65.9K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

vercors

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

OK OK, you can have it back. Where shall I go? Somewhere elevated, I don't want the mean machine's fume in my face; or is it fumeless? Actually, I am staying, I fancy an earl grey with biscuits; digestives will do. I won't it any of the cakes which ended up on the floor after CM's wheelie.
Need to get a bit more energy for this week end. Son turning 15 and I will be walking 10 km.

JCJ

Vercors you finished on the KB? I vacated it for you as I had to go to work, but having been there, and stayed late - again! - another ICT crisis! - I'm in desperate need of it once more. If you need it too, just shuffle up and I'll bring tea and (calorie negative) confectionary sustenance.

Thank **** for freezers and shop bought pies 'cos that's what we're having for dinner (the pie, not the freezer!). Just got to rustle some veg together - that's all I've got the energy for! May sit in the garden while the oven warms up - or maybe not - garden is more than 6 feet away!!

VROOOM CRASH - WATCH OUT Choccie - tea and cake spilt everywhere now! 🙂 The mental image of you kicking self up nether regions made me chuckle - surprised it was only one thing, and only nearly dislocated!!

GIJ it's FRIDAY tomorrow, so this week's only got one more get up! Hooray!
ChoccieMuffin

vercors, glad you're sorted with your portacath. I STILL have mine, though have asked my lovely breast surgeon if she'll whip it out for me, as her needlework's so much better than the bloke who put it in... she said she'd see what she could do! I'm all done with my Herceptin so I don't need it, but by the sound of things they've decided to let you get started on it again - well done you.

Weather's lovely, so why am I slobbing out on my sofa doing nothing? Should be out playing on my bike!

Yup, a swift kick up the nether regions delivered to myself (nearly dislocated something doing it but it was needed) so I'm going to put on my kit, get my keys and go out for a spin. Fingers in ears, ladies, here I come - VVVRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

vercors

Ali H, usually North of France has a similar weather to the South of England. At the minute it is gorgeous in both places. So pack a bit of everything...
Got my port a cath fitted, all went well; I need The knackered bench JCJ, please move on! chop chop. Or do I need to share?
RevCat, thanks for the calorie free cupcake. Trying to lose weight, not sure it is working.

GIJaneH

Ali- trousers..... spare t shirt...... night attire? books... have to pack books (well, I do!) (or kindle0

glad you're not SO grumpy Grumpy! Whisky sounds good (though I hate the stuff!) Still sounds like a good break.. it IS Friday isn't it? it ISN'T? Oh b **m...

have a great day
love Jane

foxyferret

Ali - just pack your whole wardrobe, that will cover everything!

JCJ - No, sorry it's not Friday yet.

Grumpy - enjoy whisky land.... but not too much.

Well, work (that well known four letter word.) I went off sick prior to my op on March16th and have worked as and when I've been able to since then. School holidays I've done flexitime. Now with the new term starting I have to go back to the old regime of every day at certain times.............and I just can't get my head round it..........every day????
Suppose I'll get used to it again.
Just want to say that my wooden floors look absolutely fantastic and they'll be trashed inside three weeks!! Why do I bother? Oh yeah, I know - pride in my job.

Off to watch more paralympics. Go Team GB.
grumpy

Just a quick post, off to the theatre and wearing Real Clothes!!
Barley has got antibiotics to take, and Vaseline to rub on the scabby crusty bits of her nose - not pleased, and Millie is jealous so I have to rub a bit on her nose as well.
Seeing Talking Lady tomorrow, so hoping to be calm for jollies in whisky land on Friday - Edinburgh, Fife and Pitlochry.
HURRAY
grumpy (only a little bit)

JCJ

Ali - it's no use asking me what to pack for a holiday as it'd be jumpers and wellies every time! Weather ALWAYS c**ps out every time I go on holiday.

