66.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

supertrouper

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

pargayan - the gift of wine in the temple is most welcome - after all it is a Thai "Spirit" house. Although I dont think wine classes as a spirit?? I have left a rather jolly red paper lei and turned the temple to face the north east. Noticed that a bench has appeared next to it so if anyone wants to sit in a spiritual place - there it is! The Spiritual bench!
Going off to walk buggerit now before returning to my tent in the woods. I think I will be back.

Cackles

Choccie you may as well have mine...'big toss" . The rotten thing is useless, it can't catch sleep fairies just my Taxane buzzing toes. Bring back woollen blankets and crisp clean sheets........old girl rant over.
Off to upset bench to think of SCACO and Potmaid. Bring on positive thinking and kip.
Cackles xx

pargayan

Choccie - good job it wasn't my shed roof as you would have fallen through it, you be careful with that chain saw tomorrow! One of my work colleagues took his new bike out for a ride a few years ago and somehow when he stopped it fell and pinned him to the ground. He was most embarrassed about the fact that it was an elderly gentleman who found and rescued him. Duvet on its way, looks like you will need it tonight.
Revcat and Katy hope all goes well for you both.
Grumpy - sorry to hear Barley's not feeling too well.
Vercour - congratulations on completing the walk
Supertrouper - what a spooky thing to happen.
FF good luck with the garage negotiations.
Not sure what bench I should be on at the moment, feel quite blue and suspect it is all down to the fact that winter is fast approaching and this year so far has all been BC so do not feel like we have had a summer at all. Can I go to sleep and wake up next spriing, maybe I could find a nice cave (I know only men hide in caves) and hibernate. That way I could lose all the excess weight I have out on at the same time.
By the way the aliburgers were lovely - yum yum, have left a gift in the temple, hope red wine will be acceptable.
x

ChoccieMuffin

Crabbie, I'm very impressed at your cats - how on earth did you teach them to use a vaccuum cleaner! Or maybe I should wear my computer glasses. Anyhow, the mental picture made me smile.

Feeling a bit sheepish. On my way out today on my lovely blue machine, the back wheel skidded on the grass, and over it went. Bah! Scraped a few bits but fortunately nothing broken, but I do feel very silly, particularly as my foot got stuck under the bike and I couldn't get out from under! Fortunately my lovely next-door neighbour noticed and rushed over to help get the bike back on two wheels. So the red cheeks this afternoon were from embarrassment rather than flushes.

Had a lovely lunch today with two other mums of teens, who have never met each other but who I was convinced would get on like a house on fire. So the three of us met up for lunch, and it was brilliant. Food fab, Doom Bar fab, weather fab, conversation fab, and between the three of us we've got lots and lots of things in common. Single mums, "interesting" ex-partners, budding new relationships, awkward teenage daughters, fondness for laughing, and I even have BC in common with one of them, though it barely came into the conversation at all. Instead we whinged about our teens, talked about our families, dogs and men (yes, pretty much in that order!) and ate FAR too much.

Given the sadness of the last couple of weeks it was absolutely what I needed.

And then I went home and got busy in the garden (with a mental wave to 'potmaid' Clare) with OH's saw. Chopped down some horrible leylandii to about 4 ft tall (much better!), lopped off a few excessive branches on my magnolia, and then decided that a tree, whatever it is, was FAR too broad and needed serious attention so there I was, up on the shed roof, with very unsuitable saw, cutting off a massive branch about 8 inches in diameter. Took ages, but felt much better for having done it. And tomorrow's job will be cutting said tree into manageable chunks. At the moment it's on the trampoline where it landed.

Love and hugs to all, and can someone please send a duvet over to the knackered bench, I'm too tired to get up and get one for myself.

Night, ladies, sweet dreams and lots of spoons.

CM
x

foxyferret

I shall be in negotiations with local garage re part ex. We've already had vague talks that will be be defined later this week. The price he's told me...my car in part ex... what I'm willing to pay... If test drive is ok I shall be talking to him until we reach an agreement. It's early stages yet .

