62210members
327489posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bone mets - please join in

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Sharon get well soon and make sure you rest in there you need a bank loan to watch the TV love Julie ❤❤❤

Hi Carolyn yes I'm on fect . Not cold capping as I don't think I could go through that . Got my beenie hats and head scarves ready . X

Sharon
Just take it easy and relax on ward and let the nurses spoil you and the hunky docs pamper you !!!!
Loads of hugs xxxx

Hello Corey
Glad u are feeling ok ..not sure what chemo u r having but I had fec and it was always 8 hours after I got the sicky bit. Are you cold capping ? Not sure how good the Exeter ones are as don't know anyone here that has had them.
Take it easy ...xx

Hi yes I'm on a ward.xx
Yes the food is fine..its hot and stuffy on here.although my husband just told me its really hot outside.xsharon

Hi every body just like to say thank you to everybody for the good wishes and support. Slept well last night and had breakfast this morning . Feel ok apart from tired ok at the moment no sickness yet . Although plenty of time for that . Here's hoping I don't get it xx enjoy the lovely sunny day every one xx
Community Champion

Sharon, Sorry you are in the hospital. Hope they get you situated soon and out of there. I do enjoy not having to cook or do house hold chores while I'm there. I like my own bed though! Feel better soon! Hugs! FF

Sharon
Are you on a ward or still in a and e ?
Xx

It's hot out here ..do enjoy the air conditioning of hospital. Hope the food is ok ..when I was in hosp last year ..it was good and nice to have it served up without shopping for it , cooking it and then washing up after it.
💟💟💟💟

Every time I get a scan ..it's different rules !! With whatever nurse is on duty !!
Glad u relaxing and reading up on the threads ...
💟💟

No its more likely to be fluid from the Mets they build up and cause swelling...update you all later.hate being shut in here in the summer.😊

Carolyn if you don't wear zips or metal button.you can keep your own clothes on for ct bone scans..i just wear legging and t.shirtxx

Sharon
So glad to hear from you ..hopefully they will sort you out ...maybe you have a surprise baby in there causing the swelling !!! Ha ha
Chin up ..
We are all thinking of you
Hugs xxx❤❤❤

Hi Carolyn still in hosp.got different pain killers as called oxytocin ..think I'm having ultrascan today.xx

Sharon
Hope hospital a and e have sorted out your swollen tummy and you are more comfy ..
Thinking of you
Hugs xxx

Hello ladies
Weather is gorgeous ..love it .so going to overwork the washing machine and wash everything in sight !! Sad so sad. Ha ha
Hope u r ok .
Hugs xxx

Hi Corey You have got a long way to travel. Hope your SEs aren't bad, you can take time to look after yourself and you have a community around to support you. xx

Hello Corey, glad to hear you have your first chemo under your belt. Sorry you had a bit of a meltdown and are suffering from a headache (hope that is better now!). The staff will be used to people coming in extra stressed, so I hope they looked after you. Sorry you have such a long journey both ways, and the roads aren't great, are they?

Please take care of yourself as much as possible. It is a stressful time. I hope you get few, mild or, preferably, no, side effects.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Hugs. Barton.x

Since my sis moved to bude ..getting quite used to it. We always end up in rosies on the seafront for lunch as its good food and my sis can take her dog in as well.
Yes ..you will b busy this time of year with the tourists but hey hoo ...it's extra income.
Take care of yourself and keep in touch with us. I think Barton has already been in touch about a meet up for coffee ..there are three of us here in Exeter that meet .
Hugs xx

Hi yes in between holsworthy and bude . So we get the best of both worlds . Lots of people come and stay in our holiday cottage on the farm and ask us about the best places to eat or best beaches. Funny really as we hardly get time to go to the beach and if we do my 14 yr old doesn't want to go as its not cool going out with your parents but my other two kids love it . Xxx

Hiya ..so you are a holsworthy girl ..bit of a trip to Exeter for treatment though. My sis lives in bude ..so pass through when visiting her.
But you are in good hands in Exeter ..good oncology care in cherrybrook.
Hugs xxx