Choccie - if you MUST try to ride around the kitchen on the washing machine what do you expect?? 🙂

Just won back sopme brownie points at work by fixing t'internet - (after half an hour on phone to tech support!) - didn't even need to thwack it with one of RevCat's ladles (though it got close!) I am now everyone's best friend. 🙂 On kn***ered bench now though! Is it Friday yet??
ChoccieMuffin

Sorry, ladies. Can't help myself, it's just so much fun! I even got the screwdriver out and adjusted the carburretor's idle speed, after a bit of guidance from bike-expert OH.

Sadly, my feeble attempts to fix my washing machine a couple of weeks ago were fruitless. I ended up paying a bloke to come and look at it, as the part I'd bought and fitted still didn't fix the problem. So it cost me £48 for him to tell me it was beyond repair. Bah! New one being delivered on Friday.

Ali_H

On the 'huh???' bench.... I'm packing to go on holiday tomorrow. Normally it's easy - go somewhere hot, pack 2 bikinis, 7 clean pairs pants, factor 50 lotion and a baggy White t shirt. So, we're going to northern France...don't think I'll need the bikinis. So far have packed the pants, spare non-bouncy sports bra for the new boob, strappy tops for when I have a hot moment, a cardi for when I don't...and now I'm stuck. Any ideas gratefully received!
RevCat

Just dropping by with a new order of spoons, ladles (lots of ladles), hankies, calorie-free cupcakes and anything else I'm meant to be repsonsible for!

Clonidine for flushes not having much effect for me so far (breast clinic suggested I give it a go) so amybe I'll just about hold on to my place in the synghro team for a while yet. Still nearly two weeks to wait for gynae app but thankfully it is not (yet) creating too much angst.

Enjoying the paralympics but not the ads; even the BT amabassdor bits are getting boring now! Some amazing and inspiriing people.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm whizz.... what was that? Oh CM roaoring by on her mean machine.

Hugs to all, especially those with waits, worries and struggles. Back to work now...
JCJ

Thanks for your help girls! Got back home to an email from pensions saying my query had been forwarded to ____(name witheld) and she (I think! - unusual forename!) would be contacting me as soon as possible. AND an email from______ which was a reply to the forwarded email WITH NOTHING ON IT!! OMG! These are the people looking after MY money!

I replied a bit sharply, indicating my level of un-impressedness (yes, I know that's not a word - and I was rather more articulate in my email!! - if somewhat more succinct!) and got an immediate reply telling me that the pension statement in question is JUST for SOME of the pension I accrued at my last school (I did several different jobs, simultaneously at times, during that time!!: TA, HLTA, Lunchtime Supervisor). I have now asked whether I will get separate benefit statements for the REST of my pension.

But at least I'm on the slightly relieved bench: that they've not lost track of all my pension payments for the last 4 years, and more than half from previous 2 years, and I won't have to work FOREVER to amass enough to retire on! 🙂
2nd day at work completed. Another training day. Now I'm bracing myself for the children's return tomorrow. Feeling exhausted just LOOKING at the timetable for the next 8 weeks!!
VROOOOM! What was that blue streak?? Oh Choccie! Keep the noise down I've got a headache! 🙂

Enjoy your jollies, Grumpy and I hope Barney behaves at the V.E.T.
katytc

What was that????????????????????xx

katytc

Janice, wahoooooooooooo!!! No running about today use this time to rest wisely, if you feel tired have a nap, your body will let you know haha!!
grumpy glad you are getting the help you need, I see a pain psychologist and he has really helped, doesn't take the pain away but somethings I see in a completely different mode now. Enjoy your time away.
FF hope you are not too tired, sending you some of those special spoons.
JCJ, union is a good idea, if your coach does pass through I WILL be waving!!
Well shot off the "CBA" bench this morning feather dusted, dusted, hoovered and even did a wee bit of the dreaded ironing, so am now sitting very smugly on the "smug" bench.
Keeping busy to stay off the "worry" bench, YD is not enjoying hol and was pretty upset yesterday, makes my stomach flip, I'm hoping she feels better today, really hoping.
One happy moment my GD (5) lost her first baby tooth, took lots and lots of pictures of her gummy mouth, she was soooooooooooo excited!!! When things don't look too good she can always bring a big smile to my face. Showed her my new crown it's gold (not real gold) and she was totally amazed, I'm def some super hero to her.........xx

