cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to starve cancer

Highlighted

Re: How to starve cancer

Hi Paris,

I have the book and also went to hear Jane speak last year (I have posted about it in another thread). I’ve been adding and taking supplements since my diagnosis over 4 years ago now, and do believe they have really helped me, along with the other lifestyle changes I’ve made (which Jane also did) such as getting more sleep, regular exercise and of course diet, which I personally think is paramount, and as you will have read Jane agrees with this. The research she uncovered is incredible and it does make you wonder why there aren’t more trials into these drugs, especially when you consider the side effects compared to chemotherapy!

You probably know there is a Facebook group, which I have found very helpful and informative, especially when working out my Metro Map, and also a website.

I asked my Oncologist about Metformin at my last appointment, she didn’t want to prescribe it at that time because my scan was stable, but agreed to discuss again in the future. I had just added Berberine to my supplements prior to the appointment so I was happy with that. My Oncologist has never objected to me taking supplements but she knows I do research them first and if I have any doubts ask a pharmacist before taking. Please let me know how you get on and what you decide to do after reading the book.

Kate x

Highlighted

How to starve cancer

Hi everyone. I was at an oncology appointment and a lady sat opposite me started to tell me about supplements that she swore were effective alongside conventional treatments. She told me to read "How to Starve Cancer...without starving yourself" which was written by Jane Mclelland who was diagnosed with stage 4 long cancer and given 12 weeks to live. 17 years later she was cancer free. I've started reading the book and I cant put it down! It's so informative. I would recommend everyone to read this. It will make you think about your role in your treatment and how supplements alongside conventional treatments can starve the cancer. I plan on discussing what I've learnt to my oncologist next month. Apparently it's important they are on your side, as a lot of doctors dismiss alternative therapies despite research proving otherwise.