1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Carolyn52

Re: Bone mets - please join in

I've been fine up to two weeks ago ..my scan a month ago showed stable ...so I can only assume its the denosumab injection ?
Everyone says the same about me taking more pain relief but I hate them !!
Hugs xxx
rosie53

Carolyn, I spelt the last drug wrong hun, lyrica.
Try not to read the PIL (patient information leaflet) not everyone gets the side effects, they are legally bound to report every side effect even if only 1 person suffers! Don't suffer with pain Carolyn (hahaha says me, I'm the worlds worst for not taking them).
Hugs janette xx
Carolyn52

Thanks for the info ..I really must get some pain relief in place as the Mets are causing a lot more pain.
I get scared by side effects on pills ..guaranteed I get them all !!! Sat in chair with hot water bottle on back ...heaven !!
Hugs xxx
rosie53

Hi Carolyn, I usually go for a 20/30 minute walk every evening, fortunately I don't need to use a stick!! I questioned walking with my onc at last appt, whether it will cause more and tare to my hips, she said walking is good but just know your limits! Carolyn, naproxen is a better drug to use than ibuprofen it's a kinder anti-inflamatory, I take omeprazole with mine and don't suffer any side effects. When you Google gabapentin also Google lyrical (pregabalin) they are both good for nerve pain.
Hugs janette xx
Carolyn52

Jeanette
Forgot to ask ...do you walk far with the hip Mets ? Use a stick ?
Carolyn52

Hiya waffles and Jeanette
Phew hip pain has moved to back today and although I've rested it ..it's very stiff.
Going to hospital tomorrow for bone juice and will question it before I have it as I just Wonder if its causing my pain .
I will Google gabapentin first and then ask for some. I was prescribed naproxen last year but had to take it with something else to protect stomach and the side effects were so scary .binned them !!
I like ibrubpren for joints but it doesn't like me and gives me heartburn ...paracetamal just makes me sweat and shake and codeine makes me constipated so need to now find something as apart from yesterday ..haven't took anything since xmas day !!!
Hugs xxx
rosie53

Hi waffles, how are you with the gabapentin? I was prescribed those last year but wouldn't take them as I've heard the side effects aren't very kind? I am really struggling with hip pain now, I'm never pain free but some days are better/worse than others! I'm a bit stubborn when it comes to taking painkillers, just take the usual paracetamol and naproxen and slap a heat patch on!!
Hugs janette xx
Waffles

Hi all,
Sorry some of you are being bothered by hip pain. I only tend to be bothered by that when I've overdone things or a few days after my denosumab jab.. Since I've been taking gabapentin I've had very few sciatica type hip pains which usef to bother me a lot. My District nurse got me an inflatable cushion called a 'repose' that is very comfy particularly when it isn't fully inflated. Has anyone else tried those. You can even get a mattress like that too if need be which might be helpful for some of you. Only problem is you can't let pets near them ss their claws would burst them. Best wishes. xxx
Carolyn52

Thanks Barton. Think I over did the walking at boot sale etc. Trouble is when I feel better I do too much ...be very worried if you tried eating the plant ..it's part of the cactus family I think.
Hugs xxx

Barton

So sorry to read everyone is getting nasty bone pains - I hope you all feel better soon. Sorry, too, Carolyn, I shouldn't have kept you talking so long on Sunday. Many thanks again for the lovely plant and chocs. Yum (not the plant!).

Hugs and best wishes. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Hiya Jeanette
Seems we are having the same gremlins . I can't lay on mine as I have the femur pin and bolts so no way. I tend to lay on the other side with a pillow.
I went to bed this afternoon with paracetamal to try to rest hip but its still playing up ..hope it goes as quickly as it started.
Yes the hips are both tender and niggle ..I think maybe it's the denosumab injection . I'm due another on Wednesday but am going to ask whether its normal to get bone pain .
I've had six now ...
Hugs xx
rosie53

Hi Carolyn, my hip is also giving me jip, hubby bless him slept in the spare room last night so I could have the bed to myself, I can never get comfy, I can no longer lay on my left side these days it's too painful. parts of my hip area are even sore to touch, is yours tender to touch?? Trying my best to not let the "worry gremlins" into my head!!

