63366members
333369posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

I'm back from deepest, darkest Dorset where t'internet is harder to find than sunshine.  Been catching up and loving the way the wedding mood board is progressing.  Your daughter must be thrilled, JCJ Smiley Happy

Christmas decs all down here too and a houseful of people who don't want real life to start again tomorrow.... can I join you on the G&T bench?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just taken down the Christmas tree & decs. Trying not to cry. Back to work tomorrow. Soooo not ready. Then I saw your outfit, KTC, and laughed out loud. Thank you! I love Benchland - always a tonic! (Ooh! G&T anyone??) Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

This is my head attire, how fabulousSmiley Happy!! xx

images (1).jpg

Community Champion

images.jpg

This is my dress, thought orange bag and shoes would match perfectly!

Quite demure as you do not want to upstage MOTB, though don't think anyone couldSmiley LOL xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OMG! Handbags! I completely forgot about handbags! *Dashes off to shops*

Don't panic, girls. I've found one that'll match perfectly! Smiley Very Happy

Handbag

YD has asked me to send her my school holiday dates so she can plan the wedding. Yay!

I'm thinking of contacting her future M-I-L so we can co-ordinate. Matching MOTBs?! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Good you're back delly, do you wanna be a bridesmaid too??

Am on the "totally snotty" bench, some start to 2016, am fed up already and it's only third day haha! Ribs are aching etc just the usual, grrrrrrr!

Up to see about lynn this week, she's such a pest and blood results also, am not worried at all now, funny how 24 hours changes your head space haha.

Did you manage to wear shoes grumpy? Just wondering if they are comfortable, we'll be wearing them for hours and dancing in them ( will have to be careful re the handbags?? ) xx

Oh WHAT - THOSE shoes - ha ha ha!!

Hey grills, I've been out of it over Xmas and New Year.

GRUMPY - Hey what a day to have a birthday !! Happy Birthday from me too

JCJ - YUM YUM, I love your lasagne. Get one of the "Clean you oven" services in and give yourself a present Darlin'. Just give IN to it. No Shame. No one likes having to clean their oven so WHY NOT ?? JFDI Just Flippin Do IT (flippin being the POLITE word !!!!)

You're all a load of NUTTERS - that's why I like you. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL !!!!

Awwwww, so much love from me, Delly xxxxxx

Happy birthday Grumpy!! 

Community Champion

Haha JCJ, you're such a bad girl!!!!
Love the shoes, think they should also be official wedding wear, veronica and them you will be the prettiest MOTB ever, fabulous or what???? Xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Grumpy, I saw these and thought you might want them for partying in the present conditions? Smiley Happy

Party shoes

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

GD takes after you then KTC? *ducks*

Community Champion

Woo hoo grumpy!!!!! Happy birthday, hope you have had a lovely day!!!
Birthday cake in the shed, balloons on all the benches and barrels of glitterberry juice on tap! It's party time xx

Ps my gd never stops talking xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy Birthday to yooooou!! Grumpy. I hope you had a good one.

Community Champion

Happy Birthday Grumpy.  I so nearly said that last night as I thought it was your birthday but wasn't sure enough and didn't want to look an idiot!  Hope you've had a lovely day.

I've had a very quiet day cutting out cushion covers ready for making and watching some of the Xmas tv programmes I recorded.

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear grumpy, happy birthday to me!!!! Yes, I was a new year baby!

I'm 68 now, and don't look a day over 70 (says Joey, who has not yet learnt his sums...) Still they clubbed up their pocket money to buy Mummy some nice perfume from Boots (other chemists etc) but got their paws in a tangle trying to wrap it. Just give it 'ere said I.

