62348members
328145posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Aaaah FF, so sorry you are feeling yucky, not good at all, fingers crossed you pick up soon. Do you need stronger meds when weather changes?

JCJ, are you better?

New glasses woo hoo, I can see tv without squinting, have thrown that wonky pair in the bin but am keeping old pair of reading glasses cause my GS loves to pull them off my face so will wear new ones when he is not around haha!!

Have him 2 days in a row because lido on Thurs, do think it's an ordeal (had to edit am meaning lido not GS) but also very much worth it so if it's only one day I can get over itSmiley Happy!

YD off on another holiday, I get more excited about it than she does haha, she is sooooooo tanned already xx

Community Champion

If it rains where you are I'll drive there!  I had to ring in sick this morning, no way could I have the cleaned the school tonight. Have told them I'll also be off tomorrow but hopefully back on Weds. Weather forecast says  a lower temperature and an increase in humidity so hopefully I'll be ok then.

Grandaughter (12 year old) has lent me her hand held fan with water spray function to try and yes, it so helps!  I've now ordered one from a well known site . Next day delivery so she can have hers back pdq. 

Hope your back is better today.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hugs, FF. Virtual ones that won't make you hotter!  Stay in. Keep cool. Shop online if necessary. Queen's Tennis starts tomorrow! Smiley Happy

I'd do my rain dance but that won't be any good to you, if it rains here!! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Heat is making things extremely yukky JCJ.  I've got the curtains drawn, himidifier going full blast and a fan on. I'm fine while doing nothing, sitting down, reading a book or watching tv. Going outside is a different story.  Went to supermarket yesterday, that was an ordeal I don't want to repeat but as family ate me out of house and home today, I will have to. I'll make do and then go just before they close when it's cooler

Right now I'm wondering about school tomorrow. I hate being off work. I just don't do off sick (to the point that my HT has taken one look at me and said "go home").  But right now I'm not sure if I can do it tomorrow.  I need to phone in by lunchtime so I'll see how things are in the morning. 

Glad your back is better, take care.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Back MUCH better today. A bit stiff & twingy first thing and a few spasms this morning but I've not taken any anti-inflammatories today! Smiley Happy

It's been VERY hot here. OH is like a bear with a sore head. His hayfever & PD meds make him so much less tolerant of heat - and he never was that good with it!!

I managed, at long last, to drag myself to the local garage that sells flowers and plants, and get stuff to do the tubs. Only 2 weeks late! It's usually a half-term job, but what with the wedding, and the fact that the winter pansies were still flowering beautifully, then all that rain and my back....... a catalogue of excuses! Smiley Tongue. I followed the shade around the house and replanted all the pots - being VERY careful with my back - sat on a garden chair so I didn't have to bend too much!!

I expect you to wear both glasses tomorrow, KTC, lime green and electric blue simultaneously! Amazing. And you'll be able to read and see long distance at the same time? Smiley Tongue And here's me with boring old frameless varifocals! Smiley Very Happy

Hope the heat's not making you feel too yucky, FF. xx

Community Champion

Mrs Jayceejay Benchland is not such an ususual name these days surely?  Hope the back improves steadily over the next few days.  When my back was particularly awful (before the op.) I used to set the alarm clock for half an hour before I needed to get up and take painkillers then.  An idea for you JCJ?

Family came over today, nice and noisy.  Half the contents of my larder consumed. Need a trip to supermarket tomorrow.  Thought I'd got enough food in for the next few days, well not any longer, no bread left, no ham, no salad and very little cheese but I did manage to hide away my favourite crisps although the other crisps disappeared at a rate of knots.

Son and family then went to the local boot sale, they invited me to go with them but I declined.  27 degrees full on sun, no shade, no way!  Apparently they didn't stay there long but they got some good bargains as there weren't many people there.

Community Champion

Hahahaha JCJ, you could have done it if you really wanted to hahahahaSmiley LOL!!!

Don't blame you cause it would have went "can you spell that please??" Mrs JCJ?? hee hee

Fingers crossed, backs are awful for pain, are you taking any painkillers?

Have a busy week ahead, new glasses tomorrow though, woo hoo, am really looking forward because distance glasses are just holding together and no more.............so have been watching tv all squinty...........

