cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

So Cw17, it couldnt be any better!!! 

So please stop worrying now, and you go and enjoy the rest of your day you lovely lady!!!

Mowser xxx

Highlighted

Cw17, have no fear you have a researcher here!!!

It is a scale used to detemine your current state of health given your cancer diagnosis. It is scaled in intervals of 10's running from 0-10.  

Your 0 reading is fantastic!!  This is what it means......

Asymptomatic (Fully active, able to carry on all predisease activities without restriction)

Highlighted

Oh Mowser,fantastic you go girl xxx wow you are on a roll,holiday and new cars yippeeee!
Massive hugs,Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Hi,Cw,we all know what you mean ,it's very hard to put a brave face on and emotionally draining at times.i find it hard when people say oh your so brave and look so well and I want to burst out crying .i do at times! I know they mean well but I don't think anyone not in our situation can know how it feels.
I remember seeing palliative care on my rads form and it really upset me too. They have to put that as it's not curable,but I do with they wouldn't . I don't know what the performance status means as I've not seen that,sorry
We are all here for you sending you massive hugs,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Hello to all you lovely ladies. Just wanted to echo all the New Tear comments that have been posted. As i was expecting i found it all very emotional..just so hard to keep putting a brave face on everything. Its so comforting to know you are all out there knowing exactly what it feels like.

I wonder if any of you can help me.. I went to hospital on Xmas eve to get next cycle of cape and saw the oncology Dr instead of my Onc. I got a copy of the GP letter on New Years Eve (why i opened it on that day i have no idea!!)...it was headed 'palliative chemotherapy'..which really depressed me...somehow seeing it in writing makes the seriousness of it all so much more real. It also said 'Performance Status:0' and i have no idea what this means but as usual think the worst. has anyone got ny ideas?

Sending very best wishes to al. xx

Highlighted

Way to go Jenny!!

Its women like you that give so many of us on here so much hope and inspiration.  You keep it up!!!

Have hit the ground running today, this the second day of the New Year...

My heating and hot water have been fixed!!! Having a hot bath after I finish this email!!

Have started looking at Motability cars (soo excited-mine is an absolute tin pot worth nothing, and falling to pieces). Have got confirmation of  travel/medical insurance for our planned holiday end an to Mauritius-our first holiday for 18 months! Thanks to all who gave recommendations-we have had a quote of £352 from MIA for two of us for 10 days which I think is quite reasonable actually given our respective chronic conditions!! (He, heart, me sbc!) I was explaining the fact they repatriate back to the UK if we get sick over there to my partner, and he said 'Knowing my luck, I will probably die over there, and me, the half full kind of girl, said 'Yes but they will still bring you back, just in a box!!' Our humour is positively gallows these days!

We have found the Hotel we want to stay in!! Booking today. Have made appointment for doctors to get relevant jabs/malaria shizzle and letters confirming fit to travel etc. Even called the Mauritian High Commission to confirm it is acceptable to take Oromorph with me (recommended to do by insurance company).

So am on a roll today, and despite my liver pain, feeling excited!!! 

Hope all you lovely ladies are having a good day, are not in too much discomfort, and are enjoying every moment. This is one hell of a roller coaster ride (I was soooo down yesterday), but I am making the most of this upturn in my mood, and am all the better for having you guys to share it with.

Its a beautiful day out there, sun is shining. I have put my daughters xmas present of a bird bath in the apple tree, and it looks lovely. 

Huge hugs to all of you.

Mowser xxxxx

Highlighted

Happy new year and echoing the wish for it to be a kind one.

Spent the celebrations quietly, which was fine. It was wet here. Toasted another benchmark.

Hard to believe I've reached 2015 since getting my first diagnosis. I've just realised it's 10 years. Found a lump the xmas of 2004.

Thank you all so much for the support on here, it's been invaluable.

Highlighted

Happy New Year to you all. I hope that 2015 is kind to us all. Jackie xx

Highlighted

Happy new year everyone. Got my family around me today and I'm cooking a nice roast for everyone. It's a good way of taking my mind off everything. Going to pop into the other room later and sit in the armchair with a glass of baileys with dc.

So we come to another year ahead of us. Fingers crossed it is much easier for us all and we respond well to treatments which keep us stable.

Much love,
Hxxx
Highlighted

Happy new year to all my special friends. Hope its a good one and god is looking down n us all looking after us!!!
Its very wet here in Bowness so have no other option than to sit here in a bar hugging the log fire with nice glass of red...or two 🙂
hugs to all Janette x x x
Highlighted

Mavis and Sheila, you have both had an awful time. Really hope things are easier this year.
LD x
Highlighted

Good job Mavis-way to go!!

You get Stoic award of 2014!!!  So so pleased you are feeling better, long may it continue 

Hugs always, Mowser  xxx

Highlighted

What have I done? My Happy  new  year has got mixed up with fintys post don't know what I have done.Computers and me are not good friends  arghhhh .  