Here's hoping we all have NICE stuff this year - it's shaping up quite well isn't it, with a wedding to come.

love

grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

On the smug bench. I've started the year as I have absolutely no intention of continuing it: by cleaning my 'new' ovens. They have been on my 'to do' list since the summer holidays. I was determinef to keep them nice by regular cleaning. Yearly is tegular, right? Didn't take YD's advise which was to move house to avoid cleaning them! Smiley Tongue

I have also made a lasagne for dinner, from scratch. Enough for 4 portions, so I can freeze 2 for another time. I'll put some in the shed too, so help yourselves. Salad and garlic bread alongside! Smiley Happy

Feet up with my kindle (,other....) for 40 mins while it cooks. Bon appetite! Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Happy New Year Girls, 2016!! May it be happy, healthy and fun.

All quiet here, one grandchild later for a sleepover, first time I have been on my own at Hog and I must be getting old cause I wasn't at all bothered, haha!

Was on the "crazy thinking" bench earlier but have calmed down hugely, aaah it's amazing what a blip does, friend that went for a mammo (other breast) at surgeons request is fine whew so, so pleased for her xx

And JCJ it WAS you who always sparkled the bad words, not moi!

How fab the fireworks were, aliburgers and glitterberry juice consumed by all, really don't know how FF manages itSmiley Happy! xx

Meg and Joey snoozed through the fizz bang pops - only raised their heads when cheese and bics were served....... nothing new there!!!

Happy New year to all Benchies, may 2016 be full of joy and lovely things.

Grumpy (and squiffy)

Xxxxxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

*Sings, (silently of course)* For auld lang syn (or however you spell it!)

Someone in our village jumped the gun and massive load of fireworks went up 5 minutes early. Fools!

Benchland fireworks have been amazing and I particularly enjoyed FF's ferret dance on her head, holding sparklers with both feet! I did't know KTC knew so many 4 letter words!! I hope The Duchess and ASBO boy aren't being scared by fireworks.

Wishing everyone a Happy, healthy 2016! xx

Community Champion

It's 9.30 on New Year's Eve and my virtual self is enjoying the party in Benchland. Looking forward to the fireworks.  Great outfits everyone.  How do you walk in those heels?

My real self is pinning and tacking material together for the backs of new cushion covers and watching re-runs of QI.  

Once I would have really been out partying, how times change! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone. I hope 2016 will be kind to us all and our families.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't know about "last crumbs" of Christmas cake, FF, we haven't even cut into ours yet!! Still scoffing mince pies, Welsh cakes and pudding. It'll probably last until Easter! 

Talking of which, I spent nearly all day looking for a holiday cottage for the school Easter holiday. (Because I can this year! Smiley Happy)  Got  shortlist of 4 that were either Sunday changeover (OH's preference) and/or not too far away and preferably fairly near sister - so we can visit.  Looked again at shortlist. Don't like any of them for different reasons. Back to square one. Smiley Sad

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Watch out for KTC, T4T, she's been known to write rude words with sparklers! Or was that me? Can't quite remember! Smiley Happy The fireworks will be a.maze.ing, of course, everything we do in Benchland (especially weddings Smiley Tongue) always is.

The bruising might be due to blood changes (eg. less platelets) - maybe due to your meds? The blood tests will probably determine the cause so stay calm! x

Community Champion

Yes t4t, there is a New Year's Eve party tomorrow.  Silent choir will sing Auld Land Syne, alliburgers, Xmas leftovers, the last odd mince pie, crumbs of the Christmas cake and various other foods which may or may not be out of date will be on offer. Be wary.

Stick to the alliburgers, they're always fresh! 

FIREWORKS at 11.45 to see in the New Year but I may well be in bed by then after a nice hot chocolateSmiley Happy

Community Champion

Try not to worry Katy, unexplained bruises can be a sign of a vitamin deficiency, obviously what the blood tests are for but yes, speak to a Dr. if you are worried.

Been shopping today with daughter, promised her a new coat for Xmas but to be bought in the sales.(I didn't have a Yorkshire upbringing for nothing!)  Walking from the car park to the nearest shops I got absolutely drenched.  It was raining heavily, no hood on my coat and an umbrella was not an option as it was blowing a gale.  We'd tried on a few coats before Xmas to see what she fancied but there wasn't much. (She's a size 16/18 and a lot of things make her look larger). First shop we went in today, first coat she tried on, fitted, looked good and was bought at a price that I was really happy about.

