357685posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Marie, social services have now been informed and should be visiting shortly!
Chocolates, hope your week back at school isn't too hectic and remember half term is only 6 weeks away!
Helen, pleased to see you're sounding like your normal self. Hope you're feeling as well as you sound.
Enjoy the evening sunshine everyone
LD x
Highlighted

The quads are growing up so quickly, already able to read Biff and Chip. Just to clarify Ross and I will be advisors on the Jeremy Kyle show. 'How to bring up quads , without raising a finger ' The book will be published in the Autumn.
To all the lovely ladies , have a good week. Good luck for treatments and scans. Always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Marie xxx
Highlighted

Lol,Belinda and Choc.
Chocolate,now you know you're getting attached to those little cuties .i bet they all have mini aprons on now.

When Marie and Ross appear on Jeramy Kyle show next week "why I abandoned my quads for a roll in the hay" you can shout at the TV .
Hope you have an easy week back at school.
Hugs to you both,Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Have a good week Chocs. 4 little satchels, 8 shiny shoes and 4 Biff and Chip level one readers, clever quads. X
Highlighted

Afternoon ladies, busy day here get ready for back to school tomorrow. Just popped on to see how everyone is. I've got a really hectic week so ( not that any of it involves looking after those quads!!!) going to be taking a break and back on at the weekend. Good luck to everyone receiving scans/treatments/results and fingers crossed everything goes well.

Huge hugs everyone,
Hxxx
Highlighted

Yes Helen did you not get the memo? "We must remember to pack our pesky BC and it's side effects away on a Friday night until Monday morning." It's shocking how some hospitals can be so empty of doctors at weekends and bank holidays. I think my hospital is pretty good over weekends but there should be universal standards. 😞 Blooming shocking you waited and never saw an Oncology Doctor whilst on an Oncology ward!
X
Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,hope every one is okay.
Bev,hope you feel better each day xxxxx

Shiela,how are you doing. I hope your resting and regaining your strength xxxxxx

Well I better set the record straight.
Firstly I cannot fault the nurses at my hospital. The ones I saw were wonderful.
I don't have the same onc as Geordie or Julie . Unfortunately I still have the same onc from Fawlty tower as this is his base.

What I was angry about was I was admitted Thursday and didn't see one doctor until Tuesday afternoon. Who was just a general junior doctor who couldn't answer any Cancer related questions. I never saw an onc at anytime. I was on a ward just for cancer patients too !!😷

We all know about no docs on weekend blah blah. Personally I think hospitals should be fully staffed 365 days and 24 hours. Strange how the police and fire service manage it.👮🔥
Hope that's put record straight .

My hubby came into visit on good Friday and called at WHS( hospital has one) to get me a cup of tea. Unfortunately it was closed. Next to it there are sofas to sit on. And there was a tramp sleeping on it ! So hubby came up and told me and the nurse Iwho was in my room. I said to her it was probably my onc. so off she went to look at tramp and call security.( who were probably off as its a holiday weekend)

Huge hugs to everyone,Helen xxxxxx
Highlighted

LD - this did make me LOL when I read it.

So please that you all had a fantastic time at the party/rave and hope to be able to join you all next time.

Pippie

Highlighted

Hiya helen.....glad you're home and posting again.....take care
Highlighted

Hi Bev......glad to near that you're feeling that the symptoms are easing after your first two rads......think of you a lot

Xx
Highlighted

Sorry i posted here by mistake instead of on lung/brain mets page.
Highlighted

Had my first 2 rads and feel the symptoms have eased already. Still a bit shaky on my feet but after 5 seizure its normal. No other side effects of rads.
Seeing onc on wed morning at clinic an hour after the last radiotherapy.
Speak to u all soon....enjoy the weekend xxx
Highlighted

Hi Julie, I'm glad Chris is home and spending time with the family, hope she is as comfortable as is possible. X
Highlighted

