63439members
333837posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Ladybird's been on Letroxole/Denosumab for just over 2 years. She still has her spots but so far they're not growing or spreading. :-D

Hello pmol
I've been a letrozole/ denosumab clubber for 18 months. There are others here that are a lot longer.
Xxx

Well done to all the stable Mabel's!!! Quick question for you: how long have you been on letrazole/denosumab combination?? ❤️

Congrats to Ladybird, yet another Stable Mabel!
Janette xxx

Community Champion

Congrats to our group of Stable Mables!! I just got out the pot lids and I'm parading through the kitchen creating a racket in your honor! FF

Oh what lovely news for you ..Jeanette and myself here are both stable mabels on the same treatment plan. There are also other ladies here that have been this way for many many years too ...so let's say whoop whoop to letrozole/denosumab club metzers! !
👍👍
Highlighted

Just had letter from The Christie saying bone situation is stable and there's no sign of any new problems. Good old Letroxole and Denosumab still working well!
Happy days!
Good luck all.
Xx
Community Champion

Carolyn, That's great! I really can't pick much at all or I gain. I should be able to eat more than I do with out gaining. I eat a yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch or this low calorie veggies soup and a piece of fruit, and I eat a basic dinner. I can change it up a little. Maybe a veggie omelet here or there. A sandwich now and then or a snack, but that's it. If I go overboard with changes I gain. I exercise 20 minutes 2x  a day almost everyday. I really am fighting against this weight! FF

FF
I think I read on another thread that the new e and e plan you start soon can cause weight loss so you might loose even more !!
I'm not a big eater but like the wrong stuff but have managed to stay the same weight for eighteen months so must be grateful for something !!
Xxxxx
Community Champion

Carolyn, I just picked up a few tops. My daughter works at a clothing store and gets a 40% discount at its sister stores. She can get me the discount.  Also back in 2012 I was down at this weight. I had paced up the clothes and put them in a spare bedroom. I had got sick and changed drugs and added drugs. The drugs made  me gain weight rapidly.  I was in a medical diet of 800 calories and still gaining. I finally just gave up. I finally weaned myself off the one drug and started to be able to lose. I weigh just a little more than I did back then, but I'm a little thinner bc of my exercising! I found a few tops and capries in the box that will work. I might need two pairs. I still have more to lose, but I'm stoked for now! The picture I posted with my son is from 5 years ago. That's the size I am now! FF

FF
Well done for 50lbs ..that's an awful lot of self control ... nearly four stone in my language ...New wardrobe required !!
Xxxxxx

Well ladies ..i resisted my eggs until 3pm but ugh I'm feeling sick already ! Started off with hot cross buns ..for breakfast !!
Only on Easter Sunday can we eat our body weight in choc , feel sick but its only once a year.
🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣

Hello all, chocolate for me, too, this afternoon! Not quite sure where I will put it (but promise to make a valliant effort), as have just got back from a wonderful Easter lunch at my sisters. She is an excellent cook, and stays so calm (I panic dreadfully when I have to cook for visitors). We are all (took elderly parents over too) totally stuffed.

I have a lovely big egg, which I bought myself, but also made the mistake of stocking up on other chocolatey treats too (including choc orange, Carolyn (well, 2 actually!)), so not sure where to start.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Hugs. Barton.x

Community Champion

Happy Easter all!! I caved! I bought hubby and I some chocolate yesterday. I made the mistake of going down the candy aisle. It kept calling out to me. I usually only shop the perimeter of the store. I only go down aisles if I need something. We were playing cribbage last night and hubby broke open the bags. They were fair game then! I'm trying to not over indulge, because I'm down 50 lbs now. 

Morning Jeanette
Yep I've got a posh one from hubs too ..also I overbought for the family eggs ...ha ha and I think there is a couple of smaller ones that would be rude to waste !!
Enjoy ..mmmmmmm.xxxxx

Yes, happy Easter to all you lovely ladies.
I totally agree with you Carolyn, chocolate all the way today! Hubby has just presented me with a big Dairy Milk egg which will definitely be eaten by the end of the easter weekend!
Hugs Janette xxx

Hello and happy Easter 🐣🐣🐣🐣

Hope you all have Easter eggs to chomp today and forget proper food ..it's a day for eating choc until u feel sick !!
Weather could be warmer but sunshine is fine.
Xxxxxx

(The tramcars on the Seaton tramway terminating at Colyford are half full size. Getting up the stairs requires some agility. A long time ago when our son was in a backpack we had to pass him up the outside of the car)

Many thanks...your words mean a lot to me x

Moijan Sounds like the journey pictured in the film 'The straight story' where the guy travels across part of America on a ride-on lawn mower to visit his brother.