ChoccieMuffin

VVVRRROOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!

grumpy

JCJ - join the union NOW it's painless and not expensive, I think it's UNISON for non-teaching staff. The pension schemes are actually quite straightforward but you do need to know how to handle them to your own advanatge (voice of experience - I took the actuarily-reduce pension and could have lost a lot of cash without union guidance re forms to fill in etc)
Ladies - yes I am getting more sorted in my mind, and I am so grateful for your wisdom and encouraging comments. I know I want to look nicer for ME, and I know that is my entitlement.... rather liberating!
Will be off-line for a few weeks for jollies in Fife and Co Durham, and Barley is going to the vet tomorrow about her crusty nose but please don't look as she is a bit sensitive about it.
And next door's builders are 'knocking through' so the noise is a bit grim.....
nighty-night

grumpy

JCJ

Thanks Grumpy. I'm "non-teaching staff" (ha ha!) as I'm a High Level Teaching Assistant, and I'm not in a union. However, I have emailed the address given on the letter to ask for an explanation. If I don't hear in the next couple of days, I'll phone the number on the Warwickshire.gov pensions website.

I hope you are feeling a bit calmer now Grumps?

Well done Lottie for getting through treatment! (sorry, if that sounds too patronising!) Tiredness after rads peaks at two weeks after treatment finishes, (I was cream crackered until at least 3 weeks after!) so make sure you take your phased return at a pace you can handle and be honest with yourself and your employers about your energy levels.
lottie63

Im on the happy but aprehensive bench today , last rads today and no appointments until 16th oct , DX was feb and I have been on the bc rollercoaster ever since , and now , well now I just dont know !! I sort of feel in no mans land ... Back to work on a phased return in 2 weeks time so I guess its enjoy what summer we have left as missed any sun we had in the chemo fog , but I heard through the grapevine we didnt have much this year 😞
Very uplifting to read all posts from other Bcc members finishing their treatments etc , onwards and upwards and respect to each and everyone of us

Janice x

grumpy

JCJ - ring your Union office, they have experts on the Teachers Pension Scheme who will be able to tell you what's what and waht you need to do.
grumpy

JCJ

Half tidied Katy?! Well done! I thought you were on the CBA bench yet you managed to tidy half the house! - better than me - but I'm back at work today, so I've got an excuse.

We are staying at the Highland Hotel, Strathpeffer (if that's how you spell it!) with Shearings - so if you see a Shearings coach pass you on 29th October or 2nd November, it could be us!! Two "Scenic Drive" trips out: Spey Valley and Black Isle.

School was fun - DT training. We had to make moving toys. Ours was naff in the extreme, but we had a laugh making it, and nobody severed any limbs or digits with the equipment! 🙂

I'm on the confused bench. Just got home to a letter from Warwickshire Pension fund: "Deferred Pension Yearly Benefit Statement 2012" in which it states "Date of Leaving: 30 August 2008". This is a bit worrying, as on 30/8/08 I mererly changed schools within Warwickshire, so surely my pension should just have continued?? I don't want to make an eejit of myself by ringing to correct it, if this is right and just refers to my pension from my old school (hence deferred?). However, don't want to be paying over £100 a month to the pension fund and only getting £172 PER YEAR from 2025!! No wonder people were striking?!