Hmm LD, well you were very happy with those, cough cough, legal drugs last night, hanging onto my rotary line, Michael Flately's Riverdance at full volume. The quads have such eclectic tastes in music.
Just seen Chocs in Sainsbury's cafe....are the quads up to eating iced buns just yet? They were all smiles, look so cute, very like their father. X
Highlighted

The drugs are legal - I had treatment yesterday! Thought I'd better clear that up x
Highlighted

Thank goodness you're back Helen. Our party last night was to celebrate your release. Combination of drugs, Prosecco and cake gave me a great sleep - only got up at 11am and slept from 2 o'clock last night. We'll have to do it again when everyone's feeling ok!
Marie, if you keep abandoning these poor quads then social services will get involved and you'll be in trouble!!
Have as good an afternoon as you can ladies
LD x
Highlighted

Julie D,thank you for the update on Chris. Please send her all our love. She's a wonderful lady xxxx
Highlighted

So glad you are home Helen.
Sheila , sending get better wishes to you.
To everyone having a difficult time , be gentle with yourself.
Feeling a bit poorly after the party, too much drizzle cake I think. LD I never knew you could tap dance like that !
While I'm resting Choc has taken the quads in their buggy for a walk, she is so kind.
Take care Marie xx
Community Champion

Helen lovely to see you posting and to know you are home, look forward to hearing more when you are more rested.

Sheila hope you are starting to feel better and the hospital are gtting your levels under control.

Bev hope you managed to do something nice on your birthday and not just hospital appts.We are thinking of you and sending love and strength.

Chris if you are reading this you know you are always in my thoughts my lovely friend. Ladies, in case Chris doesn't post thought you'd like to know she is home from hospice her meds seem to be helping and she is spending time with her lovely family.

Belinda, sorry we kept you awake, Maries stories were very entertaining and had us in fits but the quads were a bit of a handful and we had to turn the music up to keep them happy.

Highlighted

Helen, great to know you're home.

Sheila, hope you'll soon be feeling better.

Sending love to everyone. x

Highlighted

Morning all, morning Helen, great to see you back here!
Goodness hardly slept thanks to all of you at Lemon Drizzle's party/rave. I shall catch up with a nap later. 🙂 x
Highlighted

Hey good morning lovely Helen, so good to hear from you 🙂 you take it easy love, make sure all those wonderful "husbands" are spoiling you rotten!!
Hi to all my cyber friends, hope you are all ok, weather here in Manchester is wet and windy at the moment but it is meant to be clearing up soon.
Hope you all have a nice wkend.
Hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,I'm back.
A huge thank you to all for your lovely messages ,you are all wonderful.Chocolate and Juliemo3 thank you for the texts and calls,they kept me sane.

I still haven't gone through all the thread yes. I do see we have new friend joining us.welcome xxxxx

And OMG! Maria abandoning your babies,I'm shocked. You and Ross will be appearing on Jeremy Kyle's show next week !

Shiela hope you're okay and recovering xxxx
Bev,so sorry to hear your news xxxxxxxx
I'll come back later and chat,huge hugs to you all,Helen xxxxxxx
Highlighted

Oh LD, I had treatment too today but can't manage a glass of vino - but will happily tuck into the cake xx
Janette, glad you found today useful - let's hope that the sessions are really good and you start to feel a lot better about your new normal.
It's lovely to know that Helen is home and looking forward to her posts when she's ready - hurry up Helen!!!! Today I'm sending my love to Bev, Sheila and chris and anyone else struggling. We are all with you holding your hand.

Have a good weekend everyone,
Huge hugs,
Hxxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

mmm, me too! could be a party!
Highlighted

Mmm me too 🙂
Janette x
Highlighted

I will be round later for Prosecco and lemon drizzle , yum yum , M xxxx
Highlighted

Hi ladies, really enjoyed my afternoon at The Beechwood, the nurse/councellor was lovely and she has put me forward to start an 8 wk programme starting 18th May.
Helen, hope your ok and feeling stronger.
Hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Pleased you're home Helen, now get plenty of rest and don't overdo things.
Janette, hope this afternoon was worthwhile and you got something from it - if not at least you gave it a try and you don't need to go back.
Chocolates, hope you survived the shopping!
Have a good evening everyone. My OH is out tonight so I'm going to rest after today's treatment with a glass of Prosecco or two and a M&S lemon drizzle cake, yummy!
LD x
Highlighted
Community Champion

