338048posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Ff the treatments iv had....fec .radiotherapy five years tamoxifen. Then sec 2013..capecitabine radiotherapy ..for about a year..then...letrozole for while..then docetaxol for six rounds..then examastane..for four months.now erubulin..sharon😻

Sharon, I'm really sorry to hear your news, I echo what the other ladies have already said though, don't give up hope  (easy for me to say!) Stay strong, there are lots of treatments out there. 

Sending you a huge cyber (((((hug)))))

Janette xxxxxxx  

I suppose Il just have to wait and see.after scan.....pray erubulin does something..il just have to wait and see now...hormones dont really work for me anymore..she said every time we have a treatment cancer cells more resistant.like weeds.xx.i cant ask for trials now as she wants me on erubulin.my heads spinning.xx😻
Community Champion

Sorry to hear your news Sharon

Hopefully your scan will show good results it is so disheartening when oncs talk in a negative way. As Carolyn suggests why not ask about trials maybe you could be eligible for one of these. 

Sending you loads of (((((((((hugs)))))))))) and love xxx

Community Champion

Oh  Sharon, of course you are scared, I  think any of us would be but don't despair, the scans may show that it's been working, there may be different options, are you hormone positive? I  know of women who have successfully revisited hormone treatments. A  second opinion can always be sought and that might bring fresh eyes and new ideas about possible other treatments/trials. Don't lose hope my lovely. Sending you a huge hug and loads of strength xx

Ps ..Sharon
Have u asked about clinical trials for IBRANCE as I thought there is a couple running for patients that have failed chemo and hormonal treatments especially in the bigger hospitals ?
Just a thought xxx

Sharon
I don't really know what to say but you have been through so much lately ..I know you are doing it for your family but maybe it's time to call them together and explain how you feel ..you need to have some quality of life ..even to pop to the shops or go out for lunch etc.
we are all swimming in the same direction with this horrid disease.
Let's hope the eribulin might start kicking in though and give you better health.
Sending every hug possible to you

Carolyn xx💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛
Community Champion

Sharon, I would be scared too! Refresh me, have you been through many chemos? Do you want to quit treatments? How about a second opinion? Only you know how you feel! Gentle Hugs! Hoping your scan shows improvement. FF

Hi all just been to oncologist..iv had two cycles of erubulin and feel weak.anyway after no three I will have scan and she will then decide.if no improvements I will be coming off treatments her words ...im very scared now...any advice please.x😻
Community Champion

Hi Mo 

Just off to the hospital in a few mins I cannot believe how well I feel I have slept well no pain it's all unbelievable hope it lasts if last week was anything to go by it won't last.

I am on Paclitaxel (Taxol) I must admit I don't have confidence in it but it seemed best of the three. Time will tell.

Love and (((hugs))) to all xxx

Marirose, Pleased to read that you were feeling really well today. Good luck with your 2nd cycle tomorrow (I've forgotton what you are having now). Hopefully your body will slowly get used to being messed about and so less post cycle pain. Take care,

mo              xxx

Ha ha FF ...I award you the first ever trophy for tidy table ..be proud !!!!
☺☺☺😊
Community Champion

Table clean!

Hello funny face
You are putting me to shame ..didn't get up to 9.30 ..sat on my decking in pjs drinking coffee for ages so the witching hour went by ...shower and full make up by 12 is better than nothing !!!
Sods law ..when you are in your cleaning finery ..u will get the world and his wife popping in for a coffee !! Always in my world
Hope u have decluttered the dining table ..mine's still clear after a month ..don't know how I managed it.
Carolyn xxx
Ps ..just looked ...hubby has just brought washing in ..so there's a washing basket of knickers and socks on it now ..not for long !!
Community Champion

Carolyn, Almost 10 here the OK witching hour! Guess I'm going to melt or go poof! I have the music on, big old over sized sweat shirt and cleaning away. It's my favorite cleaning outfit. Hope nobody stops by!