Any Benchlanders work in pensions and can expalin it to my feeble brain (can't even blame chemo!)? - before I set the alligators on the WCC! 🙂
katytc

Ali, I maybe wrong but I don't think there's a "NORMAL" bench in Benchland, still drinking tea but house half tidied xx

Ali_H

Normal.... Normal....normal??? No, doesn't ring any bells with me, sorry 😉
katytc

Oh dreary, dreary me firmly placed on the "CBA" bench this morning, motivation needed, well I have been getting up to put the kettle on!! xx

GIJaneH

Woo - what a lot going on at the Benches! Definitly NO cooling off in the lake!!!! Cackles, glad the counselling was helpful.. interestingly, I had a play with some clay the other week, and made a "figure". It was a she... (can't do legs, so did a skirt!) I stuck arms on the figure... then shoulders... then the back of the shoulders,and finally tried the boobs. COULD I give her two???? No matter ho much extra clay I put on, she was lopsided! weird! I also did a "freestyle" painting - which turned out to be all BCC colours and shapes. doubly weird.... Normal? Me? Yes! whatever that is! Good luck at school today JCJ - going to a Governor's presentation at OFSTED at lunchtime!

take care ladies - no paddling.... Paralympics bench is frustrating and inspiring by turns. Recording's a good idea!

Jane

foxyferret

JCJ - best wishes to you - you will be ok, I'm sending you positive vibes. You will cope and you have your trip to look forward to, 30 years , pearl anniversary, is something to celebrate.
katytc

JCJ, never ever ever go into the lake, there's an awful lot of guilt in there.
Where are you going?
You may pass through my city, if you see a crazy nut waving madly it maybe me xx

foxyferret

Thanks Katy, Yes ,I'm back on the "happy" bench tonight I've a lot to be thankful for.
I don't know what what NORMAL is , but I'll try for it.
JCJ

Helloooo Katy and FF! I was getting lonely! Practising my flushing all by myself in Benchland! I have to remember the alligators are there, and not try to cool off in the lake!

I'm back at school tomorrow too. 2 training days before the kids return. 8-week half term so it's going to be tough for me, having only done 1 full week since February. Bit apprehensive, to be honest, but we have booked that Scottish Highlands coach trip for half term (for our 30th wedding anniversary - postponed from June because I'd only just finished rads and was worried I'd be too tired to appreciate it!) so I've got somethinbg to look forward to, to keep me going!

Nobody normal here!! ..... Thank goodness. 🙂
katytc

Ouchy Ouch FF that sounds sore, glad you're back on the "happy" bench tonight!!
NORMAL what's that????? xx

foxyferret

Hi Katy glad to see you, Sorry to hear you've been flushing buckets. Now I'm taking the the Ta'poxy'fen ( see I told you I'd call it that from now on) I'm waiting for that to kick in.

Talking of bumps to the head, couple of months ago I left a wall cupboard door open in the kitchen, turned round and bashed into said door mopped up copious amount of blood and still have scar on upper eyelid.

Yes, I've had the bad days they're now gone I'm fine again tonight . This week I'm back at school and also back to my other job so life is now back to what it was before bc. So seven months on from dx normality? No I don't think so, never again will I take my health for granted, every twinge will be what if?? But I will live my life to the full and enjoy it.

Obviously I'm on an upswing tonight. I reserve the right to be miserable again later!!
katytc

Helloooooooooo!! FF, I'm here, have been concentrating on my flushing abilities, have been really good for the last couple of weeks and this weekend have been flushing buckets what's that all about?????
When I'm not turning red and distinctly wet, body has decided to lower my temperature so my teeth have been chattering!
Could it have been the bump to the head??? Any ideas welcome.
Sometimes you just have bad days FF, hope you feel better soon, things have a habit of catching up with us when we least expect it, take care all xx

foxyferret

I'm on the "lonely" bench. where are you all?
I just catch a quick flash of blue now and again as CM roars past.

Grumpy - horrible for you - hope you feel more positive soon and can get them to do something to help you. To be led to make your decisions on certain information and then find it was misleading must be devastating.
JCJ - Ta'poxy'fen - love it,I shall always call it that now. Especially as it think it's made me sit on the "bloomin' miserable bench" for nearly three days!! I am a glass half full person and don't do depressed but I've had to be a good actress for the family this weekend.