Lovely weather here but have not ventured out saving myself for tomorrow, haha. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Spent most of the day on the reading bench, (Thanks to kindle 99p bargain!) interspersed with little wanders to the washing line and kitchen and a small amount of gentle pruning in the garden, so my back didn't sieze up. It's improving slowly, but was awful when I first got up this morning.

I have booked The Madlands for the Wednesday @3:15pm. I chickened out at the last second and gave my real name - just as well because he went on to ask for my first name and title! Don't think I could have brazened out Mrs JCJ Benchland?! Smiley Tongue  Dietry requirements: 1 no butter or spread - not that there's any point - we'll have to tell them again, as per usual,  when we arrive! I booked for 4, just in case, but said it would probably be 3 of us.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hospital lists! I often think the NHS would be less stretched if it didn't automatically generate routine follow up appointments for everyone for every condition known to medical science! I declined my follow up after the trigger thumb op (not the stitches removal, but the 6 weeks later one) and, fortunately wasn't even offered a follow up after gallstone op! However, the BC check ups have been reassuring!

My back is gradually improving. Still very stiff in the morning and if I sit too long, I struggle to get upright again or walk. But once I'm moving about I'm fine and I can now sit comfortably, so that's an improvement! I went swimming last night, as I knew it would help, but I took it really steady and only did 50 lengths. All those weeks where I did extra lengths are now paying off as I don't feel I've lost out by swimming less this week.

After school club (although I cursed saying I'd do it) was actually really nice tonight. 4 lovely kids, happily playing outside, or on the Wii, and all I had to do was make them drinks and toast and play the odd came of "catch the beanbag in the scoops" and share a book about sharks. I spent a lot of time playing solitaire on my laptop because the kids didn't need me! And I can claim £14 an hour for it! Nice! Payback for all those sh** times when I'm not paid anything like enough for what I have to put up with!!? 

I called for my Friday night chippies on my drive home, so I'm on the naughty bench for not walking to get them!

I plan to book The Madlands at some point this weekend. I keep looking at the smear test letter and thinking I should book that too, but perhaps it will be better to  leave it to the school holidays so I don't have to worry about fitting it in around work. Pretty sure they don't do weekend appointments for that! Smiley Sad Or am I just making excuses to put it off?? 

Community Champion

Oh, I'm on a list alright!  A just how much time can we waste list!  Really the appt, could have been given to someone who had a legitimate problem.

Bargains, yes I love our weekly market, lots of things that just can't be got anywhere else...... at a reasonable price.Smiley Happy  So glad that you have found the perfect bag. 

Hope your back is better JCJ.

Weekend, two days off school....YAY.

Community Champion

Would def try and move as much as you can JCJ, it's hard but worth it even when you don't want to do it, fingers crossed you are better today.

Bargains then? FF, I love a bargain hahaSmiley Happy

I have a yearly clinic (with a nurse) I go to too, it's just like a mini check up, and as you say if you have a problem you would go to docs. Think with certain things they have these check up clinics, you'll be on a list!

I "bagged" a real bargain today, remember my fav handbag was sadly getting too tatty, I bought a new one which am pleased with, but today was wandering around CS, bought a jigsaw and as I was making my way to the door saw THE bag, it was just perfect, had to get it, am soooooooo pleasedSmiley Happy!! xx

Community Champion

Well that review was a total waste of time, both mine and the nurse's!  The letter I received said to take all my meds. with me and that I would be having spirometry tests.  I got all the meds. ready in a bag and then left it at home.  Thought it wouldn't matter too much as she could look on the computer.  No it didn't matter.... she never mentioned them!  She asked how I was? I said I was fine.  And that was IT. No tests, nothing. Just booked in for next April for the tests as they only do them yearly and mine were done last February??? HUH?? What was the point?  

Don't they ever think that if there was a problem I'd be making appts. and if I'm not, I'm ok?

While I was in town I collected the latest prescription from the chemist.  Then went to have a look at the market, one stall sells out of date puzzle books cheaply so I got a couple of those.  Then had a look at the bread stall and just had to buy a walnut and date loaf, that was lunch, just delicious!  The s/h book stall cost me £5 (three books). Then there was bin liners, washing up scrubby sponges and visit to the fruit stall.  All cheaper than the local supermarkets.  

