62997members
331175posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

d4b05059de41bfd4ba795f6cb60d7c92.jpgil_214x170.535960974_9z05.jpg

OMG we are going to look soooo fantastic!! YD will be thrilled!! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

knitted-lace-up-back-panties1.jpg

Hahahaha! I love the internet. Look what I found: Shall I knit us all some of these? One size fits all (or nobody) as they are laced up!! 

Ha ha!  I like your daughter, JCJ Smiley Wink  And I like the Benchland cake rule too!!

And cakes on our heads is a no-brainer.  I found this for you KTC, obviously we'll have to tweak the colour to coordinate with our fabulous dresses.... or is this actually a dress?

Welcome aboard, Jan Smiley Happy  Hope you read the first few pages of Benchland and Norberte's description.  It's how I knew I was in the right place!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Love, love love the pizza cake T4T!! But I'm not sure there are any of "those who don't like cake" in Benchland!!? As afternoon tea at The Madlands has demonstrated......3 times!! Smiley Happy

I sent YD the pizza cake picture and she said "but what would the guests eat?" So much of a hit that the brides would scoff it all! 

Current wedding plans include a pub, a chippy van and a hog roast. Sounds good to me! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

hahaha love the cakes tat, perhaps we could wear them on our head???? That would be a statement indeed!!

Now JCJ, have no idea where the fleeces are from? Am obviously hopeless.................glad you like them xx

...and for those who don't like cake...

I'm really on a roll now.  I'm going to keep all these ideas for my kids' nuptials Smiley Wink

Or this one?

I love a cake. Perhaps we should have more than one?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Is that the cake, FF, or the head attire? Smiley Tongue

Will it be chocolate inside? Or fruit? Or maybe one of each? Non-fattening, of course, because it's benchland!

Definitely getting lighter in the evenings. Home from work only slightly earlier than usual and my first job isn't drawing the curtains! Yay! It was trying on 3 fleeces bought online from a company whose name sounds like they shouldn't be where they are: 1 purple hoodie, 1'ink'  microfleece and 1 heavier weight 'top layer' fleece all a size smaller than current fleeces which are too big on me. So I am fully prepared for the dance of the 40 fleeces at the wedding!! Smiley Happy New fleeces feel rather snug. Different brand from usual as size 18 is XXL in T******* (really??) and they don't do anything bigger, so I've not been able to buy from them before. Perhaps it's the extra Christmas weight. They stretch though, so it'll be fine.

However, it is still horribly dark in the mornings. Sooooo hard to get up and go to work in the dark! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

what do you think girls??? How superly, fabulously gorgeous xx

download.jpg

Community Champion

Welcome Kayak, you joined just in time to be a bridesmaid woo hoo!!!

Thinking purple knitted knickers will be perfect, can you knit those too JCJ??? To make it easier just do one size, large..............can be pulled in for thinner ladies with flat tums, knicker elastic that's the job, just pull tight!!!

Am also loving the gloves, we can change head attire am thinking bigger feathers??

Yes grumpy there will be cake, are we doing cake?

Was up at Lynn place yesterday, hand and forearm looking good but upper arm distinctly bigger, boo hoo, new sleeves to be ordered, feel lovely and soft so we'll see.

Also snotty nose is calming down, thank goodness!!!

Still lots of rain here..........

Great news tat about your notes, lovely when someone listens xx

Will there be wedding cake?????

Otherwise Meg will decline her (virtual) invitation..........

Grumpy

Dignity?  What's that?  Half of the medics in my area have seen me stripped, so I have no recent experience of dignity. My family and I have been coming up with (mostly unprintable) suggestions for my new skill of being able to have a perfectly sensible conversation with strangers whilst naked from the waist up and often while they are 'hands on', if you get my meaning Smiley Wink  

I'm counting on these bridesmaids outfits to restore my dignity and I am convinced the PVC dresses will look perfect with big, knitted knickers, preferably in a contrasting colour.  Or a rainbow of colours.  Discreet, classy...what more could a bride want?

