62393members
328321posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

You are quite right Katy, daughter would have been referred for tests.  I was absolutely certain she was ok but you know the "what if, gremlin" that sits on your shoulder in the wee small hours!  Thanks for the hugs and I hope your Mother feels less itchy soon. How horrible that must be.  Hope you are feeling less tired now after your siesta.

Anyway, phoned her Drs this am, wouldn't take "no" for an answer (although receptionists tried hard to put me off) and refused to see the "stupid" Dr.  Finally got an appt this pm.  Left it as late as possible but had to tell daughter as I needed a note from her to give her Dr. permission to talk to me.  This threw her into total panic but I just left her with her husband and went.  Drove back from the Drs. breaking all speed limits to tell her in his words rather than mine that she is physically ok. She has calmed down considerably. Therefore, so have I!!

All we need to do now is get the underlying anxiety problem sorted.  The meds. will help and Dr. and I discussed ways forward and we have an appt. next week.  I haven't told her this yet as she'll worry about it and doesn't need to know until nearer the time.  

Hopefully " normal service will be resumed shortly".

Phoned school again and told them I would be late.  Hopefully they will never know that I will be as late as tomorrow!!!!!  As long as it's cleaned ready for Monday, who will know?

Community Champion

Move over Dame grumpy, The Duchess is after your VIP director's chair, in the paper???? wowee, pawtograph for me too pleaseSmiley Happy!

FF, just keep in mind if there was something serious, surely your daughter would have a barrage of tests etc?

Fingers crossed tabs start to work, such a shame, big, big hugs coming your way.

JCJ, mopping floors, what's wrong with you??

Geez that's a lot of swimming, how fantastic you are soooooooooo much better!

Had another calamity yesterday, Mum is allergic to some of her new pills, and is itching all over, doc had to be called, tabs and cream prescibed, hasn't settled yetSmiley Sad!

Was on the "exhausted" bench and slept all afternoon soooooooo tired...............xx

Community Champion

JCJ, yay, very pleased that my suggestion has been such a success. Sorry about the catch though.  Really happy that you are now eating and living life without effect.  Brilliant result to your op.

Trying to juggle daughter and work at the moment.  Have taken her with me for the last two days, yesterday the TA's were there but we made an excuse and I don't answer to them anyway.  Today I rang and said I'd be in late so there was no-one there.  Same excuse will work tomorrow.  Monday I will be able to speak to Senior Teacher and get things sorted out.  We are going just one day at a time but I, yes, ME (there's no-one else, her husband is wonderful but has his own difficulties) have got to get this under control.  So I have plans to speak to her Dr., with her permission, and learn the full facts but although I'm sure as I can be that she hasn't got this nasty disease.........then MY mind goes into overdrive and.........what if?

Thanks for letting me unload here girls and for your support, it means a lot. 

I want a pawtograph too!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

The Duchess is famous!!! Smiley Happy Can we have her pawtograph?

I not only had *proper* pasta bolognese for dinner, with *real* meat AND cheese, but I just swam 50 lengths AND I DON'T FEEL SICK!! WEEEHOOO! I'll just drink my tea on the grinning like a fool bench. Smiley Very Happy

I hope your daughter's meds are starting to have an effect, FF, and that she is calmer. x

HURRAY - Meg has got her name in the paper for her rosette at the show on Sunday!!!!

I'm so proud....

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Just popping in quickly to say thank you to FF for your brilliant storage suggestion. Telescopic mop and broom just been delivered from well known online kitchen shop. They fit perfectly in my boiler cupboard alongside my dustpan and brush. In order to get free postage, I also bought a spice rack - no more sweary rummaging in cupboard! Smiley Happy I am ludicrously happy about these small improvements! The mop & broom have now been banished from the living room, and yet I don't have to traipse to the garage to get them. Smiley Happy

No excuse for a filthy kitchen floor now! (Ah! There's always a catch?!) Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

aaaaah FF, that doesn't sound too good, what a shame, poor girl, such a worry for you and family, would it be possible to go back to doc and tell them how worried your daughter now is because of what he/she suggested??? Bad times, big, big hugs xx

We know where son gets his wit from JCJ, haha!

Lovely you have met girlfriend.

Had GS overnight on Mon, he's full of the cold so a little extra work this time, when his Mum ariived he started kissing her, huge slobbery kisses, couldn;t stop laughing, daughters face ended up very soggySmiley Happy!

