cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a difficult day

4 REPLIES 4
Community Champion

Re: Having a difficult day

Hi Paris, I think we’ve all been where you are at the moment. Good days and bad days still happen, and I’m two years in. For me acceptance has been key, and I now try to find some little pleasure each day. Life is , literally, too short!  My brain used to run ahead of me, and knowing I probably may not see grandchildren grow, or do a long holiday again, really got to me. My wonderful Onco got me sorted with psycholgical services who taught me a few ‘tricks’ to manage negativity, and I used my wonderful Maggies centre to access courses on sleep management, stress and mindfulness. I hope that this has helped you feel less alone, and perhaps inspired you a little to pursue other avenues of help so that you can find some peace of mind in your current situation. Sending hugs and oceans of good wishes. X

I certainly know how you feel - especially about future plans. I wouldn’t plan anything at first but it’s a year and a half in and I will now. As to long term plans everyone is making them in hope. No one knows what life has in store for them. Little treats coming up can help x

Thanks Wendy. I'm off work today  and husband out which is probably why I'm like I am...too much time to think! Met up with a friend for lunch and just sat people watching and it got to me more than I thought. However when I'm in work I want to be at home! Cant win at the moment. It is good to hear ladies are doing well and for long periods. I'm just not sure yet what my prognosis is and no one will say for obvious reasons. Bone mets in spine pelvis shoulder and sternum...and another lump in same breast. Just on letrezole at the moment and waiting for an app with oncologist. Nothing seems to be rushed either so feel anxious that the mets could spread. Thanks for your reply. It does help! Xx

Hi Paris

i know exactly how you feel. I have days like this especially when due to go to any sort of appt, my results are due next week so feeling a bit weepy, but I have had 2 and a half years more than I ever thought I would when diagnosed. I want to cry when people mention planning holidays far in the future, retirement, grandchildren all the things I want BUT take hope from the ladies on here who have been here a good few years and try to plan a few treats for yourself now and be as normal as possible it really does help. I am in work looking at spreadsheets boring but normal lol .  Sending hugs    Wendyx 

Having a difficult day

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like I do but feel really down and depressed. Only been diagnosed as secondaries a week ago and trying to be positive. Just today people around me all seem to be planning their lives with holidays, weddings, grandchildren and looking towards the future. My life seems to be on hold with nothing to look forward to but ill health. There is nothing anyone can do to change things but feel very alone despite having family around me. Its tiring to keep smiling when all I want to do is cry! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day! Thanks for listening! X