1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Bevlaar

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Thank you for all your lovely message and good wishes. Im starting to feel more normal this morning. Still have the loose cough but hoping this will have improved by the time i have chemo on thursday.
Sending love to you helen and hoping you start to feel better this week. Please keep us updated Chocolates.

Hoping all the other ladies are well and good luck to those having treatment or results this week.
💖💖💖💖💖
JulieD
Community Champion

Just a quick one for Sianie. I have just heard a friend from another site have really good results from Exemstane. She was in a very bad way before Christmas and they had to stop chemo and it looked like there was no treatment options left. She is on Extemestane now and her bloods and liver functions have improved dramatically, they are even talking about trying a trial drug in the future! I hope it works as well for your mum x

Jam

Nicky you say your on letrozole and have aches and pains. It could be the brand you are taking causing the aches. Make a note of the brand and ask your pharmacist for a different brand next prescription my knees and hands are bad with one of them it's trial and error but we now avoid the one that doesn't suit me. Hope this helps. Sianie I've been the opposite to your mum had Exemstane with primary now on Letrozole so think they try one then when that's not working give a different one. Some of the other ladies might know more. x Janet x
nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Sianie
I am now on letrozole so may not be able to help as your Mum has already been on this drug. I have previously been on Arimidex in 2008 after FEC chemo and this kept my bone mets stable for nearly 5 years so I do know different hormone treatments work well even if another has stopped working.
Take care
Nicky x

Sianie

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely mothers on here. Sending cyber hugs to Helen, hoping you picking up. Nicky08 - my mum is due to finish 18 weeks of taxol in April and then after a rest is going to start on Exemstane hormone tablet, as I just read you are now on a hormone tablet, have you had or know anyone who have had any success with it ? My mum was on letrozole after her primary bc but then secondaries were found in December xxx
Marie123

Hi To all my new friends.

Have had a better week , just a couple of hiccups. But have felt better, thanks for all your support it has helped.

Thinking of those who are having a difficult time and sending lots of good wishes and get well thoughts. Good luck to all awaiting results this week.

Take care love

Marie

Chocolates

Hi ladies, hope we are all being spoilt. Sheila, really pleased you're being scanned tomorrow - let's hope results are quick and you can move swiftly on to the next stage. Helen that's fantastic news re your results. So so pleased for you. Bev I hope you are felling a little better and ready for your busy week. Will be thinking of you.
Helen is a little better - her temp is down but unfortunately so is her blood pressure. It seems the new ab's are working. They just need to sort out the blood pressure and then hopefully she will be allowed home. She's still very tired but sends huge hugs to you all. Bev she was really pleased to hear you are home. Let's hope that Helen gets home this week too.
Huge hugs everyone, good luck to all of you having scans/treatment/results this week.
Hxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums out there/on here and to all of those seeing their own Mums today.
Glad to see you are back at home Bev and hope you have been spoilt today. Rest up, you have a busy week ahead and fingers crossed for good results from the scans and appointments.
Helen, I hope you are feeling a bit, if not a lot, better and that you too are home soon.
Hi to everyone else and good luck with your scan tomorrow Sheila.
I will be catching up with everyone's news as and when I can next week as we are off on a short break, something both OH and I really need to re charge our batteries after getting over the IV chemo I finished in December. Still struggling with aches and pains from the hormone tablets but have packed enough paracetamol to sort me out should I need it. Hope you all have a good week. Ciao
Nicky x

sivam

Love and Light to Bev and Helen. Helen44 such good news xx

rosie53

Morning ladies, Happy Mothers Day to all you mums out there.
Bev its great to hear you are home, hope you are resting up.
Helen, thinking of you, hope you are doing ok, sending lots of cyber hugs and positive thoughts your way
Shelia, glad you managed to get a cancellation scan for tomorrow so your treatment plan can be put in place earlier now.
Hi to all hope you are having a good wkend.
Hugs Janette x x
funnyface
Community Champion

Bev, Glad you are home. You sure have a busy schedule this week! Try to find time for some rest and maybe a little fun! I forget which chemo you are on.   

"Other" Helen ...Great news! Enjoy watching the race!

Hugs Funnyface

roxy12

Hi LemonDrizzle, thanks for good wishes. Will be glad to get it done! Apparently treatment for stereotactic radiotherapy takes a week or so so the sooner the better.

Bev, I'm really glad you are home. Hospital is probably the best place when you are I'll but I think home is best for convalescing. Rest and pamper this weekend, you have a busy week ahead.

Love to Helen. I also think you need to Change oncs. He sounds a waste of space! Get well quickly.

Lots of love Sheila xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Helen44 - great news! never feel bsdly about sharing good news it gives us all a boost.

Bev, glad you are home, rest and enjoy being back. Sounds like a busy week next week, hope all goes well.

