62235members
327628posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Hey Girlies,

Just popped in to say hi and hope you're all doig well.

Grumpy - well done to your Niece in law for her sponsered walk and raised donations.

JCJ - ooomph about your favourite top and bleach splatters. Being a bit of a gal from  "Blue Peter" days, could you not find some interesting appliques to cover them over with? Some glittery ones to please Katy and that'll even glam it up from what it was??!!

Lotsa love to you all

Dellwelly xxx

My honorary nephew's wife did the Shine Night Walk in London on Saturday night. She raised nearly £500 for cancer research!!!!! I'll try to put the photos up tomorrow......

I am deeply touched and SOOOOO proud of her.

Grumpy

Community Champion

Aaaah that is disappointing JCJ, how and when do you catch up now???

I tried pen on trousers that I splashed bleach on didn't work, trousers were black.

Quiet this weekend, spent most of it sleeping??? Sooooo joining you on that bench.............

Off out to lunch today, we are going to the italian place that was a fab bargain, prices have gone up but it's still worth every penny, haha.

Lovely and sunny but oh so chilly here at the moment!

Glad you only purchased the things you needed FF and had a great day.

ED is off this week, surprise birthday present for OH, so baby is staying over for 2 nights, not in a row though which is good, other Grandparents and I are sharing responsibiltySmiley Happy!! xx

Thank you for scones, jam and lashings and lashings of cream xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

There really is emotional content in this one!

Soooo tired. Soooo fed up of feeling tired. Work just got even more tough. Timetable changes, so now I don't get my hour out of class on a Friday any more. I so look forward to that. It's what enables me to get up on a Friday. Used to have a whole morning, then it got reduced to half a morning, then an hour, now zilch, zero, nada. Smiley Sad Smiley Mad

I pointed out that the library and website will not get done. Not doing them in my own time. I didn't mention that the extra teaching will involve more marking, most of which I already do in my own time. It didn't help that I was told this on Friday, when I was already exhausted!! It took all my strength not to cry! :'(

This morning a large chunk of filling fell out of my back molar, so now I have to find time to visit the dentist too. (Why couldn't it have happened 3 weeks ago, when I could have gone anytime of day to get it fixed?!)

Then, 20 minutes later, whilst doing the usual Sunday morning ironing, I discovered that my lovely, turquoise, embroidered top has 3 bleach splatters on the front. Grrrr! Thank goodness it was a supermarket purchase and not too expensive. Wondering if I can find a pen the same colour to disguise the WHITE a bit (same trick as kitchen laminate floor - I still can't find where I 'fixed' that! Smiley Happy )

We have a humongous glut of damson/plums so we've had a sign up offering them free to any passerby who wants some. Someone came off a canal boat to get 6lb of them to make wine. I made 10 jars of jam yesterday, which I will take to school to sell. Proceeds to BCC. 

I saw a sign in our local chippy advertising a table top sale at one of my neighbours' houses, also in aid of BCC & Macmillan, so I'll see if they want some to sell too. I've put a load in the shed along will virtual scones and clotted cream (CBA to actually *make* any scones)!

Community Champion

Sorry Katy, just not that into the Famous Five.  The sarnies and a portion of chips from the van outside the venue with a cup of tea are just fine.  Have had a lovely day out with daughter, got the things that I needed but couldn't find a new cross stitch picture to do. Considered a few but nothing really grabbed me. Even my favourite stall had nothing that I couldn't live without.   So I've just got my 8" embroidery hoop, needle threaders and a magnetic board with ruler for patterns and several ribbons and I've not spent a lot so I'm happy.

As I'm halfway though a cross stitch picture and have another three in the series to do perhaps it's not a bad thing that nothing appealed today

Called in at Son's on our way home, tea and biscuits were needed.  Daughter was in no hurry to get home and resume duties, it was her day off! 

I'm not doing anything tomorrow, it's a me day, read a book, do a jigsaw, do cross stitch, watch Strictly (recorded).  I'll do what I want.

Community Champion

What??? No potted meat, sardines or scones with lashings and lashings of cream and jam? Ginger beer??

What's wrong with you FF??

HahahahaSmiley Happy!!

Am on the "sooooooooo tired" bench, have done all housework, washing etc up to date, food in cause don't have a takeaway any longer?? So fingers crossed, I can have a rest, woo hoo!!

Have usual 2 things to iron but am being a rebel and not doing them xx

Community Champion

Packed lunch ready to go, in fridge overnight,  cheese and onion sarnies, crisps and peanut cookies.  Just need to buy a cup of tea and thats lunch sorted!  Dinner when I get back home?  Pizza, 12 mins in the oven, also sorted.