Such a lovely moment, xx

PS nausea has almost stopped woo hoo, less than 2 weeks!!

Foxy did you have a dexa scan? they recommend Tamoxofen for anyone post menopause who has bone thinning as far as I know. Lorna x
Community Champion

"Bosom pals" indeed. you've got a budding comedian there JCJ.  Made me laugh.

Glad you like son's girlfriend.  So much better when you like your children's partners.

Community Champion

Daughter still not good but maybe a bit better.  Sunday was really because there was such good distraction going on with all the family together.  She is very dependant on me at the moment to the point that I've taken her to school with me the last two days and put her to work.  I can't leave her.  Something will have to be sorted but there's a way round everything and she comes before the job.  Still waiting for tablets to kick in, that should be at the weekend.  To be honest, I'm banking on that.  I hope they work!

I'm paying back now for her support of my during my bc treatment!  So glad that all this didn't happen a week earlier or I'd have missed MMU3!!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

PS. Forgot to tell you: ES asked me if I'd enjoyed meeting my *Bosom Pals* in Morecambe. I like it! Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I really can't believe that this time next week I'll be back at work! Where did all that time go? I wish 7 week half terms went as quickly as 7 weeks holiday!! Smiley Sad

ES been to visit today and we've actually met his girlfriend at last. They've been going out for over a year! I was strangely anxious about meeting this one, - I said to OH yesterday that I'd accept her, whatever, but it would be so much easier if I liked her. She is lovely and as bonkers as the rest of us! Smiley Happy 

The first thing she did was ask to see photos of the family. YD's OH did exactly the same thing the first time she was here. I asked YD if this was a Norfolk thing (both girls from Norfolk!) and she said they were checking for inbreeding! Tee hee!

Strangest coincidence this morning. I met up with a friend/ex colleague for coffee at a local garden centre, and during the course of the conversation I mentioned he woman who really ****** me off in hospital. Straight away, friend said, "Her name wasn't _________ was it?" It was only my friend's best friend's daughter's mother in law!! And yes, apparently she is a complete cow, so my instant decision about her was verified!!

Community Champion

Soooo glad FF, maybe a breakthrough, we all know the games the mind plays, such a shame it was suggested to your daughter in the first place...........if there was something very wrong she would be off for scans etc. Glad you looked up symptoms, fingers crossed, piece of mind for you all. And good you were all able to laugh.

Well done Meg, woo hoo rosettes everywhere in Benchland, special one for ASBO boy!

JCJ, how are you doing now? Glad your daughter's OH is home and resting.

Ali where are you off to?

Just sooooooo glad last week is finally over...........

Mum doing well, stitches come out of her head tomorrow.

YD is off on her hols.

She sat on my tv glasses and basically mangled them, took them to opticians and they were able to fix them, whew... then yesterday the screw fell out of my reading glasses...........grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr had to go back down to opticians, grrrrrrrrrr but all fixed and I can see again. xx

Rainy bank holiday, now there's a surprise. Packed yesterday for my holiday (Tuesday, Italy!!!) checked the long range weather forcast this morning, may need to add cardis and more waterproofs...

Community Champion

In the LOO??????  Made me laugh............. glad you like it and at least all your visitors will see it!    Good luck explaining the camels to them........... Well done to Meg and glad Joey behaved. 

Re Daughter:  although I didn't believe nasty diagnosis for a minute, there's always a what if.... isn't there? I was really hesitant to Google it just in case I was wrong and scared myself silly but then I thought I'd rather know so that I could help her.  So I braved the bullet and my mind was put at rest almost immediately.   I can see how she got it so wrong though. There are 10 early warning symtoms of this disease and she has NONE of them!  I told her this yesterday but she was having a really bad day and it wasn't getting through very well.  I googled again last night and found even more information against it. 

I told her this today, she was more receptive and she has been quite a bit better. We've had a family get together and have managed to have a good laugh.  It has done ME good to hear daughter almost her normal self at times. She has just needed constant reassurance that I was sure of my facts.  I hope this improvement continues.  Another week until tablets are supposed to kick in and that will help too.

Oh, by the way, new boiler not working, no hot water again! Plumber will be called on Tuesday!