Hi Carolyn 52 I think I got soo uptight about picc line . Felt I bit silly afterwards , the fear of the Unknown I suppose . Have a head ache but think that might be the stress and the long trip back home to holsworthy xx thank you for being so kind xx

Hello Corey
Well done ..once the first chemo is out the way you will know what to expect and be able to plan your life around the good days and bad ones. Keep a daily diary so you will be able to keep a normal routine around it.
The picc line will help too ..think they fit them in more comfortable places these days ..mine was right in the crook of the arm and a bit irritating .
Hugs xxx

Hi every one just wanted to say had my picc line fitted no problems with that and also had my first chemo this afternoon . Feeling a bit tired and with the anti sickness here's hoping it works . It was a long drive home done by hubby but had some tea and just chilling .

Jultz
The trouble with slimming stuff ...you eat twice or three times the amount and so u just as well eat the proper stuff !!! Ha ha .
Your learning from the master here but she is outgrowing her size 14 very quickly.
Hugs xxx

Hiya marirose
Firstly all the best for your scan this week ..it's a really busy time for so many this week.
The knickers are m and s of course and Im Sure they would stretch around big Ben if they had to. I always wear a tee shirt bra with no metal too for scans. But x rays and bone scans ...if I avoid metal ..can keep my dignity and not wear a silly gown. I suppose hospitals all vary. Bone injections easy ..just unflop a big bit of belly fat !!!
Xxx

Carolyn your right I should just get the real stuff massive bar of dairy milk my mouth is watering now haha x x
Community Champion

Hi all

bonariensis I didn't know you could get your scan results through the post. Not sure if I like that idea ok if good but if results bad I would want to see onc as soon as possible but at least you get a report to study it and ask questions.

Carolyn where are the hospital knickers from I can't imagine what they must look like. I always dress with clothes that do not have metal on not even bras. They let me go in without undressing and putting a gown on. I hate them you always feel your bum is on show for all to see. What does annoy me is waiting ages because you always get there early and then a patient gets wheeled in from A+E and they get seen first. I also look at the faces as I am leaving some they seem to look at you with pity one even said good luck made me wonder if they saw something bad.

Well I've got it all to go through on Thursday not as late as it usually is 6.10p.m normally get one for 8.pm or Sunday at a hospital a few miles away.

Good luck to julzd and anyone els having scan results.

Love and (((hugs)))  xxx

Oh Jultz 

Go for it properly .. run to the corner shop and get a bar of Cadburys .. rather than that pretend stuff !!!!

Note to self .... stop posting such rubbsh here as I notice some of the postings get 400 views !! and I must be labeled as some sort of idiot !!

xxxx 

Hi jannette and carolyn I've had my fix too bought a box of the new chocolate coconut macaroon from slimming world this morning ate three already so that was pointless but they taste lovely x x

Nice to hear you haven't let the side down Carolyn! I've just had my fix too, just a little KitKat though as I'm "trying" to be good for my hols!
Hugs Janette xx

When I go hospital for bone inj, scan or to see oncologist ...I get out the car and find the nearest loo ..then go to the waiting room and try to look normal by reading a magazine ...but really I'm just pretending to read. Isn't it embarrassing for scans ..u put on the hospital gown ..which doesn't do up properly and hence the reason for " hospital knickers"they r usually black, thicker and enormous and if its winter u are wearing ugg boots which compliment the outfit ...call the fashion police !!!
Hugs xx

Hello ladies
Well haven't let the chocoholics down today ..had a large daily fix ..yum ....oink oink 🐷
Best of luck to everyone with their scans this week ..sending loads of fairy dust and cyber hugs .
Xxx
Community Champion

Moijan, When I lay down to get my CT, I always think get up and run NOW! Run now you can run free and just say I quit I'm done! Then I say or you can be brave go thru with it and it will be what it will be! Maybe if you go through with it you will be stable and enjoy more life. So far I haven't run free!

Hi moijan I'm exactly the same at scans and appointments I try to read their faces and always come up with something bad it's rediculous to them it's just a job we go there so anxious every thing they say or do we think means something ❤❤
Community Champion

Hello everyone, thank you for your good wishes.

