62379members
328276posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Community Champion

Re: stop feeling guilty, small rant (BENCHLAND)

Skin has calmed down, thank goodness, all back to normal.  Have no idea what set it off, don't think it was my "improvisations" at school as they haven't been anything I don't normally use at home. It's not been that bad for many years. Hopefully it won't happen again.

I have had a moment with the laundry today.  I don't usually separate stuff it all just goes in the machine on a mixed wash and that's it.  Today, however, I thought that new black jeans might run so left them out.  Never thought twice about new skirt......... and my white underwear is now pale blue.  It is not a disaster as actually it looks quite attractive as the lace on them is still white.  Bra is still cream on the outside but blue on the inside.  Other underwear has now got a blue gusset. Other clothes with white in them fortunately did not "take" the dye.   New skirt will be washed separately from now on.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ali, my onc was happy for me to stay on Tamoxifen, as the "better the devil you know" approach. I'm not quite post menopausal, but she said I could stay on Tamoxifen for next 7 years anyway (recommendations have  now "upped" the 5 years to 10 - who knows, by then it might be even longer??- I hope the research wasn't funded/influenced by the drug companies?!) She said we will review it annually, and only change if necessary.

Katy, I am having bacon, egg, mushrooms, new potatoes and beans (baked variety, I think) for my dinner as that is what OH has offered to cook. (He has a very limited repertoire!!). I'm feeling a bit light headed and wobbly today. I have stopped taking the painkillers as I don't seem to need them, but. tummy still bloated although not *quite* so windy today. No repercussions - yet- from anything I've eaten. Smiley Very Happy

FF, I hope your skin has calmed down. It wasn't caused by your "improvising" with the cleaning products at school was it? Smiley Tongue (or cheapskate management buying inferior, cheaper versions??)

2 weeks today we'll be BACK from MMU!! How did that come round so fast???

Community Champion

Yep headache gone woo hoo!!

Ali hope all goes well for you and will be interested to hear what they say about headaches, fingers and toes crossed.

FF, has your itch calmed down? and what are you reading now?

JCJ, hope you are doing well, what you having for tea tonight???

Had both grandchildren today as ED had to do a training day, both behaved well but Nannie is def feeling tired, sooooooooooooo a chippie tea tonightSmiley Happy!

We had sunshine today???? xx

JCJ you sound much brighter already Smiley Happy

Sensitive skin....yep, not as bad as yours FF but it's still a nuisance when something sets it off. I dread seeing the words 'new improved formula' on skin products I'm usually ok with....

Annual onc check up on Friday. Have a list to ask her about : headaches, getting worse, lasting longer. Occasional pain in other boob. New pigmented area on my face, friend says I must get it checked out. And should get the results of the Am I Menopausal blood test, not sure if Tam is the lesser of two evils. Smiley Wink

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

It's taken me all day, but I've finally managed to pluck up the courage and remove all 4 dressings and have a shower. I look like I've been mauled....by a chihuahua!! Smiley Tongue

I felt better for having got that out of the way, and it was lovely to be clean, but by the time I'd faught a fresh pair of the flippin anti-DVT socks back on, I'd worked up a sweat and needed another shower!

Rewarding myself by opening the box of Milk Tray bought for me by one of the kids at school. Smiley Happy. Had pizza (from out of freezer: It's been calling to me for months!) for my tea. OH suggested going to the chippy, but I've not got much appetite at the moment and didn't fancy it. I'll save that treat for a bit longer.

Going to watch the Bake Off now, that I recorded earlier. 

Community Champion

A general anaesthetic takes a while to wear off, JCJ  so no wonder you are on the have a little nap bench.  Just go with the flow....do what you feel like doing and rest when you need to.

No change to washing powder,soap or eating, just my stupid very sensitive skin having a moment I suppose as It has been better today. Nowhere near so itchy.  It flares up every now and again and I've never been able to identify a trigger.  30 years ago spent many hours with dermatologists and all they came up with was that I have sensitive skin.  I could have told them that!

Couldn't be bothered to go to school today, firmly sat on the CBA/reading a good book bench.  Will make up the time later.

Hope you are feeling better Katy.

Community Champion

Aaah you will feel tired JCJ, hopefully you will be much, much better very soon.

Have you now taken off dressing??

FF, are you still itchy? Have you changed washing powder, soap, eaten anything different from the norm?

