62394members
328351posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

As long as you don't forget the green knitted knickers or the stripey knee highs, you will be gorgeous bridesmaids! Smiley Happy

Early start again today. Breakfast club for the Y6s before their tests. Yaaaaawn!

Community Champion

Also excited about being a bridesmaid, but I thought our dresses were multi neon coloured with flashing Dr. Martens?  Have I got it wrong?  Let's sort it out and then I'll be ready for  the pick up.

Thank you for dusting off the FF bench JCJ,  I'm still sitting on it periodically when I think about it. I'm still annoyed.  Lovely photos of the chicks, hope everything goes well with them.  Seems Babs and Bob have got it right this year. 

School today lovely and tidy. Did some extras that only get done on holidays, so I'm ahead of myself, Yay!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Looking at that photo I realise there are 8 chicks! Hard to count when they're all moving. Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

aaaaah what a shame about the lampSmiley Frustrated, that's kids for you!!

What are they like JCJ, huge open mouths haha, really good they are all healthy this yearSmiley Happy!

Time is moving sooooooooo quickly, can hardly believe wedding is soooooooo soon.

Glad you have arrangements made, you have somewhere to sleep now, never mind your BIL just keep your kindle handy, you will be so engrossed you will have no idea what he's talking about.

Are The Wedding Party ready for me and FF??? in our gorgeous orange dresses and flipper shoes..............will have added bonus of red skin, my holiday tan will just emphasise the beauty of the dress.

Very excited about being a bridesmaid hahahaha!!!.

Will pick you up at 11.30am FF, cause we are flying, we shall arrive in style, on time xx

Had hair trimmed in new salon, felt a little nervous but hair is fine, woo hoo, mirror NOT, therefore I have come to the conclusion that, unfortunately it is meSmiley Embarassed xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad you had a good, delayed birthday, FF, but commiserations about the lamp. I've dusted off the FF bench for you! Kids, eh? Who'd 'ave 'em?

From the SpringWatch Bench: there are 7 healthy looking chicks and both parents are regularly feeding. They already look so much bigger than last year's sorry brood! I can see some feathers on some of them.

They're not getting the mealworms because the starlings are so D**n clever that they find a way around all my deterrents! Got to hand it to them. Nothing "bird brained" about them. There are kids at school with fewer problem solving skills!! It's another source of entertainment watching them crack each new puzzle, and I suppose they have chicks to feed too!

20170508_165011.jpg

20170508_165007.jpg

Community Champion

Had a lovely day today, presents given and received.  Conservatory has gone from slightly black/green to a lovely white again.  Car boot sale was enormous and all I got was an aching back from the ambling pace and no benches to sit on Smiley Sad Leftovers in the shed. Although it wasn't a cake, more a selection of goodies.

I have a magnifying/daylight craft lamp for my cross stitch.  My grandsons are forever playing with it (it bends into different positions) they are always being told to leave it alone.  And today I told each of them off for messing with it. Tonight I find it is broken, one or other has twisted it so far that the electric cord has snapped off where it goes into the switch.  It's not fixable and I am b****y furious!  That lamp cost me £60. I rang Son, their pocket money is now suspended until replacement lamp is paid for.  Bet they won't touch the new one Smiley Tongue

Sounds as if you're all organised JCJ. End of May?  Pack clothes for all eventualities. It could be roasting or freezing or a monsoon, who knows. Glad Bob and Babs seem to be attentive parents this time round.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Katy, The Wedding is Sunday 28th May, 12 noon in a pub/hotel in the centre of Norwich. We are staying the night before in Traveldodge because it's near the station and the wedding venue is fully booked for the Saturday as there's another wedding. The Sunday night, we are staying in the venue; as are the brides and quite a few of the guests.

Barbecue lunch: burgers, hotdogs, chicken, loads of salads (and I'll smuggle in some alliburgers too Smiley Happy)

Buffet in the evening  - which I presume will be sandwiches, sausage rolls etc.

