63369members
333428posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Julie D,thank you for the update on Chris. Please send her all our love. She's a wonderful lady xxxx
Community Champion

So glad you are home Helen.
Sheila , sending get better wishes to you.
To everyone having a difficult time , be gentle with yourself.
Feeling a bit poorly after the party, too much drizzle cake I think. LD I never knew you could tap dance like that !
While I'm resting Choc has taken the quads in their buggy for a walk, she is so kind.
Take care Marie xx
Community Champion

Helen lovely to see you posting and to know you are home, look forward to hearing more when you are more rested.

Sheila hope you are starting to feel better and the hospital are gtting your levels under control.

Bev hope you managed to do something nice on your birthday and not just hospital appts.We are thinking of you and sending love and strength.

Chris if you are reading this you know you are always in my thoughts my lovely friend. Ladies, in case Chris doesn't post thought you'd like to know she is home from hospice her meds seem to be helping and she is spending time with her lovely family.

Belinda, sorry we kept you awake, Maries stories were very entertaining and had us in fits but the quads were a bit of a handful and we had to turn the music up to keep them happy.

Helen, great to know you're home.

Sheila, hope you'll soon be feeling better.

Sending love to everyone. x

Morning all, morning Helen, great to see you back here!
Goodness hardly slept thanks to all of you at Lemon Drizzle's party/rave. I shall catch up with a nap later. :-) x

Hey good morning lovely Helen, so good to hear from you :-) you take it easy love, make sure all those wonderful "husbands" are spoiling you rotten!!
Hi to all my cyber friends, hope you are all ok, weather here in Manchester is wet and windy at the moment but it is meant to be clearing up soon.
Hope you all have a nice wkend.
Hugs Janette x x

Good morning lovely ladies,I'm back.
A huge thank you to all for your lovely messages ,you are all wonderful.Chocolate and Juliemo3 thank you for the texts and calls,they kept me sane.

I still haven't gone through all the thread yes. I do see we have new friend joining us.welcome xxxxx

And OMG! Maria abandoning your babies,I'm shocked. You and Ross will be appearing on Jeremy Kyle's show next week !

Shiela hope you're okay and recovering xxxx
Bev,so sorry to hear your news xxxxxxxx
I'll come back later and chat,huge hugs to you all,Helen xxxxxxx

Oh LD, I had treatment too today but can't manage a glass of vino - but will happily tuck into the cake xx
Janette, glad you found today useful - let's hope that the sessions are really good and you start to feel a lot better about your new normal.
It's lovely to know that Helen is home and looking forward to her posts when she's ready - hurry up Helen!!!! Today I'm sending my love to Bev, Sheila and chris and anyone else struggling. We are all with you holding your hand.

Have a good weekend everyone,
Huge hugs,
Hxxxx
Community Champion

mmm, me too! could be a party!

Mmm me too :-)
Janette x
Community Champion

I will be round later for Prosecco and lemon drizzle , yum yum , M xxxx

Hi ladies, really enjoyed my afternoon at The Beechwood, the nurse/councellor was lovely and she has put me forward to start an 8 wk programme starting 18th May.
Helen, hope your ok and feeling stronger.
Hugs Janette x x

Pleased you're home Helen, now get plenty of rest and don't overdo things.
Janette, hope this afternoon was worthwhile and you got something from it - if not at least you gave it a try and you don't need to go back.
Chocolates, hope you survived the shopping!
Have a good evening everyone. My OH is out tonight so I'm going to rest after today's treatment with a glass of Prosecco or two and a M&S lemon drizzle cake, yummy!
LD x
Community Champion

Glad you are home Helen, post when you are ready, you must be exhausted.
Pippie, I'm glad a biopsy was done, I've heard the bone one can be particularly difficult and painful but it sounds like you were in good hands and it will definitely be worth it as your team will know exactly what they are dealing with. If I hadn't had my liver biopsy done we'd be none the wiser to my change in HER2 status!
Hi to everyone else, have a good day whether you're having treatment or not. I'm off for my Denosumab injection later but that's a walk in the park compared to some of the other treatments we have :-)
Nicky x

Just double checked - Helen is definitely home so thank goodness. Hopefully she'll be on soon when she's ready.

Pippie, so glad that the biopsy went well - shame they couldn't do the lung but they should still get good results from the spine. You'll then know exactly what treatment you need and will work better for you.
Thinking of you tomorrow Janette - just take it as it comes. Remember if you don't feel comfortable then you don't have to go back.