Meg got a rosette at Grasmere Show, the judge was MOST complimentary!!! Joey didn't win anything but at least he didn't get disqualified for disruptive behaviour like last year. Perhaps the presence of a very tall police sergeant next to the show ring had something to do with it......

grumpy

Oh deary me - I do hope your daughter feels better in herself ........

My parcel arrived today, so the camel picture is in pride of place - in the loo!!!! Thankyou, it's lovely!

Grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad your daughter's problem is "just" mental/psychological. You had me worried for a bit there! However, I don't mean to belittle anxiety problems - or living with/caring for people who have them - (been there, got a different T-shirt for every day of the year!!)

Hopefully, the tablets will help her to calm down and stop exacerbating her back pain by tensing up with worry. Is she taking anti inflammatories? They would help too.

Don't apologise for "writing an essay", I hope "pouring it all out" has helped you to cope. Hugs.

There is a camel on my shelf and lurid pink laces hanging from my wardrobe door handle and they make me smile every time I look at them. Smiley Very Happy

Most of the camping stuff is now put away and I'm about to wash my hair in the shower (last time I washed it, it was in a teeny handbasin with a central tap that I could *just* get my head under. Nearly came up wearing it, several times, so I didn't do a particularly good job of rinsing. Looking forward to it being properly clean!! 

Community Champion

Yes, Katy, the meds for my daughter are supposed to alleviate her anxiety.  Hopefully they will kick in soon. Her stupid Dr. told her that her "original symptoms had rung alarm bells, although they DIDN'T fit the usual pattern " .  Then told her to come back if any more symptoms developed and not to worry!!!!   No further tests, no referrals, nothing!  Which clearly says to me there is nothing to worry about.  

As a family we are not concerned about her physical health, We know her symptoms fit just having hurt her back and caused a trapped nerve.  The positions that she gets herself into while lifting GD (1year old and pretty heavy now) into/out of car/onto pram wheels, it's no wonder she has had back spasms and trapped a nerve. After the bank holiday we will get her to either a osteopath or a chiropractor and hopefully that will fix her.  It's not a new thing, she has been to them before for back problems, 10 years ago when her middle daughter was in a car seat.  See a pattern there?  We can!  She can't!

Trouble is daughter "googled" and scared herself silly and can't get past it.  We all know the dangers of that!  Her husband has got next week off work so that will help her.  She feels better when she's with him. He's a love and so good with her. He's so calm and laid back that he relaxes her.

Today they have accepted an offer on their house, so if all goes through they will be moving shortly.  Although that will be stressfull in itself, it will probably take daughter's mind off things as she will be so busy.

Sorry to be writing an essay on this but it helps to be be sitting on "the pour it all out" bench.

Ali, I've suggested counselling  to her, but she's tried that before and thought the councellor was an "idiot" and is now a bit dubious but didn't say no, so we'll see.

Thanks for the hugs Katy, much needed. Glad you're feeling better for taking the meds at night.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Home now.
OH decided he'd had enough of camping/driving on unfamiliar roads/being away from home, so we packed up the tent at 11.30 this morning, while it was dry and we could take our time. (Paid until Sunday, so no need to rush off by 11am! )
I'm a bit annoyed, because it took me a ages to find a site we could stay on for the week, at such short notice, with the b.hol. There were several I could have booked if I knew we were leaving today!! But at least the site we were on was nice and peaceful with a good view.
I decided I'd rather come home and have longer to do all the stuff I still need to do before school starts again than insist on staying 'til Sunday (with him sulking? !)
YD'S OH'S op went ok yesterday. She's home now and managed the stairs to their first floor flat: Something we were all stressing about! She's got 4 weeks flat on her back.
FF I hope your daughter gets some answers soon.The waiting and imagining is always the worst part.

Oh dear, red wine on a work night. I shall regret this in the morning..

I have Katie, honest..... Smiley Wink

Oh FF that's terrible, poor daughter (and you). How long before she should get some results /diagnosis? Has she tried Mindfulness, that can help stop your thoughts wandering, or guided meditation (eg from a yoga teacher) x

Community Champion

Aaaah FF, that's not good, your poor daughter, so difficult to help when rational thoughts have disappeared, what did doc do? does she need tests etc? are meds anxiety related? Fingers and toes crossed for her and big hugs for you xx

Ali. STOP READINGSmiley Wink!!