Highlighted

Happy New Year Everyone 

@finty wrote:

I was dx with a bone met at original dx in Oct 09. Recently I have been shamelessly picking the brains of other ladies with bone mets wherever I find them, and have found the process very helpful and often encouraging. It has enabled me to be less panicked about my prognosis, and given me a much better understanding of my condition. I now have a whole new set of questions to ask at my next consult - bet my onc can't wait!

I know I would find it very useful to have a designated thread where experiences can be shared, and advice sought - so if you agree and also have bone mets perhaps you could check in here and we could get the process started. I know it's a bit quiet at the moment, with many away on holiday - but here goes .....

finty x

Highlighted

Hi Mavis,

So glad things are so much better for you now. You have certainly been through it these past few months. I have been through a bad patch also where they didn't think there was anything more they could do but it just shows that you have to stay positive and you will come back fighting!

We all feel so low sometimes but like you I am in a much better place now. Hope you continue to improve daily.

Lots of love and good wishes for 2015. Xxx

Highlighted

Happy New Year to everyone - seconding all the sentiments expressed on the thread x

Highlighted

Happy new year ladies.........quiet night after a meal out....now enjoying the New Years day concert from Vienna....(on the TV!)...Good luck to us all for 2015!

Highlighted

To all the brave and selfless ladies on this forum have a peaceful, pain-free and side-effect-free 2015. I don't post often but I want you to know how much your positive,fighting and funny posts have meant. I have made New Year just a normal day, couldn't face celebrating so was in bed by 10pm, up and going for a ride on my horse by 9.30am!!!
Highlighted

Good morning everyone
Hope you all managed to get through last night without too many problems. I found it much harder than Christmas and my brave face well and truly disappeared as midnight approached. Picked myself up after a few hours, because we have to don't we, and managed to get a couple of hours sleep so feeling a bit better this morning. Dug out full waterproofs and off for a short walk by the river in the rain and then home for a bacon sandwich, so should be back on an even keel after that!
Hope everyone else is ok and germs and SEs not making you too miserable.
LD x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy New Year to all my bone friends ans everyone else who uses this thread.

I hope 2015 will bring us stability, effective treatments and strength to cope, alongside love, laughter and support.

Lots of love to you all xxxx

Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies and Happy New Year.
I slept through it I'm afraid .well until fire works woke me up at 12:00 and my angry eyes were flashing. I blame the millennium nobody did fire works until then grrrrr.lol
Hope everyone had a great time if you were partying or not like grumpy pants me lol
Huge New year hugs to everyone,Helen xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Happy New Year everyone x. Janet
Highlighted

Happy new year to all the ladies here

Highlighted

Happy New Year to everyone I wish you all a very peaceful and less painful and sick 2015! Let's party lol       Sending you all big hugs from me to you xxxx                                                                                                           Maxine.     

Highlighted

Happy New Year from me too - I don't post much but read the posts every day and it helps me to cope.

Tournesol x

Highlighted

Happy New Year to all the lovely ladies xxxxxxxxxxx
Wishing every one all the best for 2015 xxxxx
Highlighted

Happy New Year to all and a big thank you for all the support and information you have given me through out this journey. Good luck to every one going on with treatment in 2015 Love Macie x x x

Highlighted

I couldn't agree more Lemondrizzle. Wishing you lovely ladies a happy New Year, painfree and full of good news. Xxxx

Highlighted

Wishing everyone a happy and as healthy a new year as possible. Hope we continue to benefit from the wonderful support and friendship from each other, which I'm sure is a life line for us all.
Love and hugs
LD x💝
Highlighted

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year !!!
I hope that 2015 is a happier and healthier year for all !!!!
Love Julie
Xxx 🎆💝🎉🎉🎉🌅
Highlighted

From all of us at BCC -thanks for your best wishes and here's to a happy and healthy 2015 to all of you

Take care all

Highlighted

Mavis...lovely to read your post. You've been through so much but as always we're all here for each other. Lets all keep each other company again in 2015 and hope for a healthier happier year 💖💖💖
Love and hugs to you all xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Mavis, lovely to see you here! Hope everyone has a good year for kind, effective treatments. X
Highlighted

Well ladies - a healthy as possible new year to you all wherever you may be at the moment. Looking forward to you all holding my hand again this year as we continue our unique journey - this illness is dreadful but I feel privileged to be part of this group - so a double edged sword - without it I wouldn't have 'met' you all.
I won't be up long - lemsip and ab's to take then off to bed. Doesn't excite me now the new year but very happy for others to celebrate and party. I'm pleased for them.