School a mess, overtime done, not bothered will get the time back another day.  Weather gorgeous, warm and sunny although if forecast correct it might get a bit too hot over the weekend!

Community Champion

I had my final smear test last year, so glad I don't have to have any more.  But it was ok, in fact, I was surprised to hear the nurse tell me that they get more uncomfortable with age.  I know all about bad backs and yes, just keep moving. The "no" word?  I sorted that years ago, just take the letters "o" and "n" and rearrange them and then SAY them.  It's got me out of a lot of things I didn't want to do.

Great news for your ED Katy, I wish her well for her studies.

Not a lot happening down here, school was great tonight, they'd been on a trip, only got back to school about 2pm so hadn't had time to make much mess!  I've got a review with the repiratory nurse tomorrow, I'm absolutely fine, the meds are doing their job. They need the results of the tests to keep an eye on me, I know but they can keep their figures to themselves, I'm better than I was in winter  That'll do me! 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Back was agony this morning. Really struggled to get out of bed to turn off the alarm. Driving to work was excruciating - especially the road humps - but it is gradually improving, as long as I keep moving. Sit (or lie) down for too long and I sieze up again! Smiley Sad. I can, however, guarantee that it will be better by Saturday because that is when the hot/cold first aid packs will arrive that I've just purchased from Mr Futon!! 

Letter for me when I got home. "Private & Confidential", addressed to my first name, so something medical/official. Saw NHS in amongst the code printed on the back of the envelope. Oh no?!?!  Onc appointment on 26th. Probably something to do with that - a rearrangement or something. Breathe! Do not panic!

Opened it. Arggghh! Invitation to book a smear test. Bleurgh. I hate that - and will be even more unpleasant thanks to the *****y Tapoxyfen SEs. Smiley Sad. And I was recently thinking that, as I've now reached the age when it's every 5 years, not 3, it won't be for aaages yet! Ah. 5 years already!  But must be good and book it. Sometime. Soon. Ish.

Community Champion

fingers crossed your back is better today JCJ, big hugs.

Yep, choc fudge cake I could also eat that at 10pm haha!!

Am seriously thinking of going to bed asap, feel tired, yawn, yawn...........

Good news ED went for her college interview today and was accepted on the spot, woo hoo, so pleased for her, exciting indeedSmiley Happy!

Had to celebrate with a takeaway, bad moi xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

What's wrong with rasps & cream at 10pm? It's one of your five a day! Smiley Happy Could be worse: could be chocolate fudge cake - can't think who might be snacking on that at 10pm! *whistles innocently*.

Long, hideous day at work today and I've twinged my back - just twisted slightly yesterday morning, whilst moving a piece of paper from one table to another!! It wasn't too bad yesterday, but it's much worse today. Hopefully the painkillers I've swallowed and ibuprofen gel I've plastered on will let me sleep it off! Already dreading trying to get out of bed tomorrow! Smiley Sad

And at some point during today I also seem to have agreed to run the wrap around care after school club on Friday because the usual woman has to go to a funeral. Friday!! Like I want to do an extra 2 1/2 hours on a Friday?!! I'm going to make d**n sure I put in an overtime claim! Still haven't mastered the N word??

Community Champion

Distance and readingSmiley Frustrated!

Am a bit of a fraud really, cause there is just a dash of lime green and electric blue on the outside but all colour is in the inside so not really THAT daring haha.

Now is it arms or legs JCJ???

Hope GD is better today and glad work was tidy, woo hoo.

My GS was a little naughty today, terrible twos are creeping in, thankfully he gets over it quickly............long may that last...............

Tea almost ready, had rasps and cream last night around 10pm bad behaviour or what?? xx

Community Champion

Ooooh, lime green and electric blue, very daring, will make my specs look rather boring.  A change of colour for when you wear different outfits?  Or one for reading and one for distance? 

I'm having withdrawal symptoms.......there's no tennis!  However,  I will survive until Thursday when Nottingham starts and I can watch green tennis instead of orange.

