360252posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

I’m not far behind you Carolyn what a knocking out job it is too! I’ve been wrapping as I buy it makes it so much easier, I’m just having a 10 minute break from putting up the Christmas decs, last year I decided it would be a good idea to buy a 7ft tree 🌲 didn’t take into consideration putting it all together and battling with the lights!!
Hugs Janette xx
Highlighted

Hello ff
I think in the US. .a dorm room means something else than the UK. .here its a room where schoolchildren sleep that are at boarding school and it would be full of hockey sticks and pe knickers !!!
Hope your room is back to normal today. .I always find that mess breeds ...a leaf blower today ..Tomorrow a hedge cutter / lawn mower joins the party !!
Feeling quite smug ..wrapped Xmas pressys yesterday. .still got more to buy but made a start .
Hugs everyone xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

LOL, The coffee table is piled with Christmas presents, hubby decided to use the leaf blower on the front deck! He did finish the deck but set the leaf blower and extension cord in the middle of the living room and went to sleep. If we get out the alcohol it will definitely look like a dorm room.  They better all be planning on cleaning up after dinner or this girl will lose it!

Highlighted

Evening Funnyface

So sorry you are feeling under the weather at the moment. Keep warm with plenty of hot drinks.

What are men like they love to be in control of the remote. My hubby is terrible. I can leave the room for a couple of minutes and he has changed channels. I have got to watch my programmes on catch up T.V.

Sending hugs across the pond.

Linda

Highlighted

All sounds good fun in your house FF but u could do with hubby a bit more active to spoil you ..I always find when I'm under weather. .he seems to be too !!
As for the remotes. .you have more chance of seeing the Pope get married! ! My hubs can be fast asleep but the minute I pick up remotes. .he's got inbuilt radar and says " I'm watching that !
Hugs xx
Highlighted

Ooh Funnyface, sending you hugs - it does sound a bit S&*t for you at the moment (but the vision of your house right now did give me a smile, sorry!)  Grab the remote off hubby, keep warm, and send son out for shopping, including some alcohol for medicinal reasons. Bad enough having all the other things you have to contend with but having a cold as well is just so unfair! xx

Highlighted

hi ff ,

dont feel bad having a whine as you make every thing going on in your home sound so funny ,i know it's not at all but keep cheerful or try anyway,

love reneex

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thanks Renee! I  feel bad having a whine when I know you have it tough. Just need this back to quit acting up!  Hope you get some answers Renee and a plan. 

Thanks ladies. My house looks like a hospital room. Hubby hurt his back over doing some lifting. He Hastings piled around his favorite chair to make them easy to reach. Son stopped by and he has his arm in a sling bc he tore his bicep and he has this cold too. Lol, he picked a chair and made his comfort zone. I have my comfort spot I call my nest. We all have blankets and pillows, trash cans and tissues. Hubby has the remote! We might have to steal that when he falls asleep!

Highlighted

ff................I don't post very often at the moment........not much advice to give at the moment. But I have read your latest message...........just want to say we are all thinking of you and sending hugs and good wishes. This will all pass. You have caught some sort of cold to slow you down. There's a lot out there at this time of year. Drink your vit C drinks, and try to support your immune system to get through. And REST!! Spoil yourself. The MRI is a good idea, just to give a baseline for that worrying aspect, but I bet it shows nothing! Look at carolyn.......so worried about new pains, but nothing new there. But the scan is the right thing to do. Keep warm, but of course the winter warmth...........central heating........is not the best for our sensitive bodies........too dry. But it's the best we can do. It's important to keep warm.

There you are. I said no advice!! Then I waded in! But the main thing is to send best wishes. Update us when you can. You are a real example to us all.........a really determined lady. But that gets harder when under the weather i know. We all love you! Hugs coming your way! I started my life in the US.........Vermont, then Conn, then Michigan. I 'pledged allegiance' every day and learned to read with Dick and Jane! I have a real soft spot for the US.

mo          xxxx

Highlighted

Hello Renee
Sorry u have not been tickity boo ...but keep strong ..this disease keeps us on our toes but we are woman and seem to find the strength to keep going day in ..day out ..whatever gets thrown at us ...

Sending lots of hugs xx🌹🌹🌹
Highlighted

hi ff ,

sorry you are feeling so poorly and thinking of youat this time ,i have not been on here for quite sometime as lots of things going hay wire but will let you all know more when up to it ,in the mean time take good care of yourself and get well soon ,also hope you have good news from the scan.

love reneexx 

Highlighted

Aww FF sending you hugs (((())))) from across the pond, take care keep warm!!
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

Oh ff, so sorry you're really suffering at the moment. The nasty cold will get better with rest and hot drinks, once that is over you and your body will feel able to tackle the rest.

sending you lots of love and hugs,

ramade xx

Highlighted

Hiya ff

So sorry that you are struggling at the moment especially it being so busy this time over year ..sometimes it all hits when the immune system is low and it's so miserable to feel like that. .