Then she made me walk round every shop imaginable looking for shoes, clothes for her daughters etc. My back was killing me!  Eventually she dragged me into a clothing retail store which we had visited before Xmas where I had seen lovely knitted jumpers for my grandsons and had rejected because of the price.  £45 for a childs jumper?....I don't think so!  Today they were £12.99.  Guess what they are having for their birthdays which are in January? So glad I went there.

I really hope you are all staying dry. Some flooding aroung here today, a few roads closed and trains stopped but not too serious yet although it's still raining. 

I'm rather surprised your daughter hasn't already asked the benchies to be her wedding planners, JCJ.  It's shaping up nicely imho Smiley Happy

Off to the mother-in-law's tomorrow for a quiet new year.  Are there fireworks (other than the hot flushy ones I already get) in Benchland on NYE?

Community Champion

Oh geez just changed into my jammies and have another huge bruise on my other leg, am at nurse for blood tests tomorrow will ask if I can speak to a doc, a wee bit worried now, not telling anyone else so have to say it on here. xx

Community Champion

Ooops overstepped the mark regarding The Duchess, a ringbearer????????? What was I thinking???

Hope the weather is kind to you grumpy.

Am on the " hopping mad" bench, brand new coat now has a small tear, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, boo hooSmiley Sadxx

The Duchess has graciously consented to be a flower girl only repeat ONLY if the flowers are pink and lilac to match her new collar.... honestly!!!!  Joey doesn't know what a ring bearer does, but as long as he can be centre of attention he will ' give it a go'. I predict disaster ahead.

Rain coming again over night and Floodline map looks grim for the next few days. At least we got off lightly compared with other areas.

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I "direct messaged" YD rather than broadcasting to all my Twitter followers (only family at moment as locked account!). She never replied. Not sure if she's still reeling in shock, thinks it's too stupid to warrant a reply or never read it. Whichever, I am not going to push it! Smiley Tongue

Lovely sunny day today, so we packed a Christmas picnic: Turkey sandwiches, vegetable crisps, mince pies, Welsh cakes and clementines, with a flask to make tea, and went for a walk by a reservoir. Then we had chippies for tea. Yummy! 

Community Champion

Oh my good grief!  I would pay good money to see you in that "Veronica" Leotard JCJ.  So what did your daughter think about our suggestions?  

Surely the Duchess will want to be a flower girl?

I get two lots of itchiness Katy, one is caused by the Relon brand of ta'poxi'fen and is not really a bother. The other is an "undiagnosed dermatitis" .  Had it for 30+ years, seen dermatologists, had many tests and they still don't what it is but if I can get the steroid ointment on it fast enough it's not too bad.  I know it's stress related though and with daughter as she is I'm getting through the ointment at a rate of knots! It only happens on my forearms and back......most strange!

Been shopping for clothes today ( I hate clothes shopping but I've lost so much weight worrying over daughter that I had nothing that fitted).  I was really shocked to realise that I now fit into a pair of size 10 supermarket jeans. I've come home with clothes to fit and cream cakes to put some weight back on!!

Off to watch Gareth on tv.....lasso missed him after the carol concert.....grrrrr.......

Community Champion

Hahahaha love the "Veronica" and my with your superly flat tum JCJ, you will look wonderful, instead of confetti we'll throw GLITTER.................it's going to be sooooooooo much funSmiley Happy!!

This will change your daughter's life forever, a day she will never, ever forget, woo hoo!

You and OH can ride in on Hump and Dink, just think of the ooohs and aaaaahs, everyone will be sooooooooo surprised, and when you step down in the "Veronica" can just imagine the gasps...........

Tat you too can be a bridesmaid, just select a colour, thinking the Duchess and ASBO boy can be ringbearers.....

