cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Hiya Jeanette
Wow ..so proud of u doing some serious retail therapy.
Dining tables:during the Summer when g/s was here mine was cluttered with all his bits so for over a month we have a "keep the Damn dining table clear"
Right ladies
Look at your table now ...what's on it ? How many can keep it clear and not a dumping ground for everything ? Or a coat hanging on the back of a chair maybe ?
Come on fess up ....
Xxx
Highlighted

Hi well done ff.keep it up.😊..natalie table for Xmas dinner😂 xsharon😻
Highlighted

Morning ladies.
FF, well done you! And what a great idea making one new change each week, that way your slowly introducing a new healthy lifestyle.
Carolyn, you'll be proud of me......I went to see the EARLY Christmas display at a lovely housy store near us and came home with a new dining suite! 😆
Hope everyone is doing okay.
Hugs Janette xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Stoke! I've been exercising  for 7 weeks and other changes. I make one small change every Monday and then must continue with it. I have lost 1 1/4 stone. Some of my changes have been add another exercise, increase each one by 2, no soda before noon, must get out of chair once per hour, drink 6 cups of liquid (1/2 must be water). My change this past week was the water. This past week  I also decided to get strict for a week. Breakfast and lunch were to be uniform every day, dinner was back to basics! Breakfast was yogurt every day, lunch was a salad, grapes, and 2 oz of cheddar cheese. Dinner was a small portion of meat, lots of veggies, a startch. No snacks and no seconds allowed. Practicing get away from the table. It was rough because hubby made a home made cake! It is in a long cake pan with a slide on metal lid. I can't see the cake and told myself don't even open that lid! I haven't even had a crumb. All this paid off because I lost 5 lbs so far this week. Trying to come up with a change for next week. I feel stronger all over. Also when J started I couldn't do one sit up. I am up to 15!!

Highlighted

Hate predictive texting ladies too. When I type ducks it changes it to dicks as I found out on another thread !!
Xxxxc
Highlighted

Avrelia meant love Sharon .predictive text😊
Highlighted

Thanks avrelia ..good song choice.live Sharon.😻
Highlighted

Dear Sharon, this is especially for you!!! Sing it any time whne you are down,,  that is the song which is encouraging me. Hope that such type of links can be posted in this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYkACVDFmeg

Hugs

Highlighted

Thanks everyone glad I went thru with chemo...❤
Highlighted

Just wondering if some people knew or can get..my Southend theatres give buy one get one free ticket if you fill out a form and show proof of pip...cant just be a local thing...i love shows and always went .the last three years since pip iv used it many times.xx..
Highlighted

Sharon.
Thanks for that ..Torquay is only about 30 mins away ..will check the dates etc.
Xxxx
Highlighted

Sharon.
We are all holding hands for you, sending our love and hugs ...
Hoping chemo doc is right and u will b able to be a lady that lunches again and enjoy some retail therapy.
Xxxx
Highlighted

Caroyln sunny afternoon.is on at the princess theatre Torquay in October..if you do go get about the eighth row as the stage is set up into the audience.and if you were at the front you would miss some of it.xxsharon
Highlighted

Hi Carolyn stresshead.ff.Natalie marirose and anyone else iv missed.spoke to Dr at chemo unit.my bloods platelets etc were good.she said its the whole package making me suffer.and if i can get thru next two weeks may feel better..so I had it done.got home about five tonite.she also made me appt with oncologist next week

Take care all.sharon.😻 x
Highlighted

Sharon.
How did u get on at hospital today? Hope u r feeling a bit stronger.
Xxxx☺☺
Highlighted

Sharon, just wanted to echo what the others have said. You have been through so much lately maybe you have to give it more time. I have had a chemo break enforced on me and i have to say i feel so much better than i did..i dont know though whetherbnits de to that or the fact that i had been so ill previous to that. We are all behind you whatever your decision. Much love. xxx

Highlighted

Sharon, just wanted to echo what the others have said. You have been through so much lately maybe you have to give it more time. I have had a chemo break enforced on me and i have to say i feel so much better than i did..i dont know though whetherbnits de to that or the fact that i had been so ill previous to that. We are all behind you whatever your decision. Much love. xx

Highlighted

Morning ladies. 