Have been on the "feeling yucky" bench must be coming out in sympathy..............nasty headache, so am going to join you on the "tired" bench xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Trying to get off the scared bench to have a shower and remove dressings as instructed, but so far I've only got as far as the CBA bench and the JustHaveALittleNap bench. 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Mmmmmm cake! Mmmmmm cheese and chive dip with Pringles (other.....)!

Gallstone symptoms:

• pain
  • Excessive wind
  • Nausea

Post op laparoscopic cholecystectomy symptoms:

• Pain
  • Even more excessive wind
  • Nausea
  • Extreme tiredness

Was it worth it?

Hopefully these symptoms will be very temporary AND I can eat what I want (not that I've got much appetite yet!) Smiley Happy

JCJ I'm glad your op is over, here's to a speedy recovery! And hello to all Benchies - I'm sorry I'm dashing in and dashing out again... *waves* *goes back for cake from the shed* *leaves pringles and creamy cheese n chive dip in shed*

Community Champion

I am stuffed full of hot dogs and birthday cake.  I feel vaguely sick and it's all my own fault, no-one forced me but wow that cake was lovely.  Grandaughter had no idea what the occasion was but thoroughly enjoyed ripping up all the wrapping paper.......... and a five pound note that her Mother didn't rescue from the card quick enough!!!  Sellotape to the rescue.

Butter on the toast?  Carrot cake?  You are living dangerously JCJ Smiley Happy  Hopefully you will sleep well tonight in your own bed.  Think your decision about The Madlands is a sound one.

Cleaned all the carpets at school today, except the new ones which I just spot cleaned, so that's another job crossed off the list.  I kid you not, the water that I was throwing away was black and I DON'T mean dark grey.  I mean BLACK.  What that really means is that the carpets are not clean they are just cleaner than they were Smiley Sad I'm fast running out of time now so tomorrow it's on to the toilets, bleach and limescale remover to the fore.  Although to be honest they won't need too much doing as that is one job that I keep on top of whatever else may slide.

Today I've been itching all over arms, legs, back.  First noticed it this afternoon and it reminds me of the awful time I had thirty odd years ago when any part of my skin that touched anything itched and burned. Dermatologists were baffled.  It wore off after about a year but I hope it's not come back.  Ok at the moment.  If it happens again tomorrow I will be swallowing anti-histamines as if they are smarties.

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Home now. 2 weeks no lifting or driving. Yes it was keyhole. Gallbladder removed through navel!! 3 other small wounds, all sealed with soluble stitches so no follow up appointment required! Smiley Happy

Would have been given 4 week sick note, but not necessary, as off for 5 anyway!

A bit sore and very bloated - none of my clothes fit!! - as they pumped me full of gas to see what they were doing! Smiley Sad

Dr said "no restrictions on what you can eat although SOME people find large fatty meals cause them problems." Think I'll see how I go before deciding about The Madlands. I had *butter* on my toast this morning! Delicious! Carrot cake with my lunch! Such luxuries - I'll be sooo fat!! 

Community Champion

Didn't have to sign out, sign in??????

Thank goodness, that was really annoying........... xx

Community Champion

Woo hoo JCJ, homeward bound, hurrahSmiley Happy!

Not good you had a bad night hopefully you have turned a corner now.

Just been out for lunch to that place that only costs £4.95, it was yummy sooooooooooo have left some for you all in the shed, birthday cake too, woo hoo!!!

Gosh one year old it's amazing how quickly the time passes...............

FF, can you give me your number too please?? cause won't be able to find you at MMU3 haha!!! maybe that's the planSmiley Wink!

Have the dentists later for a check up, so will be breathing garlic over everyone! Yuck!

What happens with you now JCJ, can you eat normally or do you have to wait? Was it keyhole surgery? xx

Community Champion

So glad to hear from you JCJ.  Unfortunately didn't get text as I have a new number. ( I will pm you with it later on this week.)  Sorry about the dreadful night but pleased you're better today and going home.  YAY for going home.  I hope recovery is now the proverbial "uneventful".

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Lol, Stupid phone:*KTC* not KFC
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

FF, I was struggling to log in yesterday. Too groggy to fight it, so I texted you and KFC. Smiley Happy
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Yay! I logged in on silly phone! :-)
Terrible night last night. 1am obs revealed low oxygen so I had to sit up with tube in nose all night. Smiley Sad Alarms going off.
However, feel much better today and Drs just done their rounds: I'm going home! Smiley Happy
Community Champion

Youngest grandaughter one year old today!!  Where's that year gone?  Cake later on this afternoon.

I hope you are ok, just struggling to log in JCJ!!

Community Champion

Whew FF, soooooo glad your family is fine, what a worry though!

