Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

So sorry to hear your sad news Sian. Sending love to you and your family
LD x
Highlighted

Dear Sianie

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and would like to send our condolences to you and your family at this sad time.

If you need to talk to someone away from the family please don't hesitate to call our helpline, the team are here to support you.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2

Take care

Jo, Moderator

Highlighted

HI JulieD - thank you for your response. Having my eyes effected is enough of a worry but the possibility of my hearing as well - the possibilities seem to be never ending.

Hope the peppermint tea is working for your tummy, so that you can have some of the lovely cakes at the coffee shop.
Pippie x
Highlighted

Hi Belinda - thank you for your reply. I will have a look on google. A friend at work who went through radiation 5years ago, told me today that she also has the start of cataracts.

My treatment only started last week (thought it was never going to start), I'm on Anastozole, Denosumab injections and calcium for the first 3 months and then we will see after another CT scan.

Hope to see you at the coffee shop one morning.
Pippie x
Highlighted

Oh, Sainie, so sorry to hear about your Mum! I know how devastating it is, so can totally sympathise. Everyone else has been so much more eloquent that I could be, but all my thoughts are with you and your family. Best wishes and hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Dear Sianie, I am so very sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. Take care Marie
Highlighted

Oh Sainie, I am so so sorry for your loss, our mums are our best friends!

Sending you and your family a  huge hug, we are always here for you if you need support, you take care.

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

My dear Sianie,

I am so very sorry to hear your news. As the others have said, both you and your Mum felt like part of the group so please, if you need to, feel free to pop back on we are here for you if you need us.

You were obviously very close and this will be a very hard time for you and your family but by leaning on each other and supporting each other you will find a way through. Your Mum will always be with you in your heart and that love will give you strength and one day you'll find the happy memories, the love and the laughter will help to overcome  the pain and the loss.

I hope you can feel the big collective hug coming from the group. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP your darling Mother xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Oh Sian
That is so sad and I am so shocked to hear about your lovely Mum. As Belinda has said we had all thought, and hoped, she would be starting Cape this week. What a cruel disease to rob you all of her. She always felt part of this group, as do you, her daughter so please feel that you can come back on here at any time to be amongst friends. You obviously were so close to your Mum and she would have had the comfort of knowing how close you both were to each other. My heart goes out to all your family, look after yourselves, we are here if you need us.
Nicky x
Ps what a lovely post Bumpkin, a great loss for you as well but you give hope and insight to Sian about what lies ahead.

Highlighted

Dear Sianie
I am so sorry to hear about your Mother. You have done so much to support her through her cancer. I lost my mother two years ago, still the hardest thing ever to happen to me. But time helps as now I can smile and chat to her when I look at her picture daily. For some time I couldn't get past crying. I wish you strength. My mother lived in Sketty and so I am a fellow Swansea girl, though have moved away. We scattered Mum's ashes in the sea off the Gower coast on the most beautiful day. The sea sparkled. Take each day one at a time. Love bumpkin. X
Highlighted

Oh,sianie, I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mum has a very caring daughter and you are a credit to her.
Please send all our love to your dad,children and you.
Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

I'm so so sorry to read your lovely tribute to your Mum, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You sound a wonderful daughter, wishing you strength. Xxxx
Highlighted

Oh Sianie, I am so sorry and shocked as well, I thought your Mum would be starting chemo this week.
There are no words to make this easier, later on you can tell your children all about their Grandma, she will live on through them, through you. So very sorry, take care, love to you all, your Dad.
Rest in peace Sianie's lovely Mum, you felt a part of here, our little group, through your daughter.
Love Belinda. XXXX
Highlighted

19.45 last night I said goodnight to my best friend, the only person that knew me inside and out, the person that would say 'Sian shape up' if I was down. She was my inspiration, my shining light, the person I would think about before I went to bed at night and the one when I opened my eyes in the morning. I spoke to her about 20 times a day on the phone and went to hers at least 3 times day, we did everything together and that's no imagination. she couldn't bare to see me after Saturday when my two little ones were playing on her bed in the hospital putting the bed up and down as kids do, she knew the end was near and it would cause us both so much hurt and pain but my dad well what can I say he never left her side but we were all the for the end. Please please everyone keep battling this disease so that a cure can be found and we can say two fingers up to you cancer. Thanks to everyone for their support and advise. I wish everyone well xxx
Highlighted

