cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biopsy Results

7 REPLIES 7
Community Champion

Re: Biopsy Results

Hi, we’ve all been there. Secondary BC diagnosis is the pits, especially when the diagnosis arrives as you’re just finishing your treatment for primary BC, as it did for me. As my Onco told me, he’s got loads of tricks in his little black bag. I’m on Letrozole and Palbociclib . 75m of Palbociclib as I’m not very tolerant. Two weeks on, and two weeks off is my cycle. It knocked the stuffing out of me at first . Neutrophils kept crashing. Doing well now, and lung mets all stable. Hair and nails doing ok, but need cherishing . Skin needs pampering as it’s dry. Getting to the gym, doing my TaiChi , out and about as normal. Joints achy, but I’m 72, so that’s normal I guess. I’ll take whatever’s on offer. Good luck. X

I had some diarrhoea and gastro problems plus hair thinning but, from reading a US forum the dosage can be lowered and still be effective. I stayed on 125mgs as I didn't have any blood count problems. Anecdotally some patients have been on 75mgs.Hope this helps.

I have been on Palcibiblib for a year and a half. My hair has thinned and my white cell count is often low so I have to have breaks in treatment. Otherwise I’ve found it fine so far. Working full time and doing lots of things. Best wishes Anne 

@ Stillhere - did you experience any major side-effects from Palbociclib?

Stillhere - thankyou x

Hallo sLee, I am sorry that you are finding yourself in a dark place, you have had some intense treatment for secondary breast cancer so I'm not surprised that you feel it has been vain. SBC is a new ball game compared to primary. It has a habit of staying around hence why it is deemed incurable...BUT there really are lots of treatments to try for ER+ breast cancer and you are lucky to have been offered Palbociclib as this is only approved as a first line metastatic treatment on NHS. It is not a chemo really but a targeted treatment, I was lucky enough to have it on a trial and it worked for over 3 years for me.

You will probably have regression and progression of your cancer, all depending on what works for you. I have had secondary breast cancer for over 6 years after several local recurrences going back 10 years. In that time I have never had any pain or illness from my cancer, only in the treatments!! There are many, so take heart xx

Hi all of us are in the same boat and have felt the same when diagnosed especially if like me I never had breast cancer previously or like you have been through so much already. But after 2.5 yrs I am still here have good and bad days, get angry that I might not see my kids grow old or enjoy retirement but I am working , living and enjoying myself . I can only hope some sort of long term solution is round the corner but this forum helps . Love wendy x

Biopsy Results

Hi, I’m Shelley and am struggling with my recent biopsy results. I’m going to try and shrink my breast cancer journey so I can fit it all in here - last January I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer which had spread to my lymphnodes and vertebrae. I had 7 cycles of chemo and 15 sessions of radiotherapy and was put on tamoxifen and goserelin injections. January of this year I was given the good news that my scans were clear and I was in remission, however my mid-year scans last month showed nodules on my lungs on my CT so I was sent for a biopsy and was told the results yesterday, that the lymphnodes alongside my airway inbetween my lungs have cancerous cells and I also have a tiny nodule on my left lung. I am about to start chemo again in tablet form, Palbociclib, alongside a new hormone suppressive tablet that begins with L which I can’t remember the name. I start taking them on Monday. My initial thoughts and feelings didn’t really hit me until I got home yesterday and honestly? I feel angry. And lost. I thought maybe they had got my scans mixed up with someone else because this can’t be happening right now, I feel great, I don’t feel sick, I have no symptoms. I went through the harshest treatment last year with chemo almost killing me, but I got through it. Then the beginning of this year up until yesterday, I worked really hard on myself; building myself back up again from scratch. Meditating, praying, putting on weight, eating right, rebuilding my strength to begin to work-out again, looking after my hair helping it to grow back... I was finally starting to recognize myself in the mirror again. I looked like Me. And I worked so hard. So I’m angry and I’m confused and I’m afraid - I tried chemo and radiotherapy, I tried working on myself and taking care of my mindset, I’m even trying to get back to work... I have tried my best but it doesn’t feel good enough. Inbetween January to July this year cancerous cells have showed up, what’s to say this new medication will work? I don’t know what to believe in anymore. I feel like I am prolonging the inevitable. I don’t want to die, but I can’t have my hopes built up again for them to be stripped away.

Is there anyone who has felt this way? I have my Mother and two Sisters, but there is nothing they can say or do to change my situation. I don’t have anyone I can really talk to who truly understands.