375733posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

2catlady

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Oh Bev,great news,I bet you can't wait for your break .glad you have someone to help with pip form as they are awful to fill in.enjoy your therapies sounds heavenly .
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxx
Bevlaar

Thank you lovely Helen ☺ Yes have managed to book 5 nights in a hotel in Tenby from 28 Aug. Do hoping the good weather will stay around for a bit longer!
Going to meet the welfare lady at my cancer centre this morning so she can send in my application for PIP. Then having an hour and half of complementary therapies. ...mmmm lovely way to start the week!
Hope things go smoothly for you tomorrow Helen! 😉
have a lovely Monday ladies.
Love n hugs...bev xxx
2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies,
Thank you xxxxx for the good wishes for Fawlty towers CT tomorrow.
I'm hoping BCN rings on Tuesday with results and I'll ask her about mystery mri too. Where's my notes I requested and my new softie in a size that's not ridiculously too small! I better get a list written lol

Lynn,omg! Not long now,it's soooo exciting . I hope the ears are for you too and not just your granddaughters lol. I wear mine too to the embarrassment of my son lol xxxxxxxxxxx

Shiela,hope your on the mend,and not feeling off stillxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janette,hope your feet aren't too sore this morning xxxxxxxxx

Lol,chocolate,yes,good place to put that rude washing in the cupboard xxxxxxxxx

Bev,Hope you get some where booked for you and your mum xxxxxxxx

Have a lovely day ladies,huge hugs,stay strong,Helen xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lynnq

All the best for tomorrow Helen. Just been catching up on all of the recent posts. Spent this afternoon decorating Minnie Mouse ears!!!
Chocolates

Janette - fab news you've booked to go away. Something to look forward to. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Weather should still be really good then without all the school kids. Lovely. Hope oh can relax and enjoy it with you.

Sheila - hope your date for ct comes through this week. Hope also you're feeling a bit better. It's unsettling when you know you're not quite right - how I felt last week. The weather is cooler so hopefully that's helping. Not too long till the 21st for onc appt - then you can discuss how you're feeling etc. huge hugs xx

Helen, so faulty towers awaits you tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath - I mean you had an MRI last week - expecting a ct scan tomorrow as well could be pushing things a bit too far. Seriously - hope everything goes ok. I agree with the other ladies though - that your onc should be giving you results. Doesn't seem right getting them from bcn. But you def can't wait till October for them. Anyway sending you huge hugs xxx

Tracy - I'm sorry I also laughed about your sons gf sitting in oh's seat. My oh exactly the same - can't bear anyone else sitting where he sits. What strange creatures they are. Hope you are getting stronger each day in time for onc on 12th. Not too long now to wait. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Well I have one child home - other one changed his plans and back tomorrow. Can't wait but lovely to have my daughter back. She constantly sings and I've missed the noise. The ironing is still staring Helen, so I put it in the wardrobe - and shut the door!!!! Maybe tomorrow ...............

Anyway ladies - have a good week. May not be able to make live chat as out poss with friends tues eve. Must go - need to get the washing in.

Huge hugs everyone
Hxxxx

roxy12

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your scan tomorrow Helen and hope you don't have to wait long for results.

Janette , well done doing the walk at Wythenshaw! My oh had his surgery there for lung cancer and they were excellent! It has stayed fine here so hopefully you kept dry. Love Sheila. Xx

Bevlaar

Great stuff Janette. ..glad youve booked somewhere! I'm just looking at 5 day breaks in Tenby..going with my mum. She's 83 and like a 60 yr old. Never been to hospital or had an operation! I definitely inherited my dad's genes! Ive had 8 operations in last 9 years! And to think before that first op for bc in 2005 I'd never had an op either.
Helen...no change with Fawlty Towers then lol!
My onc always gives me a clinic appt the week after scan to give me results.
Good luck to you all this week 💖
Bev xxx
2catlady

Hi,janette,yippee to your holiday,that's fantastic,it's a lovely place . You deserve it. No we can't let this disease rule our life or we'd never leave the house.
I don't see onc till October ( not that I've got an appointment yet) so he said BCN to ring with results. Mind do we expect anything less from Fawlty towers run by the carry on gang!
Good luck with your walk that's fantastic,I hope you raise lots.
Good morning to all the other lovely ladies,hope you are all okay,stay strong,huge hugs,Helen xxxx
rosie53