Daughter was supposed to pop in today but a phone call revealed that youngest GD had been up all night with a temperature, so they were staying in and having a Peter Rabbit fest on the tv.  Hopefully she will be better tomorrow.

School (apart from the toilets) looked as if no-one had been there, so a good opportunity to get a few extra jobs done. 

Community Champion

Not raining here woo hoo, YET??

Had my eye test, 2 new pairs ordered, one lime green and one electric blue, the ones I'd picked online so instead of standing for ages and ages trying to find pairs, just asked if I could see "these ones" read out the names, suit them fine, girl said I was one of the easiest customers ever hahaha!!

Am all excited, collect them next week, prescription hasn't changed in 6 years so am pretty happy.

Went and bought some tasty things for tea, yum yum but can't decide what I want...................xx

Community Champion

Your dinner sounds delicious JCJ, I had sausage and cheesy mash, not quite the same but I enjoyed it. Then I watched the tennis, yes, someone who has had injuries, time off and down time has come back even better than ever before.  If Andy had won the semi-final he would have lost the final!

Rafa's going to Queens!  That will affect Andy's chances there!

Whoa, Lady Katy, I've only downloaded one book!  And today I spent reading a real book, along with being hostess to Son and family.  Grass has been cut, looking so much better.  Good luck with the new frames. It's a bit scary having to choose, I'm lucky that I only have to wear glasses when no-one really sees me....only driving and playing the piano.

Tonight I've put out the recycling and rubbish.  It's been different as tonight it all changes and we can recycle even more.  That is good but we go from three bins to four and working out what needs be where?  Things that used to be in the box now need to be in the bag?  Hope I've got it right, sure it will soon be second nature and more recycling is good!

Community Champion

Choc fudge cake rasps and cream oh yummy yum yumSmiley Happy!!

Sounds delicious...............

Woohoo for FF, we will not see you for days.......................all those books haha!!

Quiet day today, tomorrow am having eyes tested, looking forward to having new glasses, have had a look and picked several frames just have to see if they suit me now.

Lady, mmmmmmmmmm that sounds good hahaha. xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I. Am. So. Full!  Roast pork dinner with all the trimmings followed by chocolate fudge cake, raspberries and cream. And that's after I mopped up all the dripped off the cake ganache with half a dozen strawberries as a mid afternoon snack! Smiley Happy

I didn't exactly use enough energy to warrant such a big meal either, as I spent most of the afternoon sitying watching the tennis - no spoilers, but someone played unbelievably well!! 

Going to be another loooong week at school. 30 more days (and that's just next week??! Smiley Tongue)

Community Champion

I've looked at train times and prices and have come to the conclusion that I will save time and money by driving it again (even taking into account the car park fees).  Plus I like being in charge, to stop and rest or have a cup of tea when I want!  So I should be on time to meet you off the train JCJ. First Class Katy?  We shall have to call you Lady Katy!  A good time to be leaving, leisurely breakfast at Rita's and then depart.

I've had a lovely lazy day today and finally worked out how to use my Kindl, yes, I've got a Kindl, finally I've joined the e-reader world.  Only because some of my favouite authors are only releasing new stories as an e-book and I want to read them. AND also because I had Tesco vouchers (other supermarkets etc.......) and so the Kindle cost me nothing!. I had trouble finding out how it worked but took advice from my 93 year old friend (she knows more about technology than I ever will!) and tonight I managed to download a book!

A lazy day, watched the French Open final, not bothered over who won but I thought it would be Halep, so there was a surprise!  Hope Nadal gets his 10th tomorrow!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Whoop! Whoop! Changed booking website (one that charges a small booking fee AND postage Smiley Sad so I won't normally use them) and I've managed to get cheap train tickets without committing to a specific return journey. £12 for outward trip and £30ish for return + booking fee + postage and still saved about 20 quid off normal off peak return. 

I will be arriving about 2, and yes, KTC, I shall catch the same train as you when we leave. Smiley Very Happy. Excited!!

I've just made a chocolate fudge cake from YD's recipe that she used for her wedding cake. It will be doused in ganache when it cools and we'll have some of it with raspberries and cream for Sunday dinner dessert! Nom nom! 🍰 Smiley Happy I'll put some in the shed.