Sunday dinner?  Chicken and three veg, really healthy to make up for tomorrows sins.

Community Champion

Just been informed that my DIL is not coming with us tomorrow.  Other events have taken priority.  No worries, quite understand, just me and daughter then.  Bought items for packed lunch today, must now make it and pack it into .......remember the boring black bag that I made not so boring?  Yes, it's having an outing tomorrow and after carrying lunch around, it will carry my purchases home.

Well done Katy, half and half is really good.  That's how I started but it's all in the mind, trust it, it will work! So glad you're not being shot at so often.

70 lengths, good grief JCJ. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!  So we've about another four weeks before the big party for your arrival "en France"?  I'm still practising but it's not going well, lots of mistakes  but I'm sure they won't be noticed above the fireworks and cannon fire that will herald your arrival.

Community Champion

Still leaving the building but am not being shot so often now hahaha!!!

Half and half, am really pleasedSmiley Happy!

Very well done FF, brilliant jobSmiley Happy!

70 lengths again??? How do you do it?

Don't think I could even manage 7 breadths..............

Am on the "where do I order from now" bench hahaha!

Have a lovely time with your girls FF xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

PS RIP takeaway. Smiley Sad I hope no-one was hurt. We're they insured? Will they rebuild? NOOOOO! Where will you get that fish supper now? 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Another 70 lengths! 1750m, 1 and a bit miles. Only just under 4 1/2 miles to go!!

OK, I'll get off the bragging bench and go and collapse in the kn***ered corner. Haven't even got the strength to put the kettle on!!

Congratulations on completing giving up, even the morning one FF, so proud of you. Sorry - that's sounds so patronising. Try again: Weeehoooo! Well done! Enjoy spending the saved cash. I hope you feel better for it too. Smiley Happy

How's it going with you, KTC? Still getting much less exercise not having to keep leaving your building? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Oh no, your favourite takeaway Katy.  Hope they weren't doing your dinner at the time.  How are you getting on with *it*?  Hope you're persevering.  I've finally given up the morning one (four weeks now) and I'm saving a small fortune, compared to six months ago!  

Been out today with daughter and youngest GD, waited in the car while they attended a speech therapy group, and then went to supermarket and bought essential food for the week and some extra goodies.  Only cost £22. As GD needs to attend this group for eight weeks I think my shopping bills might be less than usual.  

Going to Craft Fair on Saturday, taking Daughter and DIL with me, a day out with my girls.  So looking forward to it but I must be careful about how much I spend,  It's so easy to spend a small fortune on things that you think you'll use but actually won't.  Got some of those from previous years!  Oops!

Community Champion

JCJ, have solved the mystery, ta dahSmiley Happy!!!

It is either:

"the donkey on ice outfit?" or "You know I hate shopping! Smiley Tongue"

Both are extremely emotional.

Hope you had a better sleep last night.

Was about to have tea and realised I didn't put the oven on soooooooooooo much longer waitSmiley Frustrated!

Just learned my favourite takeaway has burned down to the ground, oh no!! xx 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Must be the sobbing or the manic stabbing at the keyboard?? Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

So it's not **** that flags me up as emotional then?! Smiley Tongue

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Absolutely **** night last night. ( Just testing emotional content theory Smiley Happy

Still trying to catch up on recorded Paralympics, dozing in front of tele, but I forced myself to turn it off and go to bed at 11, to ensure my 8 hours. Wide awake. Still awake at 3:30am. Woke again at 5:30, for no apparent reason - grrrr - then fast asleep for alarm to rudely jar me awake at 7 - and again 9 minutes snooze later!!

School is really stressful at the moment, although today wasn't as bad as expected, so hopefully I shall sleep better tonight - wishful thinking??!

Community Champion

Are we still emotional, JCJ???

Was emotional yesterday, GS decided to be TROUBLE............first time ever, is it the terrible twos early??

Will see what happens tomorrow!

Off into town later, was going to have hair chopped but have decided I can't face THAT mirror, because at the moment I have turned into "spotty dotty"Smiley Frustrated! It was thought the tabs I've been taking for a hundred years were making my skin itchy so was advised to stop, ok for first month then skin lumpy, mmmmmmmm have gone back on tabs and spotty dots are dying down already, woo hoo!!

Am buying new kaftans for my hol, yes already...............throwing old lot in the bin!

Went to our usual place for muggachoc, machine still not working, didn't even have tea, WHAT???

