353449posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Janette,have a fantastic time xxx Bowness is beautiful whether it raining or sunny. It's raining when we are in paris at weekend,but as long as I see Mickey I'm happy. Also I can use my New Mickey umbrella for Christmas lol.

Glad you found the bone mets thread Maxine,we are a very friendly lot ,if somewhat daft as brushes at times. But we all get each other through the tough times and celebrate the good times.
Huge snuggly hugs to everyone, Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi ladies, hope you have all had a nice relaxing christmas, i was dreading it but so far my mood and emotions remain in tacked!!!
We are off to Bowness in the morning for a few days, just checked the weather and wouldnt you know it there is 80% chance of rain oh well would rather be in rainy Bowness than rainy Manchester 🙂
Wishing all you wonderful ladies all the best for the new year love and hugs Janette x x x
Highlighted

.PTRe: Bone mets - please join in

Hi everyone hope you all had a good day today! I agree totally with catlady about having to put on a brave face when your feeling terrible but as cat lady said & I totally agree I don't feel right putting my family through this & not knowing what's going on in their heads, it's bound to be hard for them. Please try and have a relaxing & peaceful evening. Sending big hugs to you all. Maxine

Highlighted

Good afternoon lovely ladies,how are we all doing? Hope everyone managed Christmas as I know what an emotional time it can be for us.
Cw17,I totally understand what you mean. I really struggled with Christmas /new year emotionally this year ,I thought I was coping then it just hits you. Yes,I know we all put a smile on and pretend everything is okay and our hearts are breaking inside for the sake of our families and wish we didn't have to put them through this,so we all understand how you feel. Xxxxxxxx
Huge hugs to everyone, Helen xxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi everyone,
Hope you all had a lovely Xmas, have been reading the posts and wishing everyone who has been unwell, get well wishes!!!!
Good luck to those who have appts., scans, results and treatments this week!!!!
I've had a lovely Xmas seeing family only downside is the severe joint pain which has got worse since being on the exemestane, besides other side effects!!!!! Feel like a little old lady when I first get up or when I get up from sitting !!!!! Next treatment for herceptin and pertuzumab is next week my 5th cycle!!!! Long may this treatment last !!!
Love to all and big hugs!!!
Julie xx
Highlighted

Helo to all, haven't been on here for a while but have just caught up with the posts. Seems we have all managed to get through Christmas..just New Year to go!! We are at a big family party and i know this sounds awful but its the last thing i want to do. Am i the only one who feels like this? I know i just have to get on with it and put on a smile, even if its only for my daughter. Sure we all feel that our children are our world!!

Just wish i didnt have to put her trough all this.

Anyway, wanted to send love to all, especialy those who have been having a bigger struggle than usual and all who are awaiting appointments and test results. xx

Highlighted

Thanks Sheila....and hi to everyone. Hope all of you that have cold and flu bugs ate on the mend.
At last i feel as though this damn infection is lifting after 3 weeks! I'm still breathless and can only breathe in short gasps when moving round but hopefully chemo will be on for this fri.
I'm hoping youve all enjoyed your xmas and are looking forward to a happy healthy peaceful new year.
Love to all xxxxx
Highlighted

Lynn, that's great news. I know it gave me a lift when my news was stable after feeling so miserable for weeks. Hope it has made your Christmas.

Chocolates, I hope those antibiotics start to work quickly and you manage to enjoy some of your holiday.

Bev, I hope you are soon on the mend and your cough eases.

To those I have missed, I hope you are all well enough to enjoy New Year.

