67349members
354867posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Yucky bugs, KTC! I hope you feel better soon. At least if it's not hayfever you'll recover and not get it again!!

YD been here since yesterday lunchtime. She left at 8 tonight and I'm awaiting the 'safe home' text before I can go to bed. Should be about 11pm. 

We had a good laugh this weekend, played badminton in the garden using the pop up net I bought OH for his birthday (OH marked out the lines with flour - not sure what that'll do to the grass when it  a rains??!) and ate loads of food.

She brought the wedding photos CD - 370+ photos!! There are some lovely ones.

Can't wait the 3 1/2 weeks until we're going camping.

Sports day tomorrow morning, picnic lunch on the field and then a difficult class for the afternoon - including PE!! Then it's home to watch the proper, green tennis! May call in the farm shop on the way home to make sure we have some strawberries and cream to enjoy whilst watching! 🙂

Highlighted

Best days are "nothing" days, FF, are you much better now?

Aaaah your poor children hayfever, yuck!!

Spoke to ED and she says it's not hayfever but a BUG thats doing the rounds, symptoms are very similar.

Am not sure but it completed knocked me, spent most of yesterday sleeping, still not right but slightly betterSmiley Frustrated!

Quiet day here too, apart from this morning, broadband kept going off, did the same on Fri so thought I'd better phone about it, one hour later all fixed, woo hoo, oh so draining though haha xx

Highlighted

Hope you are feeling better Katy, I  remember hay fever well had it from mid teens on and it was truly awful but I seem to have to grown out of it now.  I've passed it on to both children so I always have tablets in the house in case they need them.

Thought I might go up to town today to perhaps get a new summery, waterproof jacket. In the end the tennis finals at Eastbourne were much more appealing so I watched them and might go to town next week.

Tomorrow another lazy day planned.  Books to read, recorded tv to watch and just do.........nothing!

Highlighted

It's never too soon to pack FF hahahaSmiley Happy!

How annoying music blaring non stop grrrrrrrrrrrr, JCJSmiley Frustrated

Have a lovely weekend with daughter, woo hoo.

Am on the "feeling ****" bench, have chronic hayfever, WHAT??? Sneezing, coughing, nose pouring, sore head and throat, what's going on?? Thought it was a cold but took a hayfever tab and it all calmed down. Have been awake for hours just taken another tab meant to be every 24 hours so will calm down soon, fingers crossed. Good job have doc appt next week haha! xx

Highlighted

XSwimming wasn't the stress-busting session I needed! 😞 Radio blaring. It's soooo loud when it reverberates around a solid building half filled with water! 😞 I nearly drowned myself trying to keep my ears under water ( swimming on my front!!) so it was less noisy. I tried to signal to the lifesaver to turn it down (or preferably, off) but I'm not sure they didn't turn it up!! Grrrrr!

I complained, politely, to the guy on the desk, as I left, and he said I should just ask them to turn it off. Then he added that it was only on because TWO ladies had requested it - thereby neatly implying that I was outvoted?l I suggested that they should go to the aquasize class (loud music and shouting instructor) prior to MY ladies only session, and pointed out that I can't swim anywhere else whereas they can listen to the radio anywhere. 

Next week, if it's on again, I shall request that it's turned off, and say the man on the desk told me to!!  At least I managed a mile before giving up and getting out. Now 42% of the way around Guernsey! 

One more day at the hell hole and then YD is coming, on Saturday, for the weekend. 🙂

Highlighted

Make sure you do say NO JCJ, stick to your guns about the new duties and timetable and have that less stressful life you are looking forward to. To which you are looking forward.  Don't end a sentence with a preposition.  See, I WAS paying attention at school!

No rain here today Katy but everything still nice and damp from yesterday's rain.  Sorry you got so wet hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Haven't taken trousers back yet, Daughter very busy wilh other things but as she has to return stuff too, I might as well wait until she's ready to go. Next week I presume.  So much easier to be a passenger for 50 miles than to drive myself (cheaper too Smiley Tongue )

Been up to town this am, visited Library, they are running out of books that I haven't read!  Have managed to download a couple of books to the new Kindl but haven't read them yet. Think they will be saved for Norcambe. Getting excited, is it too soon to pack?