Hi Sharon, so sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, you really have been through the mill lately, and it's no surprise that you are down! Stay strong, all your "cyber friends" are behind you holding your hand. 

Hugs  (((()))) Janette xxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sharon, Some times it can take a few doses before you learn how to counter act all the side effects.It would be good to talk with the professionals for advice. Be careful not to throw in the towel too soon, maybe it can be sorted. Only you know how you feel, all we can do is encourage you! Hang  in there! Hugs and hoping you can get turned around! FF

Highlighted

Oh dear Sharon, so sorry you are feeling so u well. You have had 2 bouts in hospital recently so maybe you are still recovering from those?
Ask if they can perhaps reduce your dose?
But completely understand if you come off it, pointless doing it and feeling so awful.
Fingers and toes crossed you get better.

Sending virtual flowers chocolate and gin xxx

Highlighted

Dear Sharon

So sorry to hear you are feeling so down I do hope you get some satisfaction at the hospital tomorrow. The Macmillian nurse is insensitive surely she could have given you an appointment on the phone.

Sending you loads of (((((hugs))))) xxx 

Highlighted

Sharon.
Come on girl...where's your fighting spirit gone? Little steps ..you have been through the mill the last few weeks and you can get through this hicup. ..
Ask questions tomorrow .
Would b nice if the kinks show came down here to the moondocks!!
Carolyn xxxx
Highlighted

Carolyn maybe the touring show will come to Torquay or near you..it was worth seeing...sharon.😻 x. Il be glad to go to hospital to get more answers.I came out hosp sat .phoned the McMillan nurse as instructed by hospital..she left a message on my ansaphone to say if I ring her shel make me an appointment next week. ..lot of good...xxx...just unhappy at moment as four weeks ago I was driving shopping.meeting for lunches..bits housework.now nothing..even my poor hubby agrees I'm not well.usually he upbeat ..x😻
Highlighted

Oh Sharon ..hope that u don't have to stop the chemo but sometimes you have to do what is right and how you feel.
Carolyn xxxx☺☺
Highlighted

Carolyn if you get a chance see the show..our theatre in Southend is overlooking sea and cliffs so it was lovely I had a prawn lunch.then the show..weather is good here too....back to hospitsl tomorrow I need to get some facts about this chemo or the c as I'm not myself..im thinking of coming off it xxsharon
Highlighted

Hello Sharon
Just to cheer u up ..remember your holiday ..well just driven to teignmouth, sat on front in hot sunshine and hubs eating cockles!
Then lunch at Ness overlooking Shaldon and the bay.
Think back and hope your hol memories cheer you up.
Carolyn xxx
Highlighted

Hello ladies
Well we have some sunshine this morning again ...phew the evening's are dark so quickly now ..depressing.
Sharon ..just reading on another thread about you seeing the kinks sunny afternoon show ..envious ..they were my era and my favourites along with small faces etc. Showing my age now.
Luv to all xxxx
Highlighted

Hi FF, glad it wasnt worst case scenario....always worth checking out. So pleased for you.

moijanxx

Highlighted

Sharon, glad to hear you are now at home. look after yourself.

Debbie, its great news to hear you are a stable Mabel...long may it continue.

FF..a bit late posting but was going to urge you to bring your appointment forward when i saw you had already done it. Glad to hear it was good news.

Andrea, sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time but you have managed to remain 'upbeat'..good for you.

Best wishes to everyone. x

Highlighted

Hello janebell
I think u must be talking about ibrance ( they all seem to have two names) there is a thread running as a couple of ladies are on clinical trials but I asked and was told that I did not qualify as you have to have had so many failed hormones and chemo.
Fingers crossed it will be licensed sooner than June 2017 as that's a long time away for most of us !!
Carolyn xx
Highlighted

Hi I was diagnosed with invasive lobular breast cancer in February with extensive skeletal mets. I had 6 cycles of FEC chemo and am about to start localised radiotherapy. I am on tamoxifen as is Hormone receptor positive. I am waiting with interest NiCE recommendations re : palbociclib due in June 2017.although they don't have a good record for licensing breast cancer drugs ! Just wondered if anyone was aware of any UK trials or patients getting it ?

