cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Highlighted

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Good morning everyone
Such sad news about Chris, she was obviously well loved on here.

Well, after a beautiful day up here in the NW where we sat outside and had a bbq, it's unfortunately back to being grey today. At least I'll be able to pop into cafe later for a piece of cake though!
Helen, I think Chocs has come up with a brilliant idea for a new thread, maybe we'll have to think of a persuasion policy to encourage you to agree. The naughty step can be replaced with the gentle removal of husbands - if they get shared out to us you may regret it especially when they see our new knickers that Marie has insisted we all get! Seriously though Helen, your pain can't be right.
Hope everyone has as good a day as you can and, as always, thinking of those who are struggling
LD x,
Highlighted

Morning ladies, such difficult news on the thread this week. Sianie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I want you to know we are all holding yu close at this very difficult time. What a beautiful daughter you are and I know your mum was obviously very proud of you. Sending huge hugs to you and your family.
And then our steris, yes we knew it was coming but still doesn't make it any easier. Such a lovely lady who always helped out anyone with support and advice. So so sad. I hate this disease. So I seek solace with all of you and together our bond grows. It is just so unfair, so cruel. Sending love and prayers to both families.

Lynn, happy birthday, I really hope you had a lovely day, and Helen I hope your pain is from the dancing from your son's 21st. Such a special occasion - hope you enjoyed the party. And now I hope you are thinking about changing your onc - I'm going to start a new thread soon, persuade Helen to change her onc if you don't do it. Then you'll have to listen to us all telling you everyday. So Helen gather your strength this weekend as I no longer can cope with all this pain you're in. It's not right. You need a second opinion - at least if you don't change you should get another view point. Please think about it.

Hello everyone else - how is everybody doing? I worked four days this week and went for treatment Friday. Didn't feel quite right , then came home and had the most awful tummy upset. Finally feeling like myself today - glad it's half term as I need to rest and relax a bit. Sorry for being a bit quiet - will pop into the coffee shop later to see how my aprons are doing - and of course to catch up with you ladies.

Huge hugs,
Hxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Even though I didn't know Chris, I'm sad to read of her passing. So tired of losing so many wonderful ladies. FF

Highlighted

So sorry to hear of the news about Chris. I have to be honest and say I never "met" her on here, but I can tell from the way you all speak about her that she was a wonderful person and will be sorely missed. Sorry I missed her posts and humour. RIP Chris. Hugs to all who knew her, and her family. Barton.x

Highlighted

Thank you for letting us know about Chris - it is very sad news and she will be missed by her family, friends and all of us on the forum. Rest in peace lovely lady, Helen x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Thank you Julie for letting us know about Chris. Although I don't think this news was unexpected it is still very very sad for all of those who knew Chris either in real life or on here. She will be sadly missed and my heart goes out to her husband Steve and her family, may she rest in peace.
Nicky x

Highlighted

Oh,Julie,I'm so sorry to hear this news. Chris will always be in our hearts. She was a beautiful person who helped a lot of ladies.
Please pass on our love and sympathy to her family xxxx Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Really sorry to hear this sad news Julie. Chris was always such a supportive poster here. My sincere condolences to all who knew and loved Chris.
Rest in Peace Chris. X
Highlighted

Aww that is so sad to hear,  thanks for letting us know Julie  and please pass on my sympathy to her family.

Janette xxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Yes good idea Helen, I'm sure other ladies will enjoy joining us in the coffeee shop.

I am really sorry but I have sad news to share with you. Our dear Chris (Steris) passed away last night. Her husband, Steve let me know thismorning.This is of course very sad news but we must try to comfort ourselves with the knowledge that Chris is now pain and worry free, she got to see her new Grandaughter and she had the loving support of her family who made her last weeks as good as they could. I'm sure she'lk be dancing along to Strictly when it returns and will be making all the other angels laugh and smile. Bless you for your friendship Chris RIP xx

Highlighted

Good idea Helen xxxx 

Highlighted

Thanks ladies xx
Marie,I'm looking forward to your duet with BF.
Hugs,Helen xxxxx
Highlighted

Great  idea Helen , but only if Bryan Ferry can still sing tonight at our lovely cyber cafe. Marie xxx

Highlighted

I think it's a good idea Helen. X
Highlighted

Hi,ladies,not sure if you'll think this is a good idea or not. I'm going to start a cyber cafe thread as I think sometimes ladies with other mets don't come onto bone mets as they think it's just for bone mets and ladies with the B squatters everywhere don't know where to post .