Sending huge hugs to you xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi FF

Look after yourself and shake off that cold. Hope the MRI answers some questions and your docs come up with some answers. Big hugs Bon xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I am a mess! First the back issues, next mouth full of ulcers, next cold sores, next a nasty cold, sore throat, raw nose and nose bleeds all while my back still hurts! Enough! I just want to be me again! Just call me miserable and send me to bed!! Had MRI of back yesterday, hoping to get some answers. FF

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yahoo Carolyn!! Great results!  You should enjoy Christmas and the new babies!! HUGS! FF

Highlighted

Fantastic news Carolyn xx

Highlighted

Thanks everyone for all the good wishes ..I just hope it gives others here confidence in the hormone pills and they can work. Feeling baa humbug a bit about Xmas and the pressys I have to wrap up but hopefully will get around to it all tomorrow now. Ordered a new Xmas tree online and waiting for delivery. .if not himself will be dragging the old one out of garage again this year and it's just too big !!
Hugs xxx
Highlighted

Evening Carolyn

That is really good news. Your oncologist seems have everything in hand regarding checking your liver in 3 months.

Hope you get a long time on Letrozole. I got 4 years before treatment was changed.

Have a celebration.

Linda

Highlighted

Fab-bloody-tastic Carolyn, you enjoy Christmas now!!
Hugs Janette xx
Highlighted

Yes am so pleased for youxxx

Highlighted

So pleased for you Carolyn! That is an excellent result, especially that a hormonal alone is working so well for you...phew! Time to break open the chocs bought for Christmas.....xx

Highlighted

Carolyn, really good news. Kick back and enjoy Christmas.

ramade xx

Highlighted

Hi Carolyn,

That is such brilliant news, you must be thrilled :).  You had a long wait for the results so you must have been anxious.

Last time I had scan results (in August) they mentioned a small deposit on my adrenal gland.  I didn't even know where it was and had to google it !!  xx

Highlighted

Hi Carolyn,

Excellent news re CT results, hopefully you can relax a bit now😀

Highlighted

morning

Highlighted

At least 2 cheese scones. A good Christmas present! Been wondering about you all
Bon xx

Highlighted

Oh Carolyn, that is superb news! So pleased for you! A celebration "drink" and cheese scone in M&S definitely called for! Yay! I know how quietly worried you were, so extremely glad for you.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hello ladies

Well saw the head honcho for my scan results from 5 weeks ago today ..bones very stable and he says the best recovery and repair is to the adrenal glands ( first time they have been mentioned! )
The ct scan has not giving him a clear picture of the liver so to be sure I'm having a mri scan in 3 months.
He added that letrozole and bone jab are working really well and my body is very hormone receptive so I should be able to stay on hormones for some time yet.
So I think this is good news (ish) so near to xmas so I'm just going to enjoy Xmas and not worry.
Hugs xx
Highlighted

Dear Moijan and bonariensis

Thanks a lot. I found it quiet easy and didn't feel much pain. Hope the side effects are not very serious. Love to all Srilata
Highlighted

Highlighted

Sritata  Look again on treatments and medical issues. I have resurrected some old posts 

Bon xx

Highlighted

Thanks for your kind replies and it gives me a lot of strength to cope with this. I start fulvestrant from tomorrow and hope the side effects will be manageable. Moijan I tried the thread on falsodex but could not find it. Can you help ?
Love to all indeed i am happy to have so much support from you Srilata
Highlighted

Srilata, sorry you've had to change mets but hopefully you will do well on fulvestrant, others seem to. As for skin cancer, I have had 7 cancers removed from my face and head last year so maybe we have a similar cancer that goez to the skin. Stay well and stay brave

ramade xxxx

Highlighted

Hello everyone...yes am on fulvestrant and was very apprehensive as I don't like injections...but these have so far been fine..do join the thread Carolyn mentioned...it's so lovely to have buddy's to Travel with xx

but keep up on this one too...it's a great thread and we all have such fun togetherxx

Moijan💚💚💚

Highlighted

Hi Srilata
My wife Ladybird has just gone on to Fulvestrant after two and a half years of Letrozole. She has a lot of leg pain but no more than she had with Letrozole. In fact she has suffered with leg pain for years probably caused by trapped nerves in her spine! Her mets are in her pelvis and hips.
The injections themselves caused very little discomfort and so far all's going well.
Good luck
Chris
Highlighted

