I'm just psyching myself up for a ridiculously long coach journey on Monday. Ah well, could be worse: could be driving - or putting up with OH driving at 50 mph EVERYWHERE (including on M.way and in 30 speed limits!!)

Apple - ALL bums are too big for thongs - that's the whole point(lessness) of them?? Personally I'd rather give myself a wedgy - probably more comfortable?
Highlighted

JCJ...if you ever watched Benidorm...I would look as ridic as Mel did in his thong...only more chubby and not brown as I was quite sensitive to what little sun we had in the season that masqueraded as our summer..Katy..I shall keep out a weather eye for you in the woods..you will be able to see the top of my head if you look hard enough..it's all fluffy and curly...and g.r.e.y..that's why beloved grandchild keeps ruffling it!!...can't wait for the end of Nov..it's my birthday and 6 months post chemo..I am going to see my hairdresser to see what she can do with it...probably tell me to put my wig back on!!!!

Highlighted
Community Champion

So that was you Katy in the oak tree on my way home from work. Just caught a glimpse and thought "why's that woman up a tree?" I didn't realise Benchland was so close to my house. Brilliant news about "arthur". Don't let the docs give you the runaround.
Half term - yay! Enjoy your holiday JCJ.
I had to run after my 2 year old grandaughter a little while ago, she was heading for the canal and I was nearest, she was fine but I had to sit on the towpath for 10 mins to recover......while my son laughed his socks off!

Have a good weekend ladies, see you at the party.
Highlighted

How come Woodies are known as Woosies in BENCHLAND. You are the ones that have lace hankies - woodies have flame throwers!! You have benches and spoons - we have tents and two fingered flags.
Sitting on the bemused bench over there ---------------> waiting for the JM bar to open in the Woods

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Noooo! Just watched QI and apparently they never had "lashings of ginger beer" in EB land. It was "lashings of boiled eggs"! I don't remember that!!
Highlighted

YAAAAY fantastic news Katie,
Applestreet, your hair sounds a bit like mine, although I would mind if it were a bit fluffier, Not enough there really to qualify as fluffy... BUT looking fwd to tomorrow to relax on the Relieved bench for the day (New little lump I found a few weeks ago that was removed 2 weeks ago is BENIGN
Thongs .... ouch, noo..... You can tell Im a fridge-picker cos I were bigger knickers...

HAPPY HOLIDAY JCJ even with your 'Sunday driver'
Highlighted

tried a thong - once! What on earth is a wedge???? Mind boggles! I'll join you on the bemused bench ST !!!! Feisty residents in The Woods. Mind you, benchers are feisty too.... I think RevCat pampers us with lace hankies.... spoons are essential kit.... and there are thwacking ladles here too.....

On the "bemused bench" for another reason too... thought Lyn Fedema was behaving herself better - my hand was better, my upper arm was improving. Saw LD nurse yesterday who agreed, but added that my lower arm was 3% worse in a month.. 😞 Keep up the massage and sleeves, review in a month... she did MLD, and I've done everything I'm supposed to do.... and behold! This morning my fingers and hand are swollen again! Why? No logical reason! I was going to do arty things this morning (maybe design a Christmas card?) .. perhaps that's why! Monty Python Pink Foot arrived! Well, stamp feet, I WILL play today!

enjoy the sunshine, sprinkling of white stuff in places here, but not much

love Jane

Highlighted

I always thought the woodies earned their woosies nickname (libel?) due to the rumour that some of them were seen getting a little muzzy after a glass or six in the JM (one even overheard gushing "*hic* Shing me another, Pierce Broshnan, pleeeesh *hic*" at 4 or 5 in the morning, perhaps?) But that's not my experience--it's all hot choccie and dogs and cats in the Woods these days.
That Lyn is a real trouble maker, GIJ, and needs a good ladelling, not to mention a flame thrower. JCJ, I'll bet you're getting excited about YOUR coach journey--it'll be brilliant.
I'm going to sit on the knackered bench for awhile, It's noon and I've already cleaned up most of the house and put in a load of laundry--so nice to have some energy again, but I've noticed it dissipates faster than it used to.
Cuppa, anyone?