White feathers - some may scoff - some may believe - but "there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy"
Ali_H

Hello all lovely Benchie ladies. I didn't know SCACO as well as most of you, but have felt sad at her passing, she sounded such a feisty, lovely lady. Combined with a couple of upsetting events at work (where I still feel hopelessly out of place despite owning the damn shop) I've had a couple of down days, and it's starting to get darker sooner too... What treatment for SAD can I still use that won't bugger up the anti-BC stuff? (Rads and Tamoxiwatsit) I think I need to get on top of it this year before it really gets a hold 😞
Strangely enough when I first found the lump last november my dr thought it was benign breast disease and put me on high dose Gamolenic acid, it made me feel bouncier than I ever have during the long dark months. Maybe that was (short lived!!) relief at thinking I didn't have cancer??? Am I right in thinking that's evening primrose, and if so can I try it again this year? Yes, I know, ask the dr.....
So, all in all, pissedoffness is threatening a return
Xx
supertrouper

foxyferret - will your local garage not take your car in part ex? webuyanycar.com would be the lowest price you could expect for your car, a local scrap yard would probably offer you more if the bodywork/mirrors/seats are in reasonable condition.
And yes - I do believe too. Too many white feathers around at the weekend!

foxyferret

Supertrouper - you did get your answer. I really believe that there is something, somewhere that we do not understand.
foxyferret

I've never before been accused of "sillybillyness" and am most amused. Wonderful turn of phrase! Still haven't quite chucked the guilt in the lake, but maybe after an alligator kebab I'll be able to. I do feel better today.
Vercours - many congratulations on your achievement. Well done. My work collegues did the Race For Life this year with my name on their backs and I hope to do it with them next year.
Jane - we should all be kind to ourselves.....why do we put put everyone else first and ourselves last???
RevCat - I really hope all is ok with you and thanks for all the hankies (I've used hundreds of them!) and spoons.
JCJ - glad your injection went all right in the end. Sometimes we just need to insist.

On a different subject - I need a new car - mine is 13 years old, has done 119000 miles and now has a problem that will cost more to fix than the car is worth!! Webuyanycar.com offered me £105 for it!! I am test driving one tomorrow that my local garage has for sale , I have a lot of thinking to do!
supertrouper

Bounced back to normal positive mood today which was a relief! Quite like it in benchland so I may linger a while longer. Hope no one minds but I've erected a Thai Spirit house on the pebble path that leads from the woods to benchland. If anyone wants to leave an offering on it - this will help to keep NE away and the gremlins. Offerings can be flowers, candles, incense or GIN. I had a large glass of GIN that I was going to put on it but just left the glass in the end!
Hope no one suffered any ill effects from the Alliburgers.
Had a bit of a strange but spiritual day today. I work in a hospice shop on Tuesday afternoons - this week has been quite a sad week and Elttiks and SCACO were in my thoughts today (again). I know I shouldn't do this but I sliently asked for a sign from them that all was well. Next thing to come on the radio was ABBA doing supertrouper. I think I got my answer!

JCJ

Enjoying the kebabs and alliburgers. Katy flushing a**e as well as face now? (Tamoxifanny as the Americans would say?? :-)) Or is it that flame-thrower again?

The cushions are still there, RevCat, so either you dropped them again, or someone else is to blame! My colleagues who use that road failed to see them and are teasing me with questions like "Were there gnomes sitting on them watching TV?" ... perhaps I have crossed into the virtual world - or maybe I'm just more observant? Or nosey?

Zoladex injection done this morniong, so that's 1 less thing to worry about for a while. And I remembered to ask whether it should be 3 calendar months or 12 weeks. It's the latter - whoops! Ah well I'll know next time!

Doctor (not my usual) read off his PC screen that I'd had a local anaesthetic before the last 2 Zoladex injections and said he didn't usually do that as it wasn't necessary. I just kept repeating Dr usually does, until he agreed to it! 🙂

There was a little bit of a hiatus, because, for some reason they had sent the injection to the chemist next door instead of keeping it in the surgery pharmacy as per usual. (But at least the receptionist had remembered to order it, and my paranoia about that was unfounded - glad I didn't check up on it or I'd have looked properly neurotic?!)