Happy new year to you all. Love Sheila xxx

Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,
Oh chocolate you have a right dose. I always got ill on hols and okay for work too grrrr . Snuggle up with a blankly and eat chocs in front of TV.
Oh.LD,you will have a fab time so beautiful in lakes. Great time to go as not full of tourists lol.
Oh,Julie D,you are having a yacky time with bug too. Have you seen GP as may be a bacterial infection and you may need ABs to clear it.
I've got blasted earache today,it had better not turn into a bug or I'll be cross as off to see Mickey Mouse next Sunday ,yippeeee.
Huge hugs to everyone,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Morning ladies, still struggling with my cold - ab's have helped with throat but chesty cough is still following me around and won't stop!!! I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm going to be unwell for the whole holidays and then get better for back to work!! Just typical.
Right back to the lemsips

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Huge hugs xxx
Highlighted

Hi Janette, going on Monday until Sunday and we stay about 20 mins outside Kendal (so not really in Lake District)- very peaceful and quiet after a hectic Christmas. Had a lovely New Years Eve a few years in Bowness with a bottle of champagne by the lake at midnight. Xx
Highlighted

Hey LD where abouts in the Lakes are you going? Are you going for New Years Eve? X
Highlighted

Hey janette..Kuga queen!! Great that youve had your lovely new car! Enjoy it you deserve it! xxxx
Highlighted

Ooh you got your shiny new car Janette - you'll definitely be riding round like Lady Muck!
Billben and Helen, thought it was only me who loves to get rid of Christmas early! My tree is coming down tomorrow so we don't have to do it when we come back from the Lakes next week.
Enjoy the rest of the day everyone. Xx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Lynn that's reat news! It's good to be able to relax a bit once you've got your results and they are good!

Still got the blasted virus here, have been realy rough all over the Christmas holidays - thank goodness we had no visitors arranged! Can't be feeling great as most nibbles and sweets still untouched!! I think I'm coughing a little less today so fingers crossed. Hope everyone else is improving too.

Lots of love to you all xx

Highlighted

Glad you're feeling better LD,or at least on the mend. It's ridiculous how hospitals suddenly realise is Christmas and go to pot! They should be open like any other day ,it's not that cancer takes Christmas off! The police and fire service manage !

Billben,you are like me I'm itching to take decs down. I love them up before Christmas but now they are annoying me. I'm trying to sneakily put pressies away as the piles under tree as driving me mad. Hubby says I'm not allowed to touch sons lol!! Maybe when hubbies at match tomorrow I'll do a bit more sneaky tidying up lol.
Huge hugs,Helen xxx
Oh Janette , glad you got car. Xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Morning ladies hope all off you who have the dreaded lurgy are feeling better. I shouldn't tempt fate but since having a flu jab last year and this I haven't had even a cold. It could be the germs have taken one look at me and decided I have beeen so full of all sorts of drugs they don't want to come near me or just maybe not working with the public I have avoided their germs. I am now sitting looking at the Christmas decorations trying to resist the urge to take them down. Hubby was back at work yesterday so it doesn't feel like Christmas anymore! We normally take our decs down early, we have been known to take them down on Boxing day in the past. We had a lovely day with middle son and wife and kids and youngest and girlfriend here. I did a buffet which made for a lovely relaxed day. Hoping to get together with the eldest and his girlfriend and her kids next week when oh has a day off. Hope you all have a good day.  

Highlighted

LD, i was there from 9.30 til 11 usually i have done at an out-reach clinic so i dont have to travel to the Christie.
Lynn, i forgot to congratulate you on my earlier post, so pleased for you, you must be feeling such relief.
I picked up my shiney new mobililty car christmas eve, a white Ford Kuga feel like lady muck driving around in it!!! : - )
Hugs Janette x x x
Highlighted

Good morning everyone
Helen, I am beginning to feel a bit more normal after a good sleep but still don't know why there's so many problems just because it's Christmas. Maybe its a good job your ward was shut after all!
Lynn, great news, so pleased for you.
Bev, hope you start feeling better soon. Fab that you slept so long as you're usually up at stupid o'clock struggling to sleep.
Janette, we must have been having fun there at the same time yesterday. We need to have a secret sign then we know who each other are if we're ever there at the same time again!! Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon and be healthy for your trip to Bowness.
LD x
Highlighted