There will be LOTS of cake. YD is making a 3-tiered affair with white chocolate and coconut cake, a chocolate fudge cake and a sherry cake. No icing, but each tier surrounded in chocolate fingers - it will require about 9 boxes of fingers: 3 of each colour!! YD has given firm instructions to the caterers at the venue to cut the cake into small pieces so everyone can have one of each. She also checked, at least twice, that everyone can have all 3 barbecue options if they so desire "there's always loads of food at a barbecue!" Smiley Very Happy

I'm quite excited, rather than nervous. Just a niggly worry about putting up B-I-L for the night and travelling with him. Train tickets booked. Seats reserved for outward journey as it's the Saturday of a B. Holiday weekend AND the start of half term. Also hope that OH won't embarrass us! No father-of-the-bride speeches, thank goodness, partly because there will be THREE father's of the bride (the other bride's mother remarried).

Yesterday was freezing here, and I thought "it will definitely be boots in 3 weeks time, and I probably should pack the cardy as well as the jacket".  Today has been sunny and glorious. "Perhaps it will be sandals after all. Won't need the cardy, and I'll be ditching the jacket quite quickly too!"

Bob & Babs have been hard at work delivering food to the Boblets. I think there are 6. It's hard to count them. I've definitely seen 6 gapes at once. I saw her take one dead one out. I think it was one of the last to hatch. They're not eating the mealworms despite the fact that we went to a garden centre (not just for lunch! Smiley Tongue) yesterday and bought a new feeder that should keep the starlings off. So far, only the starlings have found it, but they can't​ get in to get the mealworms!

I've realised that I can now tell the difference between Bob and Babs and I think it's Babs that has been roosting in the box over winter! He is slightly bigger and had more white on his head. (He's the one on the left of the picture I posted earlier.)

Community Champion

Have a lovely fun day FFSmiley Happy!

Looking forward to cake later, yum yum.

All quiet today, just doing a catch up, will be venturing to a new hairdresser this week, always makes me feel nervous...........

What is the exact date of The Wedding? will have to make arrangements with FF. Do you feel nervous JCJ?

Where are you staying? xx

Community Champion

I had my day planned.  A bit of food shopping and then a trip to the designer store *Rgoose* in the next town for a humidifier. Thought I'd go about 11ish.  Daughter phoned at 9.30 she's on her way to next town too and called into petrol station near to me, filled her car up and has left her purse at home. Could I come to the rescue?  Of course I could. I then got a lift to next town with her Smiley Happy  Result.... I didn't have to drive, got her company, got my humidifier and saw my Son and his family as Daughter was going there too. So a better day than I had planned,

Family over tomorrow for "our birthdays"  Son is going to pressure wash my conservatory and there will be tea and cake. If any left it will be in the shed.  Then we're all going to a Car Boot Sale.  Might seem a little ordinary but family together is what's important and a clean conservatory will be brilliant!!

A green and furry pastry?  I wouldn't have eaten it!

I'm off, birthday pressies to wrap, cards to write.  Hope I get that book I want Smiley Wink

Community Champion

mmmmmmmmm pastry sounds delicious, green and mouldy, yumyum, hahaha.

So pleased babies are doing fine and Bob is behaving this yearSmiley Happy!

Do you think OH stuck some mealworms in the pastry???

That was my first thought Smiley LOLxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I've seen at least 5 chicks hatched - saw Babs removing the shell off the latest! There are at least 2 eggs still visible. Bob in regular attendance.

20170505_162134.jpg

Sorry the picture is blurred - they move soooo fast I have to jump up with the camera!

Less good news is that the ****** starlings have worked out how to get the mealworms. About 20 of them mobbed the feeder this morning and gobbled the lot. Bob and Babs didn't get a look in. Will have to develop another cunning plan - perhaps purchase some chicken wire or smaller gapped hanging baskets. They seem to be finding food from somewhere anyway, and it's much warmer today! Smiley Happy

More from the SpringWatch Bench later. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Bobville update: OH says 2 of the eggs have hatched!! We weren't expecting them until the weekend at least! When I looked, Babs was sitting on them so I couldn't see.

Yesterday, a shipment of live mealworms arrived. Apparently, storing them in a sealed plastic box (old ice cream tub) in the ridge keeps them fresh as they go dormant. They certainly seem much stiller. I've just put some in the seed feeder inside the hanging baskets cage, but by morning I expect they will all have wriggled out and disappeared. It was very disconcerting when I opened up the cardboard box they were delivered in. Inside was one of those plastic sacks that looks like white hessian, tied firmly at the top with a cable tie. I could hear the little critters squirming about inside. I nearly freaked out!! I didn't want to open the bag!