Chocs and Julie, thank you for keeping us updated. Sounds like she needs to change to the other Onc. Hope the bloods and new AB's do the trick and is home soon.

Belinda that made me chuckle. Hope everyone has a reasonable weekend. My partner has a stinking cold so I'll probably get it and be miserable next week - hate colds!

stresshead

Helen 44...great news.!!

Bev,,glad to hear you're home...take it easy.

Much love to Helen.xxx

belinda

Lovely to hear you are home Bev. Hope you can now get your strength back and feel more yourself. X
A huge thank you Chocs and Julie for the update on Helen. Good to know she knows we are all sitting just outside with our angry eyes screwed in.
Hi Helen, BG and DC and GC have their angry eyes in and have set up camp just outside hospital entrance in a hedge, plus BG brought in his favourite jam jar of tarantulas, for you to keep by your bed but darn health and safety wouldn't allow. 😞 That and the aprons, well they do all look at a little eccentric . 🙂 take care. X
Great to read all the good news here too. 🙂 Always good to hear! Have a peaceful weekend all. X
geordiex

thanks for that I think her onc is maybe best staying away and she needs to change to ours Mr V xxxxx

juliemo3

Hello ladies, as we are all worried about, and thinking of Helen, I just wanted to say that I visited Helen yesterday.
She was pale, fed up, but sitting up in bed, and we chatted for 2 hours. Twice during that time a Doc came to see her and he arranged for the CT for yesterday afternoon as all bloods etc clear of infection so they are unsure what is causing temp spikes. She had also seen 'our' Onc Geordie, earlier in the week.
The one person who she hasn't seen or heard from is her own Oncologist and this has rightly upset her.
Although she hasn't had scan feedback yet, she is on new antibiotics so something is happening.
Hopefully this will do the trick and she will be sent home in the next day or two.
I am sure Helen won't mind me sharing the above, as she knows everyone worried.
She is in good hands but feeling poorly when temp is up.
Love and hugs to you all
Stay strong
Julie x
Jam

Pleased your home Bev I'm sure you'll start to feel a lot better now will be thinking of you. Try to rest as much as possible before your busy week. Hugs x Janet x
LemonDrizzle

Really pleased that you're back in the comfort of your own home Bev, but make sure you get lots of rest as your week ahead sounds very busy.
Hoping that Helen can get the answers she needs asap.
Sheila, pleased you've got an earlier scan and that treatment can be decided soon.
Janette, glad all our angry eyes scared your onc into action!
Helen44, fab news - enjoy the men in Lycra
LD x
geordiex

No doc? thats so strange I went into the unit today as I had not been feeling great ,they took bloods saw a doc and one my onc's registrars, sat around for a bit but only rang them this morning so I thought that was good xxx

Chocolates

Bev, so pleased you are home. It sounds like you've had a horrid time and then back in the thick of it next week. I really hope you manage to rest as much as possible over the weekend. Let the ab's do their job and you'll feel a lot better. Look after yourself Bev xxx
Ladies, Helen is the same as yesterday. She's had a ct to see if they can find the source of the infection. However no drs about so still waiting. Temp has risen again and it seems the hospital are a bit slow to administer drugs to make her feel more comfortable. Bev I'll pass on your home to Helen, that should raise her spirits. She is missing everyone so much. xxx
Hope everyone has a good weekend. Busy one for me but will keep you updated as I hear things.
Huge hugs
Hxx
Porkie

So pleased you are safely home Bev, hope you have a restful weekend and are soon feeling your normal self xx

springsummer

so good to hear from you bev

xx

Sianie

Lovely to hear from you bev, glad your home in the comfort of your own home. Hoping the same for Helen very soon xxx
Bevlaar

Not forgetting the lovely Helen..ive been thinking of you all week and praying that you'll be feeling well soon and that the transfusion will have done the trick. Sending huge hugs and loads of love in the hope you'll feel some of it and it will speed up your recovery.
Get well soon lovely lady! 😊?
Love bev xxxx 💖
Bevlaar

Thank you chocolates for your lovely comments about sitting with me for company....so thoughtful. Huge thanks to all the other lovely ladies who sent me their best wishes this last week while I've been in hospital. I came home last night and have another 5 days of antibiotics to finish also 2 more days of Tamiflu. Still not feeling 100% and my ribs are more painful than ever.
I have my MRI scan on monday, results and bloods in clinic on Wednesday, chemo on thursday (providing MRI scan doesnt show a blood clot on brain)...then a CT scan planned for friday. But that may be postponed a week or 2 until 2 weeks after the chemo to give it time to work.
So a busy week ahead.. Full of stress but trying to keep my cool and keep positive! Hope this one's working....☺
Love to you all...bev xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