So we went off to new place instead, muggachoc so rich we only managed one, goodbye old place, hello new xx

Community Champion

Just stop with all the emotion!  I can't take it.  Do we laugh?  Do we cry?  I'm actually roflmao!!

Seeing as you have booked both times Katy, I will wait until you have returned home to know where you have been.  

I've only been a bridesmaid once before, 40 something years ago (and it's still the only photograph of myself that I like) ooh..... you're making me remember happy times. Thank you for that.

School?  Why do the kids want to draw on the tables with felt tip pens?  There is paper available!  It takes a lot of time and elbow grease to get off.

Community Champion

Ha ha ha hee hee x
Community Champion

Especially you xx
Community Champion

No JCJ, everyone is emotional because you do not have a frock/dress for the big event Hahahaha! xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh for goodness sake! WTF is that "Warning: Emotional content" about??

Is it the 4 asterisks? Did they trigger it? Who knows? 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

No, I don't have my dress yet! It's 8 months away!! I may use the "Personal Shopper" Voucher YD bought me for my birthday and get her to help me choose something when we go to Norwich in October. Mind you, I doubt either of the brides will be getting their outfits before at least April! And the invite clearly stated "onesies and white tie equally acceptable". I could just reuse the donkey on ice outfit? You know I hate shopping! Smiley Tongue

Must drag my lazy **** into the shower and get my hair washed.

Spoiler

Community Champion

Yep this time I def know where I'm going haha!!!

I booked it, but then again I also booked it last time???

Unfortunately dates do clash with THE WEDDING, so will fly in using Revcat's broomstick, I can do it........

was thinking if the dresses are still emerald green and we are wearing the orange footwear, think I will look spectacular with a lobster red face ( my suntan) and the special attireSmiley Happy!

We will be gorgeous FF, does M of the B have her dress yet? xx

Community Champion

Do you know where you're going Katy?  Or will it be a total surprise when you get there?  Definitely something to look forward to and if it clashes with THE WEDDING Benchland will make it possible for all the bridesmaids to attend. 

I like sleep and usually manage it with no trouble but there are the the odd nights when it just doesn't happen and it's b****y annoying.  Since starting to take magnesium tablets, leaping out of bed at odd hours with cramp seems to have ceased, thank goodness.

Had a lovely weekend, very quiet, completely pleased myself as to what I did and have recharged batteries and I'm ready for the next week.

Bring it on.........

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

28th May. The Sunday of the Bank Holiday weekend (in England, anyway, don't know about Scotland!)

I'm on the kn***ered bench. Been taming the vegetation in the garden. May have to stop, even though the bush is only half shorn, because the garden waste wheely bin is full! Will just have to sit here with a mugatea instead. Shame???Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Better sleep last night whewSmiley Happy! Am lucky that it only happens once in a blue moon, great sympathy for those who cannot sleep.

Am on the "woo hoo scooby/booby doo" bench, hol booked for next year, sooooooooo excited already!!!

Think it clashes with "THE WEDDING" though..................if so will jump on the broomstick, can't have a bridesmaid not turning up, can we???? Can we check dates please JCJ?

Lovely that you will have some time soon with the girls, outfit picking, cake, suckling pig all testers ofcourse xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh, how well I know those nights, Katy! Dozing off in the chair. Really really tired. Into bed and WIDE AWAKE!! Grrrr!

Traveldodge and train booked for half term trip to Norwich to see the girls. Smiley Happy Slightly annoyed that I booked hotel first - before I realised that one of the trains will be replaced by a bus, on the Sunday, making a 3 hour journey into a 4 hour one! YD only wants to take 1 day off, so it makes sense to travel Sunday (OH won't travel Sat!!) and Tuesday (we just travel home while she's at work). Ah well. Considered driving, but as I deliberately chose a hotel close to the station, with no car parking, instead of one near to their house, decided that would be too much of a pain. Not to mention the fact that it's a pretty tedious 3 hour drive!!

Community Champion

well, last night I decided I didn't need any sleep, what????

Still wide awake at 3.30 this morning aaaargh.

Then had a frantic call from YD saying she had slept in and flight was in an hour, another what???

Mad rush into taxi and off to airport, they made it whew................

Can't deal with the stress of it all haha!!

Then ED phones and says check out the hols Mum on this website..............