Along to Mum's today then into town later, am all in a dither, don't know what I'm doing haha, better just sit on the "CBA" bench for the time being!

Meds are ok, much better since am taking at night time, nausea is a "b****" , at least mine is only for a couple of weeks, not like yours was JCJ xx

Community Champion

Both yesterday and just now I have written posts that seem to have been swallowed into the ether.  Totally p*****d off about it and just hope this one will get through.

Congratulations to your YD JCJ.  Guess you'll be shopping for "the hat" shortly.

Glad that your Mum is not too bad Katy, and that she is recovering.

Ali, thank your for the laugh about the psychiatrist.  I needed that.

Daughter is not in a good place, her anxiety about the more serious diagnosis is out of control. She has been prescribed tablets to help but they take time to kick in (about a fortnight we're told). I firmly believe that the simple diagnosis is the right one (so I'm not truly worried about her) but her mind has latched onto the serious one and she can't see past it.  She's not rational at the moment.  None of us can convince her differently at the moment.  Her GP needs to be shot for putting this into her mind. She went to accupucture yesterday and that has helped with her symptoms and she (the accupuncurist) said that daughter ought to complain about the GP and I will make sure that she does when she is feeling better.  

I still feel helpless but daughter says I help by just being there, chatting about something and nothing, so maybe that's my role.  Whilst I'm talking to her about nothing in particular she's not thinking about dire scenarios.

All my plans for this week have gone by the board but they'll keep and daughter is far more important.

The last ever Terry Pratchett book arrived today. Im supposed to be saving it for my holiday next week, but my will power is fading....just one page, one chapter....  Must... Resist....must.....res......oops

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali, I laughed out loud at the camels! Psychiatrist needed here now, according to the looks I got from fellow campers. Would definitely have been a straight jacket job if I'd explained what I was laughing at??!
Glad you're mum's not too much the worse for her flying attempt, Katy. Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Wonderful, JCJ, how lovely, congratulations to the happy coupleSmiley Happy!

Reasonably quiet day, ED and GS came for a quick visit, and I have just been resting in between, haha!

Well, Mum decided to get a taxi to the doctors (ironic or what??) it was school finishing time and it's difficult to actually get a taxi here at that time, she decided to go back around to her house, tripped and cracked her head against a small wall, was unconcious, ambulance phoned. Result stitches in the gaping wound on her head, steri strips on arm and hand and lots of bruising, amazingly nothing broken. She had a quiet day today too and said she felt pretty good, can't believe it, soooooooo happy she is reasonably fine considering.........

Congratulations to your son too Ali, 21? gosh that seems so long agoSmiley Wink xx

What a lot of news to catch up on! Family worries are the worst I think, they are so precious and falls and illnesses are such a worry. Hope everyone gets good news about mums, daughters and everyone else today. And an engagement! Wonderful, start planning that outfit now Smiley Wink

Camping....hmmm. I've had some lovely euro camp holidays in France and Italy, mostly in mobile homes but one was in a tent - does that count? I quite fancy those super luxurious glamping tents, but whenever I suggest it OH says "why don't we just stay in a nice hotel for the same money?" mind you he has a point Smiley Happy

Son turned 21 last week, we had a houseful of his uni friends. They were a lovely bunch, a couple of the lads stayed over and one said "I like your camels" YIKES!!!!!!!! Hump, Dink, you're imaginary, what are you up to now??? (and that sentence could probably keep a psychiatrist in business for years) anyway, he'd spotted my knitted camels. And the carved wooden one that was my Grandads. And the one we bought in Egypt. Phew Smiley Happy

Have a lovely day Benchies!

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad your mum's out of hospital. I assume no broken bones then? Anyone know what happened to her?

FF, I hope your daughter has had good news - or at least been reassured.

Talking of good news: just spoken to YD on phone. She asked me to get her dad and put on speaker phone, because she had "news"! She and her OH just got engaged! ! Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy
Community Champion

Mum safely back home, very bashed and bruised but happy to be out of hospital.

Hope your news is good too FF xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh dear! Family calamities! Fingers crossed for mum and daughter. Keep us posted. Will be thinking of you both/all!! <hugs> xx
Community Champion

Oh lawks Katy, your poor Mother and how worrying for you.  She's in the best place tonight to be looked after and I hope she is fine in the morning.  How worrying for you.