Right! off to count off 12 weeks on the calendar to know when to book the next stabbing!
grumpy

Good evening Ladies - greetings from Whisky Land i.e. friends house in Edinburgh.

Sunny but cold cold cold, so glad not to be in Beryl tonight .....

On the Rather Worried Bench cos dear little Barley is not herself and paces all the time then piddles on the floor. As long as she enjoys her food and little walks it will be OK, so she keeps taking the tablets..... and Millie runs around with her to make sure she doesn't get lost. Bless!!!

grumpy

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all
Finally feel wide awake after quite a while feeling like someone had stuffed old socks into my head. SCACO passing has hit me like so many other ladies and I haven't felt able to even comment about it until now. Was on the CSL bench when suddenly I felt a rush of heat on my posterior. I'd only just had time to finish my alligator kebab.
It's clear that autumn is approaching because the cats are hovering about more in the house and are also using me as a comfy cushion!
Have a lovely day, or as much of one as you can. Sun is shining in Coventry and the builders over the road are in fine voice 8-)
RevCat

mmmmm barbecued alligator for breakfast on the beach.... yum-my. Tastes just a bit like... hmmm.

I'm sorry I dropped the cushions I was carrying to the various benches yesterday... the pile was so high I could not see over it, I have flown round this morning to gather them up into a tidy stack, which is near the bbq in case anyone wants to sit in more comfort while munching alligator burgers or watching benchies at play on the trampoline, or boingy stuff, Katy on her skateboard or Choccie on her blue mean machine.