Not recovered from YD's anxiety, sooooooooo am away to nip over to the "it's nearly one and feel as though I've been through the mill" bench, quick sit down then onto "may have a nap, if I can unscramble my brain" bench xx

Oh and I burnt my toast, boo hoo xx

Community Champion

So the forecasted storms and flash floods have not happened here.  Nothing.......just two lovely sunny days but I'm aware that other places have not been so lucky.  Near where I used to live has had floods, I've seen pictures and it's not pretty.

Glad you had a good holiday Ali, glad you waved to Hump and Dink, they are just working in the circus to earn enough money to finance their next excursion into Benchland.  They don't get paid for the havoc they cause in here.......they just enjoy it in their time off!  But I think they were in Norecambe this year, remember I told you about my noisy neighbours girls?  Perhaps it was Hump and Dink?

I've already got the knee high socks but I'll be ordering the shoe lights asap.

And........TGIF.

Community Champion

A double buggy then, grumpy???

You get those crate things now on wheels saw a child in one recently, they are low on the ground but are horrifically expensive.

Ali glad you had a lovely holiday, nice to eat, drink and be merry, guilt free, well, till later anyway haha!!

Was it really H & D??? they have been sooooo quiet recently.

JCJ, that catalogue is "pinching" our ideas...............

If lycra and tiaras are in the next one...........

Went to a pet store yesterday with GS, he was superly excited as there were rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and dekus all running around, his little face was a picture, loved every moment. (me too just watching him), lovely, lovely. xx

Returned home 2 hours later after also watching the window cleaner and checking every wheel in the vicinity xx

Hellooooo!!!!

Back from hols, it was lovely, ate too much, got slightly tipsy tasting champagne on a cellar tour and got the giggles.....embarrassed my 22 year old son which made me giggle even more...had a surreal moment one day driving into a large French town to see three camels nonchalantly eating grass by the side of the autoroute. Waved in case Hump and Dink were in disguise and working in the circus tent pegged up on the edge of town. Back to a mountain of washing, daren't get on the scales....... X

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

O....M..G! Just browsing a catalogue that comes through the door, trying not to look at the C-word STUFF (It's not even October yet!!) - and these 2 sale items were on the same page!! Starting to wonder if its name should be changed from "Bett******" to "Benchland"! 

20160915_162220.jpg 20160915_162208.jpg

Hahahaha!

We can definitely work 2 dogs in a pram, one of which is "singing" along to a Highland pipe band, into our next grand production. And I insist that they are part of my reception committee in "Calais". Smiley Very Happy

We are going to try Meg in a Pram ........ she can't (won't???) walk far now, bless her. Joey no doubt will want a ride too cos he doesn't like missing out......

Silly old woman with dogs in a Pram may be my new look.

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hot and sticky here too! Smiley Sad Manic day, for once made stressful by the adults in it, not the children!!

Going to "chill" (fat chance?!) in front of the (recorded so I can skip the waffling and the ads) Paralympics. 

Is it nearly Friday?

Community Champion

I dream of Rita's grumpy, hope your pain eases. 

Did far too much yesterday....................feeling rough and ouchy, silly me!

It's House of Puzzles jigsaws and Bizarre was a Ravensburger book one which had me completely bamboozled, they do say patience is a virtue............didn't have it for that jigsaw haha!!

Feel as though YD has been away for months, think it's cause her hols were one after another, back at the weekend with a ton of washing etc, but have missed her.

Have been checking hols for next year already............xx

We have had incredibly hot, no air whatsoever and sooooooooo clammy weather here, yuck x

I am training myself to say NO in a very firm voice. It's rather liberating!!! The world will not stop turning if I don't do everything.

Went to Norcambe for a muggatea at Ritas and walk on the prom - lovely in the sunshine.

Joey has had 5 teeth out and Meg had 3 out, expensive, but that's dog ownership.....

Bought a new toy, lightweight, cable free vacuum cleaner, sounds likes Bill Bryson, so now my carpets won't be all fluffy - fingers crossed! 

Seen rheumatologist about achey joints. Probably osteoarthritis - pooh, knickers and other rude words. Got to see physio, occupational therapist, and have MRI scan on knees and ankles. Tried various painkillers but can't tolerate side effects. I suppose I could try Meg's loxicom..... but I might begin to bark!!

Book club tomorrow and I haven't finished the book cos it is BORING

grumpy..

Community Champion

Well girls, you told me post about the weather if nothing else was happening.  So here I go. Thunder and lightning at 9am, torrential rain and it was the same, on and off until about 3pm. So six hours of storms, good job I'm not frightened of them. However the lightning and the crack of thunder together did make me flinch and say naughty words!!  My DIL is probably a basket case, she's scared stiff of thunderstorms and would have had to do both school runs at their worst.