Morning ladies, got my hol booked, Gran Canaria 11th Sept, kept huming and haring about booking it due to cost but then thought blow it life is too short and its been a horrible year since discovering the secondaries!! Also i think hubby is a bit nervy about us going in case i take a "funny turn" but we would never do anything if we let this disease rule us!!
Hi Chocolates you sound a bit more chirpy hope you'v had fun with your kids, mine are 22 and 25 and they are still my babies and my everything! X x
Desi, glad to hear things have settled down at home with oh x x
Helen, good luck at fawlty towers with CT scan, tomorrow, don't understand why BC is giving you results i have always got mine at a follow appt with onc.
Hello to all the other "special" ladies out there hope everyone is ok and good luck to anyone having scans etc or getting results this wk.
Im doing a sponsored walk today for the chemo unit at Wythenshaw hospital...glad the rain has stopped.
love n hugs Janette x x x
2catlady

Hi,Tracy,glad it's settled down indoors for you,stress is the last thing you need. Laughing at the chair! You seem a lot chirpier today back to our Tracy again.
Good luck for the 12th fingers crossed for a "kind" treatment ((((xxxx)))))huge hugs xxxxxx

Sheila ,hope you are feeling a lot better soon. It will be the weather and treatments and anxiety about scan I bet. I would say don't worry,but we know we all do. Try to get plenty of rest and have some girly time with your daughter.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxxxx

Have a lovely evening lovely ladies,and hopefully a cooler one to sleep through.
Huge huge to every one xxxxxx Helen xxxxxx
Desi-2

Hello Chocolates glad you're feeling bit better hope you enjoy the weekend with your kids. It is a relief it's a bit cooler at night down south at the moment too. Dust has settled for now indoors too, don't know until 12th where my treatment goes from here but calmed down now ready to do whatever it takes. Xxx

Helen hope the scan goes ok on Monday be thinking of you. Xxx

Roxy my sons girlfriend has been down this last 10days and she's been a great support not the same as a daughter but consider myself lucky we get on and she cares (even if she does sit in OH seat ha ha!) xxx
roxy12

Hi chocolates,

Glad you are feeling better. Hope tomorrow you are better still. I'm not too bad. Waiting for a ct in the next couple of weeks and will get results on 21st Aug. I will probably go on cap then and hoping for good results.

I have felt a bit "off" last few days. I'm hoping it is the anastrozole. Very tired, and a bit queezy in the morning. Also the usual joint aches and pains that come with the treatment. Still eating though. Not long to wait now but that's the worst part isn't it?

Take care Chocolates and enjoy your children's company. Like you say, they come first. Don't know what I would do without my daughter. Xx

2catlady

Hi,chocolate,I'm glad you're on the mend xxx great news your children are home,I hope you have a fab time with them. Oh ,tell that ironing to stop staring its rude lol. My hubby has just bought three new shirts ,I think he was getting sick of me not ironing lol. Mind I do think its time he learnt to iron,but after 30 years of marriage ......Old dog new tricks springs to mind.
Haaaa haaaa no early appointment at Fawlty towers. Heavens only knows what mystery MRI has shown up and it's CT scan Monday.BCN is supposed to ring with results(chocolate fire guard lol) .
Rads start 13th,yikes! As long as I don't blister or have any sores as I so want to go in pool on my hols.
Huge hugs to you and all the the other wonderful ladies on here,Helen xxxxxxxxxxx
Chocolates

Morning ladies - been reading all the posts but been a bit out of sorts the last few days. Feeling a bit better today so hopefully on the mend. Can't say a cold or anything like that - just out of sorts. Oh well.
Helen - trust you up in faulty towers land to break the weather by buying cream and a parasol. Typical!! It's not so good here also but actually pleased - last night was under 20 - a huge relief and was able to get some much needed sleep. How are you doing Helen - have you started your rads yet? Also have you got an earlier appt with your onc? When I had rads for primary dx I had to see my onc every week. Is this not the same for you?

Faraway - how are you doing? What's happening treatment wise? Good to see you posting. Let us know how you are getting on.

Janette - I'm also covered through my bank but haven't informed them yet about secondaries so I'm sure they'll back out then. Not going anywhere at the mo though so just left it. Need to get round to that one. Hope you manage to get cover at a reasonable price. Such a worry isn't it - I don't know if I could go without insurance - I'd bound to end up being unwell and then not able to get home due to costs etc.

