We have worked with other health charities on guidelines around coronavirus.
You can find our page here: https://breastcancernow.org/about-us/media/statements/advice-coronavirus-people-cancer
Should you wish to chat to someone on our breast care team, you can reach our nurses on freephone 0808 800 6000 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm; Sat 9am-1pm).
Sending our best wishes to all
Paris, I do think you’ve made a wise decision. Just not worth the risk with compromised immune systems. Hopefully you’ll find a lovely romantic cottage that will tick boxes for you and hubby. Make plans for next year. Best wishes. X
Hi AnnieJ and everyone else that has responded. I agree, I will be terrified to pick up anything and also if someone else gets it the chances are we could be quarantined like those in Tenerife. Its not worth it for 3 days in the sun, as much as I was looking forward to it! A friend also told me they knew someone who had cancer and was planning on going to Tenerife. Their doctor advised them against it and they got a full refund of the holiday through their insurance. It also said on Breakfast TV today that if you have health conditions then the insurance company should be happy to refund in the circumstances.
We also have a 60th Birthday holiday for my husband in Barcelona in May...looks like that will be cancelled too. I'm obviously not meant to be going on holiday this year!
I have an oncology appointment on 18th March, so will see how things are by then and make a decision based on their advice. Will let you know what they say.
If in doubt why put yourself at risk? I don’t think you’d enjoy it for worrying. One of the ladies in my support group has cancelled her Italian holiday for just that reason. Our lead BC nurse fully endorsed her decision. You just know that we won’t withstand that virus. Im dreading getting on the plane back from Lanzerote in case someone has a cold, never mind corona virus! 😢😱 It’s a right bugger. X
It’s quite worrying isn’t it ladies, my daughter and her husband are going to Venice on Sunday and some parts are in lockdown, she’s hoping that they’re are going to stop flights because she really doesn’t feel like going there at the moment, they’re are trying to get pregnant too!!
I think to be on the safe side I will be giving her a wide birth for a few weeks when she gets back......there’s always FaceTime!
I'm in a pickle too!! We have a holiday booked to Tenerife in 3 weeks with a group of friends as a surprise for one of our group who will be 50. Today on the news it said there is an outbreak of the coronavirus there. We are all in the lap of the Gods!!!
Hi it's such a pain isn't it? We had a cruise to Japan booked. Finally managed to get insurance and hospital are happy I can go. But cruise company cancelled. It was for our 40th wedding anniversary. But as you say it's scary to think we might catch the virus. I have lung mets. Probably would finish me off! But then we could possibly pick it up in tesco! Who knows what to do? Xx
Just having the same conversation with my husband over dinner. We’re due to go the French Alps in May. We’re going to monitor the situation and take a view nearer the time. I guess the key is what happens in Italy over the next week or so and where it goes from there. X
Hi all. I'm due to go on a 3 night break to Benidorm for a bit of fun and sun st the end of March. Just heard there is an outbreak of the virus in Barcelona today. Not sure what to do! Scared to go now and risk picking up the virus. Anyone else in a similar situation? Might have to call the tour operator and speak to my GP. Nightmare as so looking forward to getting away!