64960members
342232posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Highlighted

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

So glad you had time with your sister, JCJ.  I hope the move to the hospice goes smoothly and she is comfortable.  Very tough times for you and your family, feeling the bl@@dy unfairness of it all for you.  Take all the time you need off school.  Kids can smell vulnerability and are ruthless at exploiting it.  You need looking after right now, not trying to be Wonderwoman for that ungrateful lot!  Lots of hugs xxx

My my youngest was 18 yesterday and my parents came over.  We had a lovely relaxed time, went out for a meal (I thought a mixed grill was appropriate after my rads) and consumed bubbles.  FaceTime (other...) with the son completed a super family day 😍🍾. Made it to rads and back in exactly 2 hours, the shortest so far - need my mum with me every day as a lucky charm, methinks 😉  One of my rads team (Shona, 22, 5 ft nothing and from Liverpool - I love her!) has started being cheeky to me, so that makes me feel much more at home 😉

Highlighted
Community Champion

So pleased you and your sister could talk, such a terrible disease and she has gone through so much.

Hopefully today she will be much more comfortable, sad times JCJ. Hugs flying your way.

And stay off if you want to, depends on your own frame of mind not HT. You do what YOU want xx

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Back from Hereford. Just had the task of letting brother and other B-I-L (late other sister's OH) know what's going on. 

I was dreading seeing M. I thought she'd be far more 'out of it' than she was. We had a good chat, but she's so uncomfortable, can't move at all by herself, her kidneys and liver have packed up and her spleen is enlarged. She dozed off a few times while I was there, but she was very lucid with the doctor, demanding for it all to be over soon because she's had enough: "they'd shoot me if I was a horse!". I've always been a believer in quality of life not quantity - bit of a family mantra! - so I said I would take her to Switzerland myself, if I thought she could make the journey! :'(

She is being transferred to the Hospice tomorrow and the promise is she will be made as comfortable as possible. Hopefully, they will sedate her so she is less aware of her situation and the indignity of it all. She is staggered by how quick the deterioration has happened. Only last Thursday, apparently, she couldn't understand why the McMillan nurse said she needed to go into the Hospice. She thought she would be fine - hence the stairlift! 4 days later..... Smiley Sad

When I got home, I had a text from HT saying not to try to go to work tomorrow as cover has been arranged. I was intending going in, as I may need time off for a funeral soon - but if I've been ordered not to go.....?! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Champion

I really hope you are not doing a FF, Katy, that was quite an expensive time for me!  Glad that your new chariot has you moving better but sorry that you already have to clean it!

I have had my oven professionally cleaned today, cleaning the oven is not a job that I (or anyone else!) enjoy and, to be honest, I had put it off for far too long.  It took two hours and I am absolutely delighted, the oven looks brand new.  In fact, so brand new that I don't want to use it and dirty it!  And I will, in future, clean it regularly and keep it sparkling clean and if you believe that, you will believe anything Smiley Embarassed 

Cardigans that I ordered online arrived today as well. Two cardigans, same style, same size but different colours.  One is just a smidge too big, the other is just a smidge too snug!!!.........  Will keep both as a) they were cheap and b) I can't be bothered and c) close enough and a better fit than anything else I own.

Thinkig of you JCJ, more hugs for you.

Highlighted
Community Champion

As tat says JCJ, you just concentrate on your sister, don't even think about work, you have enough going on at the moment. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs xx

Am having a wonderful time, NOT!!!

Switched main tv off yesterday afternoon, switched it back on again a couple of hours later and nothing grrrrr!! So chariot and tv will be going to the dump asap!Smiley Frustrated

Then this morning washing machine showed an error message.................cannot possibly deal with anything wrong after the 10 week carry on last time, grrrrr!

Then phone completely froze, hope I'm not doing a FF???

Went to meet friend for our muggachoc, then nipped into supermarket for a couple of things, bought well known Scottish soft drink and made my way home. Arrived at front door and saw a puddle underneath chariot, can had burst and was squirting orange stuff all over the place, grrrrrrrrrrr so had to walk all the way back to return them.......another grrrrrrrrrrrr!

On the happy front, new chariot arrived this morning, woo hoo, YD fixed and screwed things into place, I love it!!! Old one must have been on it's last legs for ages cause I am now gliding Smiley Happy!!

