cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Cancerversory thanks a bunch πŸ˜”

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Cancerversory thanks a bunch πŸ˜”

Well done for the kick up the bum!!

It does get easier...glad you’re feeling a bit better. 

I’m running my first 10k in 3 weeks. Never thought I’d be doing that at the beginning of my diagnosis!! X

Highlighted

Hi Mishy, sorry to hear your secondary news, it’s a real kick in the teeth isn’t it!

I too thought I was one of β€œthe luck ones” dx stage 1 low grade cancer and was 7 year clear when mine decided to raise it’s ugly head again.

I agree about the lack of knowledge of secondaries, I had no idea it could reappear else where!

well I’m 5 years from secondary dx (hips ribs and spine) and plodding along okay.

Good luck with your future treatments.

hugs Janette x

Highlighted

thanks for replying Bon and Crystal i feel better emotionally today i was wobbly with the date a straight to stage 4 must be a massive thing i admire you for coping 

Primary is a hard one as you are given curative treatment and alot of false hope!!! I dont think i was given enough reality as it seems alot of us end up with early recurrence 2 thirds of my primary chemo support on forum have mets the others in fear πŸ˜” 

Today i have kicked myself up the bum and feeling better thanks for understanding xx

Highlighted

I too was convinced that I wouldn't hear from cancer again, my primary was stage 1-2 and at one point a breast surgeon said 'Your cured!'.It's a big shock and it's hard to see women you know around you who are still OK

There is lots of support here and once you have a treatment plan in place you can focus on that and a 'new normal'

Hugs Bon xx

Highlighted

It must be very difficult for you. I always wonder how I would feel if I had a primary diagnosis . There must be a constant worry of recurrence.

I was diagnosed secondary from the start but I am probably stronger knowing what I’m dealing with than worrying about it coming back. You will find your strength in time.

Highlighted

Thanks Ann i expect most of us feel like this sometimes keeping myself busy helps and doing nice things πŸ–’

Highlighted

I’m sorry you are experiencing this. It’s so tough. There is a lot of support on the forum and things do get easier 

Highlighted

Cancerversory thanks a bunch πŸ˜”

Sorry im not being very positive but tommorow its 2 years since primary diagnosis last year i was celebrating making it through the barrage of πŸ’© that comes with the treatments, relatively unscathed although shell shocked

on new years eve i raised a glass to a happy cancer free year looking forward to moving forward a little

roll on 2 weeks and im having the ct scan that was to within a few days rip all my hope from my grip ....

Secondry breast cancer in my lungs how could this be? I was in the good stats πŸ€”πŸ˜² only had the tests because of a chest infection and an over cautious locum gp 

So here i am on watchful waiting no treatment yet anxious for my next scan  

No celebrating this year no high fiving in the club tropicana with my fellow treatment buddies (moving forward after bc threads) my cancerversory this year is a very different day its filled with a heavy heart