Highlighted

Aaah JCJ, it'll soon be better, after school hols, hopefully things won't be sooooooooo tryingSmiley Frustrated!

Had the most yucky day................picked GD up from school with GS in tow, it was torrential rain, we were all drenched, had to strip the kids and tumble dry all their clothes. I have never been so wet apart from when I went swimming. Horrific, rotten day..................

Did you take trousers back FF? xx

Highlighted

I was initially dead jealous of your school's, KTC, but, as FF says, we can console ourselves with still having loads of holiday left when they're back in school in August! 🙂 And the weather's c**p at the moment too. (Although, that's a matter of opinion, eh FF?)

Vile afternoon trying to reach disrespectful, rude Y6s. Felt like just walking out before I burst into tears. Consoled myself with the thought that there's only 17 more days, and on 2 of those they will be at their new school and another day is a trip, so that's 14. We'll get there. And next year I won't have to do it. I can say NO!

De-stressing swim later. Boy! Do I need it?! Smiley Mad 

NHS letter awaiting when I got home. Momentary panic, then realised it was onc appointment for next year. 2nd July 2018!! Is that even a date????!! 

Highlighted

No, I refuse to feel bad, your kids may break up earlier but go back sooner, it's all relative.  Just three weeks and two days now.  As long as the weather cooperates I'll be fine.  It's raining cats and dogs here at the moment YAY.  I do actually feel bad for those holidaying here.....just a small shower every night would do me!

I'm due Nana duties next Weds night.  Will go one of two ways, either babysitting youngest GD while both parents attend a school musical evening where 12 yr old GD is a member of the steel band.  Or I'll be attending the performance while SIL babysits.  Know which I'd prefer so I'm hoping SIL will cry off and I can go and watch GD.  SIL suffers from tinnitus so he has a good reason not to go and hear loud music but he may make the effort for GD.  To be decided........

May be going to local town tomorrow to return two of the three pairs of trousers bought last week!  One to swap one to get money back.

Highlighted

Yeah for OH, JCJSmiley Happy!!

And you now have two jobs for the price of one, well, sort off hahaha.

Glad you have almost caught up FF, whew!

It's chilly up here so you would be fine, in fact my hands are freezing............

Am away to make you both feel bad, kids are off here from tomorrow............

So Nannie duties are increasingSmiley Happy, starting lunchtime.

ED has taken time off so kiddiewinks will be here and there, throughout the hols, Norcambe will be a welcome break!!

YD home safely, have finally caught up with washing, woo hoo! xx

Highlighted

Hope you put custard on them, makes them a little more palatable I've found.  So glad that OH has done

such a good job and there's always a few bits to clear up isn't there? Hope it works!  Curtains for the spare room using the pole?  I'm impressed by your solution to two problems at the same time!

Went into school tonight and found that they've all been out on a trip today, so I've been mostly able to catch up in one day (two weeks could have been an exaggeration Smiley Frustrated)  It's fortuitous and good but still doesn't solve the underlying problem.

IT'S RAINED!! Smiley Happy It's made me feel so much better, I can take on the world now!  Rain forecast for the next few days so that makes me happy.

Highlighted

Eating my words, my hat and large quantities of humble pie. OH has sealed bath and it looks like a neat job - only a few splodges to clean up when it's properly set. Time will tell if it has fixed the leak, but if not (and it took lots of attempts before - odd shaped bath!) I've got the back up shower curtain! 

If it has worked, I can finally get around to replacing the knac*ered Louvre blind in the little bedroom with curtains using the new telescopic curtain pole. The curtains will have to sit inside the window recess, because the bed is just underneath the window. Been wondering how to fix curtains without screwing into the plastic window frames. This will do the job. Just need to purchase some nice eyelet curtains. See. There's method in my apparent extravagant madness. The £4.99 shower curtain can be kept as an emergency spare - or even a decorating splash sheet!! Win, win situation! 🙂

Highlighted

Got the sealant, FF, but need to strip out the old and reseal and then wait for it to set. With going to the hospital and out for dinner, I knew I wouldn't have time tonight, but I really needed to wash my hair. Back a bit fragile so don't want to risk bending over the sink or bath, so had to get the shower functioning tonight. And now I can do the sealing job at my leisure (give it 6 months?)