Bad news is I have to clean the new basket cause that's where juice was squirtingSmiley Frustrated xx

Highlighted

You'll be in our thoughts all day, JCJ.  Try not to worry about work, family comes first.  Lots of love x♥♥x

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you, ladies. Heart 

I'm going to Hereford today, on the train. Can't face motorway driving in this weather, or navigating unknown roads in my anxious state! Smiley Sad

HT being understanding, so I hope this hasn't added to my issues. Tough, if it has?!! xx

Highlighted

Oh JCJ, I'm so sorry sweetheart xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Love and hugs to you and your family. JCJ.  I am so very sorry to hear your news.

Highlighted

I'm so very sorry, JCJ.  Sending hugs and love xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

JCJ, such very sad news, sending you lots of hugs xx

Highlighted

JCJ much love and hugs for you, and all the family.

Grumpy

Xxxxxxx

Highlighted

Sending hugs JCJ x
Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Phone call from B-I-L. Sister won't be going home. 😟 Stairlift will be cancelled. As soon as she is stable she is being transferred to the Hospice. I have been advised not to wait until half term to see her, as it may be too late. 😥

Highlighted
Community Champion

Aaaah JCJ, let's hope your sister is home soon, sending you lots of hugs.

Perhaps it is a good time to think hard, re work, who needs that stress????

Now the stairlift, we could incorporate it in Summerpantoextravaganza thingy, some of the high tech gadgets we used for the "chariot race" could be attached, fastest stairlift in the world, rocket like, propelling all over Benchland??

Am soooooooooo excited cause don't need to practice keeling over putting on knickers, I CAN DO IT, can provide details on how to do it if anyone gets stuck, can we have some soft stuff to fall into please??

Yes you can bash my chariot and dress my new one, bashing commences as soon as the dinky, pretty one arrives.................WD40 has been sprayed all over think it's just had it's day................

FF, hope you did it all, hahaha!!!

grumpy, brilliant news about your new tablets, woo hoo!

What are you reading tat and jan?? 

Just munched a takeaway curry, obviously bug has flownSmiley Happy xx

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't worry, Grumpy, camels and companion animals will barge on and find their own parts They usually do?! Smiley Happy The panto must include the knicker-putting-on-falling-over-dance! Can we incorporate it into the dance of the forty fleeces? Smiley Very Happy

*sings* you put your left leg in, your right leg in, arms out quick shout, shaking all about!

Highlighted

Just spent the WHOLE afternoon cleaning the sitting room carpet! Borrowed a friend's carpet shampooer - never again....... it's such a heavy beast I could barely push it. Next time I will hire the one from our hardware shop, known as Tinnies, cos it's much easier. Got the scotchguard (other.......) stuff to spray on to resist the 8 muddy paws. Maybe I should consider laminate or vinyl???? And a nice big rug??? 

Got one of those healthy drink juicer thingies yesterday from a local store that sounds like where I live. We shall see if it's AS good as the much advertised one. Any ideas for recipes????

I hope you are all getting sorted with the various problems that abound, it sounds like hard work.

The balance meds seem to be working, I can go up and down stairs without holding onto the banisters, And I can put my knickers on without falling over HURRAY.

Love to all

Grumpy

PS ideas for the Summer Pantostravaganza are coming along slowly, but I'm having problems finding parts for camels and companion animals!!!

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Briefly transferred to the CSL bench. Sister back in hospital. Smiley Sad Colitis caused by leukaemia/meds. She's on IV antibiotics - again! Smiley Sad

Pulled myself together. Went to farm shop with OH for toastie lunch and fruit & veg shop. Came home and made carrot cake ( therapeutic to make and to eat!! Smiley Happy ) and beetroot coleslaw (MUCH nicer than it sounds!) for with pizza later.

Now back on the CBA bench. It really has made me think about using what's left of *my* future in a way that makes me happy!! Considering my options re work.