Community Champion

I sat for ages this morning looking at times etc its worked out well as booking early am managing to travel first class only costing around £30 more, am well pleased as I will be able to wear my tiara x
10.54 am will you be leaving with me? Xx
Community Champion

£21 for afternoon tea?  That's gone up hasn't it?  However price is irrelevant for the ritual and the company!  I'm in.  We'll save money on the breakfasts and could always have one/two less cups of tea!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just started to book trains, but too tired to make decisions about times. 2 singles - valid only on specific trains - cost only £38 total, but the return train  only gives me 8 mins at Lancaster. Can I cope with that stress? Open return costs nearly £30 quid more. I can afford it, but it's tempting to go for the cheaper one. Gave up. Couldn't decide. Too tired.

What time does your train leave Morecambe, KTC?

Decided to look at Madlands afternoon tea instead. WHAT??? It now costs £21!! That seems a lot? Are you still interested? I'm still happy to book, but wanted to check first. Cheap hotel, breakfast and chippies so I suppose it balances out?

Community Champion

Thank you ladybowler,  I've managed to prove that this da***d disease is beatable and I hope you (and lots of others)  will be in my position soon.  

JCJ, refresh first, post after.  Yes, please rephrase my discharge, I do not have have any kind of discharge. Smiley Tongue

Afternoon Tea (yes please!) is now an institution, so please book under any name you see fit to use. Looking forward to Rita's breakfast, many cups of tea and great company.

Annual mammos or 18th monthly mammos? Cost is not an issue, peace of mind is.  Still to be be decided as I know I've got the next year sorted at the van.

Sunshine and showers here, take an umbrella and hope for the best.

Community Champion

Woo hoo FF, scooby/booby dooSmiley Happy!!

Fantastical news.

So very pleased for you, hope you really, really enjoyed your cakeSmiley Happy!

Will you do it, annual mammos?

Will you still see onc for the next 5 years JCJ?

Train tickets booked this morning, woo hoo!!

Afternoon Tea is such a treat JCJ so if all agreed off we go again, and if booking, it has to be in name of JCJ Benchlander hahaha!!

Aaah Ritas, giant cups of tea and fish and chips, with added bonus of the bestest girls in the land, what more can one wish for???

Register for postal vote JCJ, makes life soooooo much easier.

Still pouring here, ridiculous nowSmiley Frustrated xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oooh! FF, I didn't 'refresh' before posting, so I didn't see your earlier post. Weeehoooo! Congratulations on your discharge (ew??! May have to rephrase that?,) Five years!! Paaaarty!!

You'vemanaged to get ahead of me, my appointment with onc is still a couple of weeks away, and, because of the REACT trial, I believe I shall be seeing her, and having anual mammos, for another 5 years. Must look out the trial paperwork to check that.

Community Champion

foxyferret

Well congratulations that is absolutely wonderful news and a great thing for us ladies who are early on in our recovery from bc to see, I am so thrilled for you.  Lovely way to celebrate such a momentus occasion

Helena x

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Got home from work. Slumped onto kn*****ed bench with cuppa and then realised it was polling day. The mere thought of walking the couple of hundred yards to the community centre to vote nearly made me burst into tears! Then the heavens opened......again! So I stayed put.

After the tea did it's magic, I shoved a swedish meatball, pasta and cheese bake into oven and dutifully trundled off to the polling station. Put my cross in a box. No idea if it was the right one, but at least I exercised my hard won right to vote!

Swimming was another mammoth effort, but I feel better for having forced myself to go. Nearly 10 miles, of the 30, done now.

There was a notice on the board at school, asking us to sign up if we fancied going for afternoon tea as an end of term celebration. Made me think of The Madlands. Are we doing that again at MMU5? (Still can't believe it's FIVE!!) Do you want me to book it? Or shall we do something different?