Daughter's husband will be going with her tomorrow, I shall probably be looking after the grandchildren and going slightly bonkers not knowing what is happening.

Will investigate the cheap shops for plastic trees.

Community Champion

Well have had some day.............took tab at night and felt sicky until around 2pm, started to feel better and decided to go into town. Just sauntered around and was in that famous underwear shop that does not get a mobile phone signal, came out of shop and checked my phone 2 missed calls, didn't recognise the number, mmmmmmm next thing a voicemail, Mum had fallen in the street and ambulance called. Taxi up to hospital, Mum covered in bruises, paper stitches both arms and an almighty gash on her head and swelling. She was very confused. After all stitches and cleaning up had been done she started to remember some things, she doesn't know what happened, she was found by binmen and she can't remember today at all. She is being kept in hospital overnight. ED came up to hos and burst into tears as soon as she saw Mum. Just now keeping fingers and toes crossed she's fine tonight and able to come home tomorrow. Such a shame after her birthdaySmiley Sad!

Camping is not for me either FF.

Glad you are having a good time JCJ apart from the weather, grrrrrrrrrr!!

Hope you daughter is fine FF, are you going with her?

Plastic trees, round ones and triangular ones in that cheap shop £14.99 to

£19.99 xx

Community Champion

so glad that your Mother enjoyed her birthday surpise party Katy.  Sorry that your tabs are making you feel rotten.  A good idea to take them at bedtime and sleep off the worst of it.

Oh, JCJ, I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt and absolutely hated it. Cheddar Gorge  approx.1988. Camping is not my idea of a holiday but I was talked into it by husband and friends. Friends were really into camping and they got husband enthused so I agreed eventually  Stipulations were that we got a trailer tent ( I was not sleeping on the ground for anyone!) and a gas heater ( I refuse to be cold!).  So we had several holidays under canvas, looking back they were mostly good I must admit but some in horrendous weather.  Friends still go camping now.

Daughter is having some health concerns at the moment and I have spent the day with her trying to convince her that the worst case scenario is not the most likely.  Many minor things are much more likely.  I am only slightly concerned about her but she has fastenened on to the worst possible diagnosis and has got herself into a total state. I shall be doing the same again tomorrow. but she has an appt. at 5.30 with someone who might alleviate her fears and/or reduce her her anxiety.  I feel awful that I can't help, I'm her Mother, I just want to kiss it better!  Or wave a magic wand!  

So lack of showers on campsite doesn't matter, just stand outside in the rain with soap and shampoo, then sit in the car to dry off!!!

No? not a good idea??? I'm only trying to be helpful...........

grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Psssst! There's a camel in my suitcase! (Not a euphemism! Smiley Very Happy)
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad the party went well. I hope the ickyness passes soon. I know how miserable it is to feel sick all the time.

We are settled into a lovely quiet campsite and the sun is shining. Smiley Happy Now I remember why I love camping. Wall to wall CBA benches!

However, the last 2 days I wasn't so sure a) why we do it and b) if I'd ever bother again: Sunday afternoon saw us putting up the tent in a gale. I trapped my finger in the pole clips - nothing serious, but I did manage to bleed all over the tent. Then we noticed a big tear in the tent - over the bedroom. Smiley Sad Found the repair kit and stuck sticky patches over the tear.

Then the rain came down! Oh did it rain! Stair rods. Thunder. Lightning. The works. We discovered we'd pitched in the lowest part of the field and were literally in a lake! Everything sodden (and so**ing - air was blue!)
Yesterday, we took the whole bl**dy lot down and moved 30ft up the field and put it all back up again. We have dried out and everything is lovely again. I don't feel sick, in spite of all the bending,(sorry KTC) but my legs are sooo stiff today!!
Nothing much planned except chillin out, enjoying the peace. May mosey into Thirsk later.
Hello Ali! *waves*

Community Champion

No Ali where are you? ? Have you been at the invisible ink recently, tee hee.
Mum's surprise birthday party went very well she was very happy to see everyone, balloons, cake and lots of presents!!
Oh my tabs are making me feel sooooo sick have decided to take them at bedtime so I can sleep through the sickness yuck fingers crossed it all calms down soon.
Pssst there's a camel on my book case x x

Hello!! Hello!!! Am I back, can you see me??? Smiley Happy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Don't panic if I don't post. I will be relying on car charger to charge phone and may not have signal on campsite either!!
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Katy, I hope the new tablets do their thing and you get over the SEs quickly.