Huge hugs everyone,
Hxxx

Glad to hear that Helen is coming home....

Pleased that you've received good care today Pippie....hope it continues, sounds like a good team today......i know what you mean about keeping up with everyone on here..phew!
I always send good wishes to everyone so as not to miss anyone out!!!!!

Hi Marie, so glad you found your session helpful today, i go tomorrow afternoon....slightly nervous!
Pippie, i had a bone biopsy from my spine last year and like with you the doctor and all the staff were brilliant and they also called me the following day to check i was ok. Hoping your results are good, my scans are being discussed at the MDT on Wed too....fingers crossed for us both!!
Helen, hope you are home now and relaxed :-)
Hugs Janette x x

Hi Ladies

Thank you to all who sent me good wishes for my biopsy.  I'm having a slight problem keeping up with everything that is going on, and who is who but hope to get with the programme soon enough.  So apologies for no thanking you individually.

I have been reading about the awful treatment that Helen has been receiving at her hospital, and pleased to hear that she is coming home - you have given her fantastic support and advice.

I have been having lot of laughs over the quads, Rose and Marie, I hope for their sakes they are good babies and sleep alot.  I feel at somepoint everyone might have to chip in and help LOL.

I went to the hospital yesterday to have a lung biopsy but had a spine biopsy instead, as it was going to be too difficult for the lung.  I have to say that my care yesterday could not be faulted, everyone was so helpful.  The Dr who did the biopsy was absoulutely excellent and could not be faulted.  He couldn't beieve I was still smiling - but then he did make sure that I had no pain whatsoever, and still don't.  This was followed up by a phone call today, and also one for my BCN who is going to make sure that I am discussed at the next MDT meeting on Wednesday.  I am really pleased that finally things are starting to move.

Hope the sun is shining on you all.

Pippie Smiley Happy

Community Champion

Sheila sending you get better wishes.
Helen hope you are at home with your cats.
Janette, have been for my session in dealing with the big C and found it extremely helpful. Hope you will feel the same.
Mariexxx

Sheila, hope you are back at home very soon! X
Helen have you made it home yet? If not I am outside with knotted sheets this evening!
X

Yey Helens coming home!!! ;-) so pleased to hear this, you take care lady x x x
Shelia, sorry to hear your not so good, hope your stay in hospital is a short one.
Hugs to you both love Janette x x

Thank goodness you're coming home Helen. You must be feeling so much better and pleased to be in the comfort of your own bed.
Sheila, hopefully a short stay in hospital will have long lasting results. We can all come and sit with you and keep your spirits up.
Chocolates, shopping with teenagers - yuck! Youll need to make sure you put your feet up when you finally get back home, hopefully with a lovely dress that your daughter doesn't want to return!
Have a good afternoon everyone
LD x

Hee, hee to the quad update, did make me giggle!! Don't call on me for baby-sitting duties, Chocs, I'll have them over when they are civilised......at about the age of 25!
I just wanted to say that I worked in our local hospital for a few years. A friend of mine had really shoddy treatment and I persuaded her to use PALS. They were excellent and achieved a good result. Their liaison officer is not medically trained, not sure if this is the norm, but it's important to write down every incident in sequence and keep pushing for answers. Don't be afraid to keep pestering them, they will get through to the higher powers that be. I don't think that PALS complaints look good on a department or staff's record so they tend to jump.
The only problem is that Helen is in no health for a fight so it must be next of kin. I do hope that they contact PALS, she deserves so much better xx

Oh Sheila, didn't you say you had to come off meds for wbr? If so let's hope a boost from hospital will be all you need and you'll be home again soon. We will be thinking of you and sending you much love, gentle hugs and positive vibes. I'll cyber pop in tomorrow night to see how you are.

Hxxx
Highlighted

Just ignore my post..julir Am going into hospital tomorrow. calcium levels up again feeling rubbish. Hoping I will feeling better after  in a a few days. I will start chemo. ( eribulin )  next next  week.. Hope Helen is ok

Lots of love Sheila xxx

Community Champion

Hooray that Helen is coming home today and that must mean she is feeling better. As to oncologist-gate we will have to hear from her what has or has not been happening.
Roxy, are you Ok? A very abrupt end to your posting!
Lovely to hear that the quads are doing so well, and such a, ahem, healthy weight. My thoughts weren't of shelling peas, more like shelling melons;-) I feel its a bit of a shame that chocolates isn't going to be helping out, after all Ross will be busy filming his next series soon so Marie may need some extra hands with the feeding and changing.
Enjoy the sun, especially Helen who may just want to be outside having been cooped up for so long - just hope its sunny where she is.
Take care all
Nicky x
Community Champion

roxy?

