cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

COVID 19 injections πŸ’‰

16 REPLIES 16
paris

Re: COVID 19 injections πŸ’‰

Haha! Yes I feel the same. Both arms bruised from canula in one arm on Monday and blood from the other yesterday. Off to get my denosumab later and my next 3 weeks supply of Palbo. Going to take it easy for the next few days! 

Keep smiling and stay safe everyone x

SondraF

Yeah, in the last week I:

a) Finished a course of doxycycline for the sinus infection

b) Ct scan with contrast (and MRI) run through a cannula

c) Vaccine

d) Monthly denosumab and zoladex injections, on top of giving up a couple vials of blood

e) Restarted next cycle of palbo

Ive got plasters all over due to all the various pricks and prods. No wonder my body was protesting this morning when I woke up, considering how much crap has been dumped into it in the last few days!

m123

I had AZ on Sunday and had a similar experience. I had a negative antibodies test in September but possibly had a version of COVID in January 2020 when I picked up an intense 'flu' which included fatigue and a loss of smell and taste.

Still, paracetamol helped a lot and it's worth it to have had the vaccine.

paris

Hi Maisie. Glad you have had the vaccine and experienced little or no side effects! I did develop some quite painful aches and pains in my legs and hips a few days later, but they went after taking ibuprofen. Had another routine ct scan today and feel out of sorts again tonight. My body probably wonders why it's getting injected with all kinds of weird stuff! 

Take care

Gill

SondraF

Just to flag, I have heard anecdotally, and raised by MO today at our monthly chat, that if you had Covid at some point in the past there may be a stronger response to the vaccine and heavier side effects. I had AZ on Saturday morning and was completely flattened by side effects including a spiked fever, aches, chills, sweats, and a really bad headache. A lot of ibuprofen and water and it was past in 36 hours but it was like having a super compressed case of the flu. I recently (two weeks ago) tested negative for Covid due to a sinus infection, but I think I may have had it after Christmas when I had nasal congestion and headache I couldn't clear for several days, but no cough.

Probably best to be prepared and maybe not plan anything major the day after!

Woodsbonsai

Hello Maisie, yes I agree it is better to have the vaccine and hopefully before too long we’ll get some positive news about it’s efficacy in people with suppressed immune systems.  Pleased to hear you’ve had the vaccine and didn’t experience any uncomfortable side effects.  I’m hoping all goes according to Boris’ plan and I get mine by mid February.  Fingers crossed.

maisie54

Hi paris had vaccine on Saturday everything went well side effects just an achy arm which is improving .

wishing you all the best,

take care Maisie xx

maisie54

Hi Woodsbonsai,

i had my vaccine on Saturday Everything went well just an achy arm which has nearly gone.I was concerned regarding immunity response as there is little knowledge on how well it works on people being treated for cancer.But reading some research they are saying that solid tumours could respond quite well to the vaccine .Its early days and they are doing more research as we speak so hopefully we will have more information regarding this issue soon.

But it’s better to have some protection than none at all against this terrible virus .

wishing you all the best Maisiexxx

Woodsbonsai

Thanks for the tip Gill.  I will remember to do that when I get my appointment.  I’m also on Palbociclib and I’ve been told that I should shield even after the second jab.  This is because they have no data available yet as to how effective the vaccine is on people who have a suppressed immune system. Disappointing but I guess we need to follow the science.

paris

Hi. Yes I had to reach for ibuprofen. Paracetamol didn't really touch the sides as far as aches and pains felt! Would recommend that after the event. I feel fine today, just a sore arm still but that's all. 

Gill xx

Lambkin36

Thank you for the advice re paracetamol. I had my jab yesterday and actually took ibuprofen which I find works better for me. Apart from some minor arm tenderness and feeling a bit tired and wobbly today I feel fine. I’m in middle of Palbociclib cycle so the advice re timing also was also reassuring πŸ™‚

paris

Good luck Maisie! I did get some side effects after all! About 24 hours later I had aches and pains...similar to bone met pain!πŸ˜ͺ and a stuffy nose and a cough, but its eased off now and I just take paracetamol. Everyone is different so you might not get anything other than a sore arm! Take care x

maisie54

Hi paris

thankyou for that good advice,I’m having my vaccine this Saturday I will be on week three of palbociclib so not to good for immune side of things I have read it would be best to have on your week off but my oncology nurse informed me it was ok to have at any point in the cycle,she said it was more important to have it than wait for timing.

Im having my first scan the next day so was concerned if it would be ok but that’s fine too.

I feel better now I have cleared these matters ,but it is quite worrying when we have had no trials done on these vaccines .

I will remember to take the paracetamol and hopefully have few side effects !

take care 

Maisie xx

rosie53

I had mine on Friday and I just had the sore arm, similar to when you have the flu jab, it was all really well organised and was only there 20 minutes (you have to sit for 15 minutes after the vaccine.

J x

paris

You are very welcome! ❀

ems22

Hi Gill

Thank you for sharing this, I'm sure many will be grateful to know this, including myself. Haven't got an invitation to have it as yet but will follow this tip when I do.

Kind regards.

paris

COVID 19 injections πŸ’‰

Good morning all.

Just passing on a tip given to me by my Oncologist.

When you have your date for your injection, start to take paracetamol on the day and for 24 hours after. This helps with any side effects. I had my vaccine last night and I just have a bit of a sore arm that's all this morning.

Im sure you will have been given this information. I wasnt and had to ask! I wanted to know if it was safe to have the vaccine on the last day of my Palbociclib cycle as my immune system would be at its lowest. I was assured it was fine, I just won't get 100% immunity from it until my next injection. Need to stay safe and carry on safe distancing and shielding. 

Take care all 

Gill xx