That's great news helen44 🙂 I'm so pleased fir you. A time away from intrusive treatment now, make the mist of it. This time last year OH and I also went to see men in Lycra in Nice for the end of the Paris-Nice race, great fun. And we were in Yorkshire last year for the start of the Tour de France. I remember it well but had forgotten that you went as well Sheila, funnily we didn't bump into each other, but that must have been the other 2 million people in our way. Glad your scan has been brought forward to Monday, let's hope treatment starts quickly as well. Also good to know that your scan us being bought forward Janette and you had a good appointment.
Hope everyone has a good weekend and that Helen and Bev feel a whole lot better and get back home.
Nicky x

roxy12

Janette, so glad that your onc is going to try to get your scan brought forward. I hate the waiting! I have just had a call from the scan dept at the christie to say there is a cancellation on Monday so that's great. It would have been the 25th so hopefully my treatment can get planned after Monday.

Helen44, good news! Keep it up. It helps us all when someone has successful treatment. Men in Lycra is a big thing at our house we have all the races recorded and we went to Harrogate last year to see the start.

Hope Helen and Bev are feeling better. Thinking of them both.

Hope everyone else is OK. Have a lovely weekend. 

Lots of love Sheila. Xxx

bertie1

Hi Ladies just adding my best wishes to Helen and Bev hope they both feel better soon sending hugs xx
Janette good news that your Onc is going to try and bring your scan forward xx
Helen 44 that's excellent new so pleased for you it gives us all hope xx
Hope everyone else is doing ok and have agood weekend all
Huge hugs to you all
Kaye xxx
helen44

Hello everyone,

So much to catch up with on this thread - I am thinking of Helen & Bev in hospital & hope they are getting excellent care and the treatments work; am thinking of anyone with this rubbish disease & hope you are coping.

I do have some good news myself although it seems bad to share it seeing as our friends are so poorly - I have just finished 6 cycles of docetaxol, had CT & saw onc on Wed who told me there was no need for any further chemo at present as my primary tumour had shrunk significantly, the 2 liver lesions weren't visible anymore & my bone mets are stable - yay!! I'm so pleased. Just continuing with herceptin, denosumab & being put on exemestane after letrozole & tamoxifen failed. And my hair is growing back - pretty white though!

To celebrate, I have booked 2 nights in France in a fortnight to watch men in lycra racing their bikes - a passion of mine!l

Sending big (((((hugs)))) and love,

the other Helen xx

Barton

Janette, glad to hear your Onc  was persuaded by all the angry eyes! Best wishes for a happy outcome. Hugs, Barton.x

Barton

Hello ladies, just adding my good wishes for Helen and Bev to both feel much better soon. Hugs to both, and to everyone else. Barton.x

stresshead

I second that. Much love to all..especially Bev & helen.x

Sianie

Thinking of Helen and Bev, hope your on the mend girls xxx
rosie53

Thank you ladies for all your "angry eyes" yesterday.....it worked 🙂 my onc said she will do her best to bring my scan forward!! Was a good appt she explained a lot to me re: TMs and i understand them more now.
Helen/Bev hope you are both feeling a little better today.
Hi to all, hope you are all ok ladies.
Hugs Janette x x
Mermaid007

Hi Julie have PM you x
JulieD
Community Champion

Bev have you escaped? Hope you are feeling a whole lot better. Helen hope you can feel the support and it will help to keep your spirits up xx

nicky08
Community Champion

So sorry to hear that Helen is still feeling so bad. I really hope that the blood transfusions do kick in and help make her feel a whole lot better. Sending love, hugs and positive vibes.
Nicky x

Marie123

To my new friend Helen, thinking of you and sending lots of get well vibes 🙂  Marie

roxy12

Sending all my love to Helen. Hope she is feeling better this morning.

Sheila xxx

belinda

Good Morning everyone, hope you had a peaceful night Bev and Helen and can get your strength back as soon as possible.
X
Jam

Sending huge hugs for Helen and thinking of everyone else especially Bev. Thanks Chocolates. xJanetx
LemonDrizzle

Chocolates, thanks for the update on Helen - sending enormous amounts of love and positive thoughts her way.
LD x
belinda

Sending Love Helen. X
Tournesol

Very sorry to hear that Helen is still so poorly. Really hoping that the blood can still make a difference.

Tournesol x

sivam

Love and Light to you Helen,hope you feel better soon xx

springsummer

get well soon helen. thinking if you and senfing you my love  ss

Macie40

Sending buckets of love get well soon Helen love Macie x x x

Porkie

Thank you for update Chocolates. Sending positive vibes, I do hope Helen is feeling better soon. We all miss her. With much love.xx

rosie53

Thank you for the update Chocs.,Sending my love and best wishes to Helen, please let her know all her cyber family are sending positive vibes to her.
Love and hugs Janette x x x x