Katey you've had lots of advice from amazing women whose stories can only give you encouragement. Can't say much more but send youu big hugs
B xx

Community Champion

Hi Carolyn

great to hear about your driving exploits!

next time we 5 meet you could drive to Reading lol

howevr, now the tram fom colyford is extnding to Reading maybe you could all catch that?

image.jpeg

Hi katey, try not to worry there are lots of different meds to take and I know someone who works in pharmaceuticals who told me there are lots more in the pipeline and will soon be there for us

ramade xx

Community Champion

Katey, I can say that when I get busy and focus on the positive I feel better. It is too easy to sit and mope! Btw I had 10 years between my primary and mets. My mets set up camp in my lungs along with a few friends! It is in most of the nodes in my chest and one spot in spine. 

Janette, I didn't  know about forums with my primary. That was 21 1/2  years ago. Maybe they didn't even exist then. I never felt the need for support witb my primary. I was under the naive impression that if you got breast cancer you treated it,  moved on and pretty much end of story! I knew I f could come back but I thought it was extremely rare. I went on my merry way! Then my happy bubble got busted! I then felt the need to seek, info and understanding! FF

Hi there...thanks for your lovely comments. Yes I'm currently on denosumab, zoladex and letrozole...hospital every 4 weeks is still tricky for me....I build myself up every time...my mum was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer and uncle fell off a ladder and passed with the same weekend so have been hit with a run of bad luck...but on the positive side I got married last year and made lots of lovely memories ending in a honeymoon in the Maldives (thought I deserved a treat!).
The anxiety is sometimes so extreme it can stop me doing things...currently having CBT to help...
Need to put my positive pants on ! X

Hello katey
Welcome back to the forum ..sorry you have had to return but we are real people here that can offer kindness if u want to rant and rave and let off steam !!
There is a thread in the forum for younger ladies that might help too ..although we do have all ages here ..
I had primary in 2004 and thought it was history but it came back in 2015 to bite me on the b.m too !!!

Hugs xxxxxx

Hi Katey, welcome to the group, sorry that you have had to join us though! I got dx with bone mets in 2014 after primary in 2007. We all understand how scary it is living with this disease, it's like a none stop roller coaster of fear and emotions. I didn't join the forum first time round but when I got dx with mets I felt I needed more support and understanding of the disease than I was getting from the medical team. The ladies on here have been a massive support and there is always someone on hand to offer answers /support or even to just make you laugh (Carolyn!!)
Do you mind me asking what treatment plan you are on? I'm now on letrozole, denosumab and zoladex.
Hugs Janette xxx

Hi katey, welcome. I agree this forum provides lot of comfort
I also have spine metastasis and vertebral collapse . I am on hormone therapy. I just try to have a positive mind to calm down my anxiety. 🤔☺wish you all the best.
Community Champion

Welcome Katey, Happy you found some comfort!  Very upset that you are so young and here! Just so unfair!! FF

Hi all.....

I'm Katey-diagnosed with breast cancer at 27 years old in 2005 and then hit with secondaries in my spine in 2015... feeling massively anxious and this is my first time back on the forum in over 10 years... was worried coming on here would scare me but reading a few positive comments has made me feel better tonight Smiley Happy 

Hi Carolyn, Fantastic to hear you are driving again. That feeling of freedom!

B xx

Community Champion

Ahhhh A star fibbing....okkkayyyy....thanks for the tip off! Phew nearly went for a cycle after seeing her exercise plan. ...thank goodness I didn't bother lol

Never believe a word from Carolyn if it involves exercise, Charys! To be fair, though, she just can't at the moment - not for lack of wanting to, I'm sure!

Coffee and chat with you and Janey was great this morning, Carolyn. So nice to meet Janey. And I am seriously impressed with you driving, Carolyn. Very brave.