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hiya Jeanette
Yes been quiet here . Hope everyone is just feeling stable ..think I walked too much yesterday at boot sale and hip giving me a bit of jip today ...
Waiting for plumber ..again to fit more new kitchen taps ..hope he turns up !!
Got bone juice again Wednesday ..nurse been and done bloods this morning ..ouch one of the painful ones ..veins getting fed up I think.
Hugs xxxx
Carolyn52

Hiya Sharon
Sorry to hear u having a wobble and not feeling too good. Hope it passes and u feel better soon and can come down to Torquay soon again.
Hugs xxx
scratch

Hi pharmaceutical is big big business....yes its humid and stuffy here and raining ..iv not felt great the last few days .got antibiotics and my ct scan Friday..hope all doing ok..sharonxxx
rosie53

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing okay, it's been very quiet on the boney thread today?
Well our weather here is rubbish, it hasn't stopped raining alllllll day!!! Makes you feel so miserable.
Take care hugs Janette xx
Jane Myers

Carolyn52

Yes ladies ..the men love their sport ..aagh can't stand any of it !!
Roll on tomorrow when I can watch the soaps again !!
Yes statins are in the news again ...3p a day they cost and its about time it was decided if they r a help ..save the nhs a fortune from expensive cancer drugs .
Hugs xxxx
scratch

Hi all..just to day statins has been In the paper before and discussed on This website.i remember someone's Dr saying she could take it as it wouldn't do her any harm....I would like to know more if it does work..but then I suppose pharmaceutical company's wouldn't like it ..also asparin has been discussed.them you never hear anymore about it
.take care sharon😊 x
Waffles

Hi Carolyn,
I don't mind watching a bit of footie now and again but my hubbie is a fanatic and has watched every single evening and weekend match. I'm sure I'll enjoy tonights final but looking forward to normal service being resumed tomorrow. xxx
LouBoo

We've had nothing but sport today - Grand Prix, Wimbledon, Tour de France, and now waiting for the Football!!!  Think I might go and pour myself a large glass of red, and start the book club book for mid September - I love reading but am not the fastest of page turners!!!

xx

Carolyn52

Hello ladies
Hope u have all enjoyed the sunshine today and got some healthy vitamin d. ...
I went boot sale this morning again and a trip to Sainsburys for some choc.
Well..expect to hear from u all if your hubbys r all going to watch the footy tonight ..boo hoo thank goodness its going to b over.
Hugs
Carolyn52

Thanks Jeanette
Will Google as I've bought the daily mail and my hubbys comic ..the Sun!!
I wouldn't mind taking statins ..hubs been taking them for years ..no side effects .can cope with that !!
Xxx
rosie53

Hi ladies, just a quicky, just been reading an article in the Daily Express about statins and cancer quite an interesting read, I'm going to go and buy a copy to take with me on my appt later this month to show my onc. They are saying statins could play a role in hormone sensitive breast cancer? ????

Just thought I'd fill you in ladies, hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hiya everyone.
Jeanette ..glad u had a good night out with your daughter ..I will wait and c yr tat on photo gallery.
Louise..I would say if u r having a tat ..go ahead sooner rather than later as if u have chemo booked ..u can't have one because of infection etc.
I'm toying with another but to b honest with blood tests and bone inj ..don't know if I want more needles !!! Wuss.that I am.
Think if I hit 70 ...will have a big one on my back and say f ..k u cancer or something as its still six years away and would b a big celebration to make it.!!!
Dog sitting sons dog today ..bless his boxer paws and he's constipated so lawn will b pleased. ! Xxxx
rosie53

Morning ladies. 

Hi Louise, Ab Fab was good but maybe quite as funny as I was expecting, had a good evening with my daughter though we went for food at Bella Italia first and shared a bottle of wine so was nice spending time with her. Menopausal sweats.....I have found coffee /alcohol and spicey food make them worse  (omg I sound like a lush mentioned alcohol twice just in this post!) I treat myself to a few glasses of wine at the weekend, and only have a coffee in the morning  (don't like tea) I'm not a big hot drinker I prefer to just drink water. 

Hi Carolyn, yes I've picked the tatt I'm having, if you Google "infinity tattoos" that's the type I've gone for with my hubby's, son and daughters initials through the middle! I'll post a pic on the photo gallery when I've had it done.

Hope everyone is doing okay, have a lovely weekend Hugs Janette xxxx 

LouBoo

I feel the same Carolyn - haven't got a tattoo, but quite like the thought of one now!  I love yours Helen.

Btw Natalie - was Ab Fab any good?

xxx

Carolyn52

Wow Jeanette
U don't hang about ..all booked so quickly !
I don't know about Manchester but the tat
Parlours here are booked solid !
They must do a huge trade. Have u decided exactly what u r having?
Now I want another one ..didn't think about it until u mentioned it !!
Xx
LouBoo

Thanks Natalie - mine wouldn't work at all yesterday, but I read the new guidelines on the updated forum and.... hey presto!!

It's Sorrento we're off to - haven't been before so looking forward to it!  Got my first Zoladex injection before then, so could be suffering with hot flushes in a major way!!  Anyone got any helpful hints on how to deal with menopause side effects?!!

Louise xx

rosie53

Hi Louise, just to let you know that "your test" was successful......but it won't let me reply now!!!😀 don't know why? I've sent them before??