Highlighted

ahh.. fraidi the rumours are true... we have had one or two too many in the JM from time to time.. but then, I seem to remember the Glitterbury Juice in Benchland caused havoc a few times too!!!!
As you say, morning gone already... one load of washign done, two dogs walked, but nothing else accomplished...

crack on Jane! Do somthing woman!

Can't be.... bothered....

Jane

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Stumbling bemusedly between the Need To Rest To Conserve Energy For Holiday bench (aka CBA?!) and the Must Get Things Done bench.

3 loads of washing done and out on line. Packing list printed (I'm a sad b***** and keep a list on computer for each type of holiday - eg camping, cottage, coach - that just needs 'tweaking' each time: Only way I remember what I need to take!!)

It's a beautiful sunny, COLD, autumn day here, so I made myself walk to the village to get library books - in case the weather deteriorates - what am I saying? - Because the weather WILL deteriorate when we go on holiday! picnicables for journey and OH's prescription.

Wedgie is when you pull your underwear up so far all the back bit and crotch disappear where the sun don't shine - much like a thong. Immature school boys do it to each other - and cheap knickers sometimes do it by themselves. Nadal is famous for adjusting his on the tennis court before each serve! 🙂

I *think* the term 'woosie' was originally applied to Benchlanders by the Woodies, as those of us in Benchland are less partial to alcoholic beverages and don't spend half our lives propping up the bar in the JM - or anywhere else! It then became an "accidental" typo when referring to Woodies!
Highlighted

Speaking of which: I'm heading over to the JM for an early afternoon G&T. See you there with bejazzels on!

Highlighted

Quail..I'm glad I'm not the only one who has disappearing energy..I'm ok..do a bit..get a bit red in the face..sit down..recover..do a bit more and repeat it all over again..I used to be the original duracell bunny...always on the go but not at the moment..wedgies...cheap knickers and naughty kids are famous for those..v uncomfortable...JCJ..have a top holiday..as my YD would say..nanabarb..brill news for you..we're never quite free of the fear are we?...I always thought I remembered lashings of ginger beer from EB..I always wanted to be one of the famous five when I was a kid...jane..sorry about your LD..hope it resolves..I haven't experienced this but my chemo nurse had on a sleeve..I think I've mentioned her before..she was always v careful not to bang her harm and I presumed it must be sore....Katy..you be careful up that tree..it might be slippy with frost first thing in a morning....us woodies..we like a drink or three in the JM but it's medicinal as well..keeps out the cold..and helps you sleep..and benchland can be as bad..I had too much glitterberry juice last week..which led to mad dancing round the fire and I woke up on a bench wondering where I was...good time was had though I must say....

Highlighted
Community Champion

What's happening??? Wedgies, bejazzling, thongs etc?????? Ouchy, no wedgies allowed!!
nanabarb, fantastic news, yahoo be dooby/booby!!
Jane sorry Lyn is misbehaving, off to the "naughty" bench for her.
Is it Mon JCJ, when I start waving madly at all the coaches again??? Have a great time pack lots of cosy clothes cause it's blinkin freezing!!
ST, we've got alligators!!
Apple, another birthday party yippeeeeeeee!!
Just swung in, arms are now exceptionally strong, face a little flushed and less hairy (tweezers), JCJ you will be able to spot me no problem now!!
Tea for me please Quail, I'm handing out Tom & Jerry cakes been doing some BAKING with my grandaughter, she's staying tonight so am firmly on the "childhood" bench for the next few hours!! xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oops forgot in the Mallory Towers and St Clare books by Enid, the midnight feasts always had lashings of ginger beer, they were my fave, wasn't that into Famous Five books.
Off for a quick game of lacrosse before tea xx
PS, That was me, FF

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

PS I KNEW I'd read lashings of ginger beer (somewhere other than here)!! I read the Mallory Towers books as well as FF (no, not FoxyFerret.... or F***ing Furious) books.

We need to put QI straight on that one!
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

WTF?? My PS has just posted ABOVE the message to which I forgot to add it! How odd!

Let's see where this one goes. The previous page? Next week sometime?