Dreary me............had to go to docs, back still sore, skin has turned really itchy and a small bruise I had on my leg turned into a monster bruise in a couple of hours. Doc thinks I have bruised a muscle in my chest, doesn't know what itchy skin is nor bruise so have blood tests on Thurs. What was your itchyness FF, can't remember??? xx

I logged on to see how everyone's Christmas had been.  Then I spotted that JCJ's daughter is getting married and thought what a lovely thing that is to look forward to.  And then, the usual benchie madness I have come to love took over and I'm ROFL at the planned bridesmaid attire.  Brilliant 😂. My kids snigger over my wedding photos - the hair, the clothes - but these are timeless classics 😬 Do you know if they do pocketed versions?

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh gosh, it just gets funnier and funnier. I had to tell YD about your suggestion for the wedding, Katy, because earlier on today, when she was googling (other....) "Made to measure women's suits", looking for wedding outfit ideas (neither of the brides will wear a dress!!) she stumbled across this: (warning: not for the faint hearted! My sister's broadband settings blocked it!!)

http://libidex.com/made-to-measure/made-to-measure-womens2.html

As (one of) the bride's mother, I think I should wear the Veronica leotard?!

Community Champion

Haha JCJ, just think of the sheer surprised looks when we turn up in all our finery, Smiley Happyall that LYCRA!!! Hee hee. Mother of the bride outfit, glitter, glitter glitter, it's fantastic!!

Forgot to say thank you sooooooooooo much for all your hard work, the carols, you did superbly well, bravo!!

Well done FF, a Winter Spring clean type thingy, woo hoo.

Mum is a whole lot better, thank goodness, back seems to be calming slightly, we'll see, scared to say too muchSmiley Frustrated!! xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh Katy, that really made me laugh. I was watching TV with the girls and they looked at me expectantly. Assumed I was looking at Twitter and waited for me to share the joke. Wondering how they would take it, debating whether to read it to them, and imagining the horrified stares just made it even funnier. I didn't tell them. Daughter would be amused - not completely convinced about her OH - she probably would, but let's not take the risk?! Smiley Happy

They've just left to drive home. I miss them already. Why do they have to live so FAR away (heads to GetAGrip bench - they could live in Australia FFS!!) The house feels very empty so I'm consoling myself with mince pies, Welsh cakes and chocolates. Now feel a bit sick. Trundles to FB bench - good job I added extra reinforcement to it for Christmas?!

Ah well, ES's birthday today. 31! How did that happen??! He says he'll be up sometime soon. And this year I'm not waiting for liver mets  investigations, so I can book our Easter holiday. Yay!

Community Champion

Sorry your Mother was not well enought to enjoy Christmas Day with you Katy, glad she is better today and also hope that your back improves.  Your shenanagans (sp?) at the Chariot race are probably to blame for that. Your ideas for the wedding are brilliant!  Just what they need!

On Boxing Day it's the tradition that we all go to son's for tea and nibbles and we still did that today although we had been been there all day yesterday. So I had a lot of the day to myself and I woke up in just the mood to sort out my conservatory.  It's been the place to put stuff that needs to go to a charity shop/tip in the last few months as daughter has been moving and I've been meaning to sort it out for ages but couldn't get off the CBA bench.

It's done, it's sorted, it's cleared, it's cleaned, it's tidy.Smiley Happy Boxes and bags in the car ready for a tip run tomorrow. Am I mad? Boxing Day and I get the urge to clean? Yes, probably but I have to make the most of these times when I'm in the mood.

Had a most enjoyable time at son's again tonight, wasn't home until almost 10pm. The game of Trivial Pursuit didn't happen, we were too busy talking!

Community Champion

ooooh how wonderful JCJ, a weddingSmiley Happy!

Now was thinking if it's Aug (MMU 4) we could combine, wedding on the beach, wedding breakfast in Rita's, cars (our chariots) and a humongous muggatea at the Kings. And biggest surprise Benchland Bridesmaids!!!! WOWEE!!!!!

Had a fab day yesterday, food was demolished, haha! dessert for 16?? No it was dessert for 4, could hardly move..............