Also in the post were some Euros for D-I-L-to-be's birthday. She's going to Lisbon for her hen do/30th birthday next weekend ('though her 2 accompanying friends are both lads, so she's calling it her stag do! Smiley Happy) A strange combination of items for one postal delivery? Smiley Happy

OH bought some "Danish pastries" home from the supermarket today. I was very abstemious and saved mine for after swimming. I have just eaten it, having looked forward to it all the time I was swimming. Such a disappointment! Smiley Sad Was expecting it to be a cinnamon swirl but it was SAVOURY! What??? It appeared to have stuffing in it - slightly green and furry in the middle! Most off putting. It looked like it was mouldy! Ew!!

Swam another 70 lengths tonight. I'm now at a place called Le Coudre, apparently; 14% of the way around Guernsey. I got a massive cramp in my thigh muscle in the middle of one of the lengths and thought I might not get to the end! Smiley Sad Managed to kick it out though before I drowned. Phew!

Thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow. I wish all school weeks were just 4 days!

Haha thanks Foxy, I didn't think anyone had noticed till I did that break dance routine on my head...

Had the transvaginal scan yesterday, just got to wait for the results but the sonographer said the thickened areas were 'decidedly skinny' . Have decided not to worry.

Been to my aunts for a birthday Chinese takeaway, yum, love special fried rice !!

Community Champion

An inch and a half has just disappeared into the ether.  Maybe a part of it is from my back operation in 2000 and the rest just old age shrinkage!!Smiley Frustrated  On the upside of that though, I've only just realised I can browse petite ranges in shops, so there may be more choice and a better fit Smiley Happy

I so enjoyed our party here, didn't know you could cartwheel like that Katy, or that JCJ is such a good contortionist!  Ali, such good moves on the dance floor!

Community Champion

One and a half inches??? Where have they gone??

Aaaah FF, quiet for you yesterday but you will have a wonderful time on Sun with all the family, will be worth the waitSmiley Happy!

And you at least had our party haha!

Where are you JCJ??

What you been doing?

Have to do a few things tomorrow, want to get everything done so I do not have to go into town on Sat, hate Sat shopping.

One of the reasons, forgot to buy new underwear, was actually in the dept getting something for YD, even wrote it down on my post it....................what a twit xx

Community Champion

Thank you for your birthday wishes.  I willingly agreed to postpone it because of circumstances and I have seen Daughter for 15 minutes this am. and Son phoned this evening.  Sunday will be a good day when we all get together for our Birthdays. I didn't think I would be at all bothered about the postponement but I must admit (only on here!) that I've felt really flat all day Smiley Sad  So the party on here has lifted my spirits Smiley Happy

Glad you managed to find what you wanted Katy, it's not easy is it?  Keep that mirror up where you are, I don't want it anywhere near me, especially after being measured and told I've lost an inch and a half in height!!

Community Champion

Happy Birthday FF woo hooSmiley Happy!

Cake in the shed, tiara on, fireworks and aliburgers down at the lake, it's party timeSmiley Happy, glitterberry juice on tap!!

Yep, on and off it was, did take two sizes of each, so managed to buy the things needed, well pleased, 2 more things to come cause they didn't have trousers in my size.

Well, well, well, have found a WORSE mirror, couldn't believe it?? have I shrunk by around a foot and widened by the same amount....................or is that really me?? Put hairdresser mirror and that one together, I am indeed a sorry state hahaha!!

Sunshine here today and it's warm, woo hoo xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

🎶 Happy Birthday day to yoooou, FF! Smiley Happy 🎶

Community Champion

Oh, I so enjoyed my lazy day on the reading bench.  Thanks for the muggatea and the cake JCJ.  Back to usual today school not too bad.

Hope you found clothes you liked that fitted Katy!  I hate it - take two sizes into the changing room, one of them might fit.  Trousers off, trousers on, no don't fit.  Trousers off, trousers on, they don't fit either, trousers off, own trousers back on. Lose the will to live Smiley Sad

I've got youngest GD for a couple of hours tomorrow. Daughter attending the funeral. Postponed birthday is tomorrow, I really have no problem with it being postponed until the weekend, when we can all celebrate mine, Son's and DIL's (both on the 8th).  