OH says he's going to do it tomorrow. I hope not. He was always a messy painter/DIYer and with the PD shake ...... 😞  I'm hoping the temporary fix will prevent him rushing in and making a mess. Well, I can but hope?

Talking of mess, don't overdo it at school, FF, it's THEIR fault it's not been cleaned, not yours. Don't make yourself I'll trying to catch up. 4 more weeks and the kids will be out of there and you can get it back to pristine splendour! 🙂

Highlighted

Agree FF, JCJ is sooooooooooooooooooo emotional xx

Highlighted

Woo hoo scooby/booby dooSmiley Happy!!!

"back on the van" we are all back now!

If you can suffer ta"poxy"fen JCJ, would def continue. Surgeon said 10 years for me and Onc said 5 years was fine, Onc had final say...............

Had an appointment the other day and was asked "if my bc was now in remission?" I was shocked, first time anyone has ever said that. Anyone else?

Finally have my doc appt for nodding yes head, not until next week but that's ok.

FF, that's ridiculous what about H & S now?? They just pick and choose, a load of nonsense.............

Sounds yummy JCJ, and you should celebrate, woo hoo!! Happy days.

DIY sealant? well done hahaha xx

Highlighted

JCJ, you are just far too emotional Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

So I went back to work today.  Didn't get there early enough to catch HT, just admin lady who told me that the last time school was cleaned was last Tuesday. The staff have just been trying do their best to keep it reasonable. Reasonable it is, clean it is not!  It will take me at least two weeks to catch up.  This is why I drag myself into work when I'm dying!!  

I've just had a row, very politely, via text messages, with HT.  Just now found out it's easier to express myself in a confrontational situation in text rather than face to face.  A couple of minutes to think before replying is better. Why is there no proper cover for me when I'm off sick?  She has promised to sort it out?  I'll believe that when I see it and the the last thing I was doing today was any overtime!

Whoopee JCJ.  Great news!  You and me both "back to the van" is worth celebrating!  PAAARTY! Ta'poxy'fen wasn't even mentioned at my last appt.  Buy another curtain and pole?  Wouldn't it have been cheaper to buy sealant? But glad you have no more leaks.

Highlighted

Oh hello! Emotional content warning popped up again! WTF?

Highlighted

NEDDY NEDDY NED NED! All OK at onc appointment. 🙂 Would have been discharged but, due to REACT trial, I'll still have annual check ups with onc for next 5 years. No more hospital mammos. Back on van. "3 yearly is plenty, but you can request one sooner if you are concerned about anything.". So down from 3 hospital appointments a year to one! 🙂

To continue Tapoxyfen for as long as the SEs are manageable, but I can stop at any time. Every extra month I take it, apparently, statistically, buys me a better chance of staying NED for longer. I got the impression she really wasn't fussed whether I took it or not - but, for the moment, I think I'll go on taking it. Advised to try tonic water for the cramps.

We had yummy steak & chips & peas at the pub to celebrate, followed by apple pie & custard (me)/lemon meringue pie & ice cream (OH). Less than £25 for both of us, including drinks. Stuffed now! The pub was packed - a big party booked in - but they let us sit in the other room. 😄

Our shower (over the bath) is leaking down into the garage because the seal on the bath is feck  damaged. Can't be bothered with the faff of resealing it at the moment, so I've made a temporary solution by buying another telescopic curtain pole and shower curtain. A clothes peg clips the 2 curtains together at the end of the bath. Sorted! No more leakage. 🙂 Forgot to buy curtain rings tho', so had to nick half of the ones off the other curtain. Looks a bit naff - but who's looking? 😛 Will buy some more rings from Mr Futon now.