Marirose
Gosh yes forgot its weekly ..you don't get much time to recover in between. I hope u keep your hair though ..we women being women like to keep some dignity but hey ho ..RED ..sounds exciting . Looking at breakfast tv this morning ..Silver is the thing this season ....boots, shoes, skirts trousers etc .May be a wig ??? Not keen on looking like something from star trek though!
Hugs xxxx
Community Champion

Thanks for asking Carolyn

I feel really well today tomorrow is my 2nd cycle i have just got back from getting my bloods done. I seem to be getting more joint pain and muscle pain 2 days after treatment lst week I couldn't walk at all well but mobilty came back at the weekend. But some of that could also be down to MS it may not like the chemo messing up the muscles.I have not used any electric on my hair and all seems well up to now but tomorows cycle is when it is supposed to wave goodbye we will see I am still going to get a wig though my hubby wants me to become a red head I mean RED (in his dreams I'm not having that he can have the temper that goes with red heads though)

Well onwards and upwards love and (((hugs))) to all  xxx 

Thanks Jeanette ..I'm such a wuss ..as up til I got the secondaries I never even took a paracetamol !!
Marirose
How are you feeling after your first chemo? Hopefully it will give those rogue cells some welly .
Xxxx
Community Champion

should have put 4 years

Community Champion

Hi Carolyn

I have never stopped having my flue jab been on Denosumab nearly years no trouble.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Hi Carolyn, can't see there being a problem, I had my flu jab last Wednesday I'm due to have my denosumab on Friday.
Hugs Janette xx

Silly question from a numpty
Just heard having my flu injection just two days after denosumab? Do u think this is safe ? I get worried about clashing of drugs as if anyone is going to get trouble ..it will b me .
Xxx

Ha ha Barton
I have two shelves beside my arm chair with my " things" handy too..and my secret stash of choc !!
Ladies are being very coy about their dining tables ..

Hope everyone is doing OK (hope you are enjoying being at home, Sharon!).

My dumping ground is not the dining table - it's the seat beside me on the sofa! My sister hates the way I let junk accumulate there, but it means it's all handy when I want something. I do generally have a bit of a tidy up when visitors are coming (people who just drop in without notification have to take it as it is!). So, dining table totally clear!

Hugs. Barton.x

FF. .you are the only one to own up to the dining table clutter so far ..surely it's more of a problem than just us !!! It's been a month now with only a potted plant on mine ..don't know how long it will last !!
Oh the dog sitting of our " grand-dogs" ..yes we do that as well during the week for our son's ..Ted is a boxer and its like cleaning up after a slug with his trail of slobber and scooby- doo is a black lab and its a wonder he's not bald with the hair he leaves here !!
Now it's only the two of us ..honestly thought my house would be clean, sparkling and like a glossy mag picture ..but it's what u call lived in !!
Carolyn xxx
Community Champion

Thank you Janette, Sharon and Carolyn. 

Community Champion

My dining table is the dumping ground when I come home from work! My job working with the dementia clients at the senior center means I create a lot of fun activities. This means I'm always carrying things in and out. When I get home I'm exhausted, so I drop it all there! Since I only work 3 days, I can clean it up the very next day when I'm off. Well, That's what I'm supposed to do, until something  else happens! I now have a mess! Pirate stuff from murder mystery, Western day decorations, left over papers to wrap hobbies in, and starting to work on Oktoberfest. Today when my children pick up their pets, clean up is the plan. Lol right now I have four dogs here and if I move I look like the Pied Piper with my followers!! 

FF
Well done for the weight loss ..I wish I could be so disciplined with cake and choc. Not fussed on posh nosh though like simple food these days.
Now with winter coming ..going to make stir frys and casseroles more ..ha ha . One thing I am doing is adding turmeric to my food more so a little healthy in my world!!
I thing the starting point for me is to stop buying leggings with elastic waists as it hides the fact I'm a heffer !! Oink oink. 🐷🐷🐷

Hiya Jeanette
Wow ..so proud of u doing some serious retail therapy.
Dining tables:during the Summer when g/s was here mine was cluttered with all his bits so for over a month we have a "keep the Damn dining table clear"
Right ladies
Look at your table now ...what's on it ? How many can keep it clear and not a dumping ground for everything ? Or a coat hanging on the back of a chair maybe ?
Come on fess up ....
Xxx

Hi well done ff.keep it up.😊..natalie table for Xmas dinner😂 xsharon😻

Morning ladies.
FF, well done you! And what a great idea making one new change each week, that way your slowly introducing a new healthy lifestyle.
Carolyn, you'll be proud of me......I went to see the EARLY Christmas display at a lovely housy store near us and came home with a new dining suite! 😆
Hope everyone is doing okay.
Hugs Janette xxxx
Community Champion