Oh,janette,honestly you would think this Christmas thing had just been sprung on hospitals!! Absolutely terrible.as we don't have enough to cope with . Hope your bronchitis clears up soon. Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxx
Highlighted

Morning ladies, its a cold one here today but luckily no snow.
Hope you all had a wonderful christmas/boxing day.
Lemmondrizzle, think your at the same hospital as me, i had a right old time too, once i finally found the ward i needed to be on the nurse told me they didnt have my records then i was told i needed to go down to pharmacy to collect my denosumab and zoladex, got there and was told it was on the ward!!! Goes back to the ward to be no it was not there....ggrrr, eventually after and hour and half i got my injections!!!
Hope everyone who has this nasty chesty bug is feeling better, it went on my chest and i now have bronchitis, been put on clarithromicyn and am not feeling a bit better.
take care hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,oh wow Lynn,fantastic news xxxx
Chocolate ,hope the ab's are kicking in xxxx
Bev,I'm sure things will get better,it's a daft comment from onc.xxxx
Belinda I had a fab time singing xxxx
Tracy glad everything went okay for you xxxx
LD,that's shocking! I hope you're starting to feel a bit more you today xxxx
Huge ,warm hugs to everyone,Helen xxxxxxx
Highlighted

So happy for you Lynnq-fantastic news!!!

Sleep well and enjoy the rest of your Christmas holiday with the knowledge of such a positive scan result!!!

Mowser xxx 

Highlighted

Hello ladies...just winding down after a hectic two days. Spent yesterday with our daughter who made us a lovely Christmas dinner and then today everyone came here to us.....it is our 46th wedding anniversary......our 3 grown up children with their OHs and our 4 granddaughters and one pet dog....

Had the letter regarding my scan results on Christmas Eve....it said that I was stable and that there is - "no new progression of bony disease, no new problems elsewhere and the previously mentioned peritoneal problems were no longer present" - wonderful news indeed.....

Hoping that you all had a good Christmas. Xx
Highlighted

Kaye....great news for you...you must be thrilled! Lets hope it continues 😀

Well this bug certainly seems to have gotten the better of a lot of us this year! My Onc says its a particularly bad one and half the staff in my hospital have it! Ive been put on doxycycline antibiotics now for 7 days which they give to patients with pneumonia and 5 days of prednisolone 10 mg...6 every morning to help my breathing. One good thing though is these are not keeping me awake at night....quite the opposite. I slept till 9.45 this morning! !
I asked Onc if my breathing would get any better in time after the steroids and chemo have finished and the infection has gone (because I can't imagine it being any worse than this) but she just said "well you have an awful lot going on there in the lung so we'll have to just see". Dont know what she meant by that except that it didnt sound very optimistic 😦
Hope you all feel better soon and enjoy the rest of the holiday!
Love and hugz...bev xxx
Highlighted

What a day! Had treatment but nothing ready when I got there because no one had thought to take it off hold on Wednesday so it would be made early this morning. Had to wait 3 hours before it could be given to me. Shattered when I got home so had a nap but now awake again. Wouldn't say I'm raring to go but feeling more upto visiting relatives now. Hope you start to feel better, Chocolates and that everyone else is feeling strong enough. Xx
Highlighted

Christmas Day dinner was so nice yesterday all three of my sons and one girlfriend. Last year was the first one without my parents and without wishing to sound heartless I had had visions of it being so happy and relaxed. This is becuase my mother had had dementia for several years and Christmases had become so stressful. Unfortunately it was only 3 months after she passed away that I had my secondary diagnosis so there was such a big cloud hanging over us last year at Christmas time. Obviously my situation hasn't changed or at least not for the better health wise but still so much better than the last year. Other half went off to football today so we all had a lovely Boxing Day walk with the dog aswell. Hope the Cape works it's magic for me and we can do the same next year.
Hope everyone else has had a peaceful and enjoyable few days and wishing us all luck with our treatments for the new year xxx
Highlighted