Hope you all have as good a week as possible.
JCJ

Thinking of you Grumpy and hoping you can get yourself to the right place to make your important decision, so that you do what's right for you! Just put your health first because you're still you - no matter what shape!
Hope today was better for you Katy. Your positivity made me smile! 🙂

I've just collected my next prescription for the lovely Ta'poxy'fen and it's APS this time, not Wokhart that I've had all the time up to now, so fingers crossed the SEs don't get any worse.

I was a good girl and walked the mile each way to fetch my prescription (all up hill on the way!), so I now reserve the right to sit on the Paralympics bench and watch TV all evening! 🙂

I've cunningly recorded it all, so I can skip all the ads and incessant pontificating and nattering and actually watch the sport! I was on the FF bench last night trying to watch. !0 mins jabbering, 3 mins ads and then 10 more mins opinionating and recapping what I'd ALREADY SEEN HALF AN HOUR EARLIER, then 3 more mins ads. ARGHHH!

Going to be more chilled tonight. Pass the non-hot-flush-inducing chilled alcoholic beverage and the calorie free chips and cake!
grumpy

Good evening Ladies
Had a good session with the CancerCare counsellor today.
Realised I am STILL angry about false hopes for corrective surgery, and I've got to dump it before I can move on to the next bit.
And I'm so sad about it all, so I need to get a grip on that, because I can't make a decision about what/if surgery to have while I'm in a tizz. Not good to make important decisions that can't be reversed when my brain is all over the place. Why is it that 'cancer' can mess with our brains more than our bodies????
Going to sit on the Squiffy Tincture Bench for a while, then go to bed........
Thank you again to all you ladies who understand and give support - it's invaluable.
grumpy

katytc

Great start to the day, YD phoned and said did I know where blah, blah was, from the airport at 5.30 am, thank you darling daughter. Next went outside to put something in the bin, heard a buzzing around my ear and lo and behold a wasp!
Whacked it away and came inside, heard buzzing again it had come in with me aaaaaaaaaargh. Wasp flew to window, tried to get it out, opened the window and was swiping madly, it fell on the ground and as I bent to pick it up hit my head off the corner of the window, got wasp out, but have a giant egg sized lump on the back of my head!
And all before 8 am, good job I'm staying positive! xx

grumpy

Hi Revcat - yes nuked boobs can have surgery if new tissue is being used i.e. lipofill (new fat) or recon (new skin and muscle), without wound healing problems. The new tissue has a good blood supply which aids healing etc. However reduction surgery is a bit iffy, NOT IMPOSSIBLE, because it relies on stitching nuked skin together and that has poor blood supply so may have healing problems. The naughty bit is that no-one explained this to me before the original surgery and rads..... If I'd had double MX I could have had double recon, but because I had double WLEs tweaking is contra-indicated!!! How daft is that - the really invasive major surgery is OK but less invasive op rules out (almost) any future nip and tuck. Now I don't believe in going down the major invasion route when it wasn't medically necessary, and I was always re-assured that surgery after all treatment would be possible - difficult but possible. Anyhow as I've said I'm not angry about it now, just very sad.... so when I've cleared my mind on that I'll be able to make a decision. I'm trying to see my lopsided boobs as badges of survival like my tattoo dots, but it's hard going.

Thanks to all ladies for their concern and support - it's great.
Will post tomorrow after I've seen the counselling lady, and am taking a few tinctures tonight to help me sleep.

And anyhow the Girls don't care what Mammy's boobs look like - they just want food, walks and cuddles!!!!

grumpy

katytc

Hope you all had lovely hols/breaks, weather has been so awful. It would be lovely if we could have some prolonged sunshine, it just makes you feel so much happier.
Grumpy hope whoever you talk to makes you feel better about things, thinking of you and sending you hugs.
I'm on the "head and stomach doing somersaults, not in a good way" bench, was fine yesterday, today secretly screaming inside........................the waiting begins, trying soooooooooo hard to stay well away from the CSL bench xx

JCJ

Back from another camping trip yesterday and everything put away, except for the bedding, which is in the washing machine! Another 11 months until I can go again :(, (all being well!) Let's hope it's a less traumatic 11 months, eh?