No problem Julie.
I'm just doing bits but have thought about the wheat and lactose for a while. I just think anything to help with the digestive system can not be a bad thing, keeping everything regular. Just a bit of tweeting. Also since starting E/E then Cape I have found a decreased appetite, change in taste, total lost interest in sweet stuff ( very unlike me?) and lost weight, which I had to loose and feel good about! Hence adding in the whey protein.
Due to start weekly taxol next week with steroids added in so I hope that won't cause the weight to go back on ( especially as I've got rid of stuff that was now too big!!!! )
Good luck
Glo xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Glo thank you so much for taking the time to type the info for me, I am doing some but not all of that so am sure it will be useful, at least I can feel I'm doing what I can, it's very kind of you to make that effort for me. How do you get on with it? I am feeling quite a bit better so am hoping it's on the turn. Thanks again! xx

Highlighted

Hi Julie, it's basically a diet for IBS, with
avoid -
wheat or rye bread, noodles, pasta, couscous, gnocchi, wheat or grain based cereals, honey, cows or goats milk, cream cheese, yogurt, pistachios, almonds, cashew nuts, all beans, asparagus, beet root, caulk, sweet corn, peas, onions, mange tout, mushrooms, leeks, garlic, apples, pears, plums, apricots, blackberries, cherries, watermelon, figs, mango, nectarines, peaches, milk and white chocolate.
Replace with
sourdough splelt of gluten free bread, rice noodles, all rice, gluten free pasta, white, brown or palm sugar, maple syrup, porridge and rice or oat based cerealss, lactose free milk or rice milk, hard cheese, lactose free yogurt, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, pine nuts, seeds, tofu, quorn mince, aubergine, kale, green beans, peppers, broccoli, carrots, parsnips, tons, lettuce, fennel, garlic infused oil, ginger, chilli, chives, spices, bananas, oranges, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, honeydew and cantaloupe melon, grapes, passion fruit, pineapple, dark choc.
You can have beef, chicken lamb, pork, eggs, fish, seafood, butter, olive oil, marg and mayo.
I make various smoothies and add in whey protein to keep my protein up.
Hope tests useful!! Took me a while to type up!!!!
Good luck with it!
Glo xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi ladies,

Popped into coffee shop for a quick peppermint tea, tummy much better but still not up to yummy cakes yet. Thank you for all your kind wishes.

Glo I'm not on Cape but I would be interested in looking at any info you have. I've been eating a low fibre diet and nursery foods ie jelly etc the last few days, my worry now is that whilst things seem to be calming down a bit I might now get constipation again - can't win can we.

Pippie I have heard of the possibility of treatments affecting our eyes and sometimes even our hearing. Another double edged sword for us I'm afraid.

A quick reminder that it's live chat tonight, if you haven't tried it come along, we have a laugh as well as talking about issues.

Hope all treatments scans etc are going well and big hugs to all those struggling

Highlighted

Hi Pippie, I have heard of the possibility of cataracts linked to radiation. I just did a quick search on Google to check my memory on this and there are some reliable links on there, NHS etc.
Hope your treatment is working well. X
Highlighted

Hi Ladies

I know that I haven't really posted since I joined but I have been reading your posts on and off for a while.

I have finally started a treatment plan after being diagnoised in January, it did seem to rather along time.  

I had an optician appointment to day and was told that I have the start of cataracts in both my eyes, caused by chemo and radiation (for my primary), please can anyone else tell me if they have experienced the same, this just seems odd to me.

Hope you are all having a nice day, and if you are having treatment that is being kind to you.

Must popin to the cafe, it sounds way better fun than my local.

Pippie x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hee hee Carrot.
Highlighted

Does it react to Knockers instead? !