Highlighted

Only just made it to the CBA bench via several loads of washing, Zumba and a bit of bathroom cleaning.  Hope it's warm, there's enough room for me and you lot haven't scoffed all the goodies Smiley Wink

Don't panic, KTC, I just thought I could put the defunct chariot to good use by mentally beating several shades of 'stuff' out of Lynn for being such an unwelcome pest Smiley Sad  Glad your week ended on a better note, JCJ. Only one more week until half term!  So sorry to hear about your sister and I hope you have a good time together when you see her in half term.  Dreadful weather out there, so I hope you made the sensible choice FF and opted for the CBA bench....

Lovely to see you on the benches again, Jan Smiley Happy  You'll have to teach me to knit.  My grandmother tried when I was about 7 or 8 and it was the only time I ever saw her get the giggles.  I was that good Smiley Wink

Right, feet up, fingers twitching near the cakes, settling with my kindle (other e-readers...), but I'll leave you with two words:  George Clooney.  Sigh.

Highlighted

Hi JCJ
Knitting baby blankets at the mo, new grandchild due July 👏. I have two on the go a simple one made of garter square patterns, for chemo brain days and a more complicated one for the good days. Must admit simple one MUCH further advanced.
Janx
Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

As this is Benchland where anything is possible - even me singing! Or skatng! Or even both at once! - could I suggest Richard Gere, as he was in 'Officer and a Gentleman', in the white uniform, of course. In Benchland, he'd even be able to carry me out of my workplace without having a hernia! Smiley Happy

Travel 25 miles just to go shopping, FF? PAH! That's what t'internet is for!!

Can we play with your old chariot, KTC? I've got the WD40 (other...) and a large hammer at the ready to knock it back into shape!

My sister's last (she has to have them every other week!) blood transfusion has failed to stop her feeling "feak and weeble" so she has finally had to admit she needs a stairlift. It is being fitted on Tuesday. I can't stop myself thinking about my other sister: she didn't last long after her stairlift was fitted. In fact, I think she only used it a couple of times before she was bedridden with her 2ndary lung cancer! 😢 I know this is different, but M was told "months" back in October. 😞

We're going to go and visit in half term- not just to play on the stairlift! Smiley Happy

School wasn't too bad. I got through the week, actually enjoying some of it. Some really good lessons,some really stressful. 5 weeks left of my "support" (that's a laugh!) Basically, it all depends on what/when they choose to observe me to see if I've improved!! Smiley Mad

Shove up on the CBA/Kindle Reading bench. I'm coming in, armed with cake, tea, coffee and knitting needles. What are you knitting, Kayak? I'm doing squares for a cushion at the moment - the most 'normal' thing I've knitted in ages! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Well my fellow benchers 5.30 and I am showered creamed and back in bed 😊! OH early start at a conference all day and lightheaded chemo brain prevents showering whilst alone in the house.
So a whole day hmm think it's going to be the CBA bench, ginger cookies and coffee and my trusty kindle. Might even do some knitting. Decisions 😊
Hugs
Jan x
Highlighted

I echo that mmmm Ali.
No reason.
Jan x
Highlighted

Benedict Cumberbatch . 

Dont expect this to have any relevance to anything whatsoever, just....... Mmmmm. 

Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh my goodness - Katy.  I hope your Mother is all right!

So, tomorrow?  What's going to happen?  Do I drive 25 miles to nearest city to do some techie shopping (need a new phone and laptop)?  Do I stay at home and finally get on with the new cushion covers?  Do I  give my house the good clean that it is crying out for?  Or do I end up on the CBA bench with a good book alongside Tat? 

Answers on a postcard please.  Will let you know Smiley Tongue  Hope you all have a good weekend.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Brilliant news JCJ, their advice and aid can only make you feel stronger and more confident facing any issues nowSmiley Happy!

Chariot will be going tout suite, one wheel is not turning properly and am now aching all over moan, moan..........groany groan. Have ordered new one and am hoping it will be here beginning of next week. Don't really have to go out until Mon and that's just over the road to meet a friend for a muggachoc.

Don't want Mum's one because it's sturdy, hard seat etc where as I need a lightweight one, less pressure on body.

Please don't hit me tat, as Lynn is perched on my shoulder and she is not moving at the moment!!! hahaha!

My Mum is on the "bad behaviour" bench, she decided to take numerous painkillers in a short time span and now has been sleeping non stop missing a doc appt etc. She just wanted to have a good nights sleep????