Rain lashing down again, so I don't feel TOOO bad being back at home in the dry and warm (too warm, but that's just me?? :))

Time for a coffee and a wee sit on the CBA bench for a while. This holiday lark is exhausting!
Ali_H

Thanks for the macaroons Vercors, my favourite! I make them sometimes at home, crikey I get in a right mess....macaroon mixture everywhere, usually because I'm laughing at myself so much! They never look quite as good as the professional ones, but they taste good....and of course the kitchen gets a good clean afterwards!!!
Hope the men in white coats are good to you 🙂

Now settled on the time for myself bench with cuppa and macaroons, the ironing can wait a while 😄
RevCat

Thanks Madjock. I have a laptop with a full size keyboard including number pad cos I dislike fiddly little keys! Nardini's is a (locally) famous icecream place in Largs but recently opened a branch in Glasgow.

Oooh, such fun finding new and interesting symbols to type.... so now I can really have music in Benchland ♪♫♫♪

ho ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go 🙂
Guest user
Not applicable

RevCat
You can get the full list of ASCII codes if you google ASCII keys.
I'm assuming you use a laptop. To use laptop keyboard
1) The number lock, top row right must be on, a little light should come on.
2) On your keyboard there should be small numbers on keys 7, 8. 9, U, I, O, J, K, L, M (small numbers should read 7, 8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 0, these are the number keys you use).
3) In theory all you have to do is hold down the ALT key and type the key code for the symbol you want - µ is (ALT 230).
This works on my daughter’s laptop but not sure if it works on all. That’s it simple pimple. If you're using a PC with full keyboard just use the ALT key and numeric keypad but number lock must still be on.
I've never heard of Nardini's ice cream, but then it's a good many years since I left Glasgow.
Sleep well.
Maggie

Just remembered - if you normally use Microsoft Word go to insert special character (symbol whatever) if you click on the character you want it actually tells you what the ASCII code is - save you reading through enormous list of key codes and just keep a note of the ones you need/want
vercors

A mean machine in benchland? All this activity while I was away. Calory free, macaroons, carambars and wine in the benchland larder. On the relaxed bench after a three weeks break. I almost forgot about cancer while I was away until the last night, when I cried For two hours non stop? I don't know why. Today was back to reality with herceptin, tomorrow Zoladex and next week a portacath fitted. I am back in the men in white coats roundabout. O well. I hope everyone is keeping well.

RevCat

Well said Pargayan! Cancer is so not a competition - that's the whole point of this thread. No one would wish their diagnosis or side effects or whatever on anyone, not even their worst enemy. It sounds like you'ver had a really horrible time Grumpy, and I'm a bit confused - people do have tweaks to nuked boobs (I was offered lipo-sculpting to make mine bigger but said no). Really hope that in time you might get closer to a matched pair (my own waiting list wait grows ever longer!).

Now then, borrow my biggest thwacking ladle and thwack that guilt right into the lake! Then reward yourself with a wee snifter or little quelquechose a manger.

Madjock - thanks so much for the lovely µ oooh, so what is the ASCII combination, I so love keyboard short cuts and get very frustrated with newer software that is more and more mouse driven.