Tink - I hope you are starting to feel a bit better on your treatment. I can't remember which treatment you're on - is it for a fixed time or is it continuous? I hope youve told your onc about your se's and they can give you some meds to help you feel a bit better. Gentle hugs to you xx

Tracy - so sorry to hear about your oh. Sheila's right they just don't get it and want to be centre of attention. I agree - your kids come first. I hope though that things are a little better in your household. You have enough to deal with at the moment. How are you feeling about your new treatment - it's such a cruel disease isn't it? Sending you huge hugs xxx

Sheila- how are things going? You always help us out with lots of advice but I never ask you how you are? I hope your treatments are being kind to you and you're managing to cope with everything ok.

Mavis - you are truly a star. How you are coping with the se's I don't know. I think I would have given up by now. How many more chemos have you got left - hopefully you've nearly finished. What's your status - are you her2? Perhaps it's time to talk to yr onc about a different chemo with less side effects - quality of life is important too. I would definitely keep mentioning to sever se's you are getting. You shouldn't be feeling like this. Huge gentle hugs to you xx

How are you Bev - how's the treatment going? Your next scan must be soon. Fingers crossed everything is moving in the right direction. Are you going away again soon - have you got anything booked? It's something to look forward to isn't it.

Bc-lass - I hope you get the results promptly from your scans. Good luck with those. It's always worrying when you get a new niggle and pain. Hopefully it will just be a pulled muscle and things will settle down for you.

To all the wonderful ladies here - hope you are all ok and manage to have a good weekend. Both my kids back today after being away so very excited. I think that probably contributed to me being a bit down. The house has been too quiet - oh never much fun!!!! Can I just add though that the washing and ironing puts a slight damper on the excitement - recently it's just been too hot to iron and thus have a huge mountain to do. It's staring me out.

Huge hugs everyone.
Hxxxx

rosie53

Morning ladies, the weather is yuk here today!! Hope everyone is ok.
Bev thanks for that i thought it would have been more expensive than that, i get free insurance with Nationwide because i bank with them but they wont cover the cancer.
Love n hugs Janette x x
Faraway

Sunshine has left East Mids also, it was nice whilst it lasted! That is just typical Helen buying a parasol and factor 50 all ready and prepared and the sun goes! I am sure it will be back. Good luck with rads. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend 🙂 x
2catlady

Hello lovely ladies,I hope you are all okay. Sunshine has finally left NE ,I do think this is my fault as onc said I wasn't allowed to sit in sun without a large hat &scarf on! As I'm starting rads( Florida will be fun!!) SO I bought a sun parasol and factor 50 sun lotion,ready to sit in garden and sun has gone,so I must apologise about lack of sun lol.
Have a wonderful weekend,stay strong ,huge hugs,Helen xxxxxx
Bevlaar

Yes got mine in june with eurotunnel travel insurance. Annual european cover for hubby and me for £71.50.
They cover secondary bc up to £10m...included is cover if youre hospitalised or to get you home.
Give them a call
Bev xxxx
Desi-2

Hi Janette I don't take holiday insurance myself as I holiday in this country but the FB group I belong to have had a few conversations about it and from what I can gather it is available but you do need to shop around. I think some ladies have managed to get it for around £60-70 but others have been quoted much higher. Good luck and hope you have a great holiday it's good to have something to look forward to. Xx
rosie53

Hi ladies, hope everyone is doing ok,
Shelia yes it was edited i didnt realise you couldnt healthcare names.
Just want to know if any ladies have found holiday insurance lately?? Im about to book a holiday to the Canaries and havnt even looked at insurance....a bit scared of what it will be!!
Chocolates an Tink hope your feeling a little better.
love an hugs Janette x x
roxy12

Hi Mavis, hope you are feeling a bit better now you have meds. I wasn't on taxol but taxotere and I also had fluid in my legs which made me feel even more tired. I also think I had some fluid on my lungs by the end of the treatment but I think this must have dispersed itself with help from a course of diuretics.

It took a while for my legs to feel normal but they do now. I'm still feeling very tired at times but I'm hoping this is due to the anastrozole I am on at the moment.