JCJ, hope it's all over for you xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

I seem to be missing out on all the new website fun! I've kept Benchland open on my tablet and can reply without logging in, out or shaking it all about! Haven't even had to change password like the email said I would. Am I on a different website/planet??

Time will tell. I may have to eat my words (and soon I won't even have to check they're low fat??! Smiley Happy ) I am not taking my tablet to Hosp tomorrow, so any posting will have to be done from my phone. If I go very quiet, it could just be that I'm struggling to log in!! 

Good grief, FF, worrying indeed! That's something I always dread hearing: that someone's been in an accident. Glad they're OK.

Community Champion

Thanks Katy seems we've got different problems but I've just asked to "reply to this thread" and it's done something different again and hasn't turned upside down, inside out, back to front.  Although I did have to sign in again.  I'll go with the flow......

Have had a very worrying last hour.  Daughter and three grandchildren driving back from Hertfordshire and I had a phone call from Son that they had had an accident.  Although we knew that they were still driving home so it couldn't be too bad, I am extremely relieved now to know that they ARE all home and safe. Just in a queue of traffic and the car behind rolled into them (looking at Stonehenge apparently instead of where they were going)

Community Champion

No FF, it comes up on the right page xx

Community Champion

Good luck tomorrow, JCJ, I hope all goes smoothly.  Will be thinking of you with everything crossed.  Flowers and grapes awaiting you in the Lost Plottery Shed.  Big hug from me too.

Sign out, sign in what a palaver.  Katy when you do that does the thread go from the newest post on page one to newest on page 457 or is that just me?  Very strange and I fail to see what is better about it!

Community Champion

All the very best for tomorrow JCJ, will be thinking of you. You will have plenty of rest over the next while so hopefully foot will get better quickly. If not I can push you in my chariot. Big hugs coming your way.

This sign out, sign in is really annoying, what was the improvement meant to be???????????? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

OH for goodness sake! Why did that post twice? 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Jittery bench. Should be cleaning the house because I don't know how incapacitated I'll be after tomorrow, but my foot hurts - another bout of metatarsalgia, I've had it before, just need anti inflammatories and rest, ice, compression, elevation until it goes away. Don't want to take AIs 'cause of surgery, so I'm resting it as much as possible. Stripped bed and done the ironing. Will get Sunday dinner later. That'll have to do! Smiley Tongue Ooh! It's ,hopefully, the last Sunday dinner where I'll have to make pathetic fat free gravy! Smiley Happy

No call from Hosp, so it seems I don't have to go for blood thinning injection tonight. Hope that won't be an issue tomorrow! Smiley Sad

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Jittery bench. Should be cleaning the house because I don't know how incapacitated I'll be after tomorrow, but my foot hurts - another bout of metatarsalgia, I've had it before, just need anti inflammatories and rest, ice, compression, elevation until it goes away. Don't want to take AIs 'cause of surgery, so I'm resting it as much as possible. Stripped bed and done the ironing. Will get Sunday dinner later. That'll have to do! Smiley Tongue Ooh! It's ,hooefully, the last Sunday dinner where I'll have to make pathetic fat free gravy! Smiley Happy

No call from Hosp, so it seems I don't have to go for blood thinning injection tonight. Hope that won't be an issue tomorrow! Smiley Sad

Community Champion

I can obviously get here, 'cos here I am but I'm having the same trouble as you Katy, in that in order to reply I have to log out and log in again.  I thought I had got it sorted but apparently not.  Oh well, log out,log in, not a problem.  Would help if I could remember password thoughSmiley Happy  

Have had trouble getting off the CBA bench today.  I did have plans for a food shop but in the end the comfy CBA bench and a good book won.  

School?  One more week to work.  Supplies have been returned to sender so I now have nothing to clean with!  I shall improvise.  (What ST etc. don't know won't bother them, I'm doing this for the children.) I am not overdoing it and there will be things that don't get done and you're right JCJ they won't notice.  However, I know that school is already a lot cleaner than it was and I've got another week so I think I will be happy at the end of next week. Carpet cleaning is on the agenda next.

Community Champion

Thank you Anna, everything works perfectly on my phone but on my laptop it says I'm signed in, can't post unless I log out then log in again.

Welcome Joyce Benchlander!!!

Fingers crossed it is Mon and by Mon evening it will all be over, let us know as soon as you can, big hugs to you.

FF hope you are finding your way.

grumpy your shoes probably disintegrated due to non stop rain.

Ali great you had fun, where are the camels???