Just lettiing you know I'm going goi

Community Champion

Chocolate enjoy your shopping , don't forget to change the quads and wind them . Ross will send the odd sovereign .  Thanks for the Helen update.

Give the quads a cyber kiss for me.

Many thanks

Marie xxx

I thought she had my onc now? so yes the other one is rubbish or seems to be x

Eerrrr - I am not fostering any children from that woman! I shall say no more on the subject. The matter is closed.
Helen seems a bit brighter this morning and has promised to walk over to maggies with her sister this afternoon. Fingers crossed. Still no sign of onc - as Helen pointed out it is the same onc she had previously, it's just hospitals she has moved. I appreciate I'm in no position to say he is rubbish, I've never met him so for that comment I apologise and certainly didn't wish to offend. However, Helens care under his guidance is below standard and for that he needs to up his game. oohh - hot off the press just had a text to say she is coming home - just waiting for meds. She'll be on here this afternoon I'm sure. Then we'll find out exactly what went on.
Right I'm off out dress shopping with my daughter for her theatre trip next week. Wish me luck - it will involve trying on every dress and then going back to the first one. Typical teenagers.

Huge hugs,
Hxxxx

Ah Marie, what lovely pictures in Hello and OK magazine. You both look so glamourous and the babies are adorable. Chocs you look a bit frazzled in that last pic but well done for stepping up to the plate with these dear little quads. Once they are all crawling I expect they will be quite a handful. :-) x

they always ask me if its comfortable use a blue cannula and run it thru slower xx

Again Chocs thanks for the news about Helen, looking forward to hearing what happens today - well, if it's good news about her care I am.
Marie, you're asking for trouble!!
Janette, I had a horrible experience once with the dye as it felt like my vein was about to explode and it was so painful. Much to my embarrassment I cried and felt really silly. Luckily it hasn't happened since but it's given me a bit of a phobia about the scans.
Hope everyone can enjoy this lovely weather and have a good day
LD x
Community Champion

Hello ladies, hope you are all enjoying the weather. Well done to you all for last night and the 'Helen ' problem , a real united front. Thank you Chocolates for keeping us updated. Good luck and best wishes to Helen and Bev and all having treatment and results this week. However , there is some good news...

Poldark Annouucement

I went into labour last night . it only lasted 20mins. Ross was there , he was wonderful. What a surprise it was quads. all weighing in at 10 pounds. It was like shelling peas. We have named them:Billy, Willy, Dilly and Silly.

Mother and babies doing well. I am happy to say that Chocolates has agreed to foster them until they are 18. Thank you Chocs, so kind.
Well I'm back in my tightest corset , my hair is shiny and I have that twinkle in my eye. Ross and I are going to have a pasty and a pint  , then ride off into the sunset...

Community Champion

Thank you chocolates as ever for your updates, I am so frustrated, and gobsmacked to be honest, with Helens (lack of) treatment. I know how vulnerable you feel when in hospital and all you want to do is get home, as well as feel better of course. The basics really seemed to have been missed completely with her care such as blood tests etc. and the fact that geordiex knows the hospital and hasn't had a problem seems at such odds with both of Helens recent stays as an inpatient. I do hope someone with oncology expertise sees her today and that she starts to feel better - but it's been a week now, unbelievable! Whatever does get done I really hope that she or her OH have the strength to make a complaint as I think it's needed. Please pass on my wishes for a speedy recovery.
Janette, hope you won't be too anxious for your results, difficult to worry I know but keep busy and try not to think about them too much. Glad that the vein was easy to find, I still have my one good one used for the contrast as my port can't be used, but keep an eye on any problems with the site as you had some pain with the dye. I haven't had this problem myself so can't advise but worth mentioning another time. As to the questions being asked by the nurse I had similar one time when I was asked why I had 'palliative' care written on my form! Well, if I wasn't such an old hand at the secondaries malarkey I would have been completely thrown by this. Instead I gave the nurse a full explanation about secondary BC and it's non curable status - even if she hadn't asked for it, grrrrr.
Thinking of you Bev as well, hoping your week is going as well as can be expected with the number of hospital visits and planning you have probably had. Hope the rads start soon and you don't get too many SEs
Hi to everyone who I've not mentioned, hoping that the sunny weather is helping and that all treatments are working well with minimum SEs.
Nicky x