Lots of lovely gifts and some pennies to spend, have already spent the pennies.........bought a coffee table sooooooo very pleased.

The bad news, no Mother for Xmas Day, she had a bladder infection and had to call doc, who came out with a prescription, good news she feels better today, whew!

And moi, back is being awful, so have swallowed lots of painkillers, spasms are s*****, fingers crossed it calms down soonSmiley Frustratedxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad everyone seems to have had a nice time. YD & "D-I-L" arrived 7pm Christmas Eve and we fetched a takeaway from our local Indian restaurant. (Strictly NO leftovers allowed!). We had an ENORMOUS Christmas dinner at 1.30pm yesterday and were all so full that I didn't bother microwaving the pudding and we had fresh fruit salad instead (which I always have on standby at this time of year - a refreshing antidote to all the rich food!) 

The girls did the washing up, bless them! After opening some of the presents, a sit about and a short walk, we managed to force down a Turkey, stuffing (2 kinds)  and cranberry sauce roll each and some mulled wine.

Today we will have boxing day pie (a cunning, lazy a**e, but delicious meal I devised a few years ago, that has become part of the essential festive routine!) Chunks off the turkey and the ham, smothered in bought white wine & cream sauce and topped with bought puff pastry. It takes about 5 minutes preparation, and is delicious served with leftover vegetables! The Christmas pudding will follow that down beautifully! Smiley Happy

I expect, if the rain holds off, we'll go for a walk to get some air and burn off some calories!!

I had a text from ES yesterday too, to say he was enjoying his day ("we" - so spending it with GF - which was a relief, he hates Christmas and I was worried he'd be moping on his own!) "We will deal with you later in the week" Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy 

Both offspring happy. Made my day! 

YD's wedding likely to be July or August 2016, because they're hoping to have it in a pub garden! 

That's so lovely, Foxy. I, too, have had a wonderful day being force fed and winning at cards. YESSSS!!!

Hoping everyone else has had a good day 😀
Community Champion

I've had an absolutely brilliant day.  Dinner at 1.30 was wonderful and we were so full up we had pudding at 5.30! Totally delicious.

We spent the intervening time opening presents (I've been really spoilt this year, great presents!) and playing Trivial Pursuit. One family against the other. Me, my son, DIL and three kids against Daughter,SIL and three kids (one of whom was fast asleep having worked a night shift! and another who's only 16 months old!).  So we fancied our chances and got off to a great start but were slowly overhauled and we LOST.  The rematch will be tomorrow but grandaughter who was asleep will be awake tomorrow, so I'm not hopeful!  If we do win tomorrow we'll have to plan a decider at New Year.

This has been the best Christmas Day that I have had for years. I am so grateful.

Now at home to watch all the tv programmes that I have recorded.

Merry Christmas one and all!!!! 

Lunch with friends and family in the village, and now it's RAINING......

Meg and Joey have new collars - meg is all pink and girly, and joey is tartan and ever so butch.

Waiting for Downton frocks now - why did I get to wear Mrs Patmores frock? Surely I could have been loaned one of Dame Maggie's outfits.......

Big Walk tomorrow, weather permitting - weather forecast is still a bit iffy.

Love to all

Grumpy

Community Champion

Merry Christmas girls x have a wonderful and very happy day x x woo hoo !!
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Merry Christmas! Wishing everyone a lovely day. 

I've put the oven on to roast the beast, made a mugatea, and now, thanks to the fact we have no excited children bouncing about, I'm considering going back to bed for a wee while. No-one else is awake yet. Or I may head to the quiet reading bench. If I can get past the CBA bench!! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

I thought our silent choir tonight was wonderful. JCJ's brilliant carols perfomed with such harmony.  Katy, I never realised you could sing descant.  Gareth conducted beautifully and yes, I have a lasso and space in my under the stairs cupboard.  He'd better be wary! Smiley Happy

JCJ - thank you so much for our advent calendar carols. (What are you going to do next year?)  I have really loved it and you surpassed yourself today with that last verse.  So very, very true.