I always mention that's where we are.
Also it keeps everyone together regardless of mets .

Not sure what you think xxxx
Hugs,Helen xxxx
Highlighted

Glad you had a lovely day with your son Helen. X
The sun is guaranteed to shine on the cafe garden bank holiday Monday. The bunting looks fab, can't wait for the bouncy castle, pony rides and free candy floss. X
Highlighted

Hi Helen, glad you had a great day, you made me laugh with the grass cutting, hubby is the same, we have lawn in back garden with stoned edges, a few years ago when he was cutting it he caught one of the stones with the flymo and it flew and hit the patio windows and shattered glass!!! 😃let's just say the air was extremely blue!!!

Hi to everyone hope you enjoy the weekend, take care 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies,
Thank you for all the birthday wishes. We had a great time and I loved it. Only a few tears but not in front of him. Totally shattered today but worth every minute 🎈🎈🎂🎂xxxxxx

Yes,when I get my bloods taken I get the CA15-3 Tumour markes done as well (only my onc does them as he's old school according to the nurses) it shows if my C is on the move and adapting . He looks for a trend of them going up ,about three in a row. Unfortunately my last two have been going up not much. This may sound odd but it sort of prepares me for CT scan results.📈

I'll catch up later as the sun is shining in the NE 🌞 very unusual and I'm supervising hubby cutting grass later!!
All I'm saying is thank god he's an accountant and not a hairdresser. My grass looks like aliens have made crop circles on it and a herd of cows have stampeded over it when he's finished.👽🐄🐄🐄 but at least it's short!

Huge sunny hugs,Helen xxxxxx
Highlighted

Hope that you had a lovely party with your son Helen....
Highlighted

Happy 21st to Helen's son. Hope you all,had a wonderful  day to remember. Great to be celebrating  something nice and creating  memories xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Lynn! I like the magic cake idea. Mine is chocolate with coconut all over it!! Hope you had a great time celebrating!

Helen, My lungs can't be of any help with balloons either. I hope he had a fabulous day and you too! FF

Highlighted
Community Champion

Dear Sianie, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. It isn't easy losing  our moms no matter how old we are. FF

Highlighted

Highlighted

Hey all I know lots of you hang out on this thread we are in the horrible wait for ct scan stage after second couples of herceptin plus pertuzumhab.
Highlighted

Happy birthday son of Helen! You'll all have a lovely day full of fab memories, and you can tell us all about it when you've got time Helen
LD x
Highlighted

Many , many thanks, my wise friends.
Marie xxx
Highlighted

Hi Marie, I have regular markers taken, more so than scans, the CA15-3 and the CEA markers.
Here's a helpful site,
http://labtestsonline.org.uk/
In someone with no cancer the CA15-3 marker can be anywhere between 0-35. Some patients have markers in their hundreds or thousands, the trend of your markers will be monitored, rather than focusing on a particular number.
Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy birthday to your son Helen. Have a fantastic day with everyone and I'm sure you will have spoilt him rotten 🙂
Lynn, I got my wires crossed and thought you were out for cake yesterday rather than dinner. I hope you and OH hd a lovely time.
Marie I don't have tumour markers done and they are not essential as such but some oncologists/hospitals use them for an underlying trend. I would say that normally they are taken when BC is first diagnosed that way there is a reference point as everyone's are different depending on the laboratory used. There was a great definition on here a good few years back that explained why they can be quite different values and therefore don't be alarmed if someone's are completely in another range to yours. It will be a trend with yours that will be looked at and a rise can show treatment isn't working before maybe a scan is used to confirm. Having said that, in my understanding, a small rise can also be caused by something else. Also not everyone's markers show BC activity they are more accurate for ovarian cancer, I think, and please correct me anyone who thinks I'm talking rubbish! CA 153 is one of the markers and there's another one but I can't remember its number.
Hope this helps but I'm sure any of the ladies who do have them checked will be able to help more than me!
Have a good bank holiday everyone, thinking, as ever of Bev and Sheila dealing with the SEs of their rads and also of Chris.
Take care lovely ladies
Nicky xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Will pop in for a piece of cake later. Marie CA 15-3 is the bc tumour marker blood test xx

Highlighted

Helen , hope you and your family have a wonderful time celebrating. The bunting is up in the coffee shop and there is a beautiful 21st cake for everyone to share. M xxx

Tumour markers , went for bone injection today, Asked about my tumour markers , they have never been done ! Have now been added to my normal blood request. The nurses talked about 15.3 . as the bc score. I really don't know what they were talking about.