Well, things didn't get much better daughter dropped her new phone in a basin of water..........phone soooo expensive had to claim on insurance, mmmmm!  She was really upset but things will be okSmiley Happy!

ED's partner's brother have a baby only 6 weeks younger than GS, was rushed into hospital with suspected meningitis. After lots of tests etc was confirmed, baby responding to treatment thank goodness so very worrying, kinda puts loss of phone into prospective xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Be careful with that googling, grumpy - you know the rules! Don't frighten you self and/or be conned into buying miracle cures! Smiley Tongue

Home now. Via hospital for pre-op bloods. What a farce. Asked me for my form. Told them I didn't have one as instructed to go for bloods BY PHONE. They faffed around trying to locate said form - getting my name wrong at every turn! - I am NOT, and never have been, "Joyce"!! Smiley Mad Eventually, they sent me to Day Surgery unit to fetch the form - as I should have been told to do in the first place. Had to walk past there to get to pathology dept! Doesn't fill one with confidence, eh?

Got home to await a call " between 4 and 5pm" with final admission instructions. (Geez! I'll be glad when all this waiting is over..... If it ever is!!) 10 missed "withheld" calls on landline phone. Hosp? Or cold callers? Only 1 message trying to sell me a boiler! 5:25pm comes and I'm starting to panic - what if they don't call? There's nobody in the admissions dept over the weekend? What do I do on Monday? What about my injection on Sunday??? Finally, I get a call at 5:30. Confirming Monday 7am admission (ooh er! But at least if it's morning that means a chance of not having to stay in overnight!) Starving from midnight. When asked about injection, I was told someone else would ring me about that.

10 minutes later; another call. Checking I'm still OK for surgery on Monday and checking I'd had my bloods done. This lady said I don't need the blood thinning injection! I told her that's not what Dr said!! We'll see if I get a call to go in Sunday night just to be stabbed and come home again.  

Now just need to distract myself over the weekend.......

Community Champion

Geez this is annoying or am I doing something wrong????

Have forum bookmarked and if I go through that it says I'm signed in, in reality I'm not so had to log out and go back to home page and sign in, then I can post.

Sooooooooooo have now lost Latest Posts and bookmarks, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! 

Will be back later when I'm calmer haha!!

Hope you got on ok JCJ xx

Hello girls -waves frantically - I'm here at last!!!!!!

What a palaver, hope it gets easier with time.

Naff weather here today, dogs miserable, clinic yesterday was OK ditto walk at Morecambe to check on Eric's new gardens, rheumatology says early osteo or early inflammatory arthur so bashing around on google is called for this evening, next job shopping/dog walk, then off to the consultation about the proposed Premier Inn (other budget hotels etc etc).

Sesible shoes fell apart in Scotland so having to wear SANDALS - in this weather!!

Chin up everyone

grumpy 

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Ooh! It seems we can post again! Smiley Happy

I always keep this page open in my browser - both on my tablet and desktop computer, so I've no idea what's changed. All working the same.

Lovely sunny day today, cool enough for walking but with pretty blue sky and fluffy white clouds. We had a lovely walk in the hills - or it was lovely until I started to feel a bit icky (which made me start fretting about monday and getting back in time for blood tests tomorrow) and my foot started hurting - pain in the ball of my left foot just between 2 biggest toes. I've had it before and it went away after a few days with elevation and ice, so that's what I'll do when I get home - employ the peas! 

Don't overdo it, FF, trying to get everything done before your holiday. What doesn't get done won't hurt anyone - and probably only you will notice!  

Community Champion

I'm confused.  Sometimes the forum is as I'm used to.  Sometimes it is upside down.  I'm trying to find my way around this, bear with me ladies.  Hopefully all will become clear soon.

Community Champion

Tried this to see if it worked, it has.

Community Champion

I wish I was more computer literate.  I've got here but I've had to go all round the houses.  There must have been an easier way and heaven knows what will happen next time.Smiley Happy

Ali - do NOT adopt the elephant!!  It is a bit worrying that you don't seem to know where those pesky camels are. They are probably causing mayhem somewhere.  Glad you enjoyed Barnham.

I know the weather has been dreadful lately but today I have done the washing, hung it out and it's dried. Just needs folding and putting away now.  Another heatwave was promised for end of July so..........

School?.........yes, well, went today and two members of staff there making a complete mess again. Aaaargh! They did however tidy up before they left thank goodness.  I've got a week and a day to work so I shall now have to be selective in what I can do.  Some things will just have to be left until Oct. half-term or even that holiday in December.(I'm not mentioning it, although yesterday I did buy something for it).