Hope the taxol does wonders. Love Sheila xx

roxy12

Hi Natalie, I noticed your post has been edited so we mustn't be able to  mention names. I won't say who mine is but it is not the same as you. He is very good though. Even if he only looks about 20! Well maybe a bit more than that. When I saw him the first time after my primary six years ago he looked about 17 but he as aged a bit since. Is it any wonder? Xx

2catlady

Hi,Tink hugs to you xxxxxx make sure you are resting and planning some nice treats when you are feeling a bit more human again.
Huge hugs,stay strong,Helen xxxxxxxx
Tinkerbelle

Hello everyone,

Not posted for a while as a bit 'icky' from the chemo, so haven't read through all the thread, but wanted to send a huge hug to Desi.  What crappy news, so sorry.  (((((Desi))))).

Husbands can be a breed apart.  Yours seems to need a good talking to.  I don't think they realise how hurtful their selfishness can be sometimes.

Helen, Chocolates, Faraway and everyone else - hope you are all doing well and looking after yourselves.

Tink x

sivam

Sorry havent posted for a while but Lurked for all these nuggets of knowledge from you all.Last time I posted I was given a weeks rest from Taxol, saw Onc last week and pain management I think sorted.Had Xray of chest and shoulder and lots of fluid on left lung( that explains the extreme breathlessness!)Meds given for anti "trots" and fluid in the legs, Allowed a session of chemo and denusamab and then crash bang wollop back into the diarhoea cycle, it is so wearing.Yesterday was week 7 and again I have been rested from Taxol till next week.I am feeling so weak and shaky, but really want to continue with my treatment, but at a loss as to how to regain some vitality. Finding it so hard to hand over the household reins to OH and son, they are so used to being "mollycoddled" so frustration  plus.Deo Gratias the pain in now much diminished.Storming Heaven at the moment for some answers.Love and Light xx Mavis

roxy12

Tracy, just wanted to say I'm sorry about your bad news. However I have heard they are making good progress on treatments for tn so hang on in there.

As for your other half, me and my hubby had quite a few problems for several months after my diagnosis. I just think they "don't get it". Because I was working and doing everything as normal he thought things would get better so if I was moody through worrying he would get annoyed. Things have definitely improved but he still forgets sometimes. I think some men are childish and want to be the centre of attention so don't like if someone else is getting it. My oh likes to bury his head in the sand.

Hope things improve on all fronts. Love Sheila. Xx

bc-lass

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone get shoulder pain and stiffness associated with it? I'm finding it difficult it reach up for things etc. Due a scan next week. Just wondering if people experience this and what they take for it?

2catlady

Hi,Tracy,he's told me to take it until I see him in October!!! As that's next time I see him. Even though it's not working. He's bl@@by useless. I start rads on 13th -4th sept. He said he'll discuss chemo when I see him next. So not sure what kind .i suppose he will decide after CT scan and mystery MRI.But to me it's an awful long time away.
Are you starting Cape.?As that's what I want to go on first.
I'd keep taking letrozole until he says stop.
As for your partner he should realise that mothers from a humble mouse to a tiger will always put their children first. I would die for my son as he's the most important person in the world to me as I'm a mum. My hubby excepts this being a dad too.Your partner is being very immature and it's not a competition for affection from you.
Oh Tracy,you just don't need this cr@p from him at the moment,it's so unfair .
Can you manage to get out with a girlfriend and blow off some steam toady?
Massive hugs,I so wish you lived up north,(((((Tracy)))),stay strong,Helen xxxxxxx
belinda

Oh Tracy what selfish behaviour from your OH. Bordering on a toddler tantrum! Take care. X
Desi-2

Thanks Helen and Janette feel free to comment at least then I know I'm not being unreasonable. He has a habit of trying to turn things around to make me feel it's actually my fault. However I did confront him this morning and tell him I thought it was belong discpicable to behave the way he has the last couple of days especially last night. I did get a somewhat half hearted apology but what seems to have come out of it is that he thinks he should be put first before my sons in all things. I reply that as a "family" we should all be equal I should not have too choose but I have to say if push comes to shove my sons come first if only because they would never put me in this situation. I do love my partner but it shouldn't have to be measured surely.