Spoiler

Highlighted

Fingers and toes crossed JCJ, wishing you the best for today xx

Highlighted

Weehoo! A lottery win! Paaarty!  I do the BCC raffle 3 (?4?) times a year, for the same reason. I buy the whole book of tickets myself - not won anything yet, but I figure the forum is well worth it!

Hovercrafts don't really fly, they skim the surface of the water/mud and don't worry, I won't let Katy anywhere near the controls!

Following up my medical records for life just means they'll find out if it's BC that eventually carries me off, or something else. More data for their research!! 😐

Highlighted

Didn't see your post before I'd posted mine JCJ.  Forget the ring binder of doom, it's five years out of date, for heaven's sake.  Follow you up for life?  Well that's good isn't it?

I well understand the jittery bench, I was on it myself last month. but it's good to be looked after, even if it is scary at times.  

Hope all goes well tomorrow, I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Highlighted

We won't be bored by wedding photos, especially the ones of our spectacular arrival Smiley Tongue  

Does a hovercraft count as flying?  It's off the ground isn't it?  I'm not going!  Never flying again!!

Went to the car boot sale with Daughter this afternoon.  Just Daughter, no children came along as they were left with SIL.  Bought four books, one of which I now realise I've already read.  A wasted 30p, think I can stand the loss!   Also got a jigsaw, will all the pieces be there?  Hope so, realistically maybe not, but it will pass several hours finding out.

Watched the tennis final, wonderful match, shame there had to be a loser but for me the right result,  

Last year I decided to join the BCC lottery.   £1 a week, a way of supporting them, thanking them for for all they do and especially for running this forum which has been invaluable to me. Then there was always the possibility of winning £1000.  Saturday I got a letter, with a cheque attatched,  I've won £5 in this months draw. Yay! 

Back to school tomorrow, feeling much better with the lower temperatures but I still wish it would rain down here,

Highlighted

Suddenly back on the jittery bench tonight. 😞

5th annual onc check up tomorrow. Would have been my last, but for the REACT trial. I've just got out the little ring binder of doom that I got from the BCN when first dx. I've read through all the info they gave me at the start of the trial so I'm ready to ask the appropriate questions tomorrow. I hadn't misremembered the 10 years bit, but it says I will be "followed up for up to 10 years" (and my medical notes, for life!!) so I'll just have to see what onc says tomorrow (different one from the one that put me on the trial anyway!)

Interestingly, in the booklet explaining "what happens next" after chemo/RT it says all WLE patients will have annual mammos for 10 years! I must make sure I ask about that and, if necessary, make the appointment for it for next March. I usually do that after my surgeon appointment in January, but I've been discharged from his clinic! I've very mixed feelings about these onc appointments. On the one hand I'll be glad not to have the annual reminder/visit to jittery bench, but on the other, it's good to have the reassurance. I'd certainly be happier if I was still having the annual mammo tho.

Going for steak night at our favourite pub after the appointment! 🙂

Highlighted

Have a whole album full of wedding photos, on my phone, to bore you with at Norecambe, Katy 😛

Norecambe popped up in our lesson about the RNLI, in school, on Friday. It's where an RNLI hovercraft is based because of the massive tides and mud flats! Going to blag a ride in it for MMU5 😄

Highlighted

Aaaah lovely, you will need to bring it to Norcambe JCJSmiley Happy!

Will you be back at work FF, it's really chilly here, brrrrrrrr days again.

Been on the "so sleepy" bench, yawning as I write this haha.

Hopefully will be back to normal?? tomorrow.

Are there any cakes left? xx

Highlighted

Just back from School Summer Fayre. That's 4 1/2 hours voluntary overtime! At least I had a free tea and a huge hot dog costing only £1. Also purchased some cakes made by one of the parents - (she always has a stall of yummy things at our events! 🙂 )

I was on the teddy tombola. Lots of cute teddies, but I resisted the temptation to buy any tickets. May have been harder to resist if I could have bought the cutest ones outright! 

Now on the knack**ed bench with a cuppa and some of the purchased choc chip shortbread.

Hope it's still cool enough for you, FF, and that you're not suffering SEs from the lido, KTC.