Community Champion

Zippedy doo dah, zippedy aye, my oh my what a wonderful day!  Signed off from the hospital, 5 years, I've made it!  Five years ago I was convinced I wouldn't but here I am NEDDY!  There IS light at the end of the tunnel ladies. I'm back to the van next year.  I enquired about private mammos every year and was told that most ladies go private between the van NHS mammos so end up having one every eighteen months.  It costs about £206 and mine could be done just across the road from the NHS hospital (by the same radiographers, who also work there)  and that computerised records were easily comparable. I think, I know, that's what I shall do.  

Didn't see MY Consultant but a stand in Consultant (not an underling)and she was obviously delighted (she really was) to see a patient to whom she could give good news. I punched the air, got changed and literally danced out of the room and collected Daughter and GD from the waiting room but walked sedately along the corridor before having to give in and raise both arms and go YAY!!!!!!!! There was a youngish couple in the waiting room holding hands and looking terribly frightened so I couldn't do it until out of their sight.

Then we went into the City looking for clothes for Daughter, no luck. I have M&S vouchers to spend, no luck there either!  I was half heartedly looking for a pair of summer shoes, went into Sketchers, yes lovely shoes but no, I'm not spending £95 on a sole and a bit of material upper. Found ourselves in a sports shop and a pair just fell into my trolley £19.99 that'll do nicely.

And then we passed the patisserie, no we didn't pass it we looked in the window, we always look, the cakes are just to die for...... but very expensive  Today I decided buy one as a treat, meringue,cream,strawberries, raspberries,blueberries, grapes, kiwi, walnuts, chocolate sauce.I'm celebrating but I do feel a little bit sick after that.

Community Champion

Oh my food was really goodSmiley Happy!

Had pork, friends had duck and chicken, their portions were huge, we had a dessert too, I had a banana, meringue, icecream and sauce, mmmmmmmmmmmmm yum yum!!

Sooooooooo delicious, we will def go backSmiley Happy!

Back to non stop rain, it's awful.................xx

Community Champion

Oh JCJ what have you done??? Not a couple of hours rain but ALL day and night, get those boots back out hahaha!!

Sometimes good to have a late present FF, a bigger surprise, so glad you like your new cushion.

Had GS yesterday and laughed hysterically, started watching teletubbies, they pop out of the ground and he jumped so unexpected?? then he was very confused by them, he was funnier than the programme.

Out for tea tonight, we are off to the posh place, had a look at their menu and it's fairly unusual. In a good way?? Not sure but it has brilliant reviews, we'll see.

Sun shining (boots must be on) a little windy though xx

Community Champion

All your fault JCJ, another rainy windy day here.  But seriously, thanks!  I am so much better when it is raining,  I just hope it keeps up until my review next week.

Been to Son's tonight for dinner, delicious as usual and collected the long awaited belated birthday present! Only a month and three days late ( still waiting for Daughter's ! Smiley Happy Birthday was cancelled due to extenuating circumstances).  Present?  First I must say that I've imposed a £20 limit on anything they buy for me and I accept I'm extremely difficult to buy for as I've got everything I want and am extremely pernickity!  So, a cushion, purple, YAY, I love purple and it fits in my colour scheme brilliantly.  Delighted. 

Daughter calling in tomorrow, a cup of tea and a chat will be good.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry girls. My fault it's pi raining. I put away my boots and got out all my sandals at the weekend. That always plunges us back into winter! That's why I waited until after the wedding!!

Cold, windy and wet here too.

Community Champion

Nope, grass not cut, boot sale cancelled. Rain got in the way of all our plans. Today even more heavier rain and gale force winds. Not a nice day at all but I've been reading on "tinternet" about a heatwave summer? Maybe, but not today!  This morning I was considering putting the heating on!  I was cold!  I didn't....... I told myself it was June and changed my clothing.

I dislike handbags but they are a necessary evil if one wants to carry certain stuff around! Four pockets in jeans are usually enough for me but I do own two handbags. One black (goes with anything), one red, (matches the favourite boots!)

Hospital appt. on Thursday with Consultant, last one I hope.  Mammo was clear so I'm not worried and expect to be signed off.

Watching Andy on catch up tv, still can't watch him live. Go Andy!

Community Champion

Oh my torrential rain hereSmiley Sad had soooooooo many things planned but won't be doing any of them unless it calms down.