Huge hugs xxx
Hxxxx
Highlighted

Mavis,you are a star. So glad you are a happy bunny again . We have been so worried about your absence .
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxx
Highlighted

Oh Mavis, so happy to see and read your post. You are most welcome to be back here - we've missed you. Fingers crossed that things really begin to settle for you. Happy New Year xxx
Highlighted

Hi lovely friends,I am now back"I Think from the Brink",I have had the most dreadful time but now much better Deo Gratias if 3 stone lighter. Everolimus after Taxol again caused Diarrrhea, low sodium, low haemaglobin the lot!! then MRI found cancer  cells in the space above the brain, so Everolimus replaced by Capecitabine, very mixed results from Cape, some diarrhea but worst I got the side effects "Foot Syndrome"lots of skin peeling and an ulcer on the heel, which has meant that chemo was stopped for 4 weeks, but slowly everything is healing and today I received my next months supply of Capecitabine and good results from blood tests. So now Storming Heaven for freedom from the "trots" and "rotting feet" It is quite a relief to talk with you all,using the desktop lately has been a step too far,My spirits are now on the up having sunk so low.One happy old Bunny!! Love and Light xxMavis

Happy New Year xx

Highlighted

Hello everyone, here to wish everyone a Happy New Year. OH and I are just having a quiet day today after a very busy, but enjoyable, Christmas....
Helen Have a good time in Paris - we went year before last when we had to cancel Florida...loved it....do hope your Ears etc. get all better before you go....are u flying

Maxine welcome..I have bone mets and have not had chemo only hormone therapy, like you ONC said saving chemo for -"the future should it become necessary"- I have been stable for 2 years on LETROZOLE

Wishing everyone else all the best, and as always thanks for all your support.....
Highlighted

Hi chocolates,

Hands up. Am not going away. Just glad to be feeling a bit better! Low HB now though due to chemo. Will have 2 units of blood on Friday and hopefully next chemo next Tuesday. 

Hope you have a fabulous New Year Chocolates. All the rest of you too. And those going away have a brill time!! 

Love and best wishes, from Sheila. Xxx p.s. Natalie, enjoy that new car! I will be looking out for it on the Christie car park! Xx

Highlighted

Morning all...morning helen! You lucky ducky....mickey and minnie are waiting for you! Hope you have a fa time. We took our daughter for her 5th birthday which was in a december...the winter parades are stunning. Enjoyed it so much we went again 2 years later in june!
Welcome Maxine to our lovely cyber family. Hope we can help and support you when needed.

Wishing all my friends here a Happy New Year....as good as it can be...with better health, better test results and continued hope for the future that things will improve for us.
I don't really enjoy the new year celebrations and will just quietly watch the fireworks on tv with family close by..... (but will raise a glass of baileys to us all).
A huge thank you for the support and advice you've given me since joining in the summer.
I'm off to clinic this morning as i have chemo on Sat!
Love and hugz to you all....bev xxxxxx
Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,hope we are all well.roll call is a bit sparse !
Oh a lot of us are off on jolly hols,yippeeee!
I'll let you off roll call as you sent a letter lol xxxx
How's everyone's bugs,hope they are all going now and you are all feeling okay.

Jo,was thinking about you yesterday. I hope everything went okay for you and your dad. I bet you got a shock with cold in NE xxxxxx

Anybody heard from Mavis? It's been ages since she's been on here and she was a bit poorly.
Can bcc send her an email please as we are worried about her.
I'll wish everyone on the forum and bcc all the best for the new year ,huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Helen I'm glad I found it too Thanks! I hope you have a great time in Paris & don't forget your Mickey umbrella whatever you do lol xx. Maxine.

Highlighted

Hi lemon Drizzle! Thank you very much for the welcome! I agree with you there you really do get fed up with putting on brave face! I'm still trying to use the brave face but it doesn't work all the time haha. xx. Maxine.

Highlighted

Hi Natalie Thanks very much for the welcome.xx Maxine.

Highlighted

Thanks Chocolates for the welcome! Sorry I'm only getting back to you now but I'm still learning about about the forum but I'll get there in among you all haha. Big hugs Maxine.

Highlighted

Forgot to say - there is a london meet up for sbc ladies in jan - if you are near and want to come then please pm me. Won't post details on here as its public.
Hxx
Highlighted

So you're all going away - good on you - hope LD and Jeanette you have a good break and feel refreshed on your return. Helen - Paris awaits you - so hurry up and get rid of those bugs so you can truly enjoy yourself. Welcome Maxine - sorry you've had to join us but you will find lots of support from all the ladies here.

So hands up all of us not going away!!!
Huge hugs,
Hxxx
Highlighted

Helen, hope you have a fab time in Paris, say hello to Mickey for me 🙂
LD, iv given the chauffeur strict instructions to only wake me once we have arrived at our destination!!! Iv packed my brolly and boots 🙂 you have a lovely time and enjoy your break away.
Hi Maxine, welcome to the mets forum.
Hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

LD,lol at Mickey for a new hubby,oh I'd hate to upset Minnie lol xxx
I'm just hoping manky ears and sore throat clear up,or I'll have to put angry eyes on lol
Have a fantastic time in lakes xxxxx
Highlighted

Good evening everyone
Fed up of having my brave face on for over a week now so have escaped to Lake District and given family strict instructions not to visit us!
Janette, you're definitely right! It's much better being up here than in Manchester whatever the weather. Make sure your chauffeur drives your new car carefully while you have a little snooze on the journey!
Helen, bet you're getting super excited as your Disneyland Paris trip gets closer - hope you're feeling better and nothing lingers for very long. Just remember Mickey can't be another of your husbands!
Maxine, welcome. Everyone is very friendly and full of wonderful advice.
Enjoy your evening whatever you're doing.
LD x