I have no idea how to store mealworms. Glad Bob seems to be attentive this year. Fingers crossed.

Community Champion

What, no cooking??? What about the mealworms??

Who won the badminton?

Glad daughter managed to buy something, nothing worse than trying to find clothes.

Enjoy your reading daySmiley Happy!

Have GS, then off to find some summer things, such an effort, clothes on, clothes off, am going to try a couple of shops I never really go into, so will have to physically try on trousersSmiley Frustrated. Don't want to buy then have to take them back.

Horrible grey day here.............xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Shove up on the reading bench, FF, I'm coming in with mugateas (mugsatea?) and home made Black Forest Gateau (OH's birthday cake). Don't worry, I won't disturb your peace. I've got my Kindle (other....)

Been watching Babs AND Bob in the box and on the feeders. My double hanging basket device is working: the small birds can get to the seed feeder but the starlings and pigeons can't. Success! Smiley Happy Now to time it right to purchase live mealworms to put in the feeder. Any ideas how/where one stores live mealworms? Smiley Surprised

Community Champion

No, I wasn't shopping, I was simply along for the ride and to advise on what Daughter tried on.  She needed clothes suitable for a funeral.  She finds it hard to find clothes to suit her size and shape (slightly overweight, but a really small waist) and lives in jeans and jumpers as I do.  I've spent many a time in changing rooms looking at things she has tried on and saying ( tactfully, of course, "NO, you can't wear that!")  She likes dresses, she looks better in separates.  She tried on dresses, I steered her away and we came home with a pair of black trousers, (tomorrow I'm taking the waist in!) two tops and a sort of poncho/wrap thing to wear if it is a cold day.

All things that she can wear again on nicer occasions.  And that is a result, most times we come home with nothing.  I didn't buy anything, I did look around as I have M&S vouchers to spend but nothing caught my eye. 

Tomorrow, really looking forward to my lazy day. Hope nothing occurs to interrupt it.

Your pub lunch sounds good, JCJ, hope you let OH win the badminton game.

Well done to you for the massive clearout, Katy, I could do with a mini clearout of my own, how many t-shirts does a person need? And am I really going to fit into those jeans again? Why am I keeping them? It's not happening tomorrow though, it's the reading bench for me. After the trouser alteration of course.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Sorry, KTC,not cooking tonight. We've just been for a picnic lunch on a pub carpark (nice view of trees and the canal from the car - a bit too cold to sit out) - then a lovely walk through a riverside woodland and back along the canal. Dinner in the pub. I had turkey breast with bacon and stuffing  and veg, followed by mini apple pie & custard then coffee. OH had lamb shanks followed by carrot cake cheesecake (nom nom but very rich, I couldn't have eaten all of it)

Now he's put up his birthday present portable badminton net in the garden so I'll have to go and give him a game - if we can see to play; it's getting dark!!

Community Champion

Shopping FF????

Have done it woo hooSmiley Happy, massive clearout, stuff organised for suitcase, all clothes (will never wear again) in charity box.

Also threw out bags and shoes, really don't know why I keep things, am completely exhausted now., haha.

Also realised will have to buy some new shorts and a couple of pairs of summer trousers.

The ones I have I don't like anymore so good excuse...........

After tea feet up for rest of night, psst what is for tea JCJ?? xx

Community Champion

Yes,JCJ, upon reflection you are right not to sink to her level.  Hope Bob will be a bit more faithful this year.

I was expecting a quiet day on the reading bench, but daughter arrived and suggested a trip out so yes, why not? And then in the afternoon the prospect of seeing son and family while son helped out son-in-law in the garden. Big Boy's Toys were involved there, so they were both happy, as was daughter in getting a job done. Chicken Dippers and chips were provided, not my usual sort of meal but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Going shopping with Daughter tomorrow and then on Monday I really hope I will be left alone to enjoy a quiet day on the reading bench.  Due to unusual circumstances my birthday on Wednesday has been postponed until next weekend.  I'm not bothered, when you get to my age a birthday is irrelevant. No, I don't want to be a year older. Forget it!Smiley Sad 

Community Champion

Aaah that's good news JCJSmiley Happy!!