Am furious............cause she says she can't see properly again, she's practically comatose from the drugs, gave her a huge telling off, grrrrrrr. She says she won't do it again. Told her to tell doc what she had done and she said she would, she didn't..............bad Mum. Hopefully it will have given her a fright and she won't do it again, told her I would phone doc if she didn't behaveSmiley Frustrated xx

Highlighted

Brilliant news re your friends and their advice and support, JCJ Smiley Happy  Now at least there is a level playing field.  And it's Friday.  And it's nearly half term.  Woo hoo!

So if you get a new chariot, KTC, pleeeeeease can we pimp it up?  Then we can break up the old one and use it to beat Lynn into submission Smiley Wink

Rad number 4 this afternoon, 4.10pm, so I might be out by 5pm to play with the traffic again Smiley Wink  Travelling at rush hour has contributed to every appt so far being at least a 2.5 hour round trip...going to schmooze the team to try and get mid afternoon appts from here on in.  Once today is done I'll be into the 20s, though, so that warrants a good slug of glitterberry juice, doesn't it? Smiley Wink

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.  I'll be hogging the CBA bench with a blankie and a good book this weekend given the weather forecast... xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Gareth?  I'm sorry, I'm a one man woman Smiley Happybut having imprisoned Gareth in my understairs cupboard twice now Smiley Embarassed you will all have to hide my involvement for him to agree!!  I'll lie low and then pounce at the end!

Yay, You go JCJ, so glad that your friends have been... and will be... helpful to you.

Katy, glad that the flat was good, sorry that Lynn is being annoying.

Directors chair is in my conservatory Grumpy, will send it to you poste haste.

School has settled down to it's usual state of cleanllness, which gives me time to do the little extra bits that keep it really clean, so I'm happy at the moment and really happy that half-term is looming and I can have three days off!  

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Colin Firth, with or without the wet shirt? 

Had my cuppa with friend and her husband and they agree that I seem to have been treated unfairly. They have given me lots of advice and he has offered to be my 'friend' if it comes to a time when I have to have scary meetings! There's a particular reason, which I hadn't known before, why that would be SO appropriate!! Smiley Happy But for the moment, I'm just going to try to prove I'm more than capable by doing everything as well as I can and asking everyone for help/advice to show willing!! I have to phone HR to get some info, so that I may be able to put up a challenge to some of the paperwork! 

I'm feeling a bit more confident that I can get through this. Smiley Happy

KTC, if your chariot has been worn out in the races, can't you "borrow" your mother's, if she's not going to use it??

Highlighted

We could ask what's his name from Top Gear - he could do the Star in an Average Chariot challenge down the prom.

No?????

Grumpy

Highlighted
Community Champion

Pssssssssssssssst, where's that very important chair??? Director extraordinaire Dame Grumpy will be seated and ready to commence xx

Forgot to say bumped into a lady today who as soon as she found out she had bc, remortgaged her house, went through chemo, rads then went on at least 5 holidays abroad a year, just did what she wanted, when she wanted, she was saying that's her been "signed off" 5 years have passed and she looks fabulous xx She also said even if she had spent all her money, she had had great fun and no regrets whatsoever xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ, you show them, you'll be even more "advised" after tonight!!!

Flat WAS perfect, so on the happy bench for ED, thank goodness, not too far from where she lives now, children will have their own rooms, will know officially next week but it's basically done and dusted, another woo hoo moment!!

Also on the "feeling sooooooo much better" bench, whew!!

Chariot is not behavingSmiley Frustrated must have been all that racing, am out for a while tomorrow so will see how it goes, may have to have a new one. Been searching and found one that folds, then folds again which would be superly handy for car boots etc.

Well, well, well Lynn has also decided to sit on and around my shoulderSmiley Frustrated, how completely annoying is she???? xx

Highlighted

Well then, how dare you imply my consultant was incompetent when he said I am normal!!! Of course I am, normal for Benchland that is.......

ENT prescribed meds do seem to be helping with the balance problems, so fingers crossed.

Summer Pantoexstravanza??? Oh yes, just give me minute......... get ready for auditions for parts/crew.

This time I think we should have a Guest Star - any ideas????

I shall need to borrow a frock again.

Grumpy

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Hope the flat was perfect, KTC.