Carrot

Highlighted

Highlighted

Helen it's because you use the knickers word.
Seriously don't worry it happened to me the other day.
M xx
Highlighted

Marie,I've been trying to answer your pm but for some reason they won't go! Wrote it three times grrrrrr. Ithink I need your Paddington bear stare.
Hugs,Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Ah Helen my TMs were a bit up and down on Paclitaxel, my Onc did say TMs could be unreliable on chemo. I did get so I stopped asking. Didn't want to know, hope you have a while yet with Eribulin.
Now I used to have a teenage crush on Bryan F and David Bowie, saw him, DB, in concert, age 14. I thought I was being OUTrageous, went to the concert with glittery eyes, used glue and huge bits of sparkly stuff. Of course he looked straight at me when he was singing. Swoon.
Carrot do apply for your badge as though you are having a bad day on treatment. My last chemo has knocked me for six. Went out with my Daughter today and there's me feeling weak and wobbly every now and then and holding onto shop shelves, shop fittings whilst trying to look "cool."
Oh a bouncy castle lovely, look forward to that. 🙂
Highlighted

Good afternoon lovely ladies,
FF,I love the dress,beautiful. It's so exciting for us now ,we feel part of the brides team.xxx💍👰

Janette,I bet your soooo excited now. Can't wait for all your stories about what you do.🇺🇸✈️🗽
Glad you had a good time and strawberry gateau,yummy 🍰

Carrot,fill it out like your worst day. With this darned disease two days are never the same .one day I can walk the next I'm gasping for breath and it's too painful to make short trip to bathroom.
And blue badges are such a help. So go for it. 🚙

Marie,you can keep BF all to yourself. But my new hubby had a chocolate hand print on his bottom and all I'm saying I'll be checking fingerprints !

Well just back from chemo,TMs are on the up. So feeling a little deflated, oh here we go again.3 months and the evil squatter is adapting 💩 👹.

The coffee shop will be having a bank holiday family picnic and everyone is welcome ,pets as well.
Bouncy castle ordered ( Marie,you MUST wear knickers if using it) candy floss machine,ice cream van.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxx

Highlighted

Afternoon lovely ladies, just got back from my first session at the Beechwood Centre, met some lovely ladies all who are in a similar position to me, really enjoyed it and I have chose to have reflexology has my therapy treatment, they demonstrated a few different kinds of therapies but that looked like the one I would probably enjoy the most. Then we had lunch which was a 3 course treat : - ) mmm strawberry gateau for dessert....very naughty!!!

Not started packing yet don't go til next week  (28th) last night we booked to go up the newly built World Trade Centre it opens on the 29th which is our anniversary so really looking forward to that.

Funnyface, I have googled your daughter's dress it's beautiful, will have a look at yours later too.

Chocolates, hope your daughter is feeling better today.

Well ladies I'm going to give the coffee shop a miss today as I have already overindulged on coffee and cake for one day!!!

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Highlighted

Hi everyone glad to hear that the coffee shop is doing well. Marie you are very naughty, please try to stick to one man at a time..might come along and make eyes at Bryan Ferry...

Carrot, speak to your BCN, she may be sble to help/advise mine sorted out my blue badge for me. Might also make eyes at a young Cat Stevens as well......

Know what you mean Belinda and Helen, I have lost count of the number of people who have asked me if my treatment is finished now, even though I have told them I have secondaries.....I just don't bother trying to explain any more.

Janette you must be busy packing now..have a fab time.

FF my son's wedding is all planned now, just need to get my outfit, hoping to lose a littke weight and seriously considering having one made. I had a look at you daughter's gown it is fabulous....

Love and hugs to everyone else, hope you're all as well as you can be. Xxx

PS FF just looked at yours as well....love the colour.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Headed to work..but thought I thought would share my dress with you today while your sipping tea and coffee in the cafe. ..www.marysbridal.com ...go to mothers gowns...#S13-M2180...shows it in lavender but mine is a deeper purple blue called pansy...did the fittings yesterday..

Lyn ..how is your sons wedding plans coming along?