Hugs to all. Barton.x

Community Champion

I feel ashamed now, after hearing your plans for the rest of the day! x

Hiya charys
I will be needing a bigger size in those knickers if I eat like this ...but now I'm going for a five mile run and a Zumba class so I can work it off !!
Hugs xxxx
Community Champion

Oooo Carolyn, you are really on the social rounds aren't you ! How much coffee and cake can one woman have in one day? LOLOL

Barton
Nice to meet u this morning for coffee ( and umm scone and cake ) and nice to meet Janey too from primary threads ...
Well collected my pink t.v. and guess what DROVE my car for the first time since Oct 2015 ..so I'm chuffed with myself !! Grandson panicked a bit and said slow down Nan ..where's the fire ?
Hugs xxxxx

Hiya moijan
Glad to hear u r back on fine form ..to eat a mars bar ..u need good teeth so no way with my old gnashers !!
The knickers might be a bit tight but they are m and s finest !!! Ha ha ....
Community Champion

The donkey story was absolutely true....and I was a mischievious spring chicken at the time!

Mx

oh, and if you bite deeply into a marsbar...your teeth will stick together too!

Community Champion

Carolyn, 

that picture of you pinning your knickers on the line is a really good likeness! Dont you think so, Barton? 

And I can see the knickers might be a little small for you?  Lol

Moijanxx

(off to hide somewhere safe now)

Carolyn and Moijan - I am disgusted with you both! You, Moijan, for feeding a Mars bar to a donkey (what a waste of a good Mars bar!!!), and you, Carolyn, for laughing at the poor donkey! Someone call the RSPCA!

Hugs (also laughing). Barton.x

PS - Carolyn - yes, still on for coffee, and no thanks - I'll pass on those knickers!

Community Champion

Janette, Many years ago when on abraxane after a couple months all of my finger nails got a red line going across them. Then they all turned white/gray, then they started to smell and ooze and became very tender. It took them about a tear to heal and return to normal.

Over the years of treatments my nails have changed. Mine used t o have a nice curved arch to them. Now some of them are flat and if they get more than about a 1/4 inch long  some of them want to curl under.I also get a lot of hang nails on ny hands and feet. 

I don't know if all if this is treatment related or age. FF

Community Champion

Carolyn at least they are not in a knot!

Hi ladies.
Barton, I also don't mind the contrast drink you have before a CT, I get a choice of 3 flavours, blackcurrant, orange or lemon (I think it is) I also have the contrast injection too.
By the way, has anyones finger /toe nails gone really dry and unhealthy looking whilst being on treatment? (Only a trivial thing I know compared to some side effects) mine look horrible these days.
Hugs janette xxx

Hello Barton
No.moijans donkey story was on another thread ...she fed a donkey a mars bar and its teeth got stuck together !! Sorry musent laugh...
Do u want to borrow the big girls pants I've offered for oncologist visit? But they will need to be washed before you return them !
Are we still on for coffee Thursday ? Or have things changed ?
Xxxx

Hello all, hope everyone is keeping as well as can be, except poor Carolyn and B! Colds!!! This time of year? It's just not on!

Carolyn, I think Moijan means the baby donkey (Corey's), that you thought was a lamb, when she refers to the donkey story.

Sorry to buck the trend, but I think the drinkable contrast for CT isn't too bad - tastes kind of aniseedy. I have only had that once, though - usually have the iodine injection thing that makes you feel all warm and as if you have wet yourself!

Good luck to anyone having scans, changing treatments (Nicky? and Angela60), etc.

I have an Onc appointment on Thursday, so went to docs for blood test after work today only to be told they have had to cancel as the spinner machine was broken! Will now have to go to the hospital tomorrow after work and sit and wait. Really annoying.

Hugs. Barton.x

Big girls pants.jpgto all ladies waiting for scan results etc ..you can borrow my big girls pants here !!xxx

Community Champion

Chris,  I don't blame Ladybird! That stuff is gross! You reminded me that I need an eye Dr appointment. I had one cataract done years ago, but it has some car tissue build up that needs corrected. Plus I need the other eye checked. Yuck more doctor appointments! FF

Hi ladies
FF
Thanks for the tip re contrast. Ladybird's just being a baby! She only drank half a litre and pulled a face all the way through it.
Poor thing's had a cataract done yesterday and she's feeling quite miserable.
Time for a pub lunch methinks!
X

Sorry Bon. ..you have joined the very elite club of sneezes and wheezes !!
I find lemsip ( other brands available!) Works a treat ..had two good night's sleep now so hoping this will move on and party with someone else !!
Hugs xxx