Glad you are home Helen, post when you are ready, you must be exhausted.
Pippie, I'm glad a biopsy was done, I've heard the bone one can be particularly difficult and painful but it sounds like you were in good hands and it will definitely be worth it as your team will know exactly what they are dealing with. If I hadn't had my liver biopsy done we'd be none the wiser to my change in HER2 status!
Hi to everyone else, have a good day whether you're having treatment or not. I'm off for my Denosumab injection later but that's a walk in the park compared to some of the other treatments we have 🙂
Nicky x

Highlighted

Just double checked - Helen is definitely home so thank goodness. Hopefully she'll be on soon when she's ready.

Pippie, so glad that the biopsy went well - shame they couldn't do the lung but they should still get good results from the spine. You'll then know exactly what treatment you need and will work better for you.
Thinking of you tomorrow Janette - just take it as it comes. Remember if you don't feel comfortable then you don't have to go back.

Huge hugs everyone,
Hxxx
Highlighted

Glad to hear that Helen is coming home....

Pleased that you've received good care today Pippie....hope it continues, sounds like a good team today......i know what you mean about keeping up with everyone on here..phew!
I always send good wishes to everyone so as not to miss anyone out!!!!!
Highlighted

Hi Marie, so glad you found your session helpful today, i go tomorrow afternoon....slightly nervous!
Pippie, i had a bone biopsy from my spine last year and like with you the doctor and all the staff were brilliant and they also called me the following day to check i was ok. Hoping your results are good, my scans are being discussed at the MDT on Wed too....fingers crossed for us both!!
Helen, hope you are home now and relaxed 🙂
Hugs Janette x x
Highlighted

Hi Ladies

Thank you to all who sent me good wishes for my biopsy.  I'm having a slight problem keeping up with everything that is going on, and who is who but hope to get with the programme soon enough.  So apologies for no thanking you individually.

I have been reading about the awful treatment that Helen has been receiving at her hospital, and pleased to hear that she is coming home - you have given her fantastic support and advice.

I have been having lot of laughs over the quads, Rose and Marie, I hope for their sakes they are good babies and sleep alot.  I feel at somepoint everyone might have to chip in and help LOL.

I went to the hospital yesterday to have a lung biopsy but had a spine biopsy instead, as it was going to be too difficult for the lung.  I have to say that my care yesterday could not be faulted, everyone was so helpful.  The Dr who did the biopsy was absoulutely excellent and could not be faulted.  He couldn't beieve I was still smiling - but then he did make sure that I had no pain whatsoever, and still don't.  This was followed up by a phone call today, and also one for my BCN who is going to make sure that I am discussed at the next MDT meeting on Wednesday.  I am really pleased that finally things are starting to move.

Hope the sun is shining on you all.

Pippie 🙂

Highlighted

Sheila sending you get better wishes.
Helen hope you are at home with your cats.
Janette, have been for my session in dealing with the big C and found it extremely helpful. Hope you will feel the same.
Mariexxx
Highlighted

Sheila, hope you are back at home very soon! X
Helen have you made it home yet? If not I am outside with knotted sheets this evening!
X
Highlighted

Yey Helens coming home!!! 😉 so pleased to hear this, you take care lady x x x
Shelia, sorry to hear your not so good, hope your stay in hospital is a short one.
Hugs to you both love Janette x x
Highlighted

Thank goodness you're coming home Helen. You must be feeling so much better and pleased to be in the comfort of your own bed.
Sheila, hopefully a short stay in hospital will have long lasting results. We can all come and sit with you and keep your spirits up.
Chocolates, shopping with teenagers - yuck! Youll need to make sure you put your feet up when you finally get back home, hopefully with a lovely dress that your daughter doesn't want to return!
Have a good afternoon everyone
LD x
Highlighted

