Bone mets - please join in

Community Champion

Re: Bone mets - please join in

Good luck Janette sorry
Community Champion

Good lick for tomorrow Janette, positive vibes coming you way xxxx

Spooky moment for the real Marie !

At work today over lunch the matter of a 65 woman having quads came up (I am not in my sixties ) well it was all very serious  and they all disapproved. I was desperate to tell that I have quads. Then I realised they are my cyber babies. I then got absolutely hysterical as the conversation went on. There was , 'How will she manage, so selfish etc 'At this point I had to cough and leave the room.Cyber  and reality are now crossing. My friends do not know my happy situation , that is Ross and the babies.

I kept breaking out into laughter all afternoon.xxx

I know we talk  a lot about medication and help each other, but I truly don't think there is any medication for this problem.

Another photo shoot tomorrow, will send washing to the next on the rota. Talk about appearing on The One Show . Take care Marie

xxx

Hi ladies, hope you are all okay....well "scanxiety is certainly kicking in now :-( I see my onc at 3 tomorrow for results of my bone and CT scan, god only knows how i will sleep tonight, I feel it's not going to be great news as for the last few months my TMs have been rising, she did say that it might be that she just needs to change me hormone treatment. 

Hugs to all Janette xxxxxxx 

Hello girls and ladies Smiley Happy.  Had my last rads today and another two injections of Faslodex.  Spoke to my onc and he said he changes me onto Denosumab (XGeva) as Zometa wasn't agreeing with me really.  Enjoyed brilliant 29C today with ice cream in my hand, it was lovely.  Booked a flight for Scotland for Sat and I gather I will be in for a climate shock brrrrr.

Love from Tine xxx

Hello Edwina....just wanted to post and offer hugs since we seem to have similar type of BC, and I am also 64 years with hormone receptor (ER+ 8/8) I am on letrozole which has been very successful so far but my TMs have increased a little and I have a very painful groin. I had a bone scan on Monday, results next week...
I Do hope that your 3/4 dose kicks in soon. They say that there are several treatments for ER+ ladies so - although it is easy to say - try not to worry that nothing will work....and keep posting on here, we're a cheerful lot but also very supportive when needed. I don't post often - other people seem to put things so much better than I can....but I read every day

XX

Oh,ladies,I'm shocked!😯😯😯
LD,☔️☔️☔️🎽👖👗👚👕👔 may it drizzle for a while hee hee,oh you naughty girl.

Still here, we know what you mean,nudge,nudge,wink,wink.💥💥

Hugs,Helen xxxxx

Hi Edwina, can't offer you advice but just to say I'm thinking of you. There seem to be many options for ER+, I've been on Capecitabine for almost 2 years.
Now ladies, yes, I'll do my share of nappy washing duties but I should warn that I'm also washing all my horses' rugs and dogs' blankets so they will come out full of hair and other unmentionable stains. I read somewhere that Natalie likes refreshing clothes so I'm sending the whole lot to her! Ross loves his horse so I'm hoping he will offer me a ride...on his horse, you naughty ladies!!

Ooh Helen, my mind's going into overdrive now! As its drizzling today, I'll have to keep hubbies until the sun shines again which could be tomorrow or day after or day after... When they're thoroughly clean and properly rested I'll send them home for your entertainment - I'm sure they'll enjoy sharing their new knowledge with you!
Enjoy today's photoshoot Marie, let us know where we can see the piccies. I'm hoping the quads aren't only in the background this time.
Edwina, can't help with your questions I'm afraid but take time to get used to the latest news and be gentle with yourself.
Hope everyone can have a good day
LD x

Marie,thank you xxx. The mess and all the baby grows could be the car seats strapped on to a horse .too bumpy for them. I think you and Ross may need a cart for them xxxx
LD,all the hubbies are bringing the washing.so you have as much "fun" as you like with all the soap suds 😉😉😉 xxx hugs,Helen xxx

Morning ladies, now then the weather is not as good today they have said we might get a spot of rain later so don't take those covers off yet!! Mind you if you are going to send the lovely DC with them i could make allowances!! :-)
Hugs Janette x x
Community Champion

Helen , have a wonderful time at the theatre. I've wanted to see Wicked. Just getting the washing sorted for you all. The quads have been very messy co lots of baby grows. Everyone enjoy the sun if you can. Just having my makeup and hair done for another photo shoot. It's a tough life. M xxx

Belinda,I haven't heard from Sheila. She may still be in hospital as her calcium levels were being naughty again.