I hope your mum is pleasantly surprised and enjoys her birthday celebrations.

Weather glorious today. Of course. We'll spend it packing, driving, putting up a tent and unpacking. That will be the end of the good weather? ! Still, at least we won't be putting the tent up in the rain......or.....perhaps I should not tempt fate? Smiley Tongue
Community Champion

53 emails, your VIP status is confirmed grumpySmiley Happy

Brilliant you are off somewhere else JCJ, let's hope weather is good, sunshine only!

FF in those cheaper shops they sell small trees that I think are plastic, around twenty pounds, will check next time am in shop.

Yesterday was day one of tab taking, oh dreary me...............had to go to bed late afternoon, they are prescribed with anti sickness tablets FF.Smiley Sad,

Mum's surprise get together today, birthday cake all round xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

The campsite is not far from Thirsk, so we may well visit the James Herriot museum. I loved his books. It will be something to do if (if?? - WHEN) it's raining.

FF, have you thought about filling some tubs with decorative stones (or soil with stones on top, to save money!!)? Or choose real plants that thrive on neglect: the pots outside this cottage have bracken in that looks quite decorative and I suspect they have seeded themselves. I know bracken/ferns grow very well at home all by themselves.

The weather was kind to us today: rain while we were CBAing about in the cottage this morning, but it stopped when we took a picnic to eat in the car in Dent Dale. Such a pretty place. We had a lovely walk. No rain. Smiley Happy

Really should finish packing. Got to be out of here by 10am.
Community Champion

Have been all over the internet looking for plastic plants.  Discovered that most artificial plants are silk so that's no good for outside.  Plastic ones are few and far between and those on offer are not what I want.  I did find one small tree which was perfect but it was £308!!  I could buy a real one for £30! So if I bought one and it died I could replace it 10 times and surely one of them would live?!

Very humid here today and we've just had an almighty thunderstorm which caused a power cut for about 15 minutes.  Unfortunately it hasn't done much to clear the air.  It is still humid and more thunderstorms are forecast.

Glad you've found somewhere to go next week JCJ. No children, that's definitely a good thing.  I'm just going to chill at home, I have been thinking about decorating my sitting room (bought the wallpaper 6 months ago) but I'm not sure I've got the energy required to actually do it. Time will tell.

At the James Herriot museum in Thirsk there is a statue of James in the garden ----- and it's brother to Eric, made by the same chap!!!!

glad everyone is home safe and well.

grumpy

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Campsite booked for a week from Sunday. No showers, (perhaps I will be casting smells after all?) Only hot & cold wash basins, but it's got space for us and it's adults only. No screaming children! Smiley Happy It's East of here so we won't have to go home via M6 (or any crazy route round/under/through Manchester! !)

Now just need the rain to stop!!

Arrived home, two loads of laundry, dogs fed, Hilda unpacked and 53 emails answered!!!!

Now on the glitterberry juice.....

Grumpy

Community Champion

Gardening?  Me?  No, my son and daughter-in-law have been doing the gardening today.  I have merely been watching them and providing refreshments!  The garden is now totally weed and bramble free and looks absolutely wonderful, although rather bigger and rather bare.  Son took all the rubbish and about a dozen unwanted pots to the tip.  They did however manage to make me rather ashamed of myself as it only took them about 2 hours, so I really feel that I should a) have done it myself and b) never let it get that bad.Smiley Embarassed  

I now have the desire to go out and buy plants/shrubs for the weed free tubs but being realistic I will only neglect them again and they will die.  Perhaps plastic flowers are the way to go?!  

Parcel of books did arrive, so between them and the World Championships on tv that is me sorted for the weekend.

Have replaced laces in trainers today, am waiting for darkness to test them out!

Katy, I hope those tablets do what they are supposed to do and if any side effects bother you, get something to counteract them.  

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Stupid stupid phone! Just reread my last night's post and thought: "KFC? WTF? Ah, it's supposed to be KTC"

Good luck with the new tabs, KTC, and I hope the arm swelling has gone down a bit now there's not so much tea in there. Smiley Tongue

Look carefully at all signage today - we want no more toilet mishaps. Teehee.