Thank you card from my girls today. It has lovely photos on, taken at the wedding by the professional photographer. 🙂

Highlighted

Hope you are feeling better today Katy and hope that the lido does it's job.  So glad everything went to plan this time, about time you got a break Smiley Happy.

Temperature has dropped again today and I'm feeling so much better.  Thought about putting a cardigan on at one point  but resisted.  

Sitting firmly on the tennis bench, think I will be there for the foreseeable future, a very good match tonight, some exceptional tennis played and, for me, the right winner!

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Highlighted

Thank you for the new "patience" bench, will be sitting here for a while, seem to have lost it, so will just sit and contemplate for the time being..............

So glad your back is betterSmiley Happy, you will have to be more aware from now on, bending, turning etc, it's difficult to train yourself not to do things the old way as you just automatically do it! It's when things become ouchy that you say never again.

Good you now have 2 new unexpected pairs of trousers FF, woo hoo!!

Nice to get out and about for a while, doesn't mean you can do your job at the moment, so no guilt!!

Had lido yesterday and believe it or not everything went to plan, first time EVER woo hooSmiley Happy, transport arrived reasonably early, canula fitted first attempt, transport waiting to take me home.

Went up to a higher rate 125ml instead of 100, not sure about it as head was a little thumpy and did have nausea despite anti sickness tab, may just start at 100 then go up to 125 halfway through. Drops time there from 5 hours to 4, will see.

Am going out later, much later, need milk etc, but sooooo CBA'd..................xx

Highlighted

Oh, it's so much cooler here today, that's better.  How can 20 degrees feel cold?  But somehow it did this morning.Smiley Happy Went out with daughter today to get GD's shoes checked for size. Naughty I know when off sick but so fed up with my four walls. 

GD's feet still the same size so shoes ok. Nipped into supermarket next door. I was looking for a smart pair of black  trousers.  Found them but then two other pairs of casual trousers fell into the trolley as well! No time to try them on as needed to collect other GD from school.   Daughter had an armful of clothes too, so we just bought them, to try on at home and will return as necessary next week.

My three pairs? The two casual pairs are great  but I will spend tomorrow taking them up as they are too long. Not a problem, most of my trousers need taking up. They are the ones I wasn't looking for. You may see them at Norecambe.  The black ones that I WAS looking for just don't fit at all.  Far too tight although they are the same size as the ones I'm keeping.

Will be exchanging them next week as Daughter takes back half of what she bought!!!!

Highlighted

Sorry, KTC, forgot to reply to your previous enquiry about me. Thanks for asking,  Yes my back is fully recovered. For now. Until the next time I twinge it?! Being very careful not to bend down but sit down when helping kids with their work, as the height of the tables is awful, (and my dodgy knees/heavy body won't let me stoop or kneel like the young teachers do!!)

Erecting a patience bench now. I could do with it myself, on an almost daily basis! It has soft cushions, the back has Buddha carved into it and the arm rests end in hands in the correct position to go with the very quiet sound track of "Ohmmmmm" that plays whenever anyone sits down. There is a cool, gentle breeze setting and soft sprinkler attached, if required - or heated cushions for the winter/cold flushes. The numbers 1 to 10 are displayed on a drop down screen.

I hope your mum gets to grips with her new technology before you throw it - or her?! - out of the window!! :p. Just get GD to move in with her for a few days: a live in TV tutor?? 😄

Highlighted

If there is, I can't find itSmiley Frustrated xx

Highlighted

Come up here FF, pouring with rain, thunder and lightening, it's all going on!

Best thing you can do, pointless going in and really doing yourself damage, well done FFSmiley Happy!

Fingers crossed you pick up soon, just relax, feet up and no worrying or feeling guilty allowed.

JCJ, are you on the mend now?

Got tv sorted easily woo hoo, just trying to be calm, it's not working at all...................

Can feel anger rising and it's bad behaviour from me, had written some instructions down for Mum and it all went pear shaped again this morning..............so have written an easy peasy guide, fingers crossed this will work, mmmmmmmmmmm will wait and see??? Patience where are you??? 