Should I have been having this test ?

Wise ladies please advise me if you can.Many thanks Marie xxxx

Highlighted

Happy 21st Birthday, Helen's son!! Have the best of the best days with your family xxx
Highlighted

Morning ladies.

Aww Helen a big happy birthday wish to your Son, i'm sure he will have a fabulous day!!

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday to your boy! You'll have a lovely day, sounds great fun! Looking forward to hearing about it later xx

Highlighted

Thank you Belinda xxxxx 🎈🎈🎈🎈
Highlighted

Shout out for a balloon pump Helen. Hope you all have a wonderful day, sure there will be tears and laughter and some wonderful moments, wonderful memories. With love, Belinda. X
Highlighted

Good morning lovely ladies.
It's my sons 21st today🎂 I'm so excited that im here to celebrate.

A few tears yesterday as this is probably his last birthday I'll see. So I'm going all out banners ,balloons ,cake ,party. Not sure how balloons will get blown up as my sister has asthma and me with lungs full of squatters but we'll do it lol.
I'll catch up later with every one,huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi JulieD - no worries, I just can't believe for someone that feels well that I can have so much wrong with me and everyone tells how well I am looking - perhaps I'm not hearing them properly.

Glad to hear that your tummy is improving.

Pippie x
Highlighted

My thoughts are with you and your family Sianie. May your lovely mum rest in peace now. Xx
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Lynn, hope you're having a great birthday. X
Highlighted

🎂🎂 Happy Birthday Lynn 🎂🎂
Have a wonderful Day.
Huge birthday hugs,Helen xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Happy Birthday Lynn! Have a lovely time tonight and thank you for the cake. How did you know, fruit cake is my favourite!!
Highlighted

Happy birthday Lynn, my cake was delicious so thank you. Have a lovely evening with your husband x
Highlighted

Happy birthday Lynn. Thank you for the cake.Yum Yum Marie xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Deleted - duplicate post

Highlighted

Happy birthday Lynn, hope you have a fab day and a lovely slap up meal tonight,

Hi to everyone, hope you're well, sending hugs to those who are struggling at the moment, good luck to those having scans, results etc. 

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Lynnq! Hope you have a lovely evening and a nice meal. Thank you for the magic cake, I always find it difficult to chose between chocolate cake, Victoria, and lemon so perhaps it'll serve me a mix of layers - could be very interesting! Tummy is improving daily so hopefully will be back to normal by the weekend.

Pippie, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to depress or frighten you about the hearing issue, I think it's quite rare so try not to dwell on it.Heart

Any news on Sheila?

Have as good a day as possible girls xxxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Happy Birthday Lynn. Have a great day and enjoy that cake. The rest of us will tuck into the one you have sent us at the coffee shop, yum yum. I may have to wait until the local anaesthetic wears off later this afternoon once I've been to the dreaded dentist. No extractions thank goodness, especially as I'm on bone strengtheners, but an old filling needs replacing. Last time I went for another filling to be replaced I popped into our local shops afterwards having applied lipstick to brighten me up. However I forgot just how frozen your face becomes wih the LA and it wasn't till I got home and looked in the mirror that I realised I looked like a clown, ha ha. Won't be making that mistake again!
Nicky x

Highlighted

Good morning every one. Today is my birthday and my lovely husband is taking me to a nice resteraunt for dinner so won't be popping in to the coffee shop today since I want to save my appetite. However I am sending a lovely big magic birthday cake for you allto share.....when you take a slice it becomes your favourite flavour so it makes everyone happy!

Hope everyone is as well as they can be.

Julie hope that your tummy probs are improving, i forget how soothing a nice pep tea can be....thanks for reminding me.....
Highlighted

So sorry to hear your sad news Sian, love to,you and your family. Wish I could think of something else to say. Xxx
Highlighted

So sorry to hear your sad news Sianie seeding lots of love to you and your family xx