Helen could I ask do you know for sure what chemo you will be starting and are you still taking your letrozole until then? Not sure whether to just stop taking it.
Tracy xxxx
rosie53

Hi Desi, i really feel for you, not only have you got the BC bad news to deal with but your partner has been a B with you!!!! Like Helen said i know its not for me to say but he needs a kick up the jacksy! Thank god for your Son.
Sending you a mega big hug.
Chocolate hope your feeling a bit better today love.
Hi to all you other "special ladies" love an hugs Janette x x x
2catlady

Oh Tracy (((()))) so sorry, this bl@@dy disease ,you just think you have it under some sort of control and it kicks you in the teeth. I know how you feel I was like that when I found out mine had changed too. I think we are both having our journey in the same leaky boat.
As for your partner grrrrrrrrrr he needs to grow up and stop being selfish. He sounds as if he's jealous of your son and girlfriend. You sound like you have a wonderful caring son who's more mature than your partner. Sorry I know it's not my place to comment on your other half. It's just I'm so angry with him. For behaving like this when you need him the most.
Oh lovely Tracy I wish I could give you a hug,stay strong and I'm thinking of you,Helen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Desi-2

Bad news today the tumour is BC and also triple neg. calmed down and stopped crying now. Looks like we're in the same boat Helen. Can't quite believe the behaviour of my OH. My eldest son came home about a year ago but will be moving out again in a fe weeks to live in Bristol with his girlfriend. They have been a great help since my surgery last week as she is staying with us for a few weeks too. But my selfish B of a partner has spent the last two evenings sat in the garden til bedtime because they have sat in "his seat" even tonight after bad news!,,
Chocolates

Thanks everyone for the replies. I think he's putting me on adcal - I'll find out on Friday. Feeling a little out of sorts tonight - not really sure why but I'm sure a good nights sleep will make me feel better in the morning. Hopefully not coming down with a cold - always feel a bit like this when I know my immune system is fighting something. Summer colds the worst so let's hope my immune system clicks in quickly whatever it is.

Hi Cherry - I had a nagging pain in sternum which gradually got worse over time. It started with a very sharp pain for one day and then gradually built up. I knew it wasn't good news but did put off see onc for a while. Not the best policy. Eventually when I had my pet scan my lungs were littered too so I think it's always best to get everything checked out. Don't worry about asking - it's better to get checked than leave it.

Huge hugs everyone - another really warm day here - temp didn't drop below 20 last night so hoping it will do so tonight. Fed up of hot sweats etc.

Hxxxx
vercors

Good afternoon everyone. 

Cholocate, I take a daily calcium tablets, I get them on repeat prescription from my GP. They come in a couple of flavours. They remind me of Love Heart sweets. Not that I like the chalky feeling. 

They do their job, so I am not complaining.

Cherry, my symptoms were a painful rib which I thought was a pulled muscle. My GP dismissed it but as my onc had told me that they would not tolerate any pains lasting for more than 2 consecutive weeks, I contacted him directly. He organised an MRI then a CT to see if it had spread anywhere else. It was bone met on rib and hip. I  am glad to say that mets have healed and I have been stable for 2 1/2 years.  I understand the hypochondriac state we are all in. I am lucky that my onc take me seriously and checks everything. A coupel of times my worries were not justified. 

Welcome Kimi, I hope you find the support that you need here. 

Have a great evening everyone. 

rosie53

Hi Cherry, my pain started in my hip and it travelled down my leg and was being treated for sciatica this was last Aug the pain got progressively worse so they sent me for an x-ray which showed something up so had bone scan which showed me to have mets!!
I was 7yr from my primary and it never even crossed my mind it could be anything sinister i hadnt even heard of "mets" before, im sure your pain is nothing to worry about but just for peace of mind if i was you i would ask to be scanned.

Hi Shelia, yes i also see my Christie onc at my local hospital at a Thurs clinic which is great as it would be a pain having to get to The Christie for appts, my onc is ****** and she has been brilliant!!
love Janette x x x
bill-ben

Reading all these posts it makes you realise what a post code lottery the treatment we get on the NHS is. I know I chose to go to our local hospital (nearest large one 150 mile round trip away) but can only see any of the cancer doctors on a Thursday it's the only day they are actually there! It is three months today since my mastectomy and apart from the brain zapping the only drugs I have had so far are steroids. Off to see the onc tomorrow so I shall be jumping up and down and demanding that something should be happening soon!!! Best of luck to everyone with their treatment! VickyXXXX

2catlady

Hi,cherry,I was diagnosed with primary and bone mets at same time. I have always suffered from arthritis of the spine so it didn't feel any different for me and came as huge shock! The hormones do cause aching joints so a lot of pain is down to that too,something we just have to get on with I'm afraid.
Some ladies have had spontainius Bones break and diagnosed with mets.
I would ask your GP/onc for a scan to put your mind at rest.
Sorry I can't be much help,huge hugs,Helen x
CherryH

Hi  - all you positive 'bony' ladies .... I've been reading all your wonderful supportive posts and looking for the one thing that could answer my question. I haven't found it so I'm asking ....

