I had my Palbo stopped for 2 weeks, then the Letrozole stopped for the next 2 weeks last year to see if they were causing/contributing to a rash I had. Macmillan nurse reassured me that it would not be detrimental and it wasn’t, scans showed everything still stable, so try not to worry. I am fortunate to be under a wonderful cancer hospital and consultant team along a fantastic Macmillan team, can access any of them any time with any concerns.
Thank you for your reply @Liz0418, I am feeling much better about it all today, I have picked up my meds and taken them now.
I think I just spiralled a bit as the delay had nothing to do with my health and I found it a bit harder to accept then if my neutrophils had been low.
Its good to hear that the meds are keeping everything stable for you 😊
Thank you x
Hi I completely understand that you are feeling worried but I have been on combo of palbo letrozole and zometa for bones for 3 + years which is keeping this stable . Have had several breaks of a week due to low neutrophils and been on lowest dose of palbo 75mgs for over last 6 months . Have secondaries in lung pelvis and base of spine. My treatment was delayed initially because I was told breast lump found wasn't worrying but despite that my treatment is keeping things stable. It good we have each other here for support . Love and positive vibes Liz xx
I have been a member for a short while now and have taken a lot encouragement and positivity from your posts and replies but haven't posted myself yet.
I was diagnosed with secondary breast cancer in my liver and a tiny amount on my bones on the 21st April after being sent to A&E by my GP with a pain in my right side. I am on a combination of Palboclicib, Letrozole, Denosumab and Goserelin. I also had my first scan result and there were no changes/further growth, so I was really please and felt things were at least going the right way.
I work in a school and on the day I was due to have my previous round of treatment, we were told that we had to into isolation for 10 days due to a positive case. I had to prospone my treatment for the 10 days too, which although I was was worried about doing the Dr's were extremely reassuring. I know there will be times when treatment has to delayed due to neutrophil levels.
I went for my treatment yesterday and although I got my injections, there had been a mix up and they didn't have my palboclicib or letrozole. The pharmacy hadn't dispensed it and they had closed before I'd even had my appointment. I'm now having to wait till tomorrow to pick it up. In my head I know that 2 more days won't make a difference but I feel like it's sent me into a bit of a spiral. I was already at the end of my week off the palboclicib, then had a further 10 days off and now another 2 days and my meds won't be in sync.
I'm scared this will set me back and the tumours will end up growing, or that this treatment plan will end sooner and they'll run out of options. It didn't help that the Sister in charge said that the 2 weeks missed will be added onto the end of my treatment period (like when on chemo), when there is no end just a move onto whatever the next treatment will be.
Sorry for long post, husband has tried to be reassuring but I'm struggling to snap myself out of this funk...usually I'm really positive 😊.
Thank you for reading