Oh,cushion covers! Thanks for the reminder ,I'll get them on way too. I'll send Mr DC to collect yours as he's taking mine. But please don't let him near any mirrors or he'll be there all day.
Hugs, Helen xxxx

Hi Edwina, I'm not on the same chemo but just wanted to say I hope you find the Onc is right and the chemo kicks in to do a good job. It's always stressful when we have to deal with progression so be kind to yourself and allow yourself the time to adjust. X
Has anyone heard from Sheila, Roxy? If you are still in hospital Sheila, waves, I hope you are soon home.
And hello to all our new friends here, so sorry you have to join us but this is a supportive place. X
Forgot to send my cushion covers and BIG bath sheets over to LD and Janette but they are now ready to go.
Have a good day all.....x

Hi,Edwin's,thank you for your kind words but I'm no different from anyone else xx

Unfortunately every treatment will stop being of any use as the C adapts to it. But like our lovely Belinda she went back on a hormone treatment years after being on it .there are many treatments if your ER+.

There's a threads on the EE treatment ,it will be under treatment section. I'll bump it up for you.
Have you been on capercitabine chemo as its an oral chemo and you keep your hair. It's also an "easy" chemo.
Try not to worry (easier said than done) we are all here for you.
Huge hugs,Helen xxxx

Hi everyone I have been reading your post and raising a smile and really admire Helen who still has her sense of humor despite everything she has going on. I have been on ee since christmas but after severe side effects l had a four week break then late Jan started half a dose and seven weeks ago went up to 3/4 dose. I had a scan in Nov before starting this treatment which confirmed that Letrozole was no longer working and a scan end March for which 

I got the results yesterday. The onc said everything slightly bigger but also it has now spread to the lungs. She said this was probably always in the  lungs but too small to show up so she called it stable. I was very down after finding out but agreed to keep on the ee for a while as she thought we didn't get enough time to if 3/4 of dose will work. Is anyone else on this? And this dose? I am worrying what next as results on Letrozoe were great for a year but seem to be getting worse since then, getting scared nothing will work. I am 64 with hormon

e receptor positive bc and bone mets and now lung mets , thanks for any info Edwina x

Good morning lovely ladies,hope everyone is okay.

Oh,Belinda,I've got all my hubbies carrying my washing over too.Bear is making them March over to the ladies.

What?? Marie and Ross charged me £20 for a passport sized photo!! They must be raking the money in now,what with TV appearances ,books and photos.

Well I'm off to see Wicked tonight at the theatre with my sister. Can't wait,yippeeeeee!
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxx

Ah snowy white real nappies, only the best for those quads. Sending all my curtains, duvet covers and sofa covers for a "freshen up"....ladies send all your curtains, duvets, sofa covers to Janette and Lemon Drizzle.....the more the merrier. Spring cleaning time. :-)
Marie thank you for the signed photo of you and Ross, very good value for £25.99 ladies, postcard size.
Community Champion

So sorry LD you got left of the washing rota. Don't worry a bag is on its way. M
Community Champion

Ladies, ladies please behave yourselves . Glad the washing and ironing has got done today. I have rather a lot from the quads. Chocolates insists on 'real nappies' So Helen, Belinda, Stillhere and Janette I will get Chocolates to bag the washing up for you. Many thanks. Yes the photographs are lovely of Ross and I. Glad you are all buying the book. And by the way Ross only had a little drink on Sunday. Keep those washing machines going ! Marie

Hi ladies, you are very welcome to send me all your washing, I don't mind the ironing either :-) my hubby also reckons I am sad, I have even been known to go in the wardrobe and get clothes out to wash  just to "freshen" them up!!!! :-) 

LD, yes I am enjoying my extra day off, just do Tues/wed now and that is just nice, just enough to keep me sain and give me a few "C free" days.

Hugs to all Janette xxxxxxx 

LD,I'm sure Marie,will do the ironing as she has no babies to look after.
Oh, Mr P. hitting the bottle? Oh,chocolate you may be able to steal him back if he's tired of Marie??
Oh,this love triangle just gets more juicer by the day !! Hee hee
No sunshine in NE today,boooo!
Huge hugs and if your lucky enough to have the sun enjoy, Helen xxxxx

Hee hee!! I noticed that Mr P was hitting the bottle in last Sunday's episode, could he have tired of Marie already? Don't want to splash out on the coffee table book (even though a snip at £49.99) if there needs to be some airbrushing and replacing with Chocs lissom and quad-free figure! Or mine, I still have hope.........
Hoping that everyone has a beautiful sunshine day xx

Thanks for the washing Belinda. It's blowing nicely but I'm afraid I can't offer an ironing service so someone else needs to volunteer! I'm not surprised there's only a small picture of the quads in the back of Marie's book as she doesn't seem to be stepping up to the mark motherwise. If it wasn't for Chocs being given them to look after then I'd be even more concerned than I am now! She seems to love the money the publicity gets for the quads more than them - at least she's enjoying herself though.
Hope your neutrophils had a good holiday and come back fully charged Belinda
LD x

Oh,good idea Belinda,I'm packing my washing now.