What were your first symptoms that made you go back to your GP ? Were you able to suspect there was a difference between possible arthritis and bone mets? I know I have to go back ONCE AGAIN with paranoid hypochondria for peace of mind (I hope), but I'm sure the doc will be shaking his head once more as I present yet another symptom of possible secondaries.  I had BC nearly 2 years ago, mastectomy and radiotherapy, and now 2 years into 5 years of anastrozole - which, of course, causes joint pain. So far, every twinge, lump, ache and anxiety has shown nothing menacing, but now my right leg aches ...

What a lovely group of girls (with possibly the occasional guy?) you are. I'm sorry you have your problems but I welcome any info on initial symptoms - thanks! 

love Cherry

roxy12

Hi Natalie, you are at the same hospital as me although at the moment I am being seen at the local hospital where they have a Christie department.  I still see the same onc though as I see at the Christie. I have always found my treatment really good.

Kimi, I must have pressed the wrong key and spelt your name wrong. Sorry. Xx

roxy12

Chocolates, that is brilliant news! Treatment definitely working😀 hope you enjoyed your glass of wine. I enjoyed mine and I'm not celebrating anything.

Helen, your hospital is full of surprises isn't it? I can't get over your onc. Not only does he not inform you about the MRI scan he hasn't got the manners to see you himself with results. It shouldn't be the nurse who has to give results out. He should be there so that if necessary he can tell you his next plan of action. My onc always has the next treatment ready to explain. Hope all goes well next week. Love Sheila xx

roxy12

Hi Kim,

Sorry to hear of your progression to liver. I know it is a shock when you have any new spread. Hope your new treatment sorts it out for you. Take care. Love Sheila. Xx

rosie53

PS the Christie nurse gives me the calcium tabs when i get the injection you don't have to buy them you should get them on rx
Janette x x
rosie53

Morning Chocolates, good to hear your appt went well last night, markers down 🙂 lasts brill! Iv been taking Calcichew D3 Forte since i started on Denosumab it is important to keep your calcium levels good as if they get too low they won't give the Denosumab, thats what iv been told by my onc
Helen what can i say!!! You are a very patient lady, think i would have checked out of Fawlty Towers by now the place is a joke and its not fair you shouldnt have to put up with it, good luck with your scan.
Hi Kimi, sorry you have had to join us but your very welcome, iv only been on a few months (got mets in hip, spine and ribs dx March) all the ladies on hear are very kind and helpful and have been a massive support to me.
Take care love an hugs Janette x x
2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies,
Fantastic news chocolate xxxxxxx hope you celebrated with glass of wine. As for the vit D & calcium I've heard lots of ladies are told to take this and get it on prescription if on bone strengtheners for mets.I did ask the nurses on onc and but they said no you don't need it(but from them I'd take that with a pinch of salt) I take my own vit D,mind saying that with the sun at moment I've probably made a years worth in my body lol.

As for results when we asked him if CT scan shows anything up he said BCN will ring with results (haaaa haaaa,chocolate fire guard springs to mind with her) and I'll see you in October !!!???

Hi,Kimi,welcome to this thread. We are a very friendly bunch .i didn't even know you could get mets in your foot,well this disease just keeps giving. I hope your treatment is kicking Cs butt but being kind to you.

Well I'm very chirpy today as finally went to GP and he gave me a weeks sleeping pills as I was not sleeping and felt like I was running on empty and totally ,down in the dumps.Oh boy what a good nights sleep does I feel great! Even pain is better ,yippeee,I'll be leaping tall building later so watch out for me lol
Well,lovely ladies,have a fantastic day,massive hugs to you all and stay strong,Helen xxxxxxxxxx
Chocolates

Welcome Kimi, sorry you've had to join us. I too have sternum mets but at the moment they are healing and fingers crossed no where else. The ladies on here are lovely and very supportive of each other. You can post anything you want - it's especially useful for treatment options and how to cope with se's as well as perhaps the most important - general understanding of what we are all going through. Have heard really good things about kadcyla so fingers crossed it works for you.