Things looking up everso slightly at work. I was petrified I'd be observed with THAT class again today and exec HT was around as well! 😱 Supply teacher in this morning, so they'd be even worse than usual!  I asked the teacher who is supposed to be mentoring me about what was going on - and gave her the sheets she has to fill in (she'd never been shown them, never mind given them - I suppose that would have been my fault, if they weren't completed?) Anyway, no obs this pm, and when I said this to her she said "OH I popped in a few times and I wrote that you were well prepared (damn right! I missed lunch!), following the behaviour policy and when I came in all the children were doing their work" Atta girl! If she keeps that up they CAN'T start Capability Procedures!! Smiley Happy The behaviour was still appalling but if I'm following the Behaviour Policy (always did. It doesn't work!) then it can't be my fault??!! Mwahahaha!

7 more get ups to half term! Had a hot cross bun today. Yummy! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you for ALL the cake FF, yum, yum! Can eat it in Benchland haha! Glad you enjoyed your course.

JCJ, keep your head held up high, you're worth it!!

tat number 2 today, we'll countdown with you.

jan, think it depends on who puts in canula?? I also didn't have chemo but noticed with lido that I had a thumping headache during and after treatment, until I was told to drink lots and lots of water, the difference is huge, check if it's the same with chemo.

Ali's camels, they will always be your camels ali,haha!!

A panto?? Another Summer Extravaganza, perhaps?

ED off to see flat today, she's pretty excited, we all are, hopefully this is the one, will make lots of worries disappear...............

Think I will have both grandchildren as GD was throwing up all over the place last night, honestly it's such a terrible bug!!!Smiley Frustrated

Was out shopping for a little while yesterday and nipped into PO, lady said you're not looking too good, really???? Is it the pasty skin??? The hair that is hanging limply?? Or the screwed up face??? xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

School sent me on a safeguarding children course today.  4-6pm...... not the optimum time considering my hours of work!  (3.30 - 6).   My Senior Teacher said "just pop in and do the toilets and leave the rest " so that's what I did.  As I arrive at school as the children leave and I have little to do with them, I thought I would be bored out of my mind on this course.  Wrong, very wrong!  I was not bored, I learned a lot and by the end of the two hours I found I had a new respect for the teachers and TA's and their responsibilities and their vulnerability to misinterpretation.  

Have enjoyed another slice of Birthday cake tonight, this time with smarties!

Another panto JCJ?  Not sure if I've recovered from the last one yet Smiley Happy

Yay, to Ali's Camels!  (have they been secretly reading Benchland?)

Hope all SE's are few for those having treatment.

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Arrrghhh! It refused to post "correct the highlighted errors and try again" - then posted twice. Don't worry, you're not seeing double! 😜 

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Duplicate post. Deleted.

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH that's classic, Ali! I love it when real life collides with Benchland! 😀

Today wasn't too bad. Most of my colleagues are really supportive. I will jump through all the hoops and be proud of myself for being professional. If I end up getting pushed out (current concensus, judging by previous events) then at least I am going to enjoy my last few weeks.

Public forum, so I won't go into details but this am hugely stressful for all of us, but pm I taught a maths lesson & an RE lesson and it went really well (or at least I thought so, and no-one else was there to contradict me!) I didn't leave school until after 5 again.

Thank you all for being so supportive. Yet again, I am grateful for this 'silver lining' of BC! I will write us a panto, with some toons, if I find myself at a loose end!

Thanks for the cake, FF. Nom nom nom!

I'm glad your treatments have started T4T & KJ - it brings the return to normality (really???!) just that little bit closer. Hang in there! 

Highlighted

I sneaked onto the Feb chemo thread having seen you'd posted there, Jan, and was delighted to see you were scoffing cheese on toast Smiley Happy  Really, really hope the next few days are OK for you ♥ 

Highlighted

Hi tat
Glad your first rads went ok. Had my first chemo not fun but doable. Have a very sore hand and splitting headache but generally ok so far.
I think we could definitely work with a panto idea perhaps a new career for JCJ?
A thespian bench for all us drama queens.
Hugs
Jan x
Highlighted

A panto?  Oh no you didn't!

First rads session today, only 32 to go!  Once we found a parking space by stalking people (and I really mean that) the rest was very smooth and efficient.  