Hankies ----->
Spoons:
______) (ladle)
0--------
o~~~~~~~
~~~~~~o
(_________

Hope there are the sort you need! Have a good day 🙂
GIJaneH

Woodies past and present would encourage us to find our funny bones and "laughinthefaceofadversity" has found her way over. Not sure we should allow NE in though!
FF - colds make you feel c*** . er... "poorly" so no apology needed. All guilt (false and otherwise) needs to be thrown in the lake (and remember, NO FISHING)... ST thanks for bringing the flamethrower - hope all the benches are flame-retardant!!!!

Survived yesterday. BCN gave me ticking off - something about being kind to myself... and told me to go home - so I did! Colleague yesterday was fab... on my own today, but shall still take it gently...

hope you all do too.... now, BBQ tonight with that there Aligator meat? Is it tough or tasty?
Janexx

katytc

Forgot to say very well done vercors, a Benchland Games Medal on it's way to you!
The cushions, very very interesting JCJ. Is it RevCat throwing them around?????????
If so WHY? Very perplexing indeed am off to the "puzzled" bench to ponder for a while xx

katytc

FF, you have been moved!! You are now on the"silly billy" bench and will stay there until further notice or until guilt etc has been thrown in the lake! You ARE allowed to feel yucky whether it be a cold or stubbing your toe! So no more silly billyness!!!
A flamethrower in Benchland???????? Wow! I'm up for alligator kebabs, we can eat them down by the beachy area near the cave, past the bungees, life jackets, shed, spider sanctuary, boingy stuff and trampoline. xx

supertrouper

Got through another day, the desperate feeling of sadness has lifted slightly to allow the sun to shine through the clouds again. Eltticks funeral on Friday - got to wear light blue and white - bit of a challenge! Decided to stay over in Tewksbury as it is nearly a 3 hour drive down there. Going to meet up with another woodie and get merry (hopefully)
Thanks for the tip about turning round and looking at the permanent sunset - I am prefering the dawn of the days at the moment.
Got tired of thwacking the alligators with ladles and turned the flamethrower on a couple - anyone for grilled alligator kebabs??? Really sorry ladies but I set fire to the CSL bench and had to push it into the lake/swamp/alligator place. I found NE lurking in the bushes and he's building a new one.

JCJ

Don't FF. Step away from that guilty bench! A cold can make you feel cr*p and there's no heirarchy of illness here! As someone said before "It's not a competition". I hope your cold's a bit better now? If not snuggle up with the duvet on the sofa bench and have a hot toddy!

Just re-read my post about a permanent sunset and I'm not sure it came over as I intended! I LOVE a good sunset over the sea - but reading it back, I remembered that 'sunset close' is an old people's housing street in my village! Oooops!- totally the wrong meaning there!!!!

Just had a phone call from my daughter. She always manages to make me feel better! 🙂
RevCat

No, no, no, FF you are not to feel ashamed of yourself... chuck the shame in the guilt lake, now this minute. Colds are horrid, horrid, horrid. No comparing 'my rubbish is less than your rubbish' is allowed here. Now then, hot toddy, lots of calorie free cake and thwack that alligator!
foxyferret

I just feel so ashamed of myself for even mentioning a cold.
JCJ

Was it you festooning my route to work with randomly thrown cushions, RevCat? Seriously, as I drove along a winding country road, this morning, I saw at least 4 cushions on the verge, spaced over about 2 miles. Weird! Strangest fly tipping ever - or maybe I've just located Benchland?? Thought it must be my odd state of mind, but they were still there when I came home tonight!

Decided today, to try to enjoy every day, for who knows how many we have left. Not enough to waste on getting tectchy about little things! I told my colleagues I was feeling fragile, (and why!) they've been brilliant. The laughter has been theraputic. I hope we can enjoy our usual Benchland antics and feel the presence of absent friends in our fun. As RC says - absolutely no offence intended, more a strong respect!

Glad your problems seem to be Ta'poxy'fen related, Rev - well not glad exactly, but pleased they don't seem to be anything more sinister! Do keep us posted!

Enjoy your stay in Benchland ST. If you turn round on your sunrise bench, you'll see a permanent sunset - over the sea!!
vercors

oh Ladies, I am back after a very emotional week end, to see so much sorrow in benchland. For some reason I never went to the Woods and only saw very few of SACO's messages. Still I feel sad to see yet another lady taken away by this terrible illness.
I am on the really chuffed bench, yesterday I completed my River Thames Challenge for BCC. I raised almost £3000.00 gift aid included. Yesterday, the last 10km I walked with my mum and my family. If you want to see some pix go to: double ewe double ewe double ewe dot facebook dot com forward slash RiverThames4BCC
I got slapped on the wrist for adding a url the other day.
RevCat, don't get too comfy on that bench, I am sure there is plenty to keep you busy for six weeks!