Janette is your bag packed?

Highlighted

Hi JulieD, are you on Cape?
I have had issues the same and read an article about IBS symptons. Some interesting stuff re not want to eat and what to eat. I can give you the info if you like. I know these are SE but might help! If I stay on Cape I intend to give it a go!
Glo xx

Highlighted

Morning ladies, can I drop in at your beautiful cafe too? It's cafe latte for me but no pastries, I've put on nearly a stone since cape started, boo! I'll be bringing my man of the moment, gorgeous Eddie Redmayne, no Marie, you must stay loyal to Ross and stop wearing that boob tube as a skirt!! Oh whatever, I'll sneak an apple doughnut when Eddie is not looking.....see you all there for elevensies xxx
Highlighted

Hi Chocolates -

Have a mocha on me -

Re filling in Blue Badge form - I'm finding a bit difficult at the moment because I'm relatively well, taking puppy on slow two mile walks now on chemo break (but needing a twelve hour sleep after that!) - imagining how I am if fully chemo'd but someone told me to fill form out as if you were at your worst.  It feels like lying at the moment.  Any tips, you or other peoples?

I know just how you feel about the children.  At the moment I'm not saying anything about latest scan and the sympathetic hugs etc from nurses (which told me more about the scan than anytihng else!) cos DS is doing his ASs and DD is working abroad and I don't want her worrying.  But it is def the worst part.  Apart from the occasional session of pure fear in the middle of the night.  

OK time to order a capuccino... with brandy ... anyone?

Carrot

Highlighted

Marie, you can keep Brian Ferry all to yourself, but could you persuade the Young Cat Stevens to drop in?
Carrot
Highlighted

Julie hope you are feeling a bit better this rainy morning. I'm giving the article my best Paddington Bear stare grrrr.
Fantastic news Bryan Ferry has agreed to a soir on Saturday in our coffee shop . Prosecco and nibbles. Now before you all start I have loved him since I was 14 we are keeping our engagement secret though. Belinda could you please bring my coffee over.
Marie xxx
Highlighted

Hee yes good idea Helen, I will enjoy muttering bleeps, colouring all over the lines and using all the black colours...while piling up my plate with pasteries. X
Highlighted

Belinda,I'll join you with more choc u pains. And my double shot of Horlicks.

Yes,I do think people think we can be cured and a survivor if we try harder and have more positivity ,my own mother told me that,I'll add a grrrrrr too !

I've just put the anti-stress colouring books on the table and we will colour and mutter rude words under our breath!

Huge hugs from our forever sunny cafe ( even though it's raining cats and dogs here) Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Hope you feel better soon Julie, it's good to hear Chris is having some good times with her family.
Sitting in the grumpy corner of the cafe nursing a strong coffee. Just reading a local paper online, a race for life which had a "survivor" announce at the start how everyone could beat cancer, it's inside everyone of us to be able to do so.
Just bleeping Grrrrr. Hmm I think 2 Choc au pains are needed this morning. 🙂
Highlighted

Hi,Julie ,oh,juile you have been through the ringer. I hope everything settles down for you xxxxx take care xxxx

thank you for the update on Chris. I'm sooooo happy she's seen her new granddaughter. Please send her all our love xxxxxx she is always in our thoughts .
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Sorry I've not been able to pop into the new coffee shop but have been having issues with my tummy again, was really bad on Thursday with vomitting added into the bloating, pain and dodgy bowels so being very careful with food so no cream buns for me at the moment Man Sad

Chocs hope your daughters rash clears sounds uncomfortable for her. Glad to hear your tests went ok and hope results come quickly and confirm all is well.

Funny Face, have had a look, your daughter will lokk stunning and the venue is lovely, you will be so proud and will have a wonderful day.

Marie, I'm sorry but I think I'm going to have to have a word with somebody to see if we can sort out this fetish you seem to have for dressing up, particularly the provocitive costumes!

Helen, that's a lovely gift you've made for your son.

Our lovely Chris has spent some time with both Grandaughters and whilst she gets very tired she is still managing to enjoy her family time.