Helen - faulty towers -say no more. What on earth is going on? An MRI to the head that you knew nothing about. I would never have been able to do it - so well done for having the scan. Do you think you could book earlier appt with your onc as do you also have to wait till October for your ct results. Obviously I'm being a bit presumptuous as you haven't had it yet - fingers crossed faulty towers are ready for you. But an earlier onc appt surely would be helpful - it's too long a wait.

Bill-Ben lovely to hear from you. Pleased you've finished being zapped. What a wait though till results. Why so long. It really niggles me that we wait so long for results etc. they really don't understand what it's like.

My onc was pleased tonight - only bloods etc before herceptin and perjeta on Friday. He did ask me about calcium tablets though - I'm not currently on them nor vit d but he wants me to take from now on even though my levels are fine he says I should be on them as having denansomab. Anyone else on these? Anyway markers down again so all is well. He's away next time so don't have to see him again till September - glass of wine coming my way now to celebrate.

Anyway - in true british fashion - the weather. It's hot and sticky again tonight. Wasn't expecting it so a bit annoyed. Tomorrow is meant to be cooler so fingers crossed as not coping so well in the heat.

Love to everyone.

Huge hugs xxxx
Homer

just joining in with you boney ladies

may take me a while to read through the posts in here !

i am boney too had sternum mets but sternum removed and rebuilt,

now have bone mets in spine,shoulder & right foot plus new spread to liver

i started kadcyla a few weeks ago, i have number 3 tomorrow

fingers crossed its doing its job

look forward to getting to know you all

kimi x

bill-ben

Just having a quick catch up with the "bony ladies" as I have been doing abit of the "brainy" bits since getting diagnoed with that as well as the liver!!! Glad to see people feeling positive and helping each other along. Even if I don't post anything I do like to have a quick catch up reading when I can , as everyone says you learn so much and find every extra thing you learn a help. I have just finished getting my brain zapped but told instead of the four weeks to see the rads doctor have to wait until a rather a daughting date of 9/11!!! Off to see the onc on Thursday but this time going with a mountainous list of pre written out questions with space to write the answers as my brain doesn't always remember but I do now know there is a brain in there as it has been  MRI'd so it is in there!! We are lucky here in North Devon weather still brilliant no rain like elsewhere sat in the garden at gone 7pm typing just making the most of being a lady of leisure at the moment. Virtual hugs to all you ladies out there!!

2catlady

Hi,chocolate,good luck with your onc appointment xxxx huge hugs xxxxxxx

Another episode at Fawlty Towers:

I'm just back from MRI!!!! Apparently my onc had arranged it for my head?? When I told him I had tooth ache. All news to me. I said to receptionist why am I having this,she said your doctor arranged it! She said have you filled in paper work ,I said I haven't even got an appointment letter as you only rang to say come in. I had some god knows what injected in arm and my head scanned.Heavens only know if I'll find out results of mystery mri as I don't see him until october(if he's not on holiday lol)
But I do have my long last ,fought for CT scan on monday( well I hope I am)
God it's like waiting for a bus non come along then two at once,even if one is a magical mystery tour bus lol
Hope you all had a great day,especially as it's cooling down to a more manageable, fresher temperature . Mind give it a couple of months and we will be moaning of the cold,oh only the Brits could talk about the weather on a cancer forum.lol
Huge hugs lovely ladies,take care and stay strong,Helen xxxxx

Tracy,thinking of you ,huge hugs(((((xxxxx)))))
rosie53

Hi Ladies, hope you are all feeling well, weather has turned cooler and a lttle damp here in Manchester but cant complain after the lovely week we have had.

Sara you are sounding a lot more positive now and that is great to hear because i think i am right in saying you had us all worried for a time!! just remember we are always here to sound off to, most of us have hit rock bottom from time to time and it no surprise as we have to live with horrible disease but us girls are made of strong stuff and it won't keep us down for long!!

Good luck to anyone having scans, results etc

Love and hugs to Chocolate, Helen, Shelia, Bev and all my other cyber buddies out there, take care Janette xxxx