Just keep thinking about your job after summer holidays JCJ, will be so much better and stress free, fingers crossed, time will soon pass and you will be a part timer, woo hooSmiley Happy

You are def doing the right thing, you come first.

Hope you had a lovely day FF, and grass is cut haha!

My favourite handbag is on its way out..............sooooooo bought a new one yesterday, hurrah! Did have other ones but had another clearout before hols and threw lots of bags out, only 3 left and none suitable for everyday use. Amazing how attached to a handbag you become, haha, must have been dancing around it too often thats caused it's demise............

All hol washing done and put away, even ironed!!

Thank you for your tips re suitcase, was wrinkle free and only half heartedly had to use iron once, hee hee xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh dear. It's raining. What a pity. Now I can't do the weeding in the garden. I'll have to just stay here on the reading bench. Shame?! Smiley Tongue

All my bags back in the car ready for school tomorrow. Wish I was ready. Smiley Sad Must just think about 7 weeks; 35 more get ups, and then we'll be finished for the summer. And I'll be finished with my regular teaching commitment (but I'm not convinced I believe that - just won't be paid for it? - but at least they can't claim incompetence, if it's not actually my job?? Smiley Happy Mwahahaha!

Oh. It's stopped raining. I'll just finish this coffee........

Community Champion

First of all it was the sheer speed, really 294 mph in a 200mph limit?  Where were the broomstick police?  And then the loops?  Oooh dear, so scary!  Next time there's an event I will go on my own broom.  Was a little bit like being driven about by Son Smiley Happy

Friends set off for home this morning and have arrived back safely.  It's been lovely to see them but as I said it's been full on, so now it's nice to relax, chill and get back to normal and watch the tennis.

Son and family coming over tomorrow, Son will cut my lawn, and then we'll go to the local car boot sale, hopefully there will be bargains.

Community Champion

maybe JCJ??? but perhaps am just nodding yes all the time hahahaha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hmmmm. Head shaking? Loop the loop broomstick riding at speed?

2 + 2 = 4?? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Aaaah FF, I did wonder why you were superly quiet throughout journey, thought it was sheer excitement or the fear of entertaining at such a special event. Am soooooooo used to whizzing around I do forget to be a little more responsible when passengers are also riding, bad me! Was it the loops that did it???

Choc cake yum yumSmiley Happy! and cuddles from GD, lovely!

Have your friends gone home now?

JCJ, what a lovely surprise for the girls, so kind. How excited will you be about your camping trip?

Looking forward to seeing photosSmiley Happy!

Am knee deep in washing here, despite tumble drying for hours...................

Am going to try and get an appt at docs next week, we never used to have any issues and would usually be able to have an appt reasonably quickly, not now, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, head still shaking but have found out it only occurs at a certain angle, am assuming it's to do with the nerves so I doubt anything can be done about it???

Also needing a haircut, will go to new place, am thinking of a new choppy style, will see when I get there.

xx

Community Champion

BBQ turned into an indoor affair thanks to the weather.  It rained, we all still had a good time.  Burgers, hot dogs, chocolate cake and ice cream, all the healthy options! (There was some salad on offer too.)

Youngest GD was seriously tired out and cranky, daughter put her into pyjamas and she selected ME for a cuddle!  I was honoured, she snuggled in and got comfy and two minutes later she was fast asleep. Dad picked her up and put her to bed.

Community Champion

I think I vaguely saw some some tennis on Sun and Mon.  Since friends arrived it's been full on, catching up, drinking tea and going out and trying to fit school in to the mix.  Worked yesterday am. then met friends for lunch in local cafe and a cream tea later on in the garden centre.  There's always a fight as to who's paying but it seems to work out equally over the years!

Today I played hookey from school and me, friends and daughter's family all went to a local resort for the day. Not the nearest but one about a hour away with a lovely sandy beach.  So I've built sandcastles with the youngest GD, looked for shells with 12 yr old GD, paddled in the sea just to be able to say that I did!  Fish & chips for dinner.  I tried to keep out of the sun and mostly suceeded but it was very breezy and I've caught the sun/wind on my face but because I was wearing sunglasses all day, I now resemble an owl Smiley Tongue

Tomorrow I'm at school and then we're having a BBQ at Daughters, Son and his family will be there too. Hope the weather behaves!