How was your day today, JCJ?  Hope you have felt even better today, katyc and everyone else is alright Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hello my lovely Benchies! I thought of you all at the weekend, I went to a panto performance of Aladdin. They used the bazaar set a lot, one of the shop signs was "Ali's Camels". It cheered me up immensely Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Champion

CAKE.  Oh, grandson's birthday cake.  DIL has surpassed herself.  A marble cake decorated with matchmakers, chocolate fingers, smarties, m&m's, chocolate buttons, revels. and fruit pastilles 'cos they're his favouite.  It's in the shed, enjoy it...... but a small slice will suffice.  I ate about three quarters of mine and then passed it on to son to finish.

So pleased that you have someone to advise you JCJ.  You go girl, don't let them get to you, we're all behind you.

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Tablet is back and working, 😁 but musical notes inserted using Alt 14 on desktop keyboard.

Currently watching Terry Wogan tribute on the One Show that I recorded earlier. That wonderful man was the background to my mornings for so many years, every day a smile or chuckle. His silent fireworks were a masterpiece (and inspiration for our Benchland ones) When I fist started driving to work I used to wish the journey was longer so I didn't have to stop listening.

Highlighted

Yaay!  Brilliant that you have some knowledgable allies, JCJ Smiley Happy  And well done for turning up smiling and showing willing today when everyone thought you would go off sick.  Don't let the burgers grind you down!!

Just noticed (and snorted with laughter - NOT the correct response to a shooting on Silent Witness!) at your lyrics.   You must have your tablet back and in working order if you can add musical notes Smiley Happy) xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

That's brilliant JCJ, armed and dangerous apres thurs, will be rooting for you. Sooooo helpful when someone knows the system, that will indeed give you a well needed confidence boost you go girl xx
Perhaps at 6 week meeting you can sing one of your tunes???? That would make them think??? In fact we could all come down and sing xx

Highlighted
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh T4T thank you! You made me laugh. Smiley Very Happy And thank you too, KTC for thinking of me too.

I went in and smiled and joked with staff, was oober nice to the kids and made sure I did EVERYTHING to a level that couldn't be critisised.  Senior staff slightly cagey with me, so I'm wondering what's been said to them. Some of the rest of the staff were surprised to see me - they thought I'd go off sick, but I'm not prepared to give anyone any more amunition against me!!  Finally left after 5pm, having marked, and done various other jobs as soon as they were mentioned. It's going to be a long six weeks, but I'm determined that they can't say I haven't done everything I was asked to the best of my ability!  If it ends in capability procedures and demotion/dismissal then at least I'll know there WAS an agenda!!

I sent a long email to an ex-colleague yesterday. I worked with her for years at a previous school, and she's been a good friend since my BC dx. She is now retired, as is her husband, who I also know from staff 'do's. He was a headteacher and then he supported failing schools, so he knows a thing or two about how things should be done!  He read my email "with his Officer hat on" and they have asked me to go round,after school on Thursday,and take all the paperwork with me. I'm fairly sure he/they are going to be great allies to fight in my corner, because, unlike the big unions they actually KNOW what goes on in schools.

Watch this space....

In the meantime, I'll commence my research for Norecambe Nuptials and the accompanying sales jingles: ♫Here comes the bride, dressed in camel hide♫ Smiley LOL

Highlighted

Hope it's been a bearable day, JCJ.  If you do go down the career change route, can we make suggestions?  Obviously, we all think you should be earning squillions writing marketing jingles to the tune of Christmas carols.... Smiley Wink  But, you also have great talent and taste for event management, methinks Smiley Wink  You could actually start Norecambe Nuptials!!

Glad you're on the mend, katyc, even if it's slow progress.  Cake is kind to the stomach Smiley Wink It's incredibly gusty here too.  On the home stretch with my dog today there were times I couldn't move forward against the wind!

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hope you are doing fine today JCJ, you keep your chin up, big time.

Fab your daughter has helped with CV, who knows a career change may be much more rewarding for you, fingers crossed. It's sad that this is the way of the workplace nowadays...........

FF, have a Happy Granchild's Birthday, what kind of cake are we having??

Feeling a LITTLE better, gosh it's horrid, this is the 5th day, geez!

Gale force winds and torrential rain here, heating on full blast, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr xx