Hug to everyone

Jo_C

Can I join you? I've got a check up booked for next week so the familiar knot in the stomach is back. The tears keep flowing for SCACO and it's just brings it all home. We think we all made it out of the woods safely but....
However my 2 fingered salute is climbing back up and my flame thrower charging. I quite fancy the idea of alligator bashing with a ladle too!

RevCat

Taking my cushion with me to sit on the 'waiting room' bench! Today was fine, have now been referred for further internal investigations and biopsies under GA which will be 'at least six weeks' unless I get a cancellation. Most likely 'just' Tamoxifen side effects... will keep you posted.

Hope the forlorn Woodies are finding what they need here... hugs to all
supertrouper

Staying in benchland for a while. Found that thwacking alligators on the head with one of the big ladles is quite theraputic. Sorry if I used up most of the lace hankies in here yesterday! I've dried my eyes now and left the CSL bench and pottered around with buggerit by my side having a look round benchland. I've found a nice bench that faces a permanent sunrise and I shall rest here a while this evening after I have got back from work. Check list for work - chin up - tick, positive outlook - tick, bottle of something nice chilling in the fridge for tonight - tick. Sorted! And in the words of founder member of the woods - stay calm and carry on!

katytc

Such sadness from the woodies, the pebbled path has been cleared and the benches ready, hugs to you all xx
Eve, lovely to see your post and hopefully when you feel better you can come and join in, who knows another panto or adventure coming soon???
JCJ, a few of us are on the "check up", "investigation" or "waiting" benches at the moment, I felt soooooooooo jittery a couple of weeks ago but have calmed down immensely after wise words came my way from the ladies on here. We are all so vulnerable, we teeter along quite happily, something happens and the fears come along again, so keep talking......

Good luck to the girls who are off to the hospitals etc today, thinking of you, sending hugs, fingers and toes crossed xx

GIJaneH

I too am wandering disconsolate from the Dark Dark Woods.... Benchland is so close - used to walk between the two last year. We all thought we'd got out the other side. Move up ST.... tears flowing easily still... and i have to go to work and deal with dying people...... think I might hide in the office today - too vulnerable... I'll stay on the bench.. there's room for any other stray Woodies... we can stick together....

RevCat

For any Woodies who have wended your way over here to sit on the CSL (crazy sobbing lady), bewildered, FF (f****** furious, I of course don't know what the first word, really is 😉 ), or other appropriate benches, we have an extra large supply of lace hankies at all benches and extra thwacking ladles in the shed.

Those of us who hang aorund here a little more often hope you will feel safe to explore our world (which is just along that pebbled path out of the Woods) and avail yourselves of cupcakes and other goodies. Don't swim in the lake, it is full of alligators, and frankly we've all sustained enough bruises this last week. Forgive the flippancy of tone, no offence is intended... I like to think that our absent friends might be chuckling if they read about our antics over here, and I'm sure they'd want us all to carry on living and laughing in the face of adversity.

Hugs to all
supertrouper

I have wandered over from the dark dark woods. So so sad tonight as I look for a suitable bench to sit on and weep. I am inconsolable tonight - tomorrow will be another day but today I must grieve for two comrades who fell on the battlefield.
Found the bench I need, draped in black. The two fingered flag is at half mast.

lottie63

I have one cheek on the FF bench and one stretched onto the so so sad bench .... this is a cruel cruel disease that has taken far too many beautiful strong talented ladies far far too soon from their loved ones I just feel so bl**dy sad, I hate this disease with a vengence , so unfair , love and hugs to all tonight and everynight 😞 xx

JCJ

Well done Eve, you're nearly through. The worst is probably over. Be kind to yoursel, enjoy indulging yourself and look forward to Mr Potato head being banished in the near future! 🙂

On the CSL bench tonight - I've pulled up some extra chairs as there seem to be many of us, vulnerable and fragile. Some have come across from the woods. My 6 months check up, a week tomorrow, was already making me feel jittery, but now I'm a complete wreck.

Hugs to all. xxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

I've been popping in every so often to see what's been happening in benchland but it's been a while since I've last posted...
After 3 FEC I had my first cycle of Docetaxel and got pleasantly surprised in some ways. The first weekend wasn't much fun at all though with all the weakness, aches and pains and the hours stretching almost endlessly. I crawled out the other side and finally had my first good week - taste, appetite and slightly more energy - so endulged quite thouroughly. Well, I deserve it.
