Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got questions need help with

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Got questions need help with

EBrown, You are young but could still get breast cancer at your age. It is very rare, but does happen. I'm not a Dr but really don't like that the lump has been there for awhile and that you think you feel more and your breast has discharge. These are all red flags waving.  You need checked out! You need an appointment with a GYN. You will probably have to stomp your feet to get testing, but stomp away. They can do a needle aspiration of it right at the GYN. This involves sticking a needle in and pulling back on the plunger to get some fluid. No worse than an injection. They should have the results back in about a week or less. Do not let them keep fobbing you off. If you aren't satisfied with having it aspirated insist on a biopsy, this is a little more invasive than an aspiration. Good luck! Please let us know how you get along. FF

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply! Getting support of someone is really helpful!x

Highlighted

Thank you for replying! And yeah the lump is still there , my doctor said it was due to my age he didn’t think I’d have anything as it was last year I had only just turned 20 so I feel like they won’t press forward because of that but I will try ! X

Highlighted

Hi Ebrown1,

I can only repeat what Anne and Nicky have said, please get this checked out again. I was in two minds about posting as I do think I was unlucky but I had both a mammogram and ultrasound which were clear, so while as Nicky has said the itching could be for any number of conditions, if you didn’t have a biopsy please go back and insist on more testing. Please let us know how you get on, Kate x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi

I agree with Anne, go to your GP and explain what you have just written on here. Itching etc is not a defining sign of SBC, it could be for any number of conditions. If you are worried about the lump in your breast insist that it is investigated fully (if it is still there, you didn’t say). You also haven’t said if the hospital ran any tests on your breast, such as a biopsy (you do say you had a mammogram). If you did have a biopsy this would be pretty conclusive as to whether the lump etc is breast cancer or not. If it was only a mammogram you may need to find out if other tests can be done.

I hope you have your mind put at rest by a medical professional, Dr Google is a scary person!

Nicky

Highlighted

Hello. I’m not a doctor and so can’t comment on this. You need to get this checked out for your own peace of mind. Don’t trust the internet! It’s not a good place to research medical stuff! My advice would be to see a doctor and he or she can put your mind at rest x

Highlighted

Got questions need help with

Hello, I’m a little bit concerned as I found a lump over a year ago in my right Breast , 

i went to the doctors and had a monogram but was told it’s fine 

i have discharge from the breast which looks and feels oily 

but I was not concerned as the hospital said it was fine 

but the past couple months I have been in pain with a hard lump just above the breast and below the collar bone and while this I have been having pain in the right side of my lower abdomen , and itchy skin in the creases of my elbows and back of knees

I’ve researched online and everything is saying it could be secondary Breast. Cancer but my doctor just brushed me off , was just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms

thank you for any replies