Pass me a mince pie and a glass of glitterberry juice please, let's start the party!

A very,very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!!!!!!

Awesome carol, JCJ 😀

i get get deliveries from H***** and just love them. NOT.  They shall forever be known as H**pes to me now.  Absolutely perfect 😉. 

Have a wonderful Christmas xxx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Christmas Eve. Last advent Carol. I've struggled with this one. Running out of inspiration?! 

Awake in a hot sweat (as requested by FF)

Awake in a hot sweat, throw covers off the bed,
The demons of cancer abound in my head.
The wind in my stomach causes pain when I lay,
Then lazy JCJ asleep half the day.

The camels are glowing, the donkey’s on skates,
But little dog Joey for The Duchess he waits

I love all my new friends, who understand my plight
Someone to laugh with in the middle of the night

Believe me, oh BCC, I thank you today

For keeping me sane, and I’d just like to say:
Bless all BC patients feeling tender and scared,
And take us to Benchland, to live guilt-free there.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

T4T, spoon theory: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Awoke to doorbell at 10 to 8 this morning. 10 to 8. Christmas Eve! Threw dressing gown on. Dragged fingers through hair. Got to door. No-one there! Van at end of drive. No driver. Sh**. Expecting that JL parcel. Check porch (there's a sign on outside door saying parcels can be left in porch). Zilch. Van drives off. Sh**. Make mugatea. Pick up tablet. Email. From H***** (sounds like

disease causing cold sores!)  "Your JL parcel has been delivered 'to your letterbox'". What? No it hasn't! Opens outside door and there's the parcel: a cardboard box on the ground and it's starting to rain! It was lucky I was here because it's now hammering it down. My parcel would have been a soggy mess by now! Smiley Mad

I have re-written the slightly faded sign. Another delivery, D*L,  2 hours later, wrapped in plastic but left safely in porch! Smiley Happy

I've now been up over 2 hours and I'm still not dressed - or off the CBA bench- and I have a long 'to do' list before YD & her OH arrive. And wrapping delivered parcel isn't even on that list!!

That made me smile, JCJ Smiley Happy. Do you know for sure Mad Dog Lady isn't one of us???  Hope you got back to sleep  and feel much better now x

FF, spoon theory sounds intriguing.....do tell 😀

Community Champion

Hahahaha JCJ, she must have been reading our postsSmiley Happy!

No wonder your tummy is funny hee hee, was a smartypants obviously regarding eve's eve (not reading properly). After sitting on the "smug" bench for ages had to run to supermarket this morning, had FORGOTTEN something, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, at least I remembered today.

Sooooooooooooo for tonight's silent choir will be wearing a gold lycra bodysuit, scarlet tutu and nativity scene on my head. Mince pies and mulled wine and ofcourse the glitterberry juice, on the "yum, yum" bench!

tat & lavender hit the alligators as hard as you can cause we need them for the "aliburgers" xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Awake with stomach discomfort. Shouldn't have had that pork pie AND cheese, at the vineyard, for lunch. Not to mention the curry pickle. Or several mince pies, welsh cakes and chocolates this afternoon!! 

Anyway, I remembered something I meant to tell you. Something I saw going down our road. In fact I've seen her a few times in the last few days, and every time I laugh. You couldn't write it. Well, we can, and do, but this is where real life comes crashing into the virtual madness and takes you by surprise. You won't believe this, but honestly it is true: there's a lady who walks 3 dogs. But only 2 of them walk, on leads, pulling ahead. The third is in a walker, similar to KTC's 'chariot' but with 4 wheels, and it's pink! Yes, pink. Not only that but it is currently adorned with tinsel - presumably blinged up for Christmas - or has she heard about the chariot race??? The lady pushes the walker and the 2 dogs pull from the front, the third dog sits up looking like royalty, and they all career down the street. Hilarious, in the light of our recent Benchland madness!! :-) I think she may even be wearing knee highs - but no sign of a tiara!