There must be a bench somewhere................xx

Highlighted

Well done JCJ!  Putting N and O into a word. Sometimes there are reasons to use Y, E and S.  But N and O are good ones to use when you need them.

Thank you for your words about work,  I hate being off work,Ijust don't DO being off work.  But, yes they will manage. They really are not worried about ME just that the school is cleaned and my stand in can do that!  So I've just texted my HT that I won't be in for the rest of the week.  Weather forecast says cooler tomorrow, possibility of rain, oh please rain!

Highlighted

Bit cooler here yesterday, but it's sooo hot today. There were weather warnings, on my met office app on my phone, for this afternoon, for thunderstorms with flooding and hail - but nothing ..... yet.

I hope you are not suffering too much, FF. Don't worry about work. They'll manage. You stay cool, and if you can't stay cool, stay still. (New Benchland motto? :p)

The tennis was, indeed, a bit of a surprise yesterday! I had it recorded and watched after the Sainsbuggy's shop and dinner in the cafe there. On the drive home, I had to hit the off button on the car radio really quickly because they said "At Queens today, shock news. Andy Murray....." so, unfortunately (or fortunately?) I had an inkling of what would happen. Didn't expect straight sets though!!  I bet he feels a tad foolish, having offered to donate all his Queens winnings to the Grenfell Tower Fund!!

I managed to string the N and O letters together on Monday, and said I couldn't do after school club on Tuesday because "There's something I have to do" (only the shopping but......!) However, I have agreed to do it again tomorrow. The usual lady is (most unusually for her) ill and we're a team. Other people have taken a turn at standing in. And Thursday's better than Friday for staying late at work?! 

Highlighted

Firmy stuck on the tennis bench.  Queen's? Yes been watching it today think perhaps I put the mockers on the top three seeds?  Anyone's competition now.  

27 degrees in my living room at the  moment, this is according to the CH on/off regulator, curtains drawn and fan on, wonder what the temp. might be in the conservatory? 

Hope you got off the FF bench and sorted your Mother out Katy, disconnect, wait a while, plug back in, wait a while, usually works for me.

Have told school I will be still be off tomorrow but looking at forecast maybe back Thursday.  Who knows?

Highlighted

Oh my...................

Sitting on the "FF" bench, sooooooooooooooo mad, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Did everything yesterday, shopping blah,blah, ED was going to do something for me today so I wouldn't have to leave house so all going well..............

Finally persuaded Mum to get that tv in the clouds, man coming this morning, all set up, hurrah, phoned and Mum has managed to knock off all the channels less than ONE hour after setup????

WHAT??? 

She can't get it back so will have to go along and fix it....................if I can get off this bench xx

Highlighted

Aaaah FF, so sorry you are feeling yucky, not good at all, fingers crossed you pick up soon. Do you need stronger meds when weather changes?

JCJ, are you better?

New glasses woo hoo, I can see tv without squinting, have thrown that wonky pair in the bin but am keeping old pair of reading glasses cause my GS loves to pull them off my face so will wear new ones when he is not around haha!!

Have him 2 days in a row because lido on Thurs, do think it's an ordeal (had to edit am meaning lido not GS) but also very much worth it so if it's only one day I can get over itSmiley Happy!

YD off on another holiday, I get more excited about it than she does haha, she is sooooooo tanned already xx

Highlighted

If it rains where you are I'll drive there!  I had to ring in sick this morning, no way could I have the cleaned the school tonight. Have told them I'll also be off tomorrow but hopefully back on Weds. Weather forecast says  a lower temperature and an increase in humidity so hopefully I'll be ok then.

Grandaughter (12 year old) has lent me her hand held fan with water spray function to try and yes, it so helps!  I've now ordered one from a well known site . Next day delivery so she can have hers back pdq. 

Hope your back is better today.