So glad you have heard from Helen Chocs. Let's hope things are happening today if not we are nearly into the weekend again. The pals leaflet left out may help too. Hoping Helen gets her iPad sorted so we can all "visit" and have a chat here. But really hoping she is home soon. X

I think its unfair to say she has a rubbish onc he only came back from holidays yesterday he is the same as mine and shes only just changed over, her other onc at a different hospital was a waste of space ,but you really have to shout loud at the first sign of worry as I know x

Morning ladies, heard from Helen this morning. They have promised that an onc will come and see her today. Oh did go and complain to nurse but she said she had been ringing her onc all day without success. They also had the pals leaflet out on her table and the nurse did keep looking at it so fingers crossed they are getting the message. Have passed on all the info from Julie to Helen, so she is armed.
Ladies, thank you for yur support for Helen. As everyone who is a patient there says it is a lovely place and you get good treatment. Helen unfortunately seems to have drawn the short straw again and has a rubbish Onc. The registrar though seems on the ball so fingers crossed this person does visit today. I think if they don't I'll explode.
Juliemo, thank you so much for offering to go in and see her. I wish I was closer but knowing someone can go and be with her is a real relief. Belinda, thank you for finding juliemo on the forum so I could contact. Fingers crossed for today ladies.
Hello everyone else, thinking of everyone getting tests/results/treatments this week. Hope we all have calm restful days xxxx
Hxxx

Oh my dear!!!! What can i say that you other ladies havent, poor Helen i cannot believe the way she is being treated its a disgrace.
Julie thanks to your info maybe they can get something sorted today.
HUGE hugs going out to Helen x x x x x x x x x
Hope everyone is ok love Janette x x

Agreeing with JulieD, juliemo3 thank you! Let's hope things, that should have happened now do, asap. To be forgotten at meal times, not seen, well I don't think I would have stayed as strong as Helen has. Sending her love, best wishes, strength through here. X
Jam

Just catching up on posts. Give a huge hug to Helen from me too. x Janet x
Community Champion

Julie you are a star! Glad you know some useful info/contacts now we need to get Helen or her family to use them and get things sorted xx

Hi. Chocolates I got your pm but having trouble replying so posting here.
thank you so much for letting me know about Helen, not been looking at site recently so was not aware she was in hospital. Texted her last week and all fine?
its my treatment day next Wednesday, but I can go up on Friday to see her, I will text her tomorrow.
Her Onc is a xxxx! Makes me so cross, because they are lovely at the Freeman really.
The person she needs to talk to is Karen. she was SBC nurse, wife of my onc,but now runs Maggies centre and only SBC for BUPA ( in theory anyway, never lets it stop her) she is the one who sorted Cap in September for Helen.
Rachel, her sister, was going to take her over to see her last time Helen was in. But Helen resists.
Nag her 😀

hope all well with you and everone else on the site
julie xx

Chocolates, thanks for letting us know about Helen even though it isn't easy to read what's happening with her care or lack of it. Hopefully her sister or OH will insist that something is done or, if something is being done, relay the information to Helen as nothing will change if someone doesn't fight her corner. It's so hard to accept the way Helen's treatment is so different to Geordie's. Hopefully she can get her iPad brought in to her so she won't feel so isolated and alone. Hoping she has a better night
LD x

Ladies, Helen was anaemic the same time as me. It causes breathlessness and can cause the blood pressure to rise or drop. Did she ever have a transfusion? I don't think she did. X

I think Helen has an iPad. I know, like me she was unable to use chat when it was an issue. Little things but an iPad would keep her in touch, help her feel less isolated. X

Julie D - I've just pm'd you xxx

Georgie, I'm sure the hospital does have wifi, I think it's just Helen doesn't have a device to access, I think that is what she meant. I'm glad her onc is back - let's hope he gets updated about Helen quickly. I'm also glad that you have a very positive experience. Let's hope that now the holiday weekend is well and truly over that things get put in place quickly for her. I must say, maybe things are being done, if so they are not communicating this to Helen which is in turn causing all the stress and worry on top of the pain and temp up, low blood pressure and breathlessness. It must improve soon xx
Community Champion

Well done belinda! I thought it was a Julie, lets hope she sees the recent drama and can enlighten us advise Helen or maybe even be able to visit again (not trying to put any pressure on you julie if you are reading this as we know things aren't always possible)

Helen, completely agree. Nothing we can do unless wanted by Helen, but definetely sending love support and strength to dear Helen xx