Ok, professional advice as requested. Orange and purple, a classy and popular combination ever since four weddings and a funeral (love that film) because of its ecclesiastical connotations. Apparently. The green wet look frock is of course bang on trend, what with the rain and the floods. My professional advice would be - knickers. Large and all encompassing, when disembarking from Dink (DO NOT USE HUMP!! Unreliable, easily distracted, eats feathers) one does not want to display one's nethers , does one? One needs to preserve one's dignity. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome to Benchland Funny Farm, Kayak. I'm glad we've kept you entertained. It's wonderful to see a new 'generation' of women (and men??) being helped through the sh***y times by our antics. Smiley Very Happy

I'm circling the Jittery bench at the moment. Just realised that my (4th) annual check up with surgeon is a week on Monday. Oooh er! That came around quick! I am determined not to get myself worked up about it (Yeah, right?) After all, this time last year I was undergoing tests for liver mets?!!

Of course, we should consult Ali about the wedding attire (as well as the camels) because she is a professional. I was forgetting that!! Smiley Happy

Hi ladies
Just decided to join your benches. You have kept me entertained on many an early hours crying jag.
I have one burning question before I consider becoming a member of the bridesmaid contingent. What head gear are we proposing to wear? I'm favouring feathers with definite hints of purple. Oops just realised that Katy may have it covered, still want purple though.
I will await your replies whilst sitting here on the TGFH bench (thank goodness for humour).
Jan x
Community Champion

Phew........ I don't need to knit orange knee highs.  Thanks JCJ.  I was regretting my rash offer, might have had one glitterberry juice too many there Smiley Happy Oh yes, elbow highs will be fabulous and really finish off the outfit.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad they came good for you, T4T, some people really understand that the waiting is the worst part!

I'll knit the orange knee highs, and how about matching elbow highs? (gloves. Not elbow high tights - they'd just be 'tights'?! Smiley Tongue)

Katy, I seem to have lost the 'L' from my (as you called it,) flat stomach. Either due to no longer being on that ridiculous fatless diet, or due to Festive overeating. Aha! So we have discovered the reason why 'Noel,' is sung at Christmas??! Smiley Very Happy. I hope it's the latter so that eating normally will stop the blob. I've kept my old clothes just in case, but it'll be nice not to need to wear them!

Community Champion

What a shame that these days we expect hospitals to hide behind policy and how heartwarming it is to hear that someone has shown a compassionate side to them. Perhaps someone in medical records has been there? It's so good that you will have info before your appt T4T.

I can knit orange knee highs if necessary, if MOTB will be too busy. Hers would be perfect, mine might have a few dropped stitches ( and that's where I came into Benchland, with dropped stitches!Smiley Happy look back if you have the time/inclination/lost the will to live).

I hope you are feeling better today Katy.  Daughter?  Well, it's difficult to say, she's much better than she was, most of the time no-one would realise anything was wrong.  She's coping and is now on a waiting list for further therapy, hope it's not too long!

Lovely day here today, sunny and bright.  A nice change from all the rain of the last few days.

I'm sitting on the warm and fuzzy bench tonight, ladies.  No, not a gin induced state, but a general 'aren't people lovely' kind of state.

Yesterday, I snivelled down the phone to the medical records department when they told me it would be at least a fortnight before I would get a copy of the pathology report from my op.  I really wanted to have it and read it before seeing my sarcoma consultant on Monday, but the Christmas hols scuppered that and I burst into tears!  I've been a bit wobbly now everyone is back at work/college/etc and hospital appointments are starting again....real life is a bit scary after all the distractions of the Christmas period.

Anyway, this afternoon a lovely lady from the medical records department called to say they had expedited the collection and copying of my notes and would be sending them via Special Delivery!  It was so unexpected; they could easily have hidden behind the bureaucracy of the trust's policies and procedures, but someone bothered to set that aside and show compassion.  Needless to say, I cried again, but this time they were good tears Smiley Happy  Just written a thank you card to the department as I didn't make a note of names.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Future D-I-L's favourite colour is green, so they'll be perfect for the bridesmaids dresses! She'll be (virtually) thrilled!

I was watching Don't Tell The Bride last night - well just the end of it, as it was on when I turned the tele on. I found myself thinking of our plans and how much better they were. Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

If you love it FF, and everyone else agrees it will be our official Bridesmaid Dress, I know it's gorgeous.........the search is now on for orange knee highs, if we can't find any perhaps MOTB could knit them for us!!

Brings a tear to my eye everytime I think of MOTB dismounting from Hump or Dink, truly breathtaking and spectacular, Norcambe will never be the same again!

Doing the usual here pouring with rain...............sooooooooooooo fed up of getting wetSmiley Sad!