Glad you got some anti-b's Chocolates, yes they should start to make you feel better tomorrow.
Enjoy the Frozen sing song Helen, have taken part myself, lot of fun.
Hope everyone's ok today.
X
Highlighted

Hi Sheila and Helen, yes I have an infection so have ab's. She said tomorrow I should start to feel a lot better. Sheila my wbc was low on Tuesday but my neuts were fine so obviously I had the beginning of something and I can't shake it now. I do so want to feel better - I hate feeling like this. However the arrival of the two main men has cheered me up no end. Helen, what are you like - dc is asking me if he can rub in some Vicks. I'm seriously blushing!!!
Sheila - lovely to see you posting I do so hope you are getting stronger everyday.
Sing a long to frozen - I've watched it twice in two days. Have a great time - I'll listen out for you later xx
Highlighted

Good afternoon lovely ladies,
Chocolate ,you do need antibiotics as I think you have infection and not a cold. Insist on them,you can't muck around with infections xxxxx I'll send DC and GC to look after you ,they can rub Vicks on anywhere you like !!xxxxx

Sheila,it's lovely to hear from you you have been a miss on here xxxxx

Tracy,how are you doing? Hope everything went well for you xxxxx

My sister is coming along and we are having a DVD of sing a long to Frozen ,yippeeeeee! It will be at top of my voice too hee hee!

Huge hugs to everyone and join in with the sing a long,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi Chocolates, I'm sorry you are feeling so unwell. I hope you get something that helps. Why don't you phone the nurse hotline. They might be better than your GP. Have you had your bloods done recently? Maybe your white cells are low. I am on injections for mine at the moment and I do feel better than I did last week.

Let us know how you go on won't you?

Get well SOON! Thinking about you.

Lots of love Sheila. Xxx

Highlighted

Morning ladies, hope you're all doing ok and recovering from yesterday. I've succumbed to the dreaded sore throat and have a drs appt at 11.40 - I need some antibiotics I think to clear this. 3rd cold in a month - my immune system is clearly struggling. I'm thinking I've just been unlucky - there are lots of bugs about - rather than me struggling with this disease. Now I'm hoping I get a sympathetic Dr and not one who doesn't believe in ab's and says you can fight it - as I'm really not feeling too well and know I need something.

Huge hugs everyone - will we get snow today?
Hxxxxx
Highlighted

Raising a glass to you all, lovely ladies and to absent friends. Enjoy your day tomorrow. Don't forget to ask for help and don't overdo it. Xxx

Highlighted

Kaye - fantastic news. Hope you have a great holiday xxx
Highlighted

Helen, lovely to see you back on here and hopefully feeling better. Make sure you make your hubbies do their fair share of work over the next few days!
Faraway, you're being treated despicably but you've got lots of great advice off here - don't let it spoil Christmas, let the battle begin after the festive season though.
Hope everyone has a peaceful Christmas Eve, reserving energy for tomorrow.
LD x
Highlighted

Oh wow,Kaye,that's FANTASTIC xxx a great Christmas pressy.
Have a wonderful Christmas and a great time on your hols xxxxxxxxxxx,huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Kaye, that's fab news - now enjoy Christmas and then your holiday.
LD x
Highlighted

Kaye thats fab!!!! Lovely christmas present for you 🙂
hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Well good news today TM gone down to 18 on Cape so they've given me another week off to go and enjoy my hols,one week in Tenerife.Hope everyone has agood Xmas and happy new year .
Take care all
Kaye xxxx
Highlighted

Hope everyone here has a Happy Christmas, a peaceful time. X
Highlighted

Thanks for the link Belinda I will seek advise from CAB and ACAS and sort these evil heartless employers out! Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and SE/seaonal viruses dont cause to many problems xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi Faraway, as already mentioned you are covered by the disability discrimination act. DON'T answer any of the questions, it's guesswork at best and your employer should not be asking such personal intrusive questions. Do you have a union representative? Your employers cannot sack you, how horrible of them to be behaving this way. They are lucky you are not naming and shaming them in your local press. See link below.
https://www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010

Highlighted
Community Champion

Had a nice week last week, two pub Christmas lunches! One with some SBC friends and one with my sisters and parents. only problem is I've picked up the horrid virus that seems to be going round. Bad throat, coughing,phlegm ......Just hope it clears by Christmas.