Hee, hee to the quad update, did make me giggle!! Don't call on me for baby-sitting duties, Chocs, I'll have them over when they are civilised......at about the age of 25!
I just wanted to say that I worked in our local hospital for a few years. A friend of mine had really shoddy treatment and I persuaded her to use PALS. They were excellent and achieved a good result. Their liaison officer is not medically trained, not sure if this is the norm, but it's important to write down every incident in sequence and keep pushing for answers. Don't be afraid to keep pestering them, they will get through to the higher powers that be. I don't think that PALS complaints look good on a department or staff's record so they tend to jump.
The only problem is that Helen is in no health for a fight so it must be next of kin. I do hope that they contact PALS, she deserves so much better xx
Highlighted

Oh Sheila, didn't you say you had to come off meds for wbr? If so let's hope a boost from hospital will be all you need and you'll be home again soon. We will be thinking of you and sending you much love, gentle hugs and positive vibes. I'll cyber pop in tomorrow night to see how you are.

Hxxx
Highlighted

Just ignore my post..julir Am going into hospital tomorrow. calcium levels up again feeling rubbish. Hoping I will feeling better after  in a a few days. I will start chemo. ( eribulin )  next next  week.. Hope Helen is ok

Lots of love Sheila xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hooray that Helen is coming home today and that must mean she is feeling better. As to oncologist-gate we will have to hear from her what has or has not been happening.
Roxy, are you Ok? A very abrupt end to your posting!
Lovely to hear that the quads are doing so well, and such a, ahem, healthy weight. My thoughts weren't of shelling peas, more like shelling melons;-) I feel its a bit of a shame that chocolates isn't going to be helping out, after all Ross will be busy filming his next series soon so Marie may need some extra hands with the feeding and changing.
Enjoy the sun, especially Helen who may just want to be outside having been cooped up for so long - just hope its sunny where she is.
Take care all
Nicky x

Highlighted
Community Champion

roxy?
Highlighted

Just lettiing you know I'm going goi

Highlighted

Chocolate enjoy your shopping , don't forget to change the quads and wind them . Ross will send the odd sovereign .  Thanks for the Helen update.

Give the quads a cyber kiss for me.

Many thanks

Marie xxx

Highlighted

I thought she had my onc now? so yes the other one is rubbish or seems to be x

Highlighted

Eerrrr - I am not fostering any children from that woman! I shall say no more on the subject. The matter is closed.
Helen seems a bit brighter this morning and has promised to walk over to maggies with her sister this afternoon. Fingers crossed. Still no sign of onc - as Helen pointed out it is the same onc she had previously, it's just hospitals she has moved. I appreciate I'm in no position to say he is rubbish, I've never met him so for that comment I apologise and certainly didn't wish to offend. However, Helens care under his guidance is below standard and for that he needs to up his game. oohh - hot off the press just had a text to say she is coming home - just waiting for meds. She'll be on here this afternoon I'm sure. Then we'll find out exactly what went on.
Right I'm off out dress shopping with my daughter for her theatre trip next week. Wish me luck - it will involve trying on every dress and then going back to the first one. Typical teenagers.

Huge hugs,
Hxxxx
Highlighted

Ah Marie, what lovely pictures in Hello and OK magazine. You both look so glamourous and the babies are adorable. Chocs you look a bit frazzled in that last pic but well done for stepping up to the plate with these dear little quads. Once they are all crawling I expect they will be quite a handful. 🙂 x
Highlighted

they always ask me if its comfortable use a blue cannula and run it thru slower xx

Highlighted

Again Chocs thanks for the news about Helen, looking forward to hearing what happens today - well, if it's good news about her care I am.
Marie, you're asking for trouble!!
Janette, I had a horrible experience once with the dye as it felt like my vein was about to explode and it was so painful. Much to my embarrassment I cried and felt really silly. Luckily it hasn't happened since but it's given me a bit of a phobia about the scans.
Hope everyone can enjoy this lovely weather and have a good day
LD x