I have been sorting through the paperwork for shredding and came across a letter dated February 2012.  As I was diagnosed with bc in February 2012, I can only assume that my mind was elsewhere and I filed this letter without reading it properly.  It says that my state pension is not payable until November 2019, so suddenly I realise that I have longer to work than I thought I had. The government has moved the goalposts yet again.  Eighteen months longer than I thought. But if school stays as clean as it's been for the last few days it won't be a problem.

Not sure that I get your jigsaw refences Katy, H of P?  Bizarre?  Hope your hosp. appt. went well and you are pain free.

Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ, Mr Futon did his jobSmiley Happy!!

Am well pleased with your easy step by step guide. Sooooooo many, many thanks xx

Went for our usual muggachoc, horror, machine not working so ended up with a muggatea instead...........consoled myself by munching a bar of choc.............

Have an appt at hos tomorrow, pain related, in my town, thank goodness, no venturing to another city, woo hoo!!

Love H of P jigsaws, did try a Bizarre one but thought it was really hard, FF xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Tent and bike both successfully sold, both for more than I thought, and both collected yesterday. Camera and recorder posted today and most of the stuff I gave away on freecycle has either been collected or will be soon. So a very successful weekend! Raised £34 for MacMillan too, so I'm well chuffed!

Today has been manic. Teacher away, (I have never known her to take a day off, so she must be ill!) I had to run around getting resources and do photocopying for supply teacher. Then my timetable has been changed for afternoon cover - already! - so the day didn't pan out as I expected at all. It's a good job I've learned to be adaptable!!

Scoffing gooey chocolate pudding and chocolate sauce with my mugatea to give me the strength to cook dinner in a bit. Smiley Happy Help yourselves, there's some in the shed!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

KTC: If you have an email address, please PM it to me. I have made you a lovely instruction manual for google photos. I tried to PM it to you, but it includes lots of pictures (of the various icons/buttons, which makes it easier to explain!) so it doesn't work in a PM! Smiley Sad

Failing that, I'll have to print it and post it to you - or try and explain without the pictures! 

Mr Futon just sold OH's treble recorder for £52 and his ancient (non-digital) camera with lenses and cases and stuff for £31.50. 25% to Macmillan Cancer Care. Tomorrow, the auctions for his ancient, tatty old bike (currently on £19 with lots of people "watching" - (= waiting to bid at the last minute??)) and the small, 3 man tent he foolishly bought 2 years ago, to use while YD and I had the big tent. He used it for 2 nights, came home early because we did (the year I was ill - when my gallstone first raised its ugly head!) and has never looked at it since! It's probably not a good time to sell the tent, being the end of the camping season, when all the shops have bargain tents, so it's only on £5 - the starting bid - so someone might get a real bargain!

Right: Back to the Paralympic Bench - with a large glass of something, so it might soon be the Paralytic Bench?? - to catch up on some I recorderd earlier. I will also continue to knit a Santa Bear! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Oooops forgot to say you have your own shed, FF????? xx

Community Champion

Lobster and prawns, decadent or what????

Could not manage a pudding...............

Thank you JCJ! Are you allowing Mr Futon to sell exciting things for you?? Sooooo intriguing, what are they? and are you making a small fortune? hahaha!!!

FF, yep it's incredibly funny how things that really matter, DON'T and things that DON'T matter DO according to H & S.

Lights off in Benchland, torches and head torches order of the day xx

Where am I???? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

What did you eat, KTC? Was it yummy?

I will give you a photo downloading tutorial later, when I turn on the 'proper' computer (so I can remind MYSELF how to do it! Smiley Happy )

My tablet is going mental at the moment because I have 4 auctions ending this weekend, all of which are being hotly contested. 25% to Macmillan, and of course Mr Futon and his pal, PAY (get it?) will take their cut, but it's still turning unwanted stuff into CASH!! Smiley Very Happy

FF - perhaps you need to ostentatiously carry an enormous torch - then after a week or 2 you could put in an injury at work claim for RSI? Or perhaps one of those miners' helmets with a lamp on the front. Do ALL your work wearing it? Make a point!

I would casually mention, to as many people as possible, that you nearly fell down the steps in the dark. Try and get the phrases "injury at work" , "health and safety" and "compensation claim" into the conversation - discreetly, of course, don't make it threatening! Lol. They may realise that a light would cost them a lot less than a lawsuit! (Which, let's face it, avoidance of which is all that H & S is really all about?!)