Highlighted

Hi Janette making yourself known to the hotel ..i used to lay in sun for hours I can't now..cant even stand the sun on my head I wear a hat.glad you had a lovely holiday 😻 Sharon.xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Avrelia! I knew in my heart I needed to go! I don't know why I wanted to be stubborn! I hope you can convince your boss that you are doing fine! As long as you two get the job done they shouldn't care who does what! FF

Highlighted

FF, so glad that you went to see your oncologist. To my mind things should go this way, better inform them ASAP about something and let them worry if that is the case, rather than worry yourself.

Sharon, yes, you are damn right that I worry about work because it is tied with my living arrangements, there is something else as well, my partner's English is awful, so that is why that type of job is perfect for us, I do the speaking, he does the physical stuff....What is left is to convince our boss that we are doing it just as good as we had before I was diagnosed....

Thank you very much for being here ladies, although none of us would like to be at that place in particular....

Carolyn, I bet that your hair is not as thin as mine, I have got some only on the top of my head and I do look like a partly shaved hedgehog, if you know what I mean, I shaved it when it started to fall down, but that string at the top came to grew back again in a strange shape:)

Highlighted

Hiya FF
Well I will have to Google petechieu as I am a numpty but at least u have got yourself checked out and maybe put your mind at rest.
Hiya avrelia
Well hope u can keep well as having a live in job is quite a responsibility for you to keep working ..fingers crossed for you and hope u like yr new wig ..u will feel better wearing it.
Hiya Sharon
Sounds like u r feeling better but with Autumn weather its harder to fill the day !
Hiya Jeanette
Glad u had a good hol ..think it might b the letrozole causing the problem as I love love the Sun but a couple of times this year have had a wobble if I've sat in it for very long ..as my hair is shorter and thinner I've got this stupid straw hat I put on ..fashion police will arrest me !!
Well hello to everyone ..it's nice that this thread is busy again.
Carolyn xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Sharon hoping for an easy day for you! Janette, welcome back!

Ok, called cancer center and onc said to come in NOW! I then asked how about later she said NO, NOW! Left work and went to see her. She did blood work land platelets were fine, so was white count. It is petechiea but she thinks it is a drug interaction or from the sun.  Glad I went!

Highlighted

Hi avrelia I'm glad you are still managing to work.but I suppose you worry that its tied up with your living arrangements.lots of people seem to manage work just give yourself lots of rest in between....love from Sharon.x😻
Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Sharon, glad that you feel better, hope that your treatment will work well and blood will be not as bad as you worry it might.

Andrea, so sorry about the things you have to go through....I cannot immagine what my reaction would be, if I was at your place, hopefullly not, but you never know with cancer. We have to be gentle to ourselves and live every single day as if it is our last one. Yes, that might sound awful, but may be that is how it should be. Although this does not work for me, I try to live as if cancer is not existing. I get up same time every day, I work, I have an afternoon nap, then cook and wath TV. Our job with my partner is that we work in a hotel and we live here as well. On weekdays, we can go out but either one by one, or someone has to cover us if we both go out. Boring....you may say, may be, but it is our job at the moment and I cannot think of making any changes at all...

Anyway, I do not know why I am sharing that with you, may be because I have had the feeling recently that my boss is worried that I might not be coping well and she might not even want me here anymore, but thanks God for the time being I feel ok, just tired a bit, probably because og Chemoterapy....Would love to keep on working, as I have been doing it every sigle day of my adult life and that is what makes me feel alive, when I feel that I am useful....

As for my tretament, waiting for my firs Zometa with my fourth cycle of EC chemoterapy. Getting my wig this Wednesday, although I do not think I am going to wear it, but who knows....