Highlighted

Hugs, FF. Virtual ones that won't make you hotter!  Stay in. Keep cool. Shop online if necessary. Queen's Tennis starts tomorrow! 🙂

I'd do my rain dance but that won't be any good to you, if it rains here!! 😛

Highlighted

Heat is making things extremely yukky JCJ.  I've got the curtains drawn, himidifier going full blast and a fan on. I'm fine while doing nothing, sitting down, reading a book or watching tv. Going outside is a different story.  Went to supermarket yesterday, that was an ordeal I don't want to repeat but as family ate me out of house and home today, I will have to. I'll make do and then go just before they close when it's cooler

Right now I'm wondering about school tomorrow. I hate being off work. I just don't do off sick (to the point that my HT has taken one look at me and said "go home").  But right now I'm not sure if I can do it tomorrow.  I need to phone in by lunchtime so I'll see how things are in the morning. 

Glad your back is better, take care.

Highlighted

Back MUCH better today. A bit stiff & twingy first thing and a few spasms this morning but I've not taken any anti-inflammatories today! 🙂

It's been VERY hot here. OH is like a bear with a sore head. His hayfever & PD meds make him so much less tolerant of heat - and he never was that good with it!!

I managed, at long last, to drag myself to the local garage that sells flowers and plants, and get stuff to do the tubs. Only 2 weeks late! It's usually a half-term job, but what with the wedding, and the fact that the winter pansies were still flowering beautifully, then all that rain and my back....... a catalogue of excuses! :P. I followed the shade around the house and replanted all the pots - being VERY careful with my back - sat on a garden chair so I didn't have to bend too much!!

I expect you to wear both glasses tomorrow, KTC, lime green and electric blue simultaneously! Amazing. And you'll be able to read and see long distance at the same time? 😛 And here's me with boring old frameless varifocals! 😄

Hope the heat's not making you feel too yucky, FF. xx

Highlighted

Mrs Jayceejay Benchland is not such an ususual name these days surely?  Hope the back improves steadily over the next few days.  When my back was particularly awful (before the op.) I used to set the alarm clock for half an hour before I needed to get up and take painkillers then.  An idea for you JCJ?

Family came over today, nice and noisy.  Half the contents of my larder consumed. Need a trip to supermarket tomorrow.  Thought I'd got enough food in for the next few days, well not any longer, no bread left, no ham, no salad and very little cheese but I did manage to hide away my favourite crisps although the other crisps disappeared at a rate of knots.

Son and family then went to the local boot sale, they invited me to go with them but I declined.  27 degrees full on sun, no shade, no way!  Apparently they didn't stay there long but they got some good bargains as there weren't many people there.

Highlighted

Hahahaha JCJ, you could have done it if you really wanted to hahahahaSmiley LOL!!!

Don't blame you cause it would have went "can you spell that please??" Mrs JCJ?? hee hee

Fingers crossed, backs are awful for pain, are you taking any painkillers?

Have a busy week ahead, new glasses tomorrow though, woo hoo, am really looking forward because distance glasses are just holding together and no more.............so have been watching tv all squinty...........

Lovely weather here but have not ventured out saving myself for tomorrow, haha. xx

Highlighted

Spent most of the day on the reading bench, (Thanks to kindle 99p bargain!) interspersed with little wanders to the washing line and kitchen and a small amount of gentle pruning in the garden, so my back didn't sieze up. It's improving slowly, but was awful when I first got up this morning.

I have booked The Madlands for the Wednesday @3:15pm. I chickened out at the last second and gave my real name - just as well because he went on to ask for my first name and title! Don't think I could have brazened out Mrs JCJ Benchland?! 😛  Dietry requirements: 1 no butter or spread - not that there's any point - we'll have to tell them again, as per usual,  when we arrive! I booked for 4, just in case, but said it would probably be 3 of us.

Highlighted

Hospital lists! I often think the NHS would be less stretched if it didn't automatically generate routine follow up appointments for everyone for every condition known to medical science! I declined my follow up after the trigger thumb op (not the stitches removal, but the 6 weeks later one) and, fortunately wasn't even offered a follow up after gallstone op! However, the BC check ups have been reassuring!