Back to work tomorrow. Had a lovely break enjoying places on my doorstep 🙂 ended up with Nardini's ice-cream which Scottish Benchies will understand.
pargayan

Grumpy - Despite thinking you have had a straightforward time, you have still been diagnosed and gone through treatment so throw that guilt in the lake where it belongs. Hope you get some help from the counsellor and eventually get the nip n tuck you need x

grumpy

Ladies - on the Weepy Wobbly Bench today re: corrective surgery. It's a long story, and has been a battle to get the onc to agree to a nip and tuck, so I've been very ANGRY because I always believed things could be 'put right' after all my treatment and was only told different 12 months after surgery and r/t. Anger dumped in lake for alligators to eat, and now I just feel so so sad cos I believe I would have made a different decision about my treatment plan, and opted for the nip and tuck prior to r/t, hence no possibility of problems with wound healing etc. as could happen now. Seeing the CancerCare counsellor on Thurs and hoping she can help me to deal with the sadness - then I may be able to make a good decision about my lop-sided boobs.
Oh deary me - and I still feel guilty cos my BC has been fairly straightforward, NED, no chemo required, s/e from drugs going away etc. when other folk have a much rougher scenario to cope with.
I shall now make tea, then do some housework as therapy.....
grumpy

ChoccieMuffin

FF, a Sportster is a "little" Harley, but I've got a big one (phnar, phnar, ooer missus!) with an engine bigger than my daughter's car! Took the thing out yesterday and it decided to die on me. Quick phonecall to significant other, who made a few suggestions. Now have assorted further purchases for the toy, to try to get it more reliable. As with a car, when you buy a second-hand one, you can expect to have to spend more money on it, but hey, I knew that when I bought it. (Got it working again with assistance so still love it.)

Just off to walk the pooch round the common on the edge of benchland, before it starts to rain, so if there's anything loud and blue tearing round benchland it's not me, and please call the police because someone's nicked me bike!

Guest user
Not applicable

RevCat
Here's a couple of µ µ's for you. You have to be old like me to remember the old ascii keyboard codes! I still use a PC so my keyboard still has the numeric keypad at the side, not sure if it works on laptop.
Take care of them
Maggie
RevCat

Katy glad your geggies (teggies) are now settled down and temperature resistant again.

JCJ sea-bathing in a thunderstorm, bloomin' ector, that deserves a platinum medal. 🙂

FF may be a bit early for Tam SEs but hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones. For me flushes simply continued on from chemo so I've had two years of them now . Breast doctor insisited on giving me clonidine last week - just 50ug (u = micro, no mu sign on here!) at night. So far limited effect, but slightly less intense... I may have to step aside to offer my place in the team to someone who glows better (says she as wooosh a h-u-g-e flush overtakes her as she types)

Finally have a date for gynae appt - 17 Sept. Exactly two years from first chemo... how spooky is that? Trigger event was exactly two years from finding lump... cue spooky music.

Vroooooom what was that.... ah CM on her mean machine!

Best hugs to all Benchies.
katytc

FF, everything went well at dentist and woke up this morning sensitivity free, yahooooooooo!! So enjoyed my cup of tea, hope you get on fine at work today.
JCJ, swimming in the sea in a thunderstorm wow! You really are taking the synchro flushing/swimming practice seriously!
YD is off tomorrow so manic trip into town today to get last things, thought we were doing that when we went in on Sun, oh dear a long day ahead! xx

JCJ

Squatting in daughter's flat in Norwich again. Just got back from 3 days camping on N. Norfolk coast, so on the kna**ered bench. Heading on home tomorrow.

Had interesting exerience of swimming in the sea in a thunderstorm on Sat - then got thoroughly soaked trying to get back to the car - didn't even bother trying to change out of swimmers - what would have been the point in getting our clothes wet too, we were already wet?! My car seat is still slightly damp!

So in 3 weeks, and 2 holidays, I've only managed 1 swim in the sea. Gutted! I live probably the furthest it's possible to live from the sea, in Uk, and won't have chance again until next year. 😞

FF - yes it probably is too early to be sure you are SE-free. I was until these last couple of weeks; now I have 3 or 4 flushes a day, but they are manageable, - so far - and they COULD be due to Zoladex or the combination of Tamoxifen & Zoladex!

CM - glad you're enjoying your new toy - but could you zoom around a bit further from the K bench, please, as I'm in desparate need of some quiet, uninterrupted peace. (Campsite was full of noisy children!)