Stoke! I've been exercising  for 7 weeks and other changes. I make one small change every Monday and then must continue with it. I have lost 1 1/4 stone. Some of my changes have been add another exercise, increase each one by 2, no soda before noon, must get out of chair once per hour, drink 6 cups of liquid (1/2 must be water). My change this past week was the water. This past week  I also decided to get strict for a week. Breakfast and lunch were to be uniform every day, dinner was back to basics! Breakfast was yogurt every day, lunch was a salad, grapes, and 2 oz of cheddar cheese. Dinner was a small portion of meat, lots of veggies, a startch. No snacks and no seconds allowed. Practicing get away from the table. It was rough because hubby made a home made cake! It is in a long cake pan with a slide on metal lid. I can't see the cake and told myself don't even open that lid! I haven't even had a crumb. All this paid off because I lost 5 lbs so far this week. Trying to come up with a change for next week. I feel stronger all over. Also when J started I couldn't do one sit up. I am up to 15!!

Hate predictive texting ladies too. When I type ducks it changes it to dicks as I found out on another thread !!
Xxxxc

Avrelia meant love Sharon .predictive text😊

Thanks avrelia ..good song choice.live Sharon.😻
Highlighted

Dear Sharon, this is especially for you!!! Sing it any time whne you are down,,  that is the song which is encouraging me. Hope that such type of links can be posted in this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkACVDFmeg

Hugs

Thanks everyone glad I went thru with chemo...❤

Just wondering if some people knew or can get..my Southend theatres give buy one get one free ticket if you fill out a form and show proof of pip...cant just be a local thing...i love shows and always went .the last three years since pip iv used it many times.xx..

Sharon.
Thanks for that ..Torquay is only about 30 mins away ..will check the dates etc.
Xxxx

Sharon.
We are all holding hands for you, sending our love and hugs ...
Hoping chemo doc is right and u will b able to be a lady that lunches again and enjoy some retail therapy.
Xxxx

Caroyln sunny afternoon.is on at the princess theatre Torquay in October..if you do go get about the eighth row as the stage is set up into the audience.and if you were at the front you would miss some of it.xxsharon

Hi Carolyn stresshead.ff.Natalie marirose and anyone else iv missed.spoke to Dr at chemo unit.my bloods platelets etc were good.she said its the whole package making me suffer.and if i can get thru next two weeks may feel better..so I had it done.got home about five tonite.she also made me appt with oncologist next week

Take care all.sharon.😻 x

Sharon.
How did u get on at hospital today? Hope u r feeling a bit stronger.
Xxxx☺☺

Sharon, just wanted to echo what the others have said. You have been through so much lately maybe you have to give it more time. I have had a chemo break enforced on me and i have to say i feel so much better than i did..i dont know though whetherbnits de to that or the fact that i had been so ill previous to that. We are all behind you whatever your decision. Much love. xxx

Sharon, just wanted to echo what the others have said. You have been through so much lately maybe you have to give it more time. I have had a chemo break enforced on me and i have to say i feel so much better than i did..i dont know though whetherbnits de to that or the fact that i had been so ill previous to that. We are all behind you whatever your decision. Much love. xx

Morning ladies. 

Hi Sharon, so sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, you really have been through the mill lately, and it's no surprise that you are down! Stay strong, all your "cyber friends" are behind you holding your hand. 

Hugs  (((()))) Janette xxxx 

Community Champion

Sharon, Some times it can take a few doses before you learn how to counter act all the side effects.It would be good to talk with the professionals for advice. Be careful not to throw in the towel too soon, maybe it can be sorted. Only you know how you feel, all we can do is encourage you! Hang  in there! Hugs and hoping you can get turned around! FF

Oh dear Sharon, so sorry you are feeling so u well. You have had 2 bouts in hospital recently so maybe you are still recovering from those?
Ask if they can perhaps reduce your dose?
But completely understand if you come off it, pointless doing it and feeling so awful.
Fingers and toes crossed you get better.

Sending virtual flowers chocolate and gin xxx

Community Champion

Dear Sharon

So sorry to hear you are feeling so down I do hope you get some satisfaction at the hospital tomorrow. The Macmillian nurse is insensitive surely she could have given you an appointment on the phone.

Sending you loads of (((((hugs))))) xxx