How's your daughter doing now FF?? xx

Community Champion

Back to work today.  No children, just the teachers to clean up after and for once they hadn't made too much mess. So not too bad.  Hopefully there will be no more glitter for a while which will give me a chance to get rid of what is still left, which is quite a lot.....it just gets stuck in the carpet fibres!

Went to daughter's after work for dinner, a touch of leftovers 'r us but delicious.  SIL wanted my advice about a knotty problem he is trying to resolve and seems to think I'm some sort of oracle and have all the answers.

When I was younger I always ran things past an older member of the family to get their opinion and help but now I find that I AM that older member of the family.......

Katy - was that outfit just for you or is it for all us bridesmaids?  I love it!

Community Champion

Aaah JCJ, back to reality tomorrow then???

Just enjoy the "CBA" bench while you can!

tat did you enjoy your break?

Still on the "snotty" bench, truly it's the worst cold since I was about 12..............nose itchy, pouring, coughing and ribs aching, would join you on the "CBA" bench but don't want to pass it aroundSmiley Sad!

Phoned and manage to arrange patient transport for my lido's am well pleased cause sometimes feel a bit dizzy and have a bit of nausea so it's door to door, woo hoo xx

Glad it was OK, apart from having to get up before 11 Smiley Wink  I've never had a January where I haven't been returning to work as well - feels very strange!  It'll just be me and the dawg soon when OH goes back to work and son to uni.  Some time in this century I'm having rads too, so then it'll just be the dawg... she's bound to gnaw on the benches and eat the snacks people have kindly left out Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you T4T, I survived. No children in today, so that makes it easier. Getting up at 7 was nearly a killer though!!

Back "properly" tomorrow: kids and all, so I'm firmly on the CBA bench tonight!!

Hope you survived the day, JCJ, are home and have some time to make use of the CBA bench x

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Bleurgh! I'm up. I'm dressed. And it's nowhere near 11am - (the earliest I have achieved both the aforementioned in the last 2 weeks!) It's still so DARK!! Smiley Sad

I'm back from deepest, darkest Dorset where t'internet is harder to find than sunshine.  Been catching up and loving the way the wedding mood board is progressing.  Your daughter must be thrilled, JCJ Smiley Happy

Christmas decs all down here too and a houseful of people who don't want real life to start again tomorrow.... can I join you on the G&T bench?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just taken down the Christmas tree & decs. Trying not to cry. Back to work tomorrow. Soooo not ready. Then I saw your outfit, KTC, and laughed out loud. Thank you! I love Benchland - always a tonic! (Ooh! G&T anyone??) Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

This is my head attire, how fabulousSmiley Happy!! xx

images (1).jpg

Community Champion

images.jpg

This is my dress, thought orange bag and shoes would match perfectly!

Quite demure as you do not want to upstage MOTB, though don't think anyone couldSmiley LOL xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OMG! Handbags! I completely forgot about handbags! *Dashes off to shops*

Don't panic, girls. I've found one that'll match perfectly! Smiley Very Happy

Handbag

YD has asked me to send her my school holiday dates so she can plan the wedding. Yay!

I'm thinking of contacting her future M-I-L so we can co-ordinate. Matching MOTBs?! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Good you're back delly, do you wanna be a bridesmaid too??

Am on the "totally snotty" bench, some start to 2016, am fed up already and it's only third day haha! Ribs are aching etc just the usual, grrrrrrr!

Up to see about lynn this week, she's such a pest and blood results also, am not worried at all now, funny how 24 hours changes your head space haha.

Did you manage to wear shoes grumpy? Just wondering if they are comfortable, we'll be wearing them for hours and dancing in them ( will have to be careful re the handbags?? ) xx

Oh WHAT - THOSE shoes - ha ha ha!!

Hey grills, I've been out of it over Xmas and New Year.

GRUMPY - Hey what a day to have a birthday !! Happy Birthday from me too

JCJ - YUM YUM, I love your lasagne. Get one of the "Clean you oven" services in and give yourself a present Darlin'. Just give IN to it. No Shame. No one likes having to clean their oven so WHY NOT ?? JFDI Just Flippin Do IT (flippin being the POLITE word !!!!)

You're all a load of NUTTERS - that's why I like you. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!!!

Awwwww, so much love from me, Delly xxxxxx

Happy birthday Grumpy!! 