As for the book there are a few saucy pictures in there too!! The rolling in the hay in barn,all I'm saying is I'm blushing. 😳😳Good job there is some well placed hay !!!
How she got her figure back so quickly is amazing . Quads and cream teas!!!🍰🍩☕️
You just watch Marie will be with child again in no time. 🍼🍼🍼🍼🍼
Hugs,Helen xxxx

Ladies, please send all your washing round to LD's and Janette's gardens, I just have, the more the merrier. You don't have to thank me girls only too happy to help. :-)
I have just pre ordered Marie's book on Amazon, the deluxe coffee table addition, only £49.99 Seems lots of pics of the happy couple in various romantic settings, Paris, Naples. There is a small pic of the quads at the back.
Good luck to all with scans, results, appointments and treatment this week. Hoping my neutrophils are ok for chemo this week they went away on holiday last week. :-) x

Good morning everyone
Janette, I'm with you about washing on a line. Although it's cloudy here at the moment it's meant to get sunnier later so batch already on line and another in machine ready to go out in 10 mins. Hubby reckons I'm just sad!! This is one of the bonuses of not being at work - got to find positive things about this illness when I can. How are you enjoying your extra day off since you're working a day less - stupid question I bet.
Hope everyone can enjoy the day
LD x

Good morning lovely ladies,hope we are all okay.
Lynn,hope your scan was okay xxxx

Oh,janette your are like me if it's sunny out I have to have some washing on line too. Oh,yippee,to a new tablet too.xxxxx

Marie,advisors ?? I think not. I hear channel 5 are making a documentary about mothers leaving their babies and galloping off into the sunset with tall dark strangers !! Xxx

Huge sunny hugs, Helen xxxxxxxxx

Good evening all - I've just been reading through the last few days posts, they do bring a smile to my face.

The weather her in the South has been beautiful these last few days, it has been a pleasure to just be able to get out and about and enjoy the sunshine.

Lynnq - I hope everything went well with your bone scan and had a lovely walk.

Janette - now that you have a tablet you may stay longer on it than your phone being that you will be able to see better.

Thinking of everyone receiving scans/treatments/results this week and hope that everything goes well.

Pippie

Morning  ladies,  lovely day here in Manchester today and have got the washer working away....hate to see no washing on the line when it's so nice  :-)

Hope we are feeling well today, my hubby bought me a tablet at the weekend so I can use it for this forum, I usually just use my phone but  struggle reading things sometimes as it is only small, he said he is fed up of seeing me with my phone glued to my hand :-)

Lynne, good luck with your bone scan today, I had mine last week and get results of that and CT on Thursday, I only live 5 minutes drive away from my hospital so I can have my injection go home and then go back for the scan.

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Morning everyone, hope that you are all as well as you can be.

I am going for my bone scan today. The first appt is 1200 for the injection and then back at 3.00pm for the scan with an X-ray to follow. It is about an hours drive to the hosp so I will have some lunch in Costa at the hosp and then go for a gentle walk between the first and second appt., I have awful shoulder/neck pain today. I am assuming that it is tension, or I have laid akwardly in bed.....
My onc and the BCN are both on holiday so they have promised me that one of the other BCNs will ring with the results next week.
I have to say that the BCNs at the hosp I attend are very good, unlike some of the ones others have...
Still enjoying both versions of Poldark....the BBC one and the BCC one!

Marie, social services have now been informed and should be visiting shortly!
Chocolates, hope your week back at school isn't too hectic and remember half term is only 6 weeks away!
Helen, pleased to see you're sounding like your normal self. Hope you're feeling as well as you sound.
Enjoy the evening sunshine everyone
LD x
Community Champion

The quads are growing up so quickly, already able to read Biff and Chip. Just to clarify Ross and I will be advisors on the Jeremy Kyle show. 'How to bring up quads , without raising a finger ' The book will be published in the Autumn.
To all the lovely ladies , have a good week. Good luck for treatments and scans. Always in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Marie xxx

Lol,Belinda and Choc.
Chocolate,now you know you're getting attached to those little cuties .i bet they all have mini aprons on now.