Welcome home, glad you had a good holiday Katy.

If you can't spot the bridesmaids JCJ, that's because one of them was a quivering wreck in the corner after THAT broomstick ride!  I may have leapt on it like a ninja but that's only because there was no alternative (you weren't stopping, were you Katy?) And the ride? Have you ever thought about a few more lessons?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome home KTC! Glad you had a lovely holiday.

Hope you are having fun with your friends too, FF.

Yes, I shall be bringing the photos to Norecambe (oooh! Just realised it's soon enough now to be able to book rail tickets! Smiley Happy ) Probably won't bother to get the photos printed - I've made an album that I can access on my phone or tablet. I'll choose one to print and frame for the family gallery, but I'm going to wait because, when the girls get back from their mini honeymoon, we're all going to share the pics we took, online somewhere, and there'll be the ones from the photographer too.

Of all the pics I have at the moment, there's only 1 with me on - (well I was the other side of the camera for most of them!!) It's a photo of "the last ones standing" when the celebrations ended at midnight. I look like a little ol' biddy gatecrashing a student party - which is more or less what I was at that moment! Smiley Tongue. So I'm almost as hard to spot as the bridesmaids. Hehehehe. I know I'm on several of the posed shots taken by the photographer - I wonder if she managed to capture you two at all?

The girls are in the Peak District at the moment, for 5 nights. They are staying in a cottage they have stayed in at least twice before. The landlady knew it was their wedding and left them this amazing array of goodies!

IMG-20170530-WA0007.jpg

The girls asked for cash instead of gifts "to pay for a honeymoon to look forward to once all the excitement has died down" A good idea, because it's been a full on year what with changing jobs, buying and decorating a house and the wedding. There's going to be a massive feeling if anti climax when they get back from Derbyshire. I don't know where they'll go: YD would much prefer to go camping, but I expect she'll be persuaded to go abroad somewhere.

I have booked the campsite YD & I stayed on last year, for the two of us, for 4 nights at the end of July. (D-I-L has given me permission to borrow her wife Smiley Happy ) I can't wait!! Sooo looking forward to it.

Spent the last 3 days gardening and swam another 1800m tonight - now 14Km into the 48Km swim!! Cream crackered now - good excuse to spend the next few days on the (red) tennis bench. Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Am home safe and sound, woo hooSmiley Happy!

Had a great time, weather was wonderful, food good and of course the family time, lots of laughsSmiley Happy

Baby fell at the pool 2nd last day and had to have paper stitches, already healing well, slight mark directly under his chin, hopefully no scarring, what a fright thoughSmiley Sad

Catching up with washing, mostly all done but YD comes back tomorrow with a gigantic suitcase so will start all over again haha! When I went into YD's bathroom, I noticed a thick magazine on the floor. thought to myself that's really odd, picked it up and saw a squashed spider yikes!!!

Only dishes to do then onto the "feet up on sofa" bench 

Glad you had a lovely meal and catch up shall we see The Wedding pictures in Norcambe JCJ?? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Went for a meal and a catch up with ex-colleagues/friends last night. Fish, chips, mushy peas, bread & butter & tea/coffee for £6.95. In a pub. Bargain. Delicious.

I, of course, took the wedding photos - well a selection of them, didn't bore them to death with ALL of them! - to show them. One friend, who's never met YD, picked the wrong girl as my daughter! Well they say people choose partners who resemble a parent?! Smiley Happy

YD's friend from work looked a lot like our ES (who wasn't there - he was invited but is an anti social ******!) and, after a few glasses of glitterberry juice, I very nearly called him by son's name!

Cut the front hedge yesterday. Back one to do today, but I'm dragging my heels a bit. CBA bench is sooo comfy!!

Community Champion

So pleased everything went really well a relaxed wedding the best kind ever.....many congrats to happy couple now its official. Cake looks fab yum yum and girls look very happy just wonderful.
Me and FF are sitting at the table behind the girls you can just see a little bit of green dress peeking out......
What was that journey like?? FF jumped like a ninja from rooftop to broomstick shes sone girl....xx