Community Champion

Haha JCJ, you're such a bad girl!!!!
Love the shoes, think they should also be official wedding wear, veronica and them you will be the prettiest MOTB ever, fabulous or what???? Xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Grumpy, I saw these and thought you might want them for partying in the present conditions? Smiley Happy

Party shoes

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

GD takes after you then KTC? *ducks*

Community Champion

Woo hoo grumpy!!!!! Happy birthday, hope you have had a lovely day!!!
Birthday cake in the shed, balloons on all the benches and barrels of glitterberry juice on tap! It's party time xx

Ps my gd never stops talking xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy Birthday to yooooou!! Grumpy. I hope you had a good one.

Community Champion

Happy Birthday Grumpy.  I so nearly said that last night as I thought it was your birthday but wasn't sure enough and didn't want to look an idiot!  Hope you've had a lovely day.

I've had a very quiet day cutting out cushion covers ready for making and watching some of the Xmas tv programmes I recorded.

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear grumpy, happy birthday to me!!!! Yes, I was a new year baby!

I'm 68 now, and don't look a day over 70 (says Joey, who has not yet learnt his sums...) Still they clubbed up their pocket money to buy Mummy some nice perfume from Boots (other chemists etc) but got their paws in a tangle trying to wrap it. Just give it 'ere said I.

Here's hoping we all have NICE stuff this year - it's shaping up quite well isn't it, with a wedding to come.

love

grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the smug bench. I've started the year as I have absolutely no intention of continuing it: by cleaning my 'new' ovens. They have been on my 'to do' list since the summer holidays. I was determinef to keep them nice by regular cleaning. Yearly is tegular, right? Didn't take YD's advise which was to move house to avoid cleaning them! Smiley Tongue

I have also made a lasagne for dinner, from scratch. Enough for 4 portions, so I can freeze 2 for another time. I'll put some in the shed too, so help yourselves. Salad and garlic bread alongside! Smiley Happy

Feet up with my kindle (,other....) for 40 mins while it cooks. Bon appetite! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Happy New Year Girls, 2016!! May it be happy, healthy and fun.

All quiet here, one grandchild later for a sleepover, first time I have been on my own at Hog and I must be getting old cause I wasn't at all bothered, haha!

Was on the "crazy thinking" bench earlier but have calmed down hugely, aaah it's amazing what a blip does, friend that went for a mammo (other breast) at surgeons request is fine whew so, so pleased for her xx

And JCJ it WAS you who always sparkled the bad words, not moi!

How fab the fireworks were, aliburgers and glitterberry juice consumed by all, really don't know how FF manages itSmiley Happy! xx

Meg and Joey snoozed through the fizz bang pops - only raised their heads when cheese and bics were served....... nothing new there!!!

Happy New year to all Benchies, may 2016 be full of joy and lovely things.

Grumpy (and squiffy)

Xxxxxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

*Sings, (silently of course)* For auld lang syn (or however you spell it!)

Someone in our village jumped the gun and massive load of fireworks went up 5 minutes early. Fools!

Benchland fireworks have been amazing and I particularly enjoyed FF's ferret dance on her head, holding sparklers with both feet! I did't know KTC knew so many 4 letter words!! I hope The Duchess and ASBO boy aren't being scared by fireworks.

Wishing everyone a Happy, healthy 2016! xx

Community Champion

It's 9.30 on New Year's Eve and my virtual self is enjoying the party in Benchland. Looking forward to the fireworks.  Great outfits everyone.  How do you walk in those heels?

My real self is pinning and tacking material together for the backs of new cushion covers and watching re-runs of QI.  

Once I would have really been out partying, how times change! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. I hope 2016 will be kind to us all and our families.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't know about "last crumbs" of Christmas cake, FF, we haven't even cut into ours yet!! Still scoffing mince pies, Welsh cakes and pudding. It'll probably last until Easter! 

Talking of which, I spent nearly all day looking for a holiday cottage for the school Easter holiday. (Because I can this year! Smiley Happy)  Got  shortlist of 4 that were either Sunday changeover (OH's preference) and/or not too far away and preferably fairly near sister - so we can visit.  Looked again at shortlist. Don't like any of them for different reasons. Back to square one. Smiley Sad

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Watch out for KTC, T4T, she's been known to write rude words with sparklers! Or was that me? Can't quite remember! Smiley Happy The fireworks will be a.maze.ing, of course, everything we do in Benchland (especially weddings Smiley Tongue) always is.

The bruising might be due to blood changes (eg. less platelets) - maybe due to your meds? The blood tests will probably determine the cause so stay calm! x