I did have some good news a couple of weeks ago, had CT and bone scans brought forward due to pain but both showed me stable so can relax over the festivities.

I hope those of you waiting for results get good news too.

It's been quiet on live chat the past few weeks, would be lovely to see some of you there tomorrow but if you can't make it I'll share a mince pie with you on Christmas Eve.

Farawat I agree with the others, your employer has no right to ask such questions I hope you get it sorted and they are made to feel ashamed of themselves.

Best wishes to you all and strength to those suffering xx

Highlighted

Hi ladies, hope everyone is ok.
Faraway.....OMG i cannot believe what a heartless, insensitive lot you work for!!! How unfair you have enough to be dealing with without having to fight them too. As the others have said get in touch with CAB and ACAS they are very helpful
Helen, hope your ok not had any of your lovely posts for a few days.
Hope everyone else is ok.
hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Hi all! I'm not too bad thanks chocolates but still coughing with this bad chest. And the breathlessness is something else! Just walking up to bathroom last night i was gasping for air when i got there as if i couldnt draw in enough air into my lungs..frightening really. May come and sit with you later if DC doesnt mind.... xxxxx
Highlighted

Afternoon ladies - really manic here trying to get everything done after being poorly last week.

Faraway - I'm disgusted with your employers - I hope things turn out the way you want them to. Whatever happens I hope you complain at the top of the hills shouting and screaming - how dare they.

Hello everyone else - Bev, Helen how are you both doing? Sheila - lovely to see you posting again. I'm going to our retreat later - dc has asked me to pop in for a night cap - how can I refuse?!!!!

Hope you're all more organised than me. My star is shining brightly for you all xxx
Huge hugs xxx
Highlighted

Hi Faraway just a quickie about your employers. Their behaviour stinks. I would definately go to the CAB and Macmillian but I would also try ACAS as well. They have helped my son's girlfriend with her equally awfull employers .

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi
Firstly, edwina, it may be worth putting the same question on the E/E thread as well so some of the other ladies who've been on it can answer. Sorry I can't re enter its exact name, also that I can't help in any way other than sympathise about the mouth ulcers which I got with my first dose of Tax. They can be horrendous and affect everything you do 😞
Faraway, I cannot believe your work is asking all these questions. You may want to get advise from Macmillan or citizens advice as I'm sure they can't do this to you. It's been mentioned before but you are covered by the disability discrimination act and I bet they wouldn't do it to anyone else who has any form of disability. Hoping your day isn't too long and you do get your chemo done but I know what you mean about not wanting it.
To everyone else on this thread hoping you are doing well, getting good results and not getting too stressed about the extra stuff we all have to do and deal with at this time of the year. Apologies for not being more specific I can't read back at the moment.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi everyone, so much has happened on here since my last post, so much news its hard to keep up. I am fighting work all the way with them trying to get rid of me, Onc has been very supportive and said any questions they ask him he will sit down with me and we will work out the answers together. The cheeky buggers have asked for my life expectancy I mean how dare they, that really did make me mad! Got third docetaxel in 5 hours but neutrophils were not high even so need another blood test first which means hanging around for hours for the results. i am on the GCSF injections so I thought my bloods would have been fine. Part of me thinks it would be nice if it was delayed for a week so I could enjoy Christmas. Good luck to everyone having treatment/results. Big cyber hugs xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi Edwina64, your mouth ulchers sound awful and I have not experience them but have the skin rash inc blisters I was given a steriod cream from Onc which started to work within a couple of days, the itch eased and it soon started to clear up, maybe you could phone GP and ask for some? Good luck with everything, sending you a cyber hug x