Hi katytc

There are still some issues being ironed out with the single sign-on migration and i think some users are experiencing difficulties signing in.  We are on the case and hope to have it solved early tomorrow morning.

I am so sorry that this is causing problems.

Best wishes

Anna 

Digital Community Officer

Community Champion

Hello, 

Is anyone there??? xx

Have had a lovely afternoon out today, I've been to see Barnum at the Hippodrome in Brum. Very enjoyable, go if you get chance! Went with my niece, she had a great time Smiley Happy

No camels, but there was an elephant.......

Community Champion

Yep no chatting tomorrow!!
Well yesterday decided to hang off till rain calmed down, finally stopped and off I went. Crossed one of the main roads and down it came......totally torrential grrrrrrrr!
I can't remember a summer being soooo bad ever. Came home with my new wii well, second hand one, did get a bargain so well pleased and GD will be happy!!
Am in bed cause was a little tired tonight and will try for a JCJ epic 10.40 indeed haha!!
Good you enjoyed your holiday grumpy despite weather blah,blah.
Hope you managed to get your supplies FF.
Not long now JCJ xx
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Armagh can't work out how to edit on phone version. That should have said *Hilda* not "Hold" B****y predictive text thinks it knows better than me Smiley Mad

Rain stayed away for most of today. Sunny, windy, cloudy walk in the hills. Smiley Happy
JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

You won't "proper chat" tomorrow, grumpy, only "proper read". Tomorrow is Thursday and BCC is working on the forum/website. Hope you had a good holiday, despite the midges, and that Hold a did her stuff! Smiley Happy

Back from hols - rather damp due to rain, and rather spotty due to midges on steroids. I think there must be training camps for kamikaze midges in Scotland, considering I was slathered in 'stuff'.....

Washer on, emails nearly all done, Joey happy to be home and Meg sucking her blankey, so early night methinks.

Proper chat tomorrow.

grumpy

Moved:

Community Champion

Yes, got the e-mail.  Nothing wrong with 10.40 when you're on holiday Smiley Happy  Glad you are enjoying your time away.

Hope nothing else goes wrong/breaks Katy.  Surely it can't be catching!

It hasn't rained here all day........that's a first for a whileSmiley Happy  It's not all that warm though.

Went to school today and found two of those cards that tell you that a delivery was attempted  but no-one there.  One for Friday ,one for yesterday.  Yep, that would be my cleaning supplies then.  I knew that would happen.  I have tried to e-mail my ST but I had to delete the first and second attempts before sending as far too strongly worded.  I shall hand write a draft and then type and send.  Or, second thoughts, maybe I won't..............

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Girls! Girls! Did you get the email? Forum is changing again. One log in for website and forum, but it means you can't post, only read, on Thursday. Just so you don't think it's you/your laptop/computer/device!! Smiley Happy

Yes m'lud, I plead guilty: 10:40am, but there were extenuating circumstances I'd like you to take into account: 2-hourly Ta'poxy'fen waking up for the previous 3 nights and still wide awake (see previous post for proof!) at 2:30am this morning!

There's been a few showers today, but we had a lovely stroll around beautiful gardens at a nearby place, in glorious sunshine!! We even had a picnic on a bench overlooking the River Wye. The rain stopped by the time we left the cottage and only started again when we got back in. Smiley Happy See: sometimes it helps to be a lazy layabout???! Smiley Tongue

Community Champion

10.40??????????

Wowee!!

Is that just you JCJ or is it everyone who has an op? xx

JCJ Community Champion
Community Champion

Apparently, Katy, Ta'poxy'fen increases the risk of blood clots, so I have to stop taking it for a week before and a week after op. I also have to have a blood thinning injection the day before the op and after it - but not, it seems, for 28 days like after my "boob job"! 

Drier today with some sun! But the people upstairs left yesterday so there was no herd of elephants stampeding about to wake me up. Slept in until 10:40am! Whoops! Soddit I'm on holiday! Smiley Very Happy

Community Champion

Ta"poxy"fen free, woo hoo!!

Why do you have to stop?

Must be the time for giant cakes, scones etc.............probably done to cheer us up after the most atrocious summer EVER???

YD home safe and sound, she really enjoyed it and has come home with money, that's a first.

Off into town later, wii is broken, oh dear and GD loves playing with me so will have to purchase another, just going to buy a secondhand one, our old laptop also gave up too, grrrrrrrrrrr, hope all the stuff that happened to you earlier FF isn't catchingSmiley Frustrated

It's not raining here YET! xx