When Marie and Ross appear on Jeramy Kyle show next week "why I abandoned my quads for a roll in the hay" you can shout at the TV .
Hope you have an easy week back at school.
Hugs to you both,Helen xxxxx

Have a good week Chocs. 4 little satchels, 8 shiny shoes and 4 Biff and Chip level one readers, clever quads. X

Afternoon ladies, busy day here get ready for back to school tomorrow. Just popped on to see how everyone is. I've got a really hectic week so ( not that any of it involves looking after those quads!!!) going to be taking a break and back on at the weekend. Good luck to everyone receiving scans/treatments/results and fingers crossed everything goes well.

Huge hugs everyone,
Hxxx

Yes Helen did you not get the memo? "We must remember to pack our pesky BC and it's side effects away on a Friday night until Monday morning." It's shocking how some hospitals can be so empty of doctors at weekends and bank holidays. I think my hospital is pretty good over weekends but there should be universal standards. :-( Blooming shocking you waited and never saw an Oncology Doctor whilst on an Oncology ward!
X

Good morning lovely ladies,hope every one is okay.
Bev,hope you feel better each day xxxxx

Shiela,how are you doing. I hope your resting and regaining your strength xxxxxx

Well I better set the record straight.
Firstly I cannot fault the nurses at my hospital. The ones I saw were wonderful.
I don't have the same onc as Geordie or Julie . Unfortunately I still have the same onc from Fawlty tower as this is his base.

What I was angry about was I was admitted Thursday and didn't see one doctor until Tuesday afternoon. Who was just a general junior doctor who couldn't answer any Cancer related questions. I never saw an onc at anytime. I was on a ward just for cancer patients too !!😷

We all know about no docs on weekend blah blah. Personally I think hospitals should be fully staffed 365 days and 24 hours. Strange how the police and fire service manage it.👮🔥
Hope that's put record straight .

My hubby came into visit on good Friday and called at WHS( hospital has one) to get me a cup of tea. Unfortunately it was closed. Next to it there are sofas to sit on. And there was a tramp sleeping on it ! So hubby came up and told me and the nurse Iwho was in my room. I said to her it was probably my onc. so off she went to look at tramp and call security.( who were probably off as its a holiday weekend)

Huge hugs to everyone,Helen xxxxxx

LD - this did make me LOL when I read it.

So please that you all had a fantastic time at the party/rave and hope to be able to join you all next time.

Pippie

Hiya helen.....glad you're home and posting again.....take care

Hi Bev......glad to near that you're feeling that the symptoms are easing after your first two rads......think of you a lot

Xx

Sorry i posted here by mistake instead of on lung/brain mets page.

Had my first 2 rads and feel the symptoms have eased already. Still a bit shaky on my feet but after 5 seizure its normal. No other side effects of rads.
Seeing onc on wed morning at clinic an hour after the last radiotherapy.
Speak to u all soon....enjoy the weekend xxx

Hi Julie, I'm glad Chris is home and spending time with the family, hope she is as comfortable as is possible. X

Hmm LD, well you were very happy with those, cough cough, legal drugs last night, hanging onto my rotary line, Michael Flately's Riverdance at full volume. The quads have such eclectic tastes in music.
Just seen Chocs in Sainsbury's cafe....are the quads up to eating iced buns just yet? They were all smiles, look so cute, very like their father. X

The drugs are legal - I had treatment yesterday! Thought I'd better clear that up x

Thank goodness you're back Helen. Our party last night was to celebrate your release. Combination of drugs, Prosecco and cake gave me a great sleep - only got up at 11am and slept from 2 o'clock last night. We'll have to do it again when everyone's feeling ok!
Marie, if you keep abandoning these poor quads then social services will get involved and you'll be in trouble!!
Have as good an afternoon as you can ladies
LD x

Julie D,thank you for the update on Chris. Please send her all our love. She's a wonderful lady xxxx
Community Champion

So glad you are home Helen.
Sheila , sending get better wishes to you.
To everyone having a difficult time , be gentle with yourself.
Feeling a bit poorly after the party, too much drizzle cake I think. LD I never knew you could tap dance like that !
While I'm resting Choc has taken the quads in their buggy for a walk, she is so kind.
Take care Marie xx
Community Champion

Helen lovely to see you posting and to know you are home, look forward to hearing more when you are more rested.

Sheila hope you are starting to feel better and the hospital are gtting your levels under control.

Bev hope you managed to do something nice on your birthday and not just hospital appts.We are thinking of you and sending love and strength.

Chris if you are reading this you know you are always in my thoughts my lovely friend. Ladies, in case Chris doesn't post thought you'd like to know she is home from hospice her meds seem to be helping and she is spending time with her lovely family.

Belinda, sorry we kept you awake, Maries stories were very entertaining and had us in fits but the quads were a bit of a handful and we had to turn the music up to keep them happy.

Helen, great to know you're home.

Sheila, hope you'll soon be feeling better.

Sending love to everyone. x