Hugs Janette xxxx 

rosie53

Hey Carolyn, more positively please Mrs!!! You shall be here to have your 70th birthday tattoo!  I've booked in for mine today for the 20th 😉

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

funnyface
Community Champion

No tats here!!! Don't mind them on other people but not in me! Never even liked the fake ones as a kid. I would scrub them off. I felt like I was dirty with them on.FF

Carolyn52

Hiya Jeanette
Tattoo

I was always going to have another on my 70th birthday but as that's six years away and unless they find the magic bullet treatment I might have to have another sooner !!
Might go for a porky pig as that's what I am !!

Hope everyone is enjoying the new site and finding everything ok.
Hugs xxx
rosie53

Oh Helen that is really nice! I do have one already at the base of my back, had it done back in 2001 it's a pretty one with flowers, would have liked to have their initial's around that one but I have mets on my spine so that's a no go!! Hhmm I can feel a trip to the tattoo parlour coming on!
Thanks for sharing that with us Helen.
Hugs janette xx
julzd

Hi ladies I haven't ironed property since my opp last year just do bits but I love to put the iron board up in front of TV too Janette. Hope you all have lovely holidays I'm afraid to fly I need to get a grip after going through all this you'd think I'd be scared of nothing lol x x
HelenAquarius

Tattoos.. Top of my bucket list when I got dx with secondaries. I wanted something dainty and including my kids' initials and mine. So it's in the shape of a heart and has a C, a T and an H plus a small heart which I am going to get coloured in. Sorry it's upside down! I love it and my kids do too. I also got a small one with my partners initial and a heartt in a more private place 🙂 Quite addictive and I fancy another one. :-))

image.jpg

rosie53

Morning ladies. 

Louise, aww Italy you lucky thing,  Italy is on my hit list, what part of are going to? I believe Sicilly is beautiful? I might have to wait until next year though, already booked to go to Cyprus in sept and gran canaria at Christmas. 

Believe it or not I quite enjoy ironing 😊I do it in my bedroom and put the TV I actually find it quite therapeutic!!....weirdo 😁

Slept rubbish last night, my hip wanted to play up! Off for my injections shortly. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hello Louise
Well you will fit in on this thread as you love shopping too ...we all say its one of the good side effects of our treatment !! Splash the cash is the best therapy ever !!
I tend to tumble dry more in winter and peg out in Sumner but then it needs ironing !' !
LouBoo

Hey Julzd and Janette

I don't do ANY ironing - everything goes in the tumble dryer, gets taken out, when still warm, folded and put away before I've even thought about getting out the ironing board!!!!  Booked a week away in Italy, for early August, have just ordered a pile of new clothes from my Next directory - ooops!  More washing, but no more ironing!!

Join the revolution!!

Louise xx

Mrstimps

Thanks have found it now x
Carolyn52

I think if you go back to May postings on this thread .you will find it ..I remember the lovely lady that posted a lot of helpful things.
Mrstimps

Hi everyone, a while ago someone posted about using frankencence oil, my moms looking into using it but not sure what to get or mix it with, can any help please?

Hope everyone's doing well, weathers gone miserable in salisbury - had our 48 hours of summer 🙂

X
scratch

Natalie buy a nice necklace with their initials or a bracelet engraved with their names ..xx❤ sharon😊
scratch

Natalie I dont like tattoo s. But I have seen some nice delicate ones on people..x just remember more needles 😊.xx
Carolyn52

Hiya Jeanette
Tattoos are very much personal choice really.
I had Winnie the poo done on my top arm for my 40th birthday.
Tweety pie on my back for my 50th birthday.
Betty boop ( holding a pink breasr care ribbon) on lower arm for my 60th birthday .
Just remember you can't have on the arm of your op ..lymph glands and all that.
Hugs xxc
rosie53

Now then ladies, what are your thoughts on tattoos?? Keep toying whether or not to have a little tattoo on the inside of my wrist,  want to have hubby's and the kids initials  (NSN) only done very dainty and pretty, hubby doesn't mind but son and daughter really don't care for them!!....decisions decisions??

Janette xxxx 

rosie53

Well I decided to attack my wardrobes and the the spare room, sorted loads of stuff of charity and made lots more room.....no more crinkled clothes! 😀 didn't get the ironing done though!!

Just relaxing now with a cuppa, zoladex and denosumab tomorrow.....poor belly!!!

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hello jultz and Jeanette
Well shake a... leg and get the ironing done ..I did mine yesterday ..hate it but don't like crumpled stuff.always more with summer things too.
Was planning to have dinner at sainsburys but passed greggs and that seemed the better option. Yum.
Hope u enjoy film ..I promised grandkids I would take them to see Ghostbusters in hols.
Hugs xxxx
julzd

Hi janette I'm bored too got loads to do but can't be bothered I've got a splitting headache today suppose I better get ironing board out too ❤❤
rosie53

Hi Carolyn, how's you?? I'm bored today 😡could find plenty of house work to do but can't be bothered!  I'm going out for tea with my daughter later and then to the cinema to watch Ab Fab so that should be good.....at least I don't have to watch boring football! 

Well off to get the ironing board out suppose I should make the effort 😊

Hugs Janette xxxx