Hello shrilata
Moijan started a new thread on treatments threads recently for fulvestrant ( faslodex) .so if you pop along there you might find some tips and information.
There are lots of older threads too ..if you use the search box. .not sure what is happening in the UK but I think this drug has to be funded by the hospital from their own budget ..hence the reason not many ladies are having it ..
As usual, I have no experience of this but I do hope it's a good regime for you
Hugs xxx
Highlighted

Dear FF and Kate, thanks for your kind assurance. So far what my onc observed that these are skin mets and they will do a skin biopsy. My medicines will also be changed Fulvestrant injections . I am hoping for the best and trying to remain positive as much as possible.Is anyone on this injection
I will be happy to have any advice regarding the treatment ,side effects. FF hope your pain is better and the scan reports are good
Love srilata
Highlighted

Highlighted

Glad to hear you’re feeling a bit better. I asked and was told, my trigger finger is nothing to do with my bone mets, but is almost certainly due to the Letrozole. It’s very difficult to be sensible and positive all the time, I got my scan result on Wednesday, appointments were running late and the HCA asked to speak to me, my immediate response was, what’s wrong?? Poor woman kept apologising as she thought she’d panicked me, fortunately I’ve seen a lot of her over the last two plus years and reassured her she’d only have to look at me and I’d assume the worst when waiting for results!! At least you don’t have too long to wait now, take care, Kxx

Highlighted

Thank you all for your reassurances, I'm feeling a little less scared now. Sometimes it's hard to be positive & sensible all the time. Most people seem to think my thumb problems are unrelated to cancer. Still it's a bit annoying as I have quite enough pain to get on with without other bits of me falling apart. Sometimes I just wish for a break in all the pain. The reflexology is good for that, roll on next thursday.

Highlighted

Hi Funnyface

Sorry to hear you are having problems with a rash.
When I was on 10mg Everolimus I had itching from head to foot. Took antihistamine for a month got rid of the itching. Oncologist changed dose to 5mg Everolimus itching disappeared. Worth a try.

Pleased you enjoyed thanks giving.

Linda

Highlighted
Community Champion

Srilata, I get a slight rash here and there from this treatment. I'm also very itchy on my legs, back, arms. I scratch myself in my sleep and wake up all clawed up. Onc told me it doesn't look like a rash from these drugs. Well, I disagree with her bc I didn't have this before these drugs. Also, I stopped this combo for 2 weeks to see if my back would quit hurting and I wasn't itchy anymore. Back on it and itchy. I didn't notice  any difference in my back. My onc said she never heard of back pain as a SE for this. She needs to read! The two weeks I stopped it to see if the back pain would ease up might not have been long enough. When letrozole failed and I switched drugs it took about 2 months for my knees to quit hurting. Good luck! FF

Highlighted

Hi Srilata, hope all goes well and they sort it out for you. Take care, Kxx

Highlighted

FF,Moijan, Kate,Thanks for your kind replies. It seems like skin rash and spreading quite fast. So I am not waiting for my next appointment and will see my onc today.
FF happy thanksgiving.The festivities are so much fun. Love Srilata
Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you Carolyn, Dragoncarine and Rosie, I love Thanksgiving. It doesn't involve all the decorating and pressure of presents. The food and company is awesome. I find it very relaxing. FF

Highlighted

Evening dragoncarine

Just want to put your mind at rest. Don't think trigger finger is anything to do with bone mets or cortisone injections.

Over the last 8 years with bone mets I have had trigger finger in right-hand thumb middle finger and small finger.

I read somewhere Letrozole can cause trigger finger.

Hope MRI scan results show up nothing.

Linda

Highlighted

Hi dragoncarine, afraid I can’t offer much help other than appreciating how uncomfortable trigger finger can be, as I get it from time to time but not as badly and haven’t needed any treatment so far. I know it’s a side effect of Letrozole but not one of the more common ones, I’m on Letrozole so assume mine is down to that. I knew treatment is steroid injections, as I asked my GP in case I should need any and I heard a doctor talking about it on the radio who’d said the same. That makes me ask, would they use them if they encouraged mets??? I really don’t know but would certainly hope not, or at least they would make patients aware of it.

Sorry I’m not much use and appreciate it’s easy to say and hard to do but do try not to worry too much, do you have any idea when the MRI will be? Btw thank you again for the book recommendation, it arrived yesterday and glad I ordered it. Take care, Kxx