Oooh! Ping. Ping. Ping. More bids coming in.

Oh dear! This post seems to be all about money. Mercenary? Moi? Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

Seventy lengths?  I haven't been swimming for ages and I seriously doubt if I could do two!  My hat is off to you. I can't remember what I offered to do for the celebration party in Calais.  Must look back, it's getting close.

Katy - my meals were so delicious I ate the lot so none left for the shed - sorry!  Hope yours is as good tonight.  Jigsaw is Ravensburger, The Kitchen Cupboard.  I don't do landscapes or pretty pictures. More into cartoon jigsaws,  I have most of Mike Jupps "I love........" series.  Google them and you'll see.

Halved consumption is really good, well done.  It is a matter of trusting *it* to keep you happy.  Believe me, if I can do it, you can do it.

School has had a health and safety meeting.  Well, goodness me, after seven years of not being bothered , suddenly they are so worried about me because of lone working, that I now have to text HT when I get home so my safety is assured!  Nothing has been said however about the fact that my shed is round the back of the school and from Oct half-term to Feb half-term there is no lighting whatsoever.  It is dark, very dark. In fact it's pitch black. And there are steps! If I fell and broke a leg I could sue them for thousands!

I provide my own torch and I have been asking for an ouside light for the last four years!  I'll keep on until they get tired of me moaning and put a light in but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just buying new batteries for my torch!  They pretend they are so into H&S but really???  As long as it doesn't cost them anything.............

Not got anything planned for the weekend, |I've been really good this week and the house is clean and the garden is sorted (thanks to the new gardening gloves) not a weed to be seen.

So i think I'll sit on the " I deserve a rest and I'll read this book" bench.

Community Champion

Oh my 70 lengths???? WoweeSmiley Happy!!!

You are fabulous, hahaha

Out for meal tonight, yum yum so having a stay at home, tidy up day, will start when I can get off the "CBA"bench, which is firmly attached to my botton at the moment..............

Have google drive sorted JCJ, how to I move some photos to my pictures on computer?? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hahahaha! Not *fats* lane (that was the one where all the really slow swimmers were??) but *fast* lane. 

Told you I was tired! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Calais is getting closer! Swam another 70 lengths tonight. Now lying semi-comatose somewhere near the knackered bench! The pool was so full that I was forced to swim in the fats lane with the 2 ladies who are uber fast swimmers. Trying to keep up with them/stay out of their way nearly killed me! Not sure I'll be able to walk tomorrow!! Just over 6 1 /2 miles left to swim - might just make it by half term.

Sooooo tired.

Community Champion

Hahaha FF, a bargain indeedSmiley Happy, nice to treat yourself..........what jigsaw did you buy?

I have halved consumption which I am superly pleased about, so will see how it goesSmiley Happy!

Glad you enjoyed your meals, was there any left for the shed??

If children are nicer perhaps the 10 years may not feel sooooooooo bad JCJ.

Horrible grey day here but sooooooooo hot and humid so yucky feeling.

YD had eyelash extensions before she went off on hol, oh my absolutely beautiful, so pretty ED is also having hers done, both girls blessed with long eyelases anyway!! Said I would love that done too but not sure how a wrinkly, stumpy eyelash person would look??? Perhaps ok as long as I didn't go near a hairdresser's mirror xx

Community Champion

Bear with me girls, this might be an essay!  I posted last night, or I thought I did, I typed it and hit post...... and....nothing.  Better luck today, I hope.  

School much as usual but still clean from holidays so not too hard. Two days down, six weeks, three days to half-term, counting? Moi?

Son had a slight cash flow problem on Friday so popped over to lend him some money, they fed me lasagne and it was really, really good.  Yesterday I went over to receive the money back and they fed me spagetti bolognese.  I told DIL that SB was 10/10 and L 12/10.  I hope they need to borrow again!

Went to store in town for gardening gloves on Sunday, waited in line to pay........and waited......and waited..... (two tills open out of eight)  after twenty odd minutes I'm afraid I threw the toys out of the pram, left gloves on till and told cashier that I had better things to do!  

Went to garden centre with daughter today, she wanted spring bulbs for her garden.  I needed the gardening gloves.   Got them at £6, same price as town store on Sunday. However did I really need the jigsaw puzzle, cardigan, two outdoor plastic plants?  Of course I needed them, I spent £80.  Expensive gardening gloves!!  Thank heavens daughter paid for lunch!

Congrats on purchasing *it* Katy.  How are you getting on?  Persevere, a lot of it is psychological.