Funny things scans, I lay in the mri scanner thinking, these pauses between being told to 'Breath in...blah blah'  .....are very long today, whats happening? Have they just seen everything has GONE!  Are they worried because they think theyve lost it?

then I thought 'oh no, theyve found the opposite, they are pondering how to tackle this!....'

Lastly.. the voice of reason said' they must be teaching, I heard lots of chatter in there last time they said...'breathe normally.'..

when I got out, I asked 'are you teaching today? And they said 'Yes, we were showing X how to...'

so that just goes to show how the thought demon can take over!

Boneariensis , getting scan results by post must be a bit scary? If you were worried who would you chat to?

on the other hand maybe you live a way from the hosp?

Good luck to you too jultz xx

Carolyn, I think chocolate is a good option( my bum and tum thrive/grow really well on it!) it has a lot of antioxidants and love hugs in it!  Much love, hairless hattiexx

julzd, moijan  Good luck with your scan results. These appointments are so scary. It can be hard to ask or say all the things you have been planning for weeks before hand. My last 2 results have come by post though, if they had been bad, I don't know what would have happened, I usually wait at least an hour having got there at the appointed time which doesn't help.

Hello Jeanette
No i didn't give into choc yesterday but there was a reason ..I pinched a haribo off my grandson ..got a bit of sugar in a iffy tooth and had tooth ache ..fine today so got some catching up to do now as have two bars in fridge all ready !!!
Hope headache problem is ok .
Hugs xx

Morning ladies. 

Carolyn, hold your head up high my fellow choco-ohlic, I too cannot go 1 day without a chocolate fix, even if it is just a chocolate biscuit some form of the yummy stuff has to pass these lips!.....by the way did you break last night? 

Good luck to those having scans / results this week. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Thanks funnyface hope you're ok x x x

Moijan
I'm getting a bit paranoid about my reputation of being a chocoholic !!! I've been all day today without any ..how about that ?
Hugs xxx
Community Champion

Good luck with scans and appointments, so nerve racking!

Hi moijan good luck for Wed ❤❤❤

Carolyn you've did better than me I could never jump in the deep end lol. I am exactly the same at appointments I ask no questions can't get out quick enough x x x
Community Champion

Hi Jultz,

me too, am waiting for results of my mri on Wed. I'm right there along with you and  Carolyn, I often feel like running away,( tho my onc is a lovely guy) maybe we should try a bar of chocolate? Carolyn?

Hiya jultz
Good to hear from you ...it's awful the fear factor with oncologists and scans and I almost run out after my appointments !!
Well u r into fitness ...never quite got the hang of riding a bike or roller skating as my mum wouldn't let us do anything dangerous like that as kids!! Did jump in the deep end of pool holding my nose when I was five and got a brownie badge though !!!
Hugs xxx

Hi ladies hope you've had a good weekend just thought I'd check in I'm getting a bit anxious I'm seeing oncologist Friday no doubt he will be booking my ct scan in. I'm feeling ok went on a bike ride today and fell off felt a right idiot as I had an audience ! My knee and elbow are all scratched and bruised what an idiot haha hope you're all well ❤❤❤ julie ❤❤

Hiya . Bet the new ceiling is to cover up an old artex one...it's the only way to get rid.
I have mobility probs as well and diy jobs I was doing last year ...are long since gone.
Having yr daughter / grandkids around will be a good focus away from this dreadful blimp in our lives !!!!
Take care xx

We have had a new ceiling in our living room, the house is a tip. Redecorating today. Haven't done any of that for some time, the skirting boards have got further away and sitting on the floor isn't an option. Furniture should be back by the end of the week. Grandchildren and daughter came for tea. My latest bone scan showed stable which is good as my son-in-law (in the RAF) is going away for 6 months soon and I will hopefuly be able to help my daughter retain her sanity.

Community Champion

Hot, nasty humidity! It's been like this for about 3 weeks! You don't even want to go outside. I hate being inside. I would prefer to be out grilling, pina colada in hand, tiki torches lit, playing some games. Haven't had a dinner outside in weeks. Had a couple events we wanted to go too, but just to scorching. Oh well, maybe next year. Supposed to get storms today and be cooler this week.Hoping they are right!