I am on the plasmaMatch trial at Addenbrooks hospital, in my 3rd session. I got BC over 2 years ago, did surgery, chemo and radio at full blast (nearly killed me twice!). A tumour in my chest area broke through and inflammatory BC developed across my mesectamy scar. It is the most painfull thing and I am on painkillers all day/night.
My trial Dr said my last scan showed cancer was stable with no spread, but my right breast does now have a lump in it which is growing daily and the pain has upped a couple of gears.
I have asked to be referred back to an oncologist (recently moved and was cut off from my original hospital - Stevenage Hertfordshire WORST Hospital ever!) as I would like to see if there is any other options for me. I feel my trial team are mainly there to see what their drug is doing, not how I am doing..
Am very scared and cant seem to find anyone else on this trial with experience of side/effects or advise.
I have been on the plasmamatch trial for about 5 months. Unfortunately recent scans show that lesions in the liver have increased though lesions elsewhere had not progressed which was good news. I have now come off that trial this month. I have been put on weekly chemotherapy (taxol) three weeks on and one week off. I started last week and have had two doses - third one on Wednesday 27th. I am looking forward to the week off for a recovery space. I hope it will go well for you. Do let me know how things go.
All best wishes
Sorry that you havent received a response yet, I am sure someone will be along soon to support you. In the meantime, we have a private group on the Forum for women with secondary breast cancer, maybe you would like to consider joining?
In the meantime, I hope you have found information you are looking for, maybe talking with one of our specialists on the Helpline, 0808 800 6000?
Digital Community Officer
I’ve been on capecitabine for the past 2 1/2 years for liver & bone mets & has been stable until last week. I’ve just found out that I now have further lesions in liver & possibly skull (I’m waiting on head ct to confirm that). My oncologist was going to change treatment to faslodex, but on talking he mentioned I might be eligible for some clinical trials that are ongoing just now. I’ve received info about a trial using Faslodex + experimental drug GSK525762 but it’s only a phase 1-2, so very early experimental stages. It also lists a whole load of side effects which are very daunting. I don’t know what to do. I’m going on Thursday to speak to them & I’ve got apt with my own oncologist today as well. I’m just looking for as much info as possible before I make my decision. I’m otherwise healthy & lead an active life. I want something that is going to help me not make me ill. I don’t know what to do!!!!!!!