My back is gradually improving. Still very stiff in the morning and if I sit too long, I struggle to get upright again or walk. But once I'm moving about I'm fine and I can now sit comfortably, so that's an improvement! I went swimming last night, as I knew it would help, but I took it really steady and only did 50 lengths. All those weeks where I did extra lengths are now paying off as I don't feel I've lost out by swimming less this week.

After school club (although I cursed saying I'd do it) was actually really nice tonight. 4 lovely kids, happily playing outside, or on the Wii, and all I had to do was make them drinks and toast and play the odd came of "catch the beanbag in the scoops" and share a book about sharks. I spent a lot of time playing solitaire on my laptop because the kids didn't need me! And I can claim £14 an hour for it! Nice! Payback for all those sh** times when I'm not paid anything like enough for what I have to put up with!!? 

I called for my Friday night chippies on my drive home, so I'm on the naughty bench for not walking to get them!

I plan to book The Madlands at some point this weekend. I keep looking at the smear test letter and thinking I should book that too, but perhaps it will be better to  leave it to the school holidays so I don't have to worry about fitting it in around work. Pretty sure they don't do weekend appointments for that! 😞 Or am I just making excuses to put it off?? 

Highlighted

Oh, I'm on a list alright!  A just how much time can we waste list!  Really the appt, could have been given to someone who had a legitimate problem.

Bargains, yes I love our weekly market, lots of things that just can't be got anywhere else...... at a reasonable price.Smiley Happy  So glad that you have found the perfect bag. 

Hope your back is better JCJ.

Weekend, two days off school....YAY.

Highlighted

Would def try and move as much as you can JCJ, it's hard but worth it even when you don't want to do it, fingers crossed you are better today.

Bargains then? FF, I love a bargain hahaSmiley Happy

I have a yearly clinic (with a nurse) I go to too, it's just like a mini check up, and as you say if you have a problem you would go to docs. Think with certain things they have these check up clinics, you'll be on a list!

I "bagged" a real bargain today, remember my fav handbag was sadly getting too tatty, I bought a new one which am pleased with, but today was wandering around CS, bought a jigsaw and as I was making my way to the door saw THE bag, it was just perfect, had to get it, am soooooooo pleasedSmiley Happy!! xx

Highlighted

Well that review was a total waste of time, both mine and the nurse's!  The letter I received said to take all my meds. with me and that I would be having spirometry tests.  I got all the meds. ready in a bag and then left it at home.  Thought it wouldn't matter too much as she could look on the computer.  No it didn't matter.... she never mentioned them!  She asked how I was? I said I was fine.  And that was IT. No tests, nothing. Just booked in for next April for the tests as they only do them yearly and mine were done last February??? HUH?? What was the point?  

Don't they ever think that if there was a problem I'd be making appts. and if I'm not, I'm ok?

While I was in town I collected the latest prescription from the chemist.  Then went to have a look at the market, one stall sells out of date puzzle books cheaply so I got a couple of those.  Then had a look at the bread stall and just had to buy a walnut and date loaf, that was lunch, just delicious!  The s/h book stall cost me £5 (three books). Then there was bin liners, washing up scrubby sponges and visit to the fruit stall.  All cheaper than the local supermarkets.  

School a mess, overtime done, not bothered will get the time back another day.  Weather gorgeous, warm and sunny although if forecast correct it might get a bit too hot over the weekend!

Highlighted

I had my final smear test last year, so glad I don't have to have any more.  But it was ok, in fact, I was surprised to hear the nurse tell me that they get more uncomfortable with age.  I know all about bad backs and yes, just keep moving. The "no" word?  I sorted that years ago, just take the letters "o" and "n" and rearrange them and then SAY them.  It's got me out of a lot of things I didn't want to do.

Great news for your ED Katy, I wish her well for her studies.

Not a lot happening down here, school was great tonight, they'd been on a trip, only got back to school about 2pm so hadn't had time to make much mess!  I've got a review with the repiratory nurse tomorrow, I'm absolutely fine, the meds are doing their job. They need the results of the tests to keep an eye on me, I know but they can keep their figures to themselves, I'm better than I was in winter  That'll do me!