Have not told my relatives yet, as I live in UK, and they live abroad, I see them only once a year. Do not intnend to tell them at all, unless it NEEDS to, i mean if I cannot hide it anymore...

I got lost with my own thoughts....

Anyway take care you all

Highlighted

Hi ladies, back from my hols now, had a fab time! Weather gorgeous sooo warm. Did my party trick on the first day though and passed out! Just didn't realise how hot it was, we got up after lying in the sun for a few hours to get a drink and everything just went black next thing I knew I had bags of ice all over me! I'm a dozy sod, the same thing happened a few years ago in the canaries, I think as I'm getting older I just can't tolarate the heat the same. 

I have tried to catch up with the thread but there's sooo many posts so I gave up,  did see that you've had a rough time of it though Sharon, hope you're feeling better soon. Hope everyone else is doing okay. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Highlighted

I agree Sharon,

would be nice, but not as effective I fear

But hey ho, if it does the job. Drink loads of fluids...I now have a miso soup the day before and on the day as it seems to help...found the tip on the chemo thread on bcc.

love Moijanxx

but maybe you shouldnt have too much salt with your tummy prob, ..eg might retain flud..need to check it out with the ' oncle' firstxx

Highlighted

Moijan I wish this inj was every three weeks.day one and day eight seems to drag it out more veins and hospital visits.xx😻
Highlighted

Moijan.decided not to ask for I yet.as bloods so far have been good when I have blood test.they prob wdnt be good today as they will have been flattened out from Friday nite chemo..take care love Sharon 😻 x
Highlighted

Yes, hope so Sharon, any news re filgrastim, or did you decide not to ask? I find my bloods come up really well with it...my other bloods, eg my liver functions are usually higher than the norm, but the lovely

'oncle' said for me not to worry, mine apparently react that way all the time to drugs...just hope the jolly old liver holds up!

we have to trust and go with the flow...dont we? thinking of you and hoping for great results...but on the off chance you needed a change, theyd likely find something 'new' for you to tryxxx

Love and hugs

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Hi Nicky
Thank u for the comments on the letrozole brands ..I've only been taking "cipra" for five days and I have itchy skin, blurry eyes after an hour of taking them and more hair thinning ! Remember these se from when I had them six months ago.
I'm not going to accept them next month and insist on my " accord " brand again.
I took tamoxifen years ago and got the branded ones and arimidex was new and so got the original ones ...
Carolyn xx
Highlighted

Hello ladies
Reading all your posts but as you know I don't have any advice as I'm useless but I can send you all the hugs I can and hope you all feel better soon.
X❤❤❤
Highlighted

Thanks moijan bit weak and unsteady but hopefully bloods will come back up...i keep on this because of your good results...😻 xsharon
Highlighted

Hi Sharon, great you feel better.

love and hugs

Moijanxx

Highlighted

Hi ff..hope you get checked soon.you might just be a bit anaemic or something but get your mind at ease...
Andrea I did very well on cape a few years ago.and hope it helps with liver and brain Mets.

I feel bit better today ...i think.😂...take care everyone will post more later.xx
Highlighted

Hi Andrea carts, so sorry to hear your bad news....there are a lot of us here with liver mets. Its quite a blow to get so many bits of bad newws together, especially as you feel so very well. capecitabine worked really well for my liver mets for almost two years. Barton has been on it for a longer period. Have pasted in the link for  the thread where Cape ladies hang out.

I do hope you find the best treatment and it sounds as if the bones are responding? I also have bone mets in the spine and am on Zometa, love and hugs

moijanxx

https://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Treatments-and-medical-issues/Xeloda-Capecitabine-Your-Top-...

Highlighted

Hi Funnyface, I agree with andrea carts.....as you are going to worry anyway. Sounds like you are referring to Petechae, which can also be caused by a variety of minor illnesses, such as an allergy( see mayo Website) but you wont feel able to rest till its seen, we have GPs here ( family doctors) so if the onc wasnt able to see me, id go and see my gp, but not sure about your health system.

fingers, toes and legs crossed that its only an allergy

love and hugs, Moijanxx