2/3 are done, tomorrow treatment number 5 is looming. After that it's only one more, that sounds soooo much better.
Well, so far so good, I am afraid though chemopause has struck. My period has stopped and I am being attacked by hot flushes... 😞 My ONC will be happy, I am sure - I am not. This is so not ok, but nothing I can do...
CBA bench, CSL bench, guilty bench - been on them all - like a bleeping merry-go-round... And am fed up with having no hair - I don't mind but I am over it, if that makes any sense. Am feeling like Mr. Potato Head and getting really annoyed with looking at myself being 'topless'...
Will grab a few spoones and one of RevCat's lovely cupcakes and then I'll be off to cheer myself up with some yummy dinner...
Thanks for letting me ramble... Hugs to all you wonderful benchland ladies! xx
foxyferret

Thank you Katy, very much appreciated. All these amazing medical advances and there's still no cure for a cold!
katytc

Cupcakes, yummy yum!!
Am off to get my new glasses today, so now will be able to see Benchland in all it's glory!
Jumping on my skateboard, helmet securely fixed, breathing gear on, making my way over to FF with hot soup and a cupcake, see you soon....................xx

RevCat

Oh whoops! My typing is so bad. If only a long walk resulted in NED... sorry, Vercors, if it were in my power it would.

Have to go and entertain university freshers this afternoon, so more cupcake prep to be done 🙂
JCJ

Ha ha ha Rev - there's a BC slip/typo if ever I saw one? Is Vercors really getting to the NED of her trek? Made me smile.

Website done. Weekend is MINE mwahaha!

Have a good one everyone. OOh cupcakes! Thank you:-)

FF I've set the fan up so I'm up wind of you - blow those germs to the alligators! Hope you are feeling better soon.
foxyferret

Thanks Revcat, will need the hankies, yes I'm having a wee toddy, whisky included and I'm off for an early night.
Hope I feel better in the morning! Probably not, but in the grand scheme of things what is a cold? It's nothing.!!
RevCat

Oh dear FF, here, have a BIG stack of super soft, balm impreganted, lacy hankies, and a wee toddy of your favourite cold remedy.

Vercors congratulations on getting to the ned of your trek - that's amazing.

Been baking cupcakes today, here are few for you to sample. .....>

Wishing everyone a relaxing weekend - and hope you aren't flushing to my levels!!!! Off to thwack a few alligators now.
foxyferret

I'm just dragging a bench to the furthest outreaches of Benchland so that I don't pass on my germs. Woke up this morning with a very slightly sore throat. Over the course of the day.... Yes .....Oh joy..... I've got a COLD. Will communicate by megaphone! (blows nose.)
CM - I thought the guilty bench was stuck to me! I'm sure that's what I've been dragging aound for months! Ta'poxy'fen aches...... the last two days I'm sure I've got the hips of a 90 year old, knees ok at the moment. (blows nose.)
Vercors - I have been aware of your walk and I congratulate you on your achievement. Hope you have a lovely day with your family. ( sneezes.)
Katy - be careful. (sneezes.)
JCJ - if you're tired have that nap. As you said ,you've got all weekend. (blows nose.)

Have a good weekend everyone. (sniffle.)
JCJ

Firmly on the CBA bench, with frequent glances at the guilty bench. I've come home to 'work on the school website' this afternoon, as it's my turn for time out of class, and I find it easier to use my own computer than the nanny state school network ones, and there are 'less distractions' - (nobody pestering me to do/find/solve/arrange/explain things!!). BUT, now I'm here I'm being distracted by Twitter, BCC, my emails and a general lack of inclination to do any work!

Maybe I'll just have a little nap - I've got all weekend.......... So tired...........
vercors

JCJ many thanks for the donations.
CM, I am lucky enough to be fit and painfree. Had I listened to my GP, there would have been no invesigation into my rib pain, and I would be none the wiser about my mets. I seriously intend to make the most of the fact that I can go about and keep doing what I love. Walking is one of those things. I can tell you this walk was hardly taxing. Yes I had sore legs when I had long stretches, but that is all part of the fun.
Now, did I read earlier that you mean machine was also a cleaning machine? then get it here immediately, I need to clean my house before mother arrives! and BTW, I also need to pull a full day's work. So off to reality.
KatyC, Careful with that skateboard, we can't aford being sued (spelling?) for damages in benchland.
Have a good week end everyone, I doubt I will be around benchland until Monday now.

katytc

Will be thinking of you, vercors, on Sun, with your family, it's fantastic!!
Well, chilly, chilly morning had heating on last night for hours, only hot when I'm flushing!! Why is it when you're very cold you never flush? Is your body having a laugh?
Am just going to play around Benchland today, avoiding the mean machine , alligators and marbles, had an appointment at opticians yesterday and was there for almost 2 hours! At least they are thorough!