Hopefully no more philandering from him.

Pretty quiet today, was a little tired, the week catching up methinks.

GD is off again next week (1 day) she only went back................I think they are off more than they are at school nowadays.

Really need to sort out wardrobe, tomorrow would be ideal but I am sure I will be planted on the "CBA" bench, oh dreary me, will need to try and get near the "get a move on" bench.

Just watched a programme about lidocaine poisoning, WHAT?? 

No need to worry though it's only when taken straight, mine is diluted hahaha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hopeful news re Bobville. OH has seen Bob coming in to feed Babs several times over the past couple of days and neighbours, 2 doors down, in whose tit box we suspect Bob was philandering last year! - has announced that, although a nest was started, there's nothing in their box now. Perhaps there'll be two adults to raise the chicks. We can but hope. Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

So very tired. Can't believe we've only been back a week! Thank goodness we've got a long weekend!

Two colleagues resigned today - both start in new schools in August/September. Delighted for them, but it's bad news for the school - (and me personally) Smiley Sad

Thanks for the birthday wishes - cake in the shed, and there'll be more on Sunday when it's OH's birthday! 

Restrained myself from any further conversation with, or about, Christchurch cottage woman. Going to just forget about her and remember the many good things about the holiday. Life's too short and I refuse to sink to her level. As it stands, anyone coming across my guest rating, if they care, will see who wrote it and my review of her place and make their own conclusions. If I escalate the argument then I'm as bad as her?!

I'm struggling to post tonight too, KTC. Grrrrr!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Deleted post because it, after refusing to post for seven attempts, posted twice!

Community Champion

I would do that too JCJ, still making me mad today, grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Went into town, did stuff I had to do and thought will just pop into supermarket on the way home, as I was walking (2 mins away) this man stopped me and said supermarket has had a powercut, it's  been closed for an approx 1 hour, WHAT??? Had one thing to get, which I need........................mmmmmmmmmmm

So am off to sit on the "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" bench, also this is the 3rd time I have attempted this post, getting madder by the minuteSmiley Frustrated

Hope you had a lovely birthday JCJSmiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Geez, I would have so fired back an e-mail that told her exactly what I thought of her and her rules!  And her precious cottage .  And then put it all over the advisory site for trips.  Am totally indignant on your behalf JCJ.........and ......."Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday"  think Stevie Wonder, you know the tune......Party.....

Community Champion

Geez, what is wrong with that stupid woman??? She is def unbalanced, why on earth is she renting out tiny cottage with no parking on site??? 50,000 rules, blah, blah and the bins???? Grrrrrrrr, that's unhinged behaviour. ....

Is it your birthday? ??
Balloons on benches, cake in shed, aliburgers and fireworks at the ready, tiaras on heads, happy birthday, JCJ, woo hoo!!
Big hugs to you xx

Wow!!! They actually think its a good idea for their business to score their customers?? I'm amazed, although I suspect it will not reflect well on them with potential holiday makers reading nit-picking marking for dustbin technique and fastest vacuum cleaner lap (I watch too many Top Gear shows). Obviously a key board warrior Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Cottage owner has retaliated!! I had an email this morning telling me she had "rated me as a guest" (not the site that advises about trips, but the one that comes directly from owners) 2* overall (out of 5) She had the barefaced cheek to put 1* for "cleanliness" despite my cleaning the kitchen and bathroom and leaving the place as i found it. I didn't vacuum (I always used to but OH threatened to disown me - that's what the 5 hour changeover is for!) or strip the beds, but I made sure it wasn't too messy. 

She judged my "adherence to house rules" as only 4* - which of the 50,000 rules did I break?? I even dutifully took all our rubbish to bins around the town, as advised, to keep her precious dustbins clean!! Smiley Mad. I was so angry for a while, this morning, spoilt my birthday breakfast! Smiley Sad but now I just think s** her! I'm never going to stay there again and I probably won't use that website again either. What a cow. She needs to appreciate what's actually important in life!!

Glad it's all done Katy, have a rest now x
Community Champion

Thank you for all the tips girls, will be rolling, steaming and travel ironing all at the same time hahaha!!