Hope you've all managed to have a reasonable weekend and hope I can join in with the lovely cakes next week, I must say they look gorgeous! xx

Highlighted

Sounds a lovely keepsake present Helen.
Oh nice to see cream teas on the house today, love the pretty embroidered starchy tablecloths with fresh flowers. X
Highlighted

Glad your daughter sorted ❤️ An anti histamine may help x

I've just been crafty this afternoon. Ive got a multi photo frame and put my sons photo of 1st day here,1st christmas,1st birthday,1st day at school in. One gap left for a 21st photo to go. Just needs a couple of finishing touches and it will be done.
Well,I better put some lippy on ready for cream tea.
FF,it would be lovely if we could all get together xxxx
Huge cream scone hugs,Helen xxxxxx
Highlighted

All sorted, she's been given steroids as its so nasty - she's not happy as its so itchy but it should settle soon. Just trying to get my jobs done so I can pop in for my 5 o clock ogle oops tea with the ladies. Xx
Highlighted

It all looks amazing and wonderful . M xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy to share the some of the wedding plans with you! It sure would be a blast if we could get together and make wedding crafts. I be the lot of us could be quite creative. 

Chocolates hope your daughters rash disappears.

Have a great day!

Highlighted

Had another Google FF, not too long before the big day now.
Hope your daughter's rash is soon remedied Chocs.
Well I did enjoy the early dawn chorus. Have many pages of my book of British birds ticked and dated now. Mind you the raucous laughter from Bear and Marie nearly frightened any birds away. Hmm.
What a great stack of colouring books here in the cafe. Sitting peacefully, poached egg brunch, yum. X
Highlighted

The tour was wonderful and thoroughly enjoyed my cooked breakfast. Mr H is certainly the man in the kitchen. Hmmmmmm.
I'm hoping belinda'so chat with marie is going well. Belinda you have the patience of a saint!! I'll be there at 5 - just can't stop staring at our husbands in their wonderful aprons. It's not good for my heart all this - we may need to come up with another plan.
FF - just loved the dress - you must be so excited - especially as we are now in the craft corner fashioning some accessories - they certainly are unique and you'll definitely stand out as the mother of the bride!!!!!!!!! I'll check out the venue etc later - just in case we can make any thing else for you - I know you'll be so pleased we've helped out.

Daughter just up - covered in a nasty rash so need to get her to the Drs. I'll see you later ladies - a good drying day so got some washing on. See you later.

Hxxx

Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies.
You wave that badge Choc,I'm sick of old people muttering under breath about blue badge if you take a spot.they are 30 years older and in better shape than I am . So wave that badge proudly and if you want to stick your tongue out go for it (I've ehmm,only did that once,but blamed meds of course)
Glad you're okay ❤️

Belinda, we must have a word with Marie, I was behind her on coffee garden tour and all I got to see everytime she bend down in her extremely short skirt was her red sparkly thong! My eyes are still in shock. 👠👠
Bear was such a gentleman and fashioned a pair of knickers out of some leaves for her. Mind I did get angry eyes out when she asked if he could put them on her🍃🍂🌿 I'm blaming her hormones after the quads!👶👶👶👶

Well,explorers lets tuck into our breakfast ( veggie option available too) coffee smells lovely ,teapots brewed ,the freshly baked pastries delicious,Mr H you're a genius in the kitchen .🍞🍳

Ladies,cream teas at 5:00 this afternoon,see you there.

Funny face ,I'll google dress too,how exciting.👰 We can do any decorations you are missing in craft corner .

Huge hugs,Helen xxxxx

Highlighted

Chocolates so pleased with your news.

Not sure if I can get my high heels on with thick black socks. Love this cafe Belgium chocolates with our coffees. Cream teas this afternoon yum yum.

Take care everyone, good luck with scans and treatments.

Got to go Bears need a massage.!

love Nurse Windsor

Highlighted

It's beautiful funnyface. Had a lovely time googling everything as I love being nosey! You must be getting so excited and feeling so proud x