Time for a quick tidy up, then on my skateboard and off to the trampoline/bungee area xx

vercors

David Walliams, no I would not swim in the Thames. I love swimming, but it has to be clean and warm water.
I will start swimming again next week. My stitches have all disolved? So i need to get back to the swimming pool. I haven't swam since the beginning of June. I had terrible hip pain. Which I thought was more bone mets, when in fact it was only muscular pain. Then there was my holidays, i drank instead of swimming, then portacath fitted. Too many excuses. If I want to lose weight I need to get myself back in that pool.
PM me for my just giging page.
Night nght from the tired bench.

ChoccieMuffin

vercors, I will donate shortly, but wanted to express my admiration. Lucky you, being able to swim. At the moment I'm a bit stuffed, as my left shoulder has developed very tender tendonitis which has been a problem for months. I had a spa day (a late birthday treat for my big daughter) and I tried swimming, but I just couldn't cope with the discomfort, so I was left with either one-armed front crawl or an even more pathetic - and extremely frustrating - breaststroke. Tried backstroke but that was one-armed as well, and I didn't even bother giving fly a go, I'm far too unfit. Currently waiting for a referral to the shoulder surgeon who dealt with me 10 years ago for him to take a look. Nothing to do with BC, but wouldn't be surprised if oestrogen deprivation is having a go at me.

I thought my joints were getting away with Ta'poxy'fen aches but I think that now they've decided to join in with my fellow tammers. Knees ache every time I get up from sitting for more than 5 minutes, and shoulder is probably suffering because of it as well.

I'm not sure what bench to be on this evening. Knackered bench, probably. Haven't slept very well recently, and it's such a drag. Fed Up bench is calling me too, and of course I've got the guilty bench stuck to my left buttock with No More Nails.

Anyway, off to my pit (oh my goodness, have you SEEN the time!) though I think I might leave the squirrel-murderer in the living room. Blasted animal has decided to downgrade a bit today. Following the 2 squirrels he had last week (first 2 of 2012) he decided that he wanted to add wood pigeon to his diet. Disgusting cat.

JCJ

Just donated and tweeted your page, Vercors. Hope that helps towards your target. Now I really am going to bed or I wont be able to get up tomorrow to teach Year 5/6! 🙂
JCJ

Oh wow Vercors! Congratulations on your epic walk! (For a scary moment I thought you were doing a David Walliams!) I was just heading for the smug bench because I've been swimming tonight - managed 1000m on top of a week's teaching, but maybe I'll drink my tea on the humble bench instead! Do you have a donor page on t'internet?

I like pissedoffness too. It's another along the lines of our family saying of be-arsedness!

Don't know whether I dare say it.... but my hot flushes have been fewer and less intense today. Could be the cooler weather - actually felt cold this evening and didn't know what was wrong with me! 🙂 Or could be APS version of Ta'poxy'fen? Or maybe because the Zoladex is due? Who knows!

Off to beddy byes now via an appopintment with the hairdryer - that'll bring on a flush no doubt!! ~So tired but it's FRIDAY tomorrow 🙂 ~ snzzzzzzzzzz
vercors

FF, the brands never made any difference. The first three months my hot flushes were so bad, I had to change my beddings every morning.Eventually things got better. I still have some hot flushes four years on, but they are very slight. I would not make RevCat's Olympic team; not that I mind (no pffence Rev).
Sunday is my last leg on my River Thames challenge. I have raised nearly £10.00 per kilometer i.e £2940.00 when I include gift aid? My 83 year old mother is coming from France to walk the last 10 km with me, hubby and 3 kids. This is gping to be an emotional moment.

foxyferret

Wow - ladies thank you all for the information. Will write a list, can't function these days without a list of what I'm doing and when. My brain has turned to mush. My son came over this evening and I'd totally forgotten he was coming and why! I'm losing the plot!!
Ok, M & S, Genie bras, no VAT (that's good). Will do research,I really don't care about the cost as I just want to look normal and feel comfortable. At the moment I just put on my bra plus homemade padding when I go out and rip it off as soon as I get home!. I have been told to bring a bra that fits the "good" breast and a tight fitting T-shirt to my appt., so I need to go shopping ..........I hate shopping..........fitting rooms here I come.

Ali - hope you enjoyed your holiday. "Pissedoffness" is a wonderful expression and expresses just what I am feeling at the minute. Glad yours has gone but I think mine will be around for a while.

I think I'd better go and sit on the "Chill" bench again with the wine and cake.
Ali_H

Hello all!! Back from my hols, have returned with a larger tum, a lot of washing but managed to leave a lot of what I can best describe as 'pissedoffness' behind...think I dumped it in the sea off Le Touquet when I had a paddle. Hoping it doesn't find it's way back to me 😉