Ali that sounds wonderfulSmiley Happy, so pleased for you.

Back to reality with a thump JCJ, it can only get better.

Fingers crossed for the birdies.

Glad your school is TIDY, FF!

Did you put review on that place that advises trips??

Well, yesterday started very well, transport came and ended up being the earliest ever!!!!

Canula first attempt successful, woo hoo!!!

5 hours later all done, woo hoo!

Porter came and wheeled me down to transport base, all going well, then DISASTER, no transport available to take me home, could be an hour or could be two, WHAT???

Tried sooooooooooooo hard not to cry, boo hoo.

Had to go back to ward, transport lady and nurses all very kind, settled into my chair bed and closed my eyes....................next thing driver came up to take me back down to awaiting transport. 

Ended up about an hour late home but could have been so much worse.

Felt a bit sick, seems to be the travelling that does it, nothing can be done about that haha, slight headache but all gone today, glad it's over xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope it wasn't too faffy today, Katy.

Chocolate cake in the shed, and sultana tea bread because I've made both to take into school tomorrow - birthday obligation!

OH out tonight so I'm enjoying slobbing about on my own after a "see what falls out of the freezer" dinner. (Home made leftover fish pie & half a can of mushy peas Smiley Happy) Bliss.

I have received the whole damage deposit from the cottage and written a review. Honest but fair. I suspect it will never see the light of day!!

Babs still snuggled on 9 eggs. I have done some research and will buy some live mealworms for when the chicks hatch (that "big river" website sells them apparently!) I have dried ones at the moment but the starlings gobble them all, so I've copied a cunning plan to keep them off the feeder, that I saw on t'internet: 2 hanging baskets tied together around the feeder. Apparently, the little birds can get in through the mesh but the bigger birds can't. At the moment they all seem reluctant to go near it but maybe they'll get used to it.

Been teaching all day today. Already feels like Easter was weeks, if not months, ago! Exhausted!

Community Champion

Work has gone smoothly today. school quite clean only the usual mess to deal with. And there's that word Smiley Happy

Daughter still helping out her friend, so had no time to do her food shopping. So she gave me a list and money and I went shopping for her, got the listed iems and threw in a few things that I thought might be useful and still came in well under budget. Just not used to packing so many items into bags, I got quite flustered.  No longer used to packing a family shop!

Hope you are feeling ok Katy, and that the lido works it's magic.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You've heard of Smooth FM? Well we've got our very own Smooth FF!! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Shopping?  Does a car boot sale count as shopping? To me it's just mooching around a field trying to avoid the sheep poo and seeing if there are any bargains to be had. Then there's a burger, or chips or both at the end. Very occasionally there is something you want at less than retail price. That's not shopping it's a stroke of good luck! 

Ali - you are one lucky girl, what a pressie Smiley Happy Happy Birthday!

So glad Bob has been seen, I've got all my fingers crossed for them this year.

Good luck tomorrow Katy, perhaps it will all go smoothly this time.  And there's that word again.  Smoooooth my favourite word of the week!  I'll try to get it into every post!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I second the steam advice, Katy. Good luck tomorrow with the lido. Let's hope it's relatively hassle free and does the job quickly, efficiently​ and with no SEs! x

What a lovely hubby you have, Ali, buying you such an amazinging birthday present! Happy birthday!

Shhh! Don't tell anyone, but FF's been shopping again! Smiley Tongue clothes shopping! A Wallace top no less(does it come with a free Gromit? Smiley Very Happy)

News from Bobville: OH saw Bob come in​ to the box this morning and feed Babs, while he was having breakfast (OH, not Bob, or perhaps both of them? Smiley Tongue) So at least he's still around, just not very attentive. Weather going cold again so I'm going to research baby bluetit food to see if we can help out this year, in case there aren't enough caterpillars. 😁🐦

Katy, pop anything that's very creased on a hanger and hang it in a very steamy bathroom, the steam will release most creases. And you get to have a lovely warm shower or bath first!

Ive been to Venice this weekend!!!!!!!! I'm still on a high. I cried in st Marks Square, sshh, don't tell. I was saving up to go when I was dx, as you know having BC is very expensive and it ate my savings. My hubby took me for my birthday, it was f a b u l o u s !!!!!!

Community Champion

Thank you FFSmiley Happy, so helpful will give it a try, have bought a travel iron too just in case haha!!

Happy you had a lovely day with daughter.

Have to go into town not till later as needs must haha. 

It's freezing cold here, snow forecast, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Off for lido tomorrow, it's such a long, long day but have to keep postive cause it does help. Just never, ever seems to go smoothlySmiley Frustrated!

Tried on my new dress, very flattering so am happy with that, too fancy for Afternoon Tea though hee hee.

Do you think we will be lucky this year?? am def packing shorts, just in case (prob snow??) xx

Community Champion

Katy- because a crease is caused when there is a fold in the fabric. If you roll them smoothed out there are no folds so there will be no creases.  Get the sleeves as close as you can to the seams when you tuck them in.  It takes a bit of time and keep smoothing out the fabric and then roll tightly.  Keep it smooth, keep it tight. Yeah, my non healthy option for dinner also won out.  Tomorrow I can be healthy eating....maybe... And maybe I've used the word smooth too much Smiley Happy

Nine eggs? No sign of Daddy?  Oh dear!

Been to car boot sale today with all the family, enjoyed their company and found a book I've been wanting to re-read.  Also saw a Wallis top (new with tags) so I bagged that for £2. It fits, yay! It was nice to see daughter today. She's been otherwise occupied with one of her friends who really needs her at the moment and that's fine with me. But it was lovely to see her today.

Community Champion

9, that's a lot, fingers crossed, this year, from what I remember man is out and about searching, but you see him all the time, popping in and out and hanging around nest area.

Thank you FF,  stupid head on, how do they not get creased rolling?

Have always been too scared to try it............

All quiet here, book didn't come so prob tomorrow, fell asleep this afternoon, zzzzzzzzz!

Have two options for tea tonight, one healthy, one not, the one not is winning at the moment, haha xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

9 eggs today!

IMG_20170423_123137.jpg

No sign of a male though. TV has been on for hours and no one has come to feed her. She leaves the nest for a few minutes every so often. Doesn't bode well for rearing oodles of chicks? Not going to get too hopeful this time. Smiley Sad She's been pulling feathers out of her tummy to add more lining to the nest.

Thus endeth today's reading from the SpringWatch Bench. Smiley Happy 🐦

Community Champion

This is my way, it may not be totally correct.  T-shirts - hold up, put shoulder seams together, fold sleeves in and roll tightly from neck down.  Blouses - hold up, put shoulder seams together fold sleeves in and roll from bottom up to be careful of any collar detail.  Trousers, Do them up,fold according to whether there is a crease down the legs or not and roll from waist to hem. Dresses? don't wear them, got no idea but possibly like a blouse? Pack last minute and unpack as soon as possible and hang up. Hopefully everything should be ok??  And as JCJ said, no linen.  That just creases if you look at it Smiley Happy Glad you are feeling ok.

Eight eggs, woo hoo!. Is Babs still with Bob or has she found a better partner this year?  Bert?  Or has Bob matured enought to be a better father?  I could write a soap opera about this.  I hope these eggs hatch and the brood fledge.  Keep the photos coming JCJ, this is our very own Springwatch.

Went to school last night, wasn't feeling very well so just did the toilets and left the rest.  Been back today, feeling much better, to finish off. Good job it was the weekend. Planning a very quiet day tomorrow on the reading bench.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

8 eggs! Babs has just left - hopefully not for long!

IMG_20170422_112436.jpg

Community Champion

How do you roll them????

No am not packing yet haha still have to do a sort out, can't be bothered with that yet!!

Let's hope he is a faithful birdie this year and not leave that poor mother to be in the lurch.

Am all tidied up, woo hoo no deep cleaning though haha.

Had a really lovely meal last night, no pudding, starter and main enough. Had mussels in a spicy tomato sauce, yummy yum yum.

Am hoping new book arrives today, still struggling with reading, only purchasing books I know I will def like, don't know whats happened to me cause was always one of those people whose nose was never out a book................

Lido next week, been much better this time, think it takes at least 4 attempts to get back to a reasonable state, so it def works eventually haha.

Face fine todaySmiley Happy xx

Community